Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Demonically Troubled IC thread [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43
At 7:00 am the school doors officially opened. Some students were arriving for their first time, some were returning from summer break, and some were already milling about who had stayed the summer or joined during summer. The orientation assembly would start in an hour and a half, and in the mean time breakfast was being served and people were meeting and reconnecting. The school cook team had gone above and beyond for the first day of school, preparing a plethora of dishes for a wide variety of palates. The more serious teachers, such as Janet, were hard at work setting up their classrooms or getting ready to introduce themselves to the new students, while more laid back teachers would be getting breakfast and greeting students. Tessa was helping Audra and Ajax set up the assembly room, while Alyssa monitored the cafeteria. Eric and Sam greeted students at the door, welcoming them and telling them where to go for breakfast.

Yuki Anna was one of those who had stayed the summer, what with not having a home to go back to. She was getting breakfast when she heard and saw the students arriving. Quickly she finished up and rushed to the door, giving Eric a warm smile before making her way out to wave and smile at everyone, complimenting some and just yelling "hi!" At others. Once in a while she'd pause to take a bite of her breakfast. But greeting or eating, she was there for a reason; to give the other students a good feeling as they came in.

@MistressMagpie
At 7:00 am the school doors officially opened. Some students were arriving for their first time, some were returning from summer break, and some were already milling about who had stayed the summer or joined during summer. The orientation assembly would start in an hour and a half, and in the mean time breakfast was being served and people were meeting and reconnecting. The school cook team had gone above and beyond for the first day of school, preparing a plethora of dishes for a wide variety of palates. The more serious teachers, such as Janet, were hard at work setting up their classrooms or getting ready to introduce themselves to the new students, while more laid back teachers would be getting breakfast and greeting students. Tessa was helping Audra and Ajax set up the assembly room, while Alyssa monitored the cafeteria. Eric and Sam greeted students at the door, welcoming them and telling them where to go for breakfast.

Yuki Anna was one of those who had stayed the summer, what with not having a home to go back to. She was getting breakfast when she heard and saw the students arriving. Quickly she finished up and rushed to the door, giving Eric a warm smile before making her way out to wave and smile at everyone, complimenting some and just yelling "hi!" At others. Once in a while she'd pause to take a bite of her breakfast. But greeting or eating, she was there for a reason; to give the other students a good feeling as they came in.

@MistressMagpie
Lukas' father forced him into coming into this school. Even though he was going into 12th grade this was his very first year of school since he was home schooled by his father. He didn't look quite happy about going to school. He was going to give the teachers a hard time, make them know he doesnt want to be here. He was walking with his eyes closed. They were useless anyway. He didnt want everyone to see his blunted eyes just yet. Make them believe he can see. The way he walked around the crowd seemed as if he could see just fine but all his magic gave him was a glimpse of everyone's silhouttes.

He stopped in front of the teachers that were greeting the students at the door. He opened his eyes but didnt look at them. He could try but he didnt want to even bother.
- I dont exactly know where you want me to go when you tell me, I need someone to show me
He said without emotion. Seat numbers and other things like that didnt exactly tell him anything. He didnt have any books or bags on him. Just one old looking laptop with its surface scratched many times.
Lukas' father forced him into coming into this school. Even though he was going into 12th grade this was his very first year of school since he was home schooled by his father. He didn't look quite happy about going to school. He was going to give the teachers a hard time, make them know he doesnt want to be here. He was walking with his eyes closed. They were useless anyway. He didnt want everyone to see his blunted eyes just yet. Make them believe he can see. The way he walked around the crowd seemed as if he could see just fine but all his magic gave him was a glimpse of everyone's silhouttes.

He stopped in front of the teachers that were greeting the students at the door. He opened his eyes but didnt look at them. He could try but he didnt want to even bother.
- I dont exactly know where you want me to go when you tell me, I need someone to show me
He said without emotion. Seat numbers and other things like that didnt exactly tell him anything. He didnt have any books or bags on him. Just one old looking laptop with its surface scratched many times.
37bVriD.png....
Lair of a Fox's madness
He/Him | FR+9
Bilingual English / Polish
Wishlist
cvLaV29.png
Breakfast had been... Eventful.

Castor had been to the school, but all the way back in eighth grade, and then his mother had pulled him out. For some reason she saw fit to throw him back in again, and Castor had to insist that that was stupid. He hadn't exactly enjoyed the school last time and making him return was making him more bitter than usual.

Breakfast had therefore been him and his mother ignoring each other, and using Rae as a messenger. Castor didn't like that his little brother had been involved, too young to really understand why everyone was mad, and had stormed out. And by storming out, he'd disappeared into a void and gone to the human world, determined to not talk to his mother for the rest of the semester. The semester he didn't want, and didn't think was fair. He'd be well behaved all summer, and he had liked the school he was going to, but for some reason she thought that this school was a better fit.

"She wouldn't know a better fit if it punched her in the face," Castor muttered to himself. He went to enter in the school only to see some kid talking to the teachers. A short kid with purple at the end of his tail that looked kind of fluffy. Castor wanted to poke it and find out if it was, but the closer he got the clearer the conversation. He stopped mid step. Can you get kicked out of this place? He hadn't tried all the way back in eighth, but he thought you should be able to. Either way, he smiled. "I'll show you," he volunteered. This wasn't his 'trying to get out' part yet. This was his 'finding an accomplice to do it'. Prisoners didn't break out of jail without a friend, after all.
Breakfast had been... Eventful.

Castor had been to the school, but all the way back in eighth grade, and then his mother had pulled him out. For some reason she saw fit to throw him back in again, and Castor had to insist that that was stupid. He hadn't exactly enjoyed the school last time and making him return was making him more bitter than usual.

Breakfast had therefore been him and his mother ignoring each other, and using Rae as a messenger. Castor didn't like that his little brother had been involved, too young to really understand why everyone was mad, and had stormed out. And by storming out, he'd disappeared into a void and gone to the human world, determined to not talk to his mother for the rest of the semester. The semester he didn't want, and didn't think was fair. He'd be well behaved all summer, and he had liked the school he was going to, but for some reason she thought that this school was a better fit.

"She wouldn't know a better fit if it punched her in the face," Castor muttered to himself. He went to enter in the school only to see some kid talking to the teachers. A short kid with purple at the end of his tail that looked kind of fluffy. Castor wanted to poke it and find out if it was, but the closer he got the clearer the conversation. He stopped mid step. Can you get kicked out of this place? He hadn't tried all the way back in eighth, but he thought you should be able to. Either way, he smiled. "I'll show you," he volunteered. This wasn't his 'trying to get out' part yet. This was his 'finding an accomplice to do it'. Prisoners didn't break out of jail without a friend, after all.
Lukas turned his head to him and shrugged his shoulders. His tail twitched to one side and then back.
- I dont need charity but okay - He said and faced him.
His eyes just seemed to be staring into the distance. Kind of freaky if you are not used to it.

- Im Lukas by the way - He added. He hated situations where you dont know how to adress someone so he wanted to avoid that. He looked unimpressed and bored to the core but most importantly like he doesnt want to be here either.
Lukas turned his head to him and shrugged his shoulders. His tail twitched to one side and then back.
- I dont need charity but okay - He said and faced him.
His eyes just seemed to be staring into the distance. Kind of freaky if you are not used to it.

- Im Lukas by the way - He added. He hated situations where you dont know how to adress someone so he wanted to avoid that. He looked unimpressed and bored to the core but most importantly like he doesnt want to be here either.
37bVriD.png....
Lair of a Fox's madness
He/Him | FR+9
Wishlist
cvLaV29.png
Andrea
Andrea Benally's day was not off to a great start.

It wasn't terrible. She'd had far worse ones, after all. But having two half-grown werewolf pups decide that your bed was the best place to have an impromptu wrestling match was definitely not the way she'd wanted to wake up. Then, of course, with Ismeta out of the house already, Jackson had decided it was the perfect time to shove his sister into the side of the bed a bit too roughly and make her cry. Poor thing. So for the first thirty minutes of consciousness Drey found herself dealing with her two rowdy housemates - which included getting them dressed for school, because there was no way Drey was letting Jackson walk to school in plaid shorts, of all things. Seriously, who even thought those were a good idea? - until Ismeta returned from her morning run. From there, it was a race against time for Drey to get ready for school herself.

Speaking of school, Andrea stopped for a moment to stare at the structure ahead of her. It would technically be her first year into an actual high school, even though she'd be thrust into eleventh grade. A year behind where she should be. She'd gone to public schools before but that had been before. Before everything. Not to mention she wasn't sure if they'd be very friendly to a human who'd mutilated part of her own face. She supposed she'd just have to be friendly to them first.

Well, technically human, Drey mused, reaching a tentative hand up to touch the antlers protruding from her head. Ugh, Drey, quit worrying and get in there! She straightened her back, adjusted her skirt, and walked in, tossing a bright, lopsided grin at a small black haired girl shouting greetings near the entrance.
Andrea
Andrea Benally's day was not off to a great start.

It wasn't terrible. She'd had far worse ones, after all. But having two half-grown werewolf pups decide that your bed was the best place to have an impromptu wrestling match was definitely not the way she'd wanted to wake up. Then, of course, with Ismeta out of the house already, Jackson had decided it was the perfect time to shove his sister into the side of the bed a bit too roughly and make her cry. Poor thing. So for the first thirty minutes of consciousness Drey found herself dealing with her two rowdy housemates - which included getting them dressed for school, because there was no way Drey was letting Jackson walk to school in plaid shorts, of all things. Seriously, who even thought those were a good idea? - until Ismeta returned from her morning run. From there, it was a race against time for Drey to get ready for school herself.

Speaking of school, Andrea stopped for a moment to stare at the structure ahead of her. It would technically be her first year into an actual high school, even though she'd be thrust into eleventh grade. A year behind where she should be. She'd gone to public schools before but that had been before. Before everything. Not to mention she wasn't sure if they'd be very friendly to a human who'd mutilated part of her own face. She supposed she'd just have to be friendly to them first.

Well, technically human, Drey mused, reaching a tentative hand up to touch the antlers protruding from her head. Ugh, Drey, quit worrying and get in there! She straightened her back, adjusted her skirt, and walked in, tossing a bright, lopsided grin at a small black haired girl shouting greetings near the entrance.
banner_grimm.png
"I'm not giving it to you," Castor said dryly when the boy insisted he didn't need charity. He might as well make it really clear that his attempt to be nice was not a way to get brownie points with the teachers. He had to avert his gaze a little at Lukas' stare, chewing the inside of his lip. The only thing that comforted him was that Lukas didn't look like he wanted to be living whatever normal, fulfilling life they advertised here either. "I'm Castor." He winced as he said his own name. He didn't remember Lukas, but that didn't mean that Lukas didn't remember him. He really didn't want any to recognise him. Who leaves a school only to come back three years later anyway? It was stupid. At least it helped him remember where the assembly hall is.

Or so he thought.

"Come on, then, Mr I Don't Need Your Charity," he said, a hint of venom in his tone, though he tried to sound friendly. He was just pretty bad at it. He took Lukas' hand and pulled him along. "Assembly hall, assembly hall," he mumbled. Why had he not bothered noting down which room number it was? Had the school always looked like this? Instead of ending up at the assembly hall, he ended up at the cafeteria. Is this a sign? he thought, quickly followed by, A sign that you don't know where you're going? Yeah, idiot.

"I don't know about you, but I need a proper breakfast. We've got the time." Castor didn't ask Lukas' permission before he got himself a plate and started helping himself. He doubted that orientation would be something everyone turned up to on time anyway, so it didn't really matter if they were late.
"I'm not giving it to you," Castor said dryly when the boy insisted he didn't need charity. He might as well make it really clear that his attempt to be nice was not a way to get brownie points with the teachers. He had to avert his gaze a little at Lukas' stare, chewing the inside of his lip. The only thing that comforted him was that Lukas didn't look like he wanted to be living whatever normal, fulfilling life they advertised here either. "I'm Castor." He winced as he said his own name. He didn't remember Lukas, but that didn't mean that Lukas didn't remember him. He really didn't want any to recognise him. Who leaves a school only to come back three years later anyway? It was stupid. At least it helped him remember where the assembly hall is.

Or so he thought.

"Come on, then, Mr I Don't Need Your Charity," he said, a hint of venom in his tone, though he tried to sound friendly. He was just pretty bad at it. He took Lukas' hand and pulled him along. "Assembly hall, assembly hall," he mumbled. Why had he not bothered noting down which room number it was? Had the school always looked like this? Instead of ending up at the assembly hall, he ended up at the cafeteria. Is this a sign? he thought, quickly followed by, A sign that you don't know where you're going? Yeah, idiot.

"I don't know about you, but I need a proper breakfast. We've got the time." Castor didn't ask Lukas' permission before he got himself a plate and started helping himself. He doubted that orientation would be something everyone turned up to on time anyway, so it didn't really matter if they were late.
His actions actually amused him. He let Castor drag him along. Not paying much attention to his surroundings.
- You dont seem to know your surrounding that well either.
He laughted. He wasnt sure exactly what food was there but he had no interest in it. He could eat both human and kitsune food but at this moment he didnt feel like anything. His kitsune food being the souls of the dead, he doubted they served that at this school. Yuko promised to send them over to him, unless someone dies here, then he would just steal that soul.

He grabbed the first thing that seemed edible. A pre made sandwich.
- Im in no rush for the school to start, heck I would rather get out of here.
His voice wasnt the nicest either. So far he didnt care for Castor in any way. If he insists on showing him the way, then he might as well do it. He wasnt going to stop him, maybe use him.

He closed his eyes again for a longer moment. He was concentrating his aura to estimate just how many people are here. He was doing a head count in a way. A useful ability if you want to break out of school. You get to see inside rooms and behind corridor corners. You only see silhouttes but thats better then nothing at all.
His actions actually amused him. He let Castor drag him along. Not paying much attention to his surroundings.
- You dont seem to know your surrounding that well either.
He laughted. He wasnt sure exactly what food was there but he had no interest in it. He could eat both human and kitsune food but at this moment he didnt feel like anything. His kitsune food being the souls of the dead, he doubted they served that at this school. Yuko promised to send them over to him, unless someone dies here, then he would just steal that soul.

He grabbed the first thing that seemed edible. A pre made sandwich.
- Im in no rush for the school to start, heck I would rather get out of here.
His voice wasnt the nicest either. So far he didnt care for Castor in any way. If he insists on showing him the way, then he might as well do it. He wasnt going to stop him, maybe use him.

He closed his eyes again for a longer moment. He was concentrating his aura to estimate just how many people are here. He was doing a head count in a way. A useful ability if you want to break out of school. You get to see inside rooms and behind corridor corners. You only see silhouttes but thats better then nothing at all.
37bVriD.png....
Lair of a Fox's madness
He/Him | FR+9
Wishlist
cvLaV29.png
Being summoned by twenty idiot occultists in the middle of “summer” isn’t exactly his idea of fun, you know? This plane was so stupid it almost had him gagging. The sunshine here annoyed him, those chirping birds annoyed him... Everything here was just inconvenient. Seriously, who used utensils for eating.

Ryan moved a piece of egg with his fork, not bothering to even think about eating it. Quickly, he pushed it away when it crumbled into an eggy mess on his place. “Screw that,” he said, but with a more... explicit word. Sadly he couldn’t just, y’know, randomly kill people for their souls, so he would have to make like a regular person and hope that someone in here starts crying so he can actually eat.

Or, he could do it himself. Yeah, that sounded like a lot more fun. Newly motivated, he got up from his (admittedly uncomfortable) seat and looked for new faces. Well, everyone was new to him, but younger faces. More naive.

Ezra had just arrived back at the school from going on a idiotic vacation with their parents. Well, it wasn’t really Ezra who walked through the door.

“Hello!” Abby said excitedly to Eric and Sam before sprinting to the cafeteria. She hardly had time to squeal at the cute little kid as she passed. Who let that adorable girl in? What was she- a third grader? The thought got her thinking, but whatever.

Damn, she needed the taste of food again. On that vacation her parents practically forced her to leave Ezra alone. Her eyes tested up- er, Ezra’s eyes tested up, at the thought. God, why does no one in this stupid family understand her? You know, Ezra can handle it, she thought to herself as she piled on breakfast onto her plate.
Being summoned by twenty idiot occultists in the middle of “summer” isn’t exactly his idea of fun, you know? This plane was so stupid it almost had him gagging. The sunshine here annoyed him, those chirping birds annoyed him... Everything here was just inconvenient. Seriously, who used utensils for eating.

Ryan moved a piece of egg with his fork, not bothering to even think about eating it. Quickly, he pushed it away when it crumbled into an eggy mess on his place. “Screw that,” he said, but with a more... explicit word. Sadly he couldn’t just, y’know, randomly kill people for their souls, so he would have to make like a regular person and hope that someone in here starts crying so he can actually eat.

Or, he could do it himself. Yeah, that sounded like a lot more fun. Newly motivated, he got up from his (admittedly uncomfortable) seat and looked for new faces. Well, everyone was new to him, but younger faces. More naive.

Ezra had just arrived back at the school from going on a idiotic vacation with their parents. Well, it wasn’t really Ezra who walked through the door.

“Hello!” Abby said excitedly to Eric and Sam before sprinting to the cafeteria. She hardly had time to squeal at the cute little kid as she passed. Who let that adorable girl in? What was she- a third grader? The thought got her thinking, but whatever.

Damn, she needed the taste of food again. On that vacation her parents practically forced her to leave Ezra alone. Her eyes tested up- er, Ezra’s eyes tested up, at the thought. God, why does no one in this stupid family understand her? You know, Ezra can handle it, she thought to herself as she piled on breakfast onto her plate.
FucILoG.pngimage0.gifa3zmj4c.png
Castor liked human food quite a lot. He munched happily on some toast and egg, watching Lukas the entire time. "It's been a long time since I've been here," he defended, "And I tried to find the assembly room, but let's be honest, the cafeteria is way better. I need breakfast to think." Castor wanted a coffee too. He smiled when Lukas mentioned wanting to leave. "Same. Not sure where I'd go though." He couldn't exactly go home; his mother would send him right back again. "I might just bunk off if the classes are too dull..." He knew he'd have to do something worse to truly escape, but it was a start.

Castor didn't ask when Lukas closed his eyes. It honestly calmed him a little. The blank stare of his eyes was off putting, which only made Castor feel guilty. To distract himself, he looked around. There was a cheery girl who looked about Rae's age. He couldn't imagine Rae studying here, though he guessed that Rae was too good to go to a school for 'troubled children'. You don't need to worry about Rae right now, he reminded himself. He noticed a boy about his age who looked pretty annoyed with his food, and redirected his gaze away. Maybe he shouldn't accidentally make eye contact with anyone. "What grade are you in?" he asked eventually, since Lukas looked pretty short, and he couldn't guess his age.
Castor liked human food quite a lot. He munched happily on some toast and egg, watching Lukas the entire time. "It's been a long time since I've been here," he defended, "And I tried to find the assembly room, but let's be honest, the cafeteria is way better. I need breakfast to think." Castor wanted a coffee too. He smiled when Lukas mentioned wanting to leave. "Same. Not sure where I'd go though." He couldn't exactly go home; his mother would send him right back again. "I might just bunk off if the classes are too dull..." He knew he'd have to do something worse to truly escape, but it was a start.

Castor didn't ask when Lukas closed his eyes. It honestly calmed him a little. The blank stare of his eyes was off putting, which only made Castor feel guilty. To distract himself, he looked around. There was a cheery girl who looked about Rae's age. He couldn't imagine Rae studying here, though he guessed that Rae was too good to go to a school for 'troubled children'. You don't need to worry about Rae right now, he reminded himself. He noticed a boy about his age who looked pretty annoyed with his food, and redirected his gaze away. Maybe he shouldn't accidentally make eye contact with anyone. "What grade are you in?" he asked eventually, since Lukas looked pretty short, and he couldn't guess his age.
Lukas took a few bites of his sandwich. Obviously not interested in it. Then he smirked.
- You can always go where your feet take you. Say. I know a few tricks, and you know this place, how about a little deal? We sign in for attendance and then ditch this place, go have some fun. The weather is too good to just sit around all day.
He suggested still smirking.

Then he opened his eyes again. His eyes as lifeless as ever. He didnt look around, or didnt look at him when talking but by the way he moved it was hard to suggest he was blind. He wasnt going to tell him unless he asked or trip on something he should have seen.

- A one time partnership, for our benefit, are you in or are you going to chicken out?
He asked. He seemed confident all of this could work out.
- Im going into 12th grade, how about you?
He asked. Not honestly interested in the answer but he wanted to keep the conversation going.
Lukas took a few bites of his sandwich. Obviously not interested in it. Then he smirked.
- You can always go where your feet take you. Say. I know a few tricks, and you know this place, how about a little deal? We sign in for attendance and then ditch this place, go have some fun. The weather is too good to just sit around all day.
He suggested still smirking.

Then he opened his eyes again. His eyes as lifeless as ever. He didnt look around, or didnt look at him when talking but by the way he moved it was hard to suggest he was blind. He wasnt going to tell him unless he asked or trip on something he should have seen.

- A one time partnership, for our benefit, are you in or are you going to chicken out?
He asked. He seemed confident all of this could work out.
- Im going into 12th grade, how about you?
He asked. Not honestly interested in the answer but he wanted to keep the conversation going.
37bVriD.png....
Lair of a Fox's madness
He/Him | FR+9
Wishlist
cvLaV29.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43