Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Behind The Clouds (closed)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
Engel's eyes lit up as she hears the guy sort of sang and shouted about his drink. Smacking a hand over her mouth, she tried to stiffle her giggles at the ridiculous scene. Of course it doesn't work, and her bubbly giggles grabs the attention of the only one she was trying not to get, Zarak.

Not noticing the pickle she gotten herself into, she smiles brightly at the guy. "No, I'm not a dragon," her eyes dim a little as she continues on, "but i really wish I was. Just like Za-"

"ENGEL." Zarak's deep voice growled out her name in clearing warning from behind. Stiffening up, she knew instantly that she was saying too much to another stranger. With downcast eyes, she mouthed a sorry before turning back around. Noticing only then that her food was at the table already.

Refusing to look up at Zarak's angry eyes, Engel poked at her food with a small pout as Zarak stabbed and ripped into his steak. Slicing a thick chunk of steak for himself, Zarak glared at the boy behind Engel. He did not know him and dis not like how he was getting close to Engel. Even if it was a few words, that was still one too many.

Resisting the urge to blast a bolt of lightening at the kid, he focused on tearing down his steak to hurry up out of this joint. In the beginning it was nice, just Engel, him, and the waitress lady. Now it seemed half of this floating island of concrete hell decided to eat here.
Engel's eyes lit up as she hears the guy sort of sang and shouted about his drink. Smacking a hand over her mouth, she tried to stiffle her giggles at the ridiculous scene. Of course it doesn't work, and her bubbly giggles grabs the attention of the only one she was trying not to get, Zarak.

Not noticing the pickle she gotten herself into, she smiles brightly at the guy. "No, I'm not a dragon," her eyes dim a little as she continues on, "but i really wish I was. Just like Za-"

"ENGEL." Zarak's deep voice growled out her name in clearing warning from behind. Stiffening up, she knew instantly that she was saying too much to another stranger. With downcast eyes, she mouthed a sorry before turning back around. Noticing only then that her food was at the table already.

Refusing to look up at Zarak's angry eyes, Engel poked at her food with a small pout as Zarak stabbed and ripped into his steak. Slicing a thick chunk of steak for himself, Zarak glared at the boy behind Engel. He did not know him and dis not like how he was getting close to Engel. Even if it was a few words, that was still one too many.

Resisting the urge to blast a bolt of lightening at the kid, he focused on tearing down his steak to hurry up out of this joint. In the beginning it was nice, just Engel, him, and the waitress lady. Now it seemed half of this floating island of concrete hell decided to eat here.
Atticus

"Either way I'm lucky I apparently did ask him on one of his good days. I took a pretty big risk backing out of the force without any backup plans in mind. Sure, the city paid for our new apartment on account of our contributions and everything, but, I still had to put food on the table. For that your dad deserves my gratitude, but... It certainly would make things a lot easier if he was a little nicer sometimes, and not just to me either." He may have not been present during most of those instances of verbal abuse, but he could usually tell if Tiemeth was having a particularly bad day.

"He's... not been too harsh to you lately, I hope? I mean, sometimes I pick up a thing or two, never a nice feeling, that. I just wish by now he'd treat you better." It was likely quite evident to Tiamat that Atticus felt some guilt over the matter, considering their relationship was something that obviously annoyed her father greatly, what with his unfavorable view on humanity.

---

Sawyer

"Heh... to think my words are relaxin'... Well... It ain't such a bad thought I guess," Sawyer remarked, chuckling somewhat. Arank seemed to be pretty good at making others feel better as well, or at least, he knew how to cheer him up.

Sawyer's smile faltered a little at the mention of Atticus, but he didn't seem to reject the notion. He was a logical option, what with his connection to Tiamat who in turn was a part of the Dokusei.

"Yeah... we were pals for a while, had a fallin' out, surprised I've barely mentioned this to you before actually... Still, things ain't anywhere near as bad as they were, but, I dunno, still don't really talk to him much, our lives have just kinda gone different directions mostly... 'sides the fact we're livin' in the same city of course, but it is a pretty dang big city to be fair..." His ruminations were interrupted once he saw Arank rubbing at his shoulder again. Jeez... that wound was still getting at him that much? Granted it was a pretty grievous injury at the time but... the way it was affecting the poor guy, one might think it had happened just recently.

"You alright there? I can't believe that ol' injury's still actin' up... I mean, I don't know dragon anatomy very well but... you think maybe it gets like that to warn you 'bout somethin'?" He went over to steady Arank so he wouldn't risk passing out and collapsing onto the street, when he noticed an all-too-familiar sight walking down in their direction. No doubts about it, that was indeed Atticus coming down the path, holding hands with someone as well... Was that supposed to be Tiamat? Strange, he thought he recalled her human form having green hair...

"Well speak'a the devil..." he murmured, motioning Arank over to them. "Guess if we're gonna ask, we'd best take the opportunity now." At that, he waved over to the two, calling out Atticus' name, hoping the guy could hear him through the usual city ruckus.

---

Rhett

Rhett listened to Gronk sympathetically as the dragon recounted just how much that incident scarred him. It definitely wasn't a trauma that would ever leave him completely, but Rhett sincerely hoped it wouldn't forever dominate his thoughts and fears. "You hoist a lot of responsibility on yourself, Gronk... a lot more than you should ever be expected to. I know how you feel in a way. I think back to that entire war and sometimes think it's all my fault that Garvus could amass his troops completely under our noses and destroy so much in an instant. I sometimes feel like I should've been able to figure it out, that so many people died because I wasn't smart enough to realize it... It's tough, getting over mental demons like that... Just proves how fortunate we both are to have such great friends and allies by our side."

When Gronk brought up Atticus, Rhett seemed to give a look of brief surprise, then guilt. "Haven't contacted him for a while... I feel bad about that, but I'm sure he's doing fine. If there's anybody I trust to get by no matter what, it's Atticus. He's probably plenty busy... doing something I'm sure. I mean, I remember the last time we talked he'd mentioned he was getting out of the police force but I'll bet he's still got some kinda security job going on. Protecting people's in his blood... and I'm sure Tiamat's perfectly fine these days too. Those two together are like a dynamic duo, a real power couple... and of course he likes you. Why the hell wouldn't he? He just hasn't really had much of a chance to talk to you in person. Things were mostly still pretty hectic last time we were all together in one place."
Atticus

"Either way I'm lucky I apparently did ask him on one of his good days. I took a pretty big risk backing out of the force without any backup plans in mind. Sure, the city paid for our new apartment on account of our contributions and everything, but, I still had to put food on the table. For that your dad deserves my gratitude, but... It certainly would make things a lot easier if he was a little nicer sometimes, and not just to me either." He may have not been present during most of those instances of verbal abuse, but he could usually tell if Tiemeth was having a particularly bad day.

"He's... not been too harsh to you lately, I hope? I mean, sometimes I pick up a thing or two, never a nice feeling, that. I just wish by now he'd treat you better." It was likely quite evident to Tiamat that Atticus felt some guilt over the matter, considering their relationship was something that obviously annoyed her father greatly, what with his unfavorable view on humanity.

---

Sawyer

"Heh... to think my words are relaxin'... Well... It ain't such a bad thought I guess," Sawyer remarked, chuckling somewhat. Arank seemed to be pretty good at making others feel better as well, or at least, he knew how to cheer him up.

Sawyer's smile faltered a little at the mention of Atticus, but he didn't seem to reject the notion. He was a logical option, what with his connection to Tiamat who in turn was a part of the Dokusei.

"Yeah... we were pals for a while, had a fallin' out, surprised I've barely mentioned this to you before actually... Still, things ain't anywhere near as bad as they were, but, I dunno, still don't really talk to him much, our lives have just kinda gone different directions mostly... 'sides the fact we're livin' in the same city of course, but it is a pretty dang big city to be fair..." His ruminations were interrupted once he saw Arank rubbing at his shoulder again. Jeez... that wound was still getting at him that much? Granted it was a pretty grievous injury at the time but... the way it was affecting the poor guy, one might think it had happened just recently.

"You alright there? I can't believe that ol' injury's still actin' up... I mean, I don't know dragon anatomy very well but... you think maybe it gets like that to warn you 'bout somethin'?" He went over to steady Arank so he wouldn't risk passing out and collapsing onto the street, when he noticed an all-too-familiar sight walking down in their direction. No doubts about it, that was indeed Atticus coming down the path, holding hands with someone as well... Was that supposed to be Tiamat? Strange, he thought he recalled her human form having green hair...

"Well speak'a the devil..." he murmured, motioning Arank over to them. "Guess if we're gonna ask, we'd best take the opportunity now." At that, he waved over to the two, calling out Atticus' name, hoping the guy could hear him through the usual city ruckus.

---

Rhett

Rhett listened to Gronk sympathetically as the dragon recounted just how much that incident scarred him. It definitely wasn't a trauma that would ever leave him completely, but Rhett sincerely hoped it wouldn't forever dominate his thoughts and fears. "You hoist a lot of responsibility on yourself, Gronk... a lot more than you should ever be expected to. I know how you feel in a way. I think back to that entire war and sometimes think it's all my fault that Garvus could amass his troops completely under our noses and destroy so much in an instant. I sometimes feel like I should've been able to figure it out, that so many people died because I wasn't smart enough to realize it... It's tough, getting over mental demons like that... Just proves how fortunate we both are to have such great friends and allies by our side."

When Gronk brought up Atticus, Rhett seemed to give a look of brief surprise, then guilt. "Haven't contacted him for a while... I feel bad about that, but I'm sure he's doing fine. If there's anybody I trust to get by no matter what, it's Atticus. He's probably plenty busy... doing something I'm sure. I mean, I remember the last time we talked he'd mentioned he was getting out of the police force but I'll bet he's still got some kinda security job going on. Protecting people's in his blood... and I'm sure Tiamat's perfectly fine these days too. Those two together are like a dynamic duo, a real power couple... and of course he likes you. Why the hell wouldn't he? He just hasn't really had much of a chance to talk to you in person. Things were mostly still pretty hectic last time we were all together in one place."
So there was at least one dragon in her shop, and it made sense for them to want steak. Though they didnt have to yell about it. Not anything to be embarrassed about, though. Unless they were like her, hiding from their old home. Mysterious. It wasn't her place to ask though. He was a customer, not a guy on the street.
Kris walked over to the boith with the girl and the dragon happily, tucking the plastic platter under her arm.
"You two ready for a receipt or want some more?"
So there was at least one dragon in her shop, and it made sense for them to want steak. Though they didnt have to yell about it. Not anything to be embarrassed about, though. Unless they were like her, hiding from their old home. Mysterious. It wasn't her place to ask though. He was a customer, not a guy on the street.
Kris walked over to the boith with the girl and the dragon happily, tucking the plastic platter under her arm.
"You two ready for a receipt or want some more?"
tumblr_p7kcvo0jw61qatlkdo1_500.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
MIRA

NewYork

Mira didn't know how she had gotten to where she was. She had seemingly lost some of her memories. All she really knew was that she was an ice dragon. Living by the humans rules she was a short girl with snow white hair. Though when her body temperature rose, her hair would start to turn black. There were names she feels that she knows but unfortunately she cannot seem to remember what they were. Walking out of her flat she went onto the sidewalk and looked around. It appeared to be a usual day for everyone. Walking down the sidewalk she could easily be picked out of the crowd. "I wonder if there is anyone I recognize here. How did I even get here is an even better question."
MIRA

NewYork

Mira didn't know how she had gotten to where she was. She had seemingly lost some of her memories. All she really knew was that she was an ice dragon. Living by the humans rules she was a short girl with snow white hair. Though when her body temperature rose, her hair would start to turn black. There were names she feels that she knows but unfortunately she cannot seem to remember what they were. Walking out of her flat she went onto the sidewalk and looked around. It appeared to be a usual day for everyone. Walking down the sidewalk she could easily be picked out of the crowd. "I wonder if there is anyone I recognize here. How did I even get here is an even better question."
((Hope this is fine my head is dead cause of work. X_X ))

Tiamat

"Father has been alright, just the typical stuff like making me clean rooms, water mother's plants, tells me not to go in the basement floors then tells me to stay in my room when chores are done. Reminds me to not speak with new members or customers unless he allows it. Don't know why he thinks he needs to repeat it with me all the time. At least I am not dead to him anymore, right?". Sighing she looked up and could see the tower getting closer. They would be there soon, hopefully, father's mood was good. Maybe he would be busy all day like he has before. The dragon rarely leaves the building but it is a big place so it was common to not see someone for a while.

She then noticed someone waving ahead of them. The man seemed familiar a bit and so did the boy with him. Took her a moment to realize who they were." Atticus! Look who it is! Seems like today has already started to turn out better". Tiamat then waved her free hand toward the two and smiled. Then she let go of Atticus's hand and ran towards the red-eyed boy.

Arank

"I am fine Sawyer, thank you. Not sure why it does this, could it be some nerve issue? It feels like my arm is bleeding out, then a burning feeling starts. Don't speak of this near Lady Tiamat I do not want her to worry." Arank moved away from the human and spun around acting as if he was fine. It did make him dizzy though as he did it. So he then held his head stopping suddenly."Okay! Don't do that, now I am dizzy!". He then waved at the dragon and human also he smiled brightly. It was good to see Tiamat she looked well and pretty as usual. Weird, she had different colored hair than the last time he saw her. They often got along very well and have a good friendship. In the past, they were known to say words at the same time. Arank has even helped the dragon a few times, like saving her from being kidnapped and aiding her with understanding the crystals.

He then saw the girl actually running toward him."Tiamat!" he then laughed and ran toward her as well. It was not a good idea though he was forcing himself as he tried to hide his issue. The feeling would fade soon it has happened many times before. The two of them stop just a foot from each other. They then hugged each other tightly." I missed you! Your hugs are the best Tia they are warm like the sun or a bright flower. Caring and very gentle like a feather or cotton. Atticus is lucky he can get these hugs all the time".
Zoir

Watching his best friend and Rhett head off into the desert. He smiled as he leaned against a wall. "Come on, Rhett, if anyone can get that dragon back on track it is you! My words don't seem to work on him as of lately. Man, I have tried to crack that head open but that nut is one very hard nutshell to crack". The dragon then headed back to the main area of the village. Talking with the people about various things. One woman said she needed help fixing one the garden fences. They had a few gardens here so they didn't have to leave to get food too often. The plants were well cared for, shade was provided for them if the heat got too much. Zoir agreed to help the poor girl, the dragon had a reputation for being very helpful and well handsome among the ladies.

He was a dragon, but his human form seemed to drive some girls nuts for some reason. Zoir didn't really care, he wasn't interested in a relationship with a human. "Oh course, ma'am I will give you a hand! I like food, I like helping and you asked so very nicely. Just all I ask in return is a nice cooked meal later. That seems fair, right? Working really gets my stomach going!".

Gronk

"Have you thought about visiting him? The base can always give you a lift or well us. I am sure they wouldn't mind it, considering you helped them many times and well...sorta saved the world". Rubbing the back of his head he then turned around and walked normally." I could fly us over if you wanted me to? Would take some time tho, changing is an issue as you know". Shivering a bit at the thought of changing his form the dragon then tripped over something hard and very big. The dragon caught himself before he went face first into the sandy ground. Turning around, he looked down at the metal object."What the hell?" he then bent down to look at it better. The thing looked like it was the tip of something like the wing of a plane. Took him a moment before realizing what it was. The rest of the thing must be buried in the sand the tip was the only thing exposed.

"This is strange, what the hell is this doing here?" Gronk got a weird feeling in his gut. Something wasn't right, but he couldn't tell what it was exactly. Little did he realize just a few yards ahead was more chunks of metal. Getting up, he had a very serious look on his face. "I really hope this is a freak accident and not something else". Looking at the junk around it was hard to tell if the thing just ripped apart when it hit the ground or if it was shot down. He didn't remember hearing anything exploding last night. The main part of the plane was a mess. The fire had already seemed to have died out hours before the sun came up and it was clear the pilot had not ejected.
((Hope this is fine my head is dead cause of work. X_X ))

Tiamat

"Father has been alright, just the typical stuff like making me clean rooms, water mother's plants, tells me not to go in the basement floors then tells me to stay in my room when chores are done. Reminds me to not speak with new members or customers unless he allows it. Don't know why he thinks he needs to repeat it with me all the time. At least I am not dead to him anymore, right?". Sighing she looked up and could see the tower getting closer. They would be there soon, hopefully, father's mood was good. Maybe he would be busy all day like he has before. The dragon rarely leaves the building but it is a big place so it was common to not see someone for a while.

She then noticed someone waving ahead of them. The man seemed familiar a bit and so did the boy with him. Took her a moment to realize who they were." Atticus! Look who it is! Seems like today has already started to turn out better". Tiamat then waved her free hand toward the two and smiled. Then she let go of Atticus's hand and ran towards the red-eyed boy.

Arank

"I am fine Sawyer, thank you. Not sure why it does this, could it be some nerve issue? It feels like my arm is bleeding out, then a burning feeling starts. Don't speak of this near Lady Tiamat I do not want her to worry." Arank moved away from the human and spun around acting as if he was fine. It did make him dizzy though as he did it. So he then held his head stopping suddenly."Okay! Don't do that, now I am dizzy!". He then waved at the dragon and human also he smiled brightly. It was good to see Tiamat she looked well and pretty as usual. Weird, she had different colored hair than the last time he saw her. They often got along very well and have a good friendship. In the past, they were known to say words at the same time. Arank has even helped the dragon a few times, like saving her from being kidnapped and aiding her with understanding the crystals.

He then saw the girl actually running toward him."Tiamat!" he then laughed and ran toward her as well. It was not a good idea though he was forcing himself as he tried to hide his issue. The feeling would fade soon it has happened many times before. The two of them stop just a foot from each other. They then hugged each other tightly." I missed you! Your hugs are the best Tia they are warm like the sun or a bright flower. Caring and very gentle like a feather or cotton. Atticus is lucky he can get these hugs all the time".
Zoir

Watching his best friend and Rhett head off into the desert. He smiled as he leaned against a wall. "Come on, Rhett, if anyone can get that dragon back on track it is you! My words don't seem to work on him as of lately. Man, I have tried to crack that head open but that nut is one very hard nutshell to crack". The dragon then headed back to the main area of the village. Talking with the people about various things. One woman said she needed help fixing one the garden fences. They had a few gardens here so they didn't have to leave to get food too often. The plants were well cared for, shade was provided for them if the heat got too much. Zoir agreed to help the poor girl, the dragon had a reputation for being very helpful and well handsome among the ladies.

He was a dragon, but his human form seemed to drive some girls nuts for some reason. Zoir didn't really care, he wasn't interested in a relationship with a human. "Oh course, ma'am I will give you a hand! I like food, I like helping and you asked so very nicely. Just all I ask in return is a nice cooked meal later. That seems fair, right? Working really gets my stomach going!".

Gronk

"Have you thought about visiting him? The base can always give you a lift or well us. I am sure they wouldn't mind it, considering you helped them many times and well...sorta saved the world". Rubbing the back of his head he then turned around and walked normally." I could fly us over if you wanted me to? Would take some time tho, changing is an issue as you know". Shivering a bit at the thought of changing his form the dragon then tripped over something hard and very big. The dragon caught himself before he went face first into the sandy ground. Turning around, he looked down at the metal object."What the hell?" he then bent down to look at it better. The thing looked like it was the tip of something like the wing of a plane. Took him a moment before realizing what it was. The rest of the thing must be buried in the sand the tip was the only thing exposed.

"This is strange, what the hell is this doing here?" Gronk got a weird feeling in his gut. Something wasn't right, but he couldn't tell what it was exactly. Little did he realize just a few yards ahead was more chunks of metal. Getting up, he had a very serious look on his face. "I really hope this is a freak accident and not something else". Looking at the junk around it was hard to tell if the thing just ripped apart when it hit the ground or if it was shot down. He didn't remember hearing anything exploding last night. The main part of the plane was a mess. The fire had already seemed to have died out hours before the sun came up and it was clear the pilot had not ejected.
~If I do NOT respond in three minutes I am at work or away from the computer!~
@TylRegor
Avlyn

Next Stop- New York

She leaned against an old stone pillar that helped keep her three story home up. Looking across the distance of the morning sky, she stood up and moved to the center of the old creaky porch with the hanging sign that read, "Custom Doo-dads for your Daily Dragon Needs." Yeah, it said that there were dragons that came here, so? This shop was only visible to dragon thanks to a spell that a fellow traveler gave to her so that she could protect her shop. Usually any flying passerby could come in an look around this little shop of goods. This was her first time visiting New York and oh god, did it stink. Walking back inside with a the click of her heels, she ran up the stairs to get to her workshop. Her gradient dark red hair that faded into a shinning orange color flowed behind her from her Celtic ponytail as she climbed higher and higher.

She pushed to door open with a creak, as a wave of grease, steam and rust reached her nose. She leaned over her table that lurched with heavy items strewn over it, one would wonder why hasn't it broken. Moving notebooks filled to the brim and exploding with notes and sketches of weapons and items that have helped one out. As she got the map from under the ruckus of items, her reddened ears twitched as she could barely hear a high pitched alarm blaring from downstairs. An alarm. . . but for what. . .! Her eyes bulged with shock as she jumped on the hand rail that she made, by hand and slid down it.

Running to the home part of the building, she ran into the run down kitchen that was filled with smoke. Fanning out all the thick smog that filled her nostrils, she cursed as the toast with eggs were burnt beyond recognition. One would even wonder how she managed to stay alive considering she sleeping in a noisy workshop, eats with hands soiled in grease and mechanical oil and that she can't cook for her life. Throwing out the food, she sighed as she walked back up the stairs and slumped into her seat next to the table. Looking through the map, she found a somewhat secluded location that would be big enough to drop down her house and somewhere that wasn't too far off from a restaurant. Making her way to the porch, she rubbed her face with her greasy hands and cracked her stiff back. Looking down, she noticed no one looked up at her, not even any dragons. Oh right. Store isn't opened. No reason to see it if they can't go in. I'll make it visible after I get some sort of stress reliever. . . I haven't gotten a good custom made weapon in a looong time. Now a days, people only ask for trinkets or rings of the sorts. It's so boring.

As she set down the odd three story building made out of wood and stone, she let out a sigh of relief that nothing was damaged and that the heavy weight that was on her shoulders and finger tips lifted. No one stopped to look at the building that was just set. Walking up pass her hanging sign, the wind-chimes blew. One would think- in a world filled with concrete, this little store would be a drop of paint among-st a black and white world. Going inside to grab a long brown overcoat from the home part of the house, she debated whether or not she needed to hide her fiery red and orange hair.

Sighing as she put it all up in a quick and messy bun, she found a floppy worn brown hat as she walked down to the cash register and finally found about twenty american dollars, most of it was change. Making sure that the store sign read Closed in all blue paint since she didn't like how the signs were all in red, she put the cash in her breast pocket. Walking down the street with her long brown overcoat and her heels clicking behind her, she blended in with dreary part of this town. Her sharp blue or green eyes, no one could really tell. She offered to give anyone a free weapon, on the house if they could just tell her about her eye color.

Looking up at the sign of a restaurant, it seemed like a homey place. She let out a slight chuckle. Walking in, she noticed there were quite a bit of people in here. A mysterious and a young girl, a friendly boy, a young man and probably an other person that she can't seem to think of. Rubbing her head with greasy hands, even a human could smell that she worked with mechanics and her dirty hands could prove it. Taking off her jacket since it was only to blend in, she sat at the bar. She hoped it wasn't too early to have a drink. She was a strong person, mentally and physically considering she wasn't a light-weight and that she literally carries her house from place to place. In order to open up shop, she usually drinks something to soothe her nerves. Although there was still some scent of her burning her only meal for the day, she would always say she wasn't hungry. Looking around for the waiter, she waited as she pulled out a gold pocket watch, that was on the opposite side of her gun that was hanging on a very loose belt. Opening up the watch with her fingers, she played around with breaking it down and rebuilding it- her anxiety coping mechanism.
@TylRegor
Avlyn

Next Stop- New York

She leaned against an old stone pillar that helped keep her three story home up. Looking across the distance of the morning sky, she stood up and moved to the center of the old creaky porch with the hanging sign that read, "Custom Doo-dads for your Daily Dragon Needs." Yeah, it said that there were dragons that came here, so? This shop was only visible to dragon thanks to a spell that a fellow traveler gave to her so that she could protect her shop. Usually any flying passerby could come in an look around this little shop of goods. This was her first time visiting New York and oh god, did it stink. Walking back inside with a the click of her heels, she ran up the stairs to get to her workshop. Her gradient dark red hair that faded into a shinning orange color flowed behind her from her Celtic ponytail as she climbed higher and higher.

She pushed to door open with a creak, as a wave of grease, steam and rust reached her nose. She leaned over her table that lurched with heavy items strewn over it, one would wonder why hasn't it broken. Moving notebooks filled to the brim and exploding with notes and sketches of weapons and items that have helped one out. As she got the map from under the ruckus of items, her reddened ears twitched as she could barely hear a high pitched alarm blaring from downstairs. An alarm. . . but for what. . .! Her eyes bulged with shock as she jumped on the hand rail that she made, by hand and slid down it.

Running to the home part of the building, she ran into the run down kitchen that was filled with smoke. Fanning out all the thick smog that filled her nostrils, she cursed as the toast with eggs were burnt beyond recognition. One would even wonder how she managed to stay alive considering she sleeping in a noisy workshop, eats with hands soiled in grease and mechanical oil and that she can't cook for her life. Throwing out the food, she sighed as she walked back up the stairs and slumped into her seat next to the table. Looking through the map, she found a somewhat secluded location that would be big enough to drop down her house and somewhere that wasn't too far off from a restaurant. Making her way to the porch, she rubbed her face with her greasy hands and cracked her stiff back. Looking down, she noticed no one looked up at her, not even any dragons. Oh right. Store isn't opened. No reason to see it if they can't go in. I'll make it visible after I get some sort of stress reliever. . . I haven't gotten a good custom made weapon in a looong time. Now a days, people only ask for trinkets or rings of the sorts. It's so boring.

As she set down the odd three story building made out of wood and stone, she let out a sigh of relief that nothing was damaged and that the heavy weight that was on her shoulders and finger tips lifted. No one stopped to look at the building that was just set. Walking up pass her hanging sign, the wind-chimes blew. One would think- in a world filled with concrete, this little store would be a drop of paint among-st a black and white world. Going inside to grab a long brown overcoat from the home part of the house, she debated whether or not she needed to hide her fiery red and orange hair.

Sighing as she put it all up in a quick and messy bun, she found a floppy worn brown hat as she walked down to the cash register and finally found about twenty american dollars, most of it was change. Making sure that the store sign read Closed in all blue paint since she didn't like how the signs were all in red, she put the cash in her breast pocket. Walking down the street with her long brown overcoat and her heels clicking behind her, she blended in with dreary part of this town. Her sharp blue or green eyes, no one could really tell. She offered to give anyone a free weapon, on the house if they could just tell her about her eye color.

Looking up at the sign of a restaurant, it seemed like a homey place. She let out a slight chuckle. Walking in, she noticed there were quite a bit of people in here. A mysterious and a young girl, a friendly boy, a young man and probably an other person that she can't seem to think of. Rubbing her head with greasy hands, even a human could smell that she worked with mechanics and her dirty hands could prove it. Taking off her jacket since it was only to blend in, she sat at the bar. She hoped it wasn't too early to have a drink. She was a strong person, mentally and physically considering she wasn't a light-weight and that she literally carries her house from place to place. In order to open up shop, she usually drinks something to soothe her nerves. Although there was still some scent of her burning her only meal for the day, she would always say she wasn't hungry. Looking around for the waiter, she waited as she pulled out a gold pocket watch, that was on the opposite side of her gun that was hanging on a very loose belt. Opening up the watch with her fingers, she played around with breaking it down and rebuilding it- her anxiety coping mechanism.
Atticus/Sawyer

As the two dragons ran up to each other in an eager embrace, Atticus merely gave a subtle wave to Sawyer, who returned a nod of acknowledgement as they both approached the two, a much calmer reunion by all accounts from the human side of things. Still, there was no noticeable bitterness, no resentment, no anger. Despite what their respective feelings on the past were like, it no longer seemed to have a hold over their interactions. They seemed to simply look upon each other now as survivors of a great catastrophe would, both understanding just how much hardship the other likely went through, well aware that they were very fortunate to both be alive at that very moment, when so many others weren't so lucky.

"Good to see you two are still apparently doin' well together," Sawyer quipped. "But ah... what, you get a dye job or somethin' Tiamat? I don't recall you bein' a brunette, 'less my memory's just gettin' hazy."

"She didn't like the unwanted attention. Y'know, natural green hair can turn a few heads, so she got... an acquaintance of ours to change it," Atticus explained. He left Kara's name out of the conversation, figuring Sawyer had no idea who she'd be, and he'd rather not go into the full explanation since... Well, describing someone like Kara Nightshadow was rather difficult to do accurately. "So, Sawyer, ol' buddy, I see you're taking to city life okay? What the hell are you still doing with that ratty old coat though?"

"What? I like the coat, it grew on me, didn't wanna part with it!" Sawyer said in such a defensive matter that one would've thought Atticus was talking about his non-existent son instead of some weathered garment.

"Yeah, it grew on you... and it looks almost like it's got stuff growing on it too," Atticus retorted with a chuckle. Despite the earlier reaction, Sawyer seemed to take the ribbing in stride.

"Yeah well, still better than that crappy jumpsuit I was wearing before," Sawyer said, though he seemed to leave it at that. No need to elaborate and open up that old wound, and Atticus seemed more than inclined to agree.

"So you and Arank getting along alright then? What are you a taxi driver now?" Atticus asked as he observed the vehicle curiously.

"Eh... not officially, but these days no one seems to notice, or care I guess. Good way to get some extra change, though now that I just admitted to all that you're probably gonna wanna arrest me for it huh?"

"Hah... It's your lucky day, Sawyer, I'm not in that line of work anymore. Anyway, I doubt the cops even care about some illegitimate taxi service these days if that's really the only questionable stuff you're doing," Atticus remarked as he looked over to Arank. "I've gotta agree with you there, Tiamat's hugs are definitely without equal. I consider myself pretty damn lucky indeed... though much as we'd both like to chat, we actually really need to get to the tower. Tiamat's seeing family and... well, speaking of what I do nowadays, I'm actually a security guard, I'm supposed to keep uninvited people away, the Dokusei are... very exclusive, if you didn't already know that, and it's just as obvious they're not big fans of most humans."

"Huh... y'know, actually that kinda ties into what we were hopin' to ask you two about, not that we mean to keep you too long or nothin', but the thing is, you've probably heard our 'beloved president' give his speech about that big nationwide event thing, right? See, we suspect there's somethin' sinister goin' on behind all that, but we needed to get more info, and... well, some folks say the Dokusei got a pretty close connection to Zermack, so... well... you see where we're goin' with this, don't you?" Sawyer wasn't sure how the two would react to all that, but he was hoping they'd at least agree that the whole party thing seemed suspicious.

---

Rhett

"Guess it would be nice to see him again, see how things are going. Sometimes I forget how long it's been myself, living out here, in near-isolation and all that... and I'll admit, I would prefer it if you flew me there yourself. You tend to be a more reliable and... speedier form of travel, but I'd hate to have you doing anything you weren't ready to do just y-... Good lord, what happened here?" Once Gronk pointed out the wreckage, Rhett was quick to observe it himself, rather horrified by the notion that they may have been the first people to stumble upon this recent crash site.

"Freak accident or not, from how close we ought'a be to the military base, we sure as hell shouldn't have been the first people to come across this... Is no one investigating the cause of this crash whatsoever? How did we not hear it last night? None of this makes any sense... Christ... is the pilot still in there?" Rhett wasn't looking forward to seeing whatever remains of the pilot were left, but without any sign of an ejection, he couldn't just gloss it over. Making his way over to where he assumed the cockpit had ended up, he tried to see if he could spot any sign of a body within.
Atticus/Sawyer

As the two dragons ran up to each other in an eager embrace, Atticus merely gave a subtle wave to Sawyer, who returned a nod of acknowledgement as they both approached the two, a much calmer reunion by all accounts from the human side of things. Still, there was no noticeable bitterness, no resentment, no anger. Despite what their respective feelings on the past were like, it no longer seemed to have a hold over their interactions. They seemed to simply look upon each other now as survivors of a great catastrophe would, both understanding just how much hardship the other likely went through, well aware that they were very fortunate to both be alive at that very moment, when so many others weren't so lucky.

"Good to see you two are still apparently doin' well together," Sawyer quipped. "But ah... what, you get a dye job or somethin' Tiamat? I don't recall you bein' a brunette, 'less my memory's just gettin' hazy."

"She didn't like the unwanted attention. Y'know, natural green hair can turn a few heads, so she got... an acquaintance of ours to change it," Atticus explained. He left Kara's name out of the conversation, figuring Sawyer had no idea who she'd be, and he'd rather not go into the full explanation since... Well, describing someone like Kara Nightshadow was rather difficult to do accurately. "So, Sawyer, ol' buddy, I see you're taking to city life okay? What the hell are you still doing with that ratty old coat though?"

"What? I like the coat, it grew on me, didn't wanna part with it!" Sawyer said in such a defensive matter that one would've thought Atticus was talking about his non-existent son instead of some weathered garment.

"Yeah, it grew on you... and it looks almost like it's got stuff growing on it too," Atticus retorted with a chuckle. Despite the earlier reaction, Sawyer seemed to take the ribbing in stride.

"Yeah well, still better than that crappy jumpsuit I was wearing before," Sawyer said, though he seemed to leave it at that. No need to elaborate and open up that old wound, and Atticus seemed more than inclined to agree.

"So you and Arank getting along alright then? What are you a taxi driver now?" Atticus asked as he observed the vehicle curiously.

"Eh... not officially, but these days no one seems to notice, or care I guess. Good way to get some extra change, though now that I just admitted to all that you're probably gonna wanna arrest me for it huh?"

"Hah... It's your lucky day, Sawyer, I'm not in that line of work anymore. Anyway, I doubt the cops even care about some illegitimate taxi service these days if that's really the only questionable stuff you're doing," Atticus remarked as he looked over to Arank. "I've gotta agree with you there, Tiamat's hugs are definitely without equal. I consider myself pretty damn lucky indeed... though much as we'd both like to chat, we actually really need to get to the tower. Tiamat's seeing family and... well, speaking of what I do nowadays, I'm actually a security guard, I'm supposed to keep uninvited people away, the Dokusei are... very exclusive, if you didn't already know that, and it's just as obvious they're not big fans of most humans."

"Huh... y'know, actually that kinda ties into what we were hopin' to ask you two about, not that we mean to keep you too long or nothin', but the thing is, you've probably heard our 'beloved president' give his speech about that big nationwide event thing, right? See, we suspect there's somethin' sinister goin' on behind all that, but we needed to get more info, and... well, some folks say the Dokusei got a pretty close connection to Zermack, so... well... you see where we're goin' with this, don't you?" Sawyer wasn't sure how the two would react to all that, but he was hoping they'd at least agree that the whole party thing seemed suspicious.

---

Rhett

"Guess it would be nice to see him again, see how things are going. Sometimes I forget how long it's been myself, living out here, in near-isolation and all that... and I'll admit, I would prefer it if you flew me there yourself. You tend to be a more reliable and... speedier form of travel, but I'd hate to have you doing anything you weren't ready to do just y-... Good lord, what happened here?" Once Gronk pointed out the wreckage, Rhett was quick to observe it himself, rather horrified by the notion that they may have been the first people to stumble upon this recent crash site.

"Freak accident or not, from how close we ought'a be to the military base, we sure as hell shouldn't have been the first people to come across this... Is no one investigating the cause of this crash whatsoever? How did we not hear it last night? None of this makes any sense... Christ... is the pilot still in there?" Rhett wasn't looking forward to seeing whatever remains of the pilot were left, but without any sign of an ejection, he couldn't just gloss it over. Making his way over to where he assumed the cockpit had ended up, he tried to see if he could spot any sign of a body within.
Sorry for the wait guys! There is a lot of people and a lot of stuff going on WAY far away from everyone else so I'm not Totally sure what I am suppose to be doing.

Interacting with: @Foxbrush (Because I think you are the only one that hasn't moved on that poked me for interaction.)
Noticeable by: Anyone else at the Dockspree

(New York, Dockspree 10:18-10:30am : 3)

Another woman, evidently one that works with cars or some sort of mechanics walks in. She smells like oil and looked fit, a rather attractive sort of person. The sound of the little bell on the door accompanies that of what Sounded like someone nearly braking down into laughter. Busy, this morning.

He opens his mouth to further chat with his new little girl friend. Engel He would remember that, he has a Rather Good memory. "So you wanna be a dra-"
Her companion SHUTS that down. Adair doesn't Quite flinch but MAN that dragon was LOUD. Maybe he wasn't a dragon....but he Ate like one.
Adair gives him teasing wink and a finger wiggle in greeting, because the man seemed to dislike him so. Because that's what you do right? You Antagonize the Large Protective dragon types.
Sorry for the wait guys! There is a lot of people and a lot of stuff going on WAY far away from everyone else so I'm not Totally sure what I am suppose to be doing.

Interacting with: @Foxbrush (Because I think you are the only one that hasn't moved on that poked me for interaction.)
Noticeable by: Anyone else at the Dockspree

(New York, Dockspree 10:18-10:30am : 3)

Another woman, evidently one that works with cars or some sort of mechanics walks in. She smells like oil and looked fit, a rather attractive sort of person. The sound of the little bell on the door accompanies that of what Sounded like someone nearly braking down into laughter. Busy, this morning.

He opens his mouth to further chat with his new little girl friend. Engel He would remember that, he has a Rather Good memory. "So you wanna be a dra-"
Her companion SHUTS that down. Adair doesn't Quite flinch but MAN that dragon was LOUD. Maybe he wasn't a dragon....but he Ate like one.
Adair gives him teasing wink and a finger wiggle in greeting, because the man seemed to dislike him so. Because that's what you do right? You Antagonize the Large Protective dragon types.
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
Kris watched as the two men looked like they were about to duke it out. She couldn't decide to make them leave or not, or to use her magic to make them disappear, not literally of course.
Another customer walked in, a mechanic it appeared to be. She noted the gun holstered on their hip warily. Receipts were important, yes, but safety was even moreso.
"Ma'am. I'm going to have to ask you to set your weapon outside or leave. I don't allow weapons here, this is a restaurant." Kris asked, gesturing to the door peacefully, smiling gently.
Kris watched as the two men looked like they were about to duke it out. She couldn't decide to make them leave or not, or to use her magic to make them disappear, not literally of course.
Another customer walked in, a mechanic it appeared to be. She noted the gun holstered on their hip warily. Receipts were important, yes, but safety was even moreso.
"Ma'am. I'm going to have to ask you to set your weapon outside or leave. I don't allow weapons here, this is a restaurant." Kris asked, gesturing to the door peacefully, smiling gently.
tumblr_p7kcvo0jw61qatlkdo1_500.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
(going to work, sorry about any mistakes I missed)
Tiamat & Arank

Tiamat thought for a moment and looked at Sawyer." I could tell you a few things. It is isn't much tho, but maybe something could help. Father doesn't really tell me much about his meetings with John. Sometimes I just see and hear some odd things. I also know someone inside the tower who might know more about what you are seeking. If you are on to something I would rather help and not allow anything bad to happen..again. We should talk in a more private place, people may hear things". She then moved her arms in front folding them like she was hugging herself.

She was a bit uneasy now at the moment. Sawyer asking for information wasn't an issue. She looked at Atticus for a moment then at the ground. In fact, she kept thinking of Garvus. Thinking about how maybe she could have stopped that dragon before things went the way they did. She now worries that if she doesn't say something now, bad things could happen."Father should be in meetings today, you could be in and out without an issue. If he does find out guests were allowed in I will take the blame. Normally he is told ahead of time someone might visit but you are friends so I see no harm".

Arank took a deep breath, trying to seem fine, something was getting in his head. A very strong feeling of pain and sorrow was rushing through his body. It felt like his head was going to split, but he tried to hide it. " I agree with you Lady Tiamat, but are you sure? I don't want Sawyer and me to be a reason you get in trouble! We could find another place really! ". He then rubbed the side of his head with his right hand without realizing it. Someone was hurting around here! It kinda felt like it was coming from down below the earth. Which is weird why would that be happening? So he was trying to ignore it for now.

Tiemeth & Havok

"Lord Tiemeth, I was wondering if I could take your daughter out for dinner tonight? It has been some time since I have seen her. Plus, John wants me to be more social these days, silly huh?". Havok sat comfortably in the black leather chair. His legs crossed, he is hoping that Tiemeth would allow him to take Tiamat on a date. This dragon was really good at fooling others and playing his own cards well. Often saying nice things just to get them under his thumb. Tiemeth leaned forward without saying a word he was clearly falling for Havok's act. Then he looked to the side and closed his eyes.

"Hmm... dinner? I don't see an issue with that! I would rather she spend more time with dragons anyway. That human, Atticus has tainted her mind and heart so very badly. Filling her head with lies of love and protection. He does good work though I will say that, he keeps pests away. Ever since he has stood by the door curious cats have stayed away. Be back before ten and if everything goes well, maybe we can plan more dates? A dragon like you would be so much better for my daughter. You are strong and would fit well within the Dokusei family...unlike that human". Tiemeth would have to have a chat with the human later. Telling the human that Tiamat may not be going home with him tonight could be interesting.

Havok smiled at the dragon lord." Wonderful sir! I will come get her at seven. Maybe I can talk some sense into her head. Who knows, maybe someday she will come running into my claws. I am flattered that you already think of me in such a way. I don't know what to say". Tiemeth stared at the red-eyed dragon then smiled. The idea of his daughter being away from that human for a few hours made him happy. He hated how she was involved with him. The guy seemed loyal to her and honest. But at the end of the day, Atticus was just that...a human. Tiemeth was beginning to really want to separate the two. He has thought of it in the past but it would have been too much of a hassle then. Havok was starting to make him think of ways to do such a thing once again.

Gronk

"When I said something different might happen today. This is not what I had in mind! Damn it! I really don't like how close this thing is to the others". He growled and yelled at the air, then to Rhett. Looking at the parts around the area he then sniffed the air. For a moment he felt like he was being watched. It was probably just his nerves fooling him. "Hard to tell if this is one of ours or not! Don't these things usually have some kind of identification, Rhett?". He then followed the human and stared at the cockpit. Looking away for a moment he scanned the area. All he could see as just sand, rocks, bushes and rocky mountains. "****, Guess we should just head to the base. I really hope they know something! Poor guy, I am sure he didn't feel a thing..really sucks!".

Stepping away a bit he then changed to his true form. It made him nervous though, hopefully, he wasn't a monster. He kept growling for a bit, then settled down. Shaking almost like a dog getting out of a tub of water, dirt and dust flew off him." Alright, looks like I am not a mindless freak! Great! Come on, let us go get some answers! Before I lose control of myself or something!". Lightly laughing but at himself, he then lowered his right front leg a bit for the human.
(going to work, sorry about any mistakes I missed)
Tiamat & Arank

Tiamat thought for a moment and looked at Sawyer." I could tell you a few things. It is isn't much tho, but maybe something could help. Father doesn't really tell me much about his meetings with John. Sometimes I just see and hear some odd things. I also know someone inside the tower who might know more about what you are seeking. If you are on to something I would rather help and not allow anything bad to happen..again. We should talk in a more private place, people may hear things". She then moved her arms in front folding them like she was hugging herself.

She was a bit uneasy now at the moment. Sawyer asking for information wasn't an issue. She looked at Atticus for a moment then at the ground. In fact, she kept thinking of Garvus. Thinking about how maybe she could have stopped that dragon before things went the way they did. She now worries that if she doesn't say something now, bad things could happen."Father should be in meetings today, you could be in and out without an issue. If he does find out guests were allowed in I will take the blame. Normally he is told ahead of time someone might visit but you are friends so I see no harm".

Arank took a deep breath, trying to seem fine, something was getting in his head. A very strong feeling of pain and sorrow was rushing through his body. It felt like his head was going to split, but he tried to hide it. " I agree with you Lady Tiamat, but are you sure? I don't want Sawyer and me to be a reason you get in trouble! We could find another place really! ". He then rubbed the side of his head with his right hand without realizing it. Someone was hurting around here! It kinda felt like it was coming from down below the earth. Which is weird why would that be happening? So he was trying to ignore it for now.

Tiemeth & Havok

"Lord Tiemeth, I was wondering if I could take your daughter out for dinner tonight? It has been some time since I have seen her. Plus, John wants me to be more social these days, silly huh?". Havok sat comfortably in the black leather chair. His legs crossed, he is hoping that Tiemeth would allow him to take Tiamat on a date. This dragon was really good at fooling others and playing his own cards well. Often saying nice things just to get them under his thumb. Tiemeth leaned forward without saying a word he was clearly falling for Havok's act. Then he looked to the side and closed his eyes.

"Hmm... dinner? I don't see an issue with that! I would rather she spend more time with dragons anyway. That human, Atticus has tainted her mind and heart so very badly. Filling her head with lies of love and protection. He does good work though I will say that, he keeps pests away. Ever since he has stood by the door curious cats have stayed away. Be back before ten and if everything goes well, maybe we can plan more dates? A dragon like you would be so much better for my daughter. You are strong and would fit well within the Dokusei family...unlike that human". Tiemeth would have to have a chat with the human later. Telling the human that Tiamat may not be going home with him tonight could be interesting.

Havok smiled at the dragon lord." Wonderful sir! I will come get her at seven. Maybe I can talk some sense into her head. Who knows, maybe someday she will come running into my claws. I am flattered that you already think of me in such a way. I don't know what to say". Tiemeth stared at the red-eyed dragon then smiled. The idea of his daughter being away from that human for a few hours made him happy. He hated how she was involved with him. The guy seemed loyal to her and honest. But at the end of the day, Atticus was just that...a human. Tiemeth was beginning to really want to separate the two. He has thought of it in the past but it would have been too much of a hassle then. Havok was starting to make him think of ways to do such a thing once again.

Gronk

"When I said something different might happen today. This is not what I had in mind! Damn it! I really don't like how close this thing is to the others". He growled and yelled at the air, then to Rhett. Looking at the parts around the area he then sniffed the air. For a moment he felt like he was being watched. It was probably just his nerves fooling him. "Hard to tell if this is one of ours or not! Don't these things usually have some kind of identification, Rhett?". He then followed the human and stared at the cockpit. Looking away for a moment he scanned the area. All he could see as just sand, rocks, bushes and rocky mountains. "****, Guess we should just head to the base. I really hope they know something! Poor guy, I am sure he didn't feel a thing..really sucks!".

Stepping away a bit he then changed to his true form. It made him nervous though, hopefully, he wasn't a monster. He kept growling for a bit, then settled down. Shaking almost like a dog getting out of a tub of water, dirt and dust flew off him." Alright, looks like I am not a mindless freak! Great! Come on, let us go get some answers! Before I lose control of myself or something!". Lightly laughing but at himself, he then lowered his right front leg a bit for the human.
~If I do NOT respond in three minutes I am at work or away from the computer!~
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25