Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Behind The Clouds (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[Three dragons walk into a resturant...]
"Alrighty then" Kris said, writing down their order in her native writing, which looked like a bunch of runes.
"Oh.. well, I don't really mess with them, being human and all. I could give you directions to the tower though!" She said, [y'know, like a liar] making a mental note that one or both of them are dragons. Hopefully, they were the kind that wouldn't wreck her shop.

She kept her order slip out, heading over to Adair, a regular she came to know their name.
"Welcome back! I'd assume you'd want the regular drink, and possibly the special?" Kris asked, just writing down 'Adair reg. coffee' in the same language.
"It's a new recipe I've been trying, so if you just want a breakfast burriti, that's fine."
[Three dragons walk into a resturant...]
"Alrighty then" Kris said, writing down their order in her native writing, which looked like a bunch of runes.
"Oh.. well, I don't really mess with them, being human and all. I could give you directions to the tower though!" She said, [y'know, like a liar] making a mental note that one or both of them are dragons. Hopefully, they were the kind that wouldn't wreck her shop.

She kept her order slip out, heading over to Adair, a regular she came to know their name.
"Welcome back! I'd assume you'd want the regular drink, and possibly the special?" Kris asked, just writing down 'Adair reg. coffee' in the same language.
"It's a new recipe I've been trying, so if you just want a breakfast burriti, that's fine."
tumblr_p7kcvo0jw61qatlkdo1_500.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
Noticing movement from the corner of her eye, Engel looked over to spot a teenager right across from them. His funny shaped hair had her smiling, and his clothing reminded her of Zarak so it only made all the more appealing to her. Of course she wouldn't tell Zarak that they looked similar. She did that once and his ears turned red while he grumbled for hours on how he was no were close to teens in punk gear. She found it all rather hilarious, but a tiny bit bad for unexpectedly teasing Zar-zar.

Biting her bottom lip to keep from giggling at the memory, she peeked at Zarak real quick. Satisfied that his attention was mostly on the nice lady, Engel looked back at the boy and waved to him with a smile. She had to be careful about making friends with Zarak around. The old goat didn't like when she talked to strangers, and usually tried to scare them off. 95% of the time he exceeded at it to.

Zarak might have noticed Engel's little mischief, if not for how the women worded her sentence. His eyes narrowed when she oddly stated she was a human. Who does that? It's like a dolphins saying, "Hey! I'm a dolphin!"

Then another worrisome thought entered his mind, what's wrong with being human? Humans can join clans too, no? Ugh, maybe some of those rumors of the clan being a bit anti-human was true then. A protective growl almost crawled out of his throat when he thought of anyone being cruel to his Engel.
Noticing movement from the corner of her eye, Engel looked over to spot a teenager right across from them. His funny shaped hair had her smiling, and his clothing reminded her of Zarak so it only made all the more appealing to her. Of course she wouldn't tell Zarak that they looked similar. She did that once and his ears turned red while he grumbled for hours on how he was no were close to teens in punk gear. She found it all rather hilarious, but a tiny bit bad for unexpectedly teasing Zar-zar.

Biting her bottom lip to keep from giggling at the memory, she peeked at Zarak real quick. Satisfied that his attention was mostly on the nice lady, Engel looked back at the boy and waved to him with a smile. She had to be careful about making friends with Zarak around. The old goat didn't like when she talked to strangers, and usually tried to scare them off. 95% of the time he exceeded at it to.

Zarak might have noticed Engel's little mischief, if not for how the women worded her sentence. His eyes narrowed when she oddly stated she was a human. Who does that? It's like a dolphins saying, "Hey! I'm a dolphin!"

Then another worrisome thought entered his mind, what's wrong with being human? Humans can join clans too, no? Ugh, maybe some of those rumors of the clan being a bit anti-human was true then. A protective growl almost crawled out of his throat when he thought of anyone being cruel to his Engel.
Percy's POV - Still
((I can finally make it to the restaurant-))

Percy checked his phone in a loose grip to see the trolley's time marks, a small ounce of joy coming from him once he saw that he wouldn't have wait long. After all, the trolley would be coming relatively soon to one of the stops closest to his, well, his clan's, apartment. They had a pretty nice location for a apartment too. While it was crowded, it was located near plenty of transportations, from the high-end trains speeding by above, the subways below, and even the ancient trolleys, which led to some of the less... confident, districts to say the least. He hadn't been on it too much, but he knew that it would probably lead him to a part of the city which he had never been before. And for the most part, that's kind of what he was hoping for. Even though he was a little preoccupied with his thoughts, it didn't take him too long for him to reach the stop. While there was a bench, he didn't have any time to take a seat before he heard the trolley come forth. It took a few moments for it to arrive and reach a stop as he went up the steps and onto the slightly crowded car. Surely, finding a restaurant would be easy if he stayed on it, no?

It had been half an hour since he got on the trolley. He had spent half an hour on the crowded train, forced to stand and hold onto a rail, for all the seats were taken. Every time people left, someone always managed to grab a seat before him. And thus, he suffered. The past rough half hour had been a long one. By then, he had gone long into the city, and farther away from his apartment than he knew properly. He assumed that he could probably just take the trolley back, if worst comes to worst. However, the unbearable heat and uncomfortableness of the car made time move slower than it should have. He didn't quite believe in a higher power, but if there was one, it would help him get off of this accursed trolley of discomfort before he melted into a puddle of fur. Not that he had any in this form, but the body heat reminded him of his first time having his winter coat as winter had passed.

As if a response to his half-hearted prayer, as the trolley went farther, a stark contrast of bright blue paint and flowers went against the greyscale buildings around it. Percy looked at it for a few moments in relief before forwards to go tell the person commanding the vehicle to stop. Thankfully, he was relatively near them, and only had to take a few steps and polite 'excuse me's to pass through and ask. Despite being on this planet for almost five years, he still found their vehicles fascinating. How did these humans command these metal structures to move without magic? The answer escaped him, as did a sigh of relief as he himself escaped from the cramped trolley and stumbled rather unceremoniously onto the grounds in front of the restaurant. Taking a small moment to right himself and check to see that he still had everything(like his money, which he still had enough to pay for) before finally opening the door and looking inside. It was extremely cozy-looking to him, as the pleasant blue shades of color, the bottles, and the shells brought back good memories from his time before both of the wars. He probably could've done without the shark jaw though.

Taking another quick look around at the wondrous restaurant that had managed to escape him all this time, he realized that he should probably take a seat, as breakfast was what he was here for. Or maybe it was lunch. It was a bit hard to tell at this point in time. Either way, he went over to take a seat near a window or so, maybe underneath or near an air condition, to cool down from the hot trolley. He picked up a menu on the way, and began looking over it, trying to find the cheapest breakfast meal that he could find on there. He could and would eat anything. It was one of the main defining features of his specific species after all.
Percy's POV - Still
((I can finally make it to the restaurant-))

Percy checked his phone in a loose grip to see the trolley's time marks, a small ounce of joy coming from him once he saw that he wouldn't have wait long. After all, the trolley would be coming relatively soon to one of the stops closest to his, well, his clan's, apartment. They had a pretty nice location for a apartment too. While it was crowded, it was located near plenty of transportations, from the high-end trains speeding by above, the subways below, and even the ancient trolleys, which led to some of the less... confident, districts to say the least. He hadn't been on it too much, but he knew that it would probably lead him to a part of the city which he had never been before. And for the most part, that's kind of what he was hoping for. Even though he was a little preoccupied with his thoughts, it didn't take him too long for him to reach the stop. While there was a bench, he didn't have any time to take a seat before he heard the trolley come forth. It took a few moments for it to arrive and reach a stop as he went up the steps and onto the slightly crowded car. Surely, finding a restaurant would be easy if he stayed on it, no?

It had been half an hour since he got on the trolley. He had spent half an hour on the crowded train, forced to stand and hold onto a rail, for all the seats were taken. Every time people left, someone always managed to grab a seat before him. And thus, he suffered. The past rough half hour had been a long one. By then, he had gone long into the city, and farther away from his apartment than he knew properly. He assumed that he could probably just take the trolley back, if worst comes to worst. However, the unbearable heat and uncomfortableness of the car made time move slower than it should have. He didn't quite believe in a higher power, but if there was one, it would help him get off of this accursed trolley of discomfort before he melted into a puddle of fur. Not that he had any in this form, but the body heat reminded him of his first time having his winter coat as winter had passed.

As if a response to his half-hearted prayer, as the trolley went farther, a stark contrast of bright blue paint and flowers went against the greyscale buildings around it. Percy looked at it for a few moments in relief before forwards to go tell the person commanding the vehicle to stop. Thankfully, he was relatively near them, and only had to take a few steps and polite 'excuse me's to pass through and ask. Despite being on this planet for almost five years, he still found their vehicles fascinating. How did these humans command these metal structures to move without magic? The answer escaped him, as did a sigh of relief as he himself escaped from the cramped trolley and stumbled rather unceremoniously onto the grounds in front of the restaurant. Taking a small moment to right himself and check to see that he still had everything(like his money, which he still had enough to pay for) before finally opening the door and looking inside. It was extremely cozy-looking to him, as the pleasant blue shades of color, the bottles, and the shells brought back good memories from his time before both of the wars. He probably could've done without the shark jaw though.

Taking another quick look around at the wondrous restaurant that had managed to escape him all this time, he realized that he should probably take a seat, as breakfast was what he was here for. Or maybe it was lunch. It was a bit hard to tell at this point in time. Either way, he went over to take a seat near a window or so, maybe underneath or near an air condition, to cool down from the hot trolley. He picked up a menu on the way, and began looking over it, trying to find the cheapest breakfast meal that he could find on there. He could and would eat anything. It was one of the main defining features of his specific species after all.
I know that I should put something here...
( I am really enjoying this so far, thank you for joining everyone. Really interesting characters to read about and learn. :D )

Caribbean Sea

Jax

Jax sat in the captain's quarters looking that the pictures he took. Good thing that Russian boy was on board to got him that cheap old camera. Looking at the small square images he tried to figure out what these giant cages were all about. Why were they so far out here near Costa Rica? Why was the place guarded like some kind of giant secret? Jax couldn't tell who they belonged to no flags or symbols were seen. Cages where often made to keep things inside them like birds. No bird was the size of a small house. Staring at the images he then looked at the wall. "Oh no! What if these things are not for some bird research? Dragons...they fly!, Oh I sure hope they are not some dragon jail! or something!". Jax didn't want to act with just a thought or a guess. He was smart and often acted with as much knowledge as he could these days. He learned well from the past mistakes so he tries to not be so reckless.

It could be time to seek out old friends like Rhett. The man was once in the military, maybe he has seen this stuff before? Maybe he could even know some people that could help? Jax was still new to the Earth and often got confused easily by things. He then put his feet on his desk and grabbed his microphone. " Prepare the ship for flight boys! It is time to visit some good friends of mine. Also, the flight could be about eight or seven hours, so get the popcorn, rum and a few good old movies going!"

New York, Dokusei Tower

Tiemeth & Havok

Hazy green eyes looked out a black tinted window at the very top of the Dokusei Tower. Tiemeth looked down at the city with an almost emotionless look on his face. The room he was in could be considered his office. The tower was like a giant cemetery for dragons and humans. The dragon takes great care of the dead and has for most of his life. At times he seems to respect the dead more than his own family. Pure Dokusei often takes great pride in bringing peace to the dying and dead. At the moment two hundred dead bodies can be found in the lower parts of the tower. Most are victims of Garvus's rampage and those who died in the past two years. The hundreds of rooms are like giant black cubes down below with slots in them. Often the small spaces are for coffins and ashes sit in jars upon small black marble tables. Tiemeth has become very popular, those who do seek him for his services often are very happy in the end. Not one of the families of the dead has complained to him yet. He can be actually very nice to his customers and tries to keep prices low for them. If only he was the same way with his clan and family.

He then turned his head when the door handle started to move. Tiemeth smiled at the dragon before him."Thank you for arriving it is such a shame John could not be here himself. I was worried he had forgotten our meeting. He is a very busy man so I understand, would you like something to drink? Havok?" The old dragon then took a seat at his black marble desk. It had a very gothic look to it.

Havok was sent to see Tiemeth as a fill-in for John. Considering the dragon had a pact with the man it was a good idea. Shaking his head no the dragon took a seat across from the Dokusei. Placing his katana on the ground he let it lean against the side of the desk. The two then began to chat about things going in the city and of the tower. This meeting was going to take an hour or two, but it was fine.

Dokusei Tower

Kara

Kara wandered the halls of the mighty black tower. Checking each room to making sure everything was normal. Malinda was gone for the time being visiting another clan. The queen of the Dokusei would be back in a few days. It was better that she went and not Tiemeth, she was a bit more reasonable and approachable. The golden-eyed woman walked around in a very fancy red ballgown, her head was high and she walked with much pride. Tiamat would be here today so making sure no unwanted guest somehow got it in was on her list. Being a caretaker of the young dragon she was very protective, she would rarely leave her side when the young dragon was here.

Looking at the clock she then sighed. Kara then headed for the stairs and began to make her way down to the entrance. The doors were often locked, only opened by those in charge. Tiemeth would unlock it to welcome customers and let the dragons seeking to join in. Kara only did to let Tiamat or her trusted friends. The few times she would allow the customer or new dragons in only is Tiemeth told her to. The place was very secure with cameras in every hallway and keypads on a few elevator doors.
Wherever Sawyer is at...he is there.

Arank

Arank sat on the trunk of the car. Looking at the people walking by the vehicle. They didn't seem to notice him all. His legs dangled not even close to touching the ground. Kicking them a bit he started to do the random thing he does. In a very calm and soft voice, he spoke aloud."He calls me a kid....that man in red calls another...kid...that is a human...I am...not...same?...different? Yes, it is, that kid is an offspring...I am...kid...but it another version of the word. It can be used in a playful way or in a teasing one...deceive or even to fool...it also has something to do with goats". The young dragon then stopped for a moment. Still looking at the humans trying to read them. In the past, he was told it was rude to peek inside minds without asking. It was hard not to when he felt something strong. It was just something he did with little or no control.

Tiamat
She then spoke in a somewhat sad voice with a small frown on her face. Looking somewhat to the side of Atticus and then up at his face. " You would think I'd know better by now. After all, we have a pact and have known each other for a very long time. John is an issue, but he is not the problem this time. Oh, I still cannot shake Militis from my mind. Years have gone by, yet I still blame myself. If he was around, maybe things would be different. He was not as bad as many thought, it was a shield act to protect himself and I. Bet even my father would listen to him better than he does anyone else. Others have accepted that he is dead, but I still dwell hoping he will come back acting as if he fooled us all".

Tiamat then looked at the clock and sighed. Yep, she was going to be late but it was alright. Kara would most likely be annoyed but not totally upset with her. As long as she showed up at this point.
Gronk

"Kinda want to go check a few things out. Hey, uh, would you mind doing the head counts for me? " Gronk asked as he stood up, looking at his friend. Zoir also stood up and nodded his head in agreement. The one eyed-dragon smiled then ran off to find Rhett. Maybe they could get out of this place before more woke up. Heading for where he could sense the human. Soon he found the man, smiling at the guy he then folded his arms.

"heya, Rhett! Wanna take a moment and get the heck outta this place? Wanted to go check a few areas before more wake up. Zoir will watch the place for a while, you don't have to come, but it could be like old times! Who knows, maybe something interesting will happen this time?" Gronk spoke as if he was really happy but it was just a show. So others around wouldn't think he was weak or get curious about his business.
( I am really enjoying this so far, thank you for joining everyone. Really interesting characters to read about and learn. :D )

Caribbean Sea

Jax

Jax sat in the captain's quarters looking that the pictures he took. Good thing that Russian boy was on board to got him that cheap old camera. Looking at the small square images he tried to figure out what these giant cages were all about. Why were they so far out here near Costa Rica? Why was the place guarded like some kind of giant secret? Jax couldn't tell who they belonged to no flags or symbols were seen. Cages where often made to keep things inside them like birds. No bird was the size of a small house. Staring at the images he then looked at the wall. "Oh no! What if these things are not for some bird research? Dragons...they fly!, Oh I sure hope they are not some dragon jail! or something!". Jax didn't want to act with just a thought or a guess. He was smart and often acted with as much knowledge as he could these days. He learned well from the past mistakes so he tries to not be so reckless.

It could be time to seek out old friends like Rhett. The man was once in the military, maybe he has seen this stuff before? Maybe he could even know some people that could help? Jax was still new to the Earth and often got confused easily by things. He then put his feet on his desk and grabbed his microphone. " Prepare the ship for flight boys! It is time to visit some good friends of mine. Also, the flight could be about eight or seven hours, so get the popcorn, rum and a few good old movies going!"

New York, Dokusei Tower

Tiemeth & Havok

Hazy green eyes looked out a black tinted window at the very top of the Dokusei Tower. Tiemeth looked down at the city with an almost emotionless look on his face. The room he was in could be considered his office. The tower was like a giant cemetery for dragons and humans. The dragon takes great care of the dead and has for most of his life. At times he seems to respect the dead more than his own family. Pure Dokusei often takes great pride in bringing peace to the dying and dead. At the moment two hundred dead bodies can be found in the lower parts of the tower. Most are victims of Garvus's rampage and those who died in the past two years. The hundreds of rooms are like giant black cubes down below with slots in them. Often the small spaces are for coffins and ashes sit in jars upon small black marble tables. Tiemeth has become very popular, those who do seek him for his services often are very happy in the end. Not one of the families of the dead has complained to him yet. He can be actually very nice to his customers and tries to keep prices low for them. If only he was the same way with his clan and family.

He then turned his head when the door handle started to move. Tiemeth smiled at the dragon before him."Thank you for arriving it is such a shame John could not be here himself. I was worried he had forgotten our meeting. He is a very busy man so I understand, would you like something to drink? Havok?" The old dragon then took a seat at his black marble desk. It had a very gothic look to it.

Havok was sent to see Tiemeth as a fill-in for John. Considering the dragon had a pact with the man it was a good idea. Shaking his head no the dragon took a seat across from the Dokusei. Placing his katana on the ground he let it lean against the side of the desk. The two then began to chat about things going in the city and of the tower. This meeting was going to take an hour or two, but it was fine.

Dokusei Tower

Kara

Kara wandered the halls of the mighty black tower. Checking each room to making sure everything was normal. Malinda was gone for the time being visiting another clan. The queen of the Dokusei would be back in a few days. It was better that she went and not Tiemeth, she was a bit more reasonable and approachable. The golden-eyed woman walked around in a very fancy red ballgown, her head was high and she walked with much pride. Tiamat would be here today so making sure no unwanted guest somehow got it in was on her list. Being a caretaker of the young dragon she was very protective, she would rarely leave her side when the young dragon was here.

Looking at the clock she then sighed. Kara then headed for the stairs and began to make her way down to the entrance. The doors were often locked, only opened by those in charge. Tiemeth would unlock it to welcome customers and let the dragons seeking to join in. Kara only did to let Tiamat or her trusted friends. The few times she would allow the customer or new dragons in only is Tiemeth told her to. The place was very secure with cameras in every hallway and keypads on a few elevator doors.
Wherever Sawyer is at...he is there.

Arank

Arank sat on the trunk of the car. Looking at the people walking by the vehicle. They didn't seem to notice him all. His legs dangled not even close to touching the ground. Kicking them a bit he started to do the random thing he does. In a very calm and soft voice, he spoke aloud."He calls me a kid....that man in red calls another...kid...that is a human...I am...not...same?...different? Yes, it is, that kid is an offspring...I am...kid...but it another version of the word. It can be used in a playful way or in a teasing one...deceive or even to fool...it also has something to do with goats". The young dragon then stopped for a moment. Still looking at the humans trying to read them. In the past, he was told it was rude to peek inside minds without asking. It was hard not to when he felt something strong. It was just something he did with little or no control.

Tiamat
She then spoke in a somewhat sad voice with a small frown on her face. Looking somewhat to the side of Atticus and then up at his face. " You would think I'd know better by now. After all, we have a pact and have known each other for a very long time. John is an issue, but he is not the problem this time. Oh, I still cannot shake Militis from my mind. Years have gone by, yet I still blame myself. If he was around, maybe things would be different. He was not as bad as many thought, it was a shield act to protect himself and I. Bet even my father would listen to him better than he does anyone else. Others have accepted that he is dead, but I still dwell hoping he will come back acting as if he fooled us all".

Tiamat then looked at the clock and sighed. Yep, she was going to be late but it was alright. Kara would most likely be annoyed but not totally upset with her. As long as she showed up at this point.
Gronk

"Kinda want to go check a few things out. Hey, uh, would you mind doing the head counts for me? " Gronk asked as he stood up, looking at his friend. Zoir also stood up and nodded his head in agreement. The one eyed-dragon smiled then ran off to find Rhett. Maybe they could get out of this place before more woke up. Heading for where he could sense the human. Soon he found the man, smiling at the guy he then folded his arms.

"heya, Rhett! Wanna take a moment and get the heck outta this place? Wanted to go check a few areas before more wake up. Zoir will watch the place for a while, you don't have to come, but it could be like old times! Who knows, maybe something interesting will happen this time?" Gronk spoke as if he was really happy but it was just a show. So others around wouldn't think he was weak or get curious about his business.
~If I do NOT respond in three minutes I am at work or away from the computer!~
[Gonna wait for regnaroc to reply before interacting with percy]
[Gonna wait for regnaroc to reply before interacting with percy]
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
Rhett:

“Oh, hey Gronk, figured you were close by,” Rhett said as he gave the dragon a wave. Though Gronk was quite adept at hiding his emotions behind a cheerful veil, Rhett could sense what laid beneath the positive exterior. It wasn’t too difficult to pinpoint these days either, what with Gronk usually having something on his mind that seemed to trouble him one way or another. Just another similarity of theirs it seemed… both of them had plenty of that emotional baggage, and they didn't want others to see it. Still, in a way, the idea of them doing that sort of mission together nonetheless brightened Rhett’s spirits a little.

“Heh… Yeah, like old times… Y’know, that doesn’t sound too bad an idea. Yeah, I wouldn’t mind doing a little scouting trip out there with you. I mean, nice as this place is, it’s good to go beyond the borders or something every so often, keep from completely stagnating.”

Atticus:

“Ah… Well, I can certainly understand thinking about him sometimes…” Atticus remarked, perhaps looking a little crestfallen himself, recalling the gut-punching feeling of being unable to do anything for Militis at the time. It was a rather crushing thing to recall, he understood why it would make Tiamat feel this way. After all, that was one of her family that at least showed some semblance of care before any of the others were willing to welcome her back, and he showed just how much he actually cared by making such a great sacrifice.

“Well, it’s hard to say if he’s really gone for good now, isn’t it? I mean, deep down I’m just a human, I’m used to human finality, even with the whole extra longevity thing now… but you dragons have quite the magical aura around you. I can only imagine someone like Militis has quite the powerful spirit… Perhaps his fate isn’t so clear-cut…” It was speculation at most, mostly an attempt to cheer her up, but it wasn’t dishonesty either. He liked to believe there were such chances for more positive outcomes, that not everything had to be so morbid and tragic.
“Don’t lose hope, Tiamat, Militis always came across as a very strong-willed sorta guy. Maybe he really is out there somewhere, but I think wherever he is, I'm sure he'd be happy to see that you're alright and actually maintaining a connection to the rest of your family as well... Speaking of which, if I'm not mistaken, we're both supposed to be heading over to the tower right about now, huh?" At that, he got up from the couch, offering a hand to help Tiamat get to her feet as well if she wanted it.

New York

Sawyer

Parked on the side of a road adjacent to the path leading up to Dokusei Tower, a man in a rather shabby-looking trenchcoat sat in his decommissioned taxi cab and stared out the open window, the obscenely massive skyscraper-mortuary standing there in full view of his line of sight. He eyed the thing with suspicion, yet perhaps with a pang of jealousy as well. To have property of that size and scope... You wanted to talk about the big life, it didn't get much bigger... A shame the whole thing was probably stacked with corpses if the word on the street was accurate. Also a shame who actually occupied that building.

Just more cronies for that scumbag Zermack, more muscle so he could keep his facade going without anyone threatening to expose whatever ulterior motives he had... and Sawyer was certain he had them. He remembered the carnage he'd witnessed, that man was directly responsible for much of it, even if he didn't side with Garvus... All it did was reinforce Sawyer's belief at the time that no one was trustworthy. Not that he really had a much greater trust for the world at large these days, but... he could at least believe in exceptions to the rule... and one of those was sitting quietly outside on the back of his vehicle. He'd been out there on his own for a bit... probably for the best to make sure he was doing alright. Not that Arank couldn't take care of himself, but, the city brought out a sort of paranoia in Sawyer. He'd always taken comfort in rural settings, the urban life was still terribly foreign to him in a number of ways.

"Hey, kid, everythin' A-OK out here?" Sawyer asked Arank as he stepped out of the cab and walked over to the trunk. "All this crazy noise and ruckus out here, I'm surprised you can still look so meditative like this..." He turned to look at the tower some more at that, observing it with a deductive sort of look on his face. "I tell ya... it's only a matter of time 'fore something really fishy starts happening 'round there, something people won't be able to ignore anymore... Just wish I could figure out what it's gonna be..."
Rhett:

“Oh, hey Gronk, figured you were close by,” Rhett said as he gave the dragon a wave. Though Gronk was quite adept at hiding his emotions behind a cheerful veil, Rhett could sense what laid beneath the positive exterior. It wasn’t too difficult to pinpoint these days either, what with Gronk usually having something on his mind that seemed to trouble him one way or another. Just another similarity of theirs it seemed… both of them had plenty of that emotional baggage, and they didn't want others to see it. Still, in a way, the idea of them doing that sort of mission together nonetheless brightened Rhett’s spirits a little.

“Heh… Yeah, like old times… Y’know, that doesn’t sound too bad an idea. Yeah, I wouldn’t mind doing a little scouting trip out there with you. I mean, nice as this place is, it’s good to go beyond the borders or something every so often, keep from completely stagnating.”

Atticus:

“Ah… Well, I can certainly understand thinking about him sometimes…” Atticus remarked, perhaps looking a little crestfallen himself, recalling the gut-punching feeling of being unable to do anything for Militis at the time. It was a rather crushing thing to recall, he understood why it would make Tiamat feel this way. After all, that was one of her family that at least showed some semblance of care before any of the others were willing to welcome her back, and he showed just how much he actually cared by making such a great sacrifice.

“Well, it’s hard to say if he’s really gone for good now, isn’t it? I mean, deep down I’m just a human, I’m used to human finality, even with the whole extra longevity thing now… but you dragons have quite the magical aura around you. I can only imagine someone like Militis has quite the powerful spirit… Perhaps his fate isn’t so clear-cut…” It was speculation at most, mostly an attempt to cheer her up, but it wasn’t dishonesty either. He liked to believe there were such chances for more positive outcomes, that not everything had to be so morbid and tragic.
“Don’t lose hope, Tiamat, Militis always came across as a very strong-willed sorta guy. Maybe he really is out there somewhere, but I think wherever he is, I'm sure he'd be happy to see that you're alright and actually maintaining a connection to the rest of your family as well... Speaking of which, if I'm not mistaken, we're both supposed to be heading over to the tower right about now, huh?" At that, he got up from the couch, offering a hand to help Tiamat get to her feet as well if she wanted it.

New York

Sawyer

Parked on the side of a road adjacent to the path leading up to Dokusei Tower, a man in a rather shabby-looking trenchcoat sat in his decommissioned taxi cab and stared out the open window, the obscenely massive skyscraper-mortuary standing there in full view of his line of sight. He eyed the thing with suspicion, yet perhaps with a pang of jealousy as well. To have property of that size and scope... You wanted to talk about the big life, it didn't get much bigger... A shame the whole thing was probably stacked with corpses if the word on the street was accurate. Also a shame who actually occupied that building.

Just more cronies for that scumbag Zermack, more muscle so he could keep his facade going without anyone threatening to expose whatever ulterior motives he had... and Sawyer was certain he had them. He remembered the carnage he'd witnessed, that man was directly responsible for much of it, even if he didn't side with Garvus... All it did was reinforce Sawyer's belief at the time that no one was trustworthy. Not that he really had a much greater trust for the world at large these days, but... he could at least believe in exceptions to the rule... and one of those was sitting quietly outside on the back of his vehicle. He'd been out there on his own for a bit... probably for the best to make sure he was doing alright. Not that Arank couldn't take care of himself, but, the city brought out a sort of paranoia in Sawyer. He'd always taken comfort in rural settings, the urban life was still terribly foreign to him in a number of ways.

"Hey, kid, everythin' A-OK out here?" Sawyer asked Arank as he stepped out of the cab and walked over to the trunk. "All this crazy noise and ruckus out here, I'm surprised you can still look so meditative like this..." He turned to look at the tower some more at that, observing it with a deductive sort of look on his face. "I tell ya... it's only a matter of time 'fore something really fishy starts happening 'round there, something people won't be able to ignore anymore... Just wish I could figure out what it's gonna be..."
Interacting with: @TylRegor and
@Foxbrush (Also as a note Adair is actually behind Zakar in a booth for ideal snooping. However we can make him behind Engel instead so if she wants to turn around like little kids do sometimes they can keep interacting. I'mma give you that hand wave but in the context of Adair waving just before he sat down, as he was passing your table. Sound cool? So the wave has happened it's just not here as that would mess with time lines. Feel free to have Engel takes this as an invitation to spin around though because it was a friendly wave with a kindsmile, from this kid that Looks tougher then he actually is.)

Also in room: @LunarSolstice

(New York, Dockspree 10:17am : 3)

The little diner bell ding ding jingles as another patron enters however Adair's focus is more towards his ordering. A Wide smile takes the youngun's face as he reclines in the familiar presence of his familiar ticket taker. "EYY Kris how you been? No good mornin' NO nothin'?" He jokes in good humor, arms lace back behind his head, a lopsided grin painting over his face. "Nan nah you know me! Bring it on!! Tacos and Coffee! So long as it's breakfast and orderable. What could go Wrong." A snort, a grin. "I'll tell you how it is like always." His hand rolls forward as the teen leans in. "Got any Juicy Gossip? I know a ticket taking coffee stop is always the best place to get iiit~" This teen is like sunshine on a cloudy day, such Boisterous fun in all that he does.
Interacting with: @TylRegor and
@Foxbrush (Also as a note Adair is actually behind Zakar in a booth for ideal snooping. However we can make him behind Engel instead so if she wants to turn around like little kids do sometimes they can keep interacting. I'mma give you that hand wave but in the context of Adair waving just before he sat down, as he was passing your table. Sound cool? So the wave has happened it's just not here as that would mess with time lines. Feel free to have Engel takes this as an invitation to spin around though because it was a friendly wave with a kindsmile, from this kid that Looks tougher then he actually is.)

Also in room: @LunarSolstice

(New York, Dockspree 10:17am : 3)

The little diner bell ding ding jingles as another patron enters however Adair's focus is more towards his ordering. A Wide smile takes the youngun's face as he reclines in the familiar presence of his familiar ticket taker. "EYY Kris how you been? No good mornin' NO nothin'?" He jokes in good humor, arms lace back behind his head, a lopsided grin painting over his face. "Nan nah you know me! Bring it on!! Tacos and Coffee! So long as it's breakfast and orderable. What could go Wrong." A snort, a grin. "I'll tell you how it is like always." His hand rolls forward as the teen leans in. "Got any Juicy Gossip? I know a ticket taking coffee stop is always the best place to get iiit~" This teen is like sunshine on a cloudy day, such Boisterous fun in all that he does.
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
Kris chuckled a bit at his last comment. Things like that weren't really interesting, nor her niche in the world, but the teen tried.
"Did ya hear the news this mornin?" Kris asked the boy as she poured his cup, since he did ask for gossip.
"Johns making a new holiday, for dragons. Seems fishy to me. Other than that, it looked like rain. Dunno anything else." She finished pouring his brew, moving onto the newest customer.
"Welcome to dockspree, how can I help you?" She asked eagerly.
Kris chuckled a bit at his last comment. Things like that weren't really interesting, nor her niche in the world, but the teen tried.
"Did ya hear the news this mornin?" Kris asked the boy as she poured his cup, since he did ask for gossip.
"Johns making a new holiday, for dragons. Seems fishy to me. Other than that, it looked like rain. Dunno anything else." She finished pouring his brew, moving onto the newest customer.
"Welcome to dockspree, how can I help you?" She asked eagerly.
((Ooo~ oops, I misunderstood that. I'll just follow suite with the peek a boo then.))

Zarak thumped his fingers on the table in deep thought over what the waitress said. He was weighing the pros and cons of just skipping the New York clan, and heading straight to the desert one. He failed to notice Engel's staring, she always watching to see how Zarak's mood was going. He seemed to be bothered by something, but it wasn't at a level she needed to intervene yet.

It was the amazing sound of tacos and coffee that had her twisting in her seat. It was the guy she waved at from before she realized with a small start. Her nose scrunched up in a disgust at the idea of coffee, but she would love to have a taco. It has been ages since she had one, and the thought of them was making her mouth water.

Somewhat eavesdropping on the guys conversation with the lady, her eyes light up with abundance of excitment. A new holiday for dragons!? How exciting was that! She immediately wanted Zarak and her to go, and conquer the fair grounds. Turning fully around, she glanced back at Zarak before looking at the boy.

Psst... are you..... perhaps a dragon?" Okay, Zarak told her it wasn't polite to ask people such things. But! She really wanted to meet another dragon. Zarak has only introduced her to a handful of dragons, and she was dying to meet more. Especially with the festival coming.
((Ooo~ oops, I misunderstood that. I'll just follow suite with the peek a boo then.))

Zarak thumped his fingers on the table in deep thought over what the waitress said. He was weighing the pros and cons of just skipping the New York clan, and heading straight to the desert one. He failed to notice Engel's staring, she always watching to see how Zarak's mood was going. He seemed to be bothered by something, but it wasn't at a level she needed to intervene yet.

It was the amazing sound of tacos and coffee that had her twisting in her seat. It was the guy she waved at from before she realized with a small start. Her nose scrunched up in a disgust at the idea of coffee, but she would love to have a taco. It has been ages since she had one, and the thought of them was making her mouth water.

Somewhat eavesdropping on the guys conversation with the lady, her eyes light up with abundance of excitment. A new holiday for dragons!? How exciting was that! She immediately wanted Zarak and her to go, and conquer the fair grounds. Turning fully around, she glanced back at Zarak before looking at the boy.

Psst... are you..... perhaps a dragon?" Okay, Zarak told her it wasn't polite to ask people such things. But! She really wanted to meet another dragon. Zarak has only introduced her to a handful of dragons, and she was dying to meet more. Especially with the festival coming.
Percy flipped through the menu a few more times to try and find something before the waitress came, but alas, he was too late as she made his way over to him. He could've sworn that he saw free-refills somewhere in the restaurant as he came in to sit, so he would probably get some sort of soda. Now the real question was what exactly could he get with his... very small amount of finances. He laughed awkwardly when the waitress asked him what exactly he wanted, looking up from the menu he barely had time to check. "Well, uh..." He pretended to flip through the menu once again out of habit to avoid looking at her.

Another awkward chuckle followed as he put down his menu and actually got ready to order this time. "What exactly can I get after a soda at a current budget of, say, $20?" He brought up, putting down his menu while making sure not to look directly at them. It was embarrassing for him to be dining alone, and he silently wished that another one of his clan members were here to help him. He sat at a relatively random seat, but he was at a table close enough to a group, or two, as it seemed, to hear that they had mentioned something about being a dragon. It immediately caught his interest, although it wasn't the good type. Thankfully, he was in a position so that he could subtly watch them out of the corner of his eye, and hear them if he tried close enough.

Could this be the trouble that he could keep feeling? Either way, if it was something to be worried about, he might as well lend an ear.
Percy flipped through the menu a few more times to try and find something before the waitress came, but alas, he was too late as she made his way over to him. He could've sworn that he saw free-refills somewhere in the restaurant as he came in to sit, so he would probably get some sort of soda. Now the real question was what exactly could he get with his... very small amount of finances. He laughed awkwardly when the waitress asked him what exactly he wanted, looking up from the menu he barely had time to check. "Well, uh..." He pretended to flip through the menu once again out of habit to avoid looking at her.

Another awkward chuckle followed as he put down his menu and actually got ready to order this time. "What exactly can I get after a soda at a current budget of, say, $20?" He brought up, putting down his menu while making sure not to look directly at them. It was embarrassing for him to be dining alone, and he silently wished that another one of his clan members were here to help him. He sat at a relatively random seat, but he was at a table close enough to a group, or two, as it seemed, to hear that they had mentioned something about being a dragon. It immediately caught his interest, although it wasn't the good type. Thankfully, he was in a position so that he could subtly watch them out of the corner of his eye, and hear them if he tried close enough.

Could this be the trouble that he could keep feeling? Either way, if it was something to be worried about, he might as well lend an ear.
I know that I should put something here...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25