Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Heart of a Thief (1x1)
1 2 3 4 5
Bii laughed, “No, you’re not wrong, We just head east for as far as possible, and we’ll make it.” She turned around and started moving back the way she had came, gesturing for Echo to follow. “It’s not easy taking off in the middle of this forest, and it’s about half a day’s walk to get out. Then it’s about a day and a half’s flight to get to the coast. We can go slower heading to Wind, so we can stop along the way to gather herbs. Speaking of which, those are Moor Thistles, they’re good for repairing internal damage,” she said, pointing at a spiky plant.

Buttercup, at her direction, hopped off her shoulder and waded into the thistles, not bothered by their spines. He bit off several stalks and brought the flowers back to Bii, who deposited them in her woodbasket among a few other thistles.

“I have a close friend who, once upon a time, was forced to eat glass dust. It tore his insides to shreds,” Bii shuddered at the memory of the first time she had seen Zijin collapse and begin coughing up blood from his ruptured stomach.

She looked over her shoulder at Echo who was following close behind her, and gave him a small smile. Then frowned. “Wait, there was something you said earlier that I just remembered,” Bii started, “You said something like, ‘Didn't have a good look the first time 'round.’ What on earth did you mean by that? Have you been to Dawnglow before?” The coatl stopped walking then and turned to face Echo with a bewildered expression on her face, hoping that somehow she was misinterpreting his words.

oh my god is plot accidentally happening??? a mystery plot???
Bii laughed, “No, you’re not wrong, We just head east for as far as possible, and we’ll make it.” She turned around and started moving back the way she had came, gesturing for Echo to follow. “It’s not easy taking off in the middle of this forest, and it’s about half a day’s walk to get out. Then it’s about a day and a half’s flight to get to the coast. We can go slower heading to Wind, so we can stop along the way to gather herbs. Speaking of which, those are Moor Thistles, they’re good for repairing internal damage,” she said, pointing at a spiky plant.

Buttercup, at her direction, hopped off her shoulder and waded into the thistles, not bothered by their spines. He bit off several stalks and brought the flowers back to Bii, who deposited them in her woodbasket among a few other thistles.

“I have a close friend who, once upon a time, was forced to eat glass dust. It tore his insides to shreds,” Bii shuddered at the memory of the first time she had seen Zijin collapse and begin coughing up blood from his ruptured stomach.

She looked over her shoulder at Echo who was following close behind her, and gave him a small smile. Then frowned. “Wait, there was something you said earlier that I just remembered,” Bii started, “You said something like, ‘Didn't have a good look the first time 'round.’ What on earth did you mean by that? Have you been to Dawnglow before?” The coatl stopped walking then and turned to face Echo with a bewildered expression on her face, hoping that somehow she was misinterpreting his words.

oh my god is plot accidentally happening??? a mystery plot???
He nodded, to the directions and to the herbs. Odd how the thistles, mind you, SPIKEY thistles were capable of healing internal damage! Normally sharp things stab you and hurt you, inside or out. The wonders of herbs he guessed.

"Glass... Dust?" He looked uneasy for acouple moments. Sure external damage was bad, he had acouple scars himself, but internal? That never sounded good. Who knew what could possibly be going on in the inside! You couldn't accurately keep track! "That seems terrible. I'm assuming that you used the Thistles to help him?"

"Hmm?" She then frowned, had he said something wrong? Sure he had said that he hadn't a good look first time 'round, but what did that have to do with him? "Been to Dawnglow?" Maybe he did... All he knew that it looked like a clan and had lots of good to be taken. "...Um... I'm not to sure. All I know is that I saw what looked like to be a clan, so, I decided that I should take a quick look around! Took the first thing that looked expensive! So, I took it then left! Actually, that might've been another clan?"

Echo was really confused once again, going down the downward spiral of hard thinking. He was pretty sure it was another clan. After all, he wasn't to much in need of rescue back there. Yeah, it was likely that it was another clan. Memories were confusing.

(I present, unintentional plot)
He nodded, to the directions and to the herbs. Odd how the thistles, mind you, SPIKEY thistles were capable of healing internal damage! Normally sharp things stab you and hurt you, inside or out. The wonders of herbs he guessed.

"Glass... Dust?" He looked uneasy for acouple moments. Sure external damage was bad, he had acouple scars himself, but internal? That never sounded good. Who knew what could possibly be going on in the inside! You couldn't accurately keep track! "That seems terrible. I'm assuming that you used the Thistles to help him?"

"Hmm?" She then frowned, had he said something wrong? Sure he had said that he hadn't a good look first time 'round, but what did that have to do with him? "Been to Dawnglow?" Maybe he did... All he knew that it looked like a clan and had lots of good to be taken. "...Um... I'm not to sure. All I know is that I saw what looked like to be a clan, so, I decided that I should take a quick look around! Took the first thing that looked expensive! So, I took it then left! Actually, that might've been another clan?"

Echo was really confused once again, going down the downward spiral of hard thinking. He was pretty sure it was another clan. After all, he wasn't to much in need of rescue back there. Yeah, it was likely that it was another clan. Memories were confusing.

(I present, unintentional plot)
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
lmao I think we're both confused because at the beginning of the rp, I intended for Bii to just be napping in the middle of this forest in shadow and her basket was sitting next to her by a tree, and Echo just walked by and nabbed it? did I not write that clearly??
lmao I think we're both confused because at the beginning of the rp, I intended for Bii to just be napping in the middle of this forest in shadow and her basket was sitting next to her by a tree, and Echo just walked by and nabbed it? did I not write that clearly??
Oh crap, I guess I wasn't paying attention! What should we do now? Keep on going with this or??
Oh crap, I guess I wasn't paying attention! What should we do now? Keep on going with this or??
internal panicking Uuuhhhhhhh, maybe you could edit your last post and pretend that Echo had actually been to Dawnglow? he could have accidentally wandered in at one time or another, and in the context of this rp, he only let slip that he'd been there after Bii had told him about the nature of the clan?

or we could just let it drop entirely and I'll leave Bii asking him about it out of my post. That would be simpler
internal panicking Uuuhhhhhhh, maybe you could edit your last post and pretend that Echo had actually been to Dawnglow? he could have accidentally wandered in at one time or another, and in the context of this rp, he only let slip that he'd been there after Bii had told him about the nature of the clan?

or we could just let it drop entirely and I'll leave Bii asking him about it out of my post. That would be simpler
Uhhhhh yeah, we can go with the pretend route, brb
Uhhhhh yeah, we can go with the pretend route, brb
sounds good! for actual context of dawnglow, the pocket dimension was created by the lightweaver very long ago as a safe haven for troubled dragons. Maybe the old magic could be wearing off and letting random people walk in?
sounds good! for actual context of dawnglow, the pocket dimension was created by the lightweaver very long ago as a safe haven for troubled dragons. Maybe the old magic could be wearing off and letting random people walk in?
Ohh I see how the clan works now! I adjusted it though, does it seem ok now? I can definitely change abit around if needed!
Ohh I see how the clan works now! I adjusted it though, does it seem ok now? I can definitely change abit around if needed!
That's fine!

Bii shook her head, more to clear her thoughts than to disagree with Echo. “It’s probably somewhere else you’re thinking of,” she said, and hoped it was true. She turned back around and continued walking, lost in thoughts. It was highly improbable that this pearlcatcher from Wind had been to her hidden sanctuary in Light. First of all, there was the issue of finding it, which is not something many people did. Occasionally dragons stopped by to recover from something, then went on their way and were never seen in the clan again. There were only twenty actual clan members in total, a much smaller group than the one she had been born into.

Eventually Bii decided to stop thinking about that particular subject and her thoughts drifted to something else entirely. They walked on in silence, in the dim light of the forest. Occasionally, Bii pointed out a different medicinal herb, and Echo stared at it, as if committing it to memory. They spoke about trivial things to pass the time. It was near dusk when the trees began to thin, and finally they stepped out into a moonlit, grassy field. Bii breathed a sigh of relief to be back in Light territory, even if it was nighttime.

“Welcome to Light,” she said as she turned towards Echo with a chuckle, “I guess it’s not very light at the moment, though.” She looked up at the clear expanse of the sky, stars stretching out for miles all around them. Bii was uneasy whenever she couldn’t see the sky, the dense woodlands of Shadow put her on edge, and maybe that’s why she acted so aggressively towards Echo when she first met him, half a day ago now. “We could stop and rest if you’d like, I’m not tired though so I could fly for a couple hours before I’m all spent.” She stretched her honeydew wings out to their full extent, disturbing Buttercup who had been dozing on her back. Bii was restless from being unable to fly for so long, and was itching to go, and go fast.

Time skip (if thats okay with you) because I don't want to be confined to Shadow for another week. also fun fact! I am the opposite of Bii because I have always lived in mountainous, heavily forested areas and as soon as you put me out in an open field I get nervous.
That's fine!

Bii shook her head, more to clear her thoughts than to disagree with Echo. “It’s probably somewhere else you’re thinking of,” she said, and hoped it was true. She turned back around and continued walking, lost in thoughts. It was highly improbable that this pearlcatcher from Wind had been to her hidden sanctuary in Light. First of all, there was the issue of finding it, which is not something many people did. Occasionally dragons stopped by to recover from something, then went on their way and were never seen in the clan again. There were only twenty actual clan members in total, a much smaller group than the one she had been born into.

Eventually Bii decided to stop thinking about that particular subject and her thoughts drifted to something else entirely. They walked on in silence, in the dim light of the forest. Occasionally, Bii pointed out a different medicinal herb, and Echo stared at it, as if committing it to memory. They spoke about trivial things to pass the time. It was near dusk when the trees began to thin, and finally they stepped out into a moonlit, grassy field. Bii breathed a sigh of relief to be back in Light territory, even if it was nighttime.

“Welcome to Light,” she said as she turned towards Echo with a chuckle, “I guess it’s not very light at the moment, though.” She looked up at the clear expanse of the sky, stars stretching out for miles all around them. Bii was uneasy whenever she couldn’t see the sky, the dense woodlands of Shadow put her on edge, and maybe that’s why she acted so aggressively towards Echo when she first met him, half a day ago now. “We could stop and rest if you’d like, I’m not tired though so I could fly for a couple hours before I’m all spent.” She stretched her honeydew wings out to their full extent, disturbing Buttercup who had been dozing on her back. Bii was restless from being unable to fly for so long, and was itching to go, and go fast.

Time skip (if thats okay with you) because I don't want to be confined to Shadow for another week. also fun fact! I am the opposite of Bii because I have always lived in mountainous, heavily forested areas and as soon as you put me out in an open field I get nervous.
(Really? Then I'm like Bii, the opposite of you. I won't get nervous but I would heavily prefer open fields! Also, this forum revamp is kinda odd)

The two talked for some time, with the Coatl pointing at a herb time to time. Like usual, he stared at it to add to his small knowledge of herbs, but Sycamore would appreciate it anyway! Echo was in awe when they reached the field. It felt so... Open. And he wasn't so sure if he liked this change, stealing was best in cramped crowded places, in the open, you'd be spotted to easily. But stealing tactics aside, it would be a nice place to play around. It was dark and had stars all around! The class astronomer, Marduk, would absolutely appreciate this, and might even go the distance to even move here. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, he turned to answer Bii's question.

"Rest or fly a few hours?" Like instinct, he flared and stretched his wings before putting it back to his side. "Oh yeah, we can ABSOLUTELY fly for some hours! All that walking really tired out my legs, my wings could definitely have some use! Which way? Which way do we go?!" He too was itching for the flight, not exactly to go as fast, but fast. Elliot, hopped besides him. He had what Echo was like right before he was about to take off, and saw what was coming fast. So, the flower fox was more excited than usual. Flying wasn't a thing the poor familiar could do! So it was a nice treat time to time.
(Really? Then I'm like Bii, the opposite of you. I won't get nervous but I would heavily prefer open fields! Also, this forum revamp is kinda odd)

The two talked for some time, with the Coatl pointing at a herb time to time. Like usual, he stared at it to add to his small knowledge of herbs, but Sycamore would appreciate it anyway! Echo was in awe when they reached the field. It felt so... Open. And he wasn't so sure if he liked this change, stealing was best in cramped crowded places, in the open, you'd be spotted to easily. But stealing tactics aside, it would be a nice place to play around. It was dark and had stars all around! The class astronomer, Marduk, would absolutely appreciate this, and might even go the distance to even move here. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, he turned to answer Bii's question.

"Rest or fly a few hours?" Like instinct, he flared and stretched his wings before putting it back to his side. "Oh yeah, we can ABSOLUTELY fly for some hours! All that walking really tired out my legs, my wings could definitely have some use! Which way? Which way do we go?!" He too was itching for the flight, not exactly to go as fast, but fast. Elliot, hopped besides him. He had what Echo was like right before he was about to take off, and saw what was coming fast. So, the flower fox was more excited than usual. Flying wasn't a thing the poor familiar could do! So it was a nice treat time to time.
1 2 3 4 5