Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Draw of Avenda (Modern Fantasy) LFG
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The Premise
You are either the friend or mentor of Justin. Justin disappeared from home when he turned 18. When he left there was no note and there hasn't been a note since. He simply disappeared into the night. Two years have passed and Justin has finally reached out to his sibling with a hastily written letter saying that he joined a religious group, but he thinks that they're going to kill him or someone else. He asks to meet them at a dinner, the local hangout spot for teens that like to stay out late. The meeting time gives the sibling a week, and they're supposed to meet Saturday night at 2:00 am.

This is where you come in. The sibling feels drawn to invite others that had a heavy influence in Justin's life to meet up at the dinner as well. Their goal? To kidnap and bring him back to reality pretty much. There's no reason he should be involved with some kind of occult that's wants to kill him! Please fill out the form below and message it to me so we can iron out details on your character. Please start with just one character. Other's may be added but I don't want to overload myself XD. Justin's sibling will be played by Cebelrai, so we no longer need a volunteer to play them.
Quote:
Character Name:
Character Age:
Character Gender: (if different from biological gender, please say so)
Relationship to Justin:
Character Likes:
Character Dislikes:
Appearance:
History:
Items:

Breakdown-
Character Name: First and Last Name (if sibling to Justin you can pick the last name)
Character Age: Age
Character Gender: (if different from biological gender, please say so) Biological Gender and the Gender they identify themselves as (if the two are different)
Relationship to Justin: How does your character know Justin
Character Likes: What does your character like
Character Dislikes: What does your character not like
Appearance: Physical Appearance
History: The details of your characters life, please say how you know Justin
Items: Items your character regularly carries with them

Please go as in depth as you can with your character's history. What do they do now, what did they do when they were little, stuff like that. You have no clue what details might play a factor into the RP. You do get points for being descriptive! Once we've ironed out the details of your character, I'll give you your characters stats and you can post your appearance only here.Your character stats (which will be better explained once I give them to you, affect aspects of the game. Everything from how well you fight, dodge, and notice things will be built off your stats--which I will make based off of your History.
The Premise
You are either the friend or mentor of Justin. Justin disappeared from home when he turned 18. When he left there was no note and there hasn't been a note since. He simply disappeared into the night. Two years have passed and Justin has finally reached out to his sibling with a hastily written letter saying that he joined a religious group, but he thinks that they're going to kill him or someone else. He asks to meet them at a dinner, the local hangout spot for teens that like to stay out late. The meeting time gives the sibling a week, and they're supposed to meet Saturday night at 2:00 am.

This is where you come in. The sibling feels drawn to invite others that had a heavy influence in Justin's life to meet up at the dinner as well. Their goal? To kidnap and bring him back to reality pretty much. There's no reason he should be involved with some kind of occult that's wants to kill him! Please fill out the form below and message it to me so we can iron out details on your character. Please start with just one character. Other's may be added but I don't want to overload myself XD. Justin's sibling will be played by Cebelrai, so we no longer need a volunteer to play them.
Quote:
Character Name:
Character Age:
Character Gender: (if different from biological gender, please say so)
Relationship to Justin:
Character Likes:
Character Dislikes:
Appearance:
History:
Items:

Breakdown-
Character Name: First and Last Name (if sibling to Justin you can pick the last name)
Character Age: Age
Character Gender: (if different from biological gender, please say so) Biological Gender and the Gender they identify themselves as (if the two are different)
Relationship to Justin: How does your character know Justin
Character Likes: What does your character like
Character Dislikes: What does your character not like
Appearance: Physical Appearance
History: The details of your characters life, please say how you know Justin
Items: Items your character regularly carries with them

Please go as in depth as you can with your character's history. What do they do now, what did they do when they were little, stuff like that. You have no clue what details might play a factor into the RP. You do get points for being descriptive! Once we've ironed out the details of your character, I'll give you your characters stats and you can post your appearance only here.Your character stats (which will be better explained once I give them to you, affect aspects of the game. Everything from how well you fight, dodge, and notice things will be built off your stats--which I will make based off of your History.
What I promise with this RP

This RP has a structured beginning, fluid middle, and unknown end. Consider it an open world RPG, of you are familiar with such things. Your actions, even some of the smaller ones, have a direct affect on the story line.

I am the Game Master, I merely set up the intro and let you guys take full reign. You only have control of YOUR character. If you character decides to leave the group and hunt demons, that's fine. If your character falls in love with an NPC (non-player character, basically any character RPed by me and not you guys), that's fine too. It may be my story at the beginning, but I want it to become your story at the end.

I promise a modern day magical tale that is hopefully full of intrigue that you font just enjoy responding to, but also enjoy reading.
What I promise with this RP

This RP has a structured beginning, fluid middle, and unknown end. Consider it an open world RPG, of you are familiar with such things. Your actions, even some of the smaller ones, have a direct affect on the story line.

I am the Game Master, I merely set up the intro and let you guys take full reign. You only have control of YOUR character. If you character decides to leave the group and hunt demons, that's fine. If your character falls in love with an NPC (non-player character, basically any character RPed by me and not you guys), that's fine too. It may be my story at the beginning, but I want it to become your story at the end.

I promise a modern day magical tale that is hopefully full of intrigue that you font just enjoy responding to, but also enjoy reading.
Character Stats

Joshua (Cebelrai):
Strength 5
Agility 7
Constitution 4
Perception 5
Intelligence 4
Charisma 8

Mandy (dash):
Strength 5
Agility 8
Constitution 5
Perception 7
Intelligence 4
Charisma 4

Rhys (PiriyaLunaerith)
Strength 7
Agility 5
Constitution 8
Perception 5
Intelligence 4
Charisma 4
Character Stats

Joshua (Cebelrai):
Strength 5
Agility 7
Constitution 4
Perception 5
Intelligence 4
Charisma 8

Mandy (dash):
Strength 5
Agility 8
Constitution 5
Perception 7
Intelligence 4
Charisma 4

Rhys (PiriyaLunaerith)
Strength 7
Agility 5
Constitution 8
Perception 5
Intelligence 4
Charisma 4
Mandy: Rhys might not know that much about Mandy, but Josh would know a few things. Like late one night, Justin disappeared till morning, sneaking back just before they would be getting up for school. That day at school Josh, and most other's would have noticed Justin and Mandy holding hands. Odd, considering Mandy was more of an outcast than Justin (yes, that was possible). No one really knew much about her, just that she was really quick on her feat and when Justin disappeared she showed up every day at their house to see if she could do something to help or see if they found anything out about where he was. Josh could see it easily: Mandy was heart broken....

Two years later....
Mandy: Rhys might not know that much about Mandy, but Josh would know a few things. Like late one night, Justin disappeared till morning, sneaking back just before they would be getting up for school. That day at school Josh, and most other's would have noticed Justin and Mandy holding hands. Odd, considering Mandy was more of an outcast than Justin (yes, that was possible). No one really knew much about her, just that she was really quick on her feat and when Justin disappeared she showed up every day at their house to see if she could do something to help or see if they found anything out about where he was. Josh could see it easily: Mandy was heart broken....

Two years later....
It's slowly approaching 2 am. The time that Justin had asked Josh to meet him. It's assumed you all met up and drove in one car. Wouldn't want Justin to get skittish and run off if he saw the parking lot full of cars. Once again, Joshua felt drawn to inviting both Rhys and Mandy on this venture. They don't have much time to discuss what exactly they are going to do, but they do have time!

Annnnnnd.... GO!

((Right now there is no turn order. In your opening post, please post your character's appearance ^_^))
It's slowly approaching 2 am. The time that Justin had asked Josh to meet him. It's assumed you all met up and drove in one car. Wouldn't want Justin to get skittish and run off if he saw the parking lot full of cars. Once again, Joshua felt drawn to inviting both Rhys and Mandy on this venture. They don't have much time to discuss what exactly they are going to do, but they do have time!

Annnnnnd.... GO!

((Right now there is no turn order. In your opening post, please post your character's appearance ^_^))
(also, please follow the thread for updates! :D))
(also, please follow the thread for updates! :D))
Joshua drove in uncomfortable silence. He didn't know much about either of his passengers, except that they'd been close to Justin. Which is why they were here.

One week ago, Joshua had received a note from his brother, the first communication he'd had since Justin's disappearance two years ago. At first, he'd been angry. Justin's disappearance had turned his life upside down and his brother had the nerve to contact him with just a note, totally out of the blue. But when he'd read the note, his whole attitude had changed. It seemed his brother was in some kind of trouble. It had to be something really serious for Justin to reach out to Joshua like that. The two had never exactly been close.

Justin and Joshua definitely bore a family resemblance, though you certainly wouldn't be able to guess they were twins by looking at them. They were about the same height, but while Justin was rather lanky, Joshua had the build of an athlete. He was toned, but not bulky, specializing more in speed and agility than strength. Justin's dark hair and eyes were softened in Joshua, his medium-brown hair and eyes making his tanned complexion that much more noticeable. He kept his hair stylishly mussed and his goatee well trimmed.

He'd always been pretty popular in school. Rhys and Mandy had not been in his circle of friends. Really, Justin and Joshua's circle hadn't overlapped at all. So when Joshua found out about Justin's trouble, he hadn't been able to turn to any of his own friends. But he'd managed to track these two down. He wasn't sure how much help they'd be, but he didn't think he could face this situation alone.

So here he was, driving towards the Dinner at nearly 2 am with two strangers to help his brother out of a potentially dangerous situation. This wasn't at all how he'd been planning to spend his break.

((Subscribed!))
Joshua drove in uncomfortable silence. He didn't know much about either of his passengers, except that they'd been close to Justin. Which is why they were here.

One week ago, Joshua had received a note from his brother, the first communication he'd had since Justin's disappearance two years ago. At first, he'd been angry. Justin's disappearance had turned his life upside down and his brother had the nerve to contact him with just a note, totally out of the blue. But when he'd read the note, his whole attitude had changed. It seemed his brother was in some kind of trouble. It had to be something really serious for Justin to reach out to Joshua like that. The two had never exactly been close.

Justin and Joshua definitely bore a family resemblance, though you certainly wouldn't be able to guess they were twins by looking at them. They were about the same height, but while Justin was rather lanky, Joshua had the build of an athlete. He was toned, but not bulky, specializing more in speed and agility than strength. Justin's dark hair and eyes were softened in Joshua, his medium-brown hair and eyes making his tanned complexion that much more noticeable. He kept his hair stylishly mussed and his goatee well trimmed.

He'd always been pretty popular in school. Rhys and Mandy had not been in his circle of friends. Really, Justin and Joshua's circle hadn't overlapped at all. So when Joshua found out about Justin's trouble, he hadn't been able to turn to any of his own friends. But he'd managed to track these two down. He wasn't sure how much help they'd be, but he didn't think he could face this situation alone.

So here he was, driving towards the Dinner at nearly 2 am with two strangers to help his brother out of a potentially dangerous situation. This wasn't at all how he'd been planning to spend his break.

((Subscribed!))
YJ8beQm.png
Mandy shifts uncomfortably in the back seat. The silence was getting to the thin young woman.

"Do we--" her voice is soft, as if breaking the silence is asking for trouble, "Do we all go in together? Or should me and Rhys wait for you to signal us?"

Small and quiet. In high school that was the best way to describe Mandy. Her clothes were dark and hand-me-downs, adding to the outcast look. Her image has changed since then, but her mannerisms have not. Her look could be called chic or modern. Her long hair was shorter. As a whole she looks ten times better than what she ever did in high school. Nice clothes, just a little makeup, jewelry. The whole nine yards.
Mandy shifts uncomfortably in the back seat. The silence was getting to the thin young woman.

"Do we--" her voice is soft, as if breaking the silence is asking for trouble, "Do we all go in together? Or should me and Rhys wait for you to signal us?"

Small and quiet. In high school that was the best way to describe Mandy. Her clothes were dark and hand-me-downs, adding to the outcast look. Her image has changed since then, but her mannerisms have not. Her look could be called chic or modern. Her long hair was shorter. As a whole she looks ten times better than what she ever did in high school. Nice clothes, just a little makeup, jewelry. The whole nine yards.
Rhys was a bit confused by this whole thing. Why was he here in particular? True, he wanted to help...it was the right thing to do. But, it's not like he and Justin were close. They had a few classes together, they were in a few lab groups together, but, they never really...hung out.

He glanced over at Joshua. They weren't really close either, even though they were both pretty popular in high school, their various cliques didn't intersect too often. Maybe it was by association? He was over at their house a time or two working on a school project for class. Whatever it was, he was here now and he was concerned for this former classmate.

It was also pretty late. He wasn't normally up this late, either. But, at least he had a free day tomorrow, or, well...today. So this wasn't going to interfere with anything important. He might be a bit exhausted when getting Piri in the evening for another date. She was quite understanding earlier that evening, when he cut their time short. He didn't change, so he was still in his nicer jeans and shirt, but he did throw a more comfortable sweatshirt on over that. He rubbed his chin, and it was smooth from the shave he did several hours before, though his somewhat mohawk as a bit mussed. So was his nicer shirt that he had on underneath the sweatshirt from the quick nap he took before Joshua picked him up.

The girl spoke up and he glanced her way. He remembered seeing her about in high school, although she changed a lot from what little he remembered of her. Joshua introduced her as Mandy. She rather reminded him of Piri, both being petite and quiet. Their styles were different, though, but still attractively feminine. Mandy brought up a good point.

"If you're afraid he'd bolt, we could wait here until we're needed..." Rhys offered.
Rhys was a bit confused by this whole thing. Why was he here in particular? True, he wanted to help...it was the right thing to do. But, it's not like he and Justin were close. They had a few classes together, they were in a few lab groups together, but, they never really...hung out.

He glanced over at Joshua. They weren't really close either, even though they were both pretty popular in high school, their various cliques didn't intersect too often. Maybe it was by association? He was over at their house a time or two working on a school project for class. Whatever it was, he was here now and he was concerned for this former classmate.

It was also pretty late. He wasn't normally up this late, either. But, at least he had a free day tomorrow, or, well...today. So this wasn't going to interfere with anything important. He might be a bit exhausted when getting Piri in the evening for another date. She was quite understanding earlier that evening, when he cut their time short. He didn't change, so he was still in his nicer jeans and shirt, but he did throw a more comfortable sweatshirt on over that. He rubbed his chin, and it was smooth from the shave he did several hours before, though his somewhat mohawk as a bit mussed. So was his nicer shirt that he had on underneath the sweatshirt from the quick nap he took before Joshua picked him up.

The girl spoke up and he glanced her way. He remembered seeing her about in high school, although she changed a lot from what little he remembered of her. Joshua introduced her as Mandy. She rather reminded him of Piri, both being petite and quiet. Their styles were different, though, but still attractively feminine. Mandy brought up a good point.

"If you're afraid he'd bolt, we could wait here until we're needed..." Rhys offered.
"Hmm, I hadn't actually thought about it," Joshua admitted. "I guess... we should all go in together. If he's already there, it's not like he could bolt past us, right? If he's not there, though, we should probably split up. You guys could get a corner booth or something, lay low..." he trailed off. His plan sounded pretty weak, even to him. But it wasn't like this was some FBI sting. They were just meeting up with a twenty-year-old. And a scrawny one at that, assuming Justin hadn't changed much.

Joshua glanced at Mandy in the rear view mirror. He hardly recognized the girl and wondered if Justin would. He knew they'd been... involved somehow, but he wasn't sure of the details. She had incessantly shown up at their house immediately following Justin's disappearance. Joshua hadn't ever paid much attention to her, but Justin might have been close enough to her that he'd recognize her on sight.

Then he shifted his gaze sideways to Rhys. He hadn't changed too much from high school and would probably be easy for Justin to recognize. Then again, Rhys and Justin hadn't actually been that close. Rhys had several classes with Justin and worked on some projects with him. It was more than most of the people from either of their friend groups would have done, but he supposed that didn't actually make the "friends." Still, he hadn't been able to track anyone else down on such short notice.

Joshua slowed the car and turned into the parking lot. "Well... we're here, so if anyone has a better idea..." he asked as he pulled into a parking spot.

((Backpedaling a bit from my assumptions about Rhys. XD So what was his clique? Joshua was pretty much a jock in school - he mostly played hockey and did field and track. He and Rhys actually might have overlapped. ^^; ))
"Hmm, I hadn't actually thought about it," Joshua admitted. "I guess... we should all go in together. If he's already there, it's not like he could bolt past us, right? If he's not there, though, we should probably split up. You guys could get a corner booth or something, lay low..." he trailed off. His plan sounded pretty weak, even to him. But it wasn't like this was some FBI sting. They were just meeting up with a twenty-year-old. And a scrawny one at that, assuming Justin hadn't changed much.

Joshua glanced at Mandy in the rear view mirror. He hardly recognized the girl and wondered if Justin would. He knew they'd been... involved somehow, but he wasn't sure of the details. She had incessantly shown up at their house immediately following Justin's disappearance. Joshua hadn't ever paid much attention to her, but Justin might have been close enough to her that he'd recognize her on sight.

Then he shifted his gaze sideways to Rhys. He hadn't changed too much from high school and would probably be easy for Justin to recognize. Then again, Rhys and Justin hadn't actually been that close. Rhys had several classes with Justin and worked on some projects with him. It was more than most of the people from either of their friend groups would have done, but he supposed that didn't actually make the "friends." Still, he hadn't been able to track anyone else down on such short notice.

Joshua slowed the car and turned into the parking lot. "Well... we're here, so if anyone has a better idea..." he asked as he pulled into a parking spot.

((Backpedaling a bit from my assumptions about Rhys. XD So what was his clique? Joshua was pretty much a jock in school - he mostly played hockey and did field and track. He and Rhys actually might have overlapped. ^^; ))
YJ8beQm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10