Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Soul of the Abyss (IC)
1 2 3 4
[center][IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/14ce2yw.png[/IMG][/center][font=times new roman][color=#0B2D46]The moon is high tonight, shining like a silver coin underwater. The smell of salt drifts on a cool breeze, wafting into the room. After a long day’s flight, you’ve arrived at Tidechaser, a city built almost entirely on stilts set among the water, raising most buildings a few feet above the waves. Structures are connected only by boat rides. From what you’ve heard of the place, a good amount of the city is underwater, accessible only to dragons of the Water flight. Though for now, you’re standing on a pier, waiting for the rest of your companions to arrive. The last dragon arrives with a thump, his talons sliding a bit on the sea-soaked wood. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37383228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/373833/37383228.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][font=times new roman][size=2][color=#0B2D46]”Mmh, I hate how this city is built, I’ll never get used to the sheer slipperiness, grumble grumble-[/size][size=5] Are you the ones who we hired to investigate the Spines? Yes? Excellent, follow me.”[/columns] [font=times new roman][color=#0B2D46]Without any more comment, the dragon turns around and begins to head up the pier, towards a marketplace that is quite busy, despite the late hour. The group of dragons follow behind him, frantically trying not to lose him in the crows of shouting, jostling dragons. He slips between two stalls, one selling seashells and the other, bottles of acid. The dragon finally stops at a doorway, pausing to let you catch up, then leads you inside. This is an inn he’s led you to. It’s not nearly as busy as the marketplace outside, and the air smells pleasantly of seafood. The dragon sits you all down around a large round table in the corner of the inn’s foyer, leans in, and begins to speak quickly and urgently. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37383228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/373833/37383228.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][font=times new roman][color=#0B2D46]”I don’t have a lot of time, so I’ll be quick. You must have noticed the anomalies going on around here. New structures appearing on the horizon, growing straight out of the sea where nothing was before. The increase in sea-dwelling beasts. How the water darkens and roils in the wake of our boats. These are not normal, and they need to be stopped. The closest of these structures is the Spines of the Leviathan. My clan sent out one of our adventurers there weeks ago. He has not returned. We have heard nothing from him. And, there is a map concealed within that structure. That map is of extreme importance to us and you, and to the fate of this immediate area. If you can retrieve that map and find out what happened to our scout, you will have found two very valuable pieces of information. If you can bring one or both of them back to us, then hopefully you will be able to explore more of these structures. The Spines of the Leviathan are [i]extremely dangerous.[/i] No dragon has gone there and come back. There may be riches within, that is true. You. may keep what you find. But do not, [i]do not[/i] get killed. The Spines of the Leviathan is a day’s flight due west of here. My name is Albatross, ask for me at the seashell stall outside. [i]Am I clear? Map, scout. Find them, bring them back to me as soon as possible. I will be here. Do not die. Go.”[/i][/columns] And, he disappears.
14ce2yw.png
The moon is high tonight, shining like a silver coin underwater. The smell of salt drifts on a cool breeze, wafting into the room.
After a long day’s flight, you’ve arrived at Tidechaser, a city built almost entirely on stilts set among the water, raising most buildings a few feet above the waves. Structures are connected only by boat rides. From what you’ve heard of the place, a good amount of the city is underwater, accessible only to dragons of the Water flight. Though for now, you’re standing on a pier, waiting for the rest of your companions to arrive.
The last dragon arrives with a thump, his talons sliding a bit on the sea-soaked wood.

37383228.png
”Mmh, I hate how this city is built, I’ll never get used to the sheer slipperiness, grumble grumble-
Are you the ones who we hired to investigate the Spines? Yes? Excellent, follow me.”

Without any more comment, the dragon turns around and begins to head up the pier, towards a marketplace that is quite busy, despite the late hour. The group of dragons follow behind him, frantically trying not to lose him in the crows of shouting, jostling dragons.
He slips between two stalls, one selling seashells and the other, bottles of acid. The dragon finally stops at a doorway, pausing to let you catch up, then leads you inside.
This is an inn he’s led you to. It’s not nearly as busy as the marketplace outside, and the air smells pleasantly of seafood. The dragon sits you all down around a large round table in the corner of the inn’s foyer, leans in, and begins to speak quickly and urgently.

37383228.png
”I don’t have a lot of time, so I’ll be quick. You must have noticed the anomalies going on around here. New structures appearing on the horizon, growing straight out of the sea where nothing was before. The increase in sea-dwelling beasts. How the water darkens and roils in the wake of our boats. These are not normal, and they need to be stopped.
The closest of these structures is the Spines of the Leviathan. My clan sent out one of our adventurers there weeks ago. He has not returned. We have heard nothing from him. And, there is a map concealed within that structure. That map is of extreme importance to us and you, and to the fate of this immediate area. If you can retrieve that map and find out what happened to our scout, you will have found two very valuable pieces of information. If you can bring one or both of them back to us, then hopefully you will be able to explore more of these structures.
The Spines of the Leviathan are extremely dangerous. No dragon has gone there and come back. There may be riches within, that is true. You. may keep what you find. But do not, do not get killed.
The Spines of the Leviathan is a day’s flight due west of here. My name is Albatross, ask for me at the seashell stall outside.
Am I clear? Map, scout. Find them, bring them back to me as soon as possible. I will be here. Do not die. Go.”

And, he disappears.
Clan Lore
The Coatl twins had followed the Nocturne, and were a bit bewildered when the dragon left suddenly.

"I bet we'll be able to find both the map and the scout! As a warrior, I doubt some watery place would pose any danger," Enyo spoke.
Iaso recognized her tone and body language, even while hiding behind her older twin sister as usual. When she was this confident, usually she'll do something foolhardy and get herself hurt.
"We should wait to hear what the other dragons say, you know, just in case we're going to decide on a plan," Iaso said, her tone more gentle and timid than Enyo's confident voice.
The Coatl twins had followed the Nocturne, and were a bit bewildered when the dragon left suddenly.

"I bet we'll be able to find both the map and the scout! As a warrior, I doubt some watery place would pose any danger," Enyo spoke.
Iaso recognized her tone and body language, even while hiding behind her older twin sister as usual. When she was this confident, usually she'll do something foolhardy and get herself hurt.
"We should wait to hear what the other dragons say, you know, just in case we're going to decide on a plan," Iaso said, her tone more gentle and timid than Enyo's confident voice.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
“Well, how would we even find the spines? I doubt any of us know much about them,” the dark imperial states.
“We can’t do anything unless we know where to start.”
“Well, how would we even find the spines? I doubt any of us know much about them,” the dark imperial states.
“We can’t do anything unless we know where to start.”
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37745133] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/377452/37745133.png[/img] [/url][/center] Tenebris had seen a lot of strange things in his lifetimes. He wasn't about to be scared- or impressed- by the sudden disappearance of the Nocturne he had followed. The other dragons appeared to be debating how to handle this mission. Tenebris said nothing however. He sat at the table with the others, but he didn't join their conversations. He kept silent for now, seeing no reason to speak. He sat in silence, examining his talon with a bored expression. Other dragons tended to overlook him, forget he was there. He hoped that would happen now so he didn't have to socialize. Socializing didn't usually end well. Usually he got yelled at. Sometimes he had to make a hasty escape or fight for his life. It wasn't his fault. Well, it was kind of his fault. He had made some mistakes, but he was atoning now. That's why he chose to go on this mission. He knew he could save countless lives if he solved the mystery of these 'Spines'. And he was determined to succeed, no matter the cost.
Tenebris had seen a lot of strange things in his lifetimes. He wasn't about to be scared- or impressed- by the sudden disappearance of the Nocturne he had followed.
The other dragons appeared to be debating how to handle this mission. Tenebris said nothing however. He sat at the table with the others, but he didn't join their conversations. He kept silent for now, seeing no reason to speak.
He sat in silence, examining his talon with a bored expression. Other dragons tended to overlook him, forget he was there. He hoped that would happen now so he didn't have to socialize. Socializing didn't usually end well. Usually he got yelled at. Sometimes he had to make a hasty escape or fight for his life.
It wasn't his fault. Well, it was kind of his fault. He had made some mistakes, but he was atoning now. That's why he chose to go on this mission. He knew he could save countless lives if he solved the mystery of these 'Spines'. And he was determined to succeed, no matter the cost.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lux knew that it would take quite a while for the party to figure out what to do by themselves, unless someone made a request.
“Shall we go find the Spines?”
Lux knew that it would take quite a while for the party to figure out what to do by themselves, unless someone made a request.
“Shall we go find the Spines?”
Nyx looked at the other dragons. They would have to voice their opinion some time and a question was just asked. They would gladly answer that then think on how the Nocturne had disappeared, Nyx would rather not stress their mind on a simple question.

"I would think that would be the best option."
Nyx looked at the other dragons. They would have to voice their opinion some time and a question was just asked. They would gladly answer that then think on how the Nocturne had disappeared, Nyx would rather not stress their mind on a simple question.

"I would think that would be the best option."
"They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"
(Aura is green and Sariel is blue)

Aura didn't like the fact that there was to many risks in this contract. Sure, he's done deadlier things in his lifetime but he still had an uncertain feeling in his gut. Not to mention that he was doing this with a group of dragons that he just met and the only other dragon in the room that he knew was Sariel an amateur Sorcerer; the odds seemed stacked. This however won't stop him from receiving that loot that was promised.

"If you don't mind me suggesting I think the more time we spend here the longer we are delayed from our treasure."

Oh, this will be interesting.

--

This is extraordinary Sariel was going to be working with new dragons and not to mention Aura. Sariel was just filled with joy he was going to discover a surplus of knowledge from this adventure. No to mention he could somehow find a way to swoon Aura everything was just splendid. He couldn't wait to begin.

"I agree with Aura, we should positively get going we wouldn't want to delay any new discoveries!"

Sariel looked at Aura beaming with excitement he would do anything for the pirate captain.
(Aura is green and Sariel is blue)

Aura didn't like the fact that there was to many risks in this contract. Sure, he's done deadlier things in his lifetime but he still had an uncertain feeling in his gut. Not to mention that he was doing this with a group of dragons that he just met and the only other dragon in the room that he knew was Sariel an amateur Sorcerer; the odds seemed stacked. This however won't stop him from receiving that loot that was promised.

"If you don't mind me suggesting I think the more time we spend here the longer we are delayed from our treasure."

Oh, this will be interesting.

--

This is extraordinary Sariel was going to be working with new dragons and not to mention Aura. Sariel was just filled with joy he was going to discover a surplus of knowledge from this adventure. No to mention he could somehow find a way to swoon Aura everything was just splendid. He couldn't wait to begin.

"I agree with Aura, we should positively get going we wouldn't want to delay any new discoveries!"

Sariel looked at Aura beaming with excitement he would do anything for the pirate captain.
BetaArt is gay is the most discussed in the media in the few years ago. Even it has happened in 2012, but some of the public still curious about what is exactly happening and to be the reason there is a rumor comes out about his gay. At that time he became the massive FR rumor. The public, especially his fans are shocked. He just came out with his lore which is spread massively. This time is not about his art career, but his lore. The lore is out of standardize of hoax, according the last reported this FR user revealed himself as homosexual.
"Yeah, let's head over to the Spines!"
"Enyo, do you think we're ready to go there...?" Iaso said.
"Of course! We have a full group of dragons here, don't we?"
"Yeah, let's head over to the Spines!"
"Enyo, do you think we're ready to go there...?" Iaso said.
"Of course! We have a full group of dragons here, don't we?"
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=39&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=4&gender=0&tert=71&tertgene=14&winggene=12&wings=31&auth=43ecfcd7bd1549e5368e86305b66cec33e248f7f&dummyext=prev.png

Ever the curious thing Noux waddles over to the space that their vanished host once occupied. He Rapidly swipes his claws threw the space. After all it was Possible he was merely invisible and did not teleport at all.
After that outcome becomes what it may. Noux takes a deep breath and turns.

Turning himself a Bright Red, the little drake flies up high enough even for the many Imperials to see, and he address the group.

"Hello!!! May I have your Attentions my fellow Dragons. I wanted to bring some things to light and perhaps make a few suggestions moving forward!" The Nocturn's voice is boyishly high and rather chime like, he's Young it's easy to tell.

"We are in an INN are we not? Inns are and Excellent place to find Information. ALSO this city apparently is dealing with these Issues as we speak, meaning Lots of People probably know about the Spines, even if it's just Rumor. We can always find a map at a vendor and then go around.

We also Need to address some important points before we go charging off. Or At least I Do. You see I was not expecting to going harrying off after a tidal Terror of THIS level. We will need to get Supplies as well as information and take a Vote.
A few things of concern are When We should leave, Who needs to get What. Or maybe everyone has everything? We will need to by Ratios as this seems like a more then one day sort of Deal. WE should also talk to each other about our skill sets because apparently this thing CAN kill us so we will need to understand what we all do best to be Ready! Maybe a Buddy system so that no ones get's Lost and so that the most effective people are near each other and can begin learning how to work together!
Lastly. We should probably divided up into Groups and scour the city and such for information and resources we as a Group are going to need. You Heard Albatross. This is DANGEROUS, let's not go in Blind."

With this last word the Nocturne flap flaps still high in the air for a good bit. "I am going to Book a room after all this. It's not a one day rush and done sort of thing I don't think." Comes the final rather soft, slightly ragged reply.
The Nocturne begins to descend and couch a couple times. Not used to such spot light.
http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=39&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=4&gender=0&tert=71&tertgene=14&winggene=12&wings=31&auth=43ecfcd7bd1549e5368e86305b66cec33e248f7f&dummyext=prev.png

Ever the curious thing Noux waddles over to the space that their vanished host once occupied. He Rapidly swipes his claws threw the space. After all it was Possible he was merely invisible and did not teleport at all.
After that outcome becomes what it may. Noux takes a deep breath and turns.

Turning himself a Bright Red, the little drake flies up high enough even for the many Imperials to see, and he address the group.

"Hello!!! May I have your Attentions my fellow Dragons. I wanted to bring some things to light and perhaps make a few suggestions moving forward!" The Nocturn's voice is boyishly high and rather chime like, he's Young it's easy to tell.

"We are in an INN are we not? Inns are and Excellent place to find Information. ALSO this city apparently is dealing with these Issues as we speak, meaning Lots of People probably know about the Spines, even if it's just Rumor. We can always find a map at a vendor and then go around.

We also Need to address some important points before we go charging off. Or At least I Do. You see I was not expecting to going harrying off after a tidal Terror of THIS level. We will need to get Supplies as well as information and take a Vote.
A few things of concern are When We should leave, Who needs to get What. Or maybe everyone has everything? We will need to by Ratios as this seems like a more then one day sort of Deal. WE should also talk to each other about our skill sets because apparently this thing CAN kill us so we will need to understand what we all do best to be Ready! Maybe a Buddy system so that no ones get's Lost and so that the most effective people are near each other and can begin learning how to work together!
Lastly. We should probably divided up into Groups and scour the city and such for information and resources we as a Group are going to need. You Heard Albatross. This is DANGEROUS, let's not go in Blind."

With this last word the Nocturne flap flaps still high in the air for a good bit. "I am going to Book a room after all this. It's not a one day rush and done sort of thing I don't think." Comes the final rather soft, slightly ragged reply.
The Nocturne begins to descend and couch a couple times. Not used to such spot light.
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
Tenebris stood up. A frigid air seemed to follow him as he stepped back from the table and paced in a circle. He paused, spreading his wings and turning to address the crowd.
"I agree with the Nocturne." He mused, his voice slightly raspy as if he hadn't spoken in a long time. "Rushing into a mission could get you all killed. We know nothing about the Spines, nothing about our mission other than how dangerous it is. We don't even know where the Spines is. We are currently on the 'information gathering' phase of this mission. We are in no way ready to charge into the Spines."
With that, he sat back down, his bright green eyes glowing faintly as he studied each dragon.
Tenebris stood up. A frigid air seemed to follow him as he stepped back from the table and paced in a circle. He paused, spreading his wings and turning to address the crowd.
"I agree with the Nocturne." He mused, his voice slightly raspy as if he hadn't spoken in a long time. "Rushing into a mission could get you all killed. We know nothing about the Spines, nothing about our mission other than how dangerous it is. We don't even know where the Spines is. We are currently on the 'information gathering' phase of this mission. We are in no way ready to charge into the Spines."
With that, he sat back down, his bright green eyes glowing faintly as he studied each dragon.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
1 2 3 4