Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [private] Family Reunion
1 2
In honor of this months's festival, the family reunion will be held in the Earth territory in the Greatwyrm's Breach.
The mighty break in the eggshell-shaped mountain range surrounding the Pillar, named for its visual allusion to the hatching of a new-born dragon. It is said that the gorge reaching westward towards the sea housed the first clans, and the intricate series of networked caverns that dot it support this claim. A storied realm for dragonkind, many of the old lairs here are known for their murals and cave-paintings telling of the ancient feats performed by the Elemental Gods in the shaping of the world.

All members are required to bring
Themselves - Officially registered Buzzards only
A side dish of their choosing - come up with your take on a classic holiday side dish
Paint - We are taking over an abandoned lair and letting our members 'paint out' stories or scenes on the blank walls.
In honor of this months's festival, the family reunion will be held in the Earth territory in the Greatwyrm's Breach.
The mighty break in the eggshell-shaped mountain range surrounding the Pillar, named for its visual allusion to the hatching of a new-born dragon. It is said that the gorge reaching westward towards the sea housed the first clans, and the intricate series of networked caverns that dot it support this claim. A storied realm for dragonkind, many of the old lairs here are known for their murals and cave-paintings telling of the ancient feats performed by the Elemental Gods in the shaping of the world.

All members are required to bring
Themselves - Officially registered Buzzards only
A side dish of their choosing - come up with your take on a classic holiday side dish
Paint - We are taking over an abandoned lair and letting our members 'paint out' stories or scenes on the blank walls.
Poker-cards-artistic-1.jpg
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34613656] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/346137/34613656_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34523677] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/345237/34523677_350.png[/img] [/url] ----------------------------------------------------------- Najid and Ramla knew that not everyone would be able to make it this year. Everyone had their own lives, their own desires. Some were out to war, others seeking knowledge, and some would care not to see them. The power couple landed within the Breach and found the abandoned lair they had claimed for this event. A deep reaching cave, large enough to easily accommodate their event. Blank walls of rock, smoothed out by unknown once occupants and the winds. Najid walked up and down the tunnel, running his claw softly along it. [i]Perfectly smooth.[/i] [b]"Do you think this was a good idea?" [/b]Najid stopped halfway down the tunnel, turning around to look at his mate whom still stood at the entrance. Ramla had settled herself near the cave's entrance, held held high and tilted. The smallest of noises echoed across the breach, bouncing off of the ledges and walls. [b]"Yes, they will like it. I am sure."[/b] She spoke in an even tone, not having to turn her head. Well, it would not have done her any good, for you see, she was blind. A cloth covered her eyes, but her senses were keen. The imperial female smiled as she heard her mate fuss about the tunnel, moving around smooth larger rocks to create a makeshift table. He may have seemed intimidating and rather aggressive, but when it came to the pack he was a rather caring man. A delicious scent, [i]roasted fire lizards[/i], wavered through the air as it was placed on the table. Ramla herself took out the jars of paint they brought from her hidden pouch, placing them along the wall next to her. Wouldn't want to mix them up with a would be food. Ramla kept herself near the entrance of the lair as she kept an ear out for the others while Najid spent his time sweeping aside rocks and checking to make sure no bats resided within.

34613656_350.png

34523677_350.png

Najid and Ramla knew that not everyone would be able to make it this year. Everyone had their own lives, their own desires. Some were out to war, others seeking knowledge, and some would care not to see them. The power couple landed within the Breach and found the abandoned lair they had claimed for this event. A deep reaching cave, large enough to easily accommodate their event. Blank walls of rock, smoothed out by unknown once occupants and the winds. Najid walked up and down the tunnel, running his claw softly along it. Perfectly smooth.

"Do you think this was a good idea?" Najid stopped halfway down the tunnel, turning around to look at his mate whom still stood at the entrance. Ramla had settled herself near the cave's entrance, held held high and tilted. The smallest of noises echoed across the breach, bouncing off of the ledges and walls.

"Yes, they will like it. I am sure." She spoke in an even tone, not having to turn her head. Well, it would not have done her any good, for you see, she was blind. A cloth covered her eyes, but her senses were keen. The imperial female smiled as she heard her mate fuss about the tunnel, moving around smooth larger rocks to create a makeshift table. He may have seemed intimidating and rather aggressive, but when it came to the pack he was a rather caring man. A delicious scent, roasted fire lizards, wavered through the air as it was placed on the table.

Ramla herself took out the jars of paint they brought from her hidden pouch, placing them along the wall next to her. Wouldn't want to mix them up with a would be food. Ramla kept herself near the entrance of the lair as she kept an ear out for the others while Najid spent his time sweeping aside rocks and checking to make sure no bats resided within.

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37013069] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/370131/37013069_350.png[/img] [/url] Surebu crept towards the cave, already regretting his journey. How had his lair convinced him to come? Oh right, they had said he might see his old friends. The chance was low that they were alive, but he would never forgive himself if he didn't at least try to reconnect with them. So here he was, clutching a salad and some teal paint, walking to where his old masters were probably waiting. He shuddered, and had to take a minute to compose himself. Soon, he spotted the cave where the event would be held. He darted in, placed down his food and paint in the appropriate areas, and tried to slip into the shadows. That would be hard, though, considering he was the only guest at the time. @CrowDazzle do I ping you?

37013069_350.png

Surebu crept towards the cave, already regretting his journey. How had his lair convinced him to come? Oh right, they had said he might see his old friends. The chance was low that they were alive, but he would never forgive himself if he didn't at least try to reconnect with them. So here he was, clutching a salad and some teal paint, walking to where his old masters were probably waiting. He shuddered, and had to take a minute to compose himself. Soon, he spotted the cave where the event would be held. He darted in, placed down his food and paint in the appropriate areas, and tried to slip into the shadows. That would be hard, though, considering he was the only guest at the time.

@CrowDazzle do I ping you?
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34613656] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/346137/34613656_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34523677] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/345237/34523677_350.png[/img] [/url] -------------------------------------------------------- Ramla was the first to hear the flutter of wings. Najid was still further back, unaware of the quick little creature until he caught a flash of something out of the corner of his eye. The female imperial said nothing, able to smell he fear, and something else...[i]dirt[/i]? It was old, but there, embedded in the skydancer so deep he would never truly get rid of it. It was Najid who spoke first, seeming to recognize the fleeting little thing. [b]"I don't believe it. The little [i]Runaway[/i]."[/b] A small grin, one with a hint of teeth, peeked out from behind Najid's maw. If anything, he seemed amused rather than angry or surprised. "[b]You know, my men asked if they should go after you. I said [i]'Let him go',[/i] you were far too weak to be of any more use to us. Tell me, how is freedom?" [/b] He was about to approach the scared skydancer, seeming to take joy in causing it. That is until he was stopped by a cough from the female imperial that echoed down the tunnel. Despite having no eyes, he could feel her glare burning through him like a hot iron. [b]"Najid, this is a reunion, not an interrogation. Leave the poor boy alone, besides, he was always good to the children. I'm sure they would hate it to see you intimidating an old Hive member."[/b] Najid rolled his eyes at her words, but he did give a small snap in the skydancer's direction, just to get that small little bit last fear out before he went to the paints. [b]"Ignore him, come here."[/b] Ramla patted the spot next to her on the ledge of the tunnel, facing out towards the gorge. Najid ignored both of them, instead focusing on painting out something on the wall.

34613656_350.png

34523677_350.png

Ramla was the first to hear the flutter of wings. Najid was still further back, unaware of the quick little creature until he caught a flash of something out of the corner of his eye. The female imperial said nothing, able to smell he fear, and something else...dirt? It was old, but there, embedded in the skydancer so deep he would never truly get rid of it. It was Najid who spoke first, seeming to recognize the fleeting little thing.

"I don't believe it. The little Runaway." A small grin, one with a hint of teeth, peeked out from behind Najid's maw. If anything, he seemed amused rather than angry or surprised. "You know, my men asked if they should go after you. I said 'Let him go', you were far too weak to be of any more use to us. Tell me, how is freedom?" He was about to approach the scared skydancer, seeming to take joy in causing it. That is until he was stopped by a cough from the female imperial that echoed down the tunnel. Despite having no eyes, he could feel her glare burning through him like a hot iron.

"Najid, this is a reunion, not an interrogation. Leave the poor boy alone, besides, he was always good to the children. I'm sure they would hate it to see you intimidating an old Hive member." Najid rolled his eyes at her words, but he did give a small snap in the skydancer's direction, just to get that small little bit last fear out before he went to the paints.

"Ignore him, come here." Ramla patted the spot next to her on the ledge of the tunnel, facing out towards the gorge. Najid ignored both of them, instead focusing on painting out something on the wall.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37013069] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/370131/37013069_350.png[/img] [/url] Surebu flinched as Najid addressed him, but his eyes hardened into a cold hate. He would have expected better of one of the leaders, but he supposed this was just the Buzzard way. Why had he come?! If his friends had stayed, he didn't want to see them tainted by this plague of a mindset. [b]"I hardly call it freedom,"[/b] He growled. It wasn't like he had ever really escaped his life of fear and captivity. He was suprised the imp seemed to think he would be offended by the implication that he was to weal to be worth chasing. He didn't care what condition he had been in! At least the female tried to be polite. His fear returned as she beckoned him, but he walked hesitantly over, sitting just out of the dragon's reach.

37013069_350.png

Surebu flinched as Najid addressed him, but his eyes hardened into a cold hate. He would have expected better of one of the leaders, but he supposed this was just the Buzzard way. Why had he come?! If his friends had stayed, he didn't want to see them tainted by this plague of a mindset. "I hardly call it freedom," He growled. It wasn't like he had ever really escaped his life of fear and captivity. He was suprised the imp seemed to think he would be offended by the implication that he was to weal to be worth chasing. He didn't care what condition he had been in!

At least the female tried to be polite. His fear returned as she beckoned him, but he walked hesitantly over, sitting just out of the dragon's reach.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34776628] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/347767/34776628_350.png[/img] [/url] Dyssodia perched on the top of the Breach, peering down into the eggshell-shaped canyon. Dang, that was a long way down. The Wildclaw readjusted her grip on the small basket in her hands, her claws scraping against the rough rocks that made up the walls of the trench. Welp, best to go down there and face whatever was going to happen. It was unpredictable what the Buzzard reunions were going to be like. The female landed rather unceremoniously, watching as Najid was practically tearing Suberu's confidence apart. Yikes, don't get into that. The Wildclaw avoided whatever was going on there, instead deciding to just acknowledge the group before quickly going over to where the food and paint was set. Dyssodia set down the basket of food and paints, pulling out the food and paint to set them with their companions. She could tell that this was going to be...interesting.[/center]

34776628_350.png

Dyssodia perched on the top of the Breach, peering down into the eggshell-shaped canyon. Dang, that was a long way down. The Wildclaw readjusted her grip on the small basket in her hands, her claws scraping against the rough rocks that made up the walls of the trench. Welp, best to go down there and face whatever was going to happen. It was unpredictable what the Buzzard reunions were going to be like.
The female landed rather unceremoniously, watching as Najid was practically tearing Suberu's confidence apart. Yikes, don't get into that. The Wildclaw avoided whatever was going on there,
instead deciding to just acknowledge the group before quickly going over to where the food and paint was set. Dyssodia set down the basket of food and paints, pulling out the food and paint to set them with their companions. She could tell that this was going to be...interesting.
tumblr_inline_n7ei59fd7u1rg0g8s.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37013069] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/370131/37013069_350.png[/img] [/url] Suberu glanced warily at the new arrival, almost relieved it wasn't one of his old friends. He shifted uncomfortably, wishing more and more that he hadn't come. But he had, and he doubted he would be allowed to leave now, especially if Najid had a say in it. He just hoped that he could leave when the event was over. [b]"Hello."[/b] He said cautiously to the wildclaw. He needed something to occupy his mind, and a conversation would work nicely. Hopefully she wasn't as bad as Najid.

37013069_350.png

Suberu glanced warily at the new arrival, almost relieved it wasn't one of his old friends. He shifted uncomfortably, wishing more and more that he hadn't come. But he had, and he doubted he would be allowed to leave now, especially if Najid had a say in it. He just hoped that he could leave when the event was over. "Hello." He said cautiously to the wildclaw. He needed something to occupy his mind, and a conversation would work nicely. Hopefully she wasn't as bad as Najid.
[center]@CrowDazzle @DragonWarrior333 Do I ping you guys btw or is this a subscribed thread? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35470582] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/354706/35470582_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=57650&did=37012386][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=36432831&skin=23992&apparel=1751,20836,6705,2504,23022,14887,13080,15749,1094,15692,15725&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Two imperials materialize from the horizon, one dwarfing the other one considerably. Heat waves distorte their forms but it was all too easy to hear their bickering; something about having manners and not getting into fights, ironically. A sister and a brother. Approaching close enough to be recognized, Citra let out a squeal of delight seeing the cave's maul. So much so she almost tangled herself in her older brother's feet to get ahead of him. Citra took it as a personal insult, she would [i]NEVER[/i] make such a silly mistake, and nipped at his feet as payback. Naturally, when she was satisfied that her dignity was restored, she left her oh- so- dutiful brother to carry everything: a cherry red paint bucket, a sky blue paint bucket, and a freshly killed boar for ham. He simply shook his head and watched her scamper away. Thank the Gods her teeth aren't fully grown in yet. * "Ramla...." She lowered herself to her knees in submission as soon as she was close enough, gazing toward the ground in respect. Citra knew the imperial was blind but did not dare take the risk of insulting her. "Lone Nighbuckler of the Buzzards." Her voice quivered, whether that be out of awe or fear, when she addressed Ramia by her rightful title. Even her softie of a brother wasn't daft enough to exclude tales of their parents' power when she was a wee hatchling. Needless to say she was a little starstruck. That is, til her eyes wandered to the small, ghost-like skydancer. "Who are you?" Her respectful tone was wiped clean, replaced with a sneer. Her eyes narrowed to red slits, twinkling with malice and mischief. He looked to nervous- who is he? Her teeth were already bared, tiny needles just looking to find a new home. How [i]DARE[/i] he have the [i]AUDACITY[/i] to [i]SIT[/i] next to the Nighbuckler. * Thankfully, Icarus easily walked the distance Citra covered moments before with his longer strides and [s]shoved[/s][i] pushed[/i] Citra forward into the cave ungracefully with a flick of his arm to spare the skydancer of his younger sister's hazing. "Stop that." His eyes crinkled underneath the worn bamboo hat, a gentle smile appearing, "Ah- forgive my little sister, she has... a temper." "I do not!" She spat, flashing her teeth. Icarus seemed unimpressed by her show of intimidation. Probably because she is 13M in length and he is almost 31M. Go figure. "It is very nice to meet you.... skydancer. I am Icarus. This is Citra." "Now Citra-" He scolded quietly, his voice barely above a whisper, "-we talked about being nicer. This is your family. Take the boar to father." Citra seemed to want to say more but stopped herself, fully realizing that Ramia was nearby. She COULD not, WOULD not make a fool out of herself in front of her. [/center]
@CrowDazzle @DragonWarrior333 Do I ping you guys btw or is this a subscribed thread?

35470582_350.png

dragon?did=36432831&skin=23992&apparel=1751,20836,6705,2504,23022,14887,13080,15749,1094,15692,15725&xt=dressing.png
Two imperials materialize from the horizon, one dwarfing the other one considerably. Heat waves distorte their forms but it was all too easy to hear their bickering; something about having manners and not getting into fights, ironically.

A sister and a brother.

Approaching close enough to be recognized, Citra let out a squeal of delight seeing the cave's maul. So much so she almost tangled herself in her older brother's feet to get ahead of him. Citra took it as a personal insult, she would NEVER make such a silly mistake, and nipped at his feet as payback. Naturally, when she was satisfied that her dignity was restored, she left her oh- so- dutiful brother to carry everything: a cherry red paint bucket, a sky blue paint bucket, and a freshly killed boar for ham. He simply shook his head and watched her scamper away. Thank the Gods her teeth aren't fully grown in yet.

"Ramla...." She lowered herself to her knees in submission as soon as she was close enough, gazing toward the ground in respect. Citra knew the imperial was blind but did not dare take the risk of insulting her. "Lone Nighbuckler of the Buzzards."

Her voice quivered, whether that be out of awe or fear, when she addressed Ramia by her rightful title. Even her softie of a brother wasn't daft enough to exclude tales of their parents' power when she was a wee hatchling. Needless to say she was a little starstruck. That is, til her eyes wandered to the small, ghost-like skydancer.

"Who are you?" Her respectful tone was wiped clean, replaced with a sneer. Her eyes narrowed to red slits, twinkling with malice and mischief. He looked to nervous- who is he? Her teeth were already bared, tiny needles just looking to find a new home. How DARE he have the AUDACITY to SIT next to the Nighbuckler.

Thankfully, Icarus easily walked the distance Citra covered moments before with his longer strides and shoved pushed Citra forward into the cave ungracefully with a flick of his arm to spare the skydancer of his younger sister's hazing.

"Stop that."

His eyes crinkled underneath the worn bamboo hat, a gentle smile appearing,

"Ah- forgive my little sister, she has... a temper."

"I do not!" She spat, flashing her teeth. Icarus seemed unimpressed by her show of intimidation. Probably because she is 13M in length and he is almost 31M. Go figure.

"It is very nice to meet you.... skydancer. I am Icarus. This is Citra."

"Now Citra-" He scolded quietly, his voice barely above a whisper, "-we talked about being nicer. This is your family. Take the boar to father."

Citra seemed to want to say more but stopped herself, fully realizing that Ramia was nearby. She COULD not, WOULD not make a fool out of herself in front of her.
((@Cngx We're subbed ^-^)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37013069] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/370131/37013069_350.png[/img] [/url] Suberu sighed as more dragons arrived. He had hoped to get this over with quickly, but the more dragons that arrived, the longer the socializing would last. He observed with curiosity the reverence the new female showed to Ramla. He hadn't known she was considered a god or something! Then, she turned to him, and his annoyance briefly overcame his fear. "Apparently I'm everyone's enemy now. So much for a family reunion. I should have never come!" He grumbled. At least he didn't get in a fight for now. And the male seemed to be genuinely polite, an apparently rare trait among buzzards. "It is nice to meet you to, Icarus. I am Suberu." He flinched, knowing Icarus would recognize the slave name immediately. And now Najid and Ralma knew he had kept his old name. Would they be pleased or think of him as pathetic? They were so predictable.
((@Cngx We're subbed ^-^))

37013069_350.png

Suberu sighed as more dragons arrived. He had hoped to get this over with quickly, but the more dragons that arrived, the longer the socializing would last. He observed with curiosity the reverence the new female showed to Ramla. He hadn't known she was considered a god or something! Then, she turned to him, and his annoyance briefly overcame his fear. "Apparently I'm everyone's enemy now. So much for a family reunion. I should have never come!" He grumbled.

At least he didn't get in a fight for now. And the male seemed to be genuinely polite, an apparently rare trait among buzzards. "It is nice to meet you to, Icarus. I am Suberu." He flinched, knowing Icarus would recognize the slave name immediately. And now Najid and Ralma knew he had kept his old name. Would they be pleased or think of him as pathetic? They were so predictable.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34776628] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/347767/34776628_350.png[/img] [/url] Yikke. Dyssodia was about to chirp out a friendly hello when two Imperials decided to show up. One massive male and one not so massive female, siblings as it seemed. The Wildclaw simply observed with wide eyes as the scene seemed to unravel before her. Suberu obviously wasn’t liked very well amongst some of the Buzzards since he was a former slave. She could wrap her head around that just fine, but why was the female Imperial bowing down to Ramla like she was a deity herself? Dyssodia never would understand the complicated rankings that clans and groups alike shared. She liked to keep to herself and do normal things, like hunt and scavenge. Titles and all of the politics that went along with even the simplest of clans went right in one ear and flew out the other. Dyssodia would come to understand one day, but today was most definitely not today. [/center]

34776628_350.png

Yikke. Dyssodia was about to chirp out a friendly hello when two Imperials decided to show up. One massive male and one not so massive female, siblings as it seemed. The Wildclaw simply observed with wide eyes as the scene seemed to unravel before her. Suberu obviously wasn’t liked very well amongst some of the Buzzards since he was a former slave. She could wrap her head around that just fine, but why was the female Imperial bowing down to Ramla like she was a deity herself? Dyssodia never would understand the complicated rankings that clans and groups alike shared. She liked to keep to herself and do normal things, like hunt and scavenge. Titles and all of the politics that went along with even the simplest of clans went right in one ear and flew out the other. Dyssodia would come to understand one day, but today was most definitely not today.
tumblr_inline_n7ei59fd7u1rg0g8s.gif
1 2