Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [ one x one ] a tail of forever
[center][img]https://imgur.com/iapI3G4.gif[/img] [font=century gothic][b][size=7]A Tail of Forever[/size][/b] ______________________________________________________________________________________ a one on one tail of two dragons traveling from their dimension to earth in order to fulfill their dreams. in her land dragons do not attend school, and for a long time galatea has longed to set foot on school grounds. galatea has decided to live as a human in order to learn about their world and attend school. however, the kind dragon may not have had any idea about how difficult it would actually be to live every day pretending to be human. in his land he is a prince upon his day of true reckoning as king. however, if he were to take the throne he would inherit a great war that has no end in sight. zandaleon would like nothing more than to escape this fate ______________________________________________________________________________________ [b]Mating[/b] As a fun twist on this roleplay, we will be breeding Galatea and Zandaleon (our dragons) every time they kiss or mate within the context of this roleplay. The offspring of our choosing will then be given away, and a link to this roleplay as their lore will be provided with a gif. We hope you enjoy! [ [url=x]click here if you'd like a chance at one of their offspring[/url] ] [b]Major Events[/b] > [b]10/14[/b] : Galatea and Zandaleon first meet. > [b]10/17[/b] : Galatea and Zandaleon first kiss. > [b]10/17[/b] : Galatea and Zandaleon first mating (3 offspring).[/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10093905][img]https://i.imgur.com/EsH0iyA.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33961080][img]https://i.imgur.com/WnV0mwT.png[/img] [/url][/center]
iapI3G4.gif

A Tail of Forever
______________________________________________________________________________________

a one on one tail of two dragons traveling from their dimension to earth in order
to fulfill their dreams. in her land dragons do not attend school, and for a long time
galatea has longed to set foot on school grounds. galatea has decided to live as
a human in order to learn about their world and attend school. however, the kind
dragon may not have had any idea about how difficult it would actually be to live
every day pretending to be human. in his land he is a prince upon his day of true
reckoning as king. however, if he were to take the throne he would inherit a great
war that has no end in sight. zandaleon would like nothing more than to escape
this fate
______________________________________________________________________________________

Mating
As a fun twist on this roleplay, we will be breeding Galatea and Zandaleon (our dragons) every time they kiss or mate within the context of this roleplay. The offspring of our choosing will then be given away, and a link to this roleplay as their lore will be provided with a gif. We hope you enjoy!
[ click here if you'd like a chance at one of their offspring ]

Major Events
> 10/14 : Galatea and Zandaleon first meet.
> 10/17 : Galatea and Zandaleon first kiss.
> 10/17 : Galatea and Zandaleon first mating (3 offspring).

EsH0iyA.pngWnV0mwT.png
fSvLAYL.gif
KWMtHF0.gif
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/oV9UtSW.png[/img][nextcol]Zandaelan strode cross the campus grounds, book in hand at his side. He was on his way to one of his favorite classes: [i]music theory[/i]. It'd be his last course for today. Afternoon rays poured a gentler warmth upon him now that it was later in the day. Although the briskness of autumn did not bother him one bit, he grew to appreciate the sun the colder it grew outside. Its rays shone differently in this world; the skies were more serene as well. He was thankful for that, but felt a little anxious as well. [color=a3a6db][i]I wonder how they're faring.. on the other side.[/i][/color] Curious hues rose to search the heavens above as he speculated on a past life. A hand ascended to trace his lavender locks and clear stray strands from his sight. [color=a3a6db][i]I suppose there's no use in dwelling on.. kingdom matters. Especially since I'm trying to create a more comfortable life for myself. I did come here to get away from it all, didn't I?[/i][/color] he reminded himself, reassuring his desires, selfish as they might seem. Zandaelan nodded lightly to himself. Of course he was doing the right thing. This was his dream after all, and freedom never tasted so sweet. University bells tolled a hollow, calm sound that echoed across the vast school yards. By then, Zandaelan found himself in his appropriate class, midway through his professor's lecture. The lessons never dragged as their instructor taught very enthusiastically. Each action, word and melody she exhumed burned with a passion that amused Zandaelan. He rather enjoyed watching the woman unfold her theories while she made very animated expressions. Today they were practicing on the flute [i]and[/i] apparently there was a new student among them. Their professor felt the need to reintroduce her since she had joined the course a little late. Albeit she did not desire any of her students to be left out! [color=a3a6db][i]Something smells funny about this one.[/i][/color] [/columns]
oV9UtSW.png Zandaelan strode cross the campus grounds, book in hand at his side. He was on his way to one of his favorite classes: music theory. It'd be his last course for today. Afternoon rays poured a gentler warmth upon him now that it was later in the day. Although the briskness of autumn did not bother him one bit, he grew to appreciate the sun the colder it grew outside. Its rays shone differently in this world; the skies were more serene as well. He was thankful for that, but felt a little anxious as well. I wonder how they're faring.. on the other side. Curious hues rose to search the heavens above as he speculated on a past life. A hand ascended to trace his lavender locks and clear stray strands from his sight. I suppose there's no use in dwelling on.. kingdom matters. Especially since I'm trying to create a more comfortable life for myself. I did come here to get away from it all, didn't I? he reminded himself, reassuring his desires, selfish as they might seem. Zandaelan nodded lightly to himself. Of course he was doing the right thing. This was his dream after all, and freedom never tasted so sweet.

University bells tolled a hollow, calm sound that echoed across the vast school yards. By then, Zandaelan found himself in his appropriate class, midway through his professor's lecture. The lessons never dragged as their instructor taught very enthusiastically. Each action, word and melody she exhumed burned with a passion that amused Zandaelan. He rather enjoyed watching the woman unfold her theories while she made very animated expressions. Today they were practicing on the flute and apparently there was a new student among them. Their professor felt the need to reintroduce her since she had joined the course a little late. Albeit she did not desire any of her students to be left out! Something smells funny about this one.
KVrl48s.gif
Soot derg sneezes. - The End
SEVR71o.png
Follow our story~!
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/WUHXRwd.png[/img][nextcol][font=century gothic][center][size=7][b]GALATEA[/b][/size][/font][/center][font=century gothic][size=2][b]WHERE[/b] ? [i]classroom[/i] [color=white]____[/color] [b]MOOD[/b] ? [i]frustrated[/i] [color=white]____[/color] [b]THEME [/b]? [i][url=x]listen[/url][/i][/size] [size=4][i]Music Theory.[/i] Of all classes, Music Theory was certainly not her forte. She had only signed up for the course because she needed an easier elective to fit into her schedule. What's worse, the teacher had the bright idea to introduce her to the class. These things always went one way or another. Either everyone liked you or hated you before they even knew who you were. Today, she looked like a complete mess. Her skirt was torn on her right thigh and she was sure she still had a leaf lingering in her hair. All eyes except for one pair fell upon her as she spoke, [color=#d1b726]"I'm Galatea. Feel free to call me Tea or Gal."[/color] With that said and done she turned to nod at the teacher before taking her seat. As the instructor gave them their instruments and guided them on how to use them, Galatea found herself completely and utterly lost. She knew next to nothing about the flute, and she stared in awe as the students around her played flawlessly. Their sounds filled the room with a melody too sweet. But all was ruined the moment her own lips touched that of the flute. She was an absolute mockery to the instrument. The mismatched sounds that ripped from her part of the room ruined the entire mood. [/size][/font][/columns]
WUHXRwd.png
GALATEA
WHERE ? classroom ____ MOOD ? frustrated ____ THEME ? listen

Music Theory. Of all classes, Music Theory was certainly not her forte. She had only signed up for the course because she needed an easier elective to fit into her schedule. What's worse, the teacher had the bright idea to introduce her to the class. These things always went one way or another. Either everyone liked you or hated you before they even knew who you were. Today, she looked like a complete mess. Her skirt was torn on her right thigh and she was sure she still had a leaf lingering in her hair. All eyes except for one pair fell upon her as she spoke, "I'm Galatea. Feel free to call me Tea or Gal." With that said and done she turned to nod at the teacher before taking her seat.

As the instructor gave them their instruments and guided them on how to use them, Galatea found herself completely and utterly lost. She knew next to nothing about the flute, and she stared in awe as the students around her played flawlessly. Their sounds filled the room with a melody too sweet. But all was ruined the moment her own lips touched that of the flute. She was an absolute mockery to the instrument. The mismatched sounds that ripped from her part of the room ruined the entire mood.
fSvLAYL.gif
KWMtHF0.gif
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/oV9UtSW.png[/img][nextcol][center][size=7][font=autumn][b]Zandaelan[/b][/font][/size][/center] [size=4][font=autumn]Each line he played on the instructor's piano grew more and more difficult to perform due to the discord coming from the far corner of the room, where their new student [i]played[/i]. It sounded as if she wasn't playing a flute, but a stray cat who's tail had been tangled with. Zandaelean felt his shoulders tense with each sour note that struck his ears. [color=a3a6db][i]This is absurd! Not sure.. how much more of this... I can take-[/i][/color] he thought, doing his best to maintain composure, to keep himself together. When he felt that he would shatter like broken glass struck by an acute note. A painful expression played on his face and he squinted, flinching every time she blew into that wretched instrument. How could such a small instrument make such severe sounds? [i]Was anyone else hearing this?[/i] Zandaelean opened an eye as his fingertips danced across the keyboard more warily. His discomfort grew audible in the melody he did his best to preserve. Apparently he wasn't the only one suffering as a spiky-haired lad stood up ever so abruptly. He nearly sent his chair flying backwards. [color=green]"Are you kiddin' me! You expect me to just sit around here, "performing" while this girl makes a mockery of my art?!"[/color] he loudly declared, nearly spitting everywhere, his words laced with malice. Zandaelean stopped playing, his fingers landing heavily on the keyboard. He wasn't happy with the lass either, but he wouldn't let a boy slander her like that. Especially not in this professional setting. Violet hues burned as his brow furrowed precariously. [color=a3a6db]"Shepherd, please find your seat [i]before I help you find it...[/i]"[/color] he began, his voice quiet and loud at the same time as it stirred the silence what surrounded them. [/font] [/size] [/columns]
oV9UtSW.png
Zandaelan
Each line he played on the instructor's piano grew more and more difficult to perform due to the discord coming from the far corner of the room, where their new student played. It sounded as if she wasn't playing a flute, but a stray cat who's tail had been tangled with. Zandaelean felt his shoulders tense with each sour note that struck his ears. This is absurd! Not sure.. how much more of this... I can take- he thought, doing his best to maintain composure, to keep himself together. When he felt that he would shatter like broken glass struck by an acute note. A painful expression played on his face and he squinted, flinching every time she blew into that wretched instrument. How could such a small instrument make such severe sounds? Was anyone else hearing this? Zandaelean opened an eye as his fingertips danced across the keyboard more warily. His discomfort grew audible in the melody he did his best to preserve.

Apparently he wasn't the only one suffering as a spiky-haired lad stood up ever so abruptly. He nearly sent his chair flying backwards. "Are you kiddin' me! You expect me to just sit around here, "performing" while this girl makes a mockery of my art?!" he loudly declared, nearly spitting everywhere, his words laced with malice.

Zandaelean stopped playing, his fingers landing heavily on the keyboard. He wasn't happy with the lass either, but he wouldn't let a boy slander her like that. Especially not in this professional setting. Violet hues burned as his brow furrowed precariously. "Shepherd, please find your seat before I help you find it..." he began, his voice quiet and loud at the same time as it stirred the silence what surrounded them.

KVrl48s.gif
SEVR71o.png
Follow our story~!
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/WUHXRwd.png[/img][nextcol][font=century gothic][center][size=7][b]GALATEA[/b][/size][/font][/center][font=century gothic][size=2][b]WHERE[/b] ? [i]classroom[/i] [color=white]____[/color] [b]MOOD[/b] ? [i]frustrated[/i] [color=white]____[/color] [b]THEME [/b]? [i][url=x]listen[/url][/i][/size] [size=3]She winced when she heard a chair scrape across the ground. Yet, her eyes narrows as the boy let insults fly from his mouth. Where she was from those would have been fighting words. She wasn't trained to play instruments or lollygag in a classroom. Her entire life thus far had been spent studying the art of war. Dragons were powerful, powerful creatures, and she could not say that she had not killed a human before. In fact, every nerve in her body willed her to do just that to the male. It was only the words of another man in the class that brought her back into her own mind. No, she hadn't come here to continue doing what she had before, and she could hear in this man the same ire that had stirred in her. Albeit, he was more eloquent in his wording. She had to do the same. This was a world in which violence was not the answer. Galatea stood from her own chair and addressed the male. [color=#d1b726]"I'm sorry. You're right, Mr. Shepherd. I'm not properly trained in using the flute. Perhaps I should refrain from participating and spend the class studying the notes."[/color] she said this all with an embarrassing hue of red tinging her cheeks. She gave a short bow, and it seemed to quell the boy's anger. For now, he was satisfied with her decision. Before sitting, Galatea shot the boy who had stood up to Shepherd a glance, [color=#d1b726][i]Thank you.[/i][/color] her eyes seemed to say. The class went by uneventfully. It was only after the class that she was surrounded by three girls out in the hallway. She rubbed her temples. [color=#d1b726][i]What now?[/i][/color] It appeared the girls were not all too happy about her choice of attire. The words "hussy" and "harlot" were tossed around freely. [/size][/font][/columns]
WUHXRwd.png
GALATEA
WHERE ? classroom ____ MOOD ? frustrated ____ THEME ? listen

She winced when she heard a chair scrape across the ground. Yet, her eyes narrows as the boy let insults fly from his mouth. Where she was from those would have been fighting words. She wasn't trained to play instruments or lollygag in a classroom. Her entire life thus far had been spent studying the art of war. Dragons were powerful, powerful creatures, and she could not say that she had not killed a human before. In fact, every nerve in her body willed her to do just that to the male. It was only the words of another man in the class that brought her back into her own mind. No, she hadn't come here to continue doing what she had before, and she could hear in this man the same ire that had stirred in her. Albeit, he was more eloquent in his wording.

She had to do the same. This was a world in which violence was not the answer. Galatea stood from her own chair and addressed the male. "I'm sorry. You're right, Mr. Shepherd. I'm not properly trained in using the flute. Perhaps I should refrain from participating and spend the class studying the notes." she said this all with an embarrassing hue of red tinging her cheeks. She gave a short bow, and it seemed to quell the boy's anger. For now, he was satisfied with her decision. Before sitting, Galatea shot the boy who had stood up to Shepherd a glance, Thank you. her eyes seemed to say. The class went by uneventfully. It was only after the class that she was surrounded by three girls out in the hallway. She rubbed her temples. What now? It appeared the girls were not all too happy about her choice of attire. The words "hussy" and "harlot" were tossed around freely.
fSvLAYL.gif
KWMtHF0.gif
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/oV9UtSW.png[/img][nextcol][center][size=7][font=autumn][b]Zandaelan[/b][/font][/size][/center] [size=4][font=autumn]At first, it seemed to Zandaelan as if the new student was speechless to Shepherd's unwarranted offense. On the other hand, Galatea was simply awaiting a moment to speak. She gathered herself together and gave a response that seemed contrastingly mild to the blaze she quelled within her glassy, amber hues. Zandaelan noticed the embers she held at bay. He saw them trickle down into her cheeks, setting them aglow. Galatea might've let Shepherd off the hook, but Zandaelan wouldn't. He wasn't going to set the boy on fire or subdue him with ancient magic -as much as he desired to- for he believed a hearty punch to Shepherd's face might settle his infernal spirits. Zandaelan started to get up, he desired to protest and carry out his resolve when the teacher finally interjected, [color=brown]"I believe that's quite enough!"[/color] her tone and pitch warned that they had struck a nerve, and that she wasn't at all happy with Shepherd's sudden spout of umbrage. Of course, Ms. Ambrosia wasn't going to let it slide, and of course, the entire class would suffer for Shepherd's disruption. The penance? A six-page paper due by the end of next week on Frederic Chopin's works. Zandaelan couldn't wait to give Shepherd a piece of his mind -and well, fist too- after class concluded. Unfortunately for him the imbecile escaped before Zandaelan could get his hands on him. He did however catch Galatea out of the corner of his eye. [color=a3a6db][i]Drama just seems to follow her around, doesn't it...[/i][/color] he thought, weighing potential solutions to end her cycle of trouble in his mind. One way seemed unapparent from the rest and rather bold. It could very well ruin his reputation both as a student and as a prince even though nobody knew of the latter notoriety. Now that sounded like a perfect idea to Zandaelan. What better way to further himself from the throne, he thought, slipping through the girls that crowded Galatea only to press his hand against the wall behind her, then press a kiss of parallel pressure to her pellucid lips. [/font] [/size] [/columns]
oV9UtSW.png
Zandaelan
At first, it seemed to Zandaelan as if the new student was speechless to Shepherd's unwarranted offense. On the other hand, Galatea was simply awaiting a moment to speak. She gathered herself together and gave a response that seemed contrastingly mild to the blaze she quelled within her glassy, amber hues. Zandaelan noticed the embers she held at bay. He saw them trickle down into her cheeks, setting them aglow.

Galatea might've let Shepherd off the hook, but Zandaelan wouldn't. He wasn't going to set the boy on fire or subdue him with ancient magic -as much as he desired to- for he believed a hearty punch to Shepherd's face might settle his infernal spirits. Zandaelan started to get up, he desired to protest and carry out his resolve when the teacher finally interjected, "I believe that's quite enough!" her tone and pitch warned that they had struck a nerve, and that she wasn't at all happy with Shepherd's sudden spout of umbrage. Of course, Ms. Ambrosia wasn't going to let it slide, and of course, the entire class would suffer for Shepherd's disruption. The penance? A six-page paper due by the end of next week on Frederic Chopin's works.

Zandaelan couldn't wait to give Shepherd a piece of his mind -and well, fist too- after class concluded. Unfortunately for him the imbecile escaped before Zandaelan could get his hands on him. He did however catch Galatea out of the corner of his eye. Drama just seems to follow her around, doesn't it... he thought, weighing potential solutions to end her cycle of trouble in his mind. One way seemed unapparent from the rest and rather bold. It could very well ruin his reputation both as a student and as a prince even though nobody knew of the latter notoriety. Now that sounded like a perfect idea to Zandaelan. What better way to further himself from the throne, he thought, slipping through the girls that crowded Galatea only to press his hand against the wall behind her, then press a kiss of parallel pressure to her pellucid lips.

KVrl48s.gif
SEVR71o.png
Follow our story~!
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/WUHXRwd.png[/img][nextcol][font=century gothic][center][size=7][b]GALATEA[/b][/size][/font][/center][font=century gothic][size=2][b]WHERE[/b] ? [i]hallways[/i] [color=white]____[/color] [b]MOOD[/b] ? [i]confused[/i] [color=white]____[/color] [b]THEME [/b]? [i][url=x]listen[/url][/i][/size] [size=3]Through the throng of females berating her she couldn't help but catch his eye. There was something about his gaze that held her as if he was drawing in a moth to his flame. He closed the space between them in no time at all, trapping her like she was a lion's prey. And then he was kissing her, softly at first. Once, twice, until she had a taste and realized she would never have enough and reciprocated his movements. At first there was a hint of confusion in her tense body language, but then he kissed her with a swift gradation of intensity that made her cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world. His kiss was the kind that breaks open the sky. It stole her breath and gave it back again. She didn't even hear the protests of the girl's claiming not to have known the two were dating, or the few saying that he had been snared by her adulterous ways. All she noticed was the loneliness she felt as their lips finally parted. Her once pink lips were now a scandalous shade of red, plump and ravaged from his kiss. The cold air attacked their sensitive surface, and she stared up into his eyes as the haze of lust slowly left her belly. Her mind searched for answers. Was he trying to make things worse for her? No, that couldn't be the case. He had stood up for her in class, too. This was his attempt to get those girl's to leave her alone. So now she was further confused. [color=#d1b726]"Why? You seemed popular among the girls. Now they'll only hate you. Besides they won't believe we're dating. This will only make things worse,"[/color] she said as she cast a sideways glance. Though honestly, she had liked it. [/size][/font][/columns]
WUHXRwd.png
GALATEA
WHERE ? hallways ____ MOOD ? confused ____ THEME ? listen

Through the throng of females berating her she couldn't help but catch his eye. There was something about his gaze that held her as if he was drawing in a moth to his flame. He closed the space between them in no time at all, trapping her like she was a lion's prey. And then he was kissing her, softly at first. Once, twice, until she had a taste and realized she would never have enough and reciprocated his movements. At first there was a hint of confusion in her tense body language, but then he kissed her with a swift gradation of intensity that made her cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world. His kiss was the kind that breaks open the sky. It stole her breath and gave it back again.

She didn't even hear the protests of the girl's claiming not to have known the two were dating, or the few saying that he had been snared by her adulterous ways. All she noticed was the loneliness she felt as their lips finally parted. Her once pink lips were now a scandalous shade of red, plump and ravaged from his kiss. The cold air attacked their sensitive surface, and she stared up into his eyes as the haze of lust slowly left her belly. Her mind searched for answers. Was he trying to make things worse for her? No, that couldn't be the case. He had stood up for her in class, too. This was his attempt to get those girl's to leave her alone.

So now she was further confused. "Why? You seemed popular among the girls. Now they'll only hate you. Besides they won't believe we're dating. This will only make things worse," she said as she cast a sideways glance. Though honestly, she had liked it.
fSvLAYL.gif
KWMtHF0.gif