Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Eaglerider
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
Xandria nodded hearing his acceptance of her apology. She was going to have to make sure to keep her emotions about certain subjects to herself or at least hide them better. This human didn't need to know the story of where she came from, the battle that she had been in, or how she ended up in this world. Not that he would believe her if she did happen to tell him. Half the time she didn't even believe her own story and she was the one who had lived it.

When Richard asked about the plans she simply nodded her head towards the book in her lap. She wasn't usually able to read poetry for long, there were usually too many emotions for her to understand. But this one had been able to keep her attention for a while. There was also the issue of dinner. That would need to be taken care of soon.

The tired expression on the man's face almost made her tell him that he should stay home and rest. But that wasn't her place to speak. If he believed himself well enough to leave then who was she to stop him. Rather than speaking up Xandria stayed silent and watched him walk out the door.

Hearing the motorcycle drive off she tilted her head in thought. Her roommate didn't seem all that terrible.. or even terrible at all. He seemed like someone that she would be able to get along with, or at least she would be able to if she decided to tell him anything about herself. Turning her head away from the window she glanced around the room, her eyes stopped on the door that he had left open. Odd. Though there wasn't much for her to dig through so why even bother.

She flipped through a few pages of the book before losing interest. For some reason it wasn't keeping her attention. Setting the book down on the arm of the couch she stood and stretched her arms above her head, wrapping the blanket around her shoulders.

Stepping over to the window she looked down at the street below for a moment before looking over her shoulder at the door. It seemed safe enough.. Taking a deep breath she allowed her wings to appear from underneath her skin and lay against her back to the backs of her thighs. The process of them appearing was quick enough and practically painless as opposed to the process of hiding them. There was no way for her to stretch them out in the apartment but having them out rather than stuffed into her back made her relax slightly. The blanket also did a well enough job of hiding them that she wasn't worried about being found out.
Xandria nodded hearing his acceptance of her apology. She was going to have to make sure to keep her emotions about certain subjects to herself or at least hide them better. This human didn't need to know the story of where she came from, the battle that she had been in, or how she ended up in this world. Not that he would believe her if she did happen to tell him. Half the time she didn't even believe her own story and she was the one who had lived it.

When Richard asked about the plans she simply nodded her head towards the book in her lap. She wasn't usually able to read poetry for long, there were usually too many emotions for her to understand. But this one had been able to keep her attention for a while. There was also the issue of dinner. That would need to be taken care of soon.

The tired expression on the man's face almost made her tell him that he should stay home and rest. But that wasn't her place to speak. If he believed himself well enough to leave then who was she to stop him. Rather than speaking up Xandria stayed silent and watched him walk out the door.

Hearing the motorcycle drive off she tilted her head in thought. Her roommate didn't seem all that terrible.. or even terrible at all. He seemed like someone that she would be able to get along with, or at least she would be able to if she decided to tell him anything about herself. Turning her head away from the window she glanced around the room, her eyes stopped on the door that he had left open. Odd. Though there wasn't much for her to dig through so why even bother.

She flipped through a few pages of the book before losing interest. For some reason it wasn't keeping her attention. Setting the book down on the arm of the couch she stood and stretched her arms above her head, wrapping the blanket around her shoulders.

Stepping over to the window she looked down at the street below for a moment before looking over her shoulder at the door. It seemed safe enough.. Taking a deep breath she allowed her wings to appear from underneath her skin and lay against her back to the backs of her thighs. The process of them appearing was quick enough and practically painless as opposed to the process of hiding them. There was no way for her to stretch them out in the apartment but having them out rather than stuffed into her back made her relax slightly. The blanket also did a well enough job of hiding them that she wasn't worried about being found out.
(Is a time skip ok? Since he's working for 5 hours?)
(Is a time skip ok? Since he's working for 5 hours?)
(oh yeah, perfectly fine!)
(oh yeah, perfectly fine!)
(Ok :) thought I'd ask before doing it)

After 5 hours of working at the docks he rides his motorcycle to the apartment, he briefly thought he saw a woman in a lace dress go down an alley than emerge with another woman in a lace dress but he shook it off as fatigue. He found it odd because the woman who originally went down the alley before the lace dressed one, was wearing jeans and a long shirt. He shrugs it off though. The engine rumbled as he pulled into the apartment complex and turned it off looking up at the building that was now home. He hasn't eaten yet today and he could hear his stomach growl.

He went up the stairs to the floor that he and Xandria shared rooms with and began walking to the room. He had taken off his helmet already and was holding it where the visor protects his face. He took out his keys and began trying to unlock the door. Dropping them once from exhaustion before eventually unlocking it and walking inside.

"Hey Xandria." He says. He looked worse than earlier... his eyes look out of focus and it was clear he was exhausted. He did a lot of work it would seem... he looked around briefly. "Did you finish your book while I was gone?" He asks genuinely curious despite his fatigue. He didn't buy anything as his shift ended in the dead of night. He yawns a little wondering what Xandria did while he was gone.

He blinked and rubbed hie eyes trying to stay awake. Did she read the whole time he was gone? He ended up walking past her on the couch and dropped his helmet in his room. He hung on the wall for awhile as if he were off balance. He hoped she wouldn't think he was sick. He had been like this before. Completely drained of energy from a long day of work. Checking cargo, using cranes, etc. His next job could be construction... another 5 hour shift. But he would bring in more money for them both if he did. Problem was, would that be healthy if he already looks so drained?

Even if she told him to rest he would get another job or go work. He wasn't one to make matters worse and would most likely go to work regardless... but he drives this tired? He could be putting himself into danger.. without thinking. Even coming back he seemed to care for her over himself. He made sure he didn't stain the carpet, go in her room, or even leave his belongings out. He didn't even notice Jr left the door to his room open, though he closed the door to the apartment itself both on the way out and returning.
(Ok :) thought I'd ask before doing it)

After 5 hours of working at the docks he rides his motorcycle to the apartment, he briefly thought he saw a woman in a lace dress go down an alley than emerge with another woman in a lace dress but he shook it off as fatigue. He found it odd because the woman who originally went down the alley before the lace dressed one, was wearing jeans and a long shirt. He shrugs it off though. The engine rumbled as he pulled into the apartment complex and turned it off looking up at the building that was now home. He hasn't eaten yet today and he could hear his stomach growl.

He went up the stairs to the floor that he and Xandria shared rooms with and began walking to the room. He had taken off his helmet already and was holding it where the visor protects his face. He took out his keys and began trying to unlock the door. Dropping them once from exhaustion before eventually unlocking it and walking inside.

"Hey Xandria." He says. He looked worse than earlier... his eyes look out of focus and it was clear he was exhausted. He did a lot of work it would seem... he looked around briefly. "Did you finish your book while I was gone?" He asks genuinely curious despite his fatigue. He didn't buy anything as his shift ended in the dead of night. He yawns a little wondering what Xandria did while he was gone.

He blinked and rubbed hie eyes trying to stay awake. Did she read the whole time he was gone? He ended up walking past her on the couch and dropped his helmet in his room. He hung on the wall for awhile as if he were off balance. He hoped she wouldn't think he was sick. He had been like this before. Completely drained of energy from a long day of work. Checking cargo, using cranes, etc. His next job could be construction... another 5 hour shift. But he would bring in more money for them both if he did. Problem was, would that be healthy if he already looks so drained?

Even if she told him to rest he would get another job or go work. He wasn't one to make matters worse and would most likely go to work regardless... but he drives this tired? He could be putting himself into danger.. without thinking. Even coming back he seemed to care for her over himself. He made sure he didn't stain the carpet, go in her room, or even leave his belongings out. He didn't even notice Jr left the door to his room open, though he closed the door to the apartment itself both on the way out and returning.
When she heard the unmistakable sound of a motorcycle Xandria quickly glanced at the page of the book to remember the number and shut it before tossing it onto the small table in front of the couch. While her roommate had been gone she had ordered food for dinner from the usual place and as usual she had ended up with way too much due to some accident on the restaurant's end. Or hadn't it been an accident?

When Richard opened the door she stared him down for a few moments as she studied his weary body, though she made sure to do it when he wasn't looking. He looked like a mess. Worn-out, ready to fall asleep at any moment, and most likely starving. She shook her head in mock disgust. Apparently she was going to have to make sure that he took care of himself. Of course she would do it stealthily though, maybe in the end he would actually learn the habits on his own.

"I didn't finish the book, no." She pulled the blanket tighter around her shoulders making sure that her wings were out of sight before picking the extra containers of Chinese she held it out towards him. "I know you're probably starving after work.." she could almost swear that she had heard his stomach growl from across the room."Luckily I ended up with too much. For some reason this place always brings more than what I ordered. Their food is great though so I never really mind." A weak chuckle followed her sentence.

"I take it you're just going to hit the hay then?" Please let the answer to her question be yes. He obviously needed sleep. "Oh, how did the job search go? Find anything?" Not that she thought he needed an extra job with the at that he was clinging to the wall. Glamour was always an option here but it wouldn't feel right to use it on her roommate, especially the first day that they met.
When she heard the unmistakable sound of a motorcycle Xandria quickly glanced at the page of the book to remember the number and shut it before tossing it onto the small table in front of the couch. While her roommate had been gone she had ordered food for dinner from the usual place and as usual she had ended up with way too much due to some accident on the restaurant's end. Or hadn't it been an accident?

When Richard opened the door she stared him down for a few moments as she studied his weary body, though she made sure to do it when he wasn't looking. He looked like a mess. Worn-out, ready to fall asleep at any moment, and most likely starving. She shook her head in mock disgust. Apparently she was going to have to make sure that he took care of himself. Of course she would do it stealthily though, maybe in the end he would actually learn the habits on his own.

"I didn't finish the book, no." She pulled the blanket tighter around her shoulders making sure that her wings were out of sight before picking the extra containers of Chinese she held it out towards him. "I know you're probably starving after work.." she could almost swear that she had heard his stomach growl from across the room."Luckily I ended up with too much. For some reason this place always brings more than what I ordered. Their food is great though so I never really mind." A weak chuckle followed her sentence.

"I take it you're just going to hit the hay then?" Please let the answer to her question be yes. He obviously needed sleep. "Oh, how did the job search go? Find anything?" Not that she thought he needed an extra job with the at that he was clinging to the wall. Glamour was always an option here but it wouldn't feel right to use it on her roommate, especially the first day that they met.
He had smelled the food as he held the wall. It hasn't struck him until then he was out of it. He turns around back toward the living room clutching his eyes for a moment. They looked bloodshot and exhausted. Had he been able to focus he probably would have asked about the large quantity of food for just one person being here. Though he lived there too. He put his helmet in his room and sat down on the couch holding his head for awhile trying to think. After a moment he seemed somewhat ok.

"Thanks..." He says taking the Chinese food box and opening it. It was sweet and sour chicken he thought, but right now food was food. He ate slowly but something could tell her he'd wolf it down if she wasn't there. "Lose interest in it?" He asks about the book. She could probably get away with anything she wanted when he was like this. Maybe ask him how he got around before coming here? He probably knew it wasn't good, but why would he continue to push himself like this? "Too much? Do they not keep track of your order?" He asks looking at her. He didn't know she was watching him whenever he wasn't looking. Or that she heard his stomach growling from so far away.

"It's good Chinese..." He says honestly. "Yeah... I'll probably go to bed... after I finish eating... something." He already seemed to forget what he was eating... "Nothing yet... I... I'm sorry I must seen a terrible roommate going to work after just meeting and now barely able to walk..." He apologizes honestly to her. He looks at her leaning forward on the couch. He sighs. "Thankfully I didn't end up cleaning anything today at the docks. They were understaffed and had me running to check cargo and operate the cranes." He really looked apologetic toward her. "Thanks again for letting me stay here." He says smiling but it couldn't hide his exhaustion. He could probably fall asleep on the couch...

"How was your day?" He asks trying to start a more light hearted conversation as he ate. Though once done, he said he would go to bed. Hopefully he meant it. Or else he may pass out. "Has anything weird happened around here?" He asks. Then shakes his head. "Never mind. My exhaustion probably is playing tricks on me." He says. He thought about the weird sight he saw earlier, but it was probably just his imagination.
He had smelled the food as he held the wall. It hasn't struck him until then he was out of it. He turns around back toward the living room clutching his eyes for a moment. They looked bloodshot and exhausted. Had he been able to focus he probably would have asked about the large quantity of food for just one person being here. Though he lived there too. He put his helmet in his room and sat down on the couch holding his head for awhile trying to think. After a moment he seemed somewhat ok.

"Thanks..." He says taking the Chinese food box and opening it. It was sweet and sour chicken he thought, but right now food was food. He ate slowly but something could tell her he'd wolf it down if she wasn't there. "Lose interest in it?" He asks about the book. She could probably get away with anything she wanted when he was like this. Maybe ask him how he got around before coming here? He probably knew it wasn't good, but why would he continue to push himself like this? "Too much? Do they not keep track of your order?" He asks looking at her. He didn't know she was watching him whenever he wasn't looking. Or that she heard his stomach growling from so far away.

"It's good Chinese..." He says honestly. "Yeah... I'll probably go to bed... after I finish eating... something." He already seemed to forget what he was eating... "Nothing yet... I... I'm sorry I must seen a terrible roommate going to work after just meeting and now barely able to walk..." He apologizes honestly to her. He looks at her leaning forward on the couch. He sighs. "Thankfully I didn't end up cleaning anything today at the docks. They were understaffed and had me running to check cargo and operate the cranes." He really looked apologetic toward her. "Thanks again for letting me stay here." He says smiling but it couldn't hide his exhaustion. He could probably fall asleep on the couch...

"How was your day?" He asks trying to start a more light hearted conversation as he ate. Though once done, he said he would go to bed. Hopefully he meant it. Or else he may pass out. "Has anything weird happened around here?" He asks. Then shakes his head. "Never mind. My exhaustion probably is playing tricks on me." He says. He thought about the weird sight he saw earlier, but it was probably just his imagination.
Xandria really didn't know what to say or how to respond when she saw the state that he was in. When he sat down on the couch she glanced in his direction out of the corner of her eye at least until he finally sat up straight and took the container of food. She hadn't even been around Richard long but he already seemed odd but then again, she probably seemed odd to him as well.

Before answering his questions she pulled her knees up to her chest and put her feet on the couch, curling her toes over the edge. Eventually everything but her head was hidden away underneath the blanket. "Oh no, I didn't get bored of it. It's one of those things that you can only read so much of at a time. Breaks are needed to be able to digest what was actually read, you know?" She wasn't sure if her explanation was something that he would understand but it was one of the most truthful things that she had said since he had stepped through the door. "I think they keep track of my order. I don't know, I've only ever called them and told them what I want. Most of the time I end up with way too much. Not that I mind, like I said." With a quick grin in his direction she continued on. "It might be their way of saying thanks since I order so much."

She shook her head and laughed quietly. "Listen, there's no need for your apology. You're a tried guy which is understandable after work. Just make sure that you actually eat some of that before you disappear for the night or you'll regret it in the morning when you wake up on an even emptier stomach." After a moment she added, "and stop thanking me for 'letting you live here.' I don't own the building I pay rent here just like you.. or at least you will."

When he moved onto the next question she rose a brow. "Anything weird... You know, I do think that I saw a unicorn trotting down the street earlier." She was joking of course, there wasn't anything weird in this neighborhood. Or at least not that she had seen from the time that she had lived here. "My day.. wasn't really all that exciting." When she wasn't reading the poetry she was studying other topics. She would bounce around with topics to make it so she was able to learn more.
Xandria really didn't know what to say or how to respond when she saw the state that he was in. When he sat down on the couch she glanced in his direction out of the corner of her eye at least until he finally sat up straight and took the container of food. She hadn't even been around Richard long but he already seemed odd but then again, she probably seemed odd to him as well.

Before answering his questions she pulled her knees up to her chest and put her feet on the couch, curling her toes over the edge. Eventually everything but her head was hidden away underneath the blanket. "Oh no, I didn't get bored of it. It's one of those things that you can only read so much of at a time. Breaks are needed to be able to digest what was actually read, you know?" She wasn't sure if her explanation was something that he would understand but it was one of the most truthful things that she had said since he had stepped through the door. "I think they keep track of my order. I don't know, I've only ever called them and told them what I want. Most of the time I end up with way too much. Not that I mind, like I said." With a quick grin in his direction she continued on. "It might be their way of saying thanks since I order so much."

She shook her head and laughed quietly. "Listen, there's no need for your apology. You're a tried guy which is understandable after work. Just make sure that you actually eat some of that before you disappear for the night or you'll regret it in the morning when you wake up on an even emptier stomach." After a moment she added, "and stop thanking me for 'letting you live here.' I don't own the building I pay rent here just like you.. or at least you will."

When he moved onto the next question she rose a brow. "Anything weird... You know, I do think that I saw a unicorn trotting down the street earlier." She was joking of course, there wasn't anything weird in this neighborhood. Or at least not that she had seen from the time that she had lived here. "My day.. wasn't really all that exciting." When she wasn't reading the poetry she was studying other topics. She would bounce around with topics to make it so she was able to learn more.
He sighs as he eats more of the sweet and sour chicken now with rice in each bite. He didn't care what she thought of him. Least not now. He looks at her briefly before looking out the window and finishing the box of chicken and rice. He didn't know she thought him odd though. He was pretty normal. Least that's what he thought.

"Are you cold?" He asks seeing her curl into the blanket. "If there's a heater I can go turn it on." He offers. "Ah... I understand what you mean. It's a good book but you just need breaks periodically to think about the text and what it was about. Though it's probably different in a french book of poetry..." sounded like he read a lot himself. "As for the Chinese. Well.. right now as long as there's food I don't mind... I missed lunch earlier so... yeah." He says opening a second box to eat. "Maybe the delivery guy likes you or something." He says chuckling slightly. He seemed better after eating in terns of focusing on things. But he still looked tired.

"I only thank you because you could have declined to let me in. That and you've been nice to me since I walked in." He says. "As for my apology most times people think I'm just a guy who says he's going to work only to not. But I do. I've worked two jobs at once and I have to again probably." He says but doesn't explain why he had to. "And in eating. See?" He says as he eats more of the chicken and rice. But chuckles afterward. "What's tomorrow?" He asks. He was so busy he had forgotten the day...

"Uh... ok?" He says unsure from her expression if she was serious or not. "Well sometimes boring days aren't bad. You know? Days off just sitting down to relax for a moment." He says it as if it was impossible for him to do so. He sighs before getting a glass of water then sitting back down. "Any plans for tomorrow Xandria?" He asks looking at her briefly before taking a drink and continuing to eat.
He sighs as he eats more of the sweet and sour chicken now with rice in each bite. He didn't care what she thought of him. Least not now. He looks at her briefly before looking out the window and finishing the box of chicken and rice. He didn't know she thought him odd though. He was pretty normal. Least that's what he thought.

"Are you cold?" He asks seeing her curl into the blanket. "If there's a heater I can go turn it on." He offers. "Ah... I understand what you mean. It's a good book but you just need breaks periodically to think about the text and what it was about. Though it's probably different in a french book of poetry..." sounded like he read a lot himself. "As for the Chinese. Well.. right now as long as there's food I don't mind... I missed lunch earlier so... yeah." He says opening a second box to eat. "Maybe the delivery guy likes you or something." He says chuckling slightly. He seemed better after eating in terns of focusing on things. But he still looked tired.

"I only thank you because you could have declined to let me in. That and you've been nice to me since I walked in." He says. "As for my apology most times people think I'm just a guy who says he's going to work only to not. But I do. I've worked two jobs at once and I have to again probably." He says but doesn't explain why he had to. "And in eating. See?" He says as he eats more of the chicken and rice. But chuckles afterward. "What's tomorrow?" He asks. He was so busy he had forgotten the day...

"Uh... ok?" He says unsure from her expression if she was serious or not. "Well sometimes boring days aren't bad. You know? Days off just sitting down to relax for a moment." He says it as if it was impossible for him to do so. He sighs before getting a glass of water then sitting back down. "Any plans for tomorrow Xandria?" He asks looking at her briefly before taking a drink and continuing to eat.
"Not cold, just settling in for a long night of doing nothing." She flashed a grin, "I might as well be comfy even if I won't be sleeping in a while. I'll probably just read more of the book when you get off to bed.. or possibly not." She shrugged, not even really knowing what she would be doing. Usually she wouldn't have to worry about keeping quiet because of sleeping people in the apartment, tonight was the start of that change. Roommates were usually at least respectful of the ones that they lived with and since Richard needed to sleep she would have to make sure that he was able to get it.

"I highly doubt that the Chinese delivery man has a crush on me. We usually just chat for a bit when he gets here, nothing more than that." She couldn't help but laugh at even the thought of that. Did he honestly think that Xandria would have a crush on a human or even the other way around? That thought made her laugh even harder though she ended up covering her face with the blanket to muffle the sound. After a couple of minutes she was finally able to speak again, "no. I don't think that's it..."

As she listened to him talk she wanted to tell him that he didn't need to work two jobs, even if he wouldn't be able to cover half of the rent it wouldn't matter. The whole idea of money was trivial while she was around. That certainly wasn't something that she could discuss with Richard. Telling him that he didn't need to work a second job wouldn't go over very well either so there wasn't really anything that she could say about the topic that would do any difference. It was better for her to just keep her mouth shut.

She had sat there lost in her own thoughts for a good while. Blinking a few times she looked towards him. "Oh.. um. Tomorrow is Saturday I believe." Looking out the window she took notice of the dark sky. "Or.. maybe today is? Depending on the time." She shrugged and uncovered her hands to grab one of the takeout containers off the table and a pair of chopsticks. Opening it she grinned when she saw that it was lo mein. She took a few bites as she contemplated his question. "I can't say that I have anything planned.." Was it okay that she wasn't going to head to the bookstore? How often did humans work? "There's a park that I go to on the weekend and jog. It's usually pretty empty in the morning. What about you?"
"Not cold, just settling in for a long night of doing nothing." She flashed a grin, "I might as well be comfy even if I won't be sleeping in a while. I'll probably just read more of the book when you get off to bed.. or possibly not." She shrugged, not even really knowing what she would be doing. Usually she wouldn't have to worry about keeping quiet because of sleeping people in the apartment, tonight was the start of that change. Roommates were usually at least respectful of the ones that they lived with and since Richard needed to sleep she would have to make sure that he was able to get it.

"I highly doubt that the Chinese delivery man has a crush on me. We usually just chat for a bit when he gets here, nothing more than that." She couldn't help but laugh at even the thought of that. Did he honestly think that Xandria would have a crush on a human or even the other way around? That thought made her laugh even harder though she ended up covering her face with the blanket to muffle the sound. After a couple of minutes she was finally able to speak again, "no. I don't think that's it..."

As she listened to him talk she wanted to tell him that he didn't need to work two jobs, even if he wouldn't be able to cover half of the rent it wouldn't matter. The whole idea of money was trivial while she was around. That certainly wasn't something that she could discuss with Richard. Telling him that he didn't need to work a second job wouldn't go over very well either so there wasn't really anything that she could say about the topic that would do any difference. It was better for her to just keep her mouth shut.

She had sat there lost in her own thoughts for a good while. Blinking a few times she looked towards him. "Oh.. um. Tomorrow is Saturday I believe." Looking out the window she took notice of the dark sky. "Or.. maybe today is? Depending on the time." She shrugged and uncovered her hands to grab one of the takeout containers off the table and a pair of chopsticks. Opening it she grinned when she saw that it was lo mein. She took a few bites as she contemplated his question. "I can't say that I have anything planned.." Was it okay that she wasn't going to head to the bookstore? How often did humans work? "There's a park that I go to on the weekend and jog. It's usually pretty empty in the morning. What about you?"
Richard nods. "I understand. It's home. Why not be comfortable right?" He says. He wipes his face trying to stay awake. "I won't disrupt you when you sleep. I promise you that. If I come in late I'll try to be quiet." He says looking distracted as his mind wandered to his job and how with a second he could pay rent and maybe get her something. Kind of like a repayment. Though he had no clue what she was interested in besides french poetry and plants. He seemed respectful though to her rules though, he didn't just come inside and go crazy like some roommates do in books or movies.

"You never know. He might." He says shrugging. He was surprised actually that Xandria was single anyway. She seemed too nice to never had been hit on. Not that he'd try it. "Ever have pizza?" He asks. He was going through job opportunities in his head. He didn't have a car though... so much for pizza guy job. He saw her cover her face. "Something wrong?" He asks. He didn't understand what was funny. If she was laughing. He looked at her fir a moment after her minutes of laughing.

He looks out the window leaning forward on the couch, obviously stressed. He was one guy that may only make his health worse from stress. He looked as though he was about to say something but changed his mind. He didn't press her though for anything about herself though. Not even bringing up work. He didn't know that she could resolve the money issue, but he must have experienced the desperation if he is searching for two jobs...

"I don't have any plans. The dock isn't open Saturday and Sunday because today was the last ship. I guess I can look for a second job tomorrow for the weekends..." He says with a deep sigh before throwing away the two now empty boxes of Chinese food into the trash and putting the water cup in the sink and cleaning it. He leaned on the counter for a moment. "I got off work at 11. It's probably midnight." He says. Was he shaking? Was he that tired? He didn't ask about Xandria working at all, but maybe he wasn't honest earlier when he arrived about simply packing everything he had that morning... it seems he may have actually worked the night before... maybe that's why he said he had the money to pay for rent this time.
Richard nods. "I understand. It's home. Why not be comfortable right?" He says. He wipes his face trying to stay awake. "I won't disrupt you when you sleep. I promise you that. If I come in late I'll try to be quiet." He says looking distracted as his mind wandered to his job and how with a second he could pay rent and maybe get her something. Kind of like a repayment. Though he had no clue what she was interested in besides french poetry and plants. He seemed respectful though to her rules though, he didn't just come inside and go crazy like some roommates do in books or movies.

"You never know. He might." He says shrugging. He was surprised actually that Xandria was single anyway. She seemed too nice to never had been hit on. Not that he'd try it. "Ever have pizza?" He asks. He was going through job opportunities in his head. He didn't have a car though... so much for pizza guy job. He saw her cover her face. "Something wrong?" He asks. He didn't understand what was funny. If she was laughing. He looked at her fir a moment after her minutes of laughing.

He looks out the window leaning forward on the couch, obviously stressed. He was one guy that may only make his health worse from stress. He looked as though he was about to say something but changed his mind. He didn't press her though for anything about herself though. Not even bringing up work. He didn't know that she could resolve the money issue, but he must have experienced the desperation if he is searching for two jobs...

"I don't have any plans. The dock isn't open Saturday and Sunday because today was the last ship. I guess I can look for a second job tomorrow for the weekends..." He says with a deep sigh before throwing away the two now empty boxes of Chinese food into the trash and putting the water cup in the sink and cleaning it. He leaned on the counter for a moment. "I got off work at 11. It's probably midnight." He says. Was he shaking? Was he that tired? He didn't ask about Xandria working at all, but maybe he wasn't honest earlier when he arrived about simply packing everything he had that morning... it seems he may have actually worked the night before... maybe that's why he said he had the money to pay for rent this time.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46