Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Eaglerider
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
"I don't have the chance to usually order more than one of a copy of each book. The woman that I work for is very particular about that. There's also the fact that the books that I have to find are usually rather old. There aren't very many copies of each of them in existence. It's even rarer to find one in decent enough condition that I can try and aquire it for the shop." She shrugs after explaining, "that only makes them rarer and more expensive. The boss likes it so it's worth it." Nevermind the fact that Xandria spent her entire life looking for one specific book. After all these years it had still avoided her and she had a feeling that she was never going to find it. The story of what she had done in the past, what had forced her to end up in this world. Somewhere somebody had the book but they were probably using it as a fairytale for their children. The fact that she would never find the book no longer upset her. It wasn't like finding it would solve anything. She also wasn't sure if she wanted things to change. "I suppose it is like a college. Luckily I at least get paid for attending this one rather than having to pay to attend."

She grinned as she listened to Richard's father speak an it traveling. "Yes, I suppose that's normal though. Almost everyone wants to travel." Xandria had already traveled so much since she first arrived in this world but there was so much for her to see. Everything around her changed so quickly, luckily she had the ability to watch things change around her. Something humans wouldn't ever get. When she heard the question about the city she passed for a moment. "I believe around 5 or 6 years.. Though some days it feels like an eternity." Now all Richard's father needed to do was add two zeros after the numbers she had just said and he would get the actual number of years.
"I don't have the chance to usually order more than one of a copy of each book. The woman that I work for is very particular about that. There's also the fact that the books that I have to find are usually rather old. There aren't very many copies of each of them in existence. It's even rarer to find one in decent enough condition that I can try and aquire it for the shop." She shrugs after explaining, "that only makes them rarer and more expensive. The boss likes it so it's worth it." Nevermind the fact that Xandria spent her entire life looking for one specific book. After all these years it had still avoided her and she had a feeling that she was never going to find it. The story of what she had done in the past, what had forced her to end up in this world. Somewhere somebody had the book but they were probably using it as a fairytale for their children. The fact that she would never find the book no longer upset her. It wasn't like finding it would solve anything. She also wasn't sure if she wanted things to change. "I suppose it is like a college. Luckily I at least get paid for attending this one rather than having to pay to attend."

She grinned as she listened to Richard's father speak an it traveling. "Yes, I suppose that's normal though. Almost everyone wants to travel." Xandria had already traveled so much since she first arrived in this world but there was so much for her to see. Everything around her changed so quickly, luckily she had the ability to watch things change around her. Something humans wouldn't ever get. When she heard the question about the city she passed for a moment. "I believe around 5 or 6 years.. Though some days it feels like an eternity." Now all Richard's father needed to do was add two zeros after the numbers she had just said and he would get the actual number of years.
He nods. "Well least you can appreciate the rare books you order. And with your boss liking it, I'm sure you can continue your education for as long as you would like. As for college. Oh I can imagine it must be nice to get paid over paying. Speaking of old books, I'm sure Richard here would be interested in reading a few involving American history. Or certain parts of the European history." He says Richard getting a bit shy about the statement. They didn't know about her adventure to find one book not even Richard who knew her past... He then listens to her talk about traveling. "Almost everyone has here, minus Richard. He hasn't left the country ever. And 5 or 6 years eh? Not bad. Least we know our son is safe with someone who knows the area." He says with a chuckle. No one could guess besides Richard what she meant by 5 or 6.... he knew she was older. She was immortal, but like Regulus had told him, she wasn't like the others. She was humble and punished herself.

Julia rifles through her closet taking out everything before looking at it all strewn across the bed. She was still in a foul mood about pants like Colette, but with her receding Julia only felt an urge to find something else. She looks in the mirror awhile and sits at her desk, her Japanese items still under her bed from showing Xandria them. She thinks awhile... then thinks about how everyone was at breakfast. It has been a long time since she has been able to sit down and eat with family and friends. It was nice. Though she hopes that the events at thed castle would hopefully stay at the castle... Her parents would go crazy if they found out.
He nods. "Well least you can appreciate the rare books you order. And with your boss liking it, I'm sure you can continue your education for as long as you would like. As for college. Oh I can imagine it must be nice to get paid over paying. Speaking of old books, I'm sure Richard here would be interested in reading a few involving American history. Or certain parts of the European history." He says Richard getting a bit shy about the statement. They didn't know about her adventure to find one book not even Richard who knew her past... He then listens to her talk about traveling. "Almost everyone has here, minus Richard. He hasn't left the country ever. And 5 or 6 years eh? Not bad. Least we know our son is safe with someone who knows the area." He says with a chuckle. No one could guess besides Richard what she meant by 5 or 6.... he knew she was older. She was immortal, but like Regulus had told him, she wasn't like the others. She was humble and punished herself.

Julia rifles through her closet taking out everything before looking at it all strewn across the bed. She was still in a foul mood about pants like Colette, but with her receding Julia only felt an urge to find something else. She looks in the mirror awhile and sits at her desk, her Japanese items still under her bed from showing Xandria them. She thinks awhile... then thinks about how everyone was at breakfast. It has been a long time since she has been able to sit down and eat with family and friends. It was nice. Though she hopes that the events at thed castle would hopefully stay at the castle... Her parents would go crazy if they found out.
"I've actually already pushed a few of the books onto Richard." Xandria didn't mention what the books were about since she didn't know if Richard wanted his family to know about the mythology that Richard had requested from her. She also didn't mention that most of the books that she had were not in English, it would have seemed like showing off somehow. "Yes, Richard has told me of his lack of traveling. It's something that I'm sure will change eventually. Everyone moves at a different pace, you know." She gave a small grin. Richard has her had already spoke of taking a trip but it wasn't something that she felt like bringing up in this moment. Xandria could tell that Richard's family liked her company but she also knew that humans liked to imagine things that weren't there. There was a feeling at the back of her mind that made her think that Richard's father was only getting to know her because he felt that something might be happening between Richard and herself. Then again, maybe he was just being polite. "Yes, I've told Richard of some of the parties that I've stumbled across while I was out walking later than I should have been. He didn't seem all that impressed, though it doesn't really seem like parties are a thing that he would enjoy." It was at that moment that she realized that she had been talking about Richard like he wasn't even there. Whoops.

"I've actually already pushed a few of the books onto Richard." Xandria didn't mention what the books were about since she didn't know if Richard wanted his family to know about the mythology that Richard had requested from her. She also didn't mention that most of the books that she had were not in English, it would have seemed like showing off somehow. "Yes, Richard has told me of his lack of traveling. It's something that I'm sure will change eventually. Everyone moves at a different pace, you know." She gave a small grin. Richard has her had already spoke of taking a trip but it wasn't something that she felt like bringing up in this moment. Xandria could tell that Richard's family liked her company but she also knew that humans liked to imagine things that weren't there. There was a feeling at the back of her mind that made her think that Richard's father was only getting to know her because he felt that something might be happening between Richard and herself. Then again, maybe he was just being polite. "Yes, I've told Richard of some of the parties that I've stumbled across while I was out walking later than I should have been. He didn't seem all that impressed, though it doesn't really seem like parties are a thing that he would enjoy." It was at that moment that she realized that she had been talking about Richard like he wasn't even there. Whoops.

Richard sighs and max shot him a grin. He knew how to get under his skin again... Though their father continues. "Good to hear you two are getting along in more ways than one. Though I feel you are just friends." Seems their father wasn't one to jump too far ahead... "may be. I'll be surprised if he does, he says he wants to but hasn't yet." He says. "Parties... yes even at college he tended to avoid them. They never interested him. Which can be seen as good and bad of course depending on how you look at it." He says honestly. They all respected her, though Max was ready to poke fun at Richard again on hearing he didn't party at all...

Meanwhile Julia realizing she's ruined her room returns to her family, she would fix the problem later. But she shouldn't lock herself away tonight. Least not until night. Once breakfast ends no doubt they would clean up soon. Their father thinks. "So, will you and Richard do anything today or just remain here today?" He asks. Jake looks at him. "Well you mom and I are heading to get groceries and such. So they'll have the house to themselves. And max was heading to town." Jake says.
Richard sighs and max shot him a grin. He knew how to get under his skin again... Though their father continues. "Good to hear you two are getting along in more ways than one. Though I feel you are just friends." Seems their father wasn't one to jump too far ahead... "may be. I'll be surprised if he does, he says he wants to but hasn't yet." He says. "Parties... yes even at college he tended to avoid them. They never interested him. Which can be seen as good and bad of course depending on how you look at it." He says honestly. They all respected her, though Max was ready to poke fun at Richard again on hearing he didn't party at all...

Meanwhile Julia realizing she's ruined her room returns to her family, she would fix the problem later. But she shouldn't lock herself away tonight. Least not until night. Once breakfast ends no doubt they would clean up soon. Their father thinks. "So, will you and Richard do anything today or just remain here today?" He asks. Jake looks at him. "Well you mom and I are heading to get groceries and such. So they'll have the house to themselves. And max was heading to town." Jake says.
Hearing Richard sigh Xandria couldn't help but feel a little bit bad. She was going to have to learn when to stop talking. Though it seemed like anything she said could be used by Max as a way to annoy his brother. It was relieving to hear that Richard's father only thought of them as friends since she wasn't sure his family's opinion on her being here. Xandria simply nodded hearing his father speak about parties. They really weren't something that Xandria enjoyed either but they were nice every now and again.

She glanced towards Julia for a brief moment when she entered the room once again before responding to Richard's father though she really didn't know how. "Erm.. I don't know." It was going to be odd for them to be alone in his childhood home. She wasn't worried about anything happening she was more worried about simply being alone in the house. It wasn't her house and she was only a guest.

Colette was stewing in the back of Julia's mind. Luckily the girl had already thought about cleaning up the mess that she had created in her room. Colette could stand a little mess but she was a maid after all. When Julia entered the room where the rest of the family was it finally hit Colette where she had seen the figure before. There was no doubt in her mind. She thought back to the angel that the king had kept trapped in the castle and the wishes that the creature had been forced to grant... Here she sat hundreds of years later right in front of her fraternizing with humans. Colette scoffed trying to recall what she could about the creature that the staff had been forced to learn about. She could only recall a few bits of information. Graceful.. Quiet.. Moody. Colette smirked at the last one. If she could remember correctly this creature was also feisty. Some kind of warrior. Colette was smart enough to keep these thoughts hidden. She wasn't about to share this information with the body that she inhabited.. or at least not all at once. There was a feeling that appeared in Julia's mind that something was off about their house guest.
Hearing Richard sigh Xandria couldn't help but feel a little bit bad. She was going to have to learn when to stop talking. Though it seemed like anything she said could be used by Max as a way to annoy his brother. It was relieving to hear that Richard's father only thought of them as friends since she wasn't sure his family's opinion on her being here. Xandria simply nodded hearing his father speak about parties. They really weren't something that Xandria enjoyed either but they were nice every now and again.

She glanced towards Julia for a brief moment when she entered the room once again before responding to Richard's father though she really didn't know how. "Erm.. I don't know." It was going to be odd for them to be alone in his childhood home. She wasn't worried about anything happening she was more worried about simply being alone in the house. It wasn't her house and she was only a guest.

Colette was stewing in the back of Julia's mind. Luckily the girl had already thought about cleaning up the mess that she had created in her room. Colette could stand a little mess but she was a maid after all. When Julia entered the room where the rest of the family was it finally hit Colette where she had seen the figure before. There was no doubt in her mind. She thought back to the angel that the king had kept trapped in the castle and the wishes that the creature had been forced to grant... Here she sat hundreds of years later right in front of her fraternizing with humans. Colette scoffed trying to recall what she could about the creature that the staff had been forced to learn about. She could only recall a few bits of information. Graceful.. Quiet.. Moody. Colette smirked at the last one. If she could remember correctly this creature was also feisty. Some kind of warrior. Colette was smart enough to keep these thoughts hidden. She wasn't about to share this information with the body that she inhabited.. or at least not all at once. There was a feeling that appeared in Julia's mind that something was off about their house guest.
Richard ignores his brother and soon everyone was cleaning the dishes. Their father ending the conversation smiling. Everyone including max cleaned the dishes, Julia too. Richard smiles at Xandria kindly. Julia smiles. Once the dishes were clean everyone left. Leaving her with Richard and Julia. Richard reassuring her she'll be fine. He knew she wouldn't steal or anything. Once gone Richard walks to a seat and sits. He didn't know what she would like to do now until they returned. Things were looking up for them it would seem.

Julia feels hesitant around Xandria. Her mind affected by Collette. Something wasn't right... after helping with the dishes she smiles at Xandria again normally. Though now she thought what was strange about her friend and guest... she was but informed by Collette though... after helping, she walks by thinking of what to do. Xandria was talking with Richard... the house was clean besides her room... may be a nap could help. She goes to bed for a moment after notifying Richard. She looks at the ceiling, the mess of clothes in her room beside her. She felt so strange... first the pants and now Xandria? Maybe she has hit her head or something... Colette was a dream. She l was getting paranoid was all... hopefully the nap though early would help.
Richard ignores his brother and soon everyone was cleaning the dishes. Their father ending the conversation smiling. Everyone including max cleaned the dishes, Julia too. Richard smiles at Xandria kindly. Julia smiles. Once the dishes were clean everyone left. Leaving her with Richard and Julia. Richard reassuring her she'll be fine. He knew she wouldn't steal or anything. Once gone Richard walks to a seat and sits. He didn't know what she would like to do now until they returned. Things were looking up for them it would seem.

Julia feels hesitant around Xandria. Her mind affected by Collette. Something wasn't right... after helping with the dishes she smiles at Xandria again normally. Though now she thought what was strange about her friend and guest... she was but informed by Collette though... after helping, she walks by thinking of what to do. Xandria was talking with Richard... the house was clean besides her room... may be a nap could help. She goes to bed for a moment after notifying Richard. She looks at the ceiling, the mess of clothes in her room beside her. She felt so strange... first the pants and now Xandria? Maybe she has hit her head or something... Colette was a dream. She l was getting paranoid was all... hopefully the nap though early would help.
Xandria would have helped with the dishes but there were already so many people helping. She didn't know what to do so she simply stacked the dishes and pushed them towards whoever happened to walk close to it. It wasn't much help but she figured that it was enough since nobody asked her to do anything more. It was odd to her that everyone in this family seemed to work together like some kind of machine. They all worked together and then they just left. When everyone was gone she looked towards Richard unsure of what to do. He couldn't really walk and she wasn't just going to leave him alone in the house. She had that book that she had brought but she didn't know if it would be rude to read it. "Oh. Didn't you have that picture that you wanted to show me? Of the thing." Xandria didn't want to get too far into the details incase Julia heard her talking to Richard about the castle. The other woman might see it as a betrayal of trust or something.

Colette was unsure of how much information to reveal to Julia about Xandria. Too little and the human wouldn't believe her too much and Julia would most likely act strangely around Xandria, something that she didn't want to happen. Luckily Julia had decided to take a nap. There was one thing that Colette could do that would allow her to show Julia somethings. She could control her dreams.

Once the female fell asleep Colette crafted a dream. Julia was back inside the same castle that she had been in the previous dream. She morphed some of her own memories into the dream though she never let Xandria be visible. There was a man who held feathers in his hand. He spoke a wish out loud and then it was granted. It wasn't much. Julia would probably think it was just magic in a dream but Colette was trying to ease her in.
Xandria would have helped with the dishes but there were already so many people helping. She didn't know what to do so she simply stacked the dishes and pushed them towards whoever happened to walk close to it. It wasn't much help but she figured that it was enough since nobody asked her to do anything more. It was odd to her that everyone in this family seemed to work together like some kind of machine. They all worked together and then they just left. When everyone was gone she looked towards Richard unsure of what to do. He couldn't really walk and she wasn't just going to leave him alone in the house. She had that book that she had brought but she didn't know if it would be rude to read it. "Oh. Didn't you have that picture that you wanted to show me? Of the thing." Xandria didn't want to get too far into the details incase Julia heard her talking to Richard about the castle. The other woman might see it as a betrayal of trust or something.

Colette was unsure of how much information to reveal to Julia about Xandria. Too little and the human wouldn't believe her too much and Julia would most likely act strangely around Xandria, something that she didn't want to happen. Luckily Julia had decided to take a nap. There was one thing that Colette could do that would allow her to show Julia somethings. She could control her dreams.

Once the female fell asleep Colette crafted a dream. Julia was back inside the same castle that she had been in the previous dream. She morphed some of her own memories into the dream though she never let Xandria be visible. There was a man who held feathers in his hand. He spoke a wish out loud and then it was granted. It wasn't much. Julia would probably think it was just magic in a dream but Colette was trying to ease her in.
Richard nods. "Oh yeah. You're right. Follow me? Or want me to come back with it?" He asks. He looks at her smiling. He knew she must have no idea what to do, so maybe he could help. There was a few things around the house, though he wasn't sure if she would be interested. And with his legs out he wasn't going to be walking around a lot. "If you want later you can go around the local market." He says. He wasn't sure if she wanted to see his room. He waited for her answer. He wonders just what occurred at the castle to inspire such fear into both of them. His family did depart kindly, they hoped she was ok and not upset about them heading off for a bit.

Julia once asleep entered the dream. She witnessed the wish and it interested in her in how it was possible at all for such a thing yo occur. As she sleeps, her mind was vulnerable to possession or searching again. She carries out the tasks with ease though she was confused as to why she was dreaming of being a servant and as one doing such boring tasks... She continues with her responsibilities as she was ordered, the nobles calling her Julia and not Collette despite the dream being essentially a memory being performed by Julia.
Richard nods. "Oh yeah. You're right. Follow me? Or want me to come back with it?" He asks. He looks at her smiling. He knew she must have no idea what to do, so maybe he could help. There was a few things around the house, though he wasn't sure if she would be interested. And with his legs out he wasn't going to be walking around a lot. "If you want later you can go around the local market." He says. He wasn't sure if she wanted to see his room. He waited for her answer. He wonders just what occurred at the castle to inspire such fear into both of them. His family did depart kindly, they hoped she was ok and not upset about them heading off for a bit.

Julia once asleep entered the dream. She witnessed the wish and it interested in her in how it was possible at all for such a thing yo occur. As she sleeps, her mind was vulnerable to possession or searching again. She carries out the tasks with ease though she was confused as to why she was dreaming of being a servant and as one doing such boring tasks... She continues with her responsibilities as she was ordered, the nobles calling her Julia and not Collette despite the dream being essentially a memory being performed by Julia.
Xandria gave a small grin in Richard's direction and stood after he did. She still wanted to make sure that he didn't hurt himself trying to get from one place to another. For as strange as she probably acted sometimes Xandria did have a heart buried deep inside of her body. Though recently it had been making itself known more. She followed Richard into his room, thankful that his family didn't think that there was anything more than friendship going on between them otherwise a girl hanging out in his room might make them think that there was definitely something going on. Which there wasn't. "The market?" When was the last time that she had gone to something like that? Mentally she shook her head unable to come up with an answer. "It might be fun..." She wasn't sure it would be. "I might check it out." For now she was just interested in seeing what Richard had captured on film years ago.
Xandria gave a small grin in Richard's direction and stood after he did. She still wanted to make sure that he didn't hurt himself trying to get from one place to another. For as strange as she probably acted sometimes Xandria did have a heart buried deep inside of her body. Though recently it had been making itself known more. She followed Richard into his room, thankful that his family didn't think that there was anything more than friendship going on between them otherwise a girl hanging out in his room might make them think that there was definitely something going on. Which there wasn't. "The market?" When was the last time that she had gone to something like that? Mentally she shook her head unable to come up with an answer. "It might be fun..." She wasn't sure it would be. "I might check it out." For now she was just interested in seeing what Richard had captured on film years ago.
Richard winced. "Agh... that pile of scales called a dragon really isn't helping me recently. And yeah the market. Where farmers and other people meet to trade fresh produce and such. I think you might like their food over city food." He says chuckling as he went to his room and sat on the bed. "It may not be too fun but it could be a nice trip out of the house. Think about it awhile. Never know right?" He asks. He begins rifling through s box of photos and dvds. "Has to be here... here it is." He says looking at a picture. He hands it to Xandria. "Does this help?" He asks. It has a woman in s green lace dress looking at the camera from behind a door, orbs all around an investigator too...

Julia continues to sleep. Her room still a mess... her clothes, still out of the closet from Collette affecting her earlier. She continues her mundane tasks, blissfully unaware of how vulnerable her mind was to the spirit within her...
Richard winced. "Agh... that pile of scales called a dragon really isn't helping me recently. And yeah the market. Where farmers and other people meet to trade fresh produce and such. I think you might like their food over city food." He says chuckling as he went to his room and sat on the bed. "It may not be too fun but it could be a nice trip out of the house. Think about it awhile. Never know right?" He asks. He begins rifling through s box of photos and dvds. "Has to be here... here it is." He says looking at a picture. He hands it to Xandria. "Does this help?" He asks. It has a woman in s green lace dress looking at the camera from behind a door, orbs all around an investigator too...

Julia continues to sleep. Her room still a mess... her clothes, still out of the closet from Collette affecting her earlier. She continues her mundane tasks, blissfully unaware of how vulnerable her mind was to the spirit within her...
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46