Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Eaglerider
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
@EagleRider here's the thread. I've already subscribed so there's no need to ping me! ^^ [quote][b]Roomates[/b] [i]Person A has placed an add in the newspaper/ online searching for a roommate. Person B responds and the two seem to get along well enough to live together and each pay half the bills. I was thinking it would be interesting to have the characters possibly be a mix of species though they don't know it? Anything that is non-human would of course try and hide it. They would be especially cautious of any new roommate of theirs.[/i] [/quote] "Plants are normal enough for a human to have in their apartment aren't they?" Xandria questioned herself as she glanced around the apartment for what seemed like the millionth time that morning. Never mind the fact that these ones seemed to grow larger than the average Earth plants. If her new roommate took any notice of them she could always just make that joke about having a green-thumb, something that the angel never understood. It wasn't like the humans had [i]actual[/i] green-thumbs, they were just good at growing things. Another final glance around the room made her certain that everything in the apartment was clean and tidy and definitely not weird. The small couch that she had managed to have two men drag up here was topped with the fluffy pillows that she loved, the well worn quilt tossed across the back. The apartment wasn't tiny but it certainly wasn't huge. There would be just enough room for another person. Each of them had their own room, the bathroom was shared, and then the kitchen and living room. The only thing strange that the new roommate [i]might[/i] notice was the lack of a television but that really wasn't all that strange. She couldn't help but think that the only other time that the apartment had been as clean as it was right this moment was the day that she had signed her lease with the man who owned the apartment. There were usually boxes, old takeout containers, and feathers everywhere. Not that she could help it. Humans had gotten better at their cooking over the years and it was all too easy for her to use a bit of glamour and have them deliver the food to her apartment free of charge (very convenient for someone who didn't have a job). Glamour was the same way that she paid her rent or at least convinced the man that she had paid it. With this new roommate coming she was going to have to [i]literally[/i] clean up her act, the thought of that alone made her frown. Over the years she had grown spoiled of her lone-wolf lifestyle but today that was going to change. She needed to see new people, it was after all the reason that she had been sent to this world all those years ago. A shark knock on the door brought her attention to it and with a final glance over her shoulder to assure that her room's door was tightly shut Xandria plastered one of her best smiles on her face and went to open the door.
@EagleRider here's the thread. I've already subscribed so there's no need to ping me! ^^
Quote:
Roomates
Person A has placed an add in the newspaper/ online searching for a roommate. Person B responds and the two seem to get along well enough to live together and each pay half the bills. I was thinking it would be interesting to have the characters possibly be a mix of species though they don't know it? Anything that is non-human would of course try and hide it. They would be especially cautious of any new roommate of theirs.

"Plants are normal enough for a human to have in their apartment aren't they?" Xandria questioned herself as she glanced around the apartment for what seemed like the millionth time that morning. Never mind the fact that these ones seemed to grow larger than the average Earth plants. If her new roommate took any notice of them she could always just make that joke about having a green-thumb, something that the angel never understood. It wasn't like the humans had actual green-thumbs, they were just good at growing things.

Another final glance around the room made her certain that everything in the apartment was clean and tidy and definitely not weird. The small couch that she had managed to have two men drag up here was topped with the fluffy pillows that she loved, the well worn quilt tossed across the back. The apartment wasn't tiny but it certainly wasn't huge. There would be just enough room for another person. Each of them had their own room, the bathroom was shared, and then the kitchen and living room. The only thing strange that the new roommate might notice was the lack of a television but that really wasn't all that strange.

She couldn't help but think that the only other time that the apartment had been as clean as it was right this moment was the day that she had signed her lease with the man who owned the apartment. There were usually boxes, old takeout containers, and feathers everywhere. Not that she could help it. Humans had gotten better at their cooking over the years and it was all too easy for her to use a bit of glamour and have them deliver the food to her apartment free of charge (very convenient for someone who didn't have a job). Glamour was the same way that she paid her rent or at least convinced the man that she had paid it.

With this new roommate coming she was going to have to literally clean up her act, the thought of that alone made her frown. Over the years she had grown spoiled of her lone-wolf lifestyle but today that was going to change. She needed to see new people, it was after all the reason that she had been sent to this world all those years ago.

A shark knock on the door brought her attention to it and with a final glance over her shoulder to assure that her room's door was tightly shut Xandria plastered one of her best smiles on her face and went to open the door.
(I'm subbed too :)

Richard stood at the apartment door looking around. It was far better than the old one he lived in before... he worked at the docks for awhile and tried getting a different job only to work again at the docks, loading and unloading incoming and exporting cargo onto freighters. He didn't know what to expect, he only saw that someone offered to share an apartment and until he could get a better job he thought why not? He barely made rent in the previous apartment... he had food expenses, his motorcycle, etc, etc. It had him stressed, but now wasn't the time for that. He had his duffel bag across his shoulders, it was all he had and if was filled mainly with necessities.

He didn't care about the size, just if it was capable of comfortably living in without clashing with his roommate. Speaking of the roommate me had no idea what to expect as he stood there looking down the hall, he had blue eyes, dark brown hair, and a short beard that had been trimmed to near stubble, he wasn't exactly perfect either. He barely had the best food to eat usually having takeout or small amounts of groceries. He wasn't poor, but money was definitely tight, though he took care of himself. He had a black motorcycle helmet with its visor up in his left hand.

He hoped this wasn't a mistake or the roommate immediately hated his guts. He was anxious about this. New town and all... he had worked at a dock where he came from, but he couldn't continue to live in the expensive apartment there. Now he had a new job, same work. But now a roommate. Least he would have someone to talk to, and not sit quietly while the neighbors fought. He had enough for rent this time too, but he would be working to try and evenly split continuously if he could once he landed a stable job. He began to wonder if he had the right room and knocked again.
(I'm subbed too :)

Richard stood at the apartment door looking around. It was far better than the old one he lived in before... he worked at the docks for awhile and tried getting a different job only to work again at the docks, loading and unloading incoming and exporting cargo onto freighters. He didn't know what to expect, he only saw that someone offered to share an apartment and until he could get a better job he thought why not? He barely made rent in the previous apartment... he had food expenses, his motorcycle, etc, etc. It had him stressed, but now wasn't the time for that. He had his duffel bag across his shoulders, it was all he had and if was filled mainly with necessities.

He didn't care about the size, just if it was capable of comfortably living in without clashing with his roommate. Speaking of the roommate me had no idea what to expect as he stood there looking down the hall, he had blue eyes, dark brown hair, and a short beard that had been trimmed to near stubble, he wasn't exactly perfect either. He barely had the best food to eat usually having takeout or small amounts of groceries. He wasn't poor, but money was definitely tight, though he took care of himself. He had a black motorcycle helmet with its visor up in his left hand.

He hoped this wasn't a mistake or the roommate immediately hated his guts. He was anxious about this. New town and all... he had worked at a dock where he came from, but he couldn't continue to live in the expensive apartment there. Now he had a new job, same work. But now a roommate. Least he would have someone to talk to, and not sit quietly while the neighbors fought. He had enough for rent this time too, but he would be working to try and evenly split continuously if he could once he landed a stable job. He began to wonder if he had the right room and knocked again.
"Oh hey, you must be.." Xandria paused as she tried to remember the name that she had been given on the phone, or even if she had been given a name at all, unfortunately her memory usually failed her in situations like this. Eventually she settled on, "..the roommate?" Stepping back away from the door she made room for the male to come in. She turned her head to look into the apartment a final time to make sure that everything was just right. Luckily she had had the forethought to make sure that her wings her tucked away underneath her skin, at least for right now she needed to look as human as possible. Giant lumpy masses on her back would have certainly not been normal. For now though, this was about as normal as she was going to get in a grey pair of jeans and a black tee shirt.

Once she was sure that there wasn't anything out of the ordinary she looked back towards the male again and flashed a quick grin. "It's a decent sized place.. The window in the living room really lights up the whole apartment given the right weather." Luckily right now was the right weather and sunlight flooded the space highlighting the worn out couch covered in pillows as well as the plants on the windowsill. "Your bedroom is the one on the right, mine's on the left across the hall.." She pointed to the two doors and then to the one at the end of the hall, "and that's the bathroom. Kitchens to your right." With a nod of her head she gestured to the archway that the kitchen lay beyond. "The owner is a decent guy.. at least he was the one time that I met him. Haven't seen him since I signed the lease.."

Finally she stopped talking and blinked a few times before finally remembering something. "And I'm the one and only, Xandria."
"Oh hey, you must be.." Xandria paused as she tried to remember the name that she had been given on the phone, or even if she had been given a name at all, unfortunately her memory usually failed her in situations like this. Eventually she settled on, "..the roommate?" Stepping back away from the door she made room for the male to come in. She turned her head to look into the apartment a final time to make sure that everything was just right. Luckily she had had the forethought to make sure that her wings her tucked away underneath her skin, at least for right now she needed to look as human as possible. Giant lumpy masses on her back would have certainly not been normal. For now though, this was about as normal as she was going to get in a grey pair of jeans and a black tee shirt.

Once she was sure that there wasn't anything out of the ordinary she looked back towards the male again and flashed a quick grin. "It's a decent sized place.. The window in the living room really lights up the whole apartment given the right weather." Luckily right now was the right weather and sunlight flooded the space highlighting the worn out couch covered in pillows as well as the plants on the windowsill. "Your bedroom is the one on the right, mine's on the left across the hall.." She pointed to the two doors and then to the one at the end of the hall, "and that's the bathroom. Kitchens to your right." With a nod of her head she gestured to the archway that the kitchen lay beyond. "The owner is a decent guy.. at least he was the one time that I met him. Haven't seen him since I signed the lease.."

Finally she stopped talking and blinked a few times before finally remembering something. "And I'm the one and only, Xandria."
He looks at her when she opened the door. He had a white shirt on, blue jeans, but he also wore a black jacket. He wore sneakers as well completing his outfit. "Yes I'm your new Roommate. I believe the owner told you I was coming... sorry for being late." He says honestly. He looks inside the apartment. It was clean, neat. She probably had cleaned it before he arrived or something. He thought he smelled detergent from the room. He enters slowly looking around the room. He looked tired... but seemed to be used to it almost. He wondered why she forgot his name since the landlord had called him saying that his Roommate would know he was coming but he ignored it for the most part.

"I'm on the right. Ok. It is a nice place. Better than my old apartment before. It was... cramped to say the least..." He says. He looks at the light illuminating the couch and the plants and noticed there wasn't tv. She must not watch tv. He thought to himself. "Do you cook?" He asks not putting his things down afraid of being rude. "It's ok if you don't. I only ask because my stove didn't work at my old apartment." He doesn't say why he didn't repair it. "Define decent... the rent isn't too bad but he seemed rather irritated over the phone." He says looking around some more eventually going toward what would be his room. "I hope I'm not an inconvenience or anything.."

"Nice to meet you Xandria. I'm Richard." He offers his right hand for her to shake as he smiled a little. "I'll split the rent with you I promise. I have enough on me currently if the bill is here already." He doesn't mention it was currently all the money he had.

(Sorry I got busy :(
He looks at her when she opened the door. He had a white shirt on, blue jeans, but he also wore a black jacket. He wore sneakers as well completing his outfit. "Yes I'm your new Roommate. I believe the owner told you I was coming... sorry for being late." He says honestly. He looks inside the apartment. It was clean, neat. She probably had cleaned it before he arrived or something. He thought he smelled detergent from the room. He enters slowly looking around the room. He looked tired... but seemed to be used to it almost. He wondered why she forgot his name since the landlord had called him saying that his Roommate would know he was coming but he ignored it for the most part.

"I'm on the right. Ok. It is a nice place. Better than my old apartment before. It was... cramped to say the least..." He says. He looks at the light illuminating the couch and the plants and noticed there wasn't tv. She must not watch tv. He thought to himself. "Do you cook?" He asks not putting his things down afraid of being rude. "It's ok if you don't. I only ask because my stove didn't work at my old apartment." He doesn't say why he didn't repair it. "Define decent... the rent isn't too bad but he seemed rather irritated over the phone." He says looking around some more eventually going toward what would be his room. "I hope I'm not an inconvenience or anything.."

"Nice to meet you Xandria. I'm Richard." He offers his right hand for her to shake as he smiled a little. "I'll split the rent with you I promise. I have enough on me currently if the bill is here already." He doesn't mention it was currently all the money he had.

(Sorry I got busy :(
(Oh man, don't worry about it! I honestly don't expect more than one response a day. Anything more than that is jsut an added bonus ^^)

Xandria stared at the hand for a few moments before raising her own to shake his. "Richard. Nice to meet you. Honestly, don't worry about the rent for this month. I've already taken care of it. Think of it as a welcoming gift from one roommate to another." That was a perfectly normal thing for humans to do right? She lowered her hand and looked towards the kitchen as she contemplated his previous question about her cooking skills. "I tend to have a pretty strong relationship doing with the Chinese takeout delivery man. Her brings me food and we talk a bit."

She laughed at her own joke though it probably sounded a bit forced. "A joke of course. A simpler answer to your question would have been that 'No, I don't cook much. Hardly ever." Feel free to use the stove whenever you'd like. It might be a little dusty though.. But at least it works" Lifting her left hand she scratched at the back of her head not really sure what else to say. At least until she remembered that Richard had asked about the landlord.

"He's not a bad guy.. I think he took on a little bit more than he could chew when he started renting out properties. I've taken to fixing some of the things around the apartment rather than calling him." Truth be told, she didn't want the landowner around more than absolutely necessary. Humans who were repeatedly exposed to angel glamour tended to change over time, she was already taking a risk using it to make him think that she had paid him the rent. "Don't worry about him though. He's more like a grumpy old watchdog.."

Her eyes dropped down to the duffel bag and then the helmet. It wasn't until that exact moment that she realized she hadn't even let her roommate get settled in. "I suppose it would be kind of me to let you get your things in order.. If you find yourself needing anything I might have a spare that you can borrow."
(Oh man, don't worry about it! I honestly don't expect more than one response a day. Anything more than that is jsut an added bonus ^^)

Xandria stared at the hand for a few moments before raising her own to shake his. "Richard. Nice to meet you. Honestly, don't worry about the rent for this month. I've already taken care of it. Think of it as a welcoming gift from one roommate to another." That was a perfectly normal thing for humans to do right? She lowered her hand and looked towards the kitchen as she contemplated his previous question about her cooking skills. "I tend to have a pretty strong relationship doing with the Chinese takeout delivery man. Her brings me food and we talk a bit."

She laughed at her own joke though it probably sounded a bit forced. "A joke of course. A simpler answer to your question would have been that 'No, I don't cook much. Hardly ever." Feel free to use the stove whenever you'd like. It might be a little dusty though.. But at least it works" Lifting her left hand she scratched at the back of her head not really sure what else to say. At least until she remembered that Richard had asked about the landlord.

"He's not a bad guy.. I think he took on a little bit more than he could chew when he started renting out properties. I've taken to fixing some of the things around the apartment rather than calling him." Truth be told, she didn't want the landowner around more than absolutely necessary. Humans who were repeatedly exposed to angel glamour tended to change over time, she was already taking a risk using it to make him think that she had paid him the rent. "Don't worry about him though. He's more like a grumpy old watchdog.."

Her eyes dropped down to the duffel bag and then the helmet. It wasn't until that exact moment that she realized she hadn't even let her roommate get settled in. "I suppose it would be kind of me to let you get your things in order.. If you find yourself needing anything I might have a spare that you can borrow."
(I'm on frequently least once a day myself :)

"Are you sure?" He asks he was surprised she would pay his rent and not even know him yet. "You have strong ties to the Chinese take out guy?" He asks raising an eyebrow. He doesn't pry though. He knew everyone was different. He noticed the almost forced laugh and wondered if she was ok. "Uh... ok." He says unsure how to react. "You have a nice place." He says honestly he wondered how much rent was... this seemed mode expensive for one person. But he had enough money just in case.

"Well I'm not head chef... but I spent time once as a fry cook..." He says sighing. He was actually a dishwasher at the restaurant back then but was embarrassed. Xandria obviously had a good job and here he worked at the docks. "If I have a recipe or something I can try to cook. And only take out?" He looked impressed. She must work out a lot since Chinese food wasn't healthy... but takeout never was.

"The apartment looks good. You seem to be a good mechanic and electrician." He says. "Grumpy for sure." He chuckles slightly. He had no idea she was an angel and used glamour to win her way. "I'll buy you a tv if you like when I get enough money." Richard says. "You know he comes around every month right? For rent I mean. It's how my landlord worked... well old one." He looks around again at the apartment.

"I can set my things up while talking if you want." He says trying to open his door but his hands were full. He sighs. "Could you open my door please?" He asks looking at her. He lists his duffel bag and his helmet to show he couldn't open it. "Thanks again for letting me stay here Xandria." He says smiling a little.
(I'm on frequently least once a day myself :)

"Are you sure?" He asks he was surprised she would pay his rent and not even know him yet. "You have strong ties to the Chinese take out guy?" He asks raising an eyebrow. He doesn't pry though. He knew everyone was different. He noticed the almost forced laugh and wondered if she was ok. "Uh... ok." He says unsure how to react. "You have a nice place." He says honestly he wondered how much rent was... this seemed mode expensive for one person. But he had enough money just in case.

"Well I'm not head chef... but I spent time once as a fry cook..." He says sighing. He was actually a dishwasher at the restaurant back then but was embarrassed. Xandria obviously had a good job and here he worked at the docks. "If I have a recipe or something I can try to cook. And only take out?" He looked impressed. She must work out a lot since Chinese food wasn't healthy... but takeout never was.

"The apartment looks good. You seem to be a good mechanic and electrician." He says. "Grumpy for sure." He chuckles slightly. He had no idea she was an angel and used glamour to win her way. "I'll buy you a tv if you like when I get enough money." Richard says. "You know he comes around every month right? For rent I mean. It's how my landlord worked... well old one." He looks around again at the apartment.

"I can set my things up while talking if you want." He says trying to open his door but his hands were full. He sighs. "Could you open my door please?" He asks looking at her. He lists his duffel bag and his helmet to show he couldn't open it. "Thanks again for letting me stay here Xandria." He says smiling a little.
Xandria waved her hand dismissing the matter. "Of course. Don't worry about the rent. I had already planned on paying it on my own this month anyways. One more month of doing it won't put a dent in my bank account." She couldn't help but grin at that small fib but it would probably just look like she was being friendly. When Richard thanked her for letting her stay the grin widened. "Well, you live here too now. Don't expect things to always be this spotless though. I'll try and keep _most_ of my mess contained in my room and out of sight. No promises though.."

With a nod she walked over and opened his door before stepping out of the way. "What can I say, the Chinese sure can cook." With a grin she continued on, "I'll have to see about finding you a recipe to test your skills then." Truth be told, the last human food that she had eaten that wasn't takeout were pancakes. A little girl had snuck them to her when she was still new to this world.

"Things in the apartment don't break very often. I've only had to test my skills a few times." Luckily she had simply been able to use one of her feathers to wish the mess fixed. "The shower's head busted clean off when I first moved in. Almost flooded the bathroom.. Took me all day to fix it." She shrugged, "now there's better water pressure though."

"I know he comes around every month for the rent. I don't want to bother him with things that I can fix on my own though." She leaned against the door frame as she spoke. The less the landlord was around the better.

"So you used to be a frycook, eh? You obviously ride a motorcycle of some kind What else is there to know about you Richard?"
Xandria waved her hand dismissing the matter. "Of course. Don't worry about the rent. I had already planned on paying it on my own this month anyways. One more month of doing it won't put a dent in my bank account." She couldn't help but grin at that small fib but it would probably just look like she was being friendly. When Richard thanked her for letting her stay the grin widened. "Well, you live here too now. Don't expect things to always be this spotless though. I'll try and keep _most_ of my mess contained in my room and out of sight. No promises though.."

With a nod she walked over and opened his door before stepping out of the way. "What can I say, the Chinese sure can cook." With a grin she continued on, "I'll have to see about finding you a recipe to test your skills then." Truth be told, the last human food that she had eaten that wasn't takeout were pancakes. A little girl had snuck them to her when she was still new to this world.

"Things in the apartment don't break very often. I've only had to test my skills a few times." Luckily she had simply been able to use one of her feathers to wish the mess fixed. "The shower's head busted clean off when I first moved in. Almost flooded the bathroom.. Took me all day to fix it." She shrugged, "now there's better water pressure though."

"I know he comes around every month for the rent. I don't want to bother him with things that I can fix on my own though." She leaned against the door frame as she spoke. The less the landlord was around the better.

"So you used to be a frycook, eh? You obviously ride a motorcycle of some kind What else is there to know about you Richard?"
"Are you sure? I mean.. this apartment surely isn't cheap..." He knew that from experience. "If it spills out that's ok. As long as you don't throw parties anyway... I had a neighbor who blared his music you could hear it from the street." He says looking honest about it too. "How long have you been here? Whst made you decide on advertising for a Roommate?" If you don't mind me asking of course." He says.

He enters his room and puts his helmet on the side table with his watch that was hidden under his sleeve and puts his duffel bag on the bed as he opens it. "Thanks for opening the door. And like I said I'm no head chef or anything." He says taking out flannels and a few pairs of pants and putting them in a drawer. He briefly looks at what she had on. "Ever see a kimono around here? I have back when I was looking for a job. Confused me as to where I was at the time. It was the west coast." He recalls.

"It won't burst again will it?" He asks about the shower head. "Anything else break that you recall?" He asks taking out t shirts and a jacket and hanging them up in the closet. He seemed to own little... his bag almost empty already. "Least you can fix things right?" He says. "Your own handy man. Well woman." He chuckles briefly. Hoping it was ok as a joke.

"What else?" He asks. "I work at the docks now." He says taking out two books from his bag before pushing it into the closet. "I ride an average motorcycle that thankfully hasn't broken down and I usually try looking for a second job." He says now sitting on the bed looking at her. He still lied about being a fry cook though... he only washed dishes.
"Are you sure? I mean.. this apartment surely isn't cheap..." He knew that from experience. "If it spills out that's ok. As long as you don't throw parties anyway... I had a neighbor who blared his music you could hear it from the street." He says looking honest about it too. "How long have you been here? Whst made you decide on advertising for a Roommate?" If you don't mind me asking of course." He says.

He enters his room and puts his helmet on the side table with his watch that was hidden under his sleeve and puts his duffel bag on the bed as he opens it. "Thanks for opening the door. And like I said I'm no head chef or anything." He says taking out flannels and a few pairs of pants and putting them in a drawer. He briefly looks at what she had on. "Ever see a kimono around here? I have back when I was looking for a job. Confused me as to where I was at the time. It was the west coast." He recalls.

"It won't burst again will it?" He asks about the shower head. "Anything else break that you recall?" He asks taking out t shirts and a jacket and hanging them up in the closet. He seemed to own little... his bag almost empty already. "Least you can fix things right?" He says. "Your own handy man. Well woman." He chuckles briefly. Hoping it was ok as a joke.

"What else?" He asks. "I work at the docks now." He says taking out two books from his bag before pushing it into the closet. "I ride an average motorcycle that thankfully hasn't broken down and I usually try looking for a second job." He says now sitting on the bed looking at her. He still lied about being a fry cook though... he only washed dishes.
"Like I said, I've afforded it on my own this long.. One more payment won't make all that much difference." If she was going to be perfectly honest it wouldn't make any difference since she had never actually made a payment while living here. Glamour was a wonderful thing, not that Xandria would be telling this human or any human about it. Ever. For a long moment she was silent as she tried to think of an answer to his question. "It gets lonely living alone. Not that I'm expecting out of anything from you moving in here." Her expression would make that point quite clear. "It'll be nice knowing that someone else is in the apartment."

Hearing about the kimono she tilted her head to the side slightly, it was almost an animalistic gesture. "Kimono.. can't say that I've seen one of those around here." Truth be told there weren't many places that she wandered through. There was an eternity for her to study the world around her so there was no need to rush.

"Oh no, don't worry about the shower head. I'm certain that it's been fixed." There was no way that shower head would break again, probably until the building fell. The magic holding it in place was at least that strong. "Worry not, if anything breaks I can fix it." Xandria didn't exactly specify how she would fix it, only that it would happen.

"I'm sure you would be able to find a second job around here. There always seem to be signs of businesses that are looking for workers."

"Like I said, I've afforded it on my own this long.. One more payment won't make all that much difference." If she was going to be perfectly honest it wouldn't make any difference since she had never actually made a payment while living here. Glamour was a wonderful thing, not that Xandria would be telling this human or any human about it. Ever. For a long moment she was silent as she tried to think of an answer to his question. "It gets lonely living alone. Not that I'm expecting out of anything from you moving in here." Her expression would make that point quite clear. "It'll be nice knowing that someone else is in the apartment."

Hearing about the kimono she tilted her head to the side slightly, it was almost an animalistic gesture. "Kimono.. can't say that I've seen one of those around here." Truth be told there weren't many places that she wandered through. There was an eternity for her to study the world around her so there was no need to rush.

"Oh no, don't worry about the shower head. I'm certain that it's been fixed." There was no way that shower head would break again, probably until the building fell. The magic holding it in place was at least that strong. "Worry not, if anything breaks I can fix it." Xandria didn't exactly specify how she would fix it, only that it would happen.

"I'm sure you would be able to find a second job around here. There always seem to be signs of businesses that are looking for workers."

"Ok." He says shrugging. He had no idea what she could do and has done to live here for so long. He read her expression clearly. She wasn't looking though he wasn't trying to flirt or anything. "Hey I was only looking for an apartment. No need to get angry." He says. He took her reaction to him being here possibly the wrong way. "And that's no problem. Though I'm quiet so it may never sound like I'm here." He says honestly. He puts the books in the side table drawer. "So... has it always been this clean in this room?" He asks. He looks around briefly.

"Thought I'd ask. It's some Japanese robe or dress." He says shrugging. "Every city is different so it never hurts to ask about dome things to those that live there." He replied. Though her head tilt kind of got his attention but he doesn't focus on that.

"Ok then. Never hurts to ask in case something fails and you aren't here. You know?" He says plainly. "I'll let you go what you have to. Your apartment your routine first. But if I have to run out because of work... I may not always be here." He says honestly. His working clothes waited at the docks since he had just been employed there. "What's your job? You seem so interested in me it's rude of me to just ramble about myself." He says. He hoped to get to know more about his roommate, or at least what she was willing to share with him. He basically told her everything minus his likes and dislikes.

He didn't want a second job, but whatever paid for food and rent would work. "Any jobs nearby you know of?" He asks.
"Ok." He says shrugging. He had no idea what she could do and has done to live here for so long. He read her expression clearly. She wasn't looking though he wasn't trying to flirt or anything. "Hey I was only looking for an apartment. No need to get angry." He says. He took her reaction to him being here possibly the wrong way. "And that's no problem. Though I'm quiet so it may never sound like I'm here." He says honestly. He puts the books in the side table drawer. "So... has it always been this clean in this room?" He asks. He looks around briefly.

"Thought I'd ask. It's some Japanese robe or dress." He says shrugging. "Every city is different so it never hurts to ask about dome things to those that live there." He replied. Though her head tilt kind of got his attention but he doesn't focus on that.

"Ok then. Never hurts to ask in case something fails and you aren't here. You know?" He says plainly. "I'll let you go what you have to. Your apartment your routine first. But if I have to run out because of work... I may not always be here." He says honestly. His working clothes waited at the docks since he had just been employed there. "What's your job? You seem so interested in me it's rude of me to just ramble about myself." He says. He hoped to get to know more about his roommate, or at least what she was willing to share with him. He basically told her everything minus his likes and dislikes.

He didn't want a second job, but whatever paid for food and rent would work. "Any jobs nearby you know of?" He asks.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46