Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wasteland Blues [Open RP]
1 2 3 4 5
((updating Cleo a bit

Cleo binked awake at the glaring sun. She slowly got up and shook the sands of her body. She tried to close her wings and they wouldn't close. She looked over and saw sand in most of the joints Or her metal work. 'If I can't close my wings, there is no way I can fly,' she thought. She sat up on her feet and started to walk from the direction she last remembered. It felt awkward to walk on all fours. She was so used to staying off the ground. She saw some figures in the distance and contjnued towards them. "Anyone out there?!" She yelled in hopes of the figures not being an illusion.
((updating Cleo a bit

Cleo binked awake at the glaring sun. She slowly got up and shook the sands of her body. She tried to close her wings and they wouldn't close. She looked over and saw sand in most of the joints Or her metal work. 'If I can't close my wings, there is no way I can fly,' she thought. She sat up on her feet and started to walk from the direction she last remembered. It felt awkward to walk on all fours. She was so used to staying off the ground. She saw some figures in the distance and contjnued towards them. "Anyone out there?!" She yelled in hopes of the figures not being an illusion.
(cool I am now! Also @/Crystal13 to get the picture you go to the bio and click the generate button and use the BBC code.)

Looking at the Fae starting off she decided to see what it was. "Did you see something?". Turing back the the nocturne she got up rifled through her satchel, pulled out some bandages and gave it to him. "Well have it anyway, if you don't end up using it give it to other survivors if there are any really." Nano glanced around "Sure I'll come but where to?"
(cool I am now! Also @/Crystal13 to get the picture you go to the bio and click the generate button and use the BBC code.)

Looking at the Fae starting off she decided to see what it was. "Did you see something?". Turing back the the nocturne she got up rifled through her satchel, pulled out some bandages and gave it to him. "Well have it anyway, if you don't end up using it give it to other survivors if there are any really." Nano glanced around "Sure I'll come but where to?"
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
Cleo started to see the figures fade away as she got closer and her heart sank. They were only illusions. She looked around to fin herself on a large dune in the wasteland. She looked one way and saw two figures in the sand. She looked the other way and there looked to be some sort of town on the horizon. She called out to the two to try and get their attention. She couldn't be hard to see with her bright colors, so she kept calling out and signalling for them to come here. "Over here! There is a village!"
Cleo started to see the figures fade away as she got closer and her heart sank. They were only illusions. She looked around to fin herself on a large dune in the wasteland. She looked one way and saw two figures in the sand. She looked the other way and there looked to be some sort of town on the horizon. She called out to the two to try and get their attention. She couldn't be hard to see with her bright colors, so she kept calling out and signalling for them to come here. "Over here! There is a village!"
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29190422] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/291905/29190422_350.png[/img] [/url] (Calypso is actually a simple roving adventurer. She's lived in the wasteland for a very long time, and in that time, she's disarmed old nukes, contacted aliens, worked alongside secretive underground scientists in the effort to create a better future, fought all manner of irradiated beasts, and even helped orchestrate her usurption of an entire desert empire- which she abandoned after having decided that running a whole empire of cutthroats and backbiters just wasn't her style. Calypso is rather capricious, and for all of her intelligence, there's no way in the world that she would ever do something she didn't want to do, and often changes her mind very quickly. She also has a secret goal to find the ocean again and restor it to it's former glory, which is why she wanders so much) Calypso hummed along to the song being played on the battered Flyman she had in her pouch, kicking up clouds of dust as she trekked underneath the hot sun. It would have become monotonous for any other dragon, but alas, Calypso was not any other dragon. It was only a few days ago that she ransacked a derelict tourist hub- which was positively swarming with all manner of mutated rat and roach- and made off with a file that alluded to the location of nearby beaches. That was yesterday, and today she was trekking north, to see the vast gulf that may or may not be there. She hoped it was the former. "...Well I roam from town t' town... bu bum ba bum, ba bum ba daaa..." she muttered as she peered up at the harsh sun. She would be flying, but if she tried doing that in this stagnant air, in this heat, no less, she would find herself dead within moments. Her survival hinged on how well she could preserve her water- a much more important endeavor for anyone who was water flight-born, as she couldn't breathe without her gills being hydrated. And so she plodded along, kicking a tumbleweed alongside her.

29190422_350.png

(Calypso is actually a simple roving adventurer. She's lived in the wasteland for a very long time, and in that time, she's disarmed old nukes, contacted aliens, worked alongside secretive underground scientists in the effort to create a better future, fought all manner of irradiated beasts, and even helped orchestrate her usurption of an entire desert empire- which she abandoned after having decided that running a whole empire of cutthroats and backbiters just wasn't her style. Calypso is rather capricious, and for all of her intelligence, there's no way in the world that she would ever do something she didn't want to do, and often changes her mind very quickly. She also has a secret goal to find the ocean again and restor it to it's former glory, which is why she wanders so much)
Calypso hummed along to the song being played on the battered Flyman she had in her pouch, kicking up clouds of dust as she trekked underneath the hot sun. It would have become monotonous for any other dragon, but alas, Calypso was not any other dragon. It was only a few days ago that she ransacked a derelict tourist hub- which was positively swarming with all manner of mutated rat and roach- and made off with a file that alluded to the location of nearby beaches. That was yesterday, and today she was trekking north, to see the vast gulf that may or may not be there. She hoped it was the former.
"...Well I roam from town t' town... bu bum ba bum, ba bum ba daaa..." she muttered as she peered up at the harsh sun. She would be flying, but if she tried doing that in this stagnant air, in this heat, no less, she would find herself dead within moments. Her survival hinged on how well she could preserve her water- a much more important endeavor for anyone who was water flight-born, as she couldn't breathe without her gills being hydrated.
And so she plodded along, kicking a tumbleweed alongside her.
@SnakeMother @Crystal13 @SkullLotus (sorry not sure who's subbed) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31548688] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/315487/31548688_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Diotis is a gruff old snapper who devoutly follows the Earthshaker. He was born with one wing damaged beyond repair, so his parents took him to the ruined Pillar of the World to pray for his health. After touching the Pillar, his wing and arm were healed (but turned to stone). He's loyal, affectionate, and not too smart. He also has quite a few survival skills, so he isn't too worried about his own health at the moment, but he's looking for a town to resupply at.[/i] Diotis plodded through the barren wastes, watching the monotonous movement of his feet with mild interest. They were the only moving thing he'd seen for weeks, aside from the occasional tumbleweed or scavenging bird. The dragons at the last town he'd been to had told him to travel east, and there'd be a bigger town with food and water. He hadn't eaten real food for a long time and, although he considered himself a sturdy dragon, it was starting to irritate him. There wasn't more than few baked shrubs here and there in the desert, and he was craving a change. He raised his head, squinting at the bright sunlight, and caught sight of something moving in front of him. At first he dismissed it as another pitiful animal baking in the heat, but as he looked harder, he could see a distinctive blue colour that most wasteland wildlife lacked. He picked up the pace of his heavy steps hoping to catch up with the flickering blue-red shape ahead.
@SnakeMother @Crystal13 @SkullLotus (sorry not sure who's subbed)

31548688_350.png

Diotis is a gruff old snapper who devoutly follows the Earthshaker. He was born with one wing damaged beyond repair, so his parents took him to the ruined Pillar of the World to pray for his health. After touching the Pillar, his wing and arm were healed (but turned to stone). He's loyal, affectionate, and not too smart. He also has quite a few survival skills, so he isn't too worried about his own health at the moment, but he's looking for a town to resupply at.

Diotis plodded through the barren wastes, watching the monotonous movement of his feet with mild interest. They were the only moving thing he'd seen for weeks, aside from the occasional tumbleweed or scavenging bird. The dragons at the last town he'd been to had told him to travel east, and there'd be a bigger town with food and water. He hadn't eaten real food for a long time and, although he considered himself a sturdy dragon, it was starting to irritate him. There wasn't more than few baked shrubs here and there in the desert, and he was craving a change.

He raised his head, squinting at the bright sunlight, and caught sight of something moving in front of him. At first he dismissed it as another pitiful animal baking in the heat, but as he looked harder, he could see a distinctive blue colour that most wasteland wildlife lacked. He picked up the pace of his heavy steps hoping to catch up with the flickering blue-red shape ahead.
WlncKuN.gif __she / her | FR +8
__Wishlist!
__Sales + Giveaways!

__Currently working on: Bookwyrm subspecies!
Geminus nodded and took the bandages. "Thanks, I'll save these," he said. "If we head towards the setting sun, we should end up in the town of Terra. That's where I live." He looked back at the two dragons before walking towards the place he grew up in, the town of Terra. "Dangerous place, better be ready for a fight at all times." He chuckled and kept walking.
Geminus nodded and took the bandages. "Thanks, I'll save these," he said. "If we head towards the setting sun, we should end up in the town of Terra. That's where I live." He looked back at the two dragons before walking towards the place he grew up in, the town of Terra. "Dangerous place, better be ready for a fight at all times." He chuckled and kept walking.
miDn30f.gif
Forte gave the now bandaged nocturne a wary grin.

"As long as they don't have anybody there who works with spirits, I should be fine." The fae folded her wings shut, plopping on the ground; yet no sound of shifting earth could be heard. Forte willed herself to take on a more solid appearance, observing her body slowly become opaque. She eventually took on the appearance of her 'normal' self, and stamped violently on the ground. Gravel crunched underneath, indicating that she had regained her physical form as well.

"So...how far of a walk is this town of Terra anyways. If I were to travel ahead, how long would it take for you guys to get there?" Forte landed on the nocturne's snout fluttering her wings to gain balance.
Forte gave the now bandaged nocturne a wary grin.

"As long as they don't have anybody there who works with spirits, I should be fine." The fae folded her wings shut, plopping on the ground; yet no sound of shifting earth could be heard. Forte willed herself to take on a more solid appearance, observing her body slowly become opaque. She eventually took on the appearance of her 'normal' self, and stamped violently on the ground. Gravel crunched underneath, indicating that she had regained her physical form as well.

"So...how far of a walk is this town of Terra anyways. If I were to travel ahead, how long would it take for you guys to get there?" Forte landed on the nocturne's snout fluttering her wings to gain balance.
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
The closer Corvo got to the distant figures, the clearer they became until he could make out colorful blobs without his mask lens. He picked up his pace a little, keeping his wings folded against his sides as best as he could. He could tell that his right wing, the one that had been trapped under rubble, was sprained if he was lucky. If he was unlucky, it was broken, and he wouldn't be able to fly even if he tried. Looking around the surrounding area again, he did his best to pick up the sight of anything useful anywhere and managed to spot what looked like a town in the distance.

~Finally.~ Was his only thought as he pressed forward, the sun beating down on him with no remorse.
The closer Corvo got to the distant figures, the clearer they became until he could make out colorful blobs without his mask lens. He picked up his pace a little, keeping his wings folded against his sides as best as he could. He could tell that his right wing, the one that had been trapped under rubble, was sprained if he was lucky. If he was unlucky, it was broken, and he wouldn't be able to fly even if he tried. Looking around the surrounding area again, he did his best to pick up the sight of anything useful anywhere and managed to spot what looked like a town in the distance.

~Finally.~ Was his only thought as he pressed forward, the sun beating down on him with no remorse.
TD98mt2.png
"Well I can't guarantee there's nobody there that knows a bit about spirits, but you'll be alright." Geminus winked at the fae. "It should take about a day to get there, if you were to travel ahead without running into scavengers then it would take about, oh maybe half that time. If you do go ahead I must warn you, that town may be small, but don't underestimate the townsfolk. You'll want to look out for Saevus, along with Terra herself."
"Well I can't guarantee there's nobody there that knows a bit about spirits, but you'll be alright." Geminus winked at the fae. "It should take about a day to get there, if you were to travel ahead without running into scavengers then it would take about, oh maybe half that time. If you do go ahead I must warn you, that town may be small, but don't underestimate the townsfolk. You'll want to look out for Saevus, along with Terra herself."
miDn30f.gif
Cleo gave up on trying to grab the dragons' attention and started towards the town. She entered the town to find only a few dragons on the outskirts. She searched for a sign as she walked further in. She discovered more dragons as she walked passed buildings that looked like shops. She continued until she found a building that had a sign. 'Watering Hole' it said and she poked her head inside. She found a couple of dragons sitting at a bar with a bartender handing out something that looked like cups full of some sort of liquid. Cleo happily walked in and asked, "Can I get some water?" The bartender turned to her and replied, "Wait your turn." Cleo took another look around before the tender came. It was a rather small place, but it seemed popular because it had the most customers in any shop she'd seen. The bartender finally came to her and said, "Pay up." Cleo tilted her head and asked, "I owe you money?" "Yes. Now pay or leave." the tender stated. "But water is free, isn't it?" Cleo replied. "No. Not here. I don't know where you come from, but here you pay some treasure for a cup of water. Now pay up or leave!" The tender barked and she pulled out a few pieces of treasure. The tender swiped it from her claws and went to get water. The tender slid it to her and some of the water spilled out of the cup. Cleo rolled her eyes and took a sip. The water tasted horrid to what she was used to, but it was better than nothing. She reached into her satchel and pulled out a dropper. She started to add water to her joints to remove the sand that was preventing her from closing her wings.

((she has a satchel I just dont have any apperal spots left on her until I get some more gems))
Cleo gave up on trying to grab the dragons' attention and started towards the town. She entered the town to find only a few dragons on the outskirts. She searched for a sign as she walked further in. She discovered more dragons as she walked passed buildings that looked like shops. She continued until she found a building that had a sign. 'Watering Hole' it said and she poked her head inside. She found a couple of dragons sitting at a bar with a bartender handing out something that looked like cups full of some sort of liquid. Cleo happily walked in and asked, "Can I get some water?" The bartender turned to her and replied, "Wait your turn." Cleo took another look around before the tender came. It was a rather small place, but it seemed popular because it had the most customers in any shop she'd seen. The bartender finally came to her and said, "Pay up." Cleo tilted her head and asked, "I owe you money?" "Yes. Now pay or leave." the tender stated. "But water is free, isn't it?" Cleo replied. "No. Not here. I don't know where you come from, but here you pay some treasure for a cup of water. Now pay up or leave!" The tender barked and she pulled out a few pieces of treasure. The tender swiped it from her claws and went to get water. The tender slid it to her and some of the water spilled out of the cup. Cleo rolled her eyes and took a sip. The water tasted horrid to what she was used to, but it was better than nothing. She reached into her satchel and pulled out a dropper. She started to add water to her joints to remove the sand that was preventing her from closing her wings.

((she has a satchel I just dont have any apperal spots left on her until I get some more gems))
1 2 3 4 5