Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Restless Warriors(15/15)
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
(Enjoying Mafia while some of the game was a bit slow. Replying here on the tablet will be a pain in my side with trying to go back and forth between my notes, so I'll have to get to my comp to properly reply.)
(Enjoying Mafia while some of the game was a bit slow. Replying here on the tablet will be a pain in my side with trying to go back and forth between my notes, so I'll have to get to my comp to properly reply.)
https://pfq.link/TheMimic Visit my pokefarm, Please.
I have a discord for fanfic writers. Drop on by!
Fanfic chat
One followed Vile, as he was in front, and Macbeth was also ahead of her, as they moved through the hole in the wall. There were explosives lining the walls. She assumed they were explosives because she had never actually seen one and something had exploded to make this path. If she could find something sharp or heavy, that she could lift, she would be able to help more. If nothing else, she could simply be a shield.
One followed Vile, as he was in front, and Macbeth was also ahead of her, as they moved through the hole in the wall. There were explosives lining the walls. She assumed they were explosives because she had never actually seen one and something had exploded to make this path. If she could find something sharp or heavy, that she could lift, she would be able to help more. If nothing else, she could simply be a shield.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Vile smirked at the mirror's idea to scout. "If you could do that, then we may get the jump on them. Have at it."

It remained a one way path for the most part, but Vile stopped cold before the mirror could leave the party to start scouting. He looked down at his feet, and saw a pressure plate he had nearly stepped on. "Traps down here, too? At least I dodged that on-"

His eyes had adjusted enough to this tunnel to realize that the floor ahead was all pressure plates and there were holes in the walls. Not all of these stone pressure plates can be a trap.

"(BEEP!)... Any ideas?"

Arshavir waited with the remaining dragons in the corpse dump to wait for the news from Vile's team. He was given the enchanted box for safekeeping at the time and had no problem keeping Tricky company. Trying 5-0-9, he was greeted with another rude sound from the locked box. "Well...This is harder to open than it looks."

I know, right? You guys have persistence, which I can give credit for.

"Hmm...No one gave you a direct answer to whether or not we help you. I suppose you'll keep your mouth shut about your combination until you get an answer?"

Yup. I don't trust my secrets to just anybody. My possessions count in that regard.
Vile smirked at the mirror's idea to scout. "If you could do that, then we may get the jump on them. Have at it."

It remained a one way path for the most part, but Vile stopped cold before the mirror could leave the party to start scouting. He looked down at his feet, and saw a pressure plate he had nearly stepped on. "Traps down here, too? At least I dodged that on-"

His eyes had adjusted enough to this tunnel to realize that the floor ahead was all pressure plates and there were holes in the walls. Not all of these stone pressure plates can be a trap.

"(BEEP!)... Any ideas?"

Arshavir waited with the remaining dragons in the corpse dump to wait for the news from Vile's team. He was given the enchanted box for safekeeping at the time and had no problem keeping Tricky company. Trying 5-0-9, he was greeted with another rude sound from the locked box. "Well...This is harder to open than it looks."

I know, right? You guys have persistence, which I can give credit for.

"Hmm...No one gave you a direct answer to whether or not we help you. I suppose you'll keep your mouth shut about your combination until you get an answer?"

Yup. I don't trust my secrets to just anybody. My possessions count in that regard.
Fanfic chat
"shadows don't generally have any weight so I'll hardly disturb the traps. Also I'm faster as a shadow." MindCrawler says as he puts a card to his forehead, vanishing into a puff of dark mist. He 'glides' down the hall searching for hoods and any way to turn off the traps. If I find a way to turn off the traps I'll hit it and head back with any other information I get.
"shadows don't generally have any weight so I'll hardly disturb the traps. Also I'm faster as a shadow." MindCrawler says as he puts a card to his forehead, vanishing into a puff of dark mist. He 'glides' down the hall searching for hoods and any way to turn off the traps. If I find a way to turn off the traps I'll hit it and head back with any other information I get.
70YmvCZ.png
One looked in the path of destruction that were the pressure plates. She guessed poison gas or maybe darts. Fire could spout from the walls and roast them as well should they step on them. The strange mirror had scouted ahead, but his plan seemed complicated and only hit one fae. Hers would hit two faes with one stone. Perhaps she had the most straightforward idea, but that was to purposely set them off but stay out of their trap's path. If the hoods thought that they were dead, they would come to check and probably turn them off, trigger them themselves, or show them the pattern of plates to step on to get past it. She reached over and softly tugged at Vile's wing then moved back quickly. She had little idea how to communicate at all, so she tried her best.

One was anxious. She had never done this and shook the entire time. One pointed at the pressure plates and stepped in place with one foot. Then she pointed at the holes in the walls and moved away from her spot a few paces. And finally, she gestured to the darkened end of the hall and walked in a mock representation of the hoods and pretended to set off plates. Perhaps she should communicate more often.

One felt different than she ever had before. She felt terrified, but she was also exhilarated. She was feeling something new. Perhaps she had fallen further into madness and this whole ordeal had just been the straw to break the guardian's back. Then again, perhaps it was enjoyment. She had multiplied the size of her world in the few hours she had been free. All she knew was the ring and her cage.
One looked in the path of destruction that were the pressure plates. She guessed poison gas or maybe darts. Fire could spout from the walls and roast them as well should they step on them. The strange mirror had scouted ahead, but his plan seemed complicated and only hit one fae. Hers would hit two faes with one stone. Perhaps she had the most straightforward idea, but that was to purposely set them off but stay out of their trap's path. If the hoods thought that they were dead, they would come to check and probably turn them off, trigger them themselves, or show them the pattern of plates to step on to get past it. She reached over and softly tugged at Vile's wing then moved back quickly. She had little idea how to communicate at all, so she tried her best.

One was anxious. She had never done this and shook the entire time. One pointed at the pressure plates and stepped in place with one foot. Then she pointed at the holes in the walls and moved away from her spot a few paces. And finally, she gestured to the darkened end of the hall and walked in a mock representation of the hoods and pretended to set off plates. Perhaps she should communicate more often.

One felt different than she ever had before. She felt terrified, but she was also exhilarated. She was feeling something new. Perhaps she had fallen further into madness and this whole ordeal had just been the straw to break the guardian's back. Then again, perhaps it was enjoyment. She had multiplied the size of her world in the few hours she had been free. All she knew was the ring and her cage.
"Thank you sir," Namir responded to Ashavir's help, before looking to her cup that is clutched in her claws, making sure the food is still there. When she felt assured herself, the spiral looked to the fae, regarding her with curiosity before speaking, "What is your name?"
"Thank you sir," Namir responded to Ashavir's help, before looking to her cup that is clutched in her claws, making sure the food is still there. When she felt assured herself, the spiral looked to the fae, regarding her with curiosity before speaking, "What is your name?"
Macbeth gazed across the sea of pressure plates. His first inclination would have been to simply fly over them, but the lack of wing-room in the tunnel prevented him from doing so, since he was on the bigger side. His reckonings were cut short as soon as the shadow-bound Mirror started to glide along the tunnel, disturbing nothing as he went to scout ahead.

Watching One's little dance, Macbeth soon saw (hopefully) what she was trying to say; the party could set one pressure plate off as a distraction, have the hoods come to investigate what set off the trap, and they'd rush over themselves, having seen the prisoners, and being blasted to smithereens, forgetting that the pressure plates were still on as they ran over them.

"You're saying we should set one off to get them to set off the traps themselves?" he asked the hatchling, forgetting that she might not even understand what he's saying. It did seem like a plausible idea, and could work. They would have to wait for Mindcrawler to return from his scouting mission, though.

(I hope that's what One meant by the ideas she acted out; I wasn't completely sure, but this is my best guess as to what she meant, but there are others. What exactly was she trying to say?)
Macbeth gazed across the sea of pressure plates. His first inclination would have been to simply fly over them, but the lack of wing-room in the tunnel prevented him from doing so, since he was on the bigger side. His reckonings were cut short as soon as the shadow-bound Mirror started to glide along the tunnel, disturbing nothing as he went to scout ahead.

Watching One's little dance, Macbeth soon saw (hopefully) what she was trying to say; the party could set one pressure plate off as a distraction, have the hoods come to investigate what set off the trap, and they'd rush over themselves, having seen the prisoners, and being blasted to smithereens, forgetting that the pressure plates were still on as they ran over them.

"You're saying we should set one off to get them to set off the traps themselves?" he asked the hatchling, forgetting that she might not even understand what he's saying. It did seem like a plausible idea, and could work. They would have to wait for Mindcrawler to return from his scouting mission, though.

(I hope that's what One meant by the ideas she acted out; I wasn't completely sure, but this is my best guess as to what she meant, but there are others. What exactly was she trying to say?)
( @Sicarius - You got the jist. Congratulations.)
( @Sicarius - You got the jist. Congratulations.)
Daena was looking over the pressure plates, and was quite impressed with the mirror seeming to glide over them all and scout further forward. Daena did not quite understand what was going on with the skydancer but it seemed the coatl did.

At the explanation of the other's behavior and the idea of setting off a trap to make a trap of their own Daena agreed. "That sounds like a good plan. So how do you want to set this up exactly?" Daena asked, her glance looking more toward Vile and Macbeth seeing as how they seem to have taken leader-like roles within their small group.

Daena figured for this to work she might have to put out her makeshift torch in doing all this. Hopefully the hot rock within the fire filled cup would stay pretty hot, then she might be able to use it if they needed to fight off the hooded ones should the trap they are to set up should fail.
Daena was looking over the pressure plates, and was quite impressed with the mirror seeming to glide over them all and scout further forward. Daena did not quite understand what was going on with the skydancer but it seemed the coatl did.

At the explanation of the other's behavior and the idea of setting off a trap to make a trap of their own Daena agreed. "That sounds like a good plan. So how do you want to set this up exactly?" Daena asked, her glance looking more toward Vile and Macbeth seeing as how they seem to have taken leader-like roles within their small group.

Daena figured for this to work she might have to put out her makeshift torch in doing all this. Hopefully the hot rock within the fire filled cup would stay pretty hot, then she might be able to use it if they needed to fight off the hooded ones should the trap they are to set up should fail.
For MindCrawler, It was easy to continue ahead, but found nothing that would look like a way to shut off the trap nor any more that's plain as day. Further along, he could hear someone crying. It was soon cut short by someone else. "Silence! Who gave you permission to cry?! Stupid dragon!"

The gruesome sound that was normal for mirrors was heard, indicating that whoever had been crying will never do so again. With this, he has confirmed by hearing alone that there was at least one enemy and perhaps a fresh corpse in that room before he even sees the room.

Will he report back quickly or sneak closer to see if there was anything else to gather?
(You may roleplay that decision in here. No need to PM on this one.)

(!!!Geez, Vile! Stop getting good rolls! Is he rigging my game? XD Seriously...He got a good roll to dodge setting off that trap last post and now this...)

Vile couldn't hide the evil in his eyes when he heard the idea One had, translated by Macbeth. "I (BEEP!) love the idea. But let MindCrawler get back first so we don't get him caught by accident."

The coatl used his mercenary skills to investigate the floor and what sense of smell he has. The path was too damp to catch a scent, but he figured that it won't take much pressure to set off the trap. There was also something that he caught on the walls, perking his attention...

"Flame darts; the walls have soot on them. Does anyone have an idea for a barrier before I go do something?"

(*Checks Dice* Umm...*Sends PM to someone.* Okay. Vile ain't the only one now.)

The elderly tundra let the other dragons with him do their ideas of waiting while he tried another combination. (6-2-5) Another rude sound came out of the metal box, getting the tundra to smile and roll his eyes. "I guess I should try again."
For MindCrawler, It was easy to continue ahead, but found nothing that would look like a way to shut off the trap nor any more that's plain as day. Further along, he could hear someone crying. It was soon cut short by someone else. "Silence! Who gave you permission to cry?! Stupid dragon!"

The gruesome sound that was normal for mirrors was heard, indicating that whoever had been crying will never do so again. With this, he has confirmed by hearing alone that there was at least one enemy and perhaps a fresh corpse in that room before he even sees the room.

Will he report back quickly or sneak closer to see if there was anything else to gather?
(You may roleplay that decision in here. No need to PM on this one.)

(!!!Geez, Vile! Stop getting good rolls! Is he rigging my game? XD Seriously...He got a good roll to dodge setting off that trap last post and now this...)

Vile couldn't hide the evil in his eyes when he heard the idea One had, translated by Macbeth. "I (BEEP!) love the idea. But let MindCrawler get back first so we don't get him caught by accident."

The coatl used his mercenary skills to investigate the floor and what sense of smell he has. The path was too damp to catch a scent, but he figured that it won't take much pressure to set off the trap. There was also something that he caught on the walls, perking his attention...

"Flame darts; the walls have soot on them. Does anyone have an idea for a barrier before I go do something?"

(*Checks Dice* Umm...*Sends PM to someone.* Okay. Vile ain't the only one now.)

The elderly tundra let the other dragons with him do their ideas of waiting while he tried another combination. (6-2-5) Another rude sound came out of the metal box, getting the tundra to smile and roll his eyes. "I guess I should try again."
Fanfic chat
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37