Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Look to the Future [CLOSED RP]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hamlet felt buoyed by Boann's sweet laughter and perked up a bit, eager to assist her. "Yes, this is the Grotto! It's quiet during this time of day...everyone's off working or tending the hatchlings. Usually, it's really lively!" He beamed. "I'll show you to the Matriarch! She's really nice, so I'm sure she'd let you stay!" He fluttered past her, then turned around and blushed. "Uhh...afterwards, um...if you don't have any other place to stay...would you like to stay in my den? It's not much, but I make a mean cup of lavender tea! And it's really cozy! I'd be, um, honored to have such an important dragon stay with me."
Hamlet felt buoyed by Boann's sweet laughter and perked up a bit, eager to assist her. "Yes, this is the Grotto! It's quiet during this time of day...everyone's off working or tending the hatchlings. Usually, it's really lively!" He beamed. "I'll show you to the Matriarch! She's really nice, so I'm sure she'd let you stay!" He fluttered past her, then turned around and blushed. "Uhh...afterwards, um...if you don't have any other place to stay...would you like to stay in my den? It's not much, but I make a mean cup of lavender tea! And it's really cozy! I'd be, um, honored to have such an important dragon stay with me."
5YBJwjR.png
What, important, her? What had she said to give hime this idea? Thoughts ran wild in Boanns Head, and she had to shake it to focus her thoughts. By now, he felt more like the fae she was used to, and this was a good sign, though it made her head spin a little - just like at home.
As she realized the gesture could be interpreted in quite the wrong way, she hurried to say:
"Thank you so much for guiding me! And - a good cup of tea would be very appreciated. About staying - wouldn´t your family mind? I don´t want to be a burden, and the weather is sure nice enough to stay outdoors..." While her voice turned to an excusing, partly asking tone (an underlying *I will gladly stay at your place if it really is no trouble* can be "heard" by those sensitive enough), her eyes never left his face as she said this. She wanted to gauge his reactions to those words, as Boann was pretty sure that he had some insecurities. Hamlets reaction here would most likely help her to judge how deep these insecurities really rooted. And she enjoyed the happy, eager fae he could be, even after only a few exchanged sentences. The wish to learn more about him had taken root, and - well, she was always ready to help any dragon.
She started to walk after him, ready to take flight should he decide to go faster.
What, important, her? What had she said to give hime this idea? Thoughts ran wild in Boanns Head, and she had to shake it to focus her thoughts. By now, he felt more like the fae she was used to, and this was a good sign, though it made her head spin a little - just like at home.
As she realized the gesture could be interpreted in quite the wrong way, she hurried to say:
"Thank you so much for guiding me! And - a good cup of tea would be very appreciated. About staying - wouldn´t your family mind? I don´t want to be a burden, and the weather is sure nice enough to stay outdoors..." While her voice turned to an excusing, partly asking tone (an underlying *I will gladly stay at your place if it really is no trouble* can be "heard" by those sensitive enough), her eyes never left his face as she said this. She wanted to gauge his reactions to those words, as Boann was pretty sure that he had some insecurities. Hamlets reaction here would most likely help her to judge how deep these insecurities really rooted. And she enjoyed the happy, eager fae he could be, even after only a few exchanged sentences. The wish to learn more about him had taken root, and - well, she was always ready to help any dragon.
She started to walk after him, ready to take flight should he decide to go faster.
The Hatchery Masterlist
At the mention of "family," Hamlet grew somber. "Alas, I am alone here. I am still rather new here to the clan, though the Matriarch and her daughter have been most kind." But he smiled again. "I'd be very happy to have company! My little den is in quite a beautiful spot near the grove of fruit trees and the nursery. It warms my heart to watch the hatchlings play." He turned around in the air, for he'd been flying already to be on a more even level with the taller Tundra. "No need to fly. It's not far-and it's a lovely walk besides. C'mon, I'll show you."
At the mention of "family," Hamlet grew somber. "Alas, I am alone here. I am still rather new here to the clan, though the Matriarch and her daughter have been most kind." But he smiled again. "I'd be very happy to have company! My little den is in quite a beautiful spot near the grove of fruit trees and the nursery. It warms my heart to watch the hatchlings play." He turned around in the air, for he'd been flying already to be on a more even level with the taller Tundra. "No need to fly. It's not far-and it's a lovely walk besides. C'mon, I'll show you."
5YBJwjR.png
For a heartbeat or two, Boann stayed silent.
"In this case, I´d be honoured to be your guest as long as I´m welcome at both your clan and your home." The warmth was back in her voice, and she followed the fae on foot, her wings folding back down as she walked beside him, turning her head this way and that and sniffing the air to get a good look and a feeling for the place she hoped to stay at for some time.
"Would you tell me about your clan, and what places of interest we are walking past while we go?"
She walked with him, in an amiable silence on her side, radiating peace, calm and confidence, occansionally smiling at Hamlet and listening intently to whatever he would tell her on the way.
For a heartbeat or two, Boann stayed silent.
"In this case, I´d be honoured to be your guest as long as I´m welcome at both your clan and your home." The warmth was back in her voice, and she followed the fae on foot, her wings folding back down as she walked beside him, turning her head this way and that and sniffing the air to get a good look and a feeling for the place she hoped to stay at for some time.
"Would you tell me about your clan, and what places of interest we are walking past while we go?"
She walked with him, in an amiable silence on her side, radiating peace, calm and confidence, occansionally smiling at Hamlet and listening intently to whatever he would tell her on the way.
The Hatchery Masterlist
"Oh, well, I don't know much." Hamlet chuckled. "And the clan seems to value open space. But you'll be able to see the grand marble building from here. That's where the Oracles live." He smiled as he talked, happy to tell the beautiful Tundra what he knew. "The clan's Matriarch hails from the Spiral Keep, as the clan itself used to live in the Water territories. Seers are highly valued, and the high court also lives there-that is, the Matriarch and Patriarch, her daughter and granddaughter, and I believe her son, his mate, and their child and her mate also reside there." He pointed to the stream. "That runs to a large basin where, it is said, sea monsters dwell. There are many mythical creatures here, but Periphae ensures that none will hurt us. Though, the trees have eyes."
"Oh, well, I don't know much." Hamlet chuckled. "And the clan seems to value open space. But you'll be able to see the grand marble building from here. That's where the Oracles live." He smiled as he talked, happy to tell the beautiful Tundra what he knew. "The clan's Matriarch hails from the Spiral Keep, as the clan itself used to live in the Water territories. Seers are highly valued, and the high court also lives there-that is, the Matriarch and Patriarch, her daughter and granddaughter, and I believe her son, his mate, and their child and her mate also reside there." He pointed to the stream. "That runs to a large basin where, it is said, sea monsters dwell. There are many mythical creatures here, but Periphae ensures that none will hurt us. Though, the trees have eyes."
5YBJwjR.png
"Not much? To me, this sounds like you know more than you think you do." Following the stream with her eyes, she continued "And in Nature territories, you get used to trees having eyes quite fast. We have a River Hibiscus Spiral and a Riparian Guardian living near, and partly within, our clan´s territorie - not mythical per se, but you´ll have a really hard time spotting either of them in their chosen surroundings."
Trying to spot the marble Temple prooved harder though. "The Marble Building - that whitisch blotch back there? That is our goal, right? Excuse me, but Tundras have rather poor eyesight. I will have to get closer to appreciate that structure. But the smells around here are really nice, though some are - quite unusual. Possibly the Sea Monsters you´ve been referring to, or other creatures I´ve never smelled before." She smiled and continued her way, following her guide and enjoying his company as well as the conversation.
"Not much? To me, this sounds like you know more than you think you do." Following the stream with her eyes, she continued "And in Nature territories, you get used to trees having eyes quite fast. We have a River Hibiscus Spiral and a Riparian Guardian living near, and partly within, our clan´s territorie - not mythical per se, but you´ll have a really hard time spotting either of them in their chosen surroundings."
Trying to spot the marble Temple prooved harder though. "The Marble Building - that whitisch blotch back there? That is our goal, right? Excuse me, but Tundras have rather poor eyesight. I will have to get closer to appreciate that structure. But the smells around here are really nice, though some are - quite unusual. Possibly the Sea Monsters you´ve been referring to, or other creatures I´ve never smelled before." She smiled and continued her way, following her guide and enjoying his company as well as the conversation.
The Hatchery Masterlist
Hamlet mentally smacked his forehead. Of course, how could he have forgotten that Tundras have poor eyesight! The librarian, Chocola, wore glasses, and of course they weren't for aesthetic purposes! "Ah, forgive me--yes, the Temple is ahead." To her other comment, he fiddled with his claws. "Ah, well...I'm learning quickly, I guess. I want to know as much as possible so I can write things down for my great-granddaughter. I know she'll appreciate it one day."
Hamlet mentally smacked his forehead. Of course, how could he have forgotten that Tundras have poor eyesight! The librarian, Chocola, wore glasses, and of course they weren't for aesthetic purposes! "Ah, forgive me--yes, the Temple is ahead." To her other comment, he fiddled with his claws. "Ah, well...I'm learning quickly, I guess. I want to know as much as possible so I can write things down for my great-granddaughter. I know she'll appreciate it one day."
5YBJwjR.png
"There is nothing to forgive. I should probably wear glasses, but - I don´t like how that looks on me, and my patients are always close enough to see them properly. Oh, I should probably say our patients - my son Aesculap and his mate are assisting me, and taking on patients of their own " She chuckled, then went on: "Ah, the child you mentioned before. What does she feel like, when you get visions about her? You mentioned she would make her way back to the clan - but that is probably to personal for a first meeting, you don´t have to answer if you don´t feel comfortable doing so."

Making their way trough the clans territory felt strangely comforting and saddening at the same time. So many new smells, and unfamiliar ways - she felt it had been a long, long time since her last travel. Back home, she knew every stone, every branch - here, everything was new, exiting and enjoyable. Still, she felt the first waves of homesickness coming as she asked Hamlet about his vision - and she started to miss her son, but she tried not to let it show.
"There is nothing to forgive. I should probably wear glasses, but - I don´t like how that looks on me, and my patients are always close enough to see them properly. Oh, I should probably say our patients - my son Aesculap and his mate are assisting me, and taking on patients of their own " She chuckled, then went on: "Ah, the child you mentioned before. What does she feel like, when you get visions about her? You mentioned she would make her way back to the clan - but that is probably to personal for a first meeting, you don´t have to answer if you don´t feel comfortable doing so."

Making their way trough the clans territory felt strangely comforting and saddening at the same time. So many new smells, and unfamiliar ways - she felt it had been a long, long time since her last travel. Back home, she knew every stone, every branch - here, everything was new, exiting and enjoyable. Still, she felt the first waves of homesickness coming as she asked Hamlet about his vision - and she started to miss her son, but she tried not to let it show.
The Hatchery Masterlist
///Aww, poor Boann. Don't worry! In real life, you'll be home safe and sound tomorrow! The nest with Hamlet will be hatching then!///

"I don't know that much about her at all," Hamlet said wistfully. "I feel she's come a long way, and that she likes flowers and dancing, but other than that..."

He stopped before the marble steps. "Um...this is it! Pretty impressive, right? It was moved here from the Water territories supposedly."
///Aww, poor Boann. Don't worry! In real life, you'll be home safe and sound tomorrow! The nest with Hamlet will be hatching then!///

"I don't know that much about her at all," Hamlet said wistfully. "I feel she's come a long way, and that she likes flowers and dancing, but other than that..."

He stopped before the marble steps. "Um...this is it! Pretty impressive, right? It was moved here from the Water territories supposedly."
5YBJwjR.png
///Ah well, she´s just not used to travelling anymore =D And talking about other´s family rouses memories... Must smile about the fact Hamlet completly ignores the mentioning of Boanns family XD ///

"Flowers and dancing, eh? I suppose that is pretty good for a great-granddaughter."
Boann stopped in midstep, leaned back and looked at the Temple, mavelling in the structures. "Oh yes, it is impressive!" she whispered, smiling at Hamlet with all the joy of seeing something like this big temple for the first time since a long time. "I´ve been to the water territory before, but it has been long - and either this has really been brought here, or build to perfetly resemble the temples there. It´s beautiful!"
She took a few breaths and let her gaze sweep all over the temple. After about a minute, she silently said: "Allright, I think I´m ready."
///Ah well, she´s just not used to travelling anymore =D And talking about other´s family rouses memories... Must smile about the fact Hamlet completly ignores the mentioning of Boanns family XD ///

"Flowers and dancing, eh? I suppose that is pretty good for a great-granddaughter."
Boann stopped in midstep, leaned back and looked at the Temple, mavelling in the structures. "Oh yes, it is impressive!" she whispered, smiling at Hamlet with all the joy of seeing something like this big temple for the first time since a long time. "I´ve been to the water territory before, but it has been long - and either this has really been brought here, or build to perfetly resemble the temples there. It´s beautiful!"
She took a few breaths and let her gaze sweep all over the temple. After about a minute, she silently said: "Allright, I think I´m ready."
The Hatchery Masterlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9