Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Camp Half-Blood (Private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
(Sorry in advance for short replies due to my phone)
(Sorry in advance for short replies due to my phone)
It was June first. Today campers from all over would come to Camp Half-Blood and be reunited with fellow campers-- Unless, you happened to stay for the summer, which Diego did. He wasn't particularly thrilled about the surplus of people coming in- he liked the winter because of how UN crowded the camp was. Regardless, he couldn't do much about it, so he sat by the beach, gazing into the water. He had just finished talking to his one and only friend, Cordelia. (And typos galore )
It was June first. Today campers from all over would come to Camp Half-Blood and be reunited with fellow campers-- Unless, you happened to stay for the summer, which Diego did. He wasn't particularly thrilled about the surplus of people coming in- he liked the winter because of how UN crowded the camp was. Regardless, he couldn't do much about it, so he sat by the beach, gazing into the water. He had just finished talking to his one and only friend, Cordelia. (And typos galore )
((aaa im back just in time to reply!! how should i jump in/what time of day is it?))
((aaa im back just in time to reply!! how should i jump in/what time of day is it?))
QgoWm3b.png cat
she/her
fr +3
art shop
hatchery
sleeping coatl
@catalysts I've decided it's in the morning my bad)
@catalysts I've decided it's in the morning my bad)
((I'll jump in soon! I'm currently making dinner for my family :)
((I'll jump in soon! I'm currently making dinner for my family :)

online | offline | busy | hiatus

vernon | 22 | libra | any pronouns

+ 3 FR Time | when I'm not crying over college work I like to draw things and rp
((I'll jump in soon, probably in a few hours.))
((I'll jump in soon, probably in a few hours.))
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
Tess rolled out of bed, muttering to herself as she realized she had overslept. Again. She grabbed for her watch, but only succeeded in knocking it off the shelf where it as kept. A string of mumbled curses escaped her lips as she fumbled for it, checking the date once the piece of machinery was firmly in her grasp. June 1st. It was the day new campers arrived, and she groaned to herself as she got dressed in her trademark jeans and work boots.

She felt a little bit more alive as she poured herself a third cup of coffee at the mess hall. Stretching, she carried the cup outside with the intent of sitting on the front porch and waiting for the summer campers to arrive - perhaps the new arrivals would have the honor of being given a tour by Tess herself. Once she arrived at the big house, she sat cross-legged in a chair and sipped her coffee, glancing over the rim occasionally to watch for the new arrivals.

((sorry for the brevity!!))
Tess rolled out of bed, muttering to herself as she realized she had overslept. Again. She grabbed for her watch, but only succeeded in knocking it off the shelf where it as kept. A string of mumbled curses escaped her lips as she fumbled for it, checking the date once the piece of machinery was firmly in her grasp. June 1st. It was the day new campers arrived, and she groaned to herself as she got dressed in her trademark jeans and work boots.

She felt a little bit more alive as she poured herself a third cup of coffee at the mess hall. Stretching, she carried the cup outside with the intent of sitting on the front porch and waiting for the summer campers to arrive - perhaps the new arrivals would have the honor of being given a tour by Tess herself. Once she arrived at the big house, she sat cross-legged in a chair and sipped her coffee, glancing over the rim occasionally to watch for the new arrivals.

((sorry for the brevity!!))
QgoWm3b.png cat
she/her
fr +3
art shop
hatchery
sleeping coatl
((Chrysanthos is known as 'chrys' (pronounced chris) for short - oops I wrote a lot :')

It was odd being away from the comfort of his apartment. No flashing neon lights, bustling crowds, blaring horns, or smog to speak of - just the clean air of the natural environment. Large oak trees rose up on either side of the path, their knarly roots creating the perfect opportunity to catch an unsuspecting guest's muddy sneakers. Even the numerous rivers and streams provided a symphony of white noise, the bubbling waters rushing past the party of two as they - reluctantly - made their way towards their temporary sleeping quarters (he refused to call it home as the demigod had no intentions of making friends or staying for more than a couple of weeks).

And Owen absolutely hated it.

"Remember what we agreed on? As far as anyone is concerned you're Peitho's offspring. Using Aphrodite's name has too many problem asso-,"the nymph began, her lecture stopped short as her gaze fell upon a sleek black phone in Owen's hands. The man's thumbs moved effortlessly across the dim screen, barely pausing as she sent a series of glares in his direction.
Again.
He was texting again.

"Alrighty kiddo, I didn't come here to be talking to a brick wall the entire time. Hand it over," she sighed, motioning with her finger for Owen to give her his phone.

"....Mm I'm a bit busy at the moment." The half-blood didn't even look up, his pace speeding up so he was slightly ahead of her with his back turned. She could still tell his neck was bent, face no doubt angled downwards toward his cell's screen. How old was he now? 21? And he still had the manners of a teenager.

"Ok screen time is over," Chrys sang, catching up to Owen and deftly snatching the distraction out of his fingers before proceeding to chuck it as far into the woods as possible. That would teach him to listen to his elders - or at least that's what she hoped.

But his expression proved otherwise.

" Chrys I understand you really don't have a thing for," he waved his hand towards the discarded phone, trying to avoid the term 'electronics', "but I don't have money to be wasting on expensive items. Please try to keep your temper in check." His pale blue eyes lingered on her face for a moment as if to confirm her next move. Then, once he decided she didn't have the energy to respond, he ran a hand through his hair and continued forward without so much as a tiny sigh escaping his lips.

"It's not like I have any breath to waste on your sorry *ss either,"she muttered to herself, trying to unsuccessfully convince herself that she existed beyond the term 'babysitter' and that Owen wasn't a man-child she had been employed to wipe up after.

Sometimes she pitied how much she seemed to dutifully accept her new title.

As the both of them continued in silence, the looming thicket suddenly parted to reveal a small clearing full of ornate huts, each sporting a different custom design. If this wasn't the so called camp Hera had directed Chrys to throw Owen into then god knows what weird hippies lay beyond the flowery rainbow houses.

((Chrysanthos is known as 'chrys' (pronounced chris) for short - oops I wrote a lot :')

It was odd being away from the comfort of his apartment. No flashing neon lights, bustling crowds, blaring horns, or smog to speak of - just the clean air of the natural environment. Large oak trees rose up on either side of the path, their knarly roots creating the perfect opportunity to catch an unsuspecting guest's muddy sneakers. Even the numerous rivers and streams provided a symphony of white noise, the bubbling waters rushing past the party of two as they - reluctantly - made their way towards their temporary sleeping quarters (he refused to call it home as the demigod had no intentions of making friends or staying for more than a couple of weeks).

And Owen absolutely hated it.

"Remember what we agreed on? As far as anyone is concerned you're Peitho's offspring. Using Aphrodite's name has too many problem asso-,"the nymph began, her lecture stopped short as her gaze fell upon a sleek black phone in Owen's hands. The man's thumbs moved effortlessly across the dim screen, barely pausing as she sent a series of glares in his direction.
Again.
He was texting again.

"Alrighty kiddo, I didn't come here to be talking to a brick wall the entire time. Hand it over," she sighed, motioning with her finger for Owen to give her his phone.

"....Mm I'm a bit busy at the moment." The half-blood didn't even look up, his pace speeding up so he was slightly ahead of her with his back turned. She could still tell his neck was bent, face no doubt angled downwards toward his cell's screen. How old was he now? 21? And he still had the manners of a teenager.

"Ok screen time is over," Chrys sang, catching up to Owen and deftly snatching the distraction out of his fingers before proceeding to chuck it as far into the woods as possible. That would teach him to listen to his elders - or at least that's what she hoped.

But his expression proved otherwise.

" Chrys I understand you really don't have a thing for," he waved his hand towards the discarded phone, trying to avoid the term 'electronics', "but I don't have money to be wasting on expensive items. Please try to keep your temper in check." His pale blue eyes lingered on her face for a moment as if to confirm her next move. Then, once he decided she didn't have the energy to respond, he ran a hand through his hair and continued forward without so much as a tiny sigh escaping his lips.

"It's not like I have any breath to waste on your sorry *ss either,"she muttered to herself, trying to unsuccessfully convince herself that she existed beyond the term 'babysitter' and that Owen wasn't a man-child she had been employed to wipe up after.

Sometimes she pitied how much she seemed to dutifully accept her new title.

As the both of them continued in silence, the looming thicket suddenly parted to reveal a small clearing full of ornate huts, each sporting a different custom design. If this wasn't the so called camp Hera had directed Chrys to throw Owen into then god knows what weird hippies lay beyond the flowery rainbow houses.

online | offline | busy | hiatus

vernon | 22 | libra | any pronouns

+ 3 FR Time | when I'm not crying over college work I like to draw things and rp
((I'm currently on mobile, as I'd really love to have a fantastic 1st post, so I'll have to post later. Please don't go far without! :D ))
((I'm currently on mobile, as I'd really love to have a fantastic 1st post, so I'll have to post later. Please don't go far without! :D ))
Deimos:

I love mornings. Don't get me wrong, sunsets are nice and all that, but to me they symbolize a kin of death; and I hate death. No, mornings are mere births, the creation of new light and renewal.
This particular morning could be chaotic, so I woke up bright and early.
I woke up to a chilly dew sticking to my golden coat. I was propped up against the bark of my home tree, my equine legs tucked carefully underneath me.
Good-morning, world. I thought with a yawn, stretching and standing up.
My legs protested, creaking out of their wet, stiff condition. My little willow rustled comfortingly, and I gaze around me. Golden rays were just starting to peak through the trees and shrubbery, burning off all the fog and dew.
I reached into a hole in my tree and picked up a book. It was an odd book about Egyptian gods and such, written by a familiar name, Rick Riorand. Wasn't he a scribe or something? Oh well.
It was wet and sticky, and I cursed in Ancient Greek, but I lay down by the stream to read anyways.
An hour went by when I heard the first car drive passed, streaking towards Camp.
The chaos begins; we now officially begin Summer at Camp. More kids to braid my tail as stick lollipops in it. Goody.
I put away my book, and set out to find my centaur friend, Algaia.
Deimos:

I love mornings. Don't get me wrong, sunsets are nice and all that, but to me they symbolize a kin of death; and I hate death. No, mornings are mere births, the creation of new light and renewal.
This particular morning could be chaotic, so I woke up bright and early.
I woke up to a chilly dew sticking to my golden coat. I was propped up against the bark of my home tree, my equine legs tucked carefully underneath me.
Good-morning, world. I thought with a yawn, stretching and standing up.
My legs protested, creaking out of their wet, stiff condition. My little willow rustled comfortingly, and I gaze around me. Golden rays were just starting to peak through the trees and shrubbery, burning off all the fog and dew.
I reached into a hole in my tree and picked up a book. It was an odd book about Egyptian gods and such, written by a familiar name, Rick Riorand. Wasn't he a scribe or something? Oh well.
It was wet and sticky, and I cursed in Ancient Greek, but I lay down by the stream to read anyways.
An hour went by when I heard the first car drive passed, streaking towards Camp.
The chaos begins; we now officially begin Summer at Camp. More kids to braid my tail as stick lollipops in it. Goody.
I put away my book, and set out to find my centaur friend, Algaia.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20