Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pirates, Merfolk, and Politics
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 45 46
(Phew, sorry for the delay, got a bit distracted with other things XD)

Ursula gazed at Siren, narrowing her eyes. "I really don't care what percentage you are." She shook her head. "You are still a halfling, which is forbidden for obvious reasons."

Then she growled, the water starting to surge towards her forcefully. "Your human leaders made a promise to me. A promise which has been kept for a thousand years. I know that you have leaders. When we were discovered we wrote up a treaty so this area would not be crossed by your ships. It was not one group of humans I made an agreement with.. but the great leaders of all groups. I know well how you humans work. I have been around a thousand years.. I am not a fool. And the fact you no longer know about this is extremely concerning to our world. We do not ask much of you humans. You conquer the entire landscape. We ask you not to cross over several small spaces in the sea.. and you cannot even oblige that tiny request. We will not stand idly by while you humans forget about important doctuments signed by the kings and queens of your kind." a surge of bitterness came from behind her voice, and anger which caused the current to become a bit stronger behind her, spinning like a small whirlpool. She paused, taking a breath and allowing the current to flow as it had before. "Trading. Really? You come to trade with us.. yet you dare to cross through our sacred grounds?" she gave a cold laugh, meeting Siren's glare with deep, void black eyes which flashed in warning. "You couldn't possibly have anything we would want to trade for, child."

Titania watched the entire event, admiring the strength of the pirate captain, as well as thinking she might be just a little bit stupid for glaring at their queen. She drifted her eyee towards Oztaluel nervously as she clutched Kiri.

"She cares for this one." The soldier holding Rothgar moved forwards, holding him up so she could see.

"Oh really?" Ursula gave a sinster smile. "Perhaps I will punish him in her stead for her lack of respect."
(Phew, sorry for the delay, got a bit distracted with other things XD)

Ursula gazed at Siren, narrowing her eyes. "I really don't care what percentage you are." She shook her head. "You are still a halfling, which is forbidden for obvious reasons."

Then she growled, the water starting to surge towards her forcefully. "Your human leaders made a promise to me. A promise which has been kept for a thousand years. I know that you have leaders. When we were discovered we wrote up a treaty so this area would not be crossed by your ships. It was not one group of humans I made an agreement with.. but the great leaders of all groups. I know well how you humans work. I have been around a thousand years.. I am not a fool. And the fact you no longer know about this is extremely concerning to our world. We do not ask much of you humans. You conquer the entire landscape. We ask you not to cross over several small spaces in the sea.. and you cannot even oblige that tiny request. We will not stand idly by while you humans forget about important doctuments signed by the kings and queens of your kind." a surge of bitterness came from behind her voice, and anger which caused the current to become a bit stronger behind her, spinning like a small whirlpool. She paused, taking a breath and allowing the current to flow as it had before. "Trading. Really? You come to trade with us.. yet you dare to cross through our sacred grounds?" she gave a cold laugh, meeting Siren's glare with deep, void black eyes which flashed in warning. "You couldn't possibly have anything we would want to trade for, child."

Titania watched the entire event, admiring the strength of the pirate captain, as well as thinking she might be just a little bit stupid for glaring at their queen. She drifted her eyee towards Oztaluel nervously as she clutched Kiri.

"She cares for this one." The soldier holding Rothgar moved forwards, holding him up so she could see.

"Oh really?" Ursula gave a sinster smile. "Perhaps I will punish him in her stead for her lack of respect."
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
"No!" Siren screamed. "He has nothing to do with this! Leave him alone!" Siren could feel the water around her, adding to the magic of her voice. Barely knowing what she was doing, she let out a high pitched note, unaware that it would likely stun those around her. It was filled with heartbreak and rage.
Her hair broke free of its tie, and her hair wreathed around her.
"You let him go," she snarled. "My parentage is not my fault, and neither is the fact that I was unaware of this treaty. Humans die, our wisdom fades, our agreements are forgotten. A human life is ephemeral and fleeting."
(Just so you guys know, Siren is actually semi-possessed by the spirit of her mother, who was half siren. It's why she has these powers.)
____

"If you say so," Selena said, her lips quirking upwards. She laughed, shooting away through the water.
"Catch me if you can!"
____

Caspian gently patted Amarantha's hand, sending her fear. "The majority of these humans have no intention of harming us, nor can they."
Seeing what was going on, he rushed into the throne room.
"What are you doing?! Hate only breeds more hate! Doing this sort of thing will only cause more animosity! They haven't caused any harm, and they came in peace."
He gripped his spear tightly. "Why would you attack those who have done nothing wrong? It's clear that they were only passing through."
____

Rosa nodded breathlessly in response to his question.
She stared at the chaos in the throne room, worried for their fates.
"The captain loves him very much, doesn't she?" she asked Scott. "It seems she's half out of her mind with fear for him. I think it's likely she'd sacrifice herself, not only to save him, but also for the rest of us."
"No!" Siren screamed. "He has nothing to do with this! Leave him alone!" Siren could feel the water around her, adding to the magic of her voice. Barely knowing what she was doing, she let out a high pitched note, unaware that it would likely stun those around her. It was filled with heartbreak and rage.
Her hair broke free of its tie, and her hair wreathed around her.
"You let him go," she snarled. "My parentage is not my fault, and neither is the fact that I was unaware of this treaty. Humans die, our wisdom fades, our agreements are forgotten. A human life is ephemeral and fleeting."
(Just so you guys know, Siren is actually semi-possessed by the spirit of her mother, who was half siren. It's why she has these powers.)
____

"If you say so," Selena said, her lips quirking upwards. She laughed, shooting away through the water.
"Catch me if you can!"
____

Caspian gently patted Amarantha's hand, sending her fear. "The majority of these humans have no intention of harming us, nor can they."
Seeing what was going on, he rushed into the throne room.
"What are you doing?! Hate only breeds more hate! Doing this sort of thing will only cause more animosity! They haven't caused any harm, and they came in peace."
He gripped his spear tightly. "Why would you attack those who have done nothing wrong? It's clear that they were only passing through."
____

Rosa nodded breathlessly in response to his question.
She stared at the chaos in the throne room, worried for their fates.
"The captain loves him very much, doesn't she?" she asked Scott. "It seems she's half out of her mind with fear for him. I think it's likely she'd sacrifice herself, not only to save him, but also for the rest of us."
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
Jasper grinned again, and with a flick of his tail he was chasing her, twisting through the seaweed and other obstacles with ease, keeping the mermaid well within his sights. He wasn't a slow swimmer, not by a long shot, but he had to work at keeping pace with her, while still letting her swim ahead of him. "And what happens if I catch you?" he called out to her, lips twitching as he restrained his smile.

The blonde sea-witch glanced at the prince and nodded, comforted slightly by the fact that she knew he wouldn't let something happen to her. With one last glance above at the remnants of the ship, Amarantha turned and followed Caspian into the throne room, swimming a little bit behind him. She agreed with what he said to Queen Ursula. If they had come to fight, then by all means, fight. However, if the crew of that ship had come to trade or come across this area by accident, then there was no need to attack.

The healer glanced at her and nodded. "It would appear as such, yes. Strange of their whole relationship started of course. They hated each other at first. I was worried I'd have to pull out some of the complicated magic if they were to get into a fight. And now..." he trailed off, staring into the murky blackness that was the ocean floor deep beneath them. "Now it seems she'd willing to risk much for him," he finished finally. "Siren's always been selfless, especially when it comes to her crew. It's one of the main reasons I joined her in the first place. The other captains I'd met would gladly sell off a member of their crew if it meant they could earn a few gold pieces." Scott shook his head in disgust at the memory, glad he'd stayed clear of those sorts of pirates.
Jasper grinned again, and with a flick of his tail he was chasing her, twisting through the seaweed and other obstacles with ease, keeping the mermaid well within his sights. He wasn't a slow swimmer, not by a long shot, but he had to work at keeping pace with her, while still letting her swim ahead of him. "And what happens if I catch you?" he called out to her, lips twitching as he restrained his smile.

The blonde sea-witch glanced at the prince and nodded, comforted slightly by the fact that she knew he wouldn't let something happen to her. With one last glance above at the remnants of the ship, Amarantha turned and followed Caspian into the throne room, swimming a little bit behind him. She agreed with what he said to Queen Ursula. If they had come to fight, then by all means, fight. However, if the crew of that ship had come to trade or come across this area by accident, then there was no need to attack.

The healer glanced at her and nodded. "It would appear as such, yes. Strange of their whole relationship started of course. They hated each other at first. I was worried I'd have to pull out some of the complicated magic if they were to get into a fight. And now..." he trailed off, staring into the murky blackness that was the ocean floor deep beneath them. "Now it seems she'd willing to risk much for him," he finished finally. "Siren's always been selfless, especially when it comes to her crew. It's one of the main reasons I joined her in the first place. The other captains I'd met would gladly sell off a member of their crew if it meant they could earn a few gold pieces." Scott shook his head in disgust at the memory, glad he'd stayed clear of those sorts of pirates.
fWEfcS7.gifzgwzOxw.gifMKMP7Ba.png6D1E8Ta.png
Ursula laughed at the woman as she let out a pitiful tone filled with some magic. It was the cry of a Siren, but comparatively weak as to the last attack she'd received by Sirens. She could feel the magic trying to take a hold on her, trying to paralyze her.. but really it was just a little tickle to Ursula. Though she did note it stunning the guard who was holding Rothgar. She reached down to pick up the man, supporting him on her own. "Such insolence. Such insolence from a child. I think I will do as I please with him because you decided to try and paralyze my subjects."

She shot a glare towards Caspian, whom she had been ignoring up to this point. "Know your place. You may be the prince of your kingdom, but you are a stranger here. What I decide to do with my kingdom has nothing to do with you. And you will stay out of my business." she hissed. "Haven't caused any harm is an understatement anyways. You know nothing of this kingdom.. and nothing of the area they crossed over. We didn't make a treaty with the humans which asked for much. Just one area of the sea. A small area we asked politely for them not to cross over. Their ships bring sharks.. pollution.. dirt. It is not too much to ask for them to redirect their ships when they already own the land."

She glared back at Siren, whose hair was failing all over around her head. "Then if your peace treaty is forgotten. So ours will be as well." she lashed her tail. "Merpeople die. Our wisdom fades, but we do not forget our agreements. Death is no excuse to forget an agreement as important as ours. And just so you know, child. Not every merperson has a life that is long. Only royalty, sirens, and a select few who have been gifted powerful magic may live longer than you humans. But we make sure to teach our children the rules... make them see the truth. Unlike you.. who apparently find a way to forget an agreement in fifty years." she narrowed her eyes at Siren, holding Rothgar tighter. "If you really came to trade with us.. you would have been wise to understand our customs and rules instead of just plowing through the seas as if you own them. The sea is not like human land to cultivate and destroy as you see fit. if you really came to trade with us.. then show me the offering. show me what you have that we could possibly want."
Ursula laughed at the woman as she let out a pitiful tone filled with some magic. It was the cry of a Siren, but comparatively weak as to the last attack she'd received by Sirens. She could feel the magic trying to take a hold on her, trying to paralyze her.. but really it was just a little tickle to Ursula. Though she did note it stunning the guard who was holding Rothgar. She reached down to pick up the man, supporting him on her own. "Such insolence. Such insolence from a child. I think I will do as I please with him because you decided to try and paralyze my subjects."

She shot a glare towards Caspian, whom she had been ignoring up to this point. "Know your place. You may be the prince of your kingdom, but you are a stranger here. What I decide to do with my kingdom has nothing to do with you. And you will stay out of my business." she hissed. "Haven't caused any harm is an understatement anyways. You know nothing of this kingdom.. and nothing of the area they crossed over. We didn't make a treaty with the humans which asked for much. Just one area of the sea. A small area we asked politely for them not to cross over. Their ships bring sharks.. pollution.. dirt. It is not too much to ask for them to redirect their ships when they already own the land."

She glared back at Siren, whose hair was failing all over around her head. "Then if your peace treaty is forgotten. So ours will be as well." she lashed her tail. "Merpeople die. Our wisdom fades, but we do not forget our agreements. Death is no excuse to forget an agreement as important as ours. And just so you know, child. Not every merperson has a life that is long. Only royalty, sirens, and a select few who have been gifted powerful magic may live longer than you humans. But we make sure to teach our children the rules... make them see the truth. Unlike you.. who apparently find a way to forget an agreement in fifty years." she narrowed her eyes at Siren, holding Rothgar tighter. "If you really came to trade with us.. you would have been wise to understand our customs and rules instead of just plowing through the seas as if you own them. The sea is not like human land to cultivate and destroy as you see fit. if you really came to trade with us.. then show me the offering. show me what you have that we could possibly want."
Oztaluel knew well enough that sitting down and shutting up and letting the larger issue come in was the best plan from all his long-ago years of being a human. Queen Ursula's question dissipated under her distaste for the humans, at least for now, giving him precious moments to consider, and to plan, for how his response to the Queen would go. Siren-pirate's miserable screech of a tune clued him in to her being a mix-breed of his own kind, and immediately, he was hit with a sort of revulsion. If this siren, sire or dam, so far back had found it to breed with a human without being a created-sort, why, it was no different from laying with prey. And, given how he'd no scent or sound of one of his own kind, created-kind like him, for easily half a millennia, well... If she was only a quarter human, truly, she was born of a siren born a siren. Either the sirens who came from another siren were weak and saw humans as sympathetic, as something more than a meal, and as such were doomed to short, human lives like the other Mer, or they were gone and far from what he understood a siren to be. That was disgusting to him, to think of, and it caused his large fins to bristle in distaste. It was different to mix within your own legged sort- but half-breeds, mix of the sea and land sort, was inevitably a terrible idea.

Watching the whelp sass off to the queen made him just grin, revealing his hodgepodge of teeth, sharp shearing in front and little piercing behind. What would a hybrid taste like? Would she be saltier or fishier than her normal human counters? And what a truly pathetic voice she had. Siren... No, she was a disgrace to the human term for what they were. A hatred born of pride surged in his chest, keeping his teeth bared as his hands snapped the waterlogged barrel-wood he held to. The shark's head tumbled out of the warp in it, landing white-eyed and bloodless on the floor, jaw agape at the pirate captain. His eyes went briefly to it, before then to Rothgar, and her love's peril added a sneer to him. Pirates. Disgusting creatures, preying on the livelihoods of others and causing trouble for no reason but wealth, awful and hellsent gold.

And then, the hybrid whelp lost her temper. What she did in a scream he managed in a whisper, and, wholly unaffected, a slow, contemptuous laugh rumbled out of his chest. Here, he needed no magic for his words to carry the weight of his loathing for her and her short-witted sort. "A human life may be short, but you manage to preserve what you care about well enough, with your holy books and your ancient stories. A single book can last centuries, speak nothing of the scribes who memorize and copy a life's work down again- and again. You can remember who begat whom from before I was even a screaming infant, and yet not an agreement on life or death for hundreds of you?" A sharp, scornful laugh, filled with exactly what he thought about her, pierced the waters of the room. "It sounds to me as though your kind does not care... And as though your kind has forgotten what a Siren is. You disgrace the already pitiful name, you pest... I would say someone should come and exterminate all the pests who come into this home." That last part, pointedly, aimed to the Queen, his askance of permission to open full-throated commands on other vessels, as much for fun as food or business.
Oztaluel knew well enough that sitting down and shutting up and letting the larger issue come in was the best plan from all his long-ago years of being a human. Queen Ursula's question dissipated under her distaste for the humans, at least for now, giving him precious moments to consider, and to plan, for how his response to the Queen would go. Siren-pirate's miserable screech of a tune clued him in to her being a mix-breed of his own kind, and immediately, he was hit with a sort of revulsion. If this siren, sire or dam, so far back had found it to breed with a human without being a created-sort, why, it was no different from laying with prey. And, given how he'd no scent or sound of one of his own kind, created-kind like him, for easily half a millennia, well... If she was only a quarter human, truly, she was born of a siren born a siren. Either the sirens who came from another siren were weak and saw humans as sympathetic, as something more than a meal, and as such were doomed to short, human lives like the other Mer, or they were gone and far from what he understood a siren to be. That was disgusting to him, to think of, and it caused his large fins to bristle in distaste. It was different to mix within your own legged sort- but half-breeds, mix of the sea and land sort, was inevitably a terrible idea.

Watching the whelp sass off to the queen made him just grin, revealing his hodgepodge of teeth, sharp shearing in front and little piercing behind. What would a hybrid taste like? Would she be saltier or fishier than her normal human counters? And what a truly pathetic voice she had. Siren... No, she was a disgrace to the human term for what they were. A hatred born of pride surged in his chest, keeping his teeth bared as his hands snapped the waterlogged barrel-wood he held to. The shark's head tumbled out of the warp in it, landing white-eyed and bloodless on the floor, jaw agape at the pirate captain. His eyes went briefly to it, before then to Rothgar, and her love's peril added a sneer to him. Pirates. Disgusting creatures, preying on the livelihoods of others and causing trouble for no reason but wealth, awful and hellsent gold.

And then, the hybrid whelp lost her temper. What she did in a scream he managed in a whisper, and, wholly unaffected, a slow, contemptuous laugh rumbled out of his chest. Here, he needed no magic for his words to carry the weight of his loathing for her and her short-witted sort. "A human life may be short, but you manage to preserve what you care about well enough, with your holy books and your ancient stories. A single book can last centuries, speak nothing of the scribes who memorize and copy a life's work down again- and again. You can remember who begat whom from before I was even a screaming infant, and yet not an agreement on life or death for hundreds of you?" A sharp, scornful laugh, filled with exactly what he thought about her, pierced the waters of the room. "It sounds to me as though your kind does not care... And as though your kind has forgotten what a Siren is. You disgrace the already pitiful name, you pest... I would say someone should come and exterminate all the pests who come into this home." That last part, pointedly, aimed to the Queen, his askance of permission to open full-throated commands on other vessels, as much for fun as food or business.
KOouoqn.png 5OwKm6G.png IrPupO0.png vIg3iR3.png tumblr_inline_otq2a1NSHv1qzyloc_500.png
(I don't know what to offer.)
(I don't know what to offer.)
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
(Also, Siren has just as much power as a full blood siren, and her voice is just as beautiful. She's not at all weak.)
(Also, Siren has just as much power as a full blood siren, and her voice is just as beautiful. She's not at all weak.)
(i thought you would have an idea, which is why i said that from Ursula's POV. I mean.. Siren did say she came to trade so naturally Ursula asked what she had to offer T>T i thought you had something in mind. And it may be true that her voice holds power, but this has no effect on Ursula due to the fact she's got magic flowing through her system and highly resistant to siren voices, and i as for Oztaluel.. he is a very ancient pure blooded siren so her voice may sound different than normal to him considering he was created with magic and not made naturally as she was?? just a thought.. T>T)
(i thought you would have an idea, which is why i said that from Ursula's POV. I mean.. Siren did say she came to trade so naturally Ursula asked what she had to offer T>T i thought you had something in mind. And it may be true that her voice holds power, but this has no effect on Ursula due to the fact she's got magic flowing through her system and highly resistant to siren voices, and i as for Oztaluel.. he is a very ancient pure blooded siren so her voice may sound different than normal to him considering he was created with magic and not made naturally as she was?? just a thought.. T>T)
(A quarter mer's only power is to breathe underwater. If a quarter is descended from a sea witch or a healer, they might have some magic, though humans have more affinity with magic than merfolk.
A half can breathe underwater, and has webbed hands and feet, as well as scaled legs and some scales on the ridge of the cheekbones. Some halves' legs turn to tails in water.
A human who is more than half mer (for instance, the child of a quarter and a half) will always grow tails in water, have scaled legs, webbed feet and hands, scales on the forearms, and scales on the cheek bones. Their mer blood is much more pronounced than that of halves and quarters.

The power of a mixed blood's voice depends not on magic but the singer's natural talent.)

"We have any number of metal goods, and weapons- metal that will not rust or tarnish- that can be used by you. We also have a number of foods that you cannot access here. Fruits and meets, decorations, mirrors, brushes for hair..." Siren trailed off. "Of course, this is just an overview of what we have." She raised a brow and looked at Ozatuel.
"As for what you said, the people can not account for the rulers' decisions. If they choose not to remember things, or let knowledge fade from existence, we cannot change that. Sometimes later rulers disagree with their predecessors' decisions, and thus destroy important pieces of history. Humans are petty and foolish as such."
____

Selena looked back and grinned, avoiding a sharp spur of rock by a hair's breadth.
"Wouldn't you like to know?" She called cheerfully.
____

Caspian laid a gentle hand on Amarantha's shoulder, pulling her close as if to protect her from the chaos. He scowled at the Queen's words but did not argue... he had no power here.
_____

Rosa frowned sadly. "The Navy is not much different, only our superiors make us take the punishment for their mistakes... or take credit for our work. I would follow one such as your captain. She is loyal to her crew."
She tugged at her hair sadly. She was one of many to have been treated badly but the Navy of this country.
(A quarter mer's only power is to breathe underwater. If a quarter is descended from a sea witch or a healer, they might have some magic, though humans have more affinity with magic than merfolk.
A half can breathe underwater, and has webbed hands and feet, as well as scaled legs and some scales on the ridge of the cheekbones. Some halves' legs turn to tails in water.
A human who is more than half mer (for instance, the child of a quarter and a half) will always grow tails in water, have scaled legs, webbed feet and hands, scales on the forearms, and scales on the cheek bones. Their mer blood is much more pronounced than that of halves and quarters.

The power of a mixed blood's voice depends not on magic but the singer's natural talent.)

"We have any number of metal goods, and weapons- metal that will not rust or tarnish- that can be used by you. We also have a number of foods that you cannot access here. Fruits and meets, decorations, mirrors, brushes for hair..." Siren trailed off. "Of course, this is just an overview of what we have." She raised a brow and looked at Ozatuel.
"As for what you said, the people can not account for the rulers' decisions. If they choose not to remember things, or let knowledge fade from existence, we cannot change that. Sometimes later rulers disagree with their predecessors' decisions, and thus destroy important pieces of history. Humans are petty and foolish as such."
____

Selena looked back and grinned, avoiding a sharp spur of rock by a hair's breadth.
"Wouldn't you like to know?" She called cheerfully.
____

Caspian laid a gentle hand on Amarantha's shoulder, pulling her close as if to protect her from the chaos. He scowled at the Queen's words but did not argue... he had no power here.
_____

Rosa frowned sadly. "The Navy is not much different, only our superiors make us take the punishment for their mistakes... or take credit for our work. I would follow one such as your captain. She is loyal to her crew."
She tugged at her hair sadly. She was one of many to have been treated badly but the Navy of this country.
Seeing her grin made Jasper's widen as well and he put on a burst of speed, catching up with her. Grabbing her hand, he slowed to a halt and twisted her around to face him, pulling her closer. Smirking down at her, he asked, "So now that I've caught you, what's my prize?"

Amarantha glanced up at Caspian as he pulled her closer to him. His scowl seemed to mar his handsome features, so she said quietly, "Let's go, Caspian. There's nothing either of us can do right now to help with the situation." She also didn't want to know what the queen would o if he said something else.

Noticing her tone of voice, Scott moved closer to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "From the way you're talking, it sounds as if you've experienced some of those things for yourself," he said quietly, watching her carefully for facial ques.
Seeing her grin made Jasper's widen as well and he put on a burst of speed, catching up with her. Grabbing her hand, he slowed to a halt and twisted her around to face him, pulling her closer. Smirking down at her, he asked, "So now that I've caught you, what's my prize?"

Amarantha glanced up at Caspian as he pulled her closer to him. His scowl seemed to mar his handsome features, so she said quietly, "Let's go, Caspian. There's nothing either of us can do right now to help with the situation." She also didn't want to know what the queen would o if he said something else.

Noticing her tone of voice, Scott moved closer to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "From the way you're talking, it sounds as if you've experienced some of those things for yourself," he said quietly, watching her carefully for facial ques.
fWEfcS7.gifzgwzOxw.gifMKMP7Ba.png6D1E8Ta.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 45 46