Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pirates, Merfolk, and Politics
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45 46
Siren felt her chest clench painfully with fear for Rothgar before she heard the note. She raised her head up and let out a plaintive, high-pitched note of her own in response to it. Her grandfather had been a full-blood siren, or so her mother had said. Siren shut her eyes against the memories of her beautiful, golden-haired mother.
"Please... just let us go or finish what it is you'll do with us."
___

"What a tease," Selena said with a grin, pulling away. Two can play at that game, she thought, swimming away, towards the sound she had heard.

___

Caspian's eyes widened in fear when he saw the chaos around them.
"What have they done?!" he said, shock and horror plain in his voice. "This sort of thing only cause more hate!"

___

Rosa closed her eyes, feeling more tired by the minute, and let go of the driftwood, letting herself sink into the water.
Siren felt her chest clench painfully with fear for Rothgar before she heard the note. She raised her head up and let out a plaintive, high-pitched note of her own in response to it. Her grandfather had been a full-blood siren, or so her mother had said. Siren shut her eyes against the memories of her beautiful, golden-haired mother.
"Please... just let us go or finish what it is you'll do with us."
___

"What a tease," Selena said with a grin, pulling away. Two can play at that game, she thought, swimming away, towards the sound she had heard.

___

Caspian's eyes widened in fear when he saw the chaos around them.
"What have they done?!" he said, shock and horror plain in his voice. "This sort of thing only cause more hate!"

___

Rosa closed her eyes, feeling more tired by the minute, and let go of the driftwood, letting herself sink into the water.
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
Kiri's efforts were fruitless. The sea gushed through the wounds in the hull. The water was too fast, the merpeople too many. When the water reached her chest, she knew it was over.

She trudged numbly up the stairs of the sinking ship, trailed her fingers over the guns--those beautiful guns that would soon be lost to the sea, the guns she would never shoot. When she reached the top deck, she grimly noted that most of the sailors had already been thrown into the water. If she stayed here, she'd likely be sucked down to the depths with the vacuum created by the sinking ship. For a moment, she pondered just letting it happen.

But she was too stubborn for that, a tiny spark of anger at the center of her numbness taking control. The merfolk were taking her guns--her life--from her, and they were going to have to pay.

As another shudder groaned through the ship, she sprinted toward a breach in the guardrail and threw herself overboard in a dive. A heart beat. Two. And she was slicing through the water, her heart aching too much for her to notice the cold.

Her head broke the water near Siren, who's attention was still wholly focused on Rothgar. "I--I'm sorry," Kiri muttered to her captain. She didn't know what was going on with her, but at this point she was too heartbroken to care. "I couldn't save her, the ship--they're killing her..." Her voice cracked at the end and she stopped, a sob crawling up her throat. She barely registered a sharp-voiced sea witch addressing them all, pressure building around her head as the merfolk worked their magic.

--And then... calm... a voice, a note, numbing her even further. Did it really matter whether their ship was gone?

Her eyelids grew heavy, and she began to sink, water closing around the bubble the merpeople had made with a slosh. Distantly, she heard another voice join the first, but she was already too far gone to care...

(Sorry for lateness. Inspiration's been lacking a little for me lol)
Kiri's efforts were fruitless. The sea gushed through the wounds in the hull. The water was too fast, the merpeople too many. When the water reached her chest, she knew it was over.

She trudged numbly up the stairs of the sinking ship, trailed her fingers over the guns--those beautiful guns that would soon be lost to the sea, the guns she would never shoot. When she reached the top deck, she grimly noted that most of the sailors had already been thrown into the water. If she stayed here, she'd likely be sucked down to the depths with the vacuum created by the sinking ship. For a moment, she pondered just letting it happen.

But she was too stubborn for that, a tiny spark of anger at the center of her numbness taking control. The merfolk were taking her guns--her life--from her, and they were going to have to pay.

As another shudder groaned through the ship, she sprinted toward a breach in the guardrail and threw herself overboard in a dive. A heart beat. Two. And she was slicing through the water, her heart aching too much for her to notice the cold.

Her head broke the water near Siren, who's attention was still wholly focused on Rothgar. "I--I'm sorry," Kiri muttered to her captain. She didn't know what was going on with her, but at this point she was too heartbroken to care. "I couldn't save her, the ship--they're killing her..." Her voice cracked at the end and she stopped, a sob crawling up her throat. She barely registered a sharp-voiced sea witch addressing them all, pressure building around her head as the merfolk worked their magic.

--And then... calm... a voice, a note, numbing her even further. Did it really matter whether their ship was gone?

Her eyelids grew heavy, and she began to sink, water closing around the bubble the merpeople had made with a slosh. Distantly, she heard another voice join the first, but she was already too far gone to care...

(Sorry for lateness. Inspiration's been lacking a little for me lol)
croppedsig.png
Titania shrugged. "Well.. I suppose that. But.. I guess it just is a principle thing then. I mean. The humans have the land.. so why should they get the seas as well?" she shrugged. "Not yet. I think Ursula will test these ones. Perhaps let them go when she has proven they aren't here to cross over our seas for their own selfish gains."

She shivered at the sound of the note which came from the siren, and then the note which came from the captain whom had an odd set of gills. Which was.. interesting. Oddly enough, the tone from Oztaluel made her feel serene, calm, cool and collected. while the human's odd cry just made her sneer. It was a poor copy of Oztaluel's voice.

"Let's go." Titania stated, and they dove beneath the waves, the soldiers taking the captain and crew beneath the waves and towards Ursula's palace.

She seized one of the females, the one who had apologized to the captain, and whom had seemed to be so sad that their ship was going down. Tentacles wrapped around her as an air bubble formed around her head.

"That was quick thinking on your part Oztaluel. You have a beautiful voice." she drifted towards Ursula's palace.

the moment she saw them approaching, Ursula swam out to meet them, her body crowned with odd gold kelp and seaweed, slightly see through.

"So. You are the humans responsible for crossing our sacred ground." she hissed. "We have made a deal long ago with your people that this area would be off limits. And you have broken that. So as per the treaty... we sank your ship." her eyes focused on Titania and then Oztaluel, a cold fury crossing ehr glance. "What the heck were you doing out by that ship. Titania.. here.. NOW."

Titania didn't move, instead gesturing towards Siren. "This one has gills like us." She stated. "She tried to copy the voice of Oztaluel."

Ursula's attention was drawn away from Titania and back towards Siren, narrowing like slits. "Half breed." she hissed.

(Btw, titania is carrying Kiri)
Titania shrugged. "Well.. I suppose that. But.. I guess it just is a principle thing then. I mean. The humans have the land.. so why should they get the seas as well?" she shrugged. "Not yet. I think Ursula will test these ones. Perhaps let them go when she has proven they aren't here to cross over our seas for their own selfish gains."

She shivered at the sound of the note which came from the siren, and then the note which came from the captain whom had an odd set of gills. Which was.. interesting. Oddly enough, the tone from Oztaluel made her feel serene, calm, cool and collected. while the human's odd cry just made her sneer. It was a poor copy of Oztaluel's voice.

"Let's go." Titania stated, and they dove beneath the waves, the soldiers taking the captain and crew beneath the waves and towards Ursula's palace.

She seized one of the females, the one who had apologized to the captain, and whom had seemed to be so sad that their ship was going down. Tentacles wrapped around her as an air bubble formed around her head.

"That was quick thinking on your part Oztaluel. You have a beautiful voice." she drifted towards Ursula's palace.

the moment she saw them approaching, Ursula swam out to meet them, her body crowned with odd gold kelp and seaweed, slightly see through.

"So. You are the humans responsible for crossing our sacred ground." she hissed. "We have made a deal long ago with your people that this area would be off limits. And you have broken that. So as per the treaty... we sank your ship." her eyes focused on Titania and then Oztaluel, a cold fury crossing ehr glance. "What the heck were you doing out by that ship. Titania.. here.. NOW."

Titania didn't move, instead gesturing towards Siren. "This one has gills like us." She stated. "She tried to copy the voice of Oztaluel."

Ursula's attention was drawn away from Titania and back towards Siren, narrowing like slits. "Half breed." she hissed.

(Btw, titania is carrying Kiri)
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
(Guys this is forwards Rosa hahah , not Kiri!)

Nayvera calmly approached the two humans , but she still had her amber eyes on the bird. She turned her attention to the male human , who were clearly the birds gaurdian. "This animal intrigues me . What is it? It looks like a seagull , but , it's not. Does it have a name? " Nayvera , for once , patiently awaited a response .
She glanced at the female human , her eyes full of exhaustion. Without notice , the female humans hands slipped off the driftwood to which they were cluched and started to sink rapidly to the seafloor. She didn't have a air bubble around her head , and at this rate she would drown very fast. Time seemed to slow down , and without a second though Nayvera dove down into the water . A almost , protective like state over took her mind , and her only goal were to save this woman.
Her tail flicked back and forth as fast as it could , but being only 16 a young siren didn't have the propulsion as a full grown siren. Alas , she did catch up to the human. Nayvera grabbed her hand , her hands clutched around the woman's. With a startling high note , she started to sing. Nayvera talent were healing , and being a siren she could sing songs that could heal wounds , restore a mers mind , and much more.
Keeping her porcelain hands around the human , a fire like light started to shine from them. Swirls of fire spiraled up their arms . The energy Nayvera had seemed to "flow through" the humans , her mind being at peace and energy restored.
Nayvera hoped That her magic would be strong enough to give the human woman enough energy to swim to the surface and take a breath.
(Guys this is forwards Rosa hahah , not Kiri!)

Nayvera calmly approached the two humans , but she still had her amber eyes on the bird. She turned her attention to the male human , who were clearly the birds gaurdian. "This animal intrigues me . What is it? It looks like a seagull , but , it's not. Does it have a name? " Nayvera , for once , patiently awaited a response .
She glanced at the female human , her eyes full of exhaustion. Without notice , the female humans hands slipped off the driftwood to which they were cluched and started to sink rapidly to the seafloor. She didn't have a air bubble around her head , and at this rate she would drown very fast. Time seemed to slow down , and without a second though Nayvera dove down into the water . A almost , protective like state over took her mind , and her only goal were to save this woman.
Her tail flicked back and forth as fast as it could , but being only 16 a young siren didn't have the propulsion as a full grown siren. Alas , she did catch up to the human. Nayvera grabbed her hand , her hands clutched around the woman's. With a startling high note , she started to sing. Nayvera talent were healing , and being a siren she could sing songs that could heal wounds , restore a mers mind , and much more.
Keeping her porcelain hands around the human , a fire like light started to shine from them. Swirls of fire spiraled up their arms . The energy Nayvera had seemed to "flow through" the humans , her mind being at peace and energy restored.
Nayvera hoped That her magic would be strong enough to give the human woman enough energy to swim to the surface and take a breath.
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
Siren let out a low growl. "Do you know how rare halves are?" she asked the queen. "I'm a quarter, not a half."
She could feel their contempt of her voice, but she also knew she had not unleashed its full power. The truth was, Siren had just as much power in her voice as any true siren, but had rarely chosen to use it.
"In any case, I know not of the treaty of which you speak. Humans live short lives, and often our agreements are forgotten because of this. Also, an agreement one group of humans makes may hold no power over another, as there are many different countries of humans, and they are not all in agreement. We only came to trade with you. We're headed north to obtain a certain item, and wanted to get supplies so that we would not freeze to death."
She glared at the queen. Siren herself would live a longer life than most humans do because of her blood. She felt a pang as she remembered her mother, whose life had been cut short by a human disease. Siren likely would not have become a pirate if her mother had not died when she was small.
Due to her heritage, Sirensong remembered more of her childhood than most humans.
___

Rosa opened her eyes, and was surprised to find herself staring into the eyes of a mermaid child. She went to gasp and inhaled water, and she clawed at the ocean, pulling herself up so she could breathe. Coughing and hacking, she managed to tread water and breathe in that precious air.
Siren let out a low growl. "Do you know how rare halves are?" she asked the queen. "I'm a quarter, not a half."
She could feel their contempt of her voice, but she also knew she had not unleashed its full power. The truth was, Siren had just as much power in her voice as any true siren, but had rarely chosen to use it.
"In any case, I know not of the treaty of which you speak. Humans live short lives, and often our agreements are forgotten because of this. Also, an agreement one group of humans makes may hold no power over another, as there are many different countries of humans, and they are not all in agreement. We only came to trade with you. We're headed north to obtain a certain item, and wanted to get supplies so that we would not freeze to death."
She glared at the queen. Siren herself would live a longer life than most humans do because of her blood. She felt a pang as she remembered her mother, whose life had been cut short by a human disease. Siren likely would not have become a pirate if her mother had not died when she was small.
Due to her heritage, Sirensong remembered more of her childhood than most humans.
___

Rosa opened her eyes, and was surprised to find herself staring into the eyes of a mermaid child. She went to gasp and inhaled water, and she clawed at the ocean, pulling herself up so she could breathe. Coughing and hacking, she managed to tread water and breathe in that precious air.
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
(is it too late to join in? ;;)
(is it too late to join in? ;;)
(As long as you choose to be a pirate, we have open space. @flowheir)
(As long as you choose to be a pirate, we have open space. @flowheir)
(hope there aren't any other Sierras in here >> still working on this ;; )

Name: Sierra
Pirate/Merfolk: Pirate
Stance Toward Other Race: Indifferent, as long as they don't mess with her. Though she's secretly envious of the Merfolk's ability to go where the tides take them.
Skills: Everyone around her swears that she knows the seas like the back of her hand. Though she rarely sees action since she switched jobs when she joined this crew, she is actually a great fighter, be it with swords or guns. Knows a multitude of languages since she's been travelling from a young age.
Background and Personality: Her parents abandoned her on the mountainside when she was an infant and spent her first few years in an orphanage, receiving her name from where she was found. After escaping from the orphanage's underground slave trafficking ring at the age of 6, she spent the next 6 months on the streets of Barcelona, or at travelling Roma campsites when she was lucky. One day, while begging for money on a street corner, a man in his early 30s picked her up after she fainted from hunger and exhaustion. When she awoke, he fed and clothed her and offered her a spot on his ship. Though she didn't trust the man, she knew she had no other option but to take whatever opportunity was placed before her. She then spent the next 10 years learning all that the man -Mikhail- had to teach her about ships, navigation, and combat. Over those years, their bond strengthened and he took the place of both the father and mother he never had -to the point of sometimes playfully calling him Papa or Dad. However, less than a year ago, he disappeared, and so she joined the Bloody Dawn crew to search for him. Since she grew up under rough circumstances, so she's a tough kid. She's very friendly though, and gets along great with everyone. Always has a smile on her face.
Appearance: Oddly beautiful, despite her scars and imperfections acquired through the years. Although nobody knows for sure due to her being an orphan, its pretty certain she is of Roma origins -or at least mixed. Her skin is the color of caramel, though somewhat darker from her time under the sun. Has long, wavy hair that she either keeps loose or tied back with a cloth headband. Has bangs so she doesn't have to worry about that section of hair getting in her face. Though her hair is black, sun exposure has turned the tips of her hair a dark brown, which has a reddish hue to it when it catches light a certain way. Has many freckles across her face and shoulders and a vertical scar across her lip. Some scars on her hands and one or two small ones on her back and shoulders, from the orphanage. Large, inviting light brown eyes, which are often upturned, looking at the stars. Around 5"6. Several ear piercings and always wears jewelry in them, from all the places she's been to. Wardrobe composed of a variety of pieces from around the globe, each unlike the the other, yet dresses so as to allow her to move around the ship with ease.
(hope there aren't any other Sierras in here >> still working on this ;; )

Name: Sierra
Pirate/Merfolk: Pirate
Stance Toward Other Race: Indifferent, as long as they don't mess with her. Though she's secretly envious of the Merfolk's ability to go where the tides take them.
Skills: Everyone around her swears that she knows the seas like the back of her hand. Though she rarely sees action since she switched jobs when she joined this crew, she is actually a great fighter, be it with swords or guns. Knows a multitude of languages since she's been travelling from a young age.
Background and Personality: Her parents abandoned her on the mountainside when she was an infant and spent her first few years in an orphanage, receiving her name from where she was found. After escaping from the orphanage's underground slave trafficking ring at the age of 6, she spent the next 6 months on the streets of Barcelona, or at travelling Roma campsites when she was lucky. One day, while begging for money on a street corner, a man in his early 30s picked her up after she fainted from hunger and exhaustion. When she awoke, he fed and clothed her and offered her a spot on his ship. Though she didn't trust the man, she knew she had no other option but to take whatever opportunity was placed before her. She then spent the next 10 years learning all that the man -Mikhail- had to teach her about ships, navigation, and combat. Over those years, their bond strengthened and he took the place of both the father and mother he never had -to the point of sometimes playfully calling him Papa or Dad. However, less than a year ago, he disappeared, and so she joined the Bloody Dawn crew to search for him. Since she grew up under rough circumstances, so she's a tough kid. She's very friendly though, and gets along great with everyone. Always has a smile on her face.
Appearance: Oddly beautiful, despite her scars and imperfections acquired through the years. Although nobody knows for sure due to her being an orphan, its pretty certain she is of Roma origins -or at least mixed. Her skin is the color of caramel, though somewhat darker from her time under the sun. Has long, wavy hair that she either keeps loose or tied back with a cloth headband. Has bangs so she doesn't have to worry about that section of hair getting in her face. Though her hair is black, sun exposure has turned the tips of her hair a dark brown, which has a reddish hue to it when it catches light a certain way. Has many freckles across her face and shoulders and a vertical scar across her lip. Some scars on her hands and one or two small ones on her back and shoulders, from the orphanage. Large, inviting light brown eyes, which are often upturned, looking at the stars. Around 5"6. Several ear piercings and always wears jewelry in them, from all the places she's been to. Wardrobe composed of a variety of pieces from around the globe, each unlike the the other, yet dresses so as to allow her to move around the ship with ease.
(@flowheir accepted)
(@flowheir accepted)
Jasper laughed and swam after Selena, quickly catching up. He bumped her with his shoulder, grinning as he teased, "You know you love me." It was rather brave on his part, as he wasn't much of a flirt, at least not compared to Caspian. Females had never interested him much, though that might have been because Caspian had either stolen all of them away or they ignored him. But Selena was different, and Jasper guessed that made him different too.

Her blue eyes widened at the chaos above and Amarantha gripped Caspian's arm, moving closer to him. Those were the remnants of a ship, meaning that there were humans either on it or nearby, and humans... humans were dangerous. The fear was evident in her eyes as she stared up at the forms of the crew, praying that they weren't here to do any harm to anyone.

Scott's eyes widened as a mermaid approached him and Rosa, questioned him about Finch. All he could do was stare at her, mouth opening and closing in shock. When Rosa suddenly let go of the wood and began to drift downwards, he let out a cry and dove after her, but the mermaid beat him to her. She drug the girl back to the surface with Scott following closely behind. He grasped Rosa's hand, looking into her face worriedly. "Are you alright?" he questioned. Turning to the mermaid, he nodded a thanks. "Thank you, I don't think I would've been able to get to her quickly enough. And, uh, about my bird... she's a hawk, and her name's Finch. She quite friendly." As if to prove his point, the white bird shuffled over to the trio, cocking her head slightly as she looked at the mermaid.
Jasper laughed and swam after Selena, quickly catching up. He bumped her with his shoulder, grinning as he teased, "You know you love me." It was rather brave on his part, as he wasn't much of a flirt, at least not compared to Caspian. Females had never interested him much, though that might have been because Caspian had either stolen all of them away or they ignored him. But Selena was different, and Jasper guessed that made him different too.

Her blue eyes widened at the chaos above and Amarantha gripped Caspian's arm, moving closer to him. Those were the remnants of a ship, meaning that there were humans either on it or nearby, and humans... humans were dangerous. The fear was evident in her eyes as she stared up at the forms of the crew, praying that they weren't here to do any harm to anyone.

Scott's eyes widened as a mermaid approached him and Rosa, questioned him about Finch. All he could do was stare at her, mouth opening and closing in shock. When Rosa suddenly let go of the wood and began to drift downwards, he let out a cry and dove after her, but the mermaid beat him to her. She drug the girl back to the surface with Scott following closely behind. He grasped Rosa's hand, looking into her face worriedly. "Are you alright?" he questioned. Turning to the mermaid, he nodded a thanks. "Thank you, I don't think I would've been able to get to her quickly enough. And, uh, about my bird... she's a hawk, and her name's Finch. She quite friendly." As if to prove his point, the white bird shuffled over to the trio, cocking her head slightly as she looked at the mermaid.
fWEfcS7.gifzgwzOxw.gifMKMP7Ba.png6D1E8Ta.png
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45 46