Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The hunt (pm me to sign up)
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Ingwaz shrugged.
"I was born in Arcane, but I've moved around a lot, really." From sister clan to sister clan, the auction house once. What a horrible experience that had been. "I'm not really in a clan right now." He wasn't planning on returning for a while anyways. He thought of the flashes of energy he would get, like purple static around his claws.
"I find that using my runes helps get rid of the excess that builds up." He replied. So Elesis was a magic user as well? And seemed somewhat scholarly as well. Passing his silent approval, some of the remaining tension in his shoulders and wings draining out.
Ingwaz shrugged.
"I was born in Arcane, but I've moved around a lot, really." From sister clan to sister clan, the auction house once. What a horrible experience that had been. "I'm not really in a clan right now." He wasn't planning on returning for a while anyways. He thought of the flashes of energy he would get, like purple static around his claws.
"I find that using my runes helps get rid of the excess that builds up." He replied. So Elesis was a magic user as well? And seemed somewhat scholarly as well. Passing his silent approval, some of the remaining tension in his shoulders and wings draining out.
giphy.gif
"Ah, I suppose your runes have more use than fire, then." Elesis shrugged, grinned, rolled her wings to create a sheet of flame midair. The sheet folded in on itself to create a thorny rose for a few moments before turning into sparks and falling to the ground, most of them winking out midair.

"That's the only non-destructive use I have, I'm afraid. Fire isn't always so rosey." She laughed at her own pun. "Runes can encompass everything, right? Or am I misinformed?"
"Ah, I suppose your runes have more use than fire, then." Elesis shrugged, grinned, rolled her wings to create a sheet of flame midair. The sheet folded in on itself to create a thorny rose for a few moments before turning into sparks and falling to the ground, most of them winking out midair.

"That's the only non-destructive use I have, I'm afraid. Fire isn't always so rosey." She laughed at her own pun. "Runes can encompass everything, right? Or am I misinformed?"
TTbPXX8.png
Ingwaz smiled appreciatively of the fiery display, enjoying the beauty of it before it dissipated.

"Runes do have many uses, though very few I can use are applicable for combat situations." He admitted. Fire seemed quite useful to have at your beck and call, though he could see how it getting out of hand would be problematic, to say the least. Isa and Uruz-ice and strength- were enough for most battles anyways, without having to drag out some creative solutions.
Ingwaz smiled appreciatively of the fiery display, enjoying the beauty of it before it dissipated.

"Runes do have many uses, though very few I can use are applicable for combat situations." He admitted. Fire seemed quite useful to have at your beck and call, though he could see how it getting out of hand would be problematic, to say the least. Isa and Uruz-ice and strength- were enough for most battles anyways, without having to drag out some creative solutions.
giphy.gif
"Having fewer options just means you get better with those options," Elesis said with a shrug and a smile. "At least, that's what I tell my trainees when they're bit.ching about me only letting them learn the basics for a month or six."

She tilts her head, her grin becoming more mischievous. "So... How did you and Ara meet?"
"Having fewer options just means you get better with those options," Elesis said with a shrug and a smile. "At least, that's what I tell my trainees when they're bit.ching about me only letting them learn the basics for a month or six."

She tilts her head, her grin becoming more mischievous. "So... How did you and Ara meet?"
TTbPXX8.png
Ingwaz laughed at her rough speech, the smile not dropping from his face even as she continued.
He wondered how do describe the strange circumstances under which he and the nocturne had met.

"I guess you could say we have a mutual friend." Did Sans count as a friend? He knew the guardian for less than a day, but he figured if you slaughtered golems side by side that was enough to grow camaraderie. Regardless of the fact that he and Ara were consequently abandoned after the fact.
"We busted the guest in your infirmary out of the Golem Workshop." What a strange first meeting, he mused.
Ingwaz laughed at her rough speech, the smile not dropping from his face even as she continued.
He wondered how do describe the strange circumstances under which he and the nocturne had met.

"I guess you could say we have a mutual friend." Did Sans count as a friend? He knew the guardian for less than a day, but he figured if you slaughtered golems side by side that was enough to grow camaraderie. Regardless of the fact that he and Ara were consequently abandoned after the fact.
"We busted the guest in your infirmary out of the Golem Workshop." What a strange first meeting, he mused.
giphy.gif
"Ah, the cybernetic Skydancer." Elesis frowned. "Poor dragon... I was wondering what had happened to make him like that. He blundered through our wards all in a panic, and speaking as someone who's tried to break the wards multiple times, that's not easy. It was almost like they didn't recognize him as a living thing."

She shook off that thought with a flicker of fire across her wings and claws, and continued in a much more cheerful tone, "So. You and Ara have fought together, hmm? You know what they say... couples that fight together stay together!"

She looked like she was probably teasing. Probably.
"Ah, the cybernetic Skydancer." Elesis frowned. "Poor dragon... I was wondering what had happened to make him like that. He blundered through our wards all in a panic, and speaking as someone who's tried to break the wards multiple times, that's not easy. It was almost like they didn't recognize him as a living thing."

She shook off that thought with a flicker of fire across her wings and claws, and continued in a much more cheerful tone, "So. You and Ara have fought together, hmm? You know what they say... couples that fight together stay together!"

She looked like she was probably teasing. Probably.
TTbPXX8.png
Ingwaz rumpled his nose.

"I think you're jumping to conclusions a little too quickly." He meant no offense to Ara, of course. She was a perfectly strong and competent dragon, but he barely knew her name let alone anything else. Plus, a relationship probably isn't what he is suited for, not really. The thought was a little depressing, actually, and he blinked away the thought. "We're acquaintances, at best." He stated.
Ingwaz rumpled his nose.

"I think you're jumping to conclusions a little too quickly." He meant no offense to Ara, of course. She was a perfectly strong and competent dragon, but he barely knew her name let alone anything else. Plus, a relationship probably isn't what he is suited for, not really. The thought was a little depressing, actually, and he blinked away the thought. "We're acquaintances, at best." He stated.
giphy.gif
Elesis sighed and shrugged.

"Ah, well. Can't blame a girl for trying," she said. "Oh, you said you had a mutual friend, yes? Who-"

She cut herself off mid-sentence, looking down at the ground so many feet below them and narrowing her eyes. "Do you feel that?"
Elesis sighed and shrugged.

"Ah, well. Can't blame a girl for trying," she said. "Oh, you said you had a mutual friend, yes? Who-"

She cut herself off mid-sentence, looking down at the ground so many feet below them and narrowing her eyes. "Do you feel that?"
TTbPXX8.png
Ingwaz tensed, claws curling. He couldn't quite sense anything from this far up, but he wouldn't think of belittling Elesis' instincts.

"No, what is it?" He asked, following her line of sight and scouring the land for anything that could have spooked the guardian.
Ingwaz tensed, claws curling. He couldn't quite sense anything from this far up, but he wouldn't think of belittling Elesis' instincts.

"No, what is it?" He asked, following her line of sight and scouring the land for anything that could have spooked the guardian.
giphy.gif
Elesis frowned. Fire flickered along her wings again, but dimmer this time, like its fuel was being drained.

"Something's tugging at my magic," she said. "Something like what Ara always comes back covered in, but stronger...."

She glanced up at Ingwaz. "You're a fighter, yes? Want to check it out with me?"
Elesis frowned. Fire flickered along her wings again, but dimmer this time, like its fuel was being drained.

"Something's tugging at my magic," she said. "Something like what Ara always comes back covered in, but stronger...."

She glanced up at Ingwaz. "You're a fighter, yes? Want to check it out with me?"
TTbPXX8.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27