Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Awaken( OOC open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Basically a bird of prey, complex, literate RP. More to come.

This is OUT OF CHARACTER , go here to RP please!

.:Awaken:.
Arise and Awaken, Spirits of the Undying

Plot:

“For many years there was a fragile peace, held by mere threads” the owl looked up, her Cliffside home gave a view to the horizon. The crackle of the fire lit a glow on her feathers, her pale heart-shaped face looked to the sky and she clacked her beak. Her people were not just owls, but a myriad of raptors, and she was Lunara, the greatest Prophet of their time. Long had she been watching the signs of a fore coming evil. Behind her a breeze started to blow and she turned her head to see forms of pale, but glimmering birds.

“Lunara” a Great Horned Owl called “The Great Storm is coming, it’s coming soon”, she let out the breath she had been holding “So soon?” She cocked her head “But, they are not ready, they aren’t even aware, they don’t know their destiny.”

He lowered his head “I know, but something has hastened this, something even I do not know. You must tell them, now, before all hope is lost”.

She ruffled her feathers and stretched her wings. “I have not left this place in many moons, perhaps now is the best time. I know I shall not see it again.”

The forms slowly dissipated into the night air and the wind became still. Behind her she heard a louder, clearer noise. *click* *click* *click*. It was distinct, talons on the stones of her Eyrie. She turned and for a moment was stunned. “No….” This was something even she did not have the benefit or foreseeing.

“Yes, Lunara, yes.” This has been a long time coming.” The form that stood before her was that of an Eagle, an eagle from myth. The Martial Eagle of Tenaris. He was a king of warriors in the jungle, his eagles held the line against evil birds, taken over by spirits and demons, but one day he fell in battle and before they could perform the burial ritual, he was taken by the very evil he sought to destroy.

His eyes blazed with a red fire, blood dripped from his beak and talons, his once proud and beautiful plumage was ragged and broken. He gave a screech and flew at her with outstretched talons. The once proud and regal bird had not been seen in many years, his coming could only mean one thing, the very evil that claimed him was rising and preparing the final assault on Avenia.

A blurry shape comes into view, the red, white and brown shape is rather fuzzy, but the image starts to sharpen. “Where am I?” you ask yourself. This place is just an endless gray fog, there’s no other point of reference, even if you wanted to go somewhere. The figure shapes, it’s an owl, a Barn Owl, and she’s wounded. Blood drips from her face, her legs and wings, her back, deep puncture wounds are visible and still ooze blood.

“My child, do not be frightened” she said, limping toward you “This was the only way I could be sure to reach you in my weakened state; this is a dream…. of sorts.”

You take all the information in, “Just a dream?” You wonder, starting to calm down, but it felt so real. But it would explain some things. “There isn’t much time, since the war we have been divided, but these burned bridges must be remade, the evil we sought to destroy on the summit of Mt. Kathalan has returned, it has been watching, waiting for this moment.
You and many others must do this; otherwise we will all meet Solaris very soon. The days have been growing darker as the evil gathers its forces, they will come bearing beaks and talons, some have even created weapons and armor, sold their souls for power, and you must take great care.

A worry starts to build in you, “Why me?” you ask yourself, “She seems very serious and it seems real. What could you hope to do about it? Who else is supposed to fix this? How could you do anything about it?” She looked deep into your eyes and gave a slow nod “Do not doubt yourself, there will be many challenges ahead, but you must believe in yourself and your allies. Venture forth to the Sacred Well, there you will find your answers.
The Sacred Well was a place deep in the Karhal Forest, a coniferous forest to the north. It was guarded by a group that called themselves The Stavall Guard; those who pledged themselves in the service of the God Stavall, depicted as a Peregrine Falcon, his blue feathers were as dark as the sky and shone with the stars of the night. Outsiders were highly unwelcome and aggressive behavior was not tolerated. It was said Stavall’s Tears fell from the sky and created the Well as he saw the war rage, that the well had mystical properties of healing and to the chosen could show what was, is, and could be for those brave enough to bathe in it. But for the rest, deaths like burning of a hundred fires.

The war had been before your time, but veterans of the war were still among you, many ragged and scarred. It was said the war started over the death of the Heir of Aelon, the Peregrine Falcon prince of the Aelon line, it was an untimely death no matter how you looked at it, but the actual cause of death was contested. Poisoning, dark magic, betrayal by his closest friend and guard, poor health, there were many speculations. It was as if she could read your thoughts “It was an assassination by outsiders, the assassin still lives and takes money from our enemy to continue his work, he will target you and others like you”

“King Escallion leads these dark forces; beware him, for he is a mighty and terrible enemy”. She winced as she said this, looking closer at her wounds, they did seem to be done by another raptor, one larger than her, and again she seemed to know what was on your mind “Yes, he pursues me still, I must leave soon.” Your beak dropped, it had been years since he was seen, to many he was just another tale, something parents told their chicks and fledglings to get them to behave. What other stories were true?

The mist surrounding you seemed to waver a bit and familiar settings started to show. Even this grievously injured owl seemed to be of some comfort to you. “Many have heard the call in this life, and even fewer will heed it. To few will the Well accept to be given great power to wield, be careful with it, it is a double-edged sword. The more power you use, the greater the chance you will be consumed by it”

She looked at you with her now steely gaze “Remember, everything has a consequence, nothing in life is free”.

“There have been many untimely deaths, my dear” she quietly churred “The only explanation for this… is my sister and the spirits of the Undying. We worked together, scrying and deciphering signs, until they found us and took her. I thought they killed her. If she has turned, she must be killed, if she has not she must be freed. This is the only way to blind them to our plans if we are to have any hope of winning this new war.

There are some spirits in this world, the Undying. There is a prophecy of these Undying. They take forms among us, even if they do not know it, and lay dormant until called upon for righteous purposes. But they must be Awakened at the Well, only then can they serve their true purpose. I can sense you are one of them. Over the years, our enemy has found them and killed them when they can, hoping they will keep having to be reborn and never be able to complete their journey to the Well. You must, for all of Avenia, you must.”

With these last words you hear a screech of anger, but not from her; she turned her head and painfully took flight. Not nearly as quietly as an owl should, but she didn’t have the strength to do that anymore. Dust flies up from her flight and you shut your eyes to stop the dust from getting in your eyes. You open them, but the rest of the dream world has faded. She’s gone, but her words still ring in your ears.

Please note that The Gods are positions that are open (Will be more formally put into play when they are awakened from their sleep). You may also ask to create a new God or Goddess or Demigod. No Demigods are asleep, but all the Gods are. (At this point). Please give a description of the God or Goddess and what they are like, who would worship them and what they lord over.

Both Seers that are mentioned are also open, or you can create your own. If you have any questions on a character you wish to be or create, do not be afraid to ask. King Escallion is also up for grabs.

Form:

Username:
Name:
Species:
Allegiance: (To a person, Line of royals, etc)
Personality: (can be RP'd out, but give a brief input here)

Spirit: (If you choose a spirit, write that here. Otherwise erase this line)
(include Who they were in their most recent life before being killed. You can include other past lives as well, but the most recent death is a must.)

Description: (photo or written, do not steal random internet pictures. You may commission someone.)

History:
Family:
Girl/Boyfriend/Spouse:(if none erase this line)
Weapon:(swords, daggers, poisons, magics, etc)
Strengths: (no, these are not super powers, but please tell us 3 things your character is really good at!)
Weaknesses: (things such as fears, phobias, or things like poor communicator, aggressive, greedy, etc. please give us at least 2!)
Partner/friends/ enemies: (If none, erase this line)
Other?:

Rules:

1. Follow all of Flight Rising's rules. All mating, etc. must fade to black.

2. Respect each other, including the RP creator. Try not to ignore the other players.

3. If you are going to be gone, let us know. I know most of us have lives, and I respect that.

4. Please speak with () [] or { } if you are out of character.

5. We may be playing fantasy creatures, but please don't go totally crazy with the powers. No god modding, power playing, etc. No auto hitting/dodging.

6. That being said, please no killing/seriously injuring other peoples characters unless with permission.

7. This is a literate RP, meaning I expect at least seven sentences if not more. Also please try with spelling and grammar.

8. You can have up to 2 characters, pick wisely.

9. Don't steal art (Saying it isn't yours and linking a random picture still counts as taking it without permission)from the internet to use for your character picture, if you don't have a picture then describe well. (8-10 good sentences)

10. If you wish to remove a character and add a new one (say you want to RP as a different species, but you already have 2 characters), fill out the form and write that it is a replacement and allow someone to kill your character or have them disappear or something, do not leave them hanging.

13. While species are generally good/bad based on the war, they can change sides by doing good deeds or bad deeds. But the change must be gradual, they can't just kill someone right off the bat and say "Okay, now I'm bad", the character that was good would really fight themselves on killing an innocent/good person and probably have some lingering regret before being "bad".

14. If you have multiple characters, you can have them interact and do everything except romantic relationships... come on, you can do better than that!

I will add more rules as needed, please check to make sure you are UTD on them!

If you wish your character to have a unique/rarer power/ability please PM me.
Basically a bird of prey, complex, literate RP. More to come.

This is OUT OF CHARACTER , go here to RP please!

.:Awaken:.
Arise and Awaken, Spirits of the Undying

Plot:

“For many years there was a fragile peace, held by mere threads” the owl looked up, her Cliffside home gave a view to the horizon. The crackle of the fire lit a glow on her feathers, her pale heart-shaped face looked to the sky and she clacked her beak. Her people were not just owls, but a myriad of raptors, and she was Lunara, the greatest Prophet of their time. Long had she been watching the signs of a fore coming evil. Behind her a breeze started to blow and she turned her head to see forms of pale, but glimmering birds.

“Lunara” a Great Horned Owl called “The Great Storm is coming, it’s coming soon”, she let out the breath she had been holding “So soon?” She cocked her head “But, they are not ready, they aren’t even aware, they don’t know their destiny.”

He lowered his head “I know, but something has hastened this, something even I do not know. You must tell them, now, before all hope is lost”.

She ruffled her feathers and stretched her wings. “I have not left this place in many moons, perhaps now is the best time. I know I shall not see it again.”

The forms slowly dissipated into the night air and the wind became still. Behind her she heard a louder, clearer noise. *click* *click* *click*. It was distinct, talons on the stones of her Eyrie. She turned and for a moment was stunned. “No….” This was something even she did not have the benefit or foreseeing.

“Yes, Lunara, yes.” This has been a long time coming.” The form that stood before her was that of an Eagle, an eagle from myth. The Martial Eagle of Tenaris. He was a king of warriors in the jungle, his eagles held the line against evil birds, taken over by spirits and demons, but one day he fell in battle and before they could perform the burial ritual, he was taken by the very evil he sought to destroy.

His eyes blazed with a red fire, blood dripped from his beak and talons, his once proud and beautiful plumage was ragged and broken. He gave a screech and flew at her with outstretched talons. The once proud and regal bird had not been seen in many years, his coming could only mean one thing, the very evil that claimed him was rising and preparing the final assault on Avenia.

A blurry shape comes into view, the red, white and brown shape is rather fuzzy, but the image starts to sharpen. “Where am I?” you ask yourself. This place is just an endless gray fog, there’s no other point of reference, even if you wanted to go somewhere. The figure shapes, it’s an owl, a Barn Owl, and she’s wounded. Blood drips from her face, her legs and wings, her back, deep puncture wounds are visible and still ooze blood.

“My child, do not be frightened” she said, limping toward you “This was the only way I could be sure to reach you in my weakened state; this is a dream…. of sorts.”

You take all the information in, “Just a dream?” You wonder, starting to calm down, but it felt so real. But it would explain some things. “There isn’t much time, since the war we have been divided, but these burned bridges must be remade, the evil we sought to destroy on the summit of Mt. Kathalan has returned, it has been watching, waiting for this moment.
You and many others must do this; otherwise we will all meet Solaris very soon. The days have been growing darker as the evil gathers its forces, they will come bearing beaks and talons, some have even created weapons and armor, sold their souls for power, and you must take great care.

A worry starts to build in you, “Why me?” you ask yourself, “She seems very serious and it seems real. What could you hope to do about it? Who else is supposed to fix this? How could you do anything about it?” She looked deep into your eyes and gave a slow nod “Do not doubt yourself, there will be many challenges ahead, but you must believe in yourself and your allies. Venture forth to the Sacred Well, there you will find your answers.
The Sacred Well was a place deep in the Karhal Forest, a coniferous forest to the north. It was guarded by a group that called themselves The Stavall Guard; those who pledged themselves in the service of the God Stavall, depicted as a Peregrine Falcon, his blue feathers were as dark as the sky and shone with the stars of the night. Outsiders were highly unwelcome and aggressive behavior was not tolerated. It was said Stavall’s Tears fell from the sky and created the Well as he saw the war rage, that the well had mystical properties of healing and to the chosen could show what was, is, and could be for those brave enough to bathe in it. But for the rest, deaths like burning of a hundred fires.

The war had been before your time, but veterans of the war were still among you, many ragged and scarred. It was said the war started over the death of the Heir of Aelon, the Peregrine Falcon prince of the Aelon line, it was an untimely death no matter how you looked at it, but the actual cause of death was contested. Poisoning, dark magic, betrayal by his closest friend and guard, poor health, there were many speculations. It was as if she could read your thoughts “It was an assassination by outsiders, the assassin still lives and takes money from our enemy to continue his work, he will target you and others like you”

“King Escallion leads these dark forces; beware him, for he is a mighty and terrible enemy”. She winced as she said this, looking closer at her wounds, they did seem to be done by another raptor, one larger than her, and again she seemed to know what was on your mind “Yes, he pursues me still, I must leave soon.” Your beak dropped, it had been years since he was seen, to many he was just another tale, something parents told their chicks and fledglings to get them to behave. What other stories were true?

The mist surrounding you seemed to waver a bit and familiar settings started to show. Even this grievously injured owl seemed to be of some comfort to you. “Many have heard the call in this life, and even fewer will heed it. To few will the Well accept to be given great power to wield, be careful with it, it is a double-edged sword. The more power you use, the greater the chance you will be consumed by it”

She looked at you with her now steely gaze “Remember, everything has a consequence, nothing in life is free”.

“There have been many untimely deaths, my dear” she quietly churred “The only explanation for this… is my sister and the spirits of the Undying. We worked together, scrying and deciphering signs, until they found us and took her. I thought they killed her. If she has turned, she must be killed, if she has not she must be freed. This is the only way to blind them to our plans if we are to have any hope of winning this new war.

There are some spirits in this world, the Undying. There is a prophecy of these Undying. They take forms among us, even if they do not know it, and lay dormant until called upon for righteous purposes. But they must be Awakened at the Well, only then can they serve their true purpose. I can sense you are one of them. Over the years, our enemy has found them and killed them when they can, hoping they will keep having to be reborn and never be able to complete their journey to the Well. You must, for all of Avenia, you must.”

With these last words you hear a screech of anger, but not from her; she turned her head and painfully took flight. Not nearly as quietly as an owl should, but she didn’t have the strength to do that anymore. Dust flies up from her flight and you shut your eyes to stop the dust from getting in your eyes. You open them, but the rest of the dream world has faded. She’s gone, but her words still ring in your ears.

Please note that The Gods are positions that are open (Will be more formally put into play when they are awakened from their sleep). You may also ask to create a new God or Goddess or Demigod. No Demigods are asleep, but all the Gods are. (At this point). Please give a description of the God or Goddess and what they are like, who would worship them and what they lord over.

Both Seers that are mentioned are also open, or you can create your own. If you have any questions on a character you wish to be or create, do not be afraid to ask. King Escallion is also up for grabs.

Form:

Username:
Name:
Species:
Allegiance: (To a person, Line of royals, etc)
Personality: (can be RP'd out, but give a brief input here)

Spirit: (If you choose a spirit, write that here. Otherwise erase this line)
(include Who they were in their most recent life before being killed. You can include other past lives as well, but the most recent death is a must.)

Description: (photo or written, do not steal random internet pictures. You may commission someone.)

History:
Family:
Girl/Boyfriend/Spouse:(if none erase this line)
Weapon:(swords, daggers, poisons, magics, etc)
Strengths: (no, these are not super powers, but please tell us 3 things your character is really good at!)
Weaknesses: (things such as fears, phobias, or things like poor communicator, aggressive, greedy, etc. please give us at least 2!)
Partner/friends/ enemies: (If none, erase this line)
Other?:

Rules:

1. Follow all of Flight Rising's rules. All mating, etc. must fade to black.

2. Respect each other, including the RP creator. Try not to ignore the other players.

3. If you are going to be gone, let us know. I know most of us have lives, and I respect that.

4. Please speak with () [] or { } if you are out of character.

5. We may be playing fantasy creatures, but please don't go totally crazy with the powers. No god modding, power playing, etc. No auto hitting/dodging.

6. That being said, please no killing/seriously injuring other peoples characters unless with permission.

7. This is a literate RP, meaning I expect at least seven sentences if not more. Also please try with spelling and grammar.

8. You can have up to 2 characters, pick wisely.

9. Don't steal art (Saying it isn't yours and linking a random picture still counts as taking it without permission)from the internet to use for your character picture, if you don't have a picture then describe well. (8-10 good sentences)

10. If you wish to remove a character and add a new one (say you want to RP as a different species, but you already have 2 characters), fill out the form and write that it is a replacement and allow someone to kill your character or have them disappear or something, do not leave them hanging.

13. While species are generally good/bad based on the war, they can change sides by doing good deeds or bad deeds. But the change must be gradual, they can't just kill someone right off the bat and say "Okay, now I'm bad", the character that was good would really fight themselves on killing an innocent/good person and probably have some lingering regret before being "bad".

14. If you have multiple characters, you can have them interact and do everything except romantic relationships... come on, you can do better than that!

I will add more rules as needed, please check to make sure you are UTD on them!

If you wish your character to have a unique/rarer power/ability please PM me.
The Found Lands (The known lands of Avenia by the raptors that live there)

Avenia is a vast land of their world. It is run by the raptors, but encompasses many other avian species, mammals, and such. For the most part, please keep characters as flightful raptors unless you have a specific role in mind (Please ask before creating that character).

Kylashna is Northern artic land , it is tough to survive as prey, materials, and places to nest are sparse. Usually only Snowy and Great Gray owls frequent the scenery. A few Eagles live there as well, but smaller falcons and Accipiters (Except goshawks) often cannot survive it. To get there you must pass the Gale mountain range, named so because of the harsh winds that often slam birds into the sides and throws them around the air like ragdolls. It is like being in a small tornado, so many smaller birds are hesitant in making the journey.

Kylashna has several large lakes in the tundra environment. From East to West, the lakes are Talus, a group of five lakes known as the Frosted Lakes, and Sacryn Lake. Talus Lake is the deepest and is the last to freeze over when the conditions are present. The Frosted Lakes are Nal, Tcha, Fangor, Kiel and Svata, they are the most shallow and are covered in a thin layer of the ice for most of the year. Ice fishing is a common food source from the Frosted Lakes. Sacryn Lake is considered forbidden to all.

There are few refuges in the Gale Range, but the Turan Monks that live in the ranges often act as Sherpas, guiding birds through the mountains or showing them safe places to sleep. They are quiet and secretive monks that devote themselves to recording events and peace. Mixed into the Gale Range are groups of Golden Eagles, they hunt on the short area of Zael Plains between the Karhal Forest and the Gale Range as well as in the mountains. Forever missing raptors in the area are said to have fallen to Eagles, but they deny such things.

Past the Gale Range is the Karhal forest, a large coniferous forest teeming with life, and somewhere within lies the Well of Stavall, many birds know of it that live here, but few actually know the true location. Many birds call the forest home, but Eagles tend to find the forest too dense to hunt well in. A few landmarks within the forest are the Lake of Lies, The Blood Pine, Jagged Creek, Frostbite Talon Pass, and Long Shadow Pass.

The Lake of Lies is filled with fresh water, fish, and around it is bountiful. During the Drought of a Thousand Years, all other water sources dried up and migrating birds searched for a water source, their leader was said to have told them the lake was only a few minutes away every time they asked, trying to keep up morale, but the group suffered and died one by one of dehydration until only he was left. Close to death, he prayed for it, but instead the sky responded with a boom and it started to pour. The drought was over, and he recovered, only to find out the lake from where they were, really was only a few minutes away. The lake cannot be seen by the air because of the tall crowns of the pines. The lake overflow becomes the South Marsh River, as it flows out of the forest into the South Marsh. Around the lake Fish/Sea Eagles nest as well as Ospreys who often clash with the few remaining Eagles. Any eagle not killed in the war was no longer welcome and many left to find other nesting grounds.

The Blood Pine was the site of a mighty battle; the Eagles were allied with the Hawks, the Falcons and Buteos, and Kites on the other. The Eagles had invaded the Forest where the Falcons had created a haven, a group went out to confront them, badly outnumbered, but they went out nonetheless to give the rest time to evacuate and hide. They withdrew to a lone pine and rallied to it, desperately trying to hold off the Eagles and their allies, they started losing and the wood of the pine was drenched with the blood of Martyrs and Tyrants. The Eagles were victories, but even they took considerable losses from the tenacity of the fighters, they were forced to retreat and wait for reinforcements before advancing again, but by then the Falcons were ghosts in the wind and their leadership had been saved, along with many of their mates and children. The blood of the Eagles washed out over the rains, but the rest of the blood remained, even the growth of new needles were tinged red, the top of the crown was the most red and some people say it drips blood, and the tree seemed to grow much faster and taller than the rest. From the top of the tree you can see the peaks of both mountain ranges to the North and East, to the West you can see the Channel and even she shore across it. To the South you can see across the Stratus Plains until they too become part of the Syhal Desert.

Jagged Creek is the largest creek in the area, but it was formed more recently after seismic activity. It broke of the top layer of limestone and pushed the rock to the surface in large chunks. The river flows from a natural aquifer underground and it flows from north to south. It is a clear creek and at its deepest is 20 feet, but easily overflows its banks after heavy rains. The river is a tributary to the Lake of Lies.

The South Marsh is South of Karhal forest and the forage becomes shorter and more scrub like. The Marsh is freshwater closer to the Lake, but as it heads toward the Lyte Sea, it becomes more brackish until it is salty. Snail Kites nest in the area because it is rich in snails, some Eagles driven from the Lake of Lies settled here; though they are still unwelcome they are tolerated. Eagles from the Lake have to work harder to find prey of any kind and scrape a meager existence from the Marsh. Other more smaller and nimble raptors can easily catch lizards snakes, frogs, fish and other sources of food.

Frozen Talon Pass is the most used pass to gain access to the Northern Tundra climate. Though it is not as active during the war, it is still monitored closely by Snowy Owls, and they deny access to anyone they think could be a threat to them. The pass takes about three days to get to if you are a strong flier and can make it through the strong buffetings winds. Most travelers bring a week’s worth of food with them in case they are stranded by a snowstorm, an incident that happens all too often and not easily forgotten. The namesake of the pass comes from an unknown traveler trying to find refuge in the calmer northern territories, but a bad snowstorm moved in and he barely find a cave to seek shelter in. He could not start a fire and fell asleep. When he awoke, he realized his feet were frozen to icy cave floor and frostbitten. He had to gnaw off his talons to escape the cave and almost died from blood loss before Turan monks found him and saved him.

Long Shadow Pass is a much longer pass, but is much easier to navigate. Due to the position of the sun on the rocky formations, flying through the pass is almost like flying at night because of how dark it becomes. The pass becomes warmer as you approach Syhal desert and thermals fill the pass making it an easier journey on the wings. Some older and poorer fliers will come though Long Shadow Pass , fly north across Veneer Straight and continue north the Costal Colony of Gyrfalcons before finding a caravan again headed West to avoid Frozen Talon Pass.

The North Syhal desert, “The Red Sea” is home to many Burrowing Owls, Aplomado falcons, Harris’s Hawks, but other Buteos, Eagles and owls may live in the area. Cactus and other succulent plants are frequent, but small grasses and Shrubs can be found. Important places in the desert are Deserter Canyon, The Eternal Flame, Lookout Spindle, Broken Beak Well and The Tree. Fargo Range rocks are layered and weathered by flying sand grains, many of them are beautiful formations. Some of these formations have been shaped into the likeness of Nyktha, and to tamper or desecrate them is also death. The range is shorter than the Northern Gale Range and is considerably more pleasant. More venomous animals and plants live in Syhal Desert than any other and many birds can easily become dehydrated, disoriented, lost and die from exposure.

Deserter Canyon was a place in the conquest of the Red Sea, late in the war, where Eagle overlords found a plan where many of their followers and slaves planned on defecting or otherwise deserting their commander. Before the defectors could actually implement their plan, they were killed and their bodies dumped in the Canyon. After the massacre, word got out from the few survivors about what had happened and many birds, the sickly, weak, old and young that had not gone to war took it upon themselves to retrieve the bodies and to give them proper burials to their customs.

The Eternal Flame is on the Northern part of the Desert where birds who call themselves The Vigilant Guard keep a large flame alive. Depending on the weather conditions, the flame color is changed with salts found in the desert. The flame can be seen for miles and often guides birds in from the Veneer Straight who would otherwise not be able to find land, especially in poor weather conditions. The Vigilant Guard also guides strangers through the desert, provides food or water to travelers and gives them a safe place to stay. Though, they are not soft, to try and tamper with the flame is death by the fire. They are fiercely devoted to Nyktha, the Goddess of the Desert. The Flame is not a burden, but a great honor for them. They have a large temple dedicated to her and it is customary to give a small donation to the Guard or Nyktha as thanks. Many of these birds will spread to other areas to try and find birds to bring to their cause to glorify Nyktha.

Lookout Spindle is in the Fargo Range that Long Shadow Pass belongs to. The Pass divides Karhal Forest from the Desert. The Spindle is a very dense and hard rock, all that is left from weathered rocks standing high into the sky. It has been chiseled into a small guard post that can cover the Karhal Forest and South Syhal where invaders might come through.

Broken Beak Well is more of a Desert Oasis with lush plant life, deep clear pools and more prey than the surrounding areas. It was named so from the remarks of an early cartographer marking the area, saying “Whoever dug this Well must surely have a broken beak”. The Well has evolved into a trading post as well, with services and goods available year round, most of the locals are burrowing owls, but many outsiders wanting to flaunt their wares will set up at the well. The Guard often tries to recruit travelers at the Well, the Flame is even visible on a clear night from it. News from the Well quickly spreads to the rest of Avenia.

The Tree is a massive Oak Tree in the middle of the Desert. Before the war is was alive and flourishing, but even though it was not attacked, after the war it slowly withered until it was dry and rotting. Many people wonder how it survived so far from water for so long, and why it died, but these are mysteries yet to be solved. Some say Spirits of the dead gather at the tree, lost and not wanting to leave the only nearby landmark in the expanse of the desert and you can hear their shrieks with the groaning of the trees on cold nights.

The South Syhal Desert is thought to be smaller than the Northern Syhal, but the maps were lost of the rest of the lands. Much of Avenia’s cartographers were targeted during the war and their maps destroyed to avoid them falling into enemy hands. Any uncharted places were believed to have been charted at one point, but are now called The Lost Lands. Few explorers and cartographers remained after the war to complete them again. The South Syhal is even more so a desert wasteland than the North, it has fiercer winds and biting sands as far as the eye can see. There is less vegetation and even less prey. It is difficult to navigate or survive in. There are massive rolling sand dunes that constantly change making navigation or mapping even more difficult.

The Stratus Plains are immense plains that slowly become sandier until you only see the golden sands of the South Syhal Desert. The plains can be home to just about any bird, it has few trees, but enough to nest in if required, has water sources and seasonal rains. Sometimes large storms can build due to the obstacle free area, and supercell storms or tornados can be a threat to inhabitants, one of these storms ended the Drought of a Thousand Years. Wildfires can break out from birds or lighting and can be just as deadly.

There are few landmarks in the Stratus Plains but there is a formation of rocks that are like large steps they call The Steps, it is unknown how they were built, what rocks they were carved from, how they were moved, or what purpose they have, but like the Tree, they have been there longer than any memory or notes of the first travelers.

The map of territories, the Eagles are in blue, the Owls and Harris in Orange, the Falcons in Green and Yellow is mostly Hawks, but Kites and Ospreys also live here.

The maps slowed down the loading of the page and you could not zoom in on them. So please click this link to my dA stash to view and zoom in on them. Thanks!

Clicky!

The Lost Lands ( Known of by Avenia, but lost to them. The raptors that live there call is Karyst (CARE~ist)

Karyst is also known as The Land of Eagles, but not the types that inhabit Avenia. The Eagles that live here are militaristic and unified. They avoid shady alliances with unreasonable birds that have selfish motives. Much of the land is a jungle valley with large mountain ranges impassable to the inexperienced bird. The Eagles and other birds have strong bonds to one another regardless if by blood, fellowship, species or other. Honor and Justice are strong principles the lands

[/b]

The Found Lands (The known lands of Avenia by the raptors that live there)

Avenia is a vast land of their world. It is run by the raptors, but encompasses many other avian species, mammals, and such. For the most part, please keep characters as flightful raptors unless you have a specific role in mind (Please ask before creating that character).

Kylashna is Northern artic land , it is tough to survive as prey, materials, and places to nest are sparse. Usually only Snowy and Great Gray owls frequent the scenery. A few Eagles live there as well, but smaller falcons and Accipiters (Except goshawks) often cannot survive it. To get there you must pass the Gale mountain range, named so because of the harsh winds that often slam birds into the sides and throws them around the air like ragdolls. It is like being in a small tornado, so many smaller birds are hesitant in making the journey.

Kylashna has several large lakes in the tundra environment. From East to West, the lakes are Talus, a group of five lakes known as the Frosted Lakes, and Sacryn Lake. Talus Lake is the deepest and is the last to freeze over when the conditions are present. The Frosted Lakes are Nal, Tcha, Fangor, Kiel and Svata, they are the most shallow and are covered in a thin layer of the ice for most of the year. Ice fishing is a common food source from the Frosted Lakes. Sacryn Lake is considered forbidden to all.

There are few refuges in the Gale Range, but the Turan Monks that live in the ranges often act as Sherpas, guiding birds through the mountains or showing them safe places to sleep. They are quiet and secretive monks that devote themselves to recording events and peace. Mixed into the Gale Range are groups of Golden Eagles, they hunt on the short area of Zael Plains between the Karhal Forest and the Gale Range as well as in the mountains. Forever missing raptors in the area are said to have fallen to Eagles, but they deny such things.

Past the Gale Range is the Karhal forest, a large coniferous forest teeming with life, and somewhere within lies the Well of Stavall, many birds know of it that live here, but few actually know the true location. Many birds call the forest home, but Eagles tend to find the forest too dense to hunt well in. A few landmarks within the forest are the Lake of Lies, The Blood Pine, Jagged Creek, Frostbite Talon Pass, and Long Shadow Pass.

The Lake of Lies is filled with fresh water, fish, and around it is bountiful. During the Drought of a Thousand Years, all other water sources dried up and migrating birds searched for a water source, their leader was said to have told them the lake was only a few minutes away every time they asked, trying to keep up morale, but the group suffered and died one by one of dehydration until only he was left. Close to death, he prayed for it, but instead the sky responded with a boom and it started to pour. The drought was over, and he recovered, only to find out the lake from where they were, really was only a few minutes away. The lake cannot be seen by the air because of the tall crowns of the pines. The lake overflow becomes the South Marsh River, as it flows out of the forest into the South Marsh. Around the lake Fish/Sea Eagles nest as well as Ospreys who often clash with the few remaining Eagles. Any eagle not killed in the war was no longer welcome and many left to find other nesting grounds.

The Blood Pine was the site of a mighty battle; the Eagles were allied with the Hawks, the Falcons and Buteos, and Kites on the other. The Eagles had invaded the Forest where the Falcons had created a haven, a group went out to confront them, badly outnumbered, but they went out nonetheless to give the rest time to evacuate and hide. They withdrew to a lone pine and rallied to it, desperately trying to hold off the Eagles and their allies, they started losing and the wood of the pine was drenched with the blood of Martyrs and Tyrants. The Eagles were victories, but even they took considerable losses from the tenacity of the fighters, they were forced to retreat and wait for reinforcements before advancing again, but by then the Falcons were ghosts in the wind and their leadership had been saved, along with many of their mates and children. The blood of the Eagles washed out over the rains, but the rest of the blood remained, even the growth of new needles were tinged red, the top of the crown was the most red and some people say it drips blood, and the tree seemed to grow much faster and taller than the rest. From the top of the tree you can see the peaks of both mountain ranges to the North and East, to the West you can see the Channel and even she shore across it. To the South you can see across the Stratus Plains until they too become part of the Syhal Desert.

Jagged Creek is the largest creek in the area, but it was formed more recently after seismic activity. It broke of the top layer of limestone and pushed the rock to the surface in large chunks. The river flows from a natural aquifer underground and it flows from north to south. It is a clear creek and at its deepest is 20 feet, but easily overflows its banks after heavy rains. The river is a tributary to the Lake of Lies.

The South Marsh is South of Karhal forest and the forage becomes shorter and more scrub like. The Marsh is freshwater closer to the Lake, but as it heads toward the Lyte Sea, it becomes more brackish until it is salty. Snail Kites nest in the area because it is rich in snails, some Eagles driven from the Lake of Lies settled here; though they are still unwelcome they are tolerated. Eagles from the Lake have to work harder to find prey of any kind and scrape a meager existence from the Marsh. Other more smaller and nimble raptors can easily catch lizards snakes, frogs, fish and other sources of food.

Frozen Talon Pass is the most used pass to gain access to the Northern Tundra climate. Though it is not as active during the war, it is still monitored closely by Snowy Owls, and they deny access to anyone they think could be a threat to them. The pass takes about three days to get to if you are a strong flier and can make it through the strong buffetings winds. Most travelers bring a week’s worth of food with them in case they are stranded by a snowstorm, an incident that happens all too often and not easily forgotten. The namesake of the pass comes from an unknown traveler trying to find refuge in the calmer northern territories, but a bad snowstorm moved in and he barely find a cave to seek shelter in. He could not start a fire and fell asleep. When he awoke, he realized his feet were frozen to icy cave floor and frostbitten. He had to gnaw off his talons to escape the cave and almost died from blood loss before Turan monks found him and saved him.

Long Shadow Pass is a much longer pass, but is much easier to navigate. Due to the position of the sun on the rocky formations, flying through the pass is almost like flying at night because of how dark it becomes. The pass becomes warmer as you approach Syhal desert and thermals fill the pass making it an easier journey on the wings. Some older and poorer fliers will come though Long Shadow Pass , fly north across Veneer Straight and continue north the Costal Colony of Gyrfalcons before finding a caravan again headed West to avoid Frozen Talon Pass.

The North Syhal desert, “The Red Sea” is home to many Burrowing Owls, Aplomado falcons, Harris’s Hawks, but other Buteos, Eagles and owls may live in the area. Cactus and other succulent plants are frequent, but small grasses and Shrubs can be found. Important places in the desert are Deserter Canyon, The Eternal Flame, Lookout Spindle, Broken Beak Well and The Tree. Fargo Range rocks are layered and weathered by flying sand grains, many of them are beautiful formations. Some of these formations have been shaped into the likeness of Nyktha, and to tamper or desecrate them is also death. The range is shorter than the Northern Gale Range and is considerably more pleasant. More venomous animals and plants live in Syhal Desert than any other and many birds can easily become dehydrated, disoriented, lost and die from exposure.

Deserter Canyon was a place in the conquest of the Red Sea, late in the war, where Eagle overlords found a plan where many of their followers and slaves planned on defecting or otherwise deserting their commander. Before the defectors could actually implement their plan, they were killed and their bodies dumped in the Canyon. After the massacre, word got out from the few survivors about what had happened and many birds, the sickly, weak, old and young that had not gone to war took it upon themselves to retrieve the bodies and to give them proper burials to their customs.

The Eternal Flame is on the Northern part of the Desert where birds who call themselves The Vigilant Guard keep a large flame alive. Depending on the weather conditions, the flame color is changed with salts found in the desert. The flame can be seen for miles and often guides birds in from the Veneer Straight who would otherwise not be able to find land, especially in poor weather conditions. The Vigilant Guard also guides strangers through the desert, provides food or water to travelers and gives them a safe place to stay. Though, they are not soft, to try and tamper with the flame is death by the fire. They are fiercely devoted to Nyktha, the Goddess of the Desert. The Flame is not a burden, but a great honor for them. They have a large temple dedicated to her and it is customary to give a small donation to the Guard or Nyktha as thanks. Many of these birds will spread to other areas to try and find birds to bring to their cause to glorify Nyktha.

Lookout Spindle is in the Fargo Range that Long Shadow Pass belongs to. The Pass divides Karhal Forest from the Desert. The Spindle is a very dense and hard rock, all that is left from weathered rocks standing high into the sky. It has been chiseled into a small guard post that can cover the Karhal Forest and South Syhal where invaders might come through.

Broken Beak Well is more of a Desert Oasis with lush plant life, deep clear pools and more prey than the surrounding areas. It was named so from the remarks of an early cartographer marking the area, saying “Whoever dug this Well must surely have a broken beak”. The Well has evolved into a trading post as well, with services and goods available year round, most of the locals are burrowing owls, but many outsiders wanting to flaunt their wares will set up at the well. The Guard often tries to recruit travelers at the Well, the Flame is even visible on a clear night from it. News from the Well quickly spreads to the rest of Avenia.

The Tree is a massive Oak Tree in the middle of the Desert. Before the war is was alive and flourishing, but even though it was not attacked, after the war it slowly withered until it was dry and rotting. Many people wonder how it survived so far from water for so long, and why it died, but these are mysteries yet to be solved. Some say Spirits of the dead gather at the tree, lost and not wanting to leave the only nearby landmark in the expanse of the desert and you can hear their shrieks with the groaning of the trees on cold nights.

The South Syhal Desert is thought to be smaller than the Northern Syhal, but the maps were lost of the rest of the lands. Much of Avenia’s cartographers were targeted during the war and their maps destroyed to avoid them falling into enemy hands. Any uncharted places were believed to have been charted at one point, but are now called The Lost Lands. Few explorers and cartographers remained after the war to complete them again. The South Syhal is even more so a desert wasteland than the North, it has fiercer winds and biting sands as far as the eye can see. There is less vegetation and even less prey. It is difficult to navigate or survive in. There are massive rolling sand dunes that constantly change making navigation or mapping even more difficult.

The Stratus Plains are immense plains that slowly become sandier until you only see the golden sands of the South Syhal Desert. The plains can be home to just about any bird, it has few trees, but enough to nest in if required, has water sources and seasonal rains. Sometimes large storms can build due to the obstacle free area, and supercell storms or tornados can be a threat to inhabitants, one of these storms ended the Drought of a Thousand Years. Wildfires can break out from birds or lighting and can be just as deadly.

There are few landmarks in the Stratus Plains but there is a formation of rocks that are like large steps they call The Steps, it is unknown how they were built, what rocks they were carved from, how they were moved, or what purpose they have, but like the Tree, they have been there longer than any memory or notes of the first travelers.

The map of territories, the Eagles are in blue, the Owls and Harris in Orange, the Falcons in Green and Yellow is mostly Hawks, but Kites and Ospreys also live here.

The maps slowed down the loading of the page and you could not zoom in on them. So please click this link to my dA stash to view and zoom in on them. Thanks!

Clicky!

The Lost Lands ( Known of by Avenia, but lost to them. The raptors that live there call is Karyst (CARE~ist)

Karyst is also known as The Land of Eagles, but not the types that inhabit Avenia. The Eagles that live here are militaristic and unified. They avoid shady alliances with unreasonable birds that have selfish motives. Much of the land is a jungle valley with large mountain ranges impassable to the inexperienced bird. The Eagles and other birds have strong bonds to one another regardless if by blood, fellowship, species or other. Honor and Justice are strong principles the lands

[/b]

Gods of Avenia:

There are many Gods and Goddesses of Avenia, most of them are benevolent, but a few of them have an anger toward their subjects and will take retribution out on them as they see fit. Before the War, the Gods and Goddesses were seen often, prayed to, worshiped, left gifts and offerings and were a central part of many Bird’s lives. Before the war, they had Earthly Domains and would walk among their people, but no more do they. Prophets have stopped receiving messages, for the most part, because of their displeasure about the war. They have not been seen for some time, and rumors are spreading about their deaths or what could have happened to them. The Eyries of the Gods cannot be entered by mortals unless a God wishes it so.

The Goddess of the Desert is Nyktha, and she is usually depicted as a Burrowing Owl with flaming talons and sand pours from her feathers, further spreading the Syhal Desert and her domain. She is a fierce goddess, not favoring the weak, but the strong. She does not pity the broken or dying, but praises the strong, though prideful birds make her angered. It is said that any that displease her or defy her will be incinerated painfully. She instructed a great beacon be erected in her and her sister's honor and kept lit for all of time. She made her home on a large Plateau East of the Oasis. Birds pray to her for strength during long journeys or before battles. She is considered the “Soul of the Desert”

Stavall is the God of Falcons; he is a bit more concerned for the welfare of his subjects. He is depicted as being a very large Peregrine Falcon with the stars of the night glimmering I his feathers. He refers to the Falcons and Kites as his “Children”. He has had mortal mates before and has fathered Demigods. They often are an earthly instrument of his will, commanding armies and kingdoms, and taking other positions of power to help their people. He lived in a hollow in the largest tree at the Well, often taking flights of the forest and his domain. The Seer of Stavall was a personal line to his people when he was not in Avenia, but she was killed during the war. He promised to appoint a new Seer, but before he did, all the Gods went silent. Cartographers, sentries and healers pray to him as well as Falcons.

Solaris is the God of all and of creation. It is said he formed Avenia from the dust of his wings, the water from his tears and the winds breath. He rarely visits Avenia, and he has not been seen for many generations before even the Gods disappeared. From a feather of his crown came the Eagles, from left wing came the Falcons, from his right, the Kites, from his Tail came the Buteos, from his back the Hawks, and every other bird from the Breast. He is said to be golden and gleaming with the rays of the sun. He views the Gods and Mortals as his children. It is not known if he has an earthly domain, or where it is if he does. Any will pray to him, but the more friendly Eagles take him as their patron.

Silanthar is the Male Eagle God, son of Solaris he is aggressive to all other species of birds. He is hostile and warlike, believing that all other species should be subservient and ruled by Eagles. He often takes the form of water vapor or normal water. He was said to have lived in the Sacryn Lake, and no mortal may approach it.

Svela is the Female Eagle God, the mate or Silanthar. She is said to temper him somewhat, but not when he has his mind set on things. She is said to be made of snow and fierce winds. She lives on a large glacier in an immense crystalline castle. She is also the Goddess of Death, Equality, and Justice through Strife. It is said she comes for the Souls of those who are dead, and she gives them a few options depending on how she sees their life. The Worthy are given the chance to go to Solaris and live with him in the Golden Eyrie, where pain and suffering do not exist and prey is bountiful or to live with her in her castle where they help her watch over the world. The Unworthy, the evil and corrupt birds are sent to the Abyss. A hellish place full of torment and suffering where there is no end to the pain. She believes that birds may be born in different conditions, but the ultimate balance is Death, all must die and it is after Death where the true Soul of a bird is shown. The last time she came to Avenia, she decreed “Sacrifice is the greatest gift a bird can give to another”.

Gods of Avenia:

There are many Gods and Goddesses of Avenia, most of them are benevolent, but a few of them have an anger toward their subjects and will take retribution out on them as they see fit. Before the War, the Gods and Goddesses were seen often, prayed to, worshiped, left gifts and offerings and were a central part of many Bird’s lives. Before the war, they had Earthly Domains and would walk among their people, but no more do they. Prophets have stopped receiving messages, for the most part, because of their displeasure about the war. They have not been seen for some time, and rumors are spreading about their deaths or what could have happened to them. The Eyries of the Gods cannot be entered by mortals unless a God wishes it so.

The Goddess of the Desert is Nyktha, and she is usually depicted as a Burrowing Owl with flaming talons and sand pours from her feathers, further spreading the Syhal Desert and her domain. She is a fierce goddess, not favoring the weak, but the strong. She does not pity the broken or dying, but praises the strong, though prideful birds make her angered. It is said that any that displease her or defy her will be incinerated painfully. She instructed a great beacon be erected in her and her sister's honor and kept lit for all of time. She made her home on a large Plateau East of the Oasis. Birds pray to her for strength during long journeys or before battles. She is considered the “Soul of the Desert”

Stavall is the God of Falcons; he is a bit more concerned for the welfare of his subjects. He is depicted as being a very large Peregrine Falcon with the stars of the night glimmering I his feathers. He refers to the Falcons and Kites as his “Children”. He has had mortal mates before and has fathered Demigods. They often are an earthly instrument of his will, commanding armies and kingdoms, and taking other positions of power to help their people. He lived in a hollow in the largest tree at the Well, often taking flights of the forest and his domain. The Seer of Stavall was a personal line to his people when he was not in Avenia, but she was killed during the war. He promised to appoint a new Seer, but before he did, all the Gods went silent. Cartographers, sentries and healers pray to him as well as Falcons.

Solaris is the God of all and of creation. It is said he formed Avenia from the dust of his wings, the water from his tears and the winds breath. He rarely visits Avenia, and he has not been seen for many generations before even the Gods disappeared. From a feather of his crown came the Eagles, from left wing came the Falcons, from his right, the Kites, from his Tail came the Buteos, from his back the Hawks, and every other bird from the Breast. He is said to be golden and gleaming with the rays of the sun. He views the Gods and Mortals as his children. It is not known if he has an earthly domain, or where it is if he does. Any will pray to him, but the more friendly Eagles take him as their patron.

Silanthar is the Male Eagle God, son of Solaris he is aggressive to all other species of birds. He is hostile and warlike, believing that all other species should be subservient and ruled by Eagles. He often takes the form of water vapor or normal water. He was said to have lived in the Sacryn Lake, and no mortal may approach it.

Svela is the Female Eagle God, the mate or Silanthar. She is said to temper him somewhat, but not when he has his mind set on things. She is said to be made of snow and fierce winds. She lives on a large glacier in an immense crystalline castle. She is also the Goddess of Death, Equality, and Justice through Strife. It is said she comes for the Souls of those who are dead, and she gives them a few options depending on how she sees their life. The Worthy are given the chance to go to Solaris and live with him in the Golden Eyrie, where pain and suffering do not exist and prey is bountiful or to live with her in her castle where they help her watch over the world. The Unworthy, the evil and corrupt birds are sent to the Abyss. A hellish place full of torment and suffering where there is no end to the pain. She believes that birds may be born in different conditions, but the ultimate balance is Death, all must die and it is after Death where the true Soul of a bird is shown. The last time she came to Avenia, she decreed “Sacrifice is the greatest gift a bird can give to another”.

The World of Avenia:

Avenia has a currency called Chips. They are small chunks of copper, silver and gold. The Copper are worth 1 per ounce, the Silver 50, and Gold 100. They have no markings or real shape, so mining is very profitable. Accurate scales are a must for those selling goods or services. A Squirrel would be worth about 2 chips, a sword 100, a tree hollow to live in 10,000.

Strong rivalries are still present since the war, Hawks and Eagles are considered the bad guys and birds will often spit at them if they feel bold enough.

The brown part of the map are the Lost Lands. It is not complete but part of it does contain a Volcano in a tropical forest where the Martial and Harpy eagles live. Tenaris is also there. (Not depicted). It is guarded by a massive Mountain Range, the Keltar, there are no known passes through it, so after losing a connection between the two worlds, passage became difficult and many did not feel the need to reconnect.

The War:

The war happened long ago and very few records of it are still around. Only a few veterans still are around. Before Lunara’s mention of it, the true reason for the Prince’s Death is unknown. It is highly speculated, but never decreed by any official source. The war took most fighting age males off to lands near and far leaving young chicks and their hens at home. In late stages of the war, even daughters, sons and hens took to the battleground, fighting to keep their very existence alive.

The Eagles were to have said to won the war, taking the least casualties and taking lands of other birds. In areas where Eagles are strong, their rule is ironclad and harsh. Many still protest them and small pockets of fighters still attack Eagles in Hit and Run style attacks. Faster species such as Falcons seem to carry these attacks out the best. There are still loose alliances between species and fierce vendettas as well. Falcons have a natural fear and hatred of Eagles and their allies, as they were hit the hardest in the war. Most battles took place in Karhal Forest.

Prophecies:

The Prophecy of the Undying was given by the Prophet Lunara, it was her first Prophecy. It gave a vision of Spirits that have been long hunted by the Eagles and Evil Spirits to keep the other species down. It showed visions of Stavall Well and the spirits reclaiming their memories and powers given to them by Solaris.

This Prophecy of The Sleeping Gods is not widely known and was given by the Prophet Lantana, the Sister of the Prophet Lunara. She was thought dead, but the only logical consensus is that she survived the attack and was taken prisoner or gave cooperation to the enemy. The Vision shows a group of Dark Wizards capturing the Gods one night and containing them in a cave where their powers were taken and in their weakened states, forced into a deep slumber.

The Prophecy of the War was given by the now dead Prophet Kaltar of Skavath, a Blind Eagle from the Lost Lands. It showed two possible outcomes. If Prince Aeleon lived and became King, the Falcons would become great and numerous, the lands would come to prosperity and the lies, deceit, and evil plots of the Eagles would be uncovered. They would be driven to harsh places and never again would they have power. If he died, the consequences would be severe for all. A great war would break out and all would suffer, the fate of the Falcons and their allies would be in danger, the only thing that could restore balance are the Undying Spirits.

Occupations:

There are many occupations that can earn income or be bartered for. Some of them are merely for personal want or gain and do not necessarily help others.

Cartographers are the mapmakers that fly the lands and search for new lands to chart and discover. They often times sell copies of maps to others for a profit. Maps are expensive to buy so only wealthy families, royalties or other people buy them. The layperson would not be able to afford a map. There are few of these left that actually still make maps. Cartographers must be able to make their own paper and ink, have steady beaks or claws, a good memory, be strong and fit, have good eyesight and they often carry a small weapon to defend themselves in dangerous territories.

Healers use physical and natural methods of helping injured birds. They often do it because they feel called to, and do not charge a fee, but accept donations to keep themselves fed and supplied. It is usually unheard of to harm one. Recipes and methods are often passed down through the generations.

Magicians have to have a natural inclination toward the magical arts to begin with and it is often hereditary. There are offensive and defensive magics, neutral, good and chaotic magics. Good magics do not harm others but can be used to aid the caster or their allies. Such as a spell to change the winds, healing, navigational or tracking. Chaotic magics are evil and slowly warp the user to darker and darker paths such as blood magics, instant regeneration, and possession, magics that drain life forces or poison. Some of them charge for their services, though some do not.

Guards and fightersare usually larger, skilled birds that are tough and are paid to protect an area or person. Some of them feel called to a God and guard their Holy places or innocents while others use their weaponry and skills to bully others. Some are independents and will do short term jobs such as carrying important messages or materials, but have the benefit of being able to protect it. Royals will employ them to be the bulk of their armies.

Some birds are bandits and live by preying on the weaker, less defended people and extort money, food or take slaves to do manual labor for them. Bandits are usually nomadic because eventually, a group of Guards or vigilantes or even normal people will drive them out.

Vigilantes are basically the opposite of bandits and most follow the Goddess Svela, they are the “Wings of Justice” and scour Avenia looking to wrong the right. They are not large enough to restore the rightful property boundaries, to stop the Eagles or the evil forces, but are numerous enough to be feared.

Colliers and Metallurgists search to find a place in the mountains to set up shop. They mine deep into the mountain to find embers and start great burning fires where they can melt ore and pound it into usable forms. They can create armor, battle talons, wing guards, knives, shovels, buckets, helmets, swords, etc. Royal families usually have them in their employ.

Hunters are just that, skilled hunters who know the tips and tricks to find food in any place. They often times hunt more than they need and sell the rest to those who will pay. They are survivalists and can find water or shelter easily. Their pride is the fact that they rely on no bird (or God), and they can survive long after any civilization falls.

Rangers are pretty much a Jack of All Trades, they are birds that dedicate themselves to a royal family and can be anything. They can be spies, assassins, hunters, guards, colliers, Magicians, healers, scouts or anything that is needed. They are fiercely loyal to their King or Queen and they have a reputation as such. They can cover a lot of ground and often times rely on stealth and camouflage to stay undetected. They are considered very dangerous and clever, able to tackle any obstacle even disguised as a laybird.

Other occupations may exists. Ask if you have one in mind.
The World of Avenia:

Avenia has a currency called Chips. They are small chunks of copper, silver and gold. The Copper are worth 1 per ounce, the Silver 50, and Gold 100. They have no markings or real shape, so mining is very profitable. Accurate scales are a must for those selling goods or services. A Squirrel would be worth about 2 chips, a sword 100, a tree hollow to live in 10,000.

Strong rivalries are still present since the war, Hawks and Eagles are considered the bad guys and birds will often spit at them if they feel bold enough.

The brown part of the map are the Lost Lands. It is not complete but part of it does contain a Volcano in a tropical forest where the Martial and Harpy eagles live. Tenaris is also there. (Not depicted). It is guarded by a massive Mountain Range, the Keltar, there are no known passes through it, so after losing a connection between the two worlds, passage became difficult and many did not feel the need to reconnect.

The War:

The war happened long ago and very few records of it are still around. Only a few veterans still are around. Before Lunara’s mention of it, the true reason for the Prince’s Death is unknown. It is highly speculated, but never decreed by any official source. The war took most fighting age males off to lands near and far leaving young chicks and their hens at home. In late stages of the war, even daughters, sons and hens took to the battleground, fighting to keep their very existence alive.

The Eagles were to have said to won the war, taking the least casualties and taking lands of other birds. In areas where Eagles are strong, their rule is ironclad and harsh. Many still protest them and small pockets of fighters still attack Eagles in Hit and Run style attacks. Faster species such as Falcons seem to carry these attacks out the best. There are still loose alliances between species and fierce vendettas as well. Falcons have a natural fear and hatred of Eagles and their allies, as they were hit the hardest in the war. Most battles took place in Karhal Forest.

Prophecies:

The Prophecy of the Undying was given by the Prophet Lunara, it was her first Prophecy. It gave a vision of Spirits that have been long hunted by the Eagles and Evil Spirits to keep the other species down. It showed visions of Stavall Well and the spirits reclaiming their memories and powers given to them by Solaris.

This Prophecy of The Sleeping Gods is not widely known and was given by the Prophet Lantana, the Sister of the Prophet Lunara. She was thought dead, but the only logical consensus is that she survived the attack and was taken prisoner or gave cooperation to the enemy. The Vision shows a group of Dark Wizards capturing the Gods one night and containing them in a cave where their powers were taken and in their weakened states, forced into a deep slumber.

The Prophecy of the War was given by the now dead Prophet Kaltar of Skavath, a Blind Eagle from the Lost Lands. It showed two possible outcomes. If Prince Aeleon lived and became King, the Falcons would become great and numerous, the lands would come to prosperity and the lies, deceit, and evil plots of the Eagles would be uncovered. They would be driven to harsh places and never again would they have power. If he died, the consequences would be severe for all. A great war would break out and all would suffer, the fate of the Falcons and their allies would be in danger, the only thing that could restore balance are the Undying Spirits.

Occupations:

There are many occupations that can earn income or be bartered for. Some of them are merely for personal want or gain and do not necessarily help others.

Cartographers are the mapmakers that fly the lands and search for new lands to chart and discover. They often times sell copies of maps to others for a profit. Maps are expensive to buy so only wealthy families, royalties or other people buy them. The layperson would not be able to afford a map. There are few of these left that actually still make maps. Cartographers must be able to make their own paper and ink, have steady beaks or claws, a good memory, be strong and fit, have good eyesight and they often carry a small weapon to defend themselves in dangerous territories.

Healers use physical and natural methods of helping injured birds. They often do it because they feel called to, and do not charge a fee, but accept donations to keep themselves fed and supplied. It is usually unheard of to harm one. Recipes and methods are often passed down through the generations.

Magicians have to have a natural inclination toward the magical arts to begin with and it is often hereditary. There are offensive and defensive magics, neutral, good and chaotic magics. Good magics do not harm others but can be used to aid the caster or their allies. Such as a spell to change the winds, healing, navigational or tracking. Chaotic magics are evil and slowly warp the user to darker and darker paths such as blood magics, instant regeneration, and possession, magics that drain life forces or poison. Some of them charge for their services, though some do not.

Guards and fightersare usually larger, skilled birds that are tough and are paid to protect an area or person. Some of them feel called to a God and guard their Holy places or innocents while others use their weaponry and skills to bully others. Some are independents and will do short term jobs such as carrying important messages or materials, but have the benefit of being able to protect it. Royals will employ them to be the bulk of their armies.

Some birds are bandits and live by preying on the weaker, less defended people and extort money, food or take slaves to do manual labor for them. Bandits are usually nomadic because eventually, a group of Guards or vigilantes or even normal people will drive them out.

Vigilantes are basically the opposite of bandits and most follow the Goddess Svela, they are the “Wings of Justice” and scour Avenia looking to wrong the right. They are not large enough to restore the rightful property boundaries, to stop the Eagles or the evil forces, but are numerous enough to be feared.

Colliers and Metallurgists search to find a place in the mountains to set up shop. They mine deep into the mountain to find embers and start great burning fires where they can melt ore and pound it into usable forms. They can create armor, battle talons, wing guards, knives, shovels, buckets, helmets, swords, etc. Royal families usually have them in their employ.

Hunters are just that, skilled hunters who know the tips and tricks to find food in any place. They often times hunt more than they need and sell the rest to those who will pay. They are survivalists and can find water or shelter easily. Their pride is the fact that they rely on no bird (or God), and they can survive long after any civilization falls.

Rangers are pretty much a Jack of All Trades, they are birds that dedicate themselves to a royal family and can be anything. They can be spies, assassins, hunters, guards, colliers, Magicians, healers, scouts or anything that is needed. They are fiercely loyal to their King or Queen and they have a reputation as such. They can cover a lot of ground and often times rely on stealth and camouflage to stay undetected. They are considered very dangerous and clever, able to tackle any obstacle even disguised as a laybird.

Other occupations may exists. Ask if you have one in mind.
Claimed Territories:

The map shows them. These are post war territories and the Eagles and Hawks have expanded their range while Falcons and Owls have reduced ranges. Not to say no Falcons live in the Zael Plains or no Owl lives in the Karhal, but it is a generalization.

Royalty: There are several royal lines, most of them are broken or weakened. It is unheard of for a Royal to marry out of their species, but arranged marriages are common. It is becoming more common for a royal to marry someone outside of the royal class because of how hard the war hit.

The Falcons have the Aeleon, the most powerful and numerous of any line of any species before the War, now they are struggling to survive. They live in an Arboreal forest, and around them a small city was formed. They have no Heir and the Queen was killed during the war leading forces to hold the city before reinforcements could arrive. The Prince died, most rightfully resume it was an assassination.

There are also the Kavan and Systal lines. The Kavan are Gyrfalcons and were able to Co exist with the Eagles in the northern latitudes and they were constantly at war with the Aeleon. They benefitted greatly from the war with territory and power. The Kavan are Kestrels, they mostly avoided the war and said it was not theirs to fight. Historically they were allied with the Aeleon which protected them on many occasions, but they did not reciprocate in their time of need.

The Bald Eagles have the Uzan line and live on the Coastal city of Uzanath. They backed the Golden Eagle line Furvalis during the war by supplying their armies with food. The Martial Eagle line was Zanath, and they came from the Lost Lands, a Mountainous city of Tenaris. It was deep in a tropical forest.

The Buteos have the Red Tailed Buteos of the line Tzeneth, they are more nomadic since the war. They try not to get in the way of anything and have not lost too much except their small home on the border of the Karhal and Zael.

They also have the Harris’ of the North Syhal of the Kavan Line. They retreated to the harsh desert and disappeared into the sands. Some say they found some way to live in it and stay hidden, some say they found a way to the Lost Lands and did not send word and have no intention of returning, some say they were merely wiped out by the harshness of the desert.

The Goshawks have the Lilanth line which also did well during the war. They gained more territory and power, but gained many enemies since they pledged their alliance to the Aeleon, but turned on them. Mysterious deaths of the Lilanth line have been numerous enough to say that the Ghost of the Heir (The Prince of the Aeleon line) had a hand in it. The Heir to the Lilanth pledges to restore good faith in the Aeleon as he was a friend of the prince, but some say that it will not happen and it is empty words.

The Coopers Hawks have the Sunna Line. This family was heavily split in the war. This line pledged their allegiance to the Golden Eagles, but after incidents such as Deserter Canyon, many left to join pockets of resistance or other armies that were fighting them.

The Lost Lines are families that are completely destroyed and have no direct bloodlines left. No Heirs or any living members. The Sharp Shinned Hawks, Stellers Sea Eagles, Aplomado Falcons, Red Shoulder Hawks, Ferruginous Hawks. Most did not fall during the war, and had been lost long before that. But a few did.

The Burrowing owls have the Orten Line and they weathered the war by going further into the South Syhal. They have a massive underground complex that they add to as needed. They know every inch of it and can easily hide from the scorching sun or ripping winds. They can easily travel a great distance in a small amount of time and move large forces around. The Eagles considered them too far South to bother with and they did not want to put that much effort or people into containing them or making an enemy of them.

The Great Grey and the Snowy lines have become rather tainted and mixed between the two lines. The Fastan and the Heakan lines merged to become the Faskan. The two joined forces and sided with the Eagles. But late in the war the Eagles saw an opportunity to get rid of them and tried to do so. They took heavy losses and many hid in the Gale range and stayed there until after the war. The other birds thought they got what they deserved as there is no honor among thieves, or tyrants for that matter.

Undying Spirits:

These spirits have Souls so old, they often seem out of place in one way or another. They seem unnaturally skilled at what they do, especially for what they do. They may often have strange dreams regarding past lives and deeds. They may also have faint memories that make no sense to them. They seem drawn to one another when they meet. They can only regain their powers (listed below, once they bathe in the Well)

The Sprit of the Wanderer. This Spirit has the need to travel far and wide, usually making maps while doing so. They will go places that others do not, just to prove they can. Adventure is their life. They have the ability to navigate in any condition as well as never get lost. They can instantly tell if any map is accurate and know the best paths, instinctually, to reach a place safely. They also have visions of undiscovered or lost lands. This spirit may be prone to pushing others away in a quest to go far and wide, not caring to have others tether it down.
The spirit of the healer. This is someone very skilled at the healing arts and is thought to be able to even bring back people from the dead. They see the sick and injured as those in most need. This spirit can heal by touch, diagnose pretty much any ailment, but they feel their pain and sickness of others if they are around them too much.

I reserve the spirit of judgement for myself
The spirit of Judgement was said to have been created by Svela, in her last breath before the Gods had entered their slumber. It has ties with the Spirit of the Healer, as it can see the dead and those close to death. But it can also see the injustices and sacrifices by that very bird. They are often an instrument of Justice on Avenia, seeing into the hearts of others, their true intentions and true self, they fight for peace. They will stop the Healer from helping those it deems Unworthy and will expedite the Final Judgement of those birds. It has the power to leave it’s flesh body and project itself into areas it cannot go, but the more it does this, the more it comes closer to death. It is said that it can have a Death Touch, instantly sapping all life from a bird, in extreme cases, to extend its life.

The Spirit of the Collier. It is said after being awakened, this bird will have Firey talons and eyes, being able to breathe fire at will. It lives to create and craft, often reborn as a burrowing owl it has the ability to tell instantly upon touching, the quality of metal and weaponry, will often come up with new weapons and tools yet uncreated, and it is said it prophesized to be able to build a Cage to hold the Martial Eagle of Tenaris, an Unkillable force.

The Spirit of Youth. This spirit is a creature young at heart, innocent and pure, never bowing to the depths of evil temptation. This spirit is unnaturally curious and kind, almost childlike. Oftentimes this spirit ceases to age or even reverses aging, it keeps those around it youthful and energetic, reminding those of their childhood and what they have lost. Though this Spirit can also expend too much energy or time in an area and it will slowly deplete its powers. Some say it actually becomes younger and younger until there is nothing left.

The Spirit of the Skies. This spirit was born to fly, It boasts extra wings, sometimes a pair, though it is said it can have as many as 6 pairs. It can easily summon and control the winds and breezes to its advantage. It is exceptionally fast and agile. This spirit is a “sprinter” and if using its powers to the fullest will become fatigued. It is rumored this spirit stopped a tornado after a battle, and the toll was too much for it to bear and moved on to its next life.

The Spirit of the Golden Eyrie. It is said to be an angelic creature sent from Solaris to watch Avenia in his stead. Said to have metallic, golden wings, eyes and talons, this spirit has a natural and literal glow around him. This light has the natural ability to repel evil forces and light even the darkest places. This glow also has a healing factor to it. But this spirit is linked to the livelihood of the Gods, even awakened, it will be weakened. Though the Gods can see through its eyes, and at the same time, the reverse is true. Prophecy states this bird will be instrumental in finding and Awakening the Gods. This spirit can discern the truth from lies, and good from evil just from looking at a bird.

The Spirit of Haetron. This is one of the few named spirits, Haetron was the first Ranger to the first King of Avenia. A loyal servant and advisor to the King, Haetron was also part of the King’s personal guard, his field general, a spy and medic. He was instrumental in forging Avenia by leading forces against a now extinct enemy that threatened all birds. He was a Leucistic Gyrfalcon, but this Ranger had such a loyalty and devotion to his King, he kindled his own Undying Sprit to never leave Avenia unguarded, and could even change his appearance to perform tasks in secret. Haetron successfully carried out even assassinations, caravan disruptions and many other tasks in the war, even creating his own venom, Haetralis, by harvesting venom from the glands of a deadly viper. This Spirit can shift appearance to match any creature, living or dead, mimic voices, is very stealthy and can concoct any manner of poison or venom. It is said to be one of the "Killer Undying", as most of them save without needing to kil.

The Spirit of the Eternal Flame/Vartha/Sacrifice. It is said the Eternal Flame of Nyktha burns with the soul of an Undying Spirit. Nyktha once had a sister, Vartha. Her sister was formed of sands, flame, and the life of the deserts itself, and was said to have a natural beauty. A thief was exiled to the South Syhal to wither away and in his dying moment he called for mercy and Vartha responded, saving his life and creating an Oasis where he lay. She tended to him and he saw the power she have and coveted for himself as a way to get revenge upon those who exiled him.

They spent much time together and grew close, learning all the Goddesses secrets and thoughts. Nyktha was suspicious of the criminal and advised her sister away from him, but she could not be dissuaded. Angered by the Goddess, he was determined to kill her. He learned that Nyktha’s power was hidden deep in the Desert, a flame secreted away in a cave, not trusting it inside her in case of an attack, and if it were to ever go out, she would die, Vartha asked him to help her guard it, trusting him with its location. He pretended to agree. He also learned Vartha’s power was inside her, a similar flame, but she was much more trusting with her life force.

A small settlement was being built in the desert, but they had to trek long and far for any water, so the criminal asked Vartha’s help of routing water from a further source to aid them, she agreed. But during construction along a certain length of the canals, he purposely made them weak. One night during a flight with Vartha, they broke, and water from the canals rushed toward the deep and winding cave where Nyktha’s life force was held.

She saw this and flew down, trying to stop it, the criminal urged her to just leave since it had to happen for Nyktha humiliating him so. She declined, but had no time to bring him to justice. Her flames grew hot and bright in her attempts to stop the water but unable to stop the massive flow, she flew down to the flame desperate to find a way to free it. Nyktha sensed something was wrong and flew down to cave, the mouth of it was already underwater, so she flew to the only place you could see the flame and saw her sister fighting off rising water, guarding her flame.

Nyktha urged her sister to turn into sands, as she often did, and escape through the hole in the cave, but Vartha fervently declined, saying she would die if she did, and it was her fault for trusting him. She could not be persuaded to leave, and her flames started to get drowned by the water. Nyktha furiously dug a way for the water to drain out and made some progress, but by then Vartha was becoming consumed by water. In her last moments, she gathered all her strength and combined it with her sister’s. A huge explosion rocked the cavern and water and rocks blew everywhere and greatly weakened Nyktha. The criminal found the near death Goddess and gloated in his success, claiming to be the only mortal to have killed not one Gods, but two, but Nyktha did not have the energy to even fight him. Believing the Goddess was going to die, he left, satisfied in his vengeful desire.

In the aftermath, Nyktha slowly gained strength and searched for her sister in the watery rubble, but in the end, only found two small flames. Her own red and her siste's blue. Saddened and angered by the loss of her sister at the hands of an evil mortal, he sought to reconcile with herself and then the criminal. She brought the two flames to the northern area of the North Syhal and told her followers to construct a great pyre to house them and to keep the flame always burning brightly. The two flames lived together in union, but her sister was never seen again.

Satisfied with her building a monument for her sister’s sacrifice, she now hunted for the offender. She found him flying to the great flame she had just started, wondering what it could be. Nyktha captured him and began to slowly torture him. First she took a flaming talons to his flight feathers and flew him high in the sky, dropping him and forcing him to believe he would plummet to his death many times before she snapped his wings with her beak. She burned him with her flames on his feet, forcing him to walk distances in the roughest area of the desert. Then she whipped up a sandstorm and forced him to walk in it until he was blinded. She tortured him slowly until Svela appeared to claim him, Nyktha and Svela faced off over the fate of the bandit until she convinced him that if he was as bad as she said and truly did those things, then he would most certainly be sent to the Abyss.

After that, Nyktha has never trusted mortals looking to become too friendly or personal with the Gods and she urged fierceness and scorned weakness even more. Even Svela and Solaris cannot say what became of Vartha. It is still mystery, but her flame burns on.

Though one day, a bird bearing important documents, flew to the pyre , looking for mercy from its pursuer, an Assassin. Onlookers did nothing, not wanting to interfere with the Law of the Sands or anger Nyktha with weakness. The courier was gravely injured and would not give up the code to the documents, a code never written and only memorized, to decode the documents. But a brave soul stepped forward and challenged the Assassin, who easily fought the newcomer. The brave soul had his back to the pyre while the Assassin prepared to finish him, with the last of his energy he told the Courier where his family was and to tell them he didn't want to leave them but he must, and he grabbed the assassin so tightly and violently, he was shocked. He took that moment to fling both of them into the pyre. A huge column of blue flames shot into the sky so brightly and fiercely, Nyktha herself came to investigate. By the time she could see the pyre, only her flame was left and a single bird left the Pyre, but it flew so quickly even she could not catch it. That was the last she saw of it, but heard stories of this Blue Phantom that rescued those that others would not. She could never catch it, never even see what kind of bird it was or a face. She could see whisps of blue flames such as her sisters, but she knew it was not.

Others are allowed to be created, just ask me to look it over and confirm it.
Claimed Territories:

The map shows them. These are post war territories and the Eagles and Hawks have expanded their range while Falcons and Owls have reduced ranges. Not to say no Falcons live in the Zael Plains or no Owl lives in the Karhal, but it is a generalization.

Royalty: There are several royal lines, most of them are broken or weakened. It is unheard of for a Royal to marry out of their species, but arranged marriages are common. It is becoming more common for a royal to marry someone outside of the royal class because of how hard the war hit.

The Falcons have the Aeleon, the most powerful and numerous of any line of any species before the War, now they are struggling to survive. They live in an Arboreal forest, and around them a small city was formed. They have no Heir and the Queen was killed during the war leading forces to hold the city before reinforcements could arrive. The Prince died, most rightfully resume it was an assassination.

There are also the Kavan and Systal lines. The Kavan are Gyrfalcons and were able to Co exist with the Eagles in the northern latitudes and they were constantly at war with the Aeleon. They benefitted greatly from the war with territory and power. The Kavan are Kestrels, they mostly avoided the war and said it was not theirs to fight. Historically they were allied with the Aeleon which protected them on many occasions, but they did not reciprocate in their time of need.

The Bald Eagles have the Uzan line and live on the Coastal city of Uzanath. They backed the Golden Eagle line Furvalis during the war by supplying their armies with food. The Martial Eagle line was Zanath, and they came from the Lost Lands, a Mountainous city of Tenaris. It was deep in a tropical forest.

The Buteos have the Red Tailed Buteos of the line Tzeneth, they are more nomadic since the war. They try not to get in the way of anything and have not lost too much except their small home on the border of the Karhal and Zael.

They also have the Harris’ of the North Syhal of the Kavan Line. They retreated to the harsh desert and disappeared into the sands. Some say they found some way to live in it and stay hidden, some say they found a way to the Lost Lands and did not send word and have no intention of returning, some say they were merely wiped out by the harshness of the desert.

The Goshawks have the Lilanth line which also did well during the war. They gained more territory and power, but gained many enemies since they pledged their alliance to the Aeleon, but turned on them. Mysterious deaths of the Lilanth line have been numerous enough to say that the Ghost of the Heir (The Prince of the Aeleon line) had a hand in it. The Heir to the Lilanth pledges to restore good faith in the Aeleon as he was a friend of the prince, but some say that it will not happen and it is empty words.

The Coopers Hawks have the Sunna Line. This family was heavily split in the war. This line pledged their allegiance to the Golden Eagles, but after incidents such as Deserter Canyon, many left to join pockets of resistance or other armies that were fighting them.

The Lost Lines are families that are completely destroyed and have no direct bloodlines left. No Heirs or any living members. The Sharp Shinned Hawks, Stellers Sea Eagles, Aplomado Falcons, Red Shoulder Hawks, Ferruginous Hawks. Most did not fall during the war, and had been lost long before that. But a few did.

The Burrowing owls have the Orten Line and they weathered the war by going further into the South Syhal. They have a massive underground complex that they add to as needed. They know every inch of it and can easily hide from the scorching sun or ripping winds. They can easily travel a great distance in a small amount of time and move large forces around. The Eagles considered them too far South to bother with and they did not want to put that much effort or people into containing them or making an enemy of them.

The Great Grey and the Snowy lines have become rather tainted and mixed between the two lines. The Fastan and the Heakan lines merged to become the Faskan. The two joined forces and sided with the Eagles. But late in the war the Eagles saw an opportunity to get rid of them and tried to do so. They took heavy losses and many hid in the Gale range and stayed there until after the war. The other birds thought they got what they deserved as there is no honor among thieves, or tyrants for that matter.

Undying Spirits:

These spirits have Souls so old, they often seem out of place in one way or another. They seem unnaturally skilled at what they do, especially for what they do. They may often have strange dreams regarding past lives and deeds. They may also have faint memories that make no sense to them. They seem drawn to one another when they meet. They can only regain their powers (listed below, once they bathe in the Well)

The Sprit of the Wanderer. This Spirit has the need to travel far and wide, usually making maps while doing so. They will go places that others do not, just to prove they can. Adventure is their life. They have the ability to navigate in any condition as well as never get lost. They can instantly tell if any map is accurate and know the best paths, instinctually, to reach a place safely. They also have visions of undiscovered or lost lands. This spirit may be prone to pushing others away in a quest to go far and wide, not caring to have others tether it down.
The spirit of the healer. This is someone very skilled at the healing arts and is thought to be able to even bring back people from the dead. They see the sick and injured as those in most need. This spirit can heal by touch, diagnose pretty much any ailment, but they feel their pain and sickness of others if they are around them too much.

I reserve the spirit of judgement for myself
The spirit of Judgement was said to have been created by Svela, in her last breath before the Gods had entered their slumber. It has ties with the Spirit of the Healer, as it can see the dead and those close to death. But it can also see the injustices and sacrifices by that very bird. They are often an instrument of Justice on Avenia, seeing into the hearts of others, their true intentions and true self, they fight for peace. They will stop the Healer from helping those it deems Unworthy and will expedite the Final Judgement of those birds. It has the power to leave it’s flesh body and project itself into areas it cannot go, but the more it does this, the more it comes closer to death. It is said that it can have a Death Touch, instantly sapping all life from a bird, in extreme cases, to extend its life.

The Spirit of the Collier. It is said after being awakened, this bird will have Firey talons and eyes, being able to breathe fire at will. It lives to create and craft, often reborn as a burrowing owl it has the ability to tell instantly upon touching, the quality of metal and weaponry, will often come up with new weapons and tools yet uncreated, and it is said it prophesized to be able to build a Cage to hold the Martial Eagle of Tenaris, an Unkillable force.

The Spirit of Youth. This spirit is a creature young at heart, innocent and pure, never bowing to the depths of evil temptation. This spirit is unnaturally curious and kind, almost childlike. Oftentimes this spirit ceases to age or even reverses aging, it keeps those around it youthful and energetic, reminding those of their childhood and what they have lost. Though this Spirit can also expend too much energy or time in an area and it will slowly deplete its powers. Some say it actually becomes younger and younger until there is nothing left.

The Spirit of the Skies. This spirit was born to fly, It boasts extra wings, sometimes a pair, though it is said it can have as many as 6 pairs. It can easily summon and control the winds and breezes to its advantage. It is exceptionally fast and agile. This spirit is a “sprinter” and if using its powers to the fullest will become fatigued. It is rumored this spirit stopped a tornado after a battle, and the toll was too much for it to bear and moved on to its next life.

The Spirit of the Golden Eyrie. It is said to be an angelic creature sent from Solaris to watch Avenia in his stead. Said to have metallic, golden wings, eyes and talons, this spirit has a natural and literal glow around him. This light has the natural ability to repel evil forces and light even the darkest places. This glow also has a healing factor to it. But this spirit is linked to the livelihood of the Gods, even awakened, it will be weakened. Though the Gods can see through its eyes, and at the same time, the reverse is true. Prophecy states this bird will be instrumental in finding and Awakening the Gods. This spirit can discern the truth from lies, and good from evil just from looking at a bird.

The Spirit of Haetron. This is one of the few named spirits, Haetron was the first Ranger to the first King of Avenia. A loyal servant and advisor to the King, Haetron was also part of the King’s personal guard, his field general, a spy and medic. He was instrumental in forging Avenia by leading forces against a now extinct enemy that threatened all birds. He was a Leucistic Gyrfalcon, but this Ranger had such a loyalty and devotion to his King, he kindled his own Undying Sprit to never leave Avenia unguarded, and could even change his appearance to perform tasks in secret. Haetron successfully carried out even assassinations, caravan disruptions and many other tasks in the war, even creating his own venom, Haetralis, by harvesting venom from the glands of a deadly viper. This Spirit can shift appearance to match any creature, living or dead, mimic voices, is very stealthy and can concoct any manner of poison or venom. It is said to be one of the "Killer Undying", as most of them save without needing to kil.

The Spirit of the Eternal Flame/Vartha/Sacrifice. It is said the Eternal Flame of Nyktha burns with the soul of an Undying Spirit. Nyktha once had a sister, Vartha. Her sister was formed of sands, flame, and the life of the deserts itself, and was said to have a natural beauty. A thief was exiled to the South Syhal to wither away and in his dying moment he called for mercy and Vartha responded, saving his life and creating an Oasis where he lay. She tended to him and he saw the power she have and coveted for himself as a way to get revenge upon those who exiled him.

They spent much time together and grew close, learning all the Goddesses secrets and thoughts. Nyktha was suspicious of the criminal and advised her sister away from him, but she could not be dissuaded. Angered by the Goddess, he was determined to kill her. He learned that Nyktha’s power was hidden deep in the Desert, a flame secreted away in a cave, not trusting it inside her in case of an attack, and if it were to ever go out, she would die, Vartha asked him to help her guard it, trusting him with its location. He pretended to agree. He also learned Vartha’s power was inside her, a similar flame, but she was much more trusting with her life force.

A small settlement was being built in the desert, but they had to trek long and far for any water, so the criminal asked Vartha’s help of routing water from a further source to aid them, she agreed. But during construction along a certain length of the canals, he purposely made them weak. One night during a flight with Vartha, they broke, and water from the canals rushed toward the deep and winding cave where Nyktha’s life force was held.

She saw this and flew down, trying to stop it, the criminal urged her to just leave since it had to happen for Nyktha humiliating him so. She declined, but had no time to bring him to justice. Her flames grew hot and bright in her attempts to stop the water but unable to stop the massive flow, she flew down to the flame desperate to find a way to free it. Nyktha sensed something was wrong and flew down to cave, the mouth of it was already underwater, so she flew to the only place you could see the flame and saw her sister fighting off rising water, guarding her flame.

Nyktha urged her sister to turn into sands, as she often did, and escape through the hole in the cave, but Vartha fervently declined, saying she would die if she did, and it was her fault for trusting him. She could not be persuaded to leave, and her flames started to get drowned by the water. Nyktha furiously dug a way for the water to drain out and made some progress, but by then Vartha was becoming consumed by water. In her last moments, she gathered all her strength and combined it with her sister’s. A huge explosion rocked the cavern and water and rocks blew everywhere and greatly weakened Nyktha. The criminal found the near death Goddess and gloated in his success, claiming to be the only mortal to have killed not one Gods, but two, but Nyktha did not have the energy to even fight him. Believing the Goddess was going to die, he left, satisfied in his vengeful desire.

In the aftermath, Nyktha slowly gained strength and searched for her sister in the watery rubble, but in the end, only found two small flames. Her own red and her siste's blue. Saddened and angered by the loss of her sister at the hands of an evil mortal, he sought to reconcile with herself and then the criminal. She brought the two flames to the northern area of the North Syhal and told her followers to construct a great pyre to house them and to keep the flame always burning brightly. The two flames lived together in union, but her sister was never seen again.

Satisfied with her building a monument for her sister’s sacrifice, she now hunted for the offender. She found him flying to the great flame she had just started, wondering what it could be. Nyktha captured him and began to slowly torture him. First she took a flaming talons to his flight feathers and flew him high in the sky, dropping him and forcing him to believe he would plummet to his death many times before she snapped his wings with her beak. She burned him with her flames on his feet, forcing him to walk distances in the roughest area of the desert. Then she whipped up a sandstorm and forced him to walk in it until he was blinded. She tortured him slowly until Svela appeared to claim him, Nyktha and Svela faced off over the fate of the bandit until she convinced him that if he was as bad as she said and truly did those things, then he would most certainly be sent to the Abyss.

After that, Nyktha has never trusted mortals looking to become too friendly or personal with the Gods and she urged fierceness and scorned weakness even more. Even Svela and Solaris cannot say what became of Vartha. It is still mystery, but her flame burns on.

Though one day, a bird bearing important documents, flew to the pyre , looking for mercy from its pursuer, an Assassin. Onlookers did nothing, not wanting to interfere with the Law of the Sands or anger Nyktha with weakness. The courier was gravely injured and would not give up the code to the documents, a code never written and only memorized, to decode the documents. But a brave soul stepped forward and challenged the Assassin, who easily fought the newcomer. The brave soul had his back to the pyre while the Assassin prepared to finish him, with the last of his energy he told the Courier where his family was and to tell them he didn't want to leave them but he must, and he grabbed the assassin so tightly and violently, he was shocked. He took that moment to fling both of them into the pyre. A huge column of blue flames shot into the sky so brightly and fiercely, Nyktha herself came to investigate. By the time she could see the pyre, only her flame was left and a single bird left the Pyre, but it flew so quickly even she could not catch it. That was the last she saw of it, but heard stories of this Blue Phantom that rescued those that others would not. She could never catch it, never even see what kind of bird it was or a face. She could see whisps of blue flames such as her sisters, but she knew it was not.

Others are allowed to be created, just ask me to look it over and confirm it.
Other Animals:

Crows and Ravens are forces of evil for the most. They scout out the Undying Sprits and try to identify them so they can be killed. They love mobbing raptors and are more prolific since the war, they were able to feast on the bodies of those who fell in battle, most birds are disgusted with them. The evil they pledge their lives to was said to be formed from suffering, anger, hate and other bad emotions and deeds, that so much of it has happened, especially since the war, it was able to grow and manifest. The Leader of these dark forces is King Escallion.

Most mammals do not speak or have a personality, there are some exceptions or you can ask to create one.

Bats are a food source for many birds willing to wait until dusk or hunt in darker mountainous areas, but owls seem to have the best way of doing this.

The Wolves of Kylashna seem to have an understanding with the Eagles, to not kill the eagles and they can be at peace, but they are known to hunt and eat other birds when they can.

The only Deer in Avenia are smaller than the deer we know, about a third of the size and a pair of birds could take one down and be fed for awhile.
Other Animals:

Crows and Ravens are forces of evil for the most. They scout out the Undying Sprits and try to identify them so they can be killed. They love mobbing raptors and are more prolific since the war, they were able to feast on the bodies of those who fell in battle, most birds are disgusted with them. The evil they pledge their lives to was said to be formed from suffering, anger, hate and other bad emotions and deeds, that so much of it has happened, especially since the war, it was able to grow and manifest. The Leader of these dark forces is King Escallion.

Most mammals do not speak or have a personality, there are some exceptions or you can ask to create one.

Bats are a food source for many birds willing to wait until dusk or hunt in darker mountainous areas, but owls seem to have the best way of doing this.

The Wolves of Kylashna seem to have an understanding with the Eagles, to not kill the eagles and they can be at peace, but they are known to hunt and eat other birds when they can.

The only Deer in Avenia are smaller than the deer we know, about a third of the size and a pair of birds could take one down and be fed for awhile.
Characters: ------------------------ Username: ShadowGuardian0 Name: Katran Species: Peregrine Falcon Allegiance: His family (Parents and a brother and sister) Age: 22 Gender: Male Personality: Katran is young at heart, being hyper, happy and energetic. He loves to explore new places by day, but by night prefers to sleep at home where he is happy. Katran, even with his frailties is at the prime of his life and he intends to make the most of it. He isn't sure what he wants to do with his life and loves to try new things. Spirit: Spirit of Judgement. In his past life, he was the Aeleon Heir before being targeted and assassinated. He was slowly poisoned, but the Assassin became hasty and ended up using a blade. As the prince, he looked out for his people and look for alternative ways for peace to avoid war, but was not a coward unwilling to fight for his people. The Prince was well liked by his people and by most, but as time grew on he became more distant to his father and his new ideals. The King was said to have grown calloused in his old age and was worried about invasion by others, he broke off many relationships including an arranged marriage to the oldest Systal Princess. The Queen tried to mediate peace between the two and to reason with the King's hasty and aggressive policies, but neither seemed to work. The Prince went out for a flight to clear his mind after a heated argument with the King. He was feeling more unwell than usual, believing stress was making him sick. But a burning pain swelled in his heart and he struggled to focus on even staying airborne. His close friend and bodyguard (Another Undying spirit, if anyone wants that role) tried to help him when an Eagle Assassin slashed him with his talons. The bodyguard saw the attack at the last second and dodged most of the attack, but it hit a critical part of his wing and he fell. With his bodyguard unable to fly, the prince fought the pain and went into a steel dive, catching him and slowing him enough to land. The Eagle was unable to match the Prince's speed and caught up to him as both lay together. The bodyguard urged the Prince leave him since he could still fly and was the target, but he would not. His friend warned him of the attack and he barely dodged the first attack and even managed to strike a small, fairly harmless blow to the bird, bur The trained assassin brought up his sword and plunged it deep into the prince before quickly leaving the scene. Blood poured from the grevious wounds and soaked his friends feathers and the ground. With his dying words he told his friend "We shall see each other again" The other palace guards had seen the two fall and mistook it for a fight and arrived to see his friend with slight wounds and the Prince dead. The Prince still had fresh blood on his talons from the presumed fight. The bodyguard, was thought to have been hired by the Eagles. His friend, consumed by guilt on his failings neither confirmed nor denied any allegations. He said one thing, but it is unsure of what he said. Some say it was "Kill me", or "I'll kill you" , a confession "I killed him" or "Why would I kill him?". But they did not kill him, but stripped him of his title and Banished him to the Syhal. The King fell into a deep grief that turned to anger. Blaming the Eagles he took it upon himself to kill their Heir and so the war started. By the time the war was over, the Queen and King were both dead and much was lost. Description: A small Peregrine Falcon Tiercel who struggles with health problems. Sometimes he feels weak and cannot leave his family's tree hollow where he lives, other times he is fine. He appears runted in all forms and he lacks a bright beak or legs as a Peregrine would have. Even a blue feathers coat is a duller gray. He is pale and when he moves, he seems to glide. Many at first glance thought he was a ghost or evil spirit. History: Katran was born in a Tree Hollow in the Karhal Forest close to the Aeleon palace. He grew up sick most of the time. As he grew older, he was a little more healthy, but was still pale and small. The opposite of an intimidating, laughable, especially for a Peregrine that have reputations for tenacity and can really ante up in a fight. Katran was never one to fight, but was a target for thieves and crows on several occasions. Sometimes he was saved by strangers, Warriors, Vigilantes or Rangers, but others he barely (or didn't) make it home before collapsing in a pile of his own blood. He hates being weaker and wishes he could be the one to save others instead of having to be saved. Passing places where birds were buried or burned, he always seemed to see them in the corner of his eye, but turning to face them, they were gone. He also would hear whispers almost loud enough to discern, but focusing on them, they faded. He wonders if he is haunted for some wrong he has done, since his health is always in question or if he is crazy, questioning his mind. Family: His family was not poor or rich, but was doing well enough compared to others. His father works as a Guard in the Aeleon Palace and his mother a Healer. He is the oldest brother and his siblings are not old enough to start working. His father Kaplan and his father before him Kuztsev both were guards, and having his firstborn a male, he was also expected to be a Guard, but after being so sickly and weak, he was unable to pass the test to get into the Guard. His father was deeply disappointed but did not say so, hoping his son could find some other honorable work. Since failing the test, his father never treated him the same and being around his father always made him feel inferior and like a failure. His Mother , Yuria, uurged him to consider medicinal arts, but he could never memorize the herbs, berries, poultice and methods of healing and almost killed on of her patients by almost accidentally giving them a lethal berry similar to the correct one. He did not know why he was drawn to it or why he tried to give it to them. His siblings Yana and Detren could see they were different from him, but did not understand why. But, they were happy he always seemed to find something freshly dead for them to eat, so they never went hungry and his parents could focus on work. Girl/Boyfriend/Spouse: None Weapon: He does not know how to fight or use weapons, he can't even rely hunt well. He has a knack for finding fresh prey corpses and has not needed to hunt. Strengths: Loyalty, Katran had few friends due to his health and general look, but he guards them all closely, as well as his family. He does not like to see others hurt and often ends up in bad positions telling stronger meaner birds to leave others alone, so they focus on him. In his mind he wishes to be the hero, but ends up little more than a glorified punching bag. He will not stay down in such a one way "fight", which leads to more extensive inquiries. The only reason he isn't so heavily scarred is because his mother is a good Healer. He has good eyesight and is fast on the wing and nuble, on good days. He often pushes himself to do better and beat his own records, trying to train the weakness out of himself. "Pain is weakness leaving the body" he tells himself. Weaknesses: Because of his realistic dreams, he often is afraid to fall asleep. He feels the poison slow his heart as he flies, only to see a see a strange yet comforting bird save him from it. He tries to save this person who gives him a warm feeling, he dances with the foe and finds a blade sunk into his vitals. With this dream he wakes in excruciating pain, tremors and an icy feeling in his veins. He is small and weakly, useless in combat and may make an okay scout if he is not winded. Other?: ---------------------- Username: @CornixElecti Name: Tzilani (Zi-laa-ni) Species: Crow Allegiance: Metong, Bunari, Zuzun, herself Age: 18 Gender: Female Personality: She is normally quiet, from years spent by herself. What also comes with that is sometimes she doesn't filter what she says and can often be blunt. She is respectful towards others and doesn't often let others close, seeing as the only two that were close to her were her adoptive father and brother. Spirit: Spirit of the Shadow The Spirit of the Shadow. A darker, secreted bird that came melt or blend into shadows. This spirit was have said to be created when an evil possesses bird attacked Stavall at his home. The bird was beaten and fell into the Well and was incinerated. The residual evil spirits were cleansed. It can see through the eyes of others, discern if a bird is telling the truth or lying, melt into and out of shadows and there is a cooler presence around the bird. It is agile and smooth, very hard to attack. But the more the abilities are used, the more drawn it is to the evil it sprang from. (Written by ShadowGuardian0, thank you!) Before the Spirit of the Shadow was Tzilani, it was a Black Cormorant by the name of Eberon (Eh-beh-ron). He was a secretive and hidden bird and didn't often show himself. As a chick he had been really shy and often secluded himself in his own nest. He left his flock during his adolescent years and was not heard of again. Not long after he found a mate, Tulara (Two-lah-ra) and had a fairly peaceful life. He would set up a secluded area and scout often, whenever danger got too close he and his mate would relocate. After having a nest, he was found by a crow. The bird murdered him, his mate and almost all the chicks. One had survived, having been the first to leave the nest. Description: [Center][img]http://i.imgur.com/YpJ5iU6.png[/img][/center] Tzilani is an average sized crow with dark black feathers that have a blue hue to them, her eyes are pale blue and across one she has a faint scar. Her wings are a tiny bit bigger than they should be, her legs are a dark grey and her talons are a pale white-ish cream color. History: Tzilani was found as an egg by a Turan Monk just outside the Frozen Talon Pass. The monk, a Snowy owl by the name of Metong, and a few of his fellows had been guiding a group of birds through the Pass. When they came across to the other side, they came upon what looked like a massacre. There were few dead birds, but several smashed eggs, only a few eggs had survived, The group of birds the Monks had been guiding had already left, and since the Monks had no where to take the eggs, they decided they would each take one to two and raise them as their own. Metong ended up with two. One was teal with brown spots, the other was cream with brown spots. Metong took care of the eggs until they hatched, which was not long after them being found. From the teal one came a small, black chick. She was named Tzilani, a crow. From the cream egg came a brown chick. He was named Bunari (Boo-Na-Ri), a Brambling. The two chicks grew up quickly and were almost insuperable. Many of the Monks were weary of Tzilani, once they realized she was a crow and what that meant, and when her eyes didn't change from blue to brown during early adolescence, they became even more weary. While ousted by most of the other Monks, Bunari and Metong loved her and trusted her. A couple years later, it was time for Bunari to leave. He had no interest in being a Monk and no longer wished to be surrounded by ice and snow. They summer, Bunari, Metong and Tzilani guided a group of birds through the Frozen Talon Pass. When they emerged on the other side, the Crow and the Snowy Owl said goodbye to the Brambling. When Tzilani and Metong returned, things were different. Tzilani could feel the icy touch of loneliness as the other Monks avoided her, and Metong was not always able to be with her. A few years later, Metong was sent to be a guide through the pass. While he was gone, the other Monks took the chance to finally push Tzilani out. It took a few days, but before Metong could return and push for her to stay, Tzilani was gone. She left a note for Metong, hoping that one day they could be reunited. Part way through the Frozen Talon Pass, she was found. A murder of crows descended upon her and attacked. Tzilani doesn't remember much from the attack, but she emerged from the pass with a few feathers missing and a few scars, most notably along her right eye. Since then To get she does small side jobs from hunting for those who can't to being hired to kill another bird. She also lives with a companion by the name Zuzun, a Sandhill Crane Family: Adoptive Father, a Turan Monk by the name of Metong (Meh-tong) Girl/Boyfriend/Spouse: None Weapon: Chromium claw tips Strengths: She can be quite observant at times and has good eye sight, especially when it comes to something shiny. She also has a high tolerance of the cold, for being a crow, there is only so much she can handle but being successfully raised with the Turan Monks in the Gale Range has built up a tolerance. Weaknesses: She is young, so the occasional slip into youthful pride and occasional selfishness, she can be quite silent, whether that's out of shyness or observation is oft hard to tell. She has a weakness for shiny things and has to constantly battle her need to grab those objects. Partner/friends/ enemies:Friend: Zuzun Other: Before she left the Monks, Metong had given her a lump of raw sapphire on a chain. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Username: Draconequis Name: Pteryon Species: Secretary Bird Allegiance: Age: Somewhere in his mid twenties Gender: Male Personality: an action-oriented being, he is very down-to-earth, single-minded, and willful. He tends to be attracted to the cut and thrust of battle (real and metaphorical) preferring to get his talons dirty rather than to stand back and pull strings. He sees life in terms of confrontations and rising to the challenges which are presented to him. He is extremely loyal, and protective of his friends as well as being proper, serious, stoic and calm. He doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor, and is almost always looking stern. if he fails to protect a bird he has pledged himself to, he would view himself as lower than dirt and as a failure and accept any punishment which comes to him. There are moments when he can be rather snarky and sarcastic, mainly when he finds a person who tries to act tough but isn't. he has a rather dry wit and sense of humor. When he opens up a bit more, he can be quite kind and gentlemanly. Though he can be a bit snippy if someone makes fun of the fact that he prefers to be terrestrial rather than in the air (due to his rather slow flight, being a big bird). Spirit: Spirit of the Warrior. The Warrior’s specialty is forceful interaction, especially with those who oppose or threaten. Warrior souls are forceful; they embody qualities of strength, courage and determination. They like to be on the front line with their trusted comrades, and strongly value both courage and loyalty. The basic right of any warrior is to uphold something right and defeat something wrong. In a past life he was Ragweed, a fierce Anhinga who was once the bodyguard of the prince. His wing was busted on attempting to protect his charge, and he crashed to the ground in a heap, busting his leg on impact so he was unable to stand properly. He urged the prince to leave him there, but he would not go. And even as Ragweed lay helpless, The Prince tried to protect him as he had protected the prince time and time again. Ragweed watched with helpless horror as the assassin killed his best friend. And his life was shattered from that moment on, he had failed his Prince. They accused him of killing The Prince, and he protested, asking why would he kill his prince and best friend.. and then asked them to kill him, for he had failed his prince. They wanted nothing to do with him and banished him to the Syhal Desert. he lived out most of his life in a greif stricken revere before falling for a lovely young secretary bird named Anila. Anila and him conceived a child together, this child ended up being a bizzare hybrid of Secretary bird and Anhinga, with white feathers and a snake-like neck. Then this child married another and another until the Anhinga features faded from the warrior spirit. Description: A very large bird, standing at about four feet and three inches tall, with a wingspan of seven feet. He weighs about fifteen pounds, (which is why he dislikes flight, as his muscle makes it difficult to fly for long periods of time). He has a rather eagle-like head with a hooked bill and rounded wings. His body is covered in greyish white feathers, and he has a crown of distinct black feathers which protrude from the back of his head. Parts of his face leading into his beak are a bright orange, the tip of his beak is silver-gray. The tips of his wings are as black as the feathers coming from his head, and he has long, crane-like legs which are pink in color. He has several scars from his battles with other warriors, and his beak has a triangle shape missing from the left side. His tail is long and silver grey dipped in white, some feathers appear to be missing. History: Ptyeryon's kind are known for being powerful warriors, using their powerful legs to kick their enemies, even in flight. From a young age Ptyeryon was taught to fend for himself and fight off his family members. he was the smallest of his clutch of eggs, and thus considered the lowest of all of his brothers and sisters. To toughen the chicks up, all meals were first come first serve. When Pteryon was a hatchling he was nearly always last, getting kicked back out of the way of others. However, he was always determined and continued to get up despite being knocked back. Knowing that this was a vicious cycle and that he was never going to get any bigger or stronger from this, Ptyeron went out hunting on his own. He started to be able to catch small things, using his general smallness to help him hunt. Pteryon's cleverness helped him survive till first flight, where he was then abandoned by his parents to fend for himself. He managed to survive in the harsh desert, kicking snakes to death who dared to try and bite him, and eating whatever small creatures he could manage to get his talons on. Through hardship, he learned defensive and offensive maneuvers to keep himeself alive. he wanders the Desert in search of a purpose. Every time he sees another of his kind, he is required to fight them for dominance, (its a weird thing that they do to establish territories) Family: Sister: Coloquia, Sister: Nellie, Brother: Imp, Brother: Jurarmi Mother: Anima, Father: Chevron Girl/Boyfriend/Spouse: Naaah. technically he has an arrange marriage thing going on, but after he gets his warrior spirit he is going to forget that completely. Weapon: Well, he has this bizzare shin armor that covers his spindly legs to protect them. it also has spikes on the knees and in the back, allowing him for secondary and tertiary areas of peircing. (He actually has a full set of armor, but since it is heavy, he normally only wears the leg armor); he's occasionally known for picking up small sticks and swinging them and dropping rocks on things from a height. Strengths: His armor: its protective if he puts it all on Kicking: he is quite good at kicking things... its how he fights... and dances.. Survival: Due to a lifetime of having to fend for himself, he kind of has this nack for survival, especially in the desert. Weaknesses: His armor: it slows him down if he puts it all on. Flight: he's really bad at flying.. almost comically. Banished: technically his spirit is banished to the desert. Partner/friends/ enemies: not yet Other: he can count to potato ------------------------------------------------- Username: SlothToast Name: Sila (see-lah) Species: Tawny Owl Allegiance: She is the royal hatchling caretaker for the Aeoleon line falcons. Age: 26 Gender: Female Personality: Sila is always supporting unless she thinks whatever you are doing could seriously harm you or others under her care. She is a very warm hearted and open bird, but she can also be stern. It's common to see her treating birds who are even older than herself like her children, though no one seems to particularly mind. While she is very friendly, a encounter with her can turn violent in a instant if you threaten her or the ones she cares for. However, Sila is forgiving and doesn't hold grudges unless you do something really horrible. Spirit: Sila has the spirit of the Hearthkeeper. She has a instinctual protectiveness over birds weaker than herself, even if it quite often lands her into trouble. Her past life was lived in the form of a renegade eagle named Alis. Alis was a pacifist during the war, despite her breed. She traveled the battlegrounds, leading the young and injured to safety during the hardest of times. With eagle circles she was regarded with disgust and hatred, but among other peaceful birds who opposed the war she was a savior. She saved many before falling to a untimely death just before the war ended. She was killed by a eagle troop while saving a clutch of falcon hatchlings. Description: ~ Source An average sized Tawny Owl, though compared to other birds of prey she is very small. History: Sila was born to a line of wealthy owls living in Broken Beak Well. She was a unusual clutch of one and even more, completely infertile. This meant she couldn't continue the family's line, which rendered her useless in her parent's eyes. She wasn't beautiful, fertile or adept at any skill they considered useful. She was a disgrace to their lineage. So it was easy, really, to dispose of her. A accident, they said. Awfully unfortunate. They crafted the perfect story: Sila, the annoying little thing, had jumped out of her nest because she thought she could fly. Hit the ground and died a quick, painless death. How peculiar that no one ever found her body. In reality, she was flown far into the desert and left there. They figured she would starve or be ripped apart by coyotes. It was all in the will of Nyktha, of course. The weak had no place in the owl hierarchy. So Sila grew up alone and constantly afraid, teaching herself the skills to survive in the harsh landscape. She was always hungry and thirsty. You might think that such a experience would turn the young Sila bitter and cold, but it in fact did the opposite. She treasured every day she had and was always kind to the fellow wanderers of the desert. Upon maturing, Sila began to have dreams and visions of a strange forest she had never seen before. Each scene was full of war and bloodshed, hundreds of figures battling with beak and talons. But each time she saw a eagle that stood out from the rest, as if the others were simply blurred into the background. This eagle only fought when others tried to harm the birds that she seemed to be protecting; the old and young, weak and injured. It was foolish, Sila knew, to believe in things as abstract as dreams, but she was drawn to this forest. Her senses brought her over the mountains and into the Karhal Forest. And there, she realized, was what she had been seeing. Except, there was no fighting now. It was a kingdom scrambling to recover, and because of that they obviously didn't trust Sila when she entered their territory. But Sila was compelled to care for others, especially falcon hatchlings. Her offer was simple: to protect their hatchery in exchange for a place to live. Desperate for any aid, they let her, although she was guarded at all times for almost a year. After that period it was generally decided that she could be trusted and has worked there ever since. Family: Father: Styx Mother: Khaila Siblings: (Younger than her, Khaila and Styx's second clutch) Naia and Kalick Weapon: Talons. Strengths: - Skilled persuader - Crafty and clever after living alone for so long - Completely selfless Weaknesses: - Selfless to the point of foolishness - Occasionally naive Other?: Sila is Alis backwards ;) --------------------------------------- Username: CornixElecti Name: Zuzun Species: Sandhill Crane Allegiance: Tzilani, those he considers friends, innocents Age: 21 Gender: Male Personality: Zuzun is kind and rather quiet, but in a different way from Tzilani. His silence is either because he has nothing to say or because he wish to see what others say. He is quite insightful and works to counteract Tzilani's occasional outbursts of youthful pride or ignorance. He has been all over Kylashna and has seen many things, but often keeps this to himself. Zuzun is also quite spiritual. Description: Zuzun has fiery orange eyes, black feet, white feathers and a red forehead. His secondary feathers are tipped black, as if dipped in ink, and when the sun shines above or through them, they are tinted orange, the rest of the wing is snow-white. The base of his neck and the bust of his chest are a fiery orange that matches his eyes. Around he legs, dark blue cloth is wrapped around them which cover up nasty scars from burns he received as an adolescent. Around his neck he wears a similar pendant to that of Tzilani, but his is jasper. History: Much is unknown about Zuzun, none even know if that is his true name. All that is known is that during his mid to late teen years he was part of a gang in the Stratus Plains. He met Tzilani soon after she was pushed out by the Monks and has been with her ever since. He uses his connections to get her jobs to keep her busy. When Tzilani is out doing odd jobs he will either hunt for food, take up a few jobs of his own, or craft with metal. He often takes wire and thin chains as well as gems and other items to create jewelry which he sells on the side. His own necklace he created, something to connect himself to Tzilani, of whom he sees as a sister. Family: Unknown Girl/Boyfriend/Spouse: None Weapon: Zuzun uses a Bo staff made up of Brazilian Walnut, on the staff there are three bands of Chromium on each end of the staff. Strengths: He's quite observant and kind, often taking in other innocent birds in attempt to help them. When he cares for another it is deeply and passionately, which is why he only has one he cares so much about. Weaknesses: He is almost kind to a fault, which can be a problem, but when it comes to birds who have crossed him there is no turning back to his good graces. While he knows what right and wrong are, his definitions can be rather fluid, somethings that may be considered bad, wrong or evil, don't always fit in his meaning of the word. Partner/friends/ enemies: Friend: Tzilani Other?: While Zuzun loves Tzilani a great deal, he only sees her as a little sister he must care for. Therefore, he is quite protective of her, even if it isn't always shown, and will not hesitate to scold the crow for doing something wrong. ----------------- Username: Zenikay Name: Letaldi (pronounced leh-tall-dee, but he also goes by Curio) Species: Gyrfalacon Allegiance: Systal line Age: 19 Gender: Male Personality: Letaldi is a big softy, and he enjoys helping out those in need. He is also pretty amiable and gets along well with most people, though he still can get on bad terms with others. Whenever he's feeling upset, he hides it because he doesn't want to spread the negativity to those that don't deserve a spoiled mood. If they deserve it though, or are the cause of his sadness or anger, he almost never holds back on letting them understand how they have hurt him. Letaldi is also very smart, and has already published multiple detailed maps in various atlases for different parts of Avenia. He hopes one day to own his own sort of library, where he can make more maps and occasionally write books or articles to educate others about exploring to encourage them to take it up (though he'd only really visit the place, too much adventuring to do!). He also hopes to explore outside of Avenia in the future, just to see if there is anything out there other than ocean. Spirit: Letaldi's Undying spirit is the Spirit of the Wanderer. In his most recent life, he was a cheerful little burrowing owl named Umata. Umata lived a very average life, though she was one of the best burrowers in the community and often helped everyone out. But being such an adventurer, she eventually left to explore the rest of Avenia (after exploring the majority of Syhal by age ten, albeit underground). In her early adult years she returned home, and many didn't believe in her skills as an explorer. Now, she wasn't particularly bright, so she made a challenge to prove her skills that she was going to dig through the world and come out the other side, then fly all the way back. Needless to say, she never even made it to the other side, but she didn't head back because she was very determined to get it done. But basically the further she went in, the more her tunnel collapsed, until finally she got stuck and suffocated to death. Seeing how this isn't really a fun way to go, Letaldi now has big phobias about going underground or losing oxygen (so he never goes in holes even to explore, nor does he work himself to the point of exhaustion or panting for breath). Description: stock-photo-silver-gyrfalcon-bird-of-kings-26298763.jpg (free stock photo, also imagine him looking happier ^^) History: Letaldi could never control his urges to explore, I guess it was almost as if he had to go pee all of the time. He was the first to jump from the nest to test his wings, and by first I mean he jumped a year early, nearly killing himself (though miraculously he was caught by a branch). Now unlike his preceding life, he is a lot smarter, but he just could not suppress his intense desires for travel. Once he learned how to fly, a year later a forest fire swept through their home and left the family's survivors homeless, forced to live with relatives. Only a year after this big event, Letaldi abandoned the nest to adventure Avenia. Being a homeless ten year-old wasn't a walk in the park though, and a lot of times he was scraping by to the extent of being forced to return back home to get things he needed to survive. Repeatedly, the family tried to get him to stay, even resorting to not allowing him leave and basically holding him captive (albeit for his own protection), but always he would find a way to escape. Around his younger teenage years, he found substantial ways to live on his own by traveling to communities and selling maps he'd made to others, so he no longer had to return to the nest with his newfound chips. Currently he is keeping a similar routine of being a worry-free vagabond but still stopping by communes every week or so to do something, and he hasn't seen his family in five years. Fortunately, he is perfectly fine with being alone, though one may argue that his solitude could be badly affecting his health at times. Family: A brother, Jikker, and his two sisters Venira and Shonia. One parent died from natural causes and another parent as well as two other siblings died from a forest fire, so the rest of the family was mainly cared for by relatives. Weapon: "The pen is mightier than the sword!" (He doesn't fight, and he usually just picks flight instead, but I guess if he had to fight he'd just use his claws or beak. Or maybe he'd stab them with his pen? Since it's mightier? That would be interesting~) Strengths: Noticing detail (which really helps make precise maps, so he can sell them for more), calligraphy/drawing (also helps with maps, plus writing letters/books/articles), and exploring (this is a given, but what I mean by it is he's very environmental and can feel when and how the weather will change, how formations on the world were created, determining different minerals, etc.). Weaknesses: He has massive phobias for losing his breath, going underground, and fire. He also really doesn't like change. Partner/friends/enemies: He has an enemy named Valsiir who's just an arrogant owl he really doesn't like and doesn't like him back, I don't know if he'll be in the roleplay though~ Other?: (He's actually really similar to me in a lot of ways because I hate change and being a Sagittarius I legit love exploring. I'm usually not one to believe in superstitious things like zodiac signs but mine just has me spot on y'know? If I could live off of adventuring I definitely would. And since the world (excluding the ocean) has basically been explored already, I'm trying to get a job to get me into space! Just something I thought I'd add, I dunno~)
Characters:

Username: ShadowGuardian0
Name: Katran
Species: Peregrine Falcon
Allegiance: His family (Parents and a brother and sister)
Personality: Katran is young at heart, being hyper, happy and energetic. He loves to explore new places by day, but by night prefers to sleep at home where he is happy.

Katran, even with his frailties is at the prime of his life and he intends to make the most of it. He isn't sure what he wants to do with his life and loves to try new things.

Spirit: Spirit of Judgement. In his past life, he was the Aeleon Heir before being targeted and assassinated. He was slowly poisoned, but the Assassin became hasty and ended up using a blade. As the prince, he looked out for his people and look for alternative ways for peace to avoid war, but was not a coward unwilling to fight for his people.

The Prince was well liked by his people and by most, but as time grew on he became more distant to his father and his new ideals. The King was said to have grown calloused in his old age and was worried about invasion by others, he broke off many relationships including an arranged marriage to the oldest Systal Princess.

The Queen tried to mediate peace between the two and to reason with the King's hasty and aggressive policies, but neither seemed to work. The Prince went out for a flight to clear his mind after a heated argument with the King. He was feeling more unwell than usual, believing stress was making him sick. But a burning pain swelled in his heart and he struggled to focus on even staying airborne. His close friend and bodyguard (Another Undying spirit, if anyone wants that role) tried to help him when an Eagle Assassin slashed him with his talons. The bodyguard saw the attack at the last second and dodged most of the attack, but it hit a critical part of his wing and he fell. With his bodyguard unable to fly, the prince fought the pain and went into a steel dive, catching him and slowing him enough to land. The Eagle was unable to match the Prince's speed and caught up to him as both lay together. The bodyguard urged the Prince leave him since he could still fly and was the target, but he would not.

His friend warned him of the attack and he barely dodged the first attack and even managed to strike a small, fairly harmless blow to the bird, bur The trained assassin brought up his sword and plunged it deep into the prince before quickly leaving the scene. Blood poured from the grevious wounds and soaked his friends feathers and the ground. With his dying words he told his friend "We shall see each other again"

The other palace guards had seen the two fall and mistook it for a fight and arrived to see his friend with slight wounds and the Prince dead. The Prince still had fresh blood on his talons from the presumed fight.

The bodyguard, was thought to have been hired by the Eagles. His friend, consumed by guilt on his failings neither confirmed nor denied any allegations. He said one thing, but it is unsure of what he said. Some say it was "Kill me", or "I'll kill you" , a confession "I killed him" or "Why would I kill him?". But they did not kill him, but stripped him of his title and Banished him to the Syhal.

The King fell into a deep grief that turned to anger. Blaming the Eagles he took it upon himself to kill their Heir and so the war started. By the time the war was over, the Queen and King were both dead and much was lost.

Description: A small Peregrine Falcon Tiercel who struggles with health problems. Sometimes he feels weak and cannot leave his family's tree hollow where he lives, other times he is fine. He appears runted in all forms and he lacks a bright beak or legs as a Peregrine would have. Even a blue feathers coat is a duller gray. He is pale and when he moves, he seems to glide. Many at first glance thought he was a ghost or evil spirit.

History: Katran was born in a Tree Hollow in the Karhal Forest close to the Aeleon palace. He grew up sick most of the time. As he grew older, he was a little more healthy, but was still pale and small. The opposite of an intimidating, laughable, especially for a Peregrine that have reputations for tenacity and can really ante up in a fight.

Katran was never one to fight, but was a target for thieves and crows on several occasions. Sometimes he was saved by strangers, Warriors, Vigilantes or Rangers, but others he barely (or didn't) make it home before collapsing in a pile of his own blood. He hates being weaker and wishes he could be the one to save others instead of having to be saved.

Passing places where birds were buried or burned, he always seemed to see them in the corner of his eye, but turning to face them, they were gone. He also would hear whispers almost loud enough to discern, but focusing on them, they faded. He wonders if he is haunted for some wrong he has done, since his health is always in question or if he is crazy, questioning his mind.

Family: His family was not poor or rich, but was doing well enough compared to others. His father works as a Guard in the Aeleon Palace and his mother a Healer. He is the oldest brother and his siblings are not old enough to start working. His father Kaplan and his father before him Kuztsev both were guards, and having his firstborn a male, he was also expected to be a Guard, but after being so sickly and weak, he was unable to pass the test to get into the Guard. His father was deeply disappointed but did not say so, hoping his son could find some other honorable work. Since failing the test, his father never treated him the same and being around his father always made him feel inferior and like a failure.

His Mother , Yuria, uurged him to consider medicinal arts, but he could never memorize the herbs, berries, poultice and methods of healing and almost killed on of her patients by almost accidentally giving them a lethal berry similar to the correct one. He did not know why he was drawn to it or why he tried to give it to them.

His siblings Yana and Detren could see they were different from him, but did not understand why. But, they were happy he always seemed to find something freshly dead for them to eat, so they never went hungry and his parents could focus on work.

Girl/Boyfriend/Spouse: None
Weapon: He does not know how to fight or use weapons, he can't even rely hunt well. He has a knack for finding fresh prey corpses and has not needed to hunt.

Strengths: Loyalty, Katran had few friends due to his health and general look, but he guards them all closely, as well as his family. He does not like to see others hurt and often ends up in bad positions telling stronger meaner birds to leave others alone, so they focus on him. In his mind he wishes to be the hero, but ends up little more than a glorified punching bag. He will not stay down in such a one way "fight", which leads to more extensive inquiries. The only reason he isn't so heavily scarred is because his mother is a good Healer. He has good eyesight and is fast on the wing and nuble, on good days. He often pushes himself to do better and beat his own records, trying to train the weakness out of himself. "Pain is weakness leaving the body" he tells himself.

Weaknesses: Because of his realistic dreams, he often is afraid to fall asleep. He feels the poison slow his heart as he flies, only to see a see a strange yet comforting bird save him from it. He tries to save this person who gives him a warm feeling, he dances with the foe and finds a blade sunk into his vitals. With this dream he wakes in excruciating pain, tremors and an icy feeling in his veins. He is small and weakly, useless in combat and may make an okay scout if he is not winded.

Other?:

Username: @CornixElecti
Name: Tzilani (Zi-laa-ni)
Species: Crow
Allegiance: Metong, Bunari, Zuzun, herself
Personality: She is normally quiet, from years spent by herself. What also comes with that is sometimes she doesn't filter what she says and can often be blunt. She is respectful towards others and doesn't often let others close, seeing as the only two that were close to her were her adoptive father and brother.

Spirit: Spirit of the Shadow
The Spirit of the Shadow. A darker, secreted bird that came melt or blend into shadows. This spirit was have said to be created when an evil possesses bird attacked Stavall at his home. The bird was beaten and fell into the Well and was incinerated. The residual evil spirits were cleansed. It can see through the eyes of others, discern if a bird is telling the truth or lying, melt into and out of shadows and there is a cooler presence around the bird. It is agile and smooth, very hard to attack. But the more the abilities are used, the more drawn it is to the evil it sprang from.
(Written by ShadowGuardian0, thank you!)
Before the Spirit of the Shadow was Tzilani, it was a Black Cormorant by the name of Eberon (Eh-beh-ron). He was a secretive and hidden bird and didn't often show himself. As a chick he had been really shy and often secluded himself in his own nest. He left his flock during his adolescent years and was not heard of again.

Not long after he found a mate, Tulara (Two-lah-ra) and had a fairly peaceful life. He would set up a secluded area and scout often, whenever danger got too close he and his mate would relocate. After having a nest, he was found by a crow. The bird murdered him, his mate and almost all the chicks. One had survived, having been the first to leave the nest.

Description:
YpJ5iU6.png

Tzilani is an average sized crow with dark black feathers that have a blue hue to them, her eyes are pale blue and across one she has a faint scar. Her wings are a tiny bit bigger than they should be, her legs are a dark grey and her talons are a pale white-ish cream color.

History: Tzilani was found as an egg by a Turan Monk just outside the Frozen Talon Pass. The monk, a Snowy owl by the name of Metong, and a few of his fellows had been guiding a group of birds through the Pass. When they came across to the other side, they came upon what looked like a massacre. There were few dead birds, but several smashed eggs, only a few eggs had survived,

The group of birds the Monks had been guiding had already left, and since the Monks had no where to take the eggs, they decided they would each take one to two and raise them as their own. Metong ended up with two. One was teal with brown spots, the other was cream with brown spots. Metong took care of the eggs until they hatched, which was not long after them being found. From the teal one came a small, black chick. She was named Tzilani, a crow. From the cream egg came a brown chick. He was named Bunari (Boo-Na-Ri), a Brambling.

The two chicks grew up quickly and were almost insuperable. Many of the Monks were weary of Tzilani, once they realized she was a crow and what that meant, and when her eyes didn't change from blue to brown during early adolescence, they became even more weary. While ousted by most of the other Monks, Bunari and Metong loved her and trusted her.

A couple years later, it was time for Bunari to leave. He had no interest in being a Monk and no longer wished to be surrounded by ice and snow. They summer, Bunari, Metong and Tzilani guided a group of birds through the Frozen Talon Pass. When they emerged on the other side, the Crow and the Snowy Owl said goodbye to the Brambling. When Tzilani and Metong returned, things were different. Tzilani could feel the icy touch of loneliness as the other Monks avoided her, and Metong was not always able to be with her.

A few years later, Metong was sent to be a guide through the pass. While he was gone, the other Monks took the chance to finally push Tzilani out. It took a few days, but before Metong could return and push for her to stay, Tzilani was gone. She left a note for Metong, hoping that one day they could be reunited. Part way through the Frozen Talon Pass, she was found. A murder of crows descended upon her and attacked.

Tzilani doesn't remember much from the attack, but she emerged from the pass with a few feathers missing and a few scars, most notably along her right eye. Since then To get she does small side jobs from hunting for those who can't to being hired to kill another bird. She also lives with a companion by the name Zuzun, a Sandhill Crane
Family: Adoptive Father, a Turan Monk by the name of Metong (Meh-tong)
Weapon: Chromium claw tips
Strengths: She can be quite observant at times and has good eye sight, especially when it comes to something shiny. She also has a high tolerance of the cold, for being a crow, there is only so much she can handle but being successfully raised with the Turan Monks in the Gale Range has built up a tolerance.
Weaknesses: She is young, so the occasional slip into youthful pride and occasional selfishness, she can be quite silent, whether that's out of shyness or observation is oft hard to tell. She has a weakness for shiny things and has to constantly battle her need to grab those objects.
Partner/friends/ enemies:Friend: Zuzun
Other: Before she left the Monks, Metong had given her a lump of raw sapphire on a chain.

Username: Draconequis
Name: Pteryon
Species: Secretary Bird
Allegiance:
Personality: an action-oriented being, he is very down-to-earth, single-minded, and willful. He tends to be attracted to the cut and thrust of battle (real and metaphorical) preferring to get his talons dirty rather than to stand back and pull strings. He sees life in terms of confrontations and rising to the challenges which are presented to him.

He is extremely loyal, and protective of his friends as well as being proper, serious, stoic and calm. He doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor, and is almost always looking stern. if he fails to protect a bird he has pledged himself to, he would view himself as lower than dirt and as a failure and accept any punishment which comes to him. There are moments when he can be rather snarky and sarcastic, mainly when he finds a person who tries to act tough but isn't. he has a rather dry wit and sense of humor.

When he opens up a bit more, he can be quite kind and gentlemanly. Though he can be a bit snippy if someone makes fun of the fact that he prefers to be terrestrial rather than in the air (due to his rather slow flight, being a big bird).

Spirit: Spirit of the Warrior. The Warrior’s specialty is forceful interaction, especially with those who oppose or threaten. Warrior souls are forceful; they embody qualities of strength, courage and determination. They like to be on the front line with their trusted comrades, and strongly value both courage and loyalty. The basic right of any warrior is to uphold something right and defeat something wrong.

In a past life he was Ragweed, a fierce Anhinga who was once the bodyguard of the prince. His wing was busted on attempting to protect his charge, and he crashed to the ground in a heap, busting his leg on impact so he was unable to stand properly. He urged the prince to leave him there, but he would not go. And even as Ragweed lay helpless, The Prince tried to protect him as he had protected the prince time and time again.

Ragweed watched with helpless horror as the assassin killed his best friend. And his life was shattered from that moment on, he had failed his Prince. They accused him of killing The Prince, and he protested, asking why would he kill his prince and best friend.. and then asked them to kill him, for he had failed his prince. They wanted nothing to do with him and banished him to the Syhal Desert.

he lived out most of his life in a greif stricken revere before falling for a lovely young secretary bird named Anila. Anila and him conceived a child together, this child ended up being a bizzare hybrid of Secretary bird and Anhinga, with white feathers and a snake-like neck. Then this child married another and another until the Anhinga features faded from the warrior spirit.

Description: A very large bird, standing at about four feet and three inches tall, with a wingspan of seven feet. He weighs about fifteen pounds, (which is why he dislikes flight, as his muscle makes it difficult to fly for long periods of time). He has a rather eagle-like head with a hooked bill and rounded wings. His body is covered in greyish white feathers, and he has a crown of distinct black feathers which protrude from the back of his head. Parts of his face leading into his beak are a bright orange, the tip of his beak is silver-gray. The tips of his wings are as black as the feathers coming from his head, and he has long, crane-like legs which are pink in color. He has several scars from his battles with other warriors, and his beak has a triangle shape missing from the left side. His tail is long and silver grey dipped in white, some feathers appear to be missing.

History:

Ptyeryon's kind are known for being powerful warriors, using their powerful legs to kick their enemies, even in flight. From a young age Ptyeryon was taught to fend for himself and fight off his family members. he was the smallest of his clutch of eggs, and thus considered the lowest of all of his brothers and sisters. To toughen the chicks up, all meals were first come first serve. When Pteryon was a hatchling he was nearly always last, getting kicked back out of the way of others. However, he was always determined and continued to get up despite being knocked back. Knowing that this was a vicious cycle and that he was never going to get any bigger or stronger from this, Ptyeron went out hunting on his own. He started to be able to catch small things, using his general smallness to help him hunt.

Pteryon's cleverness helped him survive till first flight, where he was then abandoned by his parents to fend for himself. He managed to survive in the harsh desert, kicking snakes to death who dared to try and bite him, and eating whatever small creatures he could manage to get his talons on.

Through hardship, he learned defensive and offensive maneuvers to keep himeself alive. he wanders the Desert in search of a purpose.

Every time he sees another of his kind, he is required to fight them for dominance, (its a weird thing that they do to establish territories)

Family: Sister: Coloquia, Sister: Nellie, Brother: Imp, Brother: Jurarmi Mother: Anima, Father: Chevron
Girl/Boyfriend/Spouse: Naaah. technically he has an arrange marriage thing going on, but after he gets his warrior spirit he is going to forget that completely.
Weapon: Well, he has this bizzare shin armor that covers his spindly legs to protect them. it also has spikes on the knees and in the back, allowing him for secondary and tertiary areas of peircing. (He actually has a full set of armor, but since it is heavy, he normally only wears the leg armor); he's occasionally known for picking up small sticks and swinging them and dropping rocks on things from a height.
Strengths:
His armor: its protective if he puts it all on
Kicking: he is quite good at kicking things... its how he fights... and dances..
Survival: Due to a lifetime of having to fend for himself, he kind of has this nack for survival, especially in the desert.
Weaknesses:
His armor: it slows him down if he puts it all on.
Flight: he's really bad at flying.. almost comically.
Banished: technically his spirit is banished to the desert.
Partner/friends/ enemies: not yet
Other: he can count to potato

Username: SlothToast
Name: Sila (see-lah)
Species: Tawny Owl
Allegiance: She is the royal hatchling caretaker for the Aeoleon line falcons.
Personality:
Sila is always supporting unless she thinks whatever you are doing could seriously harm you or others under her care. She is a very warm hearted and open bird, but she can also be stern. It's common to see her treating birds who are even older than herself like her children, though no one seems to particularly mind. While she is very friendly, a encounter with her can turn violent in a instant if you threaten her or the ones she cares for. However, Sila is forgiving and doesn't hold grudges unless you do something really horrible.

Spirit:
Sila has the spirit of the Hearthkeeper. She has a instinctual protectiveness over birds weaker than herself, even if it quite often lands her into trouble.

Her past life was lived in the form of a renegade eagle named Alis. Alis was a pacifist during the war, despite her breed. She traveled the battlegrounds, leading the young and injured to safety during the hardest of times. With eagle circles she was regarded with disgust and hatred, but among other peaceful birds who opposed the war she was a savior. She saved many before falling to a untimely death just before the war ended. She was killed by a eagle troop while saving a clutch of falcon hatchlings.

Description:
~ Source
An average sized Tawny Owl, though compared to other birds of prey she is very small.

History:
Sila was born to a line of wealthy owls living in Broken Beak Well. She was a unusual clutch of one and even more, completely infertile. This meant she couldn't continue the family's line, which rendered her useless in her parent's eyes. She wasn't beautiful, fertile or adept at any skill they considered useful. She was a disgrace to their lineage. So it was easy, really, to dispose of her. A accident, they said. Awfully unfortunate. They crafted the perfect story: Sila, the annoying little thing, had jumped out of her nest because she thought she could fly. Hit the ground and died a quick, painless death. How peculiar that no one ever found her body.

In reality, she was flown far into the desert and left there. They figured she would starve or be ripped apart by coyotes. It was all in the will of Nyktha, of course. The weak had no place in the owl hierarchy. So Sila grew up alone and constantly afraid, teaching herself the skills to survive in the harsh landscape. She was always hungry and thirsty. You might think that such a experience would turn the young Sila bitter and cold, but it in fact did the opposite. She treasured every day she had and was always kind to the fellow wanderers of the desert. Upon maturing, Sila began to have dreams and visions of a strange forest she had never seen before. Each scene was full of war and bloodshed, hundreds of figures battling with beak and talons. But each time she saw a eagle that stood out from the rest, as if the others were simply blurred into the background. This eagle only fought when others tried to harm the birds that she seemed to be protecting; the old and young, weak and injured. It was foolish, Sila knew, to believe in things as abstract as dreams, but she was drawn to this forest. Her senses brought her over the mountains and into the Karhal Forest. And there, she realized, was what she had been seeing. Except, there was no fighting now. It was a kingdom scrambling to recover, and because of that they obviously didn't trust Sila when she entered their territory. But Sila was compelled to care for others, especially falcon hatchlings.

Her offer was simple: to protect their hatchery in exchange for a place to live. Desperate for any aid, they let her, although she was guarded at all times for almost a year. After that period it was generally decided that she could be trusted and has worked there ever since.
Family:
Father: Styx
Mother: Khaila
Siblings: (Younger than her, Khaila and Styx's second clutch)
Naia and Kalick
Weapon: Talons.
Strengths:
- Skilled persuader
- Crafty and clever after living alone for so long
- Completely selfless
Weaknesses:
- Selfless to the point of foolishness
- Occasionally naive
Other?: Sila is Alis backwards ;)

Username: CornixElecti
Name: Zuzun
Species: Sandhill Crane
Allegiance: Tzilani, those he considers friends, innocents
Personality: Zuzun is kind and rather quiet, but in a different way from Tzilani. His silence is either because he has nothing to say or because he wish to see what others say. He is quite insightful and works to counteract Tzilani's occasional outbursts of youthful pride or ignorance. He has been all over Kylashna and has seen many things, but often keeps this to himself. Zuzun is also quite spiritual.

Description: Zuzun has fiery orange eyes, black feet, white feathers and a red forehead. His secondary feathers are tipped black, as if dipped in ink, and when the sun shines above or through them, they are tinted orange, the rest of the wing is snow-white. The base of his neck and the bust of his chest are a fiery orange that matches his eyes. Around he legs, dark blue cloth is wrapped around them which cover up nasty scars from burns he received as an adolescent. Around his neck he wears a similar pendant to that of Tzilani, but his is jasper.

History: Much is unknown about Zuzun, none even know if that is his true name. All that is known is that during his mid to late teen years he was part of a gang in the Stratus Plains. He met Tzilani soon after she was pushed out by the Monks and has been with her ever since. He uses his connections to get her jobs to keep her busy.

When Tzilani is out doing odd jobs he will either hunt for food, take up a few jobs of his own, or craft with metal. He often takes wire and thin chains as well as gems and other items to create jewelry which he sells on the side. His own necklace he created, something to connect himself to Tzilani, of whom he sees as a sister.
Family: Unknown
Weapon: Zuzun uses a Bo staff made up of Brazilian Walnut, on the staff there are three bands of Chromium on each end of the staff.
Strengths: He's quite observant and kind, often taking in other innocent birds in attempt to help them. When he cares for another it is deeply and passionately, which is why he only has one he cares so much about.
Weaknesses: He is almost kind to a fault, which can be a problem, but when it comes to birds who have crossed him there is no turning back to his good graces. While he knows what right and wrong are, his definitions can be rather fluid, somethings that may be considered bad, wrong or evil, don't always fit in his meaning of the word.
Partner/friends/ enemies: Friend: Tzilani
Other?: While Zuzun loves Tzilani a great deal, he only sees her as a little sister he must care for. Therefore, he is quite protective of her, even if it isn't always shown, and will not hesitate to scold the crow for doing something wrong.

Username: Zenikay
Name: Letaldi (pronounced leh-tall-dee, but he also goes by Curio)
Species: Gyrfalacon
Allegiance: Systal line
Personality: Letaldi is a big softy, and he enjoys helping out those in need. He is also pretty amiable and gets along well with most people, though he still can get on bad terms with others. Whenever he's feeling upset, he hides it because he doesn't want to spread the negativity to those that don't deserve a spoiled mood. If they deserve it though, or are the cause of his sadness or anger, he almost never holds back on letting them understand how they have hurt him.
Letaldi is also very smart, and has already published multiple detailed maps in various atlases for different parts of Avenia. He hopes one day to own his own sort of library, where he can make more maps and occasionally write books or articles to educate others about exploring to encourage them to take it up (though he'd only really visit the place, too much adventuring to do!). He also hopes to explore outside of Avenia in the future, just to see if there is anything out there other than ocean.

Spirit: Letaldi's Undying spirit is the Spirit of the Wanderer.
In his most recent life, he was a cheerful little burrowing owl named Umata. Umata lived a very average life, though she was one of the best burrowers in the community and often helped everyone out. But being such an adventurer, she eventually left to explore the rest of Avenia (after exploring the majority of Syhal by age ten, albeit underground). In her early adult years she returned home, and many didn't believe in her skills as an explorer. Now, she wasn't particularly bright, so she made a challenge to prove her skills that she was going to dig through the world and come out the other side, then fly all the way back. Needless to say, she never even made it to the other side, but she didn't head back because she was very determined to get it done. But basically the further she went in, the more her tunnel collapsed, until finally she got stuck and suffocated to death. Seeing how this isn't really a fun way to go, Letaldi now has big phobias about going underground or losing oxygen (so he never goes in holes even to explore, nor does he work himself to the point of exhaustion or panting for breath).

Description: stock-photo-silver-gyrfalcon-bird-of-kings-26298763.jpg (free stock photo, also imagine him looking happier ^^)

History: Letaldi could never control his urges to explore, I guess it was almost as if he had to go pee all of the time. He was the first to jump from the nest to test his wings, and by first I mean he jumped a year early, nearly killing himself (though miraculously he was caught by a branch). Now unlike his preceding life, he is a lot smarter, but he just could not suppress his intense desires for travel. Once he learned how to fly, a year later a forest fire swept through their home and left the family's survivors homeless, forced to live with relatives. Only a year after this big event, Letaldi abandoned the nest to adventure Avenia. Being a homeless ten year-old wasn't a walk in the park though, and a lot of times he was scraping by to the extent of being forced to return back home to get things he needed to survive. Repeatedly, the family tried to get him to stay, even resorting to not allowing him leave and basically holding him captive (albeit for his own protection), but always he would find a way to escape. Around his younger teenage years, he found substantial ways to live on his own by traveling to communities and selling maps he'd made to others, so he no longer had to return to the nest with his newfound chips. Currently he is keeping a similar routine of being a worry-free vagabond but still stopping by communes every week or so to do something, and he hasn't seen his family in five years. Fortunately, he is perfectly fine with being alone, though one may argue that his solitude could be badly affecting his health at times.
Family: A brother, Jikker, and his two sisters Venira and Shonia. One parent died from natural causes and another parent as well as two other siblings died from a forest fire, so the rest of the family was mainly cared for by relatives.
Weapon: "The pen is mightier than the sword!" (He doesn't fight, and he usually just picks flight instead, but I guess if he had to fight he'd just use his claws or beak. Or maybe he'd stab them with his pen? Since it's mightier? That would be interesting~)
Strengths: Noticing detail (which really helps make precise maps, so he can sell them for more), calligraphy/drawing (also helps with maps, plus writing letters/books/articles), and exploring (this is a given, but what I mean by it is he's very environmental and can feel when and how the weather will change, how formations on the world were created, determining different minerals, etc.).
Weaknesses: He has massive phobias for losing his breath, going underground, and fire. He also really doesn't like change.
Partner/friends/enemies: He has an enemy named Valsiir who's just an arrogant owl he really doesn't like and doesn't like him back, I don't know if he'll be in the roleplay though~
Other?: (He's actually really similar to me in a lot of ways because I hate change and being a Sagittarius I legit love exploring. I'm usually not one to believe in superstitious things like zodiac signs but mine just has me spot on y'know? If I could live off of adventuring I definitely would. And since the world (excluding the ocean) has basically been explored already, I'm trying to get a job to get me into space! Just something I thought I'd add, I dunno~)

@ShadowGuardian0

Is there a specific character application? Also, is it okay for me to be a crow :DDDD
@ShadowGuardian0

Is there a specific character application? Also, is it okay for me to be a crow :DDDD
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
@CornixElecti

Yes, there will be. But, I was going to make crows and ravens evil. Hmm. If you want to ave them be evil,sure. Or you could make an exception and have some special crow.

Applications are not open at the moment, but will be soon. I am very close to putting up all the info from my head.
@CornixElecti

Yes, there will be. But, I was going to make crows and ravens evil. Hmm. If you want to ave them be evil,sure. Or you could make an exception and have some special crow.

Applications are not open at the moment, but will be soon. I am very close to putting up all the info from my head.
@ShadowGuardian0

Hmmm I'm usually a crow when it comes to birds, if you want I'm totally okay with looking for something else, otherwise it would maybe make sense for somene from the less good side to have a chosen that breaks the trend with typically 'evil birds' but I'll leave that up to you since it's your RP, I would prefer to not be evil ^^
@ShadowGuardian0

Hmmm I'm usually a crow when it comes to birds, if you want I'm totally okay with looking for something else, otherwise it would maybe make sense for somene from the less good side to have a chosen that breaks the trend with typically 'evil birds' but I'll leave that up to you since it's your RP, I would prefer to not be evil ^^
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13