Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | OC Role Play [PRIVATE] W/UnseenRangerGal
1 2 3
@UnseenRangerGal

These are character descriptions and facts that are known about my characters by UnseenRangerGal' characters. This will be updated every time UnseenRangerGal's characters find new information about my characters.

What UnseenRangerGal's know about TorisLaurinaitis' Characters:

Tess Schroder
Sexuality: ???
Appearance: Red hair and amber eyes; she wears a sleeveless hoodie and shorts; there are bandages that run up her arms and legs, and a bandage around her waist
Personality: Lively and full of energy; quirky and typically very spontaneous and impulsive; she is also very sly and has a trickster nature; she can be quite childish at times
UPDATES Likes: Fire, dangerous tasks
Dislikes: Being treated like a child
Relationships: Partner with Lyle, friends with Rhys
Other: she relies on the help of her partner Lyle to stay out of trouble; Has congenial insensitivity to pain

Lyle Ottoson
Appearance: Silver hair and grey eyes; he wears a simple white T-shirt with long khaki pants
Personality: sharp, young know-it-all; regards himself as the most mature in his partnership with Tess; he can be a trickster, but is less so than Tess; when he doesn't know people, he is more mature than he is with people he knows
Dislikes: (??)
Relationships: Partner with Tess; friend of Rhys
Other: Adroit with pick-pocketing; Lyle keeps Tess in check, making sure they don't get in trouble; UPDATE a swordsman.

Rhys (???)
Appearance: Short brown hair; he has darker skin and coffee eyes; he wears a tank-top with khaki pants; he's a bit skinny, yet muscular
Personality: Kind and yet spontaneous (???)
Dislikes: (???)
Relationships: Friends with Tess and Lyle
Other: Is a skilled archer

Premise: Tess, Lyle, and Rhys are given a mission by Silver, Sylvia and Yin's friend. (That's all I got...)
@UnseenRangerGal

These are character descriptions and facts that are known about my characters by UnseenRangerGal' characters. This will be updated every time UnseenRangerGal's characters find new information about my characters.

What UnseenRangerGal's know about TorisLaurinaitis' Characters:

Tess Schroder
Appearance: Red hair and amber eyes; she wears a sleeveless hoodie and shorts; there are bandages that run up her arms and legs, and a bandage around her waist
Personality: Lively and full of energy; quirky and typically very spontaneous and impulsive; she is also very sly and has a trickster nature; she can be quite childish at times
UPDATES Likes: Fire, dangerous tasks
Dislikes: Being treated like a child
Relationships: Partner with Lyle, friends with Rhys
Other: she relies on the help of her partner Lyle to stay out of trouble; Has congenial insensitivity to pain

Lyle Ottoson
Appearance: Silver hair and grey eyes; he wears a simple white T-shirt with long khaki pants
Personality: sharp, young know-it-all; regards himself as the most mature in his partnership with Tess; he can be a trickster, but is less so than Tess; when he doesn't know people, he is more mature than he is with people he knows
Dislikes: (??)
Relationships: Partner with Tess; friend of Rhys
Other: Adroit with pick-pocketing; Lyle keeps Tess in check, making sure they don't get in trouble; UPDATE a swordsman.

Rhys (???)
Appearance: Short brown hair; he has darker skin and coffee eyes; he wears a tank-top with khaki pants; he's a bit skinny, yet muscular
Personality: Kind and yet spontaneous (???)
Dislikes: (???)
Relationships: Friends with Tess and Lyle
Other: Is a skilled archer

Premise: Tess, Lyle, and Rhys are given a mission by Silver, Sylvia and Yin's friend. (That's all I got...)
button__by_kesminatorics-dcj2xl4.gif paperpony_world_tour_by_kiwicide_dciyigz.png
This is a running list of facts known about my stuff by TorisLaurinaitis' characters. Questions marks means the fact is uncertain (basically I'm saying it's an incomplete fact :P)

UnseenRangerGal's Character(s):
Name: Yin Yin
Personality: ???
Appearance: Chin-length red hair, average-ish height, muscular, wears too much leather, has a dragon tattoo.
Age: Looks about college age (is it disgusing makeup?), but is probably at least late 30s to early 40s?
Relationships: Boyfriend of Sylvia (?), friend of Silver
Dislikes: Boredom
Other: Looks pretty dangerous and intimidating overall, has a non-regulation motorcycle

Name: Sylvia Rose
Personality: Confident, dramatic
Appearance: Tall, long blonde hair, green eyes, loves all kind of dress clothing (expensive?)
Age: Looks about college age (is it disgusing makeup?), but is probably at least late 30s to early 40s?
Sexuality: Heterosexual (?)
Relationships: Girlfriend of Yin (?), friend of Silver
Dislikes: Condescension directed at her, being usurped
Other: Background unknown. Appears to come from a rich family? Very good at reading body language when it comes to lying. Is an archer.

Name: Silver ???
Personality: Eccentric (?), demanding (?), intelligent, cold and collected (?)
Appearance: Strict looking individual, a couple inches shorter than Sylvia, brown eyes
Relationships: Friend of Sylvia and Yin.
Dislikes: Exercise (?), reckless abandon
Other: The person who gives missions (?), has an eidetic memory, engineer (?)

SAGA-A boarding school of some kind? Old looking, very big, lots of children (mostly orphans)
This is a running list of facts known about my stuff by TorisLaurinaitis' characters. Questions marks means the fact is uncertain (basically I'm saying it's an incomplete fact :P)

UnseenRangerGal's Character(s):
Name: Yin Yin
Personality: ???
Appearance: Chin-length red hair, average-ish height, muscular, wears too much leather, has a dragon tattoo.
Relationships: Boyfriend of Sylvia (?), friend of Silver
Dislikes: Boredom
Other: Looks pretty dangerous and intimidating overall, has a non-regulation motorcycle

Name: Sylvia Rose
Personality: Confident, dramatic
Appearance: Tall, long blonde hair, green eyes, loves all kind of dress clothing (expensive?)
Sexuality: Heterosexual (?)
Relationships: Girlfriend of Yin (?), friend of Silver
Dislikes: Condescension directed at her, being usurped
Other: Background unknown. Appears to come from a rich family? Very good at reading body language when it comes to lying. Is an archer.

Name: Silver ???
Personality: Eccentric (?), demanding (?), intelligent, cold and collected (?)
Appearance: Strict looking individual, a couple inches shorter than Sylvia, brown eyes
Relationships: Friend of Sylvia and Yin.
Dislikes: Exercise (?), reckless abandon
Other: The person who gives missions (?), has an eidetic memory, engineer (?)

SAGA-A boarding school of some kind? Old looking, very big, lots of children (mostly orphans)
PMb4IFn.png
@TorisLaurinaitis
Sylvia was standing in the middle of a bustling square. Her long arms were folded neatly over her chest. She was starting to get impatient.

As people bustled about trying to get to their various destinations a few threw her some odd glances. She was standing in the middle of a very busy area with, or so it seemed, absolutely no intention to move. She appeared to simply expect others to move around her, and they did.

Where was that other person she was supposed to meet?

(Go ahead and just throw a premise out if you want :) I'll roll with it)
@TorisLaurinaitis
Sylvia was standing in the middle of a bustling square. Her long arms were folded neatly over her chest. She was starting to get impatient.

As people bustled about trying to get to their various destinations a few threw her some odd glances. She was standing in the middle of a very busy area with, or so it seemed, absolutely no intention to move. She appeared to simply expect others to move around her, and they did.

Where was that other person she was supposed to meet?

(Go ahead and just throw a premise out if you want :) I'll roll with it)
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal

"Well well well," Tess said as her partner turned the corner. "Look who pulled his weight this time." A smirk lit up her face as she eyed Lyle up and down.

"And what did you bring in again?" Lyle said as he pulled out wallets from his pocket. "Oh right, nothing." He looked at his partner with an unamused glare. "Aren't you supposed to meet someone?" He eyed a leathered wallet in his hand, turning it so the sun glinted off of its smooth surface.

Tess streatched her arms behind her back, leaning against a building wall. "Yeah, but how am I supposed to find anyone in the crowd?!" Her hand sweeped the sliver of the crowd that she saw from the allyway's entrance. "There are a thousand people out there and I'm supposed to find one? I don't even know what she looks like!"

Lyle, looking up from a wallet photo he was examining, replied, "At least go out there and look. Jeez, be grown up for once."

"Says the boy who is digging through other people's wallets."

Lyle shot his partner a glare in return.

"Fine," Tess said as she headed out into the crowd. She scanned the crowd, picking out a girl standing sturdily in the constant stream of people. Her arms were folded across her chest, and it were to seem that she were waiting for someone. Maybe... Nah, that can't be her.

Lyle read Tess's body language like a book, seeing the excitement building inside her. "Tess, no."

Tess replied with a large grin spread on her face, "Oh, Tess yes. She's asking to be pickpocketed anyways."

Tess wandered over to the stationary girl with a warm, but fake, smile. She greeted the girl with false innocence, looking around with a confused mask. "Hey, I'm looking for a certain building, and maybe you could help me?"
@UnseenRangerGal

"Well well well," Tess said as her partner turned the corner. "Look who pulled his weight this time." A smirk lit up her face as she eyed Lyle up and down.

"And what did you bring in again?" Lyle said as he pulled out wallets from his pocket. "Oh right, nothing." He looked at his partner with an unamused glare. "Aren't you supposed to meet someone?" He eyed a leathered wallet in his hand, turning it so the sun glinted off of its smooth surface.

Tess streatched her arms behind her back, leaning against a building wall. "Yeah, but how am I supposed to find anyone in the crowd?!" Her hand sweeped the sliver of the crowd that she saw from the allyway's entrance. "There are a thousand people out there and I'm supposed to find one? I don't even know what she looks like!"

Lyle, looking up from a wallet photo he was examining, replied, "At least go out there and look. Jeez, be grown up for once."

"Says the boy who is digging through other people's wallets."

Lyle shot his partner a glare in return.

"Fine," Tess said as she headed out into the crowd. She scanned the crowd, picking out a girl standing sturdily in the constant stream of people. Her arms were folded across her chest, and it were to seem that she were waiting for someone. Maybe... Nah, that can't be her.

Lyle read Tess's body language like a book, seeing the excitement building inside her. "Tess, no."

Tess replied with a large grin spread on her face, "Oh, Tess yes. She's asking to be pickpocketed anyways."

Tess wandered over to the stationary girl with a warm, but fake, smile. She greeted the girl with false innocence, looking around with a confused mask. "Hey, I'm looking for a certain building, and maybe you could help me?"
button__by_kesminatorics-dcj2xl4.gif paperpony_world_tour_by_kiwicide_dciyigz.png
@TorisLaurinaitis
Sylvia eyed the girl up and down. Considering her own garb, she had a good idea what the girl wanted. Okay, maybe she was making a couple assumptions, but she was more than a little irritated and as a skilled liar herself, she didn't appreciate a ruse as simple as this one being used on her.

"What do you want? Actually, before you answer that, keep your hands where I can see them and don't even think about coming any closer." Sylvia didn't even wait for a response before continuing "If you're not the person I've been waiting the last hour for, I'm not really all that interested. There are lots of people you could ask for directions."

Sylvia paused and whispered the next part a bit angrily "Or trick. I don't have anything on me except the papers I was supposed to give you anyway."

"Hey hey, calm down, don't be rude to the poor thing."

Sylvia's head snapped toward the approacher and immediately her demeanor changed. Her arms unfolded and went to her hips. Her stance eased up and a smile graced her face. "Yin, my-"

"Boyfriend."

"Boy...friend?" Sylvia's tone missed a little bit, but the rest of the crowd didn't notice. They didn't care. "Of course, hi sweetie. Why don't you meet my new... acquaintance?" Sylvia gestured at the girl she was just talking down to.
@TorisLaurinaitis
Sylvia eyed the girl up and down. Considering her own garb, she had a good idea what the girl wanted. Okay, maybe she was making a couple assumptions, but she was more than a little irritated and as a skilled liar herself, she didn't appreciate a ruse as simple as this one being used on her.

"What do you want? Actually, before you answer that, keep your hands where I can see them and don't even think about coming any closer." Sylvia didn't even wait for a response before continuing "If you're not the person I've been waiting the last hour for, I'm not really all that interested. There are lots of people you could ask for directions."

Sylvia paused and whispered the next part a bit angrily "Or trick. I don't have anything on me except the papers I was supposed to give you anyway."

"Hey hey, calm down, don't be rude to the poor thing."

Sylvia's head snapped toward the approacher and immediately her demeanor changed. Her arms unfolded and went to her hips. Her stance eased up and a smile graced her face. "Yin, my-"

"Boyfriend."

"Boy...friend?" Sylvia's tone missed a little bit, but the rest of the crowd didn't notice. They didn't care. "Of course, hi sweetie. Why don't you meet my new... acquaintance?" Sylvia gestured at the girl she was just talking down to.
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal
Tess stopped a few meters short, surprised that the girl had read her intentions and that she was the person she was supposed to meet. She glanced back and forth between the girl and her boyfriend, feeling the imbalance of power in the situation.

Feeling a bit intimidated, she put up her hands in surrender and laughed a bit. "Okay, okay, you got me." She slipped her hand into a stranger's pocket, putting her finds into her own. "I didn't think you would be the person who was --"

"She's sorry for making you wait," Lyle said, silently coming up besides Tess. "And thank you for bringing the papers. I'm Lyle. And this is --"

"I can introduce myself, thank you very much." Tess, looked at her partner and scoffs. "I'm Tess."

"Well, it seems like you can't apologize or say thank you for yourself, so I assumed I'd need to introduce you too."

Tess looked off to the side, rolling her eyes. "Okay, so the papers." Tess took a step forwards and extended her palm. "I'll take them now and then we'll leave."

Lyle shot his partner a glare. "You're so immature." He turned to the couple and gives a feign smile. "You probably know what it's about, too. Why don't we talk? Here, let's get out of the crowd." He turned, heading back into the allyway, and Tess followed his lead.
@UnseenRangerGal
Tess stopped a few meters short, surprised that the girl had read her intentions and that she was the person she was supposed to meet. She glanced back and forth between the girl and her boyfriend, feeling the imbalance of power in the situation.

Feeling a bit intimidated, she put up her hands in surrender and laughed a bit. "Okay, okay, you got me." She slipped her hand into a stranger's pocket, putting her finds into her own. "I didn't think you would be the person who was --"

"She's sorry for making you wait," Lyle said, silently coming up besides Tess. "And thank you for bringing the papers. I'm Lyle. And this is --"

"I can introduce myself, thank you very much." Tess, looked at her partner and scoffs. "I'm Tess."

"Well, it seems like you can't apologize or say thank you for yourself, so I assumed I'd need to introduce you too."

Tess looked off to the side, rolling her eyes. "Okay, so the papers." Tess took a step forwards and extended her palm. "I'll take them now and then we'll leave."

Lyle shot his partner a glare. "You're so immature." He turned to the couple and gives a feign smile. "You probably know what it's about, too. Why don't we talk? Here, let's get out of the crowd." He turned, heading back into the allyway, and Tess followed his lead.
@TorisLaurinaitis (I've updated my character info. It's gonna track known info now only :P)

Sylvia calmed down a little. At least the girl seemed smart and, to be perfectly honest, kind of cute. What? She had a weakness for cute girls.. and boys. Those two didn't need to know that though. Wait, would that be legal? Irrelevant, she was Yin's girlfriend for now.

Sylvia wasn't quite sure how to read Lyle and that bothered her a bit, but with Yin on the scene (should probably thank Silver for that one) she doubted anything could go terribly wrong. Unless.... hopefully Yin wouldn't make anything worse.

"Well come on, babe, let's go. Don't want to keep the two of them waiting."

"Okay, but listen there's a coffee shop like 2 blocks from here, why can't we talk there?"

"Sylvia, your coffee addiction is disturbing."

"Whose fault is it that we ran out this morning?!"

Yin rolled their eyes and followed after the other two. Sylvia was a bit miffed at being brushed off, but between her long legs and the six inch heels she had no problem keeping up. Normally she was the one setting the killer pace. Also, why couldn't they go to that coffee shop???

In order to distract herself, Sylvia caught up with Tess and asked her something she was curious about "What were you going to do with that asking for directions scene back there? Trip and catch my dress? Hug of gratitude? Just stand close enough and hope I wasn't freaked out? I'm dying to know. Also, sorry I was a bit snappy earlier. Someone forgot to buy coffee and I generally dislike being looked down upon."

Meanwhile, Yin leveled at Lyle's side. Yin wasn't as much of a talker, so they put their hands in their pockets and just worked to keep up.

(LOL I THINK VERY MUCH IN HEIGHT DIFFERENCES I NEED SOME HELP HERE MY FRIEND)
@TorisLaurinaitis (I've updated my character info. It's gonna track known info now only :P)

Sylvia calmed down a little. At least the girl seemed smart and, to be perfectly honest, kind of cute. What? She had a weakness for cute girls.. and boys. Those two didn't need to know that though. Wait, would that be legal? Irrelevant, she was Yin's girlfriend for now.

Sylvia wasn't quite sure how to read Lyle and that bothered her a bit, but with Yin on the scene (should probably thank Silver for that one) she doubted anything could go terribly wrong. Unless.... hopefully Yin wouldn't make anything worse.

"Well come on, babe, let's go. Don't want to keep the two of them waiting."

"Okay, but listen there's a coffee shop like 2 blocks from here, why can't we talk there?"

"Sylvia, your coffee addiction is disturbing."

"Whose fault is it that we ran out this morning?!"

Yin rolled their eyes and followed after the other two. Sylvia was a bit miffed at being brushed off, but between her long legs and the six inch heels she had no problem keeping up. Normally she was the one setting the killer pace. Also, why couldn't they go to that coffee shop???

In order to distract herself, Sylvia caught up with Tess and asked her something she was curious about "What were you going to do with that asking for directions scene back there? Trip and catch my dress? Hug of gratitude? Just stand close enough and hope I wasn't freaked out? I'm dying to know. Also, sorry I was a bit snappy earlier. Someone forgot to buy coffee and I generally dislike being looked down upon."

Meanwhile, Yin leveled at Lyle's side. Yin wasn't as much of a talker, so they put their hands in their pockets and just worked to keep up.

(LOL I THINK VERY MUCH IN HEIGHT DIFFERENCES I NEED SOME HELP HERE MY FRIEND)
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal (Oh, okay, sounds good! I'll do the same :))

Tess brushed the side of a building, building dust on the tips of her fingers. She looked at her side, and saw that Sylvia had come up along her side. "I mean, I could have done a lot of things. My main plan with that was maybe brush past you as I walked in the direction you were pointing in." She let out a sigh. "I've done that one with many people, and I'll say you're the first to catch me in the act." She glanced at Sylvia. "Don't worry about earlier. I've had worse, I'll say. I'm sorry I made you wait all that time."

While Tess was chatting with her new acquaintance, Lyle gave Yin a glance a few times. Lyle will admit he was a bit intimidated, but he kept himself composed. Lyle walked briskly and then stopped in the middle of the ally.

"So, the papers," Lyle said turning to face the group. "Should we take a look?"
@UnseenRangerGal (Oh, okay, sounds good! I'll do the same :))

Tess brushed the side of a building, building dust on the tips of her fingers. She looked at her side, and saw that Sylvia had come up along her side. "I mean, I could have done a lot of things. My main plan with that was maybe brush past you as I walked in the direction you were pointing in." She let out a sigh. "I've done that one with many people, and I'll say you're the first to catch me in the act." She glanced at Sylvia. "Don't worry about earlier. I've had worse, I'll say. I'm sorry I made you wait all that time."

While Tess was chatting with her new acquaintance, Lyle gave Yin a glance a few times. Lyle will admit he was a bit intimidated, but he kept himself composed. Lyle walked briskly and then stopped in the middle of the ally.

"So, the papers," Lyle said turning to face the group. "Should we take a look?"
@TorisLaurinaitis

"I already have a pretty good idea of what it is," Sylvia said smoothly as she deftly took the papers from the envelope and handed them over to Lyle.

"Sure, because it is our friend that assigned this mission," Yin retorted with a snort.

"Shut up, no one likes you anyway." Sylvia eyes flicked to look at Lyle and Tess' reaction when she realized what she said "Except me of course. Aren't you so lucky I'm with you?" Sylvia batted her eyelashes as convincingly as possible without going over the top. Hopefully they'd just take this as playful couple banter.

Yin raised an eyebrow and turned to Lyle. "I hope this mission isn't too illegal this time."

"You're the one who does illegal things. Silver does things that are questionable at worst... although I'm sure she's been tempted a few times."

"Well then, I change my wish. I hope this mission isn't too boring this time."

"... This isn't even a mission for us. We were just supposed to give the kids the papers."

"What? Ah, hell. Why am I even here?" Yin grumbled to himself and appeared slightly sulky. He looked away from the group.

Sylvia's eyes locked onto Lyle's. "Well, go ahead and read it I suppose. I think it's something about about gathering intel? Not sure on the details. The way Silver writes is... interesting. Just let us know if there's anything that doesn't make sense. I've had to read more than a couple of these debriefs from hers." Did Sylvia visibly wince?

(mission time~~~ you don't have to come up with the exact stuff if you don't want. Just kind of make it a skim if you have to :P I just have no idea exactly what the mission is....)
@TorisLaurinaitis

"I already have a pretty good idea of what it is," Sylvia said smoothly as she deftly took the papers from the envelope and handed them over to Lyle.

"Sure, because it is our friend that assigned this mission," Yin retorted with a snort.

"Shut up, no one likes you anyway." Sylvia eyes flicked to look at Lyle and Tess' reaction when she realized what she said "Except me of course. Aren't you so lucky I'm with you?" Sylvia batted her eyelashes as convincingly as possible without going over the top. Hopefully they'd just take this as playful couple banter.

Yin raised an eyebrow and turned to Lyle. "I hope this mission isn't too illegal this time."

"You're the one who does illegal things. Silver does things that are questionable at worst... although I'm sure she's been tempted a few times."

"Well then, I change my wish. I hope this mission isn't too boring this time."

"... This isn't even a mission for us. We were just supposed to give the kids the papers."

"What? Ah, hell. Why am I even here?" Yin grumbled to himself and appeared slightly sulky. He looked away from the group.

Sylvia's eyes locked onto Lyle's. "Well, go ahead and read it I suppose. I think it's something about about gathering intel? Not sure on the details. The way Silver writes is... interesting. Just let us know if there's anything that doesn't make sense. I've had to read more than a couple of these debriefs from hers." Did Sylvia visibly wince?

(mission time~~~ you don't have to come up with the exact stuff if you don't want. Just kind of make it a skim if you have to :P I just have no idea exactly what the mission is....)
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal (Sounds good :))

Tess opened the envelope, handing the important papers to Lyle. She took out her lighter and lit the corner of the envelope. The flames glinted off her eyes as they crept towards her hand.

Lyle skimmed the paper, reading the description thoroughly. He glanced at Tess, watching her attention be engulfed by the flame. The flame danced in her palm, burning her as the flames licked her skin. She sat there, letting the flames burn her as if it had no effect on her whatsoever. "Stop that! You're burning yourself!" Lyle said as he slapped the burning paper out of her hands. She watched the ashen envelope flutter to the ground, crestfallen.

"Aw, but it was so pretty!" Tess whined, as if she were 12 years old. "If I can't feel it it can't be that bad, right?"

Lyle glared at her. "That's not how it works. But here, look at this." Lyle handed his partner the papers. "So gathering intel, huh? It doesn't sound too bad."

"And what's in it for us?" Tess said.

Ignoring Tess, Lyle continued, gazing at the floor. "It seems do-able... But the two of us couldn't pull it off. We'd need more people, at least two more. I'm sorry we can't be any help."

Tess stares at her partner wide-eyed. "What?! You're going to drop it like that?!"

Lyle shrugs. "Yeah, we can't help them with just the two of us."
@UnseenRangerGal (Sounds good :))

Tess opened the envelope, handing the important papers to Lyle. She took out her lighter and lit the corner of the envelope. The flames glinted off her eyes as they crept towards her hand.

Lyle skimmed the paper, reading the description thoroughly. He glanced at Tess, watching her attention be engulfed by the flame. The flame danced in her palm, burning her as the flames licked her skin. She sat there, letting the flames burn her as if it had no effect on her whatsoever. "Stop that! You're burning yourself!" Lyle said as he slapped the burning paper out of her hands. She watched the ashen envelope flutter to the ground, crestfallen.

"Aw, but it was so pretty!" Tess whined, as if she were 12 years old. "If I can't feel it it can't be that bad, right?"

Lyle glared at her. "That's not how it works. But here, look at this." Lyle handed his partner the papers. "So gathering intel, huh? It doesn't sound too bad."

"And what's in it for us?" Tess said.

Ignoring Tess, Lyle continued, gazing at the floor. "It seems do-able... But the two of us couldn't pull it off. We'd need more people, at least two more. I'm sorry we can't be any help."

Tess stares at her partner wide-eyed. "What?! You're going to drop it like that?!"

Lyle shrugs. "Yeah, we can't help them with just the two of us."
1 2 3