Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | OC Role Play [PRIVATE] W/UnseenRangerGal
1 2 3
@TorisLaurinaitis (What is your policy on lots of OCs in an RP? I tend to like playing around with a lot... so..... Idk, maybe we'll eventually end up switching storylines. If not, I'll try to tone it down, wouldn't want to just throw characters at you. Let's just see how long this one goes I suppose :P)

Yin turned back to look at Tess when they heard the sound of burning paper. Their eyes widened a bit in surprise and then settled into a sort of amused calm. They liked this kid. Reminded them a lot of themself.

Sylvia looked over at Yin. "Silver isn't going to be happy if she hears about this."

Yin shrugged. "So, what ya what me to do about it?"

"But-"

"Tough. I really don't care," Yin huffed and turned to leave.

Sylvia's eyes glittered with anger. She rarely felt she had to deal with this much annoyance from Yin and she was getting tired of it. She said something under her breathe that Tess and Lyle couldn't hear, but Yin certainly did. They stopped in their tracks and came back.

"Fine, I'm sure we could provide whatever help you guys need to do this." Yin couldn't help throwing a barb in there "But you know Silver rarely underestimates a situation so severely. Perhaps she's simply overestimated you two."

"What sh-"

"AHEM"

"He means is we normally do these things ourselves, but Silver deemed it an unnecessary use of our time. Don't take it personally that we'd throw such a job on you. It's just.... we're pretty sure we're old enough to be your parents."

"Boom, seniority." Yin made an odd gesture with their hand meant to represent a firework or something if the gathered had to guess. No one mentioned it.

"As for what's in it for you. We have money... but I have a feeling you'd be interested in something a little more... fun."

"Ye, Tess over there looks like she knows how to have a good time."

Sylvia ignored the interjection. "Of course, you can take the money if you want, but we should discuss this after the job is done, which shouldn't take too long between four of us. What say you?"

Yin added, "If it's yes, we should probably see the debrief as well."
@TorisLaurinaitis (What is your policy on lots of OCs in an RP? I tend to like playing around with a lot... so..... Idk, maybe we'll eventually end up switching storylines. If not, I'll try to tone it down, wouldn't want to just throw characters at you. Let's just see how long this one goes I suppose :P)

Yin turned back to look at Tess when they heard the sound of burning paper. Their eyes widened a bit in surprise and then settled into a sort of amused calm. They liked this kid. Reminded them a lot of themself.

Sylvia looked over at Yin. "Silver isn't going to be happy if she hears about this."

Yin shrugged. "So, what ya what me to do about it?"

"But-"

"Tough. I really don't care," Yin huffed and turned to leave.

Sylvia's eyes glittered with anger. She rarely felt she had to deal with this much annoyance from Yin and she was getting tired of it. She said something under her breathe that Tess and Lyle couldn't hear, but Yin certainly did. They stopped in their tracks and came back.

"Fine, I'm sure we could provide whatever help you guys need to do this." Yin couldn't help throwing a barb in there "But you know Silver rarely underestimates a situation so severely. Perhaps she's simply overestimated you two."

"What sh-"

"AHEM"

"He means is we normally do these things ourselves, but Silver deemed it an unnecessary use of our time. Don't take it personally that we'd throw such a job on you. It's just.... we're pretty sure we're old enough to be your parents."

"Boom, seniority." Yin made an odd gesture with their hand meant to represent a firework or something if the gathered had to guess. No one mentioned it.

"As for what's in it for you. We have money... but I have a feeling you'd be interested in something a little more... fun."

"Ye, Tess over there looks like she knows how to have a good time."

Sylvia ignored the interjection. "Of course, you can take the money if you want, but we should discuss this after the job is done, which shouldn't take too long between four of us. What say you?"

Yin added, "If it's yes, we should probably see the debrief as well."
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal (Sure! I may add a few myself, but I'm not sure. It seems to be going well! I'm interested where this takes us :))

Tess stares at her burnt hands with curiosity. Her eyes snap up and she eyes the couple with excitement. "More ... fun...?" Tess asked with a grin slowly spreading across her face. "Of course I know how to have a good time!"

Lyle sighed and muttered something inaudible under his breath.

Lyle and Tess exchange glances. Something must have been silently communicated between the two, because Lyle looked back at Sylvia and shrugged. "Okay, fine. But I assure you that we will meet expectations. We're a pretty compatable team," he glanced at Tess picking at her blistered skin like a child and added, "most times."

Lyle handed the couple the papers, then slapped Tess's hands. "Stop picking at yourself! You've hurt yourself enough by burning your hand."

"Like you care," Tess pouted, putting her hands in her pockets.

Ignoring Tess, Lyle turned back to Sylvia. "Okay, so should we make a plan?"

Tess took a step forwards before anyone could answer. "Wait, no one's explained who this Silver is. All we know is that she gave us the mission, but nothing more. Anyone care to explain?"

Lyle folded his arms across his chest and heaved a sigh. "She has a point..."
@UnseenRangerGal (Sure! I may add a few myself, but I'm not sure. It seems to be going well! I'm interested where this takes us :))

Tess stares at her burnt hands with curiosity. Her eyes snap up and she eyes the couple with excitement. "More ... fun...?" Tess asked with a grin slowly spreading across her face. "Of course I know how to have a good time!"

Lyle sighed and muttered something inaudible under his breath.

Lyle and Tess exchange glances. Something must have been silently communicated between the two, because Lyle looked back at Sylvia and shrugged. "Okay, fine. But I assure you that we will meet expectations. We're a pretty compatable team," he glanced at Tess picking at her blistered skin like a child and added, "most times."

Lyle handed the couple the papers, then slapped Tess's hands. "Stop picking at yourself! You've hurt yourself enough by burning your hand."

"Like you care," Tess pouted, putting her hands in her pockets.

Ignoring Tess, Lyle turned back to Sylvia. "Okay, so should we make a plan?"

Tess took a step forwards before anyone could answer. "Wait, no one's explained who this Silver is. All we know is that she gave us the mission, but nothing more. Anyone care to explain?"

Lyle folded his arms across his chest and heaved a sigh. "She has a point..."
button__by_kesminatorics-dcj2xl4.gif paperpony_world_tour_by_kiwicide_dciyigz.png
@TorisLaurinaitis

Sylvia hesitated a little bit. "Well, I guess the best way to describe to describe her is the tactician of our little group." She looked to Yin for a cue of some kind, but Yin wasn't paying attention again. "Between her eidetic memory and superb logic skills it only makes sense. She just... doesn't like doing footwork herself when building her data bases."

"Ye, would explain why she teaches a whole class on how to do it 'properly' herself." Once again, Yin turned back around to put in her two cents.

"Listen, we could just go meet her if you'd like. My car isn't far from here... and neither is the coffee shop," Sylvia whispered that last part to herself mostly.

"And my motorcycle, which we all know is far more exciting, is just across the square."

"Did you bring a second helmet?"

"I didn't even bring a first."

"Where did you lock up the motorcycle?"

"I didn't. If some," Yin was clearly trying not to swear, "stole it, then they've got another thing coming." There was no doubt in Sylvia's mind that was no idle threat. She'd been on the unfortunate end of many of Yin's impulsive, but very real threats.

"Okay, your choice I guess." Sylvia shrugged. "We have to check in with her anyway, so if you want to come along you have a choice: the non-road abiding motorcycle wreck waiting to happen or a completely safe but efficient ride in my car."
@TorisLaurinaitis

Sylvia hesitated a little bit. "Well, I guess the best way to describe to describe her is the tactician of our little group." She looked to Yin for a cue of some kind, but Yin wasn't paying attention again. "Between her eidetic memory and superb logic skills it only makes sense. She just... doesn't like doing footwork herself when building her data bases."

"Ye, would explain why she teaches a whole class on how to do it 'properly' herself." Once again, Yin turned back around to put in her two cents.

"Listen, we could just go meet her if you'd like. My car isn't far from here... and neither is the coffee shop," Sylvia whispered that last part to herself mostly.

"And my motorcycle, which we all know is far more exciting, is just across the square."

"Did you bring a second helmet?"

"I didn't even bring a first."

"Where did you lock up the motorcycle?"

"I didn't. If some," Yin was clearly trying not to swear, "stole it, then they've got another thing coming." There was no doubt in Sylvia's mind that was no idle threat. She'd been on the unfortunate end of many of Yin's impulsive, but very real threats.

"Okay, your choice I guess." Sylvia shrugged. "We have to check in with her anyway, so if you want to come along you have a choice: the non-road abiding motorcycle wreck waiting to happen or a completely safe but efficient ride in my car."
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal (Is it okay if I add another OC?)

Tess beamed with excitement. "Motorcycle? I like motocycles." She flicked her lighter a few times, watching the spris fly from its mouth. "Only problem... I think you're talking about that coffee shop down the street, right? Yeah, my face isn't really welcome there."

Lyle looked at his partner skeptically. "What do you mean?"

"Rhys and I... Well, it's a long story." Tess put her lighter away and adjusted her bandages with a nervous laugh.

"Okay, well, I'd prefer the car, if you have room for two more people. We were waiting on a friend, who is very late. He can ride with us."

Sirens wail down the street, and Lyle and Tess snap their attention to the mouth of the allyway. A boy about the same age as Tess and Lyle runs into the ally, pressing flat against the wall. Police run by, missing the entrance to the ally, chasing after nobody now. The boy gasps for air, slumping on the wall. With his quiver slung around his back and bow in his hand, the allyway filled with the sound of his shaky breath and the arrows rattling. "I'm-- sorry-- I'm-- late," he said between gasps for air. "I-- had..." he waved to the mouth of the allyway.

"Perfect timing," Lyle said nonchalantly. "No worries, Rhys. We're glad you could make it."

Tess put her hand on her hip. "What was it this time?"

Rhys made his way over to the group and coughed. "Apparently you can't hunt in a crowded city. And you can't sell your game either." He smiled slyly, holding up a pigeon. "Oh well."

"That's the fifth time you've tried that," Tess said. "Laws don't change that fast."

"Says the con artist. Laws against cheating people don't change that fast, Tess." Rhys turned to Sylvia and Yin and extended a hand soaked in pigeon blood for a shake. "Hi, I'm Rhys."
@UnseenRangerGal (Is it okay if I add another OC?)

Tess beamed with excitement. "Motorcycle? I like motocycles." She flicked her lighter a few times, watching the spris fly from its mouth. "Only problem... I think you're talking about that coffee shop down the street, right? Yeah, my face isn't really welcome there."

Lyle looked at his partner skeptically. "What do you mean?"

"Rhys and I... Well, it's a long story." Tess put her lighter away and adjusted her bandages with a nervous laugh.

"Okay, well, I'd prefer the car, if you have room for two more people. We were waiting on a friend, who is very late. He can ride with us."

Sirens wail down the street, and Lyle and Tess snap their attention to the mouth of the allyway. A boy about the same age as Tess and Lyle runs into the ally, pressing flat against the wall. Police run by, missing the entrance to the ally, chasing after nobody now. The boy gasps for air, slumping on the wall. With his quiver slung around his back and bow in his hand, the allyway filled with the sound of his shaky breath and the arrows rattling. "I'm-- sorry-- I'm-- late," he said between gasps for air. "I-- had..." he waved to the mouth of the allyway.

"Perfect timing," Lyle said nonchalantly. "No worries, Rhys. We're glad you could make it."

Tess put her hand on her hip. "What was it this time?"

Rhys made his way over to the group and coughed. "Apparently you can't hunt in a crowded city. And you can't sell your game either." He smiled slyly, holding up a pigeon. "Oh well."

"That's the fifth time you've tried that," Tess said. "Laws don't change that fast."

"Says the con artist. Laws against cheating people don't change that fast, Tess." Rhys turned to Sylvia and Yin and extended a hand soaked in pigeon blood for a shake. "Hi, I'm Rhys."
button__by_kesminatorics-dcj2xl4.gif paperpony_world_tour_by_kiwicide_dciyigz.png
@TorisLaurinaitis

Sylvia looked questioningly at Rhys for a while then glanced at his blood soaked hand, probably trying to figure him out. Finally, she spoke, "Listen, I love archery, and by extension other archers, a good amount, but we were told we would be meeting with just two people. What's the big idea?" Sylvia was shaking her head as she said this, reluctant to just give in. She ignored the proffered hand, pretending she didn't see it.

"What, you're not going to shake hands? I thought you were the professional one," Yin snickered.

"I just got my nails done. I'm not messing it up for a handshake with a person who wasn't supposed to be here in the first place." Sylvia stopped for a minute and then smiled at Rhys "No offense taken I hope."

"Well then I'll do it for you." Yin firmly grasped the boy's hand and shook it once. "Nice to meet cha. I'm Yin. That over there is my partner Sylvia."

Sylvia muttered something about definitely needing to talk to Silver and then clapped her hands.

"Okay! Here's the deal. I'm getting coffee and no one is going to stop me, okay? Whoever wants to go with Yin on her death trap can go ahead, and whoever wants to go in the car can prepare to meet me there in 10 minutes. It's the silver colored convertible on 10th street. Alright? Alright." Sylvia finished her thought and promptly left.

Yin was practically cackling as they watched Sylvia stride off. "Oh, man, hiding that coffee this morning was totally worth it." They promptly whipped around to look Tess in the eye. "You're coming with me right, girlie? Just a heads up, Sylvia was right before; I don't exactly follow regulation roads... or speed limits." Yin's cocky grin was as inviting as it was worrying. They were clearly eager to show off their speed demon of a motorcycle.
@TorisLaurinaitis

Sylvia looked questioningly at Rhys for a while then glanced at his blood soaked hand, probably trying to figure him out. Finally, she spoke, "Listen, I love archery, and by extension other archers, a good amount, but we were told we would be meeting with just two people. What's the big idea?" Sylvia was shaking her head as she said this, reluctant to just give in. She ignored the proffered hand, pretending she didn't see it.

"What, you're not going to shake hands? I thought you were the professional one," Yin snickered.

"I just got my nails done. I'm not messing it up for a handshake with a person who wasn't supposed to be here in the first place." Sylvia stopped for a minute and then smiled at Rhys "No offense taken I hope."

"Well then I'll do it for you." Yin firmly grasped the boy's hand and shook it once. "Nice to meet cha. I'm Yin. That over there is my partner Sylvia."

Sylvia muttered something about definitely needing to talk to Silver and then clapped her hands.

"Okay! Here's the deal. I'm getting coffee and no one is going to stop me, okay? Whoever wants to go with Yin on her death trap can go ahead, and whoever wants to go in the car can prepare to meet me there in 10 minutes. It's the silver colored convertible on 10th street. Alright? Alright." Sylvia finished her thought and promptly left.

Yin was practically cackling as they watched Sylvia stride off. "Oh, man, hiding that coffee this morning was totally worth it." They promptly whipped around to look Tess in the eye. "You're coming with me right, girlie? Just a heads up, Sylvia was right before; I don't exactly follow regulation roads... or speed limits." Yin's cocky grin was as inviting as it was worrying. They were clearly eager to show off their speed demon of a motorcycle.
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal

Rhys smiled at Yin, appreciating his initiative. He looked at his hand disgustedly, realizing now that there was blood all over his hands. "Oh, I'm sorry about that." He wiped his hand on his shirt, only to smear a bloody hand print on it. "Oh, darn it," he muttered.

Tess snickers. "Very attractive Rhys. I hear it's the new style."

Rhys slaps a bloody hand on Tess's bandage, staining it red. "Looks good on you Tess. New style I hear?"

Tess fumes, holding herself back from saying something she'll regret later. She tries to rub the blood off, only to smear the blood even more and getting blood on her hand as well.

Rhys glared at his companion, obviously angry. "You didn't tell them I was coming?!" he said, his voice hinting a mixture of confusion and hurt.

"It was a last minute decision. I couldn't get the message out soon enough. I'm sorry." He turned to Yin with an apologetic look. "I hope it's okay if we add an extra member. I should have told you earlier. I just informed Rhys today."

Ignoring the two boys, Tess turned to Yin with excitement, her mouth curved to a wide smile. She almost looked like a child who was just about to go to an amusement park. "I love a little bit of danger! That's what my life has been all about. I'm ready!"

Deep down, Tess was a little scared; she didn't know what to expect. But hey, she can't feel pain anyways, and she wasn't about to show her intimidation to Yin anyways.
@UnseenRangerGal

Rhys smiled at Yin, appreciating his initiative. He looked at his hand disgustedly, realizing now that there was blood all over his hands. "Oh, I'm sorry about that." He wiped his hand on his shirt, only to smear a bloody hand print on it. "Oh, darn it," he muttered.

Tess snickers. "Very attractive Rhys. I hear it's the new style."

Rhys slaps a bloody hand on Tess's bandage, staining it red. "Looks good on you Tess. New style I hear?"

Tess fumes, holding herself back from saying something she'll regret later. She tries to rub the blood off, only to smear the blood even more and getting blood on her hand as well.

Rhys glared at his companion, obviously angry. "You didn't tell them I was coming?!" he said, his voice hinting a mixture of confusion and hurt.

"It was a last minute decision. I couldn't get the message out soon enough. I'm sorry." He turned to Yin with an apologetic look. "I hope it's okay if we add an extra member. I should have told you earlier. I just informed Rhys today."

Ignoring the two boys, Tess turned to Yin with excitement, her mouth curved to a wide smile. She almost looked like a child who was just about to go to an amusement park. "I love a little bit of danger! That's what my life has been all about. I'm ready!"

Deep down, Tess was a little scared; she didn't know what to expect. But hey, she can't feel pain anyways, and she wasn't about to show her intimidation to Yin anyways.
@TorisLaurinaitis

Yin's grin widened. "You know what I'm about. I have a feeling we're going to get along famously. Now let's go. I've got a backseat with your name on it." Yin excitedly reached out toward Tess' hand then stopped. "You're not weird about strangers dragging you around by the hand, right?"

Before Tess answered, Yin said to the boys, "Oh, and you two should probably get moving. Sylvia's a pretty efficient person, so she won't actually take that long to buy coffee. Plus, we're already more than an hour behind schedule. Silver didn't send me out for no reason after all; she might have been a little worried. Don't tell her I told you guys that though."

I guess that meant Rhys could go?
@TorisLaurinaitis

Yin's grin widened. "You know what I'm about. I have a feeling we're going to get along famously. Now let's go. I've got a backseat with your name on it." Yin excitedly reached out toward Tess' hand then stopped. "You're not weird about strangers dragging you around by the hand, right?"

Before Tess answered, Yin said to the boys, "Oh, and you two should probably get moving. Sylvia's a pretty efficient person, so she won't actually take that long to buy coffee. Plus, we're already more than an hour behind schedule. Silver didn't send me out for no reason after all; she might have been a little worried. Don't tell her I told you guys that though."

I guess that meant Rhys could go?
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal

Lyle started down the ally a bit rushed and worried. He picked up his swords that were leaing against a dumpster on his way out; he had one rapier and one looked like an arming sword. He slung this arming sword on his back and clipped the rapier on his belt and continued down the ally, stopping at the mouth. "You coming, Rhys?" Lyle didn't want to miss his ride, and he wasn't planning to ride on the death-trap.

Rhys walked ran down the ally to his friend. The two rounded the corner, immersing themselves into the sea of people. They gazed around, bobing and weaving in the crowds. Lyle probably slipped his hand into too many oblivious pockets. Rhys searched for a silver convertable, ignoring the stares he recieved for the bow and quiver slung on his back. Finally, they found the car, shining in the rays of the sun.

Meanwhile, Tess could hardly contain her excitement. "Nope, not at all. I'm ready!"
@UnseenRangerGal

Lyle started down the ally a bit rushed and worried. He picked up his swords that were leaing against a dumpster on his way out; he had one rapier and one looked like an arming sword. He slung this arming sword on his back and clipped the rapier on his belt and continued down the ally, stopping at the mouth. "You coming, Rhys?" Lyle didn't want to miss his ride, and he wasn't planning to ride on the death-trap.

Rhys walked ran down the ally to his friend. The two rounded the corner, immersing themselves into the sea of people. They gazed around, bobing and weaving in the crowds. Lyle probably slipped his hand into too many oblivious pockets. Rhys searched for a silver convertable, ignoring the stares he recieved for the bow and quiver slung on his back. Finally, they found the car, shining in the rays of the sun.

Meanwhile, Tess could hardly contain her excitement. "Nope, not at all. I'm ready!"
@TorisLaurinaitis

Sylvia was already waiting there with her coffee. She was leaned against the driver side door, twirling the keys around her finger, and staring into the sky. When she noticed Lyle and Rhys' approach she quickly finished her black coffee and tossed the cup in a nearby trash can. She reached out and opened the backseat door.

"After you." Sylvia made a theatrical gesture at the back seats. She seemed in a much better mood despite what must have been scalding hot and bitter black coffee... or maybe because of it? "Unless one of you wants to sit up front with me." She winked in a way that could have been interpreted as flirtatious, but was more than likely just a friendly jibe.

Meanwhile, Yin grips Tess' hand tightly and takes off in a dash across the crowded square. They easily part the crowd and in what only seemed like a few short seconds they arrive in front of a glittering red motorcycle. It doesn't look like a name-brand or regulation motorcycle. Homemade? Didn't matter. It was fast.

Yin straddles the motorcycle and pats the seat behind her. "Well, hop on. I think we can definitely beat them back if I take the right... how should I put this? Shortcuts."
@TorisLaurinaitis

Sylvia was already waiting there with her coffee. She was leaned against the driver side door, twirling the keys around her finger, and staring into the sky. When she noticed Lyle and Rhys' approach she quickly finished her black coffee and tossed the cup in a nearby trash can. She reached out and opened the backseat door.

"After you." Sylvia made a theatrical gesture at the back seats. She seemed in a much better mood despite what must have been scalding hot and bitter black coffee... or maybe because of it? "Unless one of you wants to sit up front with me." She winked in a way that could have been interpreted as flirtatious, but was more than likely just a friendly jibe.

Meanwhile, Yin grips Tess' hand tightly and takes off in a dash across the crowded square. They easily part the crowd and in what only seemed like a few short seconds they arrive in front of a glittering red motorcycle. It doesn't look like a name-brand or regulation motorcycle. Homemade? Didn't matter. It was fast.

Yin straddles the motorcycle and pats the seat behind her. "Well, hop on. I think we can definitely beat them back if I take the right... how should I put this? Shortcuts."
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal

Lyle took a seat in the back, expecting Rhys to take the one next to him. But Rhys decided that he would prefer the front seat, where he didn't usually sit.

Rhys examined the car, looking carefully at all the features. "Woah," he mouthed silently. The car was beautiful, nothing like he's ever been in. But then again, he hasn't been in many cars besides his old station wagon and his father's run-down truck; he hasn't seen him for years. Rhys set his quiver and bow in front of him, plucking the bowstring lightly.

"So where exactly are we going?" Lyle asked, leaning forwards a bit.

Back in the alleyway, Tess was a bit surprised at the strength and speed of Yin as she was dragged across the square. Once she saw the motorcycle, she finally saw what he was talking about. How did he get his hands on this motorcycle? It isn't any model she's seen. Oh well.

She jumped on to the seat. How fast does it go? She shrugged, hoping to find out on the ride. She hasn't really ridden a motorcycle before; twice actually, but that was a long time ago. "So, um, do I like hold onto the seat, or do I wrap my hands around your waist? How do I make sure I don't fly off this thing?"
@UnseenRangerGal

Lyle took a seat in the back, expecting Rhys to take the one next to him. But Rhys decided that he would prefer the front seat, where he didn't usually sit.

Rhys examined the car, looking carefully at all the features. "Woah," he mouthed silently. The car was beautiful, nothing like he's ever been in. But then again, he hasn't been in many cars besides his old station wagon and his father's run-down truck; he hasn't seen him for years. Rhys set his quiver and bow in front of him, plucking the bowstring lightly.

"So where exactly are we going?" Lyle asked, leaning forwards a bit.

Back in the alleyway, Tess was a bit surprised at the strength and speed of Yin as she was dragged across the square. Once she saw the motorcycle, she finally saw what he was talking about. How did he get his hands on this motorcycle? It isn't any model she's seen. Oh well.

She jumped on to the seat. How fast does it go? She shrugged, hoping to find out on the ride. She hasn't really ridden a motorcycle before; twice actually, but that was a long time ago. "So, um, do I like hold onto the seat, or do I wrap my hands around your waist? How do I make sure I don't fly off this thing?"
1 2 3