Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Mordramological Society [Open]
1 2
[b][i]Willkommen. Bienvenue. Welcome.[/i][/b] [i] You may have heard word of a most terrible affliction, the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1621275]Mordramia Disease[/url]. That which can strike all dragons, from hatchlings to elders, and make cruel mockery of death and life. There is no known cure, there is hardly a way to alleviate life for those suffering from it, and even when the sufferers eventually succumb, they get no rest. The Mordramological Society aims to be a force for change in these matters, currently a spearhead for the research of the condition and for the recording of its spread and pathology.[/i] [img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/b8625ac1c28cf0afb5c4e72af3ba7dfc/tumblr_nszns1wQge1tyheh3o1_1280.png[/img] [i]Above: Our current Head Archivist at work.[/i] [b] [OOC] [/b] This here is a hub thread for all workings and correspondence within the Modramological Society, an offshoot of the Mordramia Breeding Association and its lore of 'Mordraus', dragons that suffer from a particular disease that leaves them vampires. Much more information can be found in the association page linked above, as this thread will focus on the Mord. Soc., their purpose and their interactions. Organization I. Introduction - You are here II. The Disease III. The Society IV. Archival Work V. Pinglist & Assorted Business

Willkommen. Bienvenue. Welcome.

You may have heard word of a most terrible affliction, the Mordramia Disease. That which can strike all dragons, from hatchlings to elders, and make cruel mockery of death and life. There is no known cure, there is hardly a way to alleviate life for those suffering from it, and even when the sufferers eventually succumb, they get no rest. The Mordramological Society aims to be a force for change in these matters, currently a spearhead for the research of the condition and for the recording of its spread and pathology.

tumblr_nszns1wQge1tyheh3o1_1280.png

Above: Our current Head Archivist at work.

[OOC]

This here is a hub thread for all workings and correspondence within the Modramological Society, an offshoot of the Mordramia Breeding Association and its lore of 'Mordraus', dragons that suffer from a particular disease that leaves them vampires. Much more information can be found in the association page linked above, as this thread will focus on the Mord. Soc., their purpose and their interactions.

Organization
I. Introduction - You are here
II. The Disease
III. The Society
IV. Archival Work
V. Pinglist & Assorted Business
PoMXwvX.pngTn4TEAZ.png
[center][size=5][b]The Disease[/b][/size] [/center] [columns][i]It is happened but few days after we had left her in what we had hoped would be her final peace. We have been wrong. So horribly, horribly wrong.. The curious and horrific disease which had afflicted her so suddenly, which had even changed the pigment of her scales so dramatically, it was nothing compared to what has met us tonight in her tomb. A foul creature, neither living nor dead, rose to meet us at the entrance. She called out to her mate, who was still with us then, but though her voice was but the sweetest one could her, her entire being was repulsive. This is not life, no, neither is it death. We managed to escape today. Tomorrow we return to end it all.[/i][nextcol][right] [img]http://45.media.tumblr.com/9f5b29460c493baf53ca8aebae517a0c/tumblr_nzxra7gJff1tyheh3o1_400.gif[/img] - Excerpt from the Phonograph diary of Head Archivist Helsing. [/columns] The disease of Mordramia is highly virulent and adaptable. It strikes quick and without mercy, though all research so far seems that it is tied to the blood of contaminated individuals. With proper care for a patient, it can take long for them to succumb and they may lead a very regular life, but once a dragon has been contaminated, upon their death, without fail, a horrid abomination wrought by the disease will rise. The disease seems to have mutated into various specific strains of which there are specific characteristics and weaknesses, but all strains of Mordramia share the method of spread and suffering. [center] [img]http://49.media.tumblr.com/26e01f498f3027e1dea6091d3a78a5d6/tumblr_nzxra7gJff1tyheh3o2_r1_500.gif[/img] [i]Fig 1. A typical Specimen of 'complete' Mordramia, oft called a 'leech'. The host dragon is dead and merely poses as a mimicry of proper life.[/i] [s]Typo to be rectified.[/s][/center] Other shared characteristics are an excessive strength, extensively (most likely exclusively) feeding on blood, and regular patterns of speech and cognition. After the death of the host and victim, the leech can survive, if fed, for seemingly far longer than one would expect. It seems in this final stage of the disease, the corpse enters a constant state. When treating the disease, it is highly important that the patient is under [b]constant[/b] observation. One attempt at contamination can be fought, and the leeches know this, thus they have a tendency to return to the resting place of their victims as many times as they are able. Various mutations have various deterrents specific to them, but it seems that bright light, especially sunlight, deters most, if not all but the most strong, of leeches. It is important to note that while the disease can strike all species of dragon, it is most prolific in dragons of Nocturne. This may be because it goes easier undetected in a species which has a tendency towards being nocturnal, mimicry, and a hidden nature.
The Disease
It is happened but few days after we had left her in what we had hoped would be her final peace. We have been wrong. So horribly, horribly wrong.. The curious and horrific disease which had afflicted her so suddenly, which had even changed the pigment of her scales so dramatically, it was nothing compared to what has met us tonight in her tomb.

A foul creature, neither living nor dead, rose to meet us at the entrance. She called out to her mate, who was still with us then, but though her voice was but the sweetest one could her, her entire being was repulsive. This is not life, no, neither is it death. We managed to escape today. Tomorrow we return to end it all.

tumblr_nzxra7gJff1tyheh3o1_400.gif
- Excerpt from the Phonograph diary of Head Archivist Helsing.

The disease of Mordramia is highly virulent and adaptable. It strikes quick and without mercy, though all research so far seems that it is tied to the blood of contaminated individuals. With proper care for a patient, it can take long for them to succumb and they may lead a very regular life, but once a dragon has been contaminated, upon their death, without fail, a horrid abomination wrought by the disease will rise.

The disease seems to have mutated into various specific strains of which there are specific characteristics and weaknesses, but all strains of Mordramia share the method of spread and suffering.

tumblr_nzxra7gJff1tyheh3o2_r1_500.gif
Fig 1. A typical Specimen of 'complete' Mordramia, oft called a 'leech'. The host dragon is dead and merely poses as a mimicry of proper life. Typo to be rectified.

Other shared characteristics are an excessive strength, extensively (most likely exclusively) feeding on blood, and regular patterns of speech and cognition. After the death of the host and victim, the leech can survive, if fed, for seemingly far longer than one would expect. It seems in this final stage of the disease, the corpse enters a constant state.

When treating the disease, it is highly important that the patient is under constant observation. One attempt at contamination can be fought, and the leeches know this, thus they have a tendency to return to the resting place of their victims as many times as they are able. Various mutations have various deterrents specific to them, but it seems that bright light, especially sunlight, deters most, if not all but the most strong, of leeches.

It is important to note that while the disease can strike all species of dragon, it is most prolific in dragons of Nocturne. This may be because it goes easier undetected in a species which has a tendency towards being nocturnal, mimicry, and a hidden nature.

PoMXwvX.pngTn4TEAZ.png
[center] [img]http://36.media.tumblr.com/f8a6d1a0e98b35f76fbcbec3be3636c7/tumblr_nzxra7gJff1tyheh3o3_r2_500.png[/img][/center] Following the tragic rise of Mordramia, and the endless questions as more and more dragons saw their kin, their siblings, their friends, their children, turn into something horrific and barely understandable, current Head Archivist Helsing and a group of his associates, headed out to make the first steps towards understanding and effectively combating this disease. After failures, more was learned, and soon, his successes in both destroying leeches, and deterring the onset of the disease, provided others with motivation to band together under the same purpose: To end the suffering caused by Mordramia. Currently, the main archives as well as office of operations, is located in a well put-together building, laying both over- and underground in the Shifting Expanse. This building has become to be known as the 'roost', and it is from here the Society operates. It contains, apart from previously stated, various places of meeting and study and also controlled conditions to be used for situations where such may be necessary. The workings of the society is divided into rankings, but do not take this as a sign that we wish to keep secrets, or that a member of higher rank is of more 'worth' than one of lower! The system of ranking has been created mainly as a way for specialization within the Society, so that those whose minds yearn for the direct biological knowledge may not need worry about the extensive archival work and vise versa. A system of ranking also allows us to create a safe-guard against those who would rather our work not continue. Current ranks in the system [indent]- Member : No specialization, access to all talks, debates &etc within the Society, supervised access to archives - Archivist : Specialization towards the current documentation of spread, description and particulars of Mordramia strains, free access to archives in open hours unless previously agreed upon with the Head Archivist - Researcher : Specialization towards the ongoing work of describing Mordramia strains biologically and experiments in relation to this[/indent] The leadership of the Society is divided into two, the Head Archivist and the Head Researcher. All may refer to both with any pressing questions in either department. As a third 'branch' is the Administrative Head, who simply takes care of the matters of memberships and other matters not immediately relevant to the absolute cause of the Society. Currently, the Society also has means to support expeditions of research into areas of heavy infection. However, this is a highly risky affair and should only be attempted by those level-headed and experienced. Contact the Head Archivist, should you find yourself to be the dragon for help in this matter.
tumblr_nzxra7gJff1tyheh3o3_r2_500.png

Following the tragic rise of Mordramia, and the endless questions as more and more dragons saw their kin, their siblings, their friends, their children, turn into something horrific and barely understandable, current Head Archivist Helsing and a group of his associates, headed out to make the first steps towards understanding and effectively combating this disease. After failures, more was learned, and soon, his successes in both destroying leeches, and deterring the onset of the disease, provided others with motivation to band together under the same purpose: To end the suffering caused by Mordramia.

Currently, the main archives as well as office of operations, is located in a well put-together building, laying both over- and underground in the Shifting Expanse. This building has become to be known as the 'roost', and it is from here the Society operates. It contains, apart from previously stated, various places of meeting and study and also controlled conditions to be used for situations where such may be necessary.

The workings of the society is divided into rankings, but do not take this as a sign that we wish to keep secrets, or that a member of higher rank is of more 'worth' than one of lower! The system of ranking has been created mainly as a way for specialization within the Society, so that those whose minds yearn for the direct biological knowledge may not need worry about the extensive archival work and vise versa. A system of ranking also allows us to create a safe-guard against those who would rather our work not continue.

Current ranks in the system
- Member : No specialization, access to all talks, debates &etc within the Society, supervised access to archives
- Archivist : Specialization towards the current documentation of spread, description and particulars of Mordramia strains, free access to archives in open hours unless previously agreed upon with the Head Archivist
- Researcher : Specialization towards the ongoing work of describing Mordramia strains biologically and experiments in relation to this

The leadership of the Society is divided into two, the Head Archivist and the Head Researcher. All may refer to both with any pressing questions in either department. As a third 'branch' is the Administrative Head, who simply takes care of the matters of memberships and other matters not immediately relevant to the absolute cause of the Society.

Currently, the Society also has means to support expeditions of research into areas of heavy infection. However, this is a highly risky affair and should only be attempted by those level-headed and experienced. Contact the Head Archivist, should you find yourself to be the dragon for help in this matter.
PoMXwvX.pngTn4TEAZ.png
[center][size=6]Archival Work[/size][/center] [i] Premier in trying to combat this blight upon Sorneith, is describing it. What we do not know, we can hardly attempt to fight. It is the unknown which is frightening and disheartening, a good knowledge, ja, that gives us determination to strike back![/i] Currently the most important work goes in documenting the strains of mutation. This is done through the work of Helsing and his continued travels throughout Sorneith, detailed in this work, [img]http://i.imgur.com/9DzAZHE.png[/img] MUTATION FILES AVAILABLE: |[url=http://i.imgur.com/IJwr5k7.png]MAELI[/url]| Mutation archive pages will be updated periodically as more is discovered. [b] Have you something to report?[/b] Have you seen a particular specimen stalking around? Would you find it in the interest of the Society to have it recorded? The archives of specimen is being continuously updated, a running record of leeches. However, the printing press is not yet running, come back a bit later and we shall fix up a file for you. [OOC: You will be able to have a 'specimen file' made for your dragon, the template is complete, I merely need a bit more time..] [b]Are you one of us?[/b] If you are a member of the Society, or one who wishes to become one, it is a question of a small fee of 5 000 treasure and a letter requesting membership. As a proof of your membership, you shall receive a nice and shiny membership card, which can be used upon request to enter spaces held by the Society, including the Roost. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/I4OpENS.png[/img][/center]
Archival Work

Premier in trying to combat this blight upon Sorneith, is describing it. What we do not know, we can hardly attempt to fight. It is the unknown which is frightening and disheartening, a good knowledge, ja, that gives us determination to strike back!

Currently the most important work goes in documenting the strains of mutation. This is done through the work of Helsing and his continued travels throughout Sorneith, detailed in this work,

9DzAZHE.png

MUTATION FILES AVAILABLE:

|MAELI|

Mutation archive pages will be updated periodically as more is discovered.

Have you something to report?

Have you seen a particular specimen stalking around? Would you find it in the interest of the Society to have it recorded? The archives of specimen is being continuously updated, a running record of leeches.

However, the printing press is not yet running, come back a bit later and we shall fix up a file for you. [OOC: You will be able to have a 'specimen file' made for your dragon, the template is complete, I merely need a bit more time..]

Are you one of us?

If you are a member of the Society, or one who wishes to become one, it is a question of a small fee of 5 000 treasure and a letter requesting membership. As a proof of your membership, you shall receive a nice and shiny membership card, which can be used upon request to enter spaces held by the Society, including the Roost.

I4OpENS.png
PoMXwvX.pngTn4TEAZ.png
Assorted Business

Do you have more questions? Concerns?

Send a letter to Helsing. As he is currently the most knowledgeable in these areas, he is the best source for a fulfilling response. [OOC: An IC postbox service, send your letter IC and receive a response IC, all letters will be collected and posted here unless requested otherwise]

Upcoming Events:
Introductory Meeting - A recent publication by a member in a rather prolific newsletter has brought us an influx of members, but perhaps you arrived here by other means. This event at the big auditorium at the Roost will provide new and old members an opportunity for meeting and getting to know each other. [OOC: The first RP thread of the Society, a very casual affair to get your dragons established within the society and in relation to each other]

[OOC]

Alright if you made it this far, Well done! haha. So, unless this is not yet clear, this is the hub and IC discussion(though you can definitely ask OOC things in here as well if needed!) for the Mordramological Society.

As soon as we get a bit of an establishment going here I'll get our first RP up and running.
Oh, and a pinglist for updates to the society &etc is also a thing, let me know if you want to be added!

Final note, all textures used are my own from books from my collection. That should be it all I believe, but do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Assorted Business

Do you have more questions? Concerns?

Send a letter to Helsing. As he is currently the most knowledgeable in these areas, he is the best source for a fulfilling response. [OOC: An IC postbox service, send your letter IC and receive a response IC, all letters will be collected and posted here unless requested otherwise]

Upcoming Events:
Introductory Meeting - A recent publication by a member in a rather prolific newsletter has brought us an influx of members, but perhaps you arrived here by other means. This event at the big auditorium at the Roost will provide new and old members an opportunity for meeting and getting to know each other. [OOC: The first RP thread of the Society, a very casual affair to get your dragons established within the society and in relation to each other]

[OOC]

Alright if you made it this far, Well done! haha. So, unless this is not yet clear, this is the hub and IC discussion(though you can definitely ask OOC things in here as well if needed!) for the Mordramological Society.

As soon as we get a bit of an establishment going here I'll get our first RP up and running.
Oh, and a pinglist for updates to the society &etc is also a thing, let me know if you want to be added!

Final note, all textures used are my own from books from my collection. That should be it all I believe, but do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
PoMXwvX.pngTn4TEAZ.png
// -WHEEZES- ALRIGHT WE'RE FINALLY OPEN AND RUNNING!!
// -WHEEZES- ALRIGHT WE'RE FINALLY OPEN AND RUNNING!!
PoMXwvX.pngTn4TEAZ.png
Givegivegivegive @Bongo Can has yes? Mmm? I think I'd like to play a leech and a doctor. Oh, who will be my doctor? Ah [I] Calcifer [/I] Now I'm itching to buy him the brown plague doctor mask and a cowl, curse you! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17735977] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/177360/17735977_350.png[/img] [/url] His bio is in his info. He keeps his ways secret, using the guise of a Doctor to find his patients. " Remember children! There are no Victims, only Volunteers! " He justifies amputations and surgeries, swears by his ' Healing' magic. As for a Leech, may I play one?
Givegivegivegive @Bongo

Can has yes? Mmm? I think I'd like to play a leech and a doctor. Oh, who will be my doctor? Ah Calcifer Now I'm itching to buy him the brown plague doctor mask and a cowl, curse you!

17735977_350.png

His bio is in his info. He keeps his ways secret, using the guise of a Doctor to find his patients. " Remember children! There are no Victims, only Volunteers! " He justifies amputations and surgeries, swears by his ' Healing' magic.

As for a Leech, may I play one?
YLpz8d9K_o.gif
/raises hammer and slams it down

Fest
/raises hammer and slams it down

Fest
tumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo7_250.png+8 hours/GMT time 0Opr6hJ.png
@ItsThirteen

A doctor? Why Calcifer is most welcome, a bright mind no doubt! And a plague mask would suit him very much, I am very unbiased in this opinion. Of course, no ill seems to be about him, a bit of enthusiasm about one's life's work is always a good thing, is it not? And secrets can be well-kept by those who take good care of them.

As to a leech, well, one should think such a creature would be of an opinion to conspire with those of its own species, than to tread enemy ground without a specific purpose. I would suggest you first present this leech over by its kin, but there are of course workings of plots which will come to have those of the Society cross paths with various leech existences.

@Giratina

Fest.
@ItsThirteen

A doctor? Why Calcifer is most welcome, a bright mind no doubt! And a plague mask would suit him very much, I am very unbiased in this opinion. Of course, no ill seems to be about him, a bit of enthusiasm about one's life's work is always a good thing, is it not? And secrets can be well-kept by those who take good care of them.

As to a leech, well, one should think such a creature would be of an opinion to conspire with those of its own species, than to tread enemy ground without a specific purpose. I would suggest you first present this leech over by its kin, but there are of course workings of plots which will come to have those of the Society cross paths with various leech existences.

@Giratina

Fest.
PoMXwvX.pngTn4TEAZ.png
@Bongo So I have a pairing of nocts [img]http://i.imgur.com/KsroF80.png[/img] They breed red/red/red-black-white. That's Regi-Sapientia Noctua and Iratsanguinstrummean, it wouldn't be a whole hatchery dedicated to them, but can I register these as a breeding pair for Mordramia? Or should I post this elsewhere e____e
@Bongo

So I have a pairing of nocts

KsroF80.png

They breed red/red/red-black-white. That's Regi-Sapientia Noctua and Iratsanguinstrummean, it wouldn't be a whole hatchery dedicated to them, but can I register these as a breeding pair for Mordramia? Or should I post this elsewhere e____e
YLpz8d9K_o.gif
1 2