Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | War Between Worlds (Always open!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
The humans are desperate. Their homeworld had been destroyed in a war for resources, and those who'd made it off of the surface had to find a new home before they ran out off resources themselves. In the fifty years that they'd been in space, they had yet to find an habitable world... Until now. The world below was practically perfect. It had a breathable atmosphere, plenty of fresh water, and had life on it already! However, it had higher gravity than Earth, and an odd type of radiation. However, scientists on board had determined that it would be of no issue. Having decided that this would be the perfect planet, they began to prepare for landing... The Arcanist was intrigued. There was something new in the night sky! Just by looking, he could tell it was no star or comet; it was like nothing he'd seen before. It almost looked like some black and white bird, but there was no way that could be the case. The arcane god frantically scribbed down notes, cataloging everything he could about the strange entity, until one fateful night. Once again, he looked through the telescope, but the white bird had moved. He shifted his view and spotted it once more, this time trailing flames. Even as he watched, it dipped lower and lower in the sky... [center]It landed in the Shifting Expanse.[/center] Rules- 1) All site rules apply. 2) No automatically hitting someone else's character in a fight! That counts as godmodding. 3) If you would like to play a god, you may make a form, but those will be held to much higher standards than simple forms. 4) You may play as an FR dragon, human, or beastclan. Nothing else. [s]Yet.[/s] 5) If you have read these rules, put the name of your first dragon (custom progen) in the 'Other' section on the form. Form: (Image here, if available) Name: Gender: Age: Class: (dragon, human, or beastclan?) Race/Flight: Written Description: (Only needed if you don't have a picture) Personality: Any apparel/skins? If so, list here: Other: Pinglist/Players and Characters: @Pyra - Morganin, Dusk, Stormcatcher @Vanquished - Draxis @Dimesocket - Cassandra @StrawberryJello - Desmond @anika - Hazard Lockhart @Bruma - Phobia @DoppelBia - Diphylleia Grayi @bleeze - Smokey, Baelstorm @Balrier - Rais Kaider, Oliver Stendahl @Mypilot - Evelin Hulle @Scullyosis - Sabine Reinhold @Boneheadkoopa - Flux @FreezingRain - Borealis @Darkstream - Plaguebringer My Characters- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12147844] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121479/12147844_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: Morganin Gender: Male Age: 25 years Class: Dragon Race/Flight: Fae, Plague Personality: Nervous and flighty, but kind. Offers refuge for any dragon (or whatever else) that asks. More concerned with the wellbeing of others than his own needs. Any apparel/skins? If so, list here: Chestnut tail feathers, Chestnut wing feathers, Leather neck wrap [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14257372] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/142574/14257372_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: Dusk Gender: Female Age: 27 years Class: Dragon Race/Flight: Skydancer/Lightning Personality: Kind, but obsessive. If she wants something done, it [i]will[/i] happen, whether you like it or not. Any Apparel/Skins? No. Other: Shira was my custom. I ended up exalting her before I knew what I was doing.
The humans are desperate. Their homeworld had been destroyed in a war for resources, and those who'd made it off of the surface had to find a new home before they ran out off resources themselves. In the fifty years that they'd been in space, they had yet to find an habitable world... Until now.
The world below was practically perfect. It had a breathable atmosphere, plenty of fresh water, and had life on it already! However, it had higher gravity than Earth, and an odd type of radiation. However, scientists on board had determined that it would be of no issue. Having decided that this would be the perfect planet, they began to prepare for landing...

The Arcanist was intrigued. There was something new in the night sky! Just by looking, he could tell it was no star or comet; it was like nothing he'd seen before. It almost looked like some black and white bird, but there was no way that could be the case. The arcane god frantically scribbed down notes, cataloging everything he could about the strange entity, until one fateful night. Once again, he looked through the telescope, but the white bird had moved. He shifted his view and spotted it once more, this time trailing flames. Even as he watched, it dipped lower and lower in the sky...
It landed in the Shifting Expanse.

Rules-
1) All site rules apply.
2) No automatically hitting someone else's character in a fight! That counts as godmodding.
3) If you would like to play a god, you may make a form, but those will be held to much higher standards than simple forms.
4) You may play as an FR dragon, human, or beastclan. Nothing else. Yet.
5) If you have read these rules, put the name of your first dragon (custom progen) in the 'Other' section on the form.

Form:
(Image here, if available)
Name:
Class: (dragon, human, or beastclan?)
Race/Flight:
Written Description: (Only needed if you don't have a picture)
Personality:
Any apparel/skins? If so, list here:
Other:

Pinglist/Players and Characters:
@Pyra - Morganin, Dusk, Stormcatcher
@Vanquished - Draxis
@Dimesocket - Cassandra
@StrawberryJello - Desmond
@anika - Hazard Lockhart
@Bruma - Phobia
@DoppelBia - Diphylleia Grayi
@bleeze - Smokey, Baelstorm
@Balrier - Rais Kaider, Oliver Stendahl
@Mypilot - Evelin Hulle
@Scullyosis - Sabine Reinhold
@Boneheadkoopa - Flux
@FreezingRain - Borealis
@Darkstream - Plaguebringer
My Characters-

12147844_350.png

Name: Morganin
Class: Dragon
Race/Flight: Fae, Plague
Personality: Nervous and flighty, but kind. Offers refuge for any dragon (or whatever else) that asks. More concerned with the wellbeing of others than his own needs.
Any apparel/skins? If so, list here: Chestnut tail feathers, Chestnut wing feathers, Leather neck wrap

14257372_350.png

Name: Dusk
Race/Flight: Skydancer/Lightning
Personality: Kind, but obsessive. If she wants something done, it will happen, whether you like it or not.
Any Apparel/Skins? No.
Other: Shira was my custom. I ended up exalting her before I knew what I was doing.
formattingtextweeeeee any pronouns

Pgv53XB.png
rnKnsgE.png
J7D1quC.png
643gino.gif mjtJ868.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
@Pyra

I read this thinking it would be something having to do with War of the Worlds, and then was really disappointed when it wasn't cause, ya know, who doesn't like vaporizing humans?, and then got really excited again becuse this is an awesome idea. Count me in! Just gimme a minute to whip up a character.

EDIT:

Name - Draxis
Gender - Female
Age - Around 50 in human years, 100 or so in centaur/dragon years
Class - Beastclan
Race/Flight - Centaur
Written Description - Draxis is tall, standing at 10ft when on four legs, and 12ft when reared back on her hind legs. She has a dappled grey pelt with black socks and a mane/tail. Her human torso is tanned from too long spent in the sun, and she has night black hair and steely silver eyes.

Personality - Since she has lived to see a great deal, Draxis is not easily surprised. And when she is, she doesn't show it. That's what she's good at, you see. Concealing her emotions. The rest of the time Draxis can be found bounding around every inch of Sornieth, bound to no herd. She is an explorer at heart, and takes a great interest in new things. Draxis has an impressive memory, and will likely not forget anything. Nor will she easily forgive. She can be quite stubborn, and her beliefs are not easily changed. Though if you can get past her cold exterior, Draxis makes a very loyal friend and ally.

Any apparel/skins? If so, list here - She sports specially made ebony filigree boots, gauntlets, and a breastplate. The scarf from the breastplate was sewn by an elder centuar, and reads in the Beastclan tongue: From the earth we came, to the earth we shall return (< earth as in dirt, not the planet.) They were a gift from a dragon clan she once encountered on her travels. A clan of blacksmiths, of course. She's also got a deer/stag skull strapped to the area where her human torso mets her horse hindquarters. The skull's antlers are still intact, and decorated with colorful feathers.

Other - Apollo. Technically, he's my random progen, since I exalted my custom in the newb Days of Olde. Close enough. XD
@Pyra

I read this thinking it would be something having to do with War of the Worlds, and then was really disappointed when it wasn't cause, ya know, who doesn't like vaporizing humans?, and then got really excited again becuse this is an awesome idea. Count me in! Just gimme a minute to whip up a character.

EDIT:

Name - Draxis
Gender - Female
Age - Around 50 in human years, 100 or so in centaur/dragon years
Class - Beastclan
Race/Flight - Centaur
Written Description - Draxis is tall, standing at 10ft when on four legs, and 12ft when reared back on her hind legs. She has a dappled grey pelt with black socks and a mane/tail. Her human torso is tanned from too long spent in the sun, and she has night black hair and steely silver eyes.

Personality - Since she has lived to see a great deal, Draxis is not easily surprised. And when she is, she doesn't show it. That's what she's good at, you see. Concealing her emotions. The rest of the time Draxis can be found bounding around every inch of Sornieth, bound to no herd. She is an explorer at heart, and takes a great interest in new things. Draxis has an impressive memory, and will likely not forget anything. Nor will she easily forgive. She can be quite stubborn, and her beliefs are not easily changed. Though if you can get past her cold exterior, Draxis makes a very loyal friend and ally.

Any apparel/skins? If so, list here - She sports specially made ebony filigree boots, gauntlets, and a breastplate. The scarf from the breastplate was sewn by an elder centuar, and reads in the Beastclan tongue: From the earth we came, to the earth we shall return (< earth as in dirt, not the planet.) They were a gift from a dragon clan she once encountered on her travels. A clan of blacksmiths, of course. She's also got a deer/stag skull strapped to the area where her human torso mets her horse hindquarters. The skull's antlers are still intact, and decorated with colorful feathers.

Other - Apollo. Technically, he's my random progen, since I exalted my custom in the newb Days of Olde. Close enough. XD
@Pyra ~~~ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14351128] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143512/14351128_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Name:[/b] Cassandra [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Age:[/b] Around twenty in human years [b]Class:[/b] Dragon [b]Race/Flight:[/b] Lightning [b]Personality:[/b] Wherever there's a situation of even the pettiest importance to be had, Cassandra can be found sticking her nose into it. Sure, sure, it's “annoying”, “nosy”, and other terms far more insulting, but really, she's just curious more than anything...and it always pays to have some idea of what's going on, doesn't it? Not that she's the sort to use that kind of information maliciously; no, she's far too blunt for that, and if she truly needs something out of another dragon, she'll just flat-out ask them herself. She isn't malicious, after all...though it can't be said that she's particularly nice, either. Neutrality in all situations is, to her, more desirable than being either. She views everything impartially, if just because the universe itself is just as impartial, if not more. Being too nice or too cruel is just a recipe for disappointment and tragedy, as that clashes against those in the other extreme; neutrality is the easiest way to simply accept the realities of the world, with all their pain and all their glories, and everything in between. A single dragon attempting to impose their kind or cruel realities over reality itself is just a recipe for disaster. Both may need to exist, but neither should dominate, for that would just upset the natural balance of the world, which requires both. After all, how would one define happiness or sadness if one was the only one to exist? She is quite convinced that her way of seeing things is the most peaceful one. It's just a pity that more dragons just don't accept her viewpoint. [b]Other:[/b] Daciana my first dragon; though I exalted her a while back.
@Pyra

~~~

Name:
Cassandra

Class:
Dragon

Race/Flight:
Lightning

Personality:
Wherever there's a situation of even the pettiest importance to be had, Cassandra
can be found sticking her nose into it.

Sure, sure, it's “annoying”, “nosy”, and other terms far more insulting, but really, she's just curious more than anything...and it always pays to have some idea of what's going on, doesn't it? Not that she's the sort to use that kind of information maliciously; no, she's far too blunt for that, and if she truly needs something out of another dragon, she'll just flat-out ask them herself. She isn't malicious, after all...though it can't be said that she's particularly nice, either. Neutrality in all situations is, to her, more desirable than being either.

She views everything impartially, if just because the universe itself is just as impartial, if not more. Being too nice or too cruel is just a recipe for disappointment and tragedy, as that clashes against those in the other extreme; neutrality is the easiest way to simply accept the realities of the world, with all their pain and all their glories, and everything in between. A single dragon attempting to impose their kind or cruel realities over reality itself is just a recipe for disaster. Both may need to exist, but neither should dominate, for that would just upset the natural balance of the world, which requires both. After all, how would one define happiness or sadness if one was the only one to exist?

She is quite convinced that her way of seeing things is the most peaceful one. It's just a pity that more dragons just don't accept her viewpoint.

Other:
Daciana my first dragon; though I exalted her a while back.
tumblr_mpy4vpYMWG1rzl7uqo1_500.gif
@Pyra [i]Form:[/i] [img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/281f4b3df9b838eae86a757475f9c097/tumblr_mr0dbxQfod1qj5ij2o2_500.png[/img] [i] Name: [/i]Desmond [i] Gender: [/i]Male [i] Age:[/i] 22 [i]Class:[/i] Human [i] Race/Flight: [/i]Homo Sapiens [i]Personality[/i]: Desmond is a rather crude guy. He tends to insult those around him without even noticing, and it's always with a bright smile. He's honest to the bone weather for better or worse, and it's usually for worse. Of course, it's not that he is honest as a policy, but more like he doesn't quiet grasp the concept of lying. While he seems eccentric and brash he is actually very logic based. Back in the homeland, this usually helped him not fall for foolish trickery, but now in this new world he will probably end up jumping off a cliff if you told him that it would give him the ability to fly. Also, he is disgustingly positive. [i]Any apparel/skins? If so, list here: [/i]Human clothing, usually odd, disgusting bright and clashy. Also likes to wear band-aids, for no real reason. [i]Other[/i]: Honestly don't remember the name of my first. I exulted him pretty quick after I got a couple I like more and realized how expensive genes where. His name was rather exotic though. He is a mechanic and helps with the keep up of ship. If need be he can design weapons and other contraptions.
@Pyra

Form:
tumblr_mr0dbxQfod1qj5ij2o2_500.png

Name:
Desmond

Class: Human

Race/Flight:
**** Sapiens

Personality:
Desmond is a rather crude guy. He tends to insult those around him without even noticing, and it's always with a bright smile. He's honest to the bone weather for better or worse, and it's usually for worse. Of course, it's not that he is honest as a policy, but more like he doesn't quiet grasp the concept of lying.

While he seems eccentric and brash he is actually very logic based. Back in the homeland, this usually helped him not fall for foolish trickery, but now in this new world he will probably end up jumping off a cliff if you told him that it would give him the ability to fly.

Also, he is disgustingly positive.

Any apparel/skins? If so, list here:
Human clothing, usually odd, disgusting bright and clashy. Also likes to wear band-aids, for no real reason.

Other:
Honestly don't remember the name of my first. I exulted him pretty quick after I got a couple I like more and realized how expensive genes where. His name was rather exotic though.
He is a mechanic and helps with the keep up of ship. If need be he can design weapons and other contraptions.
tumblr_n1rz45atYQ1tn57b1o1_500.gif
@Vanquished
Yeah, I know. I would have done something different, but I couldn't think of anything. XD

@Dimesocket @StrawberryJello
All accepted! Who wants to start?

@Vanquished
Yeah, I know. I would have done something different, but I couldn't think of anything. XD

@Dimesocket @StrawberryJello
All accepted! Who wants to start?

Pgv53XB.png
rnKnsgE.png
J7D1quC.png
643gino.gif mjtJ868.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
@Pyra Ooh, spiffy. Hopefully you still have some space! [URL=http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/Meowowie/media/wahaha_resized_zpsjqddmcan.png.html][IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/Meowowie/wahaha_resized_zpsjqddmcan.png[/IMG][/URL] Art by user HeroOfWinds, the loveliest of lovelies (also featuring his rendition of hartling Link!) Name: Hazard Lockhart [b]Gender[/b]: Male [b]Age:[/b] 27 [b]Class: [/b]Human [b]Race/Flight:[/b] mix of white/Native American by descent that most Mexican-American people are [b]Written Description:[/b] short at 5"0, bangs dyed red [s]because he lost a bet with his sister[/s], maroon-colored eyes due to genetic modification [b]Personality[/b]: Serious, snarky, sarcastic. He isn't much of a people person but he is extremely loyal to the few friends he has and will lay down his life for them in a heartbeat. [b]Any apparel/skins? If so, list here:[/b] Overall conservative style of dress; his pants/shorts always reach his knee and he isn't as eager to try out strange new fashions as other people are. Even when it is sweltering, he wears long sleeves, perhaps to hide something. [b]Other[/b]: Orchunter is my custom progen and she is darling and precious and I'm going to show her off because I can. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8714751] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/87148/8714751_350.png[/img] [/url] If you need me to alter anything to better suit the roleplay, let me know.
@Pyra

Ooh, spiffy. Hopefully you still have some space!

wahaha_resized_zpsjqddmcan.png
Art by user HeroOfWinds, the loveliest of lovelies (also featuring his rendition of hartling Link!)
Name: Hazard Lockhart
Class: Human
Race/Flight: mix of white/Native American by descent that most Mexican-American people are
Written Description: short at 5"0, bangs dyed red because he lost a bet with his sister, maroon-colored eyes due to genetic modification
Personality: Serious, snarky, sarcastic. He isn't much of a people person but he is extremely loyal to the few friends he has and will lay down his life for them in a heartbeat.
Any apparel/skins? If so, list here: Overall conservative style of dress; his pants/shorts always reach his knee and he isn't as eager to try out strange new fashions as other people are. Even when it is sweltering, he wears long sleeves, perhaps to hide something.
Other: Orchunter is my custom progen and she is darling and precious and I'm going to show her off because I can.

8714751_350.png

If you need me to alter anything to better suit the roleplay, let me know.
@Pyra {{I hope you still have some space- this is a really cool idea!}} - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5135635] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/51357/5135635_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Phobia [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Age:[/b] 56 in human years [b]Class:[/b] Dragon [b]Race/Flight:[/b] Ice [b]Personality:[/b] Phobia is the matriarch of her clan and makes it very clear- her coloring, her eyes, her stance- everything about the coatl radiates authority. However, she isn't an ice-cold leader like the kind her flight is known for. Her judgement is good, and her power is used wisely- despite this, she has troubles relating to others and may seem harsh or standoffish at first. Other clan dragons find her acts and manners old-fashioned, and it can be very clear at times that she is xenophobic at heart. However, she does most things for the overall good of her clan and says the most about it, despite not speaking much. [b]Other:[/b] She usually keeps an ember close because she is very susceptible to the cold. My custom progen is Florina, who I still have.
@Pyra
{{I hope you still have some space- this is a really cool idea!}}

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5135635_350.png

Name: Phobia

Race/Flight: Ice

Personality: Phobia is the matriarch of her clan and makes it very clear- her coloring, her eyes, her stance- everything about the coatl radiates authority. However, she isn't an ice-cold leader like the kind her flight is known for. Her judgement is good, and her power is used wisely- despite this, she has troubles relating to others and may seem harsh or standoffish at first. Other clan dragons find her acts and manners old-fashioned, and it can be very clear at times that she is xenophobic at heart. However, she does most things for the overall good of her clan and says the most about it, despite not speaking much.

Other: She usually keeps an ember close because she is very susceptible to the cold. My custom progen is Florina, who I still have.
@anika @Bruma
Yes, there's space. The thread is always open, after all! Both accepted!
@anika @Bruma
Yes, there's space. The thread is always open, after all! Both accepted!

Pgv53XB.png
rnKnsgE.png
J7D1quC.png
643gino.gif mjtJ868.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
(( @Pyra

Sweet, I'll just wait for someone to post their intro first/some more plotting before posting my intro. I generally don't like posting the first intro on threads that aren't mine.))
(( @Pyra

Sweet, I'll just wait for someone to post their intro first/some more plotting before posting my intro. I generally don't like posting the first intro on threads that aren't mine.))
@Pyra I'm in! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16678444] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166785/16678444_350.png[/img] [/url] (At the time of posting she's a hatchling, but I'm gonna play her as an adult from the start) [b]Name:[/b] Diphylleia grayi (or just Diphy) [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b] Age:[/b] 20 in human years [b]Class: [/b] Dragon [b]Race/Flight:[/b] Arcane [b]Personality:[/b] Diphylleia is innocent in every possible sense of the word. Submissive, naive, fragile, however you view it, she likes to play it delicate. One could think there's actually a mischievous dragon behind that giggling mess, but if there is, it's very well hidden. She is more likely to run away from a fight than to join it, and if she was to be captured, it would take nothing for her to tell the enemy anything they wanted. Diphy is very good at reading other dragons' body language and emotions, which makes it easy for her to relate to others and help them. This can get her into trouble, as she trusts others easily and may try to help someone dangerous, but also makes her a great mediator. [b]Any apparel/skins? If so, list here:[/b] Simple pearly necklace, Pearly wing cuffs (might add more) [b]Other:[/b] In contact with water, Diphylleia's body and wings turn slightly transparent, though she can still be easily seen due to her white gem scales. I've exalted my custom progen, but I kept my random! They're [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=112202&tab=dragon&did=7984851]Lionfang[/url]'s parents.
@Pyra I'm in!

16678444_350.png

(At the time of posting she's a hatchling, but I'm gonna play her as an adult from the start)

Name: Diphylleia grayi (or just Diphy)

Race/Flight: Arcane

Personality: Diphylleia is innocent in every possible sense of the word. Submissive, naive, fragile, however you view it, she likes to play it delicate. One could think there's actually a mischievous dragon behind that giggling mess, but if there is, it's very well hidden. She is more likely to run away from a fight than to join it, and if she was to be captured, it would take nothing for her to tell the enemy anything they wanted.
Diphy is very good at reading other dragons' body language and emotions, which makes it easy for her to relate to others and help them. This can get her into trouble, as she trusts others easily and may try to help someone dangerous, but also makes her a great mediator.

Any apparel/skins? If so, list here: Simple pearly necklace, Pearly wing cuffs (might add more)

Other: In contact with water, Diphylleia's body and wings turn slightly transparent, though she can still be easily seen due to her white gem scales.
I've exalted my custom progen, but I kept my random! They're Lionfang's parents.
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png