Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Coli Fighter's Raffle (Ended)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@Ellapinky I know, it's a ton more than I thought it was. My calculations, though really aproximate, say 638kt for all this, and with my incorrect calculations from my first attempt the price of the tickets was somewhere around 540kt. I really am not sure how I managed to get it less than half the original price. Needless to say I'm very bad at math, somehow even with a calculator.

I'm not really certain how to make this up, because a lot of people have already paid for their tickets and it would be unfair to them to suddenly shrink the prices down. I think I will probably end up throwing in another Eliminate, but I can't right now because I don't have enough treasure, haha.
@Ellapinky I know, it's a ton more than I thought it was. My calculations, though really aproximate, say 638kt for all this, and with my incorrect calculations from my first attempt the price of the tickets was somewhere around 540kt. I really am not sure how I managed to get it less than half the original price. Needless to say I'm very bad at math, somehow even with a calculator.

I'm not really certain how to make this up, because a lot of people have already paid for their tickets and it would be unfair to them to suddenly shrink the prices down. I think I will probably end up throwing in another Eliminate, but I can't right now because I don't have enough treasure, haha.
zompvoj_by_rythiian-dchjkcr.png
@mataschmata

I mean, most people do raffles for profit - this is actually a lot better than most of the calculations I've done, as usually a vast majority goes to the raffle holder.

If you want to change it, perhaps lowering the number of tickets required for the raffle to conclude? The prices would stay the same, and the people before wouldn't be very affected by this as far as it looks like.

Or, as the raffle is still starting out, you could split up the prize into two or three prize packs and leave everything with the tickets the same. Since there aren't that many people, you could just ping them and make it a one-time-only refundable opportunity, and if they want to back out then that's their loss.

As for smaller end prizes? Hey, I'd say a prize pack of just eliminate is already huge, let alone, say, all the stones for a Mire Flyer build. Two chances of winning might draw more people, too - plus, at the end, there's a good chance you'd have an extra 100 or 200kT for yourself if you want to keep it.
@mataschmata

I mean, most people do raffles for profit - this is actually a lot better than most of the calculations I've done, as usually a vast majority goes to the raffle holder.

If you want to change it, perhaps lowering the number of tickets required for the raffle to conclude? The prices would stay the same, and the people before wouldn't be very affected by this as far as it looks like.

Or, as the raffle is still starting out, you could split up the prize into two or three prize packs and leave everything with the tickets the same. Since there aren't that many people, you could just ping them and make it a one-time-only refundable opportunity, and if they want to back out then that's their loss.

As for smaller end prizes? Hey, I'd say a prize pack of just eliminate is already huge, let alone, say, all the stones for a Mire Flyer build. Two chances of winning might draw more people, too - plus, at the end, there's a good chance you'd have an extra 100 or 200kT for yourself if you want to keep it.
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
@Ellapinky I originally imagined to have 3 winners, a first, second, and third place, with different prizes depending on which place they got. But I just didn't know how to manage that, or to split up the prizes correctly. 3k is a lot for the possibility of a smaller prize pack.

I don't know exactly how to manage this and I don't want to change it up too much. So I think I will probably just cut the tickets down to 300. I did originally plan for this to have profit, but not 500kt profit.

@queenmedusozoa @Anourou @Premiumhugs @CHINCHINLOVER What do you guys think? I imagine there wouldn't be much of a problem if the max tickets were cut down to 300, since your chance of winning would be higher. Is that okay with all of you?
@Ellapinky I originally imagined to have 3 winners, a first, second, and third place, with different prizes depending on which place they got. But I just didn't know how to manage that, or to split up the prizes correctly. 3k is a lot for the possibility of a smaller prize pack.

I don't know exactly how to manage this and I don't want to change it up too much. So I think I will probably just cut the tickets down to 300. I did originally plan for this to have profit, but not 500kt profit.

@queenmedusozoa @Anourou @Premiumhugs @CHINCHINLOVER What do you guys think? I imagine there wouldn't be much of a problem if the max tickets were cut down to 300, since your chance of winning would be higher. Is that okay with all of you?
@mataschmata
Seems okay to me. It's really cool that you're wanting to adjust it to get less profit ^^
@mataschmata
Seems okay to me. It's really cool that you're wanting to adjust it to get less profit ^^
@mataschmata

To be completely honest, i'd have no problems if you kept it as a profit raffle, 18kt is a pretty small amount on my part for a chance at any combination of the stones. and it's a raffle so by purchasing any amount of tickets I've already accepted and agreed to the risk of not winning anything.

And while changing the tickets to 300 would raise the chance of winning and potentially cut down on the amount of time before the raffle ends, this wouldn't be the first raffle I've entered that could take awhile and end up forgetting I entered.

so in short, i'll be happy with whatever you decide to do.
@mataschmata

To be completely honest, i'd have no problems if you kept it as a profit raffle, 18kt is a pretty small amount on my part for a chance at any combination of the stones. and it's a raffle so by purchasing any amount of tickets I've already accepted and agreed to the risk of not winning anything.

And while changing the tickets to 300 would raise the chance of winning and potentially cut down on the amount of time before the raffle ends, this wouldn't be the first raffle I've entered that could take awhile and end up forgetting I entered.

so in short, i'll be happy with whatever you decide to do.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@mataschmata
I'm fine with anything you decide to do!
@mataschmata
I'm fine with anything you decide to do!
quill.png
Alright, thank you all for the feedback!
Alright, thank you all for the feedback!
Oh, that'd be great! More stuff to look forward to :D
Oh, that'd be great! More stuff to look forward to :D
20 | He/him | +2 FR time
bump
bump
bump

current entry numbers:
1. queenmedusozoa
2. queenmedusozoa
3. queenmedusozoa