Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | *winners announced!* [ODCA] Murky Ap...
1 2 3 4
[center][size=5][b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=raf&id=1367015&page=3&anchor=9663523#9663523]Winners announced here![/url][/b][/size][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B3GbiaU.png[/img][/center] [size=2]Banner created by the talented [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=47189&tab=userpage]PoisonedPaper[/url]![/size] Yet another festival was drawing to a close, and scores of dragons flocked to Festive Favors stand to trade in their Shimmering Pinecones before the stand closed down in preparation for the next holiday. And once again, there were dragons who were unsatisfied. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=163920] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1640/163920_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Why is it that these Shadow dragons always lurk about in the darkness and don't ever just come up and talk to you face-to-face? I can't even see what the new festival apparel and accents look like because I can't see any of these dragons clearly!" Orion complained loudly as he peered out at the world from behind his goggles. The Spiral beside him snickered. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=796965] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7970/796965_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "I may be blind," she told him with an amused lilt in her voice, "but I can feel the dragons out there and 'see' what they look like to an extent. Besides, not all of us Shadow dragons only stick to the shadows, and most of the dragons wearing all of these new festival things aren't even from Shadow flight!" Orion huffed. "I wish I could just get some of them closer, maybe all lined up neatly or something, so that I could just get a good look at 'em and see what dragons these days are wearing!" Nephthys thought for a moment and then smiled. "A-hah!" she exclaimed. "I know just the dragon we can ask to help us." She looped her way toward the lair, leaving a slightly confused Orion behind. Nephthys remembered the event last month that had apparently been instigated by Leyden's grumbling, so naturally she knew that it would be best to go ask Hyenn for help...

B3GbiaU.png
Banner created by the talented PoisonedPaper!

Yet another festival was drawing to a close, and scores of dragons flocked to Festive Favors stand to trade in their Shimmering Pinecones before the stand closed down in preparation for the next holiday.

And once again, there were dragons who were unsatisfied.

"Why is it that these Shadow dragons always lurk about in the darkness and don't ever just come up and talk to you face-to-face? I can't even see what the new festival apparel and accents look like because I can't see any of these dragons clearly!" Orion complained loudly as he peered out at the world from behind his goggles. The Spiral beside him snickered.

"I may be blind," she told him with an amused lilt in her voice, "but I can feel the dragons out there and 'see' what they look like to an extent. Besides, not all of us Shadow dragons only stick to the shadows, and most of the dragons wearing all of these new festival things aren't even from Shadow flight!"

Orion huffed. "I wish I could just get some of them closer, maybe all lined up neatly or something, so that I could just get a good look at 'em and see what dragons these days are wearing!"

Nephthys thought for a moment and then smiled. "A-hah!" she exclaimed. "I know just the dragon we can ask to help us." She looped her way toward the lair, leaving a slightly confused Orion behind. Nephthys remembered the event last month that had apparently been instigated by Leyden's grumbling, so naturally she knew that it would be best to go ask Hyenn for help...
IF7Zry6.jpg
[center][size=5][b]The Old Dragon Collector's Association's Second Apparel Contest[/b][/size][/center] Hello, and welcome to the Old Dragon Collector Association's second apparel contest: The Murky Edition! The contest is now open for entries and will close at the end of [u]Thursday, March 5th[/u] (so at 23:59 FR time). The judges will take time to score each contestant, and then we will announce the winners either the [u]Saturday the 7th or the Sunday the 8th[/u] depending on the number of entries and the judges' individual schedules. Since this is following the conclusion of the Trickmurk Circus, we're looking for dragons dressed up with an murky/dark/shadowy feel in mind! The judges ([url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/350]BotanyBlack[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/58365]cooneyms[/url], and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=29678]benalene[/url]) will be judging based on 6 criteria (in no particular order): [LIST=1] [*] [b]fit to theme[/b] – After all, this [i]is[/i] a shadow-themed contest! [*] [b]outfit coordination[/b] – While fashion disasters are hilarious, they have their place (which isn’t here) [*] [b]originality/creativity[/b] – Creativity is important, and sometimes the seemingly unconventional approach is the once that wins people over [*] [b]apparel layering[/b] – We wanna see you masterfully layer that apparel and make your dragon look snazzy [*] [b]simple vs. overdone[/b] – That being said, things shouldn’t be [i]so[/i] over-the-top that they’re borderline ridiculous, ne? [*] [b]character (writing) [/b] – Feel free to write a short blurb perhaps regarding why you chose the apparel you did or describing your dragon’s character; it can be in prose, poem, RP format from the dragon’s perspective or otherwise, any way you want! [/LIST] [size=4][color=red][b][u]IMPORTANT NOTES:[/u][/b][/color][/size] [list] [*] Since this [i]is[/i] and ODCA event, there will be an age restriction for entries. Dragons entered into the contest must have been [b]born on March 1st of 2014 or earlier[/b] (in other words, [b]they should be at least one year old[/b]) [*] Accents are allowed, but [b]skins are a no-no[/b] for this contest! [*] For clarification, dragons can be any element! The only thing that kinda matters is age. [*] You may enter more than one dragon if you wish, but you can only win once. (Note: If for some reason there are a flood of entries, this may change.) [*] [i]I'll add more things here if there are more questions[/i]
The Old Dragon Collector's Association's
Second Apparel Contest

Hello, and welcome to the Old Dragon Collector Association's second apparel contest: The Murky Edition! The contest is now open for entries and will close at the end of Thursday, March 5th (so at 23:59 FR time). The judges will take time to score each contestant, and then we will announce the winners either the Saturday the 7th or the Sunday the 8th depending on the number of entries and the judges' individual schedules.

Since this is following the conclusion of the Trickmurk Circus, we're looking for dragons dressed up with an murky/dark/shadowy feel in mind! The judges (BotanyBlack, cooneyms, and benalene) will be judging based on 6 criteria (in no particular order):
  1. fit to theme – After all, this is a shadow-themed contest!
  2. outfit coordination – While fashion disasters are hilarious, they have their place (which isn’t here)
  3. originality/creativity – Creativity is important, and sometimes the seemingly unconventional approach is the once that wins people over
  4. apparel layering – We wanna see you masterfully layer that apparel and make your dragon look snazzy
  5. simple vs. overdone – That being said, things shouldn’t be so over-the-top that they’re borderline ridiculous, ne?
  6. character (writing) – Feel free to write a short blurb perhaps regarding why you chose the apparel you did or describing your dragon’s character; it can be in prose, poem, RP format from the dragon’s perspective or otherwise, any way you want!

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • Since this is and ODCA event, there will be an age restriction for entries. Dragons entered into the contest must have been born on March 1st of 2014 or earlier (in other words, they should be at least one year old)
  • Accents are allowed, but skins are a no-no for this contest!
  • For clarification, dragons can be any element! The only thing that kinda matters is age.
  • You may enter more than one dragon if you wish, but you can only win once. (Note: If for some reason there are a flood of entries, this may change.)
  • I'll add more things here if there are more questions
IF7Zry6.jpg
[size=5][b]HOW TO ENTER[/b][/size] Please list: [LIST] [*] Your dragon's name and ID# [*] Your username and ID# [*] An image of your dragon (if the image you post is not a static image, please remember not to change apparel/accents in the middle of the contest!) [*] A list of the names of the apparel items the dragon is wearing [*] The name (and number) of the accent the dragon is wearing (if applicable) [*] And a short little blurb for the Character aspect of the contest [/LIST] It doesn't have to look exactly like this, but here's an example entry just in case you needed one~ [quote=Example Entry] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57990] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/580/57990_350.png[/img] [/url] Kamal (#57990) owned by Stormflight (#13824) [b]Apparel:[/b] Companion Comet, Pink Highnoon Hank, Red Fedora, Raider Helm, Whisperer's Cowl, Violet Deepsea Bulb, Sunguard Chest, Scarlet Satin Tunic, Chestnut Feathered Wings, Magmatic Pauldrons, Dented Iron Tail Cuffs [b]Accent:[/b] Stoneswept Arabesque (#7316) [center][i]Kamal's fashion sense is too divine for mere mortals to understand. Kneel before him and weep, you peasants![/i][/center] [/quote] [size=2]Sidenote: [i]Please[/i] don't let your dragons emulate Kamal when they get dressed up...[/size] I will be keeping track of entries in the fifth post of this thread, but please forgive me if I don't update it right away! (It's kinda annoying how our time playing FR is always interrupted by those pesky IRL things, isn't it? XD )
HOW TO ENTER

Please list:
  • Your dragon's name and ID#
  • Your username and ID#
  • An image of your dragon (if the image you post is not a static image, please remember not to change apparel/accents in the middle of the contest!)
  • A list of the names of the apparel items the dragon is wearing
  • The name (and number) of the accent the dragon is wearing (if applicable)
  • And a short little blurb for the Character aspect of the contest

It doesn't have to look exactly like this, but here's an example entry just in case you needed one~
Example Entry wrote:

57990_350.png

Kamal (#57990) owned by Stormflight (#13824)

Apparel: Companion Comet, Pink Highnoon Hank, Red Fedora, Raider Helm, Whisperer's Cowl, Violet Deepsea Bulb, Sunguard Chest, Scarlet Satin Tunic, Chestnut Feathered Wings, Magmatic Pauldrons, Dented Iron Tail Cuffs
Accent: Stoneswept Arabesque (#7316)

Kamal's fashion sense is too divine for mere mortals to understand. Kneel before him and weep, you peasants!
Sidenote: Please don't let your dragons emulate Kamal when they get dressed up...

I will be keeping track of entries in the fifth post of this thread, but please forgive me if I don't update it right away! (It's kinda annoying how our time playing FR is always interrupted by those pesky IRL things, isn't it? XD )
IF7Zry6.jpg
[center][size=5][b]PRIZES[/b][/size][/center] Should you win, we have several prizes for you to choose from! [b]Clarification:[/b] Though there are [u][i]5 prizes[/i][/u] listed here, there will only be [u][i]3 winners[/i][/u]. The reason there are more prizes than winners is so each winner has a chance to choose what they want instead of feeling like they just get whatever's left over. ^_^ [quote] [size=5][b]THE DRAGONS[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=106005] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1061/106005_350.png[/img] [/url] Prospit, #106005, Shadow Gold/Storm/Leaf July 3rd, 2013 8 offspring, none unnamed Gen2, level 7 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=368590] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3686/368590_350.png[/img] [/url] Frawst, #368590, Arcane White/Silver Shimmer/Black August 16th, 2013 23 offspring, 5 unnamed Gen 2/3, level 25, was Pearlcatcher'd and Shimmer'd [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=581917] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5820/581917_350.png[/img] [/url] Wynnrift, #581917, Ice Stonewash Tiger/Leaf Stripes/Jungle September 7th, 2013 4 offspring, all named Level 5 [/quote] [quote] [size=5][b]THE ITEMS[/b][/size] [center][item=tertiary gene: gembond] Gembond Scroll [item=Ornate Battle Armor] Ornate Battle Armor [/quote]
PRIZES

Should you win, we have several prizes for you to choose from!

Clarification: Though there are 5 prizes listed here, there will only be 3 winners. The reason there are more prizes than winners is so each winner has a chance to choose what they want instead of feeling like they just get whatever's left over. ^_^

Quote:
THE DRAGONS

106005_350.png

Prospit, #106005, Shadow
Gold/Storm/Leaf
July 3rd, 2013
8 offspring, none unnamed
Gen2, level 7

368590_350.png

Frawst, #368590, Arcane
White/Silver Shimmer/Black
August 16th, 2013
23 offspring, 5 unnamed
Gen 2/3, level 25, was Pearlcatcher'd and Shimmer'd

581917_350.png

Wynnrift, #581917, Ice
Stonewash Tiger/Leaf Stripes/Jungle
September 7th, 2013
4 offspring, all named
Level 5
Quote:
THE ITEMS
Tertiary Gene: Gembond
Gembond Scroll

Ornate Battle Armor
Ornate Battle Armor
IF7Zry6.jpg
[center][size=5][b]ENTRIES[/b][/size][/center] [color=white] user#, dragon#, page#[/color] [list] [*] Vaara (#60182) owned by lome (#68077), pg 2 [*] Ansatsu (#992008) owned by Arintol (#54878), pg 2 [*] Cardboard (#2036967) owned by NeophyteRedglare (#23084), pg 2 [*] Danae (#91998) owned by junipa (#5894), pg 2 [*] Aiden (#94036) owned by Melodious (#36284), pg 2 [*] Jackle (#9366) owned by Glenfalconer5 (#2710), pg 2 [*] Achaius (#2370093) owned by Kamishii (#105728), pg 3 [*] Nightshade (#825243) owned by Leetah43 (#665), pg 3 [*] Hammerfell (#2429904) owned by Leetah43 (#665), pg 3 [*] Cake (#289783) owned by Penguinnii (#7011), pg 3 [*] Nieve (#316702) owned by Narif (#15402), pg 3 [*] Secandra (#600740) owned by Narif (#15402), pg 3 [*] Dempsei (#2882) owned by KitVal (#24228), pg 3 [*] [/list] [b]Non-entrants who wish to be pinged when the contest closes:[/b] - Nicolas
ENTRIES
user#, dragon#, page#
  • Vaara (#60182) owned by lome (#68077), pg 2
  • Ansatsu (#992008) owned by Arintol (#54878), pg 2
  • Cardboard (#2036967) owned by NeophyteRedglare (#23084), pg 2
  • Danae (#91998) owned by junipa (#5894), pg 2
  • Aiden (#94036) owned by Melodious (#36284), pg 2
  • Jackle (#9366) owned by Glenfalconer5 (#2710), pg 2
  • Achaius (#2370093) owned by Kamishii (#105728), pg 3
  • Nightshade (#825243) owned by Leetah43 (#665), pg 3
  • Hammerfell (#2429904) owned by Leetah43 (#665), pg 3
  • Cake (#289783) owned by Penguinnii (#7011), pg 3
  • Nieve (#316702) owned by Narif (#15402), pg 3
  • Secandra (#600740) owned by Narif (#15402), pg 3
  • Dempsei (#2882) owned by KitVal (#24228), pg 3

Non-entrants who wish to be pinged when the contest closes:
- Nicolas
IF7Zry6.jpg
Come forth, my fellow oldie lovers! (I mean, if you wanna participate in the competition, that is. If not then that's totally cool, too.)

@acorncap, @alacri, @AlexiaSilver, @Ampharos, @Amulet, @Anthea, @Arplin, @Ari, @Arintol, @Astraya, @AstroCorps, @attenuasis, @Attolia, @Aurora23, @Axikor, @Azuri, @Barakitty, @benalene, @BlackAbyss, @Blissfire, @BOMB, @BotanyBlack, @Brokenwing, @CadetArlert, @Catfeather, @caerbannog, @CentipedeLimbo, @Chrestomanci, @Clockworkvixen, @cooneyms, @daintyboots, @Delphi, @demonpunk, @Dotckler, @DreadPirateKing, @Edaigoa, @Eleanor, @FaerieIshee, @Faunus, @Faustien, @Fay, @Faylon, @Felixitous, @freckles108, @Glenfalconer5, @Harkness, @Hausdaddy @Heatherly, @Infomercial, @Ink, @iwatobi, @Jerepasaurus, @Jinkx, @JD1620, @JinxMoonstone, @junipa, @Kaitii, @Kas, @Keno, @Korozo, @Lae, @Leetah43, @Lexreon, @lome, @Lumen, @luminousshadow, @Lusitania, @Mandee, @Merkur, @MrBrightside, @Narif, @NeophyteRedglare, @Niharike, @NinjaDancer, @NivMizzet, @Orventa, @Oszs, @Penguinnii, @Poisonedpaper @Quicksilvr, @rainwaltz, @Rogue, @Rowan, @Sandra, @Satchen, @StarTatami, @serra, @Silverpeal, @Sitka, @Snaphance, @Sorel, @Spidergirl, @TereziiPyrope, @Terza, @TheArcaneKitsune, @TheSunTheGodsSaw, @TragicallyBad, @Tsaiah, @Umbra, @Vyrthur, @Waddles, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Winry, @Zenzic, @Zaviel, @Heat, @Cila @Kardi, @realitychek17, @Lady3Jane, @Dask @hologramblue @Reptyrian, @tacroy, @Kimberly, @Melodious, @Luxio, @NerdEsq, @pink @Survivors, @lawnmowers @Tavvi, @Combatic0ns, @Nicolas, @ClawsThatCatch
Come forth, my fellow oldie lovers! (I mean, if you wanna participate in the competition, that is. If not then that's totally cool, too.)

@acorncap, @alacri, @AlexiaSilver, @Ampharos, @Amulet, @Anthea, @Arplin, @Ari, @Arintol, @Astraya, @AstroCorps, @attenuasis, @Attolia, @Aurora23, @Axikor, @Azuri, @Barakitty, @benalene, @BlackAbyss, @Blissfire, @BOMB, @BotanyBlack, @Brokenwing, @CadetArlert, @Catfeather, @caerbannog, @CentipedeLimbo, @Chrestomanci, @Clockworkvixen, @cooneyms, @daintyboots, @Delphi, @demonpunk, @Dotckler, @DreadPirateKing, @Edaigoa, @Eleanor, @FaerieIshee, @Faunus, @Faustien, @Fay, @Faylon, @Felixitous, @freckles108, @Glenfalconer5, @Harkness, @Hausdaddy @Heatherly, @Infomercial, @Ink, @iwatobi, @Jerepasaurus, @Jinkx, @JD1620, @JinxMoonstone, @junipa, @Kaitii, @Kas, @Keno, @Korozo, @Lae, @Leetah43, @Lexreon, @lome, @Lumen, @luminousshadow, @Lusitania, @Mandee, @Merkur, @MrBrightside, @Narif, @NeophyteRedglare, @Niharike, @NinjaDancer, @NivMizzet, @Orventa, @Oszs, @Penguinnii, @Poisonedpaper @Quicksilvr, @rainwaltz, @Rogue, @Rowan, @Sandra, @Satchen, @StarTatami, @serra, @Silverpeal, @Sitka, @Snaphance, @Sorel, @Spidergirl, @TereziiPyrope, @Terza, @TheArcaneKitsune, @TheSunTheGodsSaw, @TragicallyBad, @Tsaiah, @Umbra, @Vyrthur, @Waddles, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Winry, @Zenzic, @Zaviel, @Heat, @Cila @Kardi, @realitychek17, @Lady3Jane, @Dask @hologramblue @Reptyrian, @tacroy, @Kimberly, @Melodious, @Luxio, @NerdEsq, @pink @Survivors, @lawnmowers @Tavvi, @Combatic0ns, @Nicolas, @ClawsThatCatch
IF7Zry6.jpg
Ooh! okay.. hmm.. quick question.. do they HAVE to be a shadow dragon?
Ooh! okay.. hmm.. quick question.. do they HAVE to be a shadow dragon?
nRLbRTT.png
@Leetah43

Nope, they can be of any element! They just need to have been born by March 1st of 2014 or earlier
@Leetah43

Nope, they can be of any element! They just need to have been born by March 1st of 2014 or earlier
IF7Zry6.jpg
Awh, damn. All my dark-themed dragons are at least a few months away from being able to enter (Salem disappoints me the most, being born at the end of the target cut-off month *shakes fist*)

@Stormflight
If possible, could I get a ping whenever the contest closes? I can't participate, but I'd love to see all the dragons that get entered!
Awh, damn. All my dark-themed dragons are at least a few months away from being able to enter (Salem disappoints me the most, being born at the end of the target cut-off month *shakes fist*)

@Stormflight
If possible, could I get a ping whenever the contest closes? I can't participate, but I'd love to see all the dragons that get entered!
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
@Nicolas

Sure, I'll give you a ping when it closes!
@Nicolas

Sure, I'll give you a ping when it closes!
IF7Zry6.jpg
1 2 3 4