Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Basic to Beautiful - A Personal Quest
I don't know if this is already a challenge and has a name, nor do I really know what to call this, so take my title as it is. I'm breeding a basic dragon into a pretty, gened dragon to see how long it takes me. I have my two Gen 1 dragons still in my lair and they're basically used as machines for exalt fodder and also to hold some of my clan lore. I thought it would be fun to take one of their basic hatchlings and try to breed it into something pretty! I [i]was[/i] going to put this off until after I came back from vacation and start with the next nest, but I hatched their nest and got an XYY with Faceted eyes and took it as a sign that I needed to start now! While I could easily do this challenge and keep it within my own head, I decided to post about it! Honestly, that would be easier on my brain, as I can't remember very much at one time. Obviously, [b]this challenge is going to be very slow[/b], as I have to wait for hatchlings to grow up and all that, but I think it'll be fun to document! [center]------[/center] [center][size=5][b][u]How This Will Be Done;[/u][/b][/size] [size=3](Just in case you, the reader, also wish to do something like this, you can see how I did it)[/size][/center] - I pick a hatchling from my Gen 1's nest to begin and wait for it to grow up. - While I'm waiting or once it grows up, I find it a mate. This can either be a dragon already in my lair or one bought from the auction house. As I am not allowed to use any gene scrolls (this is a breeding challenge, after all), I want to aim for dragons that are gened and in the color range I'm aiming for. - I breed the dragons together once they're ready. - I pick a hatchling from [i]that[/i] nest to keep - preferably one that has at least one gene or is close to the desired colors - and exalt or sell the others if there are any. Only get one hatchling? Too bad! I have to use it! - Each pair of dragons can only be used [b]once[/b] for this challenge. While I can keep the parents if I like them, they can't be used for this challenge anymore. - Repeat until I get what I'm looking for. [center]------[/center] As stated earlier, this is a slow project. It'll be updated sort of like a log with me posting a comment every time something happens. For me to easily keep track of where I am, I'll have an update log that may get a little long depending on how long this takes me. Hopefully all goes well and this won't eat all of my treasure! [rule] [quote name="Update Log"] * [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2733112#post_40133205]The Beginning of the Journey[/url] * [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2733112/1#post_40271757]The Second Step[/url][/quote]
I don't know if this is already a challenge and has a name, nor do I really know what to call this, so take my title as it is. I'm breeding a basic dragon into a pretty, gened dragon to see how long it takes me.

I have my two Gen 1 dragons still in my lair and they're basically used as machines for exalt fodder and also to hold some of my clan lore. I thought it would be fun to take one of their basic hatchlings and try to breed it into something pretty! I was going to put this off until after I came back from vacation and start with the next nest, but I hatched their nest and got an XYY with Faceted eyes and took it as a sign that I needed to start now!

While I could easily do this challenge and keep it within my own head, I decided to post about it! Honestly, that would be easier on my brain, as I can't remember very much at one time.

Obviously, this challenge is going to be very slow, as I have to wait for hatchlings to grow up and all that, but I think it'll be fun to document!

How This Will Be Done;
(Just in case you, the reader, also wish to do something like this, you can see how I did it)
- I pick a hatchling from my Gen 1's nest to begin and wait for it to grow up.
- While I'm waiting or once it grows up, I find it a mate. This can either be a dragon already in my lair or one bought from the auction house. As I am not allowed to use any gene scrolls (this is a breeding challenge, after all), I want to aim for dragons that are gened and in the color range I'm aiming for.
- I breed the dragons together once they're ready.
- I pick a hatchling from that nest to keep - preferably one that has at least one gene or is close to the desired colors - and exalt or sell the others if there are any. Only get one hatchling? Too bad! I have to use it!
- Each pair of dragons can only be used once for this challenge. While I can keep the parents if I like them, they can't be used for this challenge anymore.
- Repeat until I get what I'm looking for.

As stated earlier, this is a slow project. It'll be updated sort of like a log with me posting a comment every time something happens. For me to easily keep track of where I am, I'll have an update log that may get a little long depending on how long this takes me. Hopefully all goes well and this won't eat all of my treasure!

KmiIlH6.pngG4m4j0c.jpgu3Sr1mC.jpg
[center][size=5][b][u]August 7th, 2019 - The Beginning[/size][/b][/u][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54235318] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542354/54235318_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center][size=6][u][b]Einion[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](#54235318)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img] Guardian [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/light_rune_20.png[/img] [i]Grape Basic Antique Basic Antique Basic Light Faceted[/i] [/columns] [size=2]The Guardian that started it all! I currently have no idea where I want to take her, as both Grape XXX and Antique XXX dragons are quite pricey and I have enough purple dragons AND white dragons as it is. Since this hatchling sort of came out of the blue, I haven't had real time to sit down and decide what color and genes I'm specifically looking for. That's half the fun, however! Her siblings were not as fortunate to earn my favor for this challenge, being Orchid/Platinum/Dirt and Azure/Shale/Strawberry. I got lucky getting an XYY at the very beginning and I'm hoping that this girl brings me luck in the future, even if I don't go with Grape or Antique! I will be searching for her mate within my lair first, but only if I can't find someone good enough will my greed be defeated and I'll be able to sink my treasure into a - probably expensive - dragon that I'll use for this challenge, probably keep because I'll get attached, and then have to buy another - probably expensive - dragon as a mate for that dragon. My wallet screams in agony![/size]
August 7th, 2019 - The Beginning

54235318_350.png
Einion
(#54235318)

small_female.png Guardian light_rune_20.png

Grape Basic
Antique Basic
Antique Basic
Light Faceted

The Guardian that started it all! I currently have no idea where I want to take her, as both Grape XXX and Antique XXX dragons are quite pricey and I have enough purple dragons AND white dragons as it is. Since this hatchling sort of came out of the blue, I haven't had real time to sit down and decide what color and genes I'm specifically looking for. That's half the fun, however! Her siblings were not as fortunate to earn my favor for this challenge, being Orchid/Platinum/Dirt and Azure/Shale/Strawberry. I got lucky getting an XYY at the very beginning and I'm hoping that this girl brings me luck in the future, even if I don't go with Grape or Antique! I will be searching for her mate within my lair first, but only if I can't find someone good enough will my greed be defeated and I'll be able to sink my treasure into a - probably expensive - dragon that I'll use for this challenge, probably keep because I'll get attached, and then have to buy another - probably expensive - dragon as a mate for that dragon. My wallet screams in agony!
[center][size=5][b][u]August 17th, 2019 - The Second Step[/size][/b][/u][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51425721] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514258/51425721_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center][size=6][u][b]Medan[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](#51425721)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_male.png[/img] Skydancer [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/light_rune_20.png[/img] [i]Orca Savannah Grey Peregrine Flint Thylacine Light Rare[/i] [/columns] [size=2]I finally decided to go with Medan, who has been in my lair for a long time and has nothing to do, for the first mate. I mean, he has nothing better to do until I fix up his genes to match each other. I still have no idea where I'm taking this project, but seeing how this batch turns out will be very interesting! I saw a few in the preview that I really liked because they looked pretty unique. It will be August 22nd when they're available to have their first eggs and I'm excited to see how many they have and how they look![/size]
August 17th, 2019 - The Second Step

51425721_350.png
Medan
(#51425721)

small_male.png Skydancer light_rune_20.png

Orca Savannah
Grey Peregrine
Flint Thylacine
Light Rare

I finally decided to go with Medan, who has been in my lair for a long time and has nothing to do, for the first mate. I mean, he has nothing better to do until I fix up his genes to match each other. I still have no idea where I'm taking this project, but seeing how this batch turns out will be very interesting! I saw a few in the preview that I really liked because they looked pretty unique. It will be August 22nd when they're available to have their first eggs and I'm excited to see how many they have and how they look!
good luck with this! I kind of did it with my progens early on, and it gave me a grandson who has A LOT OF DESCENDANTS NOW. and also looks great as a coatl but we do not speak of such things. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34864864] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/348649/34864864_350.png[/img] [/url] I wouldn't mind a ping whenever you make your next decision/hatch!
good luck with this! I kind of did it with my progens early on, and it gave me a grandson who has A LOT OF DESCENDANTS NOW. and also looks great as a coatl but we do not speak of such things.

34864864_350.png

I wouldn't mind a ping whenever you make your next decision/hatch!
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
@girlofSornieth Thank you! I'm excited to see how this all turns out in the end. That Spiral is a cutie, even if he defies you by being a Spiral. (also, I'm sure you get lots of comments on your icon all the time, but the dragon in your icon is beautiful but also makes me think of a reverse furry. I love her, it's the best I've ever seen in my years on this site.) I'll be sure to ping you when I have an update! I pray for at least one gene in this upcoming batch but knowing my luck, something will turn out wonky [emoji=guardian tongue size=2]
@girlofSornieth Thank you! I'm excited to see how this all turns out in the end. That Spiral is a cutie, even if he defies you by being a Spiral.

(also, I'm sure you get lots of comments on your icon all the time, but the dragon in your icon is beautiful but also makes me think of a reverse furry. I love her, it's the best I've ever seen in my years on this site.)

I'll be sure to ping you when I have an update! I pray for at least one gene in this upcoming batch but knowing my luck, something will turn out wonky
@Tirion
if you have luck problems, allow me to point you towards the banner with moving dice in my clan profile. that might help you somewhat ;)

and thank you! I love my avatar girl to pieces. the comments I usually receive range anywhere from "wat" to "n o p e" to "no srsly wat" to "SUCCUBUS" so I appreciate the compliment lmao
@Tirion
if you have luck problems, allow me to point you towards the banner with moving dice in my clan profile. that might help you somewhat ;)

and thank you! I love my avatar girl to pieces. the comments I usually receive range anywhere from "wat" to "n o p e" to "no srsly wat" to "SUCCUBUS" so I appreciate the compliment lmao
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom