Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] A Day of Beginnings
[center][IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/34rjgie.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2evbudi.png[/IMG] [center][emoji=glimmer tile size=1][emoji=gloom tile size=1][emoji=glimmer tile size=1][/center] [font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Basic rules:[/b] [emoji=glimmer tile size=1]A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. (Zoran is locked for the sake of story) [emoji=glimmer tile size=1]All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering. [emoji=glimmer tile size=1]There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. [emoji=glimmer tile size=1]All nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile! [emoji=glimmer tile size=1]If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair. [emoji=glimmer tile size=1]Start with only two dragons and wait until you get lucky enough to get more! [center][emoji=glimmer tile size=1][emoji=gloom tile size=1][emoji=glimmer tile size=1][/center] [font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Drops of Fate:[/b] [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]Food:[/b] Coliseum time! Plants: 10-20 matches Insects: 20-30 matches Seafood: 30-40 matches Meat: 40-50 matches Choose from one of these two rules: [b]Hardmode:[/b] You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon! OR [b]Easymode:[/b] Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above. [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]Materials:[/b] Do some writing for your nuzlocke. [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]Trinkets:[/b] Do some art for your nuzlocke. (That's when I'll eventually make a banner for Zoran) [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]Familiars:[/b] Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-15) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak 15. Gaoler [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]Apparel:[/b] Change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are crazy. {I'm not breeding because I want to have fun and breeding really isn't fun for me} [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]Battle items:[/b] Uh-oh!!! Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens [b]DEATH STREAK rules:[/b] Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. [center][emoji=glimmer tile size=1][emoji=gloom tile size=1][emoji=glimmer tile size=1][/center] [font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Losing:[/b] If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options {This will only occur if all dragons fall and Zoran is the final dragon standing after he faints in a party} [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]1.[/b] Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]2.[/b] Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][b]3.[/b] Just buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because you lack patience.
34rjgie.png

2evbudi.png

Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. (Zoran is locked for the sake of story)
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
All nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.
Start with only two dragons and wait until you get lucky enough to get more!

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!

Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

OR

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke.

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke. (That's when I'll eventually make a banner for Zoran)

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-15) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Gaoler

Apparel: Change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are crazy. {I'm not breeding because I want to have fun and breeding really isn't fun for me}

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.

Losing:
If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options
{This will only occur if all dragons fall and Zoran is the final dragon standing after he faints in a party}
1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up
2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar
3. Just buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because you lack patience.
item_scary_storybook_by_dogi_crimson-daezm96.gifb_85x85_by_x_luna_silverwolf_x-dccal3i.pngitem_scary_storybook_by_dogi_crimson-daezm96.gif
[center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Current Roster:[b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49861356] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498614/49861356_350.png[/img] [/url] [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][size=5][color=fbe400]Zoran[/size][emoji=glimmer tile size=1] "The Legend" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52521521] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/525216/52521521_350.png[/img] [/url] [emoji=gloom tile size=1][size=5][color=blue]Hexa[/size][emoji=gloom tile size=1] "The Navigator"
Current Roster:

49861356_350.png

Zoran
"The Legend"

52521521_350.png

Hexa
"The Navigator"
item_scary_storybook_by_dogi_crimson-daezm96.gifb_85x85_by_x_luna_silverwolf_x-dccal3i.pngitem_scary_storybook_by_dogi_crimson-daezm96.gif
[center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Day 1[/b] [item=Dark-Tufted Featherduster] [font=Times New Roman][size=4]I lost track of matches somewhere in the middle of this because of my brother so I just went until Zoran and Hexa reached lvl 5 I found a Sear while I was there but other than that, no rare drops. (forgot how much I hate Woodland Path and I just can't wait until I get to the Scorched Forest *sarcasm*)
Day 1

Dark-Tufted Featherduster

I lost track of matches somewhere in the middle of this because of my brother so I just went until Zoran and Hexa reached lvl 5

I found a Sear while I was there but other than that, no rare drops.

(forgot how much I hate Woodland Path and I just can't wait until I get to the Scorched Forest *sarcasm*)
[center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Day 2[/b] [item=Discipline] [font=Times New Roman][size=4]Of course I get a Battle Stone! And I had a Death Streak so Hexa and Zoran battled in the Woodland Path for ten rounds. Found a Natural Might Fragment and a new companion in a Bamboo Phytocat. Luckily they survived! I'm feeling inspired so here's a short little piece about them meeting their new friend. [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][emoji=gloom tile size=1][emoji=glimmer tile size=1] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]It was the crack of dawn and there was silence in the woods. Zoran and Hexa had been camping in the Woodland Path since yesterday as they had finished exploring the fields already. Feeling a bit tired from all the fighting they had been doing, Hexa especially wanted to get some rest. Unfortunately there is no rest for the weary and their small campsite was ambushed by some Coral Basilisks. Zoran appeared to be perfectly fine but Hexa was quickly getting worn down. The navigator wasn't used to doing so much non stop fighting and it showed as she let Zoran do most of the work. "It's okay Hexa, get some rest," Zoran chirped as the last of the basilisks retreated into the wood line. The tundra nodded and was about to lay down when a rustle came from a nearby bush. Back on high alert, Hexa decided to check out the noise. Carefully, she approached the bush but before she could check, a Bamboo Phytocat leaped out and tackled her to the ground. Startled, she tried to push the cat off but it was no use, it clung to her thick fur and refused to budge. After struggling for a bit Hexa realized the cat wasn't actually hurting her, in fact it was snuggling into her... purring!? She couldn't believe her ears at the sound and looked down at the strange cat on her belly. She couldn't help but laugh at the strange creature, "You sure like my pelt don't ya?" The only response she received was another loud purr. Looks like they just gained a new companion in this strange phytocat. At least one good thing came of being in these woods.
Day 2

Discipline

Of course I get a Battle Stone! And I had a Death Streak so Hexa and Zoran battled in the Woodland Path for ten rounds.

Found a Natural Might Fragment and a new companion in a Bamboo Phytocat. Luckily they survived!

I'm feeling inspired so here's a short little piece about them meeting their new friend.

It was the crack of dawn and there was silence in the woods. Zoran and Hexa had been camping in the Woodland Path since yesterday as they had finished exploring the fields already. Feeling a bit tired from all the fighting they had been doing, Hexa especially wanted to get some rest.

Unfortunately there is no rest for the weary and their small campsite was ambushed by some Coral Basilisks. Zoran appeared to be perfectly fine but Hexa was quickly getting worn down. The navigator wasn't used to doing so much non stop fighting and it showed as she let Zoran do most of the work.

"It's okay Hexa, get some rest," Zoran chirped as the last of the basilisks retreated into the wood line.

The tundra nodded and was about to lay down when a rustle came from a nearby bush. Back on high alert, Hexa decided to check out the noise. Carefully, she approached the bush but before she could check, a Bamboo Phytocat leaped out and tackled her to the ground. Startled, she tried to push the cat off but it was no use, it clung to her thick fur and refused to budge. After struggling for a bit Hexa realized the cat wasn't actually hurting her, in fact it was snuggling into her... purring!? She couldn't believe her ears at the sound and looked down at the strange cat on her belly.

She couldn't help but laugh at the strange creature, "You sure like my pelt don't ya?"

The only response she received was another loud purr. Looks like they just gained a new companion in this strange phytocat. At least one good thing came of being in these woods.
[center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Day 3[/b] [item=Parasitic Grub] [font=Times New Roman][size=4]Got another food item! Hexa and Zoran battled 20 rounds! I'm only doing the minimum because I'm working on some other projects in the coli right now so these guys are kinda a second priority. Anyways, they both got to level 7 so tomorrow will be their first step into the Scorched Forest! Got a Date Plumed Jabbot as a rare drop!
Day 3

Parasitic Grub

Got another food item! Hexa and Zoran battled 20 rounds! I'm only doing the minimum because I'm working on some other projects in the coli right now so these guys are kinda a second priority. Anyways, they both got to level 7 so tomorrow will be their first step into the Scorched Forest!

Got a Date Plumed Jabbot as a rare drop!
[center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Day 4[/b] [item=Bleak Birdskull Necklace] [font=Times New Roman][size=4]Got my first apparel item! Time to gene up my boy Zoran! I gave him his breed change to Pearlcatcher! Next will be Hexa's breed change but I'm not really too anxious to get it. What I really want is a Familiar so I can get a new dragon! I won't be buying one tho I recently found two eggs in the coli so I'll hatch one of those instead. (Sorta makes me wish that I started with three dragons but I like the challenge of only having 2 dragons) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49861356] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498614/49861356_350.png[/img] [/url]
Day 4

Bleak Birdskull Necklace

Got my first apparel item! Time to gene up my boy Zoran! I gave him his breed change to Pearlcatcher! Next will be Hexa's breed change but I'm not really too anxious to get it. What I really want is a Familiar so I can get a new dragon! I won't be buying one tho I recently found two eggs in the coli so I'll hatch one of those instead. (Sorta makes me wish that I started with three dragons but I like the challenge of only having 2 dragons)

49861356_350.png
[center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Day 5[/b] [item=Brilliant Feather Cluster] [font=Times New Roman][size=4]Got some material so I'm gonna do some writing for my babies! (Also in other news, I got an Eliminate as a drop while grinding yesterday and gave it to Zoran! Now I won't have to be so scared of the Scorched Forest lol) Anywho, without further ado... [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][emoji=gloom tile size=1][emoji=glimmer tile size=1] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49861356] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498614/49861356_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Times New Roman][size=4]It was a bright sunny day in the Scorched Forest as Zoran scratched at a tree. "I need to get stronger" he muttered, giving the tree one last strike before it crumbled into ash, "If only there was something I could do to get stronger more quickly..." As if on queue, when he said that a dragon dressed in white armor emerged from the charred wood line. He was stunned to say the least, he could tell this dragon was powerful and that he would be foolish to challenge it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6199290] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/61993/6199290_350.png[/img] [/url] "Who are you?" Zoran asked, cautiously taking a step back. The dragon chuckled, "You don't recognize one from your own clan?" "N-nero!?" Zoran exclaimed in disbelief, "Is that you? Why are you all the way out here? I thought Hexa and I were the only party away from the clan." "Don't be so full of yourself young one," Nero scolded, "The strongest team in our clan is around as well. I have come to observe them as my former comrade is among them." Zoran paused and took that in before staring at Nero, "Why has Cybil sent out more dragons? Does she not trust my and Hexa's abilities?" "They are not here for you Zoran, they have come to search for loot for the clan. If anything they have priority over you and your party. After all they are the most respected dragons in Moonswrathe," Nero stated, "Besides, we all know you came here for your own selfish reasons. You merely wish to surpass all others in the clan." Zoran sighed, not really being able to say a thing against the older dragon. All he had said was true, as Zoran simply wanted to become the strongest in the clan and nothing else. Nero, noticing his silence let out a sigh before speaking again, "I suppose I can teach you my strongest attack, on one condition." "Yes! Anything!" Zoran exclaimed, his mood lifting immediately. "I need you to stay out of the way of Cresalia and her party, they won't stop their search simply because you two are out here." Nero explained. Zoran nodded, "Of course! Now please teach me the move, I simply cannot wait any longer." Nero let out a laugh, "Such impatience! Very well, let's begin." For the rest of the day until the sun slipped passed the trees, Zoran and Nero trained. By the end of the day Zoran was exhausted but he had finally mastered the move Nero was set to teach. Eliminate. [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][emoji=gloom tile size=1][emoji=glimmer tile size=1] Just a little story of how Zoran was taught Eliminate! I might include other dragons from my clan in other stories in the future but they won't be effecting too much of the story as this is mainly about Zoran and his party.
Day 5

Brilliant Feather Cluster

Got some material so I'm gonna do some writing for my babies! (Also in other news, I got an Eliminate as a drop while grinding yesterday and gave it to Zoran! Now I won't have to be so scared of the Scorched Forest lol)

Anywho, without further ado...

49861356_350.png

It was a bright sunny day in the Scorched Forest as Zoran scratched at a tree.

"I need to get stronger" he muttered, giving the tree one last strike before it crumbled into ash, "If only there was something I could do to get stronger more quickly..."

As if on queue, when he said that a dragon dressed in white armor emerged from the charred wood line. He was stunned to say the least, he could tell this dragon was powerful and that he would be foolish to challenge it.

6199290_350.png

"Who are you?" Zoran asked, cautiously taking a step back.

The dragon chuckled, "You don't recognize one from your own clan?"

"N-nero!?" Zoran exclaimed in disbelief, "Is that you? Why are you all the way out here? I thought Hexa and I were the only party away from the clan."

"Don't be so full of yourself young one," Nero scolded, "The strongest team in our clan is around as well. I have come to observe them as my former comrade is among them."

Zoran paused and took that in before staring at Nero, "Why has Cybil sent out more dragons? Does she not trust my and Hexa's abilities?"

"They are not here for you Zoran, they have come to search for loot for the clan. If anything they have priority over you and your party. After all they are the most respected dragons in Moonswrathe," Nero stated, "Besides, we all know you came here for your own selfish reasons. You merely wish to surpass all others in the clan."

Zoran sighed, not really being able to say a thing against the older dragon. All he had said was true, as Zoran simply wanted to become the strongest in the clan and nothing else.

Nero, noticing his silence let out a sigh before speaking again, "I suppose I can teach you my strongest attack, on one condition."

"Yes! Anything!" Zoran exclaimed, his mood lifting immediately.

"I need you to stay out of the way of Cresalia and her party, they won't stop their search simply because you two are out here." Nero explained.

Zoran nodded, "Of course! Now please teach me the move, I simply cannot wait any longer."

Nero let out a laugh, "Such impatience! Very well, let's begin."

For the rest of the day until the sun slipped passed the trees, Zoran and Nero trained. By the end of the day Zoran was exhausted but he had finally mastered the move Nero was set to teach. Eliminate.

Just a little story of how Zoran was taught Eliminate! I might include other dragons from my clan in other stories in the future but they won't be effecting too much of the story as this is mainly about Zoran and his party.
[center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][b]Day 6[/b] [item=Warbeast Tusk] [font=Times New Roman][size=4]Yet another day passed as Hexa and Zoran trudged through the Scorched Forest. Zoran could tell that Hexa was getting tired and they needed to rest, especially with that Bamboo Phytocat hitching a ride on Hexa's back. The tundra wasn't used to the new workload and it wore her down more quickly in turn. The cat stretched itself on her back and let out a low, "Mrrow" of content. "I don't know why you keep that useless thing," Zoran huffed as he watched the cat with distaste. Hexa narrowed her eyes at him, "He's not a useless thing! He's my new companion and his name is Hijnx. You're just jealous because you haven't found a familiar on our journey. Hijnx fell in love with me at first sight." "Whatever," Zoran replied, rolling his eyes behind his goggles, "I'll find one soon enough. Besides, that cat is just wearing you down. It has legs, why can't he walk?" "He's tired, his legs are shorter than ours and we have wings as well, he can't fly when we do." Hexa replied as though this was common knowledge. Sometimes Hexa really got on Zoran's nerves. Although she was his traveling companion, she acted like a know-it-all most of the time simply because she was the navigator. Zoran felt that she should be more grateful to him because he spent most of his time protecting her. "I suppose we can stop and make a camp... But that cat must pull his weight and help us catch some food and watch for enemies." Zoran stated, already in the process of looking for the best site to camp. Hexa nodded, "That's reasonable. While you find a campsite, I'll go gather some food." Zoran didn't reply so Hexa left on her own for food. If this type of atmosphere kept up, Zoran was sure he would strangle that stupid cat.
Day 6

Warbeast Tusk

Yet another day passed as Hexa and Zoran trudged through the Scorched Forest. Zoran could tell that Hexa was getting tired and they needed to rest, especially with that Bamboo Phytocat hitching a ride on Hexa's back. The tundra wasn't used to the new workload and it wore her down more quickly in turn.

The cat stretched itself on her back and let out a low, "Mrrow" of content.

"I don't know why you keep that useless thing," Zoran huffed as he watched the cat with distaste.

Hexa narrowed her eyes at him, "He's not a useless thing! He's my new companion and his name is Hijnx. You're just jealous because you haven't found a familiar on our journey. Hijnx fell in love with me at first sight."

"Whatever," Zoran replied, rolling his eyes behind his goggles, "I'll find one soon enough. Besides, that cat is just wearing you down. It has legs, why can't he walk?"

"He's tired, his legs are shorter than ours and we have wings as well, he can't fly when we do." Hexa replied as though this was common knowledge.

Sometimes Hexa really got on Zoran's nerves. Although she was his traveling companion, she acted like a know-it-all most of the time simply because she was the navigator. Zoran felt that she should be more grateful to him because he spent most of his time protecting her.

"I suppose we can stop and make a camp... But that cat must pull his weight and help us catch some food and watch for enemies." Zoran stated, already in the process of looking for the best site to camp.

Hexa nodded, "That's reasonable. While you find a campsite, I'll go gather some food."

Zoran didn't reply so Hexa left on her own for food. If this type of atmosphere kept up, Zoran was sure he would strangle that stupid cat.