Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 141 142
@Disillusionist

I'm not going to lie, it was a lot of fun to write!

hehehehe explosive combinations indeed!

Thank you!!!

Yeah, Bailaduel has some stuff to work through. But until then, she's just going to walk around being an awful mother :/

That would almost be too clever for Thorburn. But he's nothing if not stubborn.
@Disillusionist

I'm not going to lie, it was a lot of fun to write!

hehehehe explosive combinations indeed!

Thank you!!!

Yeah, Bailaduel has some stuff to work through. But until then, she's just going to walk around being an awful mother :/

That would almost be too clever for Thorburn. But he's nothing if not stubborn.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Tirtouga678

Oh, when is Thorburn not up to something is the real question XD
@Tirtouga678

Oh, when is Thorburn not up to something is the real question XD
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Yeah, that's the real question...
@Petall

Yeah, that's the real question...
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/51#post_40560068]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 59: Shifting Allegiances[/u][/b] [item=berserker][item=lion's leg armor][item=hardened clodcakes] Sentence: Death Streak Roll, Breed/Scroll a Dragon, Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54489021][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54489021&skin=0&apparel=278,24714&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Karma was furious. After everything she had done to [i]help[/i] Gillian and uncover her father's secrets, the stupid wildclaw had booted her out as soon as the moment came to actually meet Thorburn. Maybe it was none of her business, but that didn't change her frustration. She had come so close, and yet she hadn't learned anything more than the fact a bogsneak named Thorburn was apparently involved. A tiny part of her had wondered if maybe she could have actually gotten along with Gillian in time. The prospect of adventure seemed fun, and he seemed sweet enough. But he had proved he was no different from the rest. Karma swung open to the door to the Siren's Call angrily. She moved to storm angrily to her bedroom in the back so she could fume over this properly when she was suddenly stopped by her mother and Zeal. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52846259][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45124108][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/451242/45124108_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Karma could immediately tell something was up. Both dragons were grinning ear to ear like complete fools, and her mother was exchanging excited glances with Karma and Zeal. The spiral rolled her eyes and tried to push past the irritatingly happy couple. Zeal moved to block her. "Karma, Zeal and I have some news," Her mother finally said, after apparently realizing that her daughter wasn't going to say anything. "What is it?" Karma huffed impatiently. She really wasn't in the mood for this. "You tell her," Seaberry nudged the skydancer with a giggle. "No, you should tell her," Zeal nudged back, barely disguising a grin. "Oh, alright," Seaberry's grin grew wider and Karma felt a growing sense of dread. "Karma, you're going to be a big sister!" "What?!" Karma fluttered back, completely caught off guard. Of course, she should have seen this coming, but she didn't think her mother was [i]that[/i] stupid! An accidental nest wouldn't be far out of the realm of possibility, but if she deliberately chose to have a nest with this dude...? "Your mother and I have had an egg," Zeal clarified. "I'm not a hatchling, I picked up on that thank you very much," Karma growled. "Aren't you excited?" Her mother drooped slightly. Everything in Karma made her want to explode in response. [i]Of course[/i] she wasn't excited! Her mother had provided a good enough roof for them, she supposed, but how could she [i]possibly[/i] expect that they'd suddenly become one big happy family? How could she be so naive, after everything that happened? Couldn't she see that true love didn't really exist? "That's great news," Karma managed to mutter, then she slipped past the couple to retreat to her room. What a day this was turning out to be. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54433580][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54433580&skin=0&apparel=750,1753,21243,21292,21300,25797,25793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "How are you doing?" Violet looked up as Jett approached, sliding into her booth in a hidden corner of the Siren's Call. The spiral just fiddled with her half-empty drink cup. She had just overheard Zeal and Seaberry telling Karma about their nest. It was not the first time Violet had heard them speak of the news, but it still hurt. "I'm fine," She lied, not meeting Jett's gaze. She had noticed the skydancer drifting further apart, but she hadn't realize just how much she had cared for him until he had slipped away. "I've got something that might cheer you up," Jett grinned. "What?" Violet perked up, trying to distract herself from her heartbreak. "Thorburn's plan worked!" Jett exclaimed, looking a little giddy. "A dragon named Gillian came today with news of the treasure! Thorburn's promised to help him look for it, but of course it's all just a trick. When we find it, we'll take it and split it three ways, and leave Gillian out in the cold!" "Three ways?" Violet asked. "Yeah, Zeal withdrew himself earlier today. Some nonsense about having a family to raise or something. Between you and me, I think he's going to make a run for it soon," Jett shrugged. "He doesn't strike me as the family type. It's a good thing you got out of things with him now, before you got hurt." [i]It's too late for that[/i], Violet thought bitterly. She swished her drink around the cup, staring down at the table. She didn't know what to tell Jett. She had realized she had only ever agreed to take part in all this because Zeal wanted to, and then she agreed because she wanted to make Jett jealous. Double-crossing some poor dragon didn't really seem like something Violet was into, but she couldn't say no, not when Jett was so excited, not when he had such big plans. He was depending on her, she couldn't back out. A part of her just wanted to go home, back to her parents, but the way Jett looked at her, eyes aglow with excitement and admiration, something within her melted. "That's great news!" Violet faked a grin and downed the rest of her drink. "When do we start?" ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/53#post_40603564]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse[/center] ----- So, I don't know if any of you listen to The Adventure Zone, but that new episode of Amnesty is really something. Also, if the RNG could stop giving me one-egg nests, that would be great, thank you very much. This is my third one-egg nest in a row, and while I'm definitely not complaining about Coldstorm or Boo, or the fact that this guarantees me the hatchling because I have an at-least-one-survivor-per-nest rule, I would like some variety and some more clutchmate lore. Death streak was a no go, thankfully, though I can't help but wonder how much longer this no-Coli spell will last. I was getting Coli items left and right when I was on my Coli hiatus, and then the moment I decide I'm good to go in the Coli again, nothing. I like my characters alive though, so I can't really complain.

Day 59: Shifting Allegiances
Berserker Lion's Leg Armor Hardened Clodcakes
Sentence: Death Streak Roll, Breed/Scroll a Dragon, Writing

dragon?did=54489021&skin=0&apparel=278,24714&xt=dressing.png

Karma was furious. After everything she had done to help Gillian and uncover her father's secrets, the stupid wildclaw had booted her out as soon as the moment came to actually meet Thorburn. Maybe it was none of her business, but that didn't change her frustration. She had come so close, and yet she hadn't learned anything more than the fact a bogsneak named Thorburn was apparently involved.

A tiny part of her had wondered if maybe she could have actually gotten along with Gillian in time. The prospect of adventure seemed fun, and he seemed sweet enough. But he had proved he was no different from the rest.

Karma swung open to the door to the Siren's Call angrily. She moved to storm angrily to her bedroom in the back so she could fume over this properly when she was suddenly stopped by her mother and Zeal.
dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png
45124108_350.png

Karma could immediately tell something was up. Both dragons were grinning ear to ear like complete fools, and her mother was exchanging excited glances with Karma and Zeal. The spiral rolled her eyes and tried to push past the irritatingly happy couple. Zeal moved to block her.

"Karma, Zeal and I have some news," Her mother finally said, after apparently realizing that her daughter wasn't going to say anything.

"What is it?" Karma huffed impatiently. She really wasn't in the mood for this.

"You tell her," Seaberry nudged the skydancer with a giggle.

"No, you should tell her," Zeal nudged back, barely disguising a grin.

"Oh, alright," Seaberry's grin grew wider and Karma felt a growing sense of dread. "Karma, you're going to be a big sister!"

"What?!" Karma fluttered back, completely caught off guard. Of course, she should have seen this coming, but she didn't think her mother was that stupid! An accidental nest wouldn't be far out of the realm of possibility, but if she deliberately chose to have a nest with this dude...?

"Your mother and I have had an egg," Zeal clarified.

"I'm not a hatchling, I picked up on that thank you very much," Karma growled.

"Aren't you excited?" Her mother drooped slightly.

Everything in Karma made her want to explode in response. Of course she wasn't excited! Her mother had provided a good enough roof for them, she supposed, but how could she possibly expect that they'd suddenly become one big happy family? How could she be so naive, after everything that happened? Couldn't she see that true love didn't really exist?

"That's great news," Karma managed to mutter, then she slipped past the couple to retreat to her room.

What a day this was turning out to be.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=54433580&skin=0&apparel=750,1753,21243,21292,21300,25797,25793&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png

"How are you doing?" Violet looked up as Jett approached, sliding into her booth in a hidden corner of the Siren's Call. The spiral just fiddled with her half-empty drink cup. She had just overheard Zeal and Seaberry telling Karma about their nest. It was not the first time Violet had heard them speak of the news, but it still hurt.

"I'm fine," She lied, not meeting Jett's gaze. She had noticed the skydancer drifting further apart, but she hadn't realize just how much she had cared for him until he had slipped away.

"I've got something that might cheer you up," Jett grinned.

"What?" Violet perked up, trying to distract herself from her heartbreak.

"Thorburn's plan worked!" Jett exclaimed, looking a little giddy. "A dragon named Gillian came today with news of the treasure! Thorburn's promised to help him look for it, but of course it's all just a trick. When we find it, we'll take it and split it three ways, and leave Gillian out in the cold!"

"Three ways?" Violet asked.

"Yeah, Zeal withdrew himself earlier today. Some nonsense about having a family to raise or something. Between you and me, I think he's going to make a run for it soon," Jett shrugged. "He doesn't strike me as the family type. It's a good thing you got out of things with him now, before you got hurt."

It's too late for that, Violet thought bitterly. She swished her drink around the cup, staring down at the table. She didn't know what to tell Jett. She had realized she had only ever agreed to take part in all this because Zeal wanted to, and then she agreed because she wanted to make Jett jealous. Double-crossing some poor dragon didn't really seem like something Violet was into, but she couldn't say no, not when Jett was so excited, not when he had such big plans. He was depending on her, she couldn't back out.

A part of her just wanted to go home, back to her parents, but the way Jett looked at her, eyes aglow with excitement and admiration, something within her melted.

"That's great news!" Violet faked a grin and downed the rest of her drink. "When do we start?"

So, I don't know if any of you listen to The Adventure Zone, but that new episode of Amnesty is really something.

Also, if the RNG could stop giving me one-egg nests, that would be great, thank you very much. This is my third one-egg nest in a row, and while I'm definitely not complaining about Coldstorm or Boo, or the fact that this guarantees me the hatchling because I have an at-least-one-survivor-per-nest rule, I would like some variety and some more clutchmate lore.

Death streak was a no go, thankfully, though I can't help but wonder how much longer this no-Coli spell will last. I was getting Coli items left and right when I was on my Coli hiatus, and then the moment I decide I'm good to go in the Coli again, nothing. I like my characters alive though, so I can't really complain.
Hehe, ALL the Spiral girls in one chapter!

And another deadbeat of a dad. Can I say that Seaberry has the worst taste, and it'll serve her right when the guy that she got involved with when he was... well, kinda-sorta taken, walks out on her?

And Karma potentially having multiple half-siblings she never asked for! Classic~
Hehe, ALL the Spiral girls in one chapter!

And another deadbeat of a dad. Can I say that Seaberry has the worst taste, and it'll serve her right when the guy that she got involved with when he was... well, kinda-sorta taken, walks out on her?

And Karma potentially having multiple half-siblings she never asked for! Classic~
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox

Between Zeal and Jett, all my spiral girls' stories have gotten intertwined in one way or another!

Yeah, Seaberry kind of has it coming this time. But also, it was too perfect an opportunity to miss when a ladies-man traveling dragon winds up in my lair!

If the RNG won't give me multiple siblings in the same nest, I'll find a way to make sibling lore myself!
@AlchemyFox

Between Zeal and Jett, all my spiral girls' stories have gotten intertwined in one way or another!

Yeah, Seaberry kind of has it coming this time. But also, it was too perfect an opportunity to miss when a ladies-man traveling dragon winds up in my lair!

If the RNG won't give me multiple siblings in the same nest, I'll find a way to make sibling lore myself!
Aw poor Karma, she's not having the best time at the moment is she? Although I'm hyped to see the nest hatch!!

Aw poor Karma, she's not having the best time at the moment is she? Although I'm hyped to see the nest hatch!!

lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

Karma is having a pretty rough time, though I agree, I'm hyped for the nest!!!
@Midwinter

Karma is having a pretty rough time, though I agree, I'm hyped for the nest!!!
"she was suddenly stopped by her mother and Zeal" aaaand I immediately know what's happened lol And ugh, weggs D: My fodder breeding pair has had three of them in the last four nests! And then of course there was Dawn and Smash's nest, but that one I don't begrudge them too much... just doesn't mean I'm writing about an egg dying, because the hatchling was, uh, too good to pass up. You'll see [emoji=mirror winking size=2]
"she was suddenly stopped by her mother and Zeal" aaaand I immediately know what's happened lol

And ugh, weggs D: My fodder breeding pair has had three of them in the last four nests! And then of course there was Dawn and Smash's nest, but that one I don't begrudge them too much... just doesn't mean I'm writing about an egg dying, because the hatchling was, uh, too good to pass up. You'll see
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see Dawn and Smash's baby now!!!! [emoji=mirror star size=2] There's a part of me that's tempted to snoop your lair to find out, but I'll wait for the chapter to be released. I can be patient. I hope.
@Leopardmask

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see Dawn and Smash's baby now!!!! There's a part of me that's tempted to snoop your lair to find out, but I'll wait for the chapter to be released. I can be patient. I hope.
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 141 142