Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] Blood Curse (a lorelocke)
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24
Glad to see you back! Those two hatchies are actually surprisingly pretty; I like Belenos the most :D
Glad to see you back! Those two hatchies are actually surprisingly pretty; I like Belenos the most :D
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@TheAwesoMew I prefer Cantorix myself, but Belenos is pretty too! Despite their lack of upgrades, I'm happy with how they turned out.
@TheAwesoMew I prefer Cantorix myself, but Belenos is pretty too! Despite their lack of upgrades, I'm happy with how they turned out.
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/battle_items/687.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer Well. WELL. Well. Of course the first dragon rngesus chooses is Mercuria. -------------------- Alexie and Irving traveled swiftly from the inn towards the lair. While Irving would have preferred to fly, Alexie didn't have his stamina when it came to the air, so ground travel it was. "So who is this Nocturne again?" Alexie asked. "Eltanin," Irving replied shortly. "Interesting name," the Imperial remarked. "You made sure he treats her well, right?" "If he hadn't we wouldn't have allowed him to stay," Irving responded, casting an unamused glance. "What? I had to ask," Alexie said defensively. "So what's he like?" "Not bad." "But you don't like him." "He's young, and impulsive, and foolish." "You see too much of yourself in him." Irving barely hid his grimace - the words struck too close to home. Alexie sighed. "The feeling is mutual. Is repeating the mistakes of past generations part of your curse, too?" "It might as well be," Irving acknowledged. Conversation cut off as the sounds of fighting filtered through the trees. "That can't be good," Alexie said worriedly. The two dragons pushed through the clearing. A massive golem had thundered in, and was swinging at the dragons guarding the cave. It roared in frustration as it missed. The sound was strange to Irving's ears. Something about it wasn't right. "Stay back!" Mercuria warned. "This thing is strong." "Awuuuuuuuuuuud!" the golem roared. "What do we do? We have to help them!" Alexie panicked. "Be quiet!" Irving hissed. When the golem opened it's mouth again, he listened. "BLOOOOOODDDDD," the golem was moaning. In that moment, he knew how to stop the creature. Irving hurled a bolt of magic against it's flank. "Over here!" he called. "Yes, that's it! Fight someone you have a chance of hitting!" "Are you insane?" Alexie yelped, fleeing back into the cover of the trees as the golem advanced. Irving just closed his eyes. The golem slammed it's fists down onto the Skydancer, then straightened. It stared down at it's handiwork for a moment, then crumbled into a pile of boulders. Alexie just stared at the remains of the golem in horror. Who would create such a thing, for such a purpose? --------------------- [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/467609/46760896_350.png[/img] RIP Irving. Sorry you had to die so soon. :( [emoji=skydancer]
687.png

@fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer

Well. WELL. Well.

Of course the first dragon rngesus chooses is Mercuria.

Alexie and Irving traveled swiftly from the inn towards the lair. While Irving would have preferred to fly, Alexie didn't have his stamina when it came to the air, so ground travel it was.

"So who is this Nocturne again?" Alexie asked.

"Eltanin," Irving replied shortly.

"Interesting name," the Imperial remarked. "You made sure he treats her well, right?"

"If he hadn't we wouldn't have allowed him to stay," Irving responded, casting an unamused glance.

"What? I had to ask," Alexie said defensively. "So what's he like?"

"Not bad."

"But you don't like him."

"He's young, and impulsive, and foolish."

"You see too much of yourself in him." Irving barely hid his grimace - the words struck too close to home. Alexie sighed. "The feeling is mutual. Is repeating the mistakes of past generations part of your curse, too?"

"It might as well be," Irving acknowledged.

Conversation cut off as the sounds of fighting filtered through the trees. "That can't be good," Alexie said worriedly. The two dragons pushed through the clearing.

A massive golem had thundered in, and was swinging at the dragons guarding the cave. It roared in frustration as it missed. The sound was strange to Irving's ears. Something about it wasn't right.

"Stay back!" Mercuria warned. "This thing is strong."

"Awuuuuuuuuuuud!" the golem roared.

"What do we do? We have to help them!" Alexie panicked.

"Be quiet!" Irving hissed. When the golem opened it's mouth again, he listened.

"BLOOOOOODDDDD," the golem was moaning. In that moment, he knew how to stop the creature. Irving hurled a bolt of magic against it's flank.

"Over here!" he called. "Yes, that's it! Fight someone you have a chance of hitting!"

"Are you insane?" Alexie yelped, fleeing back into the cover of the trees as the golem advanced. Irving just closed his eyes.

The golem slammed it's fists down onto the Skydancer, then straightened. It stared down at it's handiwork for a moment, then crumbled into a pile of boulders. Alexie just stared at the remains of the golem in horror.

Who would create such a thing, for such a purpose?

46760896_350.png

RIP Irving. Sorry you had to die so soon. :(
Noo, Irving!
Noo, Irving!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/battle_items/674.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer OH HELL NAW! Not again! How in all the heavens and hells did I get two in a row?? ----------------------------------------- It wasn't uncommon for attacks on smaller groups of dragons. At least, that's what Lunus kept telling himself. It happened quickly. The sound of a horn, then crude spears thudding into the ground nearby. Lunus leaped into the air, as did Kurozuki and Seacrest, the latter hurling bolts of magic almost as soon as he'd reached the top of his arc. But Skylar didn't follow. Lunus glanced down, spotting a tangle of hemp rope, silver scales, and purple wing. He divebombed the group of longnecks, sending them scattering. It was already too late. ---------------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46384356] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/463844/46384356_350.png[/img] [/url] Aww Skylar... Dangit, I don't have any words. RIP
674.png

OH HELL NAW! Not again! How in all the heavens and hells did I get two in a row??

It wasn't uncommon for attacks on smaller groups of dragons. At least, that's what Lunus kept telling himself.

It happened quickly. The sound of a horn, then crude spears thudding into the ground nearby. Lunus leaped into the air, as did Kurozuki and Seacrest, the latter hurling bolts of magic almost as soon as he'd reached the top of his arc. But Skylar didn't follow.

Lunus glanced down, spotting a tangle of hemp rope, silver scales, and purple wing. He divebombed the group of longnecks, sending them scattering.

It was already too late.

46384356_350.png

Aww Skylar... Dangit, I don't have any words. RIP
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/17370.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer I actually got something nice and non-deadly this time, so here's some art of Rashada and Blossom! [img]https://i.imgur.com/1TlYPNN.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/3IVQMg9.jpg[/img]
17370.png

I actually got something nice and non-deadly this time, so here's some art of Rashada and Blossom!

1TlYPNN.png
3IVQMg9.jpg
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/21419.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer I'm back! School got the better of me so I took a bit of an unscheduled hiatus. Anyway, I've restarted this thing and gotten a familiar for it. *sings* Going to the market, gonna find myself some dragons.... ---------------- After so much death, there was a long period of peace. Honestly, it made some sense, Sakurako pointed out. Things had to balance. Tragedy couldn't keep happening. And luckily, the hatchlings didn't remember all that happened during their childhood. Blossom's and Eltanin's hatchling, Belenos, was a brilliantly-scaled beauty just like his mother, and like his mother he turned heads. Perhaps because of the attention, he hadn't brought any dragon back to the lair for a long time - until he himself fell head over wings for another. To hear him talk, the full year of courting he'd spent was worth it, for she was a gorgeous being. Fraxina, on the other hand, had not yet settled down with anyone, not yet. She despised Belenos' obsession with the Imperial he'd brought back. To be fair, the two did go well together: Belenos had a hand for nature magic, and Elunaria had taught him much. But the two were way too enmeshed. Fraxina definitely did not want that. She was a free dragon, unbound by any sort of ties. "Then why do you think about that so much?" Fraxina asked herself aloud. Annoyed, she swiped a dead branch out of her path, feeling the satisfying crunch of the twig breaking. A strange whimpering reached her ears once the sound faded. It sounded almost like a birdcall, but no birdcall was that reptilian. She pushed through the foliage, tearing a path with the brute force her body leant her. Quickly, a spotted form appeared in front of her, clearly injured. A spiral, with dark pink and white scales. The poor thing was completely incoherent, probably due to the horrific wounds it had suffered. Fraxina did the first thing she could think of, and draped the dragon around her neck, at a soft spot where her spines bent at her shoulders. Then, she flew back toward the cave. ------------------------------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688299] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516883/51688299_350.png[/img] [/url] Everyone, meet the newbie! Isn't he adorable?
21419.png

I'm back! School got the better of me so I took a bit of an unscheduled hiatus.

Anyway, I've restarted this thing and gotten a familiar for it. *sings* Going to the market, gonna find myself some dragons....

After so much death, there was a long period of peace. Honestly, it made some sense, Sakurako pointed out. Things had to balance. Tragedy couldn't keep happening. And luckily, the hatchlings didn't remember all that happened during their childhood.

Blossom's and Eltanin's hatchling, Belenos, was a brilliantly-scaled beauty just like his mother, and like his mother he turned heads. Perhaps because of the attention, he hadn't brought any dragon back to the lair for a long time - until he himself fell head over wings for another. To hear him talk, the full year of courting he'd spent was worth it, for she was a gorgeous being.

Fraxina, on the other hand, had not yet settled down with anyone, not yet. She despised Belenos' obsession with the Imperial he'd brought back. To be fair, the two did go well together: Belenos had a hand for nature magic, and Elunaria had taught him much. But the two were way too enmeshed. Fraxina definitely did not want that. She was a free dragon, unbound by any sort of ties.

"Then why do you think about that so much?" Fraxina asked herself aloud. Annoyed, she swiped a dead branch out of her path, feeling the satisfying crunch of the twig breaking. A strange whimpering reached her ears once the sound faded. It sounded almost like a birdcall, but no birdcall was that reptilian. She pushed through the foliage, tearing a path with the brute force her body leant her. Quickly, a spotted form appeared in front of her, clearly injured. A spiral, with dark pink and white scales. The poor thing was completely incoherent, probably due to the horrific wounds it had suffered.

Fraxina did the first thing she could think of, and draped the dragon around her neck, at a soft spot where her spines bent at her shoulders. Then, she flew back toward the cave.

51688299_350.png

Everyone, meet the newbie! Isn't he adorable?
Ooooo the opal looks stunning on that boi! I love him c:
Ooooo the opal looks stunning on that boi! I love him c:
If I'm OP, I'm SUBBED! Sig_Banner.png sig_by_farsidejr-dckwam8.png
@Farsidejr Me too hehe, he's gonna get all the splurging - mystic sage gear and some of that new nebulous star stuff looks really good on him.
Not Found
@Farsidejr Me too hehe, he's gonna get all the splurging - mystic sage gear and some of that new nebulous star stuff looks really good on him.
Not Found
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/11812.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer Got a material today. Of course it said trinket - I guess FlightRising is about as bad as Blizzard at fixing certain bugs. -------------------------------------------- The spotted Spiral was resting easy in a makeshift bed. Arya had diagnosed him - his wounds were perfectly treatable, he'd just overexerted himself attempting to get away from whatever attacked him, and come down sick. Fraxina felt sorry for the dragon. He would wake up in a strange place with strangers surrounding him. At least he would be safe. Currently, she lay on the ledge above the lair entrance, a little more awake than the others who sprawled in the summer sun. She also had no idea that, just a short ways up the cliffside and a little to the east, another pair of dragons were doing about the same thing. Rashada and Ambrosius, for their parts, also had no idea how close they were to the clan Ambrosius had termed "Mother's Mortal Enemies." They just knew that this cave was a place no Imperial would think to go to at first: high in the air, it was a strain for Ambrosius to reach. Which meant it was probably safe from his brother, and most everything else. A good thing, considering the eggs Rashada now curled around. "You don't [i]have [/i]to camoflage the entrance," Rashada pointed out as Ambrosius forced vines and rocks into place. "Better safe than sorry," Ambrosius replied, grunting. "It's so much work. Why even?" "Because Anicetus is a horrible scryer," he replied. "He might be able to figure out where the lair is, but won't be able to find the exact location this way." "If your brother wanted to find us, he could have. You remember how we left him in the Tangled Wood. He won't find us if his life depended on it." Rashada frowned at him as he turned to face her. "I know that." Ambrosius walked away from the construction and settled down next to her, slumping. "I'm not afraid of Anicetus. I'm afraid of what killed Mother. And I'm afraid that if they find us, I won't be able to protect you, and them. So can you please be quiet so I can finish this?" "You can finish whatever you were building... or you can find the nearest arcane dragon specializing in illusion magic and save you several days of work."
11812.png

Got a material today. Of course it said trinket - I guess FlightRising is about as bad as Blizzard at fixing certain bugs.

The spotted Spiral was resting easy in a makeshift bed. Arya had diagnosed him - his wounds were perfectly treatable, he'd just overexerted himself attempting to get away from whatever attacked him, and come down sick. Fraxina felt sorry for the dragon. He would wake up in a strange place with strangers surrounding him. At least he would be safe.

Currently, she lay on the ledge above the lair entrance, a little more awake than the others who sprawled in the summer sun. She also had no idea that, just a short ways up the cliffside and a little to the east, another pair of dragons were doing about the same thing.

Rashada and Ambrosius, for their parts, also had no idea how close they were to the clan Ambrosius had termed "Mother's Mortal Enemies." They just knew that this cave was a place no Imperial would think to go to at first: high in the air, it was a strain for Ambrosius to reach. Which meant it was probably safe from his brother, and most everything else. A good thing, considering the eggs Rashada now curled around.

"You don't have to camoflage the entrance," Rashada pointed out as Ambrosius forced vines and rocks into place.

"Better safe than sorry," Ambrosius replied, grunting.

"It's so much work. Why even?"

"Because Anicetus is a horrible scryer," he replied. "He might be able to figure out where the lair is, but won't be able to find the exact location this way."

"If your brother wanted to find us, he could have. You remember how we left him in the Tangled Wood. He won't find us if his life depended on it." Rashada frowned at him as he turned to face her.

"I know that." Ambrosius walked away from the construction and settled down next to her, slumping. "I'm not afraid of Anicetus. I'm afraid of what killed Mother. And I'm afraid that if they find us, I won't be able to protect you, and them. So can you please be quiet so I can finish this?"

"You can finish whatever you were building... or you can find the nearest arcane dragon specializing in illusion magic and save you several days of work."
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24