Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Changing Tides - A Pinkerlocke [FAILIURE
1 2
Short Summary A simple hatchlings game of hide and seek gone horribly wrong. They end up stranded on a land far from Sornieth, and must make the journey back home. Three naive juveniles must fight their way to the top, and learn to survive in this lethal ecosystem.

Welcome to my FIRST Pinkerlocke, feel free to ping me if i forget about a day unless I say I can't do it that day. I'm making the first 3 my own hatchlings to make it more heart wrenching.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162 The rules thing

Short Summary A simple hatchlings game of hide and seek gone horribly wrong. They end up stranded on a land far from Sornieth, and must make the journey back home. Three naive juveniles must fight their way to the top, and learn to survive in this lethal ecosystem.

Welcome to my FIRST Pinkerlocke, feel free to ping me if i forget about a day unless I say I can't do it that day. I'm making the first 3 my own hatchlings to make it more heart wrenching.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162 The rules thing

Roster: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/183797217075658762/459228283863695361/dragon.png[/img] [b]DECEASED, DAY 12[/b] Meet Caria, who's name means Love in Welsh, without the D. She was from a wegg nest, her father has been sold off to a loving home her mother is a siren for a living AND SHES HECKIN PRETTY ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418821/41882024_350.png[/img] [b]DECEASED, DAY 2[/b] Meet Varuna, who's name just sounds pretty. She is just a pretty hatchling i have kept. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name: Zaulo, who's name is a mix of magic in german and plant in xhosa. Found him on the ah for 8g and took the opportunity. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/425475/42547486_350.png[/img]
Roster:

dragon.png
DECEASED, DAY 12
Meet Caria, who's name means Love in Welsh, without the D.
She was from a wegg nest, her father has been sold off to a loving home
her mother is a siren for a living
AND SHES HECKIN PRETTY
41882024_350.png
DECEASED, DAY 2
Meet Varuna, who's name just sounds pretty.
She is just a pretty hatchling i have kept.
Name: Zaulo, who's name is a mix of magic in german and plant in xhosa.
Found him on the ah for 8g and took the opportunity.
42547486_350.png
DAY 1- STRANDED Item - [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/101834086737272832/459373261692600322/4371.png[/img] Sentence - 30- 40 battles [b]Varuna[/b] Day 1 on this horrid island, monster attacks all around. It started off rough, Caria is too young to fight. 2 battles in, Zaulo gets knocked out(not dead, unconscious) by a Contuse from a Crimson Emperor. We were forced to flee the scene. Battle 10, things are going good. We are learning the way of the land, and how to defeat each enemy in the 'Training Grounds'. At around battle 20, we wander into the Woodland Path, where 2 Cockatrices jump out of the brush. They get the first move, and both strike Zaulo. We fight back with everything we know, eventually slaying the beasts, with some severe injuries. A few potions should fix that up. Battle 30, we start to toughen up, learning that this environment is much more deadly than the Training Fields. Battle 40, we had to flee the instant the enemies arrived, as a Grouse Basilisk sliced my wing pretty bad. As we head back to base camp, Caria greets us with a smile, holding some bandages made of leaves and vines, and led us into our new base camp. She's quite smart for being so young, as she has an eel larvae already cooking. As they went to sleep on the first night, they felt more confident about thier survival.
DAY 1- STRANDED
Item - 4371.png
Sentence - 30- 40 battles
Varuna
Day 1 on this horrid island, monster attacks all around. It started off rough, Caria is too young to fight. 2 battles in, Zaulo gets knocked out(not dead, unconscious) by a Contuse from a Crimson Emperor. We were forced to flee the scene. Battle 10, things are going good. We are learning the way of the land, and how to defeat each enemy in the 'Training Grounds'. At around battle 20, we wander into the Woodland Path, where 2 Cockatrices jump out of the brush. They get the first move, and both strike Zaulo. We fight back with everything we know, eventually slaying the beasts, with some severe injuries. A few potions should fix that up. Battle 30, we start to toughen up, learning that this environment is much more deadly than the Training Fields. Battle 40, we had to flee the instant the enemies arrived, as a Grouse Basilisk sliced my wing pretty bad. As we head back to base camp, Caria greets us with a smile, holding some bandages made of leaves and vines, and led us into our new base camp. She's quite smart for being so young, as she has an eel larvae already cooking. As they went to sleep on the first night, they felt more confident about thier survival.

DAY 2- TRAPPED
Item: Berserker (too lazy to put a pic)
Sentence: Flip a coin: HEADS! DEATH STREAK!
Zaulo
As me and Varuna left the camp, waving goodbye to Caria, something seemed off. As they trotted through the Woodland path, no monsters attacked immediately. It was completely silent, except for the rustling of the leaves. I skidded to a halt and Varuna followed suit as we both felt suspicious, something was not right. I heard the bushes rustle on all sides, and we were surrounded in an instant. Monsters of different elements and different species, purposely trapping us for a gladiator like event, where they ARE the arena walls. They sent in some basilisks, which wore us down, then when the Greenroot Janustraps came into the ring, something horrible happened. Before we could react, one shot a massive blast, striking Varuna right through the heart. I screamed in horror as the once lively bogsneak fell limp before me. I frantically darted my eyes around, the Janustraps were getting closer. Without thinking, I jumped onto one of their heads and bolted back to camp. Everything went too fast. I'm alone.. I thought as I started to panic even more. Alone on an island full of coordinating monsters.. When I got back to camp, Caria's smile faded fast, as I was alone. I didn't even have to share the news, we just flopped on the leaf covered floor together and hugged it out. "Everyth..thing is going to be ok, Caria.. I..I promise.."
DAY 2- TRAPPED
Item: Berserker (too lazy to put a pic)
Sentence: Flip a coin: HEADS! DEATH STREAK!
Zaulo
As me and Varuna left the camp, waving goodbye to Caria, something seemed off. As they trotted through the Woodland path, no monsters attacked immediately. It was completely silent, except for the rustling of the leaves. I skidded to a halt and Varuna followed suit as we both felt suspicious, something was not right. I heard the bushes rustle on all sides, and we were surrounded in an instant. Monsters of different elements and different species, purposely trapping us for a gladiator like event, where they ARE the arena walls. They sent in some basilisks, which wore us down, then when the Greenroot Janustraps came into the ring, something horrible happened. Before we could react, one shot a massive blast, striking Varuna right through the heart. I screamed in horror as the once lively bogsneak fell limp before me. I frantically darted my eyes around, the Janustraps were getting closer. Without thinking, I jumped onto one of their heads and bolted back to camp. Everything went too fast. I'm alone.. I thought as I started to panic even more. Alone on an island full of coordinating monsters.. When I got back to camp, Caria's smile faded fast, as I was alone. I didn't even have to share the news, we just flopped on the leaf covered floor together and hugged it out. "Everyth..thing is going to be ok, Caria.. I..I promise.."
DAY 3- VENGEANCE
Item: some fish thing
Sentence: 30-40 battles. With one dragon. A mage. Alone.
Zaulo
I stormed out of camp the next morning, trying to push the vision of Varuna's horrified face as the bolt struck her through the heart. I growled to myself "It's all my fault.. She's gone." I stayed in the training fields, honing my skills and fueling my attacks with pure rage. 40 battles later, I was done. No serious injury, nothing special. As I was trotting back to basecamp with a mouthful of insects, something caught my eye. A small, blue and red amphibian, which looked at me, turning its head to the side and croaking. I approached it slowly, cooing "H..Hey little guy, I won't hurt you" and it leaped on my head. I guess it was meant to be, as the frog followed me the whole way back to camp.
DAY 3- VENGEANCE
Item: some fish thing
Sentence: 30-40 battles. With one dragon. A mage. Alone.
Zaulo
I stormed out of camp the next morning, trying to push the vision of Varuna's horrified face as the bolt struck her through the heart. I growled to myself "It's all my fault.. She's gone." I stayed in the training fields, honing my skills and fueling my attacks with pure rage. 40 battles later, I was done. No serious injury, nothing special. As I was trotting back to basecamp with a mouthful of insects, something caught my eye. A small, blue and red amphibian, which looked at me, turning its head to the side and croaking. I approached it slowly, cooing "H..Hey little guy, I won't hurt you" and it leaped on my head. I guess it was meant to be, as the frog followed me the whole way back to camp.
@EnderAxolotl

I'm sorry, just wondering how to do one of these...?
@EnderAxolotl

I'm sorry, just wondering how to do one of these...?
Oh, did i forget to put the rules link? I'm sorry! Basically, what you draw from pinkerton every day is what you have to do for the locke
Food = coliseum battles
Materials = writing
Trinkets = art
Familiars = get a dragon from the ah to participate
Apparel = breed
and finally battle stones = D E A T H S T R E A K
Death streak: Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK, 10 coli battles in a row no fleeing
Tails = nothing

If a dragon dies in the coli, they get exalted
Heres the link! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162
@tacotwix
Oh, did i forget to put the rules link? I'm sorry! Basically, what you draw from pinkerton every day is what you have to do for the locke
Food = coliseum battles
Materials = writing
Trinkets = art
Familiars = get a dragon from the ah to participate
Apparel = breed
and finally battle stones = D E A T H S T R E A K
Death streak: Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK, 10 coli battles in a row no fleeing
Tails = nothing

If a dragon dies in the coli, they get exalted
Heres the link! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162
@tacotwix
DAY 4/5: Item: Lady bug/ some trinket Sentence: 20-30 battles/ ART! [b]Zaulo[/b] It was a hot day today, my new pet frog was keeping my mind off of.. [i]her[/i].. As I trained in silence, all except the whistling of blasts flying through the air, and the rustling of the grass as I start to stand off with the foes. Buisness as usual. After a while, I started to practice something new, for when Caria grows up. I will not let another close to me get ripped away from me. I eventually train myself to create a regenerative aura around me, and started to relax. The day ends and I return to camp with a smile, hugging Caria and going to sleep, the frog resting on my paw. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/7d0d703d3438349fb4116328f9e3e472-png.jpg[/img] Drawing of the angery sad boi, Zaulo.
DAY 4/5:
Item: Lady bug/ some trinket
Sentence: 20-30 battles/ ART!
Zaulo
It was a hot day today, my new pet frog was keeping my mind off of.. her.. As I trained in silence, all except the whistling of blasts flying through the air, and the rustling of the grass as I start to stand off with the foes. Buisness as usual. After a while, I started to practice something new, for when Caria grows up. I will not let another close to me get ripped away from me. I eventually train myself to create a regenerative aura around me, and started to relax. The day ends and I return to camp with a smile, hugging Caria and going to sleep, the frog resting on my paw.
7d0d703d3438349fb4116328f9e3e472-png.jpg
Drawing of the angery sad boi, Zaulo.
DAY 6: BREAKING POINT
ITEM: Broad Footed Mole
Sentence: 50-60 coli battles (whyyyy)

Caria
I am SO EXCITED today! Zaulo is letting me fight in the Woodland Path today! While he is away, I have been observing enemies that come near our camp, and noting their actions and behaviors, for future RESEARCH! I have been preparing for this moment since we landed on the island. As we race out of camp, Zaulo cracks a smile for the first time since Varuna died. Fights are exhilarating, the thrill alone of facing off against unknown beasts makes my heart race. Zaulo even let me make the final blow on a Janustrap! After an exhausting training session, we started to head back to camp. I asked Zaulo "What happened to Varuna.. When she died? What killed he-" He cut me off with a snarl "We DO NOT talk about her." and there was silence the whole way back. I pouted when we got back, working on a hammock as I let out a small whimper. Zaulo completely snapped shortly after. He screeched "I'm so sorry Caria! I just don't want to.. to LOSE someone else close to me.. S..SHE WAS LIKE A SISTER!" I flinched, and leaped into his fur in a hug. I didn't know how hurtful I was, and how shockingly scarring this event is, and almost cried "I..it's ok.. You will not lose me, I will stay strong" and squeezed him tighter.When we let go, I tested my new hammock and quickly fell asleep.
DAY 6: BREAKING POINT
ITEM: Broad Footed Mole
Sentence: 50-60 coli battles (whyyyy)

Caria
I am SO EXCITED today! Zaulo is letting me fight in the Woodland Path today! While he is away, I have been observing enemies that come near our camp, and noting their actions and behaviors, for future RESEARCH! I have been preparing for this moment since we landed on the island. As we race out of camp, Zaulo cracks a smile for the first time since Varuna died. Fights are exhilarating, the thrill alone of facing off against unknown beasts makes my heart race. Zaulo even let me make the final blow on a Janustrap! After an exhausting training session, we started to head back to camp. I asked Zaulo "What happened to Varuna.. When she died? What killed he-" He cut me off with a snarl "We DO NOT talk about her." and there was silence the whole way back. I pouted when we got back, working on a hammock as I let out a small whimper. Zaulo completely snapped shortly after. He screeched "I'm so sorry Caria! I just don't want to.. to LOSE someone else close to me.. S..SHE WAS LIKE A SISTER!" I flinched, and leaped into his fur in a hug. I didn't know how hurtful I was, and how shockingly scarring this event is, and almost cried "I..it's ok.. You will not lose me, I will stay strong" and squeezed him tighter.When we let go, I tested my new hammock and quickly fell asleep.
DAY 7 - ANARCHIST AMPHIBIAN
ITEM: Red worm
Sentence: 20-30 battles
(OH MY GOD I GOT MORPH, FIRST EVER GOOD COLI DROP)
Zaulo
I am so upset right now. Last night I yelled at sweet, kind, precious Caria, my only connection to what we have lost. I have been telling her sorry the whole morning, even when she got annoyed with me and I had to say sorry for saying sorry. When we went out to do some training, I gasped as something large and glowing scarlet leaped across our path. I stood my ground, widening my stance and snarling, protecting Caria with my wings, when the little dart frog leaped off of my head, wandering toward where the creature went. A part of my heart died when the large creature's tongue emerged through the shadows, snapping at the little frog. As the frog was dragged into the darkness, Caria whimpered and pressed up against me, and I started to cry. Caria started to bawl, and I whimpered "Now how will I stay calm.." Caria locked her gaze on mine, amber orange meets sapphire blue. She replied "I.. I will. What else am I going to do anyways" and I playfully nudged her "You have done quite well fighting recently, admit it~. Want to race back?" She nodded, and we sprinted back. Caria won the race, and we quickly fell asleep as soon as we got back to camp.
DAY 7 - ANARCHIST AMPHIBIAN
ITEM: Red worm
Sentence: 20-30 battles
(OH MY GOD I GOT MORPH, FIRST EVER GOOD COLI DROP)
Zaulo
I am so upset right now. Last night I yelled at sweet, kind, precious Caria, my only connection to what we have lost. I have been telling her sorry the whole morning, even when she got annoyed with me and I had to say sorry for saying sorry. When we went out to do some training, I gasped as something large and glowing scarlet leaped across our path. I stood my ground, widening my stance and snarling, protecting Caria with my wings, when the little dart frog leaped off of my head, wandering toward where the creature went. A part of my heart died when the large creature's tongue emerged through the shadows, snapping at the little frog. As the frog was dragged into the darkness, Caria whimpered and pressed up against me, and I started to cry. Caria started to bawl, and I whimpered "Now how will I stay calm.." Caria locked her gaze on mine, amber orange meets sapphire blue. She replied "I.. I will. What else am I going to do anyways" and I playfully nudged her "You have done quite well fighting recently, admit it~. Want to race back?" She nodded, and we sprinted back. Caria won the race, and we quickly fell asleep as soon as we got back to camp.
1 2