Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Framed
1 2 3
Framed
A Pinkerlocke

Basic rules:

A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!)
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

OR

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

(These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.
Framed
A Pinkerlocke

Basic rules:

A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!)
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

OR

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

(These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

When on your way out
Be sure that you say goodbye
Then lock the door tight.

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center][size=5][b]Cast[/b][/size] [/center] [left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41595456] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415955/41595456_350.png[/img] [/url][/left] [right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41592894] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415929/41592894_350.png[/img] [/url][/right] [left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41589717] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415898/41589717_350.png[/img] [/url][/left]
Cast

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center][size=5][b]Graveyard[/b][/size][/center] [center] Cassus [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/416665/41666462_350.png[/img] Lived from day 3 to day 8. Died on day 9. Cause of death: Killed by Miri[/center]
Graveyard

Cassus
41666462_350.png

Lived from day 3 to day 8. Died on day 9. Cause of death: Killed by Miri

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
Pinglist

@TheAwesoMew
Pinglist

@TheAwesoMew

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center]Day 1 [item=copper gear] i can't draw haha[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=35&bodygene=18&breed=12&element=3&gender=0&tert=101&tertgene=10&winggene=19&wings=79&auth=efb752748033a708656a726dec4e23d36d80f32a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Terror was running. Away from the law, away from his home, away from his mother's dead body. His mother had been killed, and Terror had been framed. He was very young, but he understood the concept of false accusations. Terror looked behind himself, and saw the dragons who were chasing him were far behind, but they could still catch up with him. Suddenly, Terror felt himself flying, but then falling and rolling, and his world became a bit darker. [i]I have to keep moving,[/i] Terror thought. He stood up, but his legs wobbled and made him fall down. He outran himself. [i]This is it,[/i] Terror thought. [i]They're gonna trample me. All I can do is wait for my death.[/i] Terror closed his eyes as he heard the thunder of footsteps hitting the plagued ground... ...and as they went past him. [i]Huh?[/i] Terror thought, thinking he was dead. Terror looked around him, and then he noticed it. He was in a cave. "Thank the Eleven!" Terror muttered. Using the last of his strength, he pulled himself farther into the cave. He saw a light flickering, but he didn't care. He was too tired to care. Terror drifted off into sleep, silently thanking the gods for this blessing.
Day 1
Copper Gear
i can't draw haha
dragon?age=0&body=35&bodygene=18&breed=12&element=3&gender=0&tert=101&tertgene=10&winggene=19&wings=79&auth=efb752748033a708656a726dec4e23d36d80f32a&dummyext=prev.png

Terror was running. Away from the law, away from his home, away from his mother's dead body. His mother had been killed, and Terror had been framed. He was very young, but he understood the concept of false accusations. Terror looked behind himself, and saw the dragons who were chasing him were far behind, but they could still catch up with him.

Suddenly, Terror felt himself flying, but then falling and rolling, and his world became a bit darker. I have to keep moving, Terror thought. He stood up, but his legs wobbled and made him fall down. He outran himself. This is it, Terror thought. They're gonna trample me. All I can do is wait for my death. Terror closed his eyes as he heard the thunder of footsteps hitting the plagued ground...

...and as they went past him. Huh? Terror thought, thinking he was dead. Terror looked around him, and then he noticed it. He was in a cave. "Thank the Eleven!" Terror muttered. Using the last of his strength, he pulled himself farther into the cave. He saw a light flickering, but he didn't care. He was too tired to care. Terror drifted off into sleep, silently thanking the gods for this blessing.

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center]Day 2 [item=sunbeam rotala] pinkerton they're all babies[/center] Terror woke up, the smell of cooking seafood tickling his nostrils. He was safe. He had his mother. Then he remembered where he was. His mother was dead. The happiness that was in his heart turned into a cold sorrow. Then he heard it. "When's Papa gonna be back?" "I don't think he's coming back. Ever." Terror realized that these dragons he heard were orphaned, like him. He ran to the voices, a small spark of hope in his heart. The voice grew louder. "Papa? Papa? Is that you?" one of the voices said, belonging to a young boy, by the sound of it. Terror's feet stopped when he saw them. A Tunda and a Wildclaw. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=73&bodygene=21&breed=6&element=5&gender=0&tert=86&tertgene=16&winggene=21&wings=121&auth=aae2abd12873d51d27b57794d6b3fa80c4541a6b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "Oh. It isn't Papa..." the Tundra said, his voice trailing off. He turned his back to Terror, and his head drooped. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=12&bodygene=5&breed=10&element=8&gender=1&tert=177&tertgene=8&winggene=12&wings=16&auth=52cce9237acdb026628d1c049c0bdfcb1b981783&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Looking at Terror, the Wildclaw asked "Who are you?" "I- my mother- she's... she's..." Terror managed to get out of his mouth. Suddenly, he burst into tears. The events of the past day had shattered him too much. "Shh, it's gonna be okay," the Wildclaw said. "I'm Theory, and the Tundra is Pixel." she said. "Pixel, come over here. He didn't mean to hurt you." Pixel walked over to them, and laid down. He draped his wings over the two. Terror couldn't remember much else of that night. He just remembered Theory comforting him as he fell asleep. Terror knew this much: he could trust these two.
Day 2
Sunbeam Rotala
pinkerton they're all babies

Terror woke up, the smell of cooking seafood tickling his nostrils. He was safe. He had his mother.

Then he remembered where he was. His mother was dead. The happiness that was in his heart turned into a cold sorrow.

Then he heard it.

"When's Papa gonna be back?"

"I don't think he's coming back. Ever."

Terror realized that these dragons he heard were orphaned, like him. He ran to the voices, a small spark of hope in his heart. The voice grew louder. "Papa? Papa? Is that you?" one of the voices said, belonging to a young boy, by the sound of it. Terror's feet stopped when he saw them. A Tunda and a Wildclaw.
dragon?age=0&body=73&bodygene=21&breed=6&element=5&gender=0&tert=86&tertgene=16&winggene=21&wings=121&auth=aae2abd12873d51d27b57794d6b3fa80c4541a6b&dummyext=prev.png

"Oh. It isn't Papa..." the Tundra said, his voice trailing off. He turned his back to Terror, and his head drooped.
dragon?age=0&body=12&bodygene=5&breed=10&element=8&gender=1&tert=177&tertgene=8&winggene=12&wings=16&auth=52cce9237acdb026628d1c049c0bdfcb1b981783&dummyext=prev.png

Looking at Terror, the Wildclaw asked "Who are you?"

"I- my mother- she's... she's..." Terror managed to get out of his mouth. Suddenly, he burst into tears. The events of the past day had shattered him too much.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay," the Wildclaw said. "I'm Theory, and the Tundra is Pixel." she said. "Pixel, come over here. He didn't mean to hurt you."

Pixel walked over to them, and laid down. He draped his wings over the two.

Terror couldn't remember much else of that night. He just remembered Theory comforting him as he fell asleep. Terror knew this much: he could trust these two.

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center]Day 3 [item= armored greatowl][/center] Terror woke up. He looked around in the cave, but only saw Theory. Theory filled him in before he could ask. "Pixel's looking around for food. In the cave. There's a path around the entrance to the cave, and if ya go through it, there's a lotta food there," Theory said. Terror was running that through his head, when he heard some thumping at the entrance of the cave. "Pixel?" Terror muttered. He wasn't sure of what was wrong, but he felt that something was. Then he saw it. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=71&bodygene=6&breed=11&element=7&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=0&winggene=7&wings=145&auth=65e9b007c0187a17c95f0e8c9fbe52afcde6c37f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] A Nocturne, younger than him. He was frail, and it would be a miracle if he was still breathing. "Can he stay here? Please?" Pixel asked. Theory hesitated a bit. "Um... sure!" she said, after a moment of silence. "Wait... Pixel, you got food back there, right?" "Umm... yes?" Pixel said, quietly. "LIAR! C'mon, we need food!" Theory bellowed. Clearly scared of his sister's anger, Pixel ran off to get food. Terror chuckled. A bit of humor when all hope was lost wasn't so bad.
Day 3
Armored Greatowl

Terror woke up. He looked around in the cave, but only saw Theory. Theory filled him in before he could ask. "Pixel's looking around for food. In the cave. There's a path around the entrance to the cave, and if ya go through it, there's a lotta food there," Theory said. Terror was running that through his head, when he heard some thumping at the entrance of the cave.

"Pixel?" Terror muttered. He wasn't sure of what was wrong, but he felt that something was. Then he saw it.
dragon?age=0&body=71&bodygene=6&breed=11&element=7&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=0&winggene=7&wings=145&auth=65e9b007c0187a17c95f0e8c9fbe52afcde6c37f&dummyext=prev.png

A Nocturne, younger than him. He was frail, and it would be a miracle if he was still breathing.

"Can he stay here? Please?" Pixel asked.

Theory hesitated a bit. "Um... sure!" she said, after a moment of silence. "Wait... Pixel, you got food back there, right?"

"Umm... yes?" Pixel said, quietly.

"LIAR! C'mon, we need food!" Theory bellowed.

Clearly scared of his sister's anger, Pixel ran off to get food. Terror chuckled. A bit of humor when all hope was lost wasn't so bad.

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center]Day 4 [item=waterskin][/center] The Nocturne was still asleep. Terror sighed. Babysitting an unconscious dragon wasn't fun. At all. Terror took some of the meat from the food Pixel and Theory had gotten yesterday, and put it in front of the Nocturne. After what felt like hours, but was only a few minutes, the Nocturne's nose twitched. Its eyes slowly opened. The deep, purple eyes settled on the meat. Suddenly, the blue dragon shot towards the meat, and ate it up in a matter of seconds. The Nocturne looked towards Terror. "What's your name?" "T-Terror" the Coatl said, still reacting from the way the Nocturne ate the food. "Yours?" "Cassus." he said. "There anyone else?" "Yes, two others. They're getting food." Terror replied. Cassus waited a minute. "Are you guys orphaned?" "Y-yes..." Terror said, gloomily. "Oh." Cassus said. He was silent after that. Terror and Cassus went back to doing what they were doing earlier: nothing.
Day 4
Waterskin

The Nocturne was still asleep. Terror sighed. Babysitting an unconscious dragon wasn't fun. At all. Terror took some of the meat from the food Pixel and Theory had gotten yesterday, and put it in front of the Nocturne. After what felt like hours, but was only a few minutes, the Nocturne's nose twitched.

Its eyes slowly opened. The deep, purple eyes settled on the meat. Suddenly, the blue dragon shot towards the meat, and ate it up in a matter of seconds. The Nocturne looked towards Terror. "What's your name?"

"T-Terror" the Coatl said, still reacting from the way the Nocturne ate the food. "Yours?"

"Cassus." he said. "There anyone else?"

"Yes, two others. They're getting food." Terror replied.

Cassus waited a minute. "Are you guys orphaned?"

"Y-yes..." Terror said, gloomily.

"Oh." Cassus said. He was silent after that. Terror and Cassus went back to doing what they were doing earlier: nothing.

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center]Day 5 [item=mage's walnut overcoat] PINKERTON![/center] "I want to get revenge," said Terror. "On my mom's murderer." "That's a good idea," said Pixel, eating some plants, "but how would we even do that? We haven't even seen her body." "Maybe we could go tomorrow? You'd all be adolescents, an' you could fight off any monsters that come near us." Cassus suggested. "And we could do an autopsy. Narrow it down, y'know." Theory said, quietly. "So it's settled," Terror said bravely. "Tomorrow we go to my old house, and start avenging my mother." [center]~~~[/center] "Sir, our spies have figured out the Coatl's location." said a voice. "AND?" bellowed a larger, more powerful voice. "In a cave. We could take you there in the morning. You could-" "NO!" said the second voice. "Was there anyone else with him?" "Y-y-yes, a Nocturne, a Tundra, and a Wildclaw." "Kill his friends, one by one." "Of course," said the second voice. "And Berus?" "Yes?' said Berus. "Make sure the little brat comes back alive. I want to see him die."
Day 5
Mage's Walnut Overcoat
PINKERTON!

"I want to get revenge," said Terror. "On my mom's murderer."

"That's a good idea," said Pixel, eating some plants, "but how would we even do that? We haven't even seen her body."

"Maybe we could go tomorrow? You'd all be adolescents, an' you could fight off any monsters that come near us." Cassus suggested.

"And we could do an autopsy. Narrow it down, y'know." Theory said, quietly.

"So it's settled," Terror said bravely. "Tomorrow we go to my old house, and start avenging my mother."
~~~

"Sir, our spies have figured out the Coatl's location." said a voice.

"AND?" bellowed a larger, more powerful voice.

"In a cave. We could take you there in the morning. You could-"

"NO!" said the second voice. "Was there anyone else with him?"

"Y-y-yes, a Nocturne, a Tundra, and a Wildclaw."

"Kill his friends, one by one."

"Of course," said the second voice.

"And Berus?"

"Yes?' said Berus.

"Make sure the little brat comes back alive. I want to see him die."

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
@CosmicTrash

Could I be pinged for new additions to this Pinkerlocke? I am quite intrigued by your story and characters!
@CosmicTrash

Could I be pinged for new additions to this Pinkerlocke? I am quite intrigued by your story and characters!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 3