Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Trust me [Hiatus]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][font=Castellar]Day 77[/font] [item=Scholar] @LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine[/center] "Okay, who are you and why are you here?!" "My name's Petro", the skydancer sighed. "I live near Carum. I saw those scary dragons aim at you and well, who wouldn't like to be the knight in shining armor?" So far, it went good for him. Kill the first imp, separate the second one from the others. The tundra and guardian were none of his business. All he'd have to focus on was bringing this one down. She was the one responsible for his father's death, after all. "Who the heck lives near an empire city if they have a choice?" "Hey, I'm a skydancer! You probably can't tell from the name, but I need to spread my wings every now and then without getting them soaking wet!" And isolating her couldn't hurt. "Thana! Girl, I've been worried sick!" "You again, Asani." "Hey! Aren't you glad to see us?" "Shade yeah, I am. You two 'kay?" Welp. That was troublesome. Coin flip: tails ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 78[/font] [item=Small Chunk of Granite] @/LadyOptimism @/Stri @/Nargeorgicorn @/MitraSunshine[/center] Fennec huffed in exhaustion, retreating from Stormwind's cave. "What's it, kiddo?", Specs asked, raising an eyebrow. She shot him a dry look. "Is she always like this?" He shrugged. "Her mom was a skydancer and her assistant was a spiral. She's probably adapted from them. I recall her being a little more reserved when we were younger, but as I said, I haven't seen her that much since." "It's rude to talk about dragons behind their back, peeps!", Stormwind chimed in. "But thanks for making me the most important thing in your life, anyway!" "It's rude to eavesdrop, too", Specs answered. She laughed. "You got me there." ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 79[/font] [item=Mangled Textile] @/LadyOptimism @/Stri @/Nargeorgicorn @/MitraSunshine[/center] "I'm not sure about him", Asani declared. Petro winced. "Me either", Thana added. Coral frowned and scrunched her nose. "I don't know", she said. "He doesn't smell like a friend, but not like a foe either. I don't know how to phrase it, but I think we should accept his help for now. We need it after all." "Right..." "And he probably saved your life." "Okay fine", she growled. "But I'll be keeping an eye on him. I don't trust him." Petro couldn't help but admire her self-preservation instinct. He knew she lacked experience and couldn't sense his emotions, but... "I know a bit about healing", he offered. "I could treat your wounds if you want me to." Thana snorted. "Oh yeah, why not? Not like you're a dubious guy who showed up out of thin air and claims to have saved me? We don't even know what you're doing here in the first place." Okay. So arguing didn't help here.
Day 77
Scholar
@LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine

"Okay, who are you and why are you here?!"
"My name's Petro", the skydancer sighed. "I live near Carum. I saw those scary dragons aim at you and well, who wouldn't like to be the knight in shining armor?"
So far, it went good for him. Kill the first imp, separate the second one from the others. The tundra and guardian were none of his business. All he'd have to focus on was bringing this one down. She was the one responsible for his father's death, after all.
"Who the heck lives near an empire city if they have a choice?"
"Hey, I'm a skydancer! You probably can't tell from the name, but I need to spread my wings every now and then without getting them soaking wet!"
And isolating her couldn't hurt.
"Thana! Girl, I've been worried sick!"
"You again, Asani."
"Hey! Aren't you glad to see us?"
"Shade yeah, I am. You two 'kay?"
Welp. That was troublesome.

Coin flip: tails
Day 78
Small Chunk of Granite
@/LadyOptimism @/Stri @/Nargeorgicorn @/MitraSunshine

Fennec huffed in exhaustion, retreating from Stormwind's cave.
"What's it, kiddo?", Specs asked, raising an eyebrow.
She shot him a dry look. "Is she always like this?"
He shrugged. "Her mom was a skydancer and her assistant was a spiral. She's probably adapted from them. I recall her being a little more reserved when we were younger, but as I said, I haven't seen her that much since."
"It's rude to talk about dragons behind their back, peeps!", Stormwind chimed in. "But thanks for making me the most important thing in your life, anyway!"
"It's rude to eavesdrop, too", Specs answered.
She laughed. "You got me there."
Day 79
Mangled Textile

"I'm not sure about him", Asani declared.
Petro winced.
"Me either", Thana added.
Coral frowned and scrunched her nose. "I don't know", she said. "He doesn't smell like a friend, but not like a foe either. I don't know how to phrase it, but I think we should accept his help for now. We need it after all."
"Right..."
"And he probably saved your life."
"Okay fine", she growled. "But I'll be keeping an eye on him. I don't trust him."
Petro couldn't help but admire her self-preservation instinct. He knew she lacked experience and couldn't sense his emotions, but... "I know a bit about healing", he offered. "I could treat your wounds if you want me to."
Thana snorted. "Oh yeah, why not? Not like you're a dubious guy who showed up out of thin air and claims to have saved me? We don't even know what you're doing here in the first place."
Okay. So arguing didn't help here.
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 80[/font] [item=Venomous Toridae] @LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine[/center] They probably thought he didn't notice, but Liath had seen the pink eyes following him around for quite a while now. He'd decided not to say anything about it, anyway; they hadn't attacked him yet, so he doubted they would. He couldn't figure out why they were still there, though. He knew it was only one dragon, much smaller than him, so not really a threat. But today had been a really, really bad day for him and he just couldn't take it any more. So when the eyes appeared [i]yet again[/i], he bared his teeth and growled loudly. "Show yourself or leave! I'm not in the mood right now." The eyes blinked a few times. "Oh", a voice said. "I'm sorry." He was reasonably startled. "Uh... eh?" "I didn't realize I bothered you." "Oh, well..." Liath cleared his throat. "Would you... mind coming here so I can actually see you? [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=177&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=59&tertgene=16&winggene=20&wings=170&auth=54c8d99c7ab6d8813ddd82f1b96fa9c581c06208&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Standing in front of him was a wildclaw girl who looked like she were made of glass. "I'm Liath", he introduced himself. "Why were you following me, ...?" "Iolanda." She looked at him with big eyes. "I don't know. I didn't mean to anger you, it just felt... nice to have some company of sorts." He didn't really know why he offered it; maybe he pittied the smaller being, maybe he just didn't want to be alone any more. "You can stay with me if you'd like to." ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 81[/font] [item=Burnished Filigree Breastplate] @/LadyOptimism @/Stri @/Nargeorgicorn @/MitraSunshine[/center] Thana had caught him staring at her again. One should think that if you lived near Carum, you'd know what an imperial looked like, but apparently, nope. That skydancer certainly didn't seem like it. And somehow, his gaze was creeping her out. She hadn't talked to Coral or Asani on that matter even though she knew she should. But she'd noticed that she was the only one he kept staring at. She tried to tell herself that he just didn't like to be surprised and kept an eye on her because her colors were so dark. Coral was easy to make out by her runes, and Asani by their cuffs. It was only natural that he tried to know where she was, too. But somehow, she knew that it wasn't true. (I think Pink's broken. He's been spamming me with materials for the greater part of the week [i]and [/i]the one before... and then another familiar? Like, [i]what[/i]?)
Day 80
Venomous Toridae

They probably thought he didn't notice, but Liath had seen the pink eyes following him around for quite a while now.
He'd decided not to say anything about it, anyway; they hadn't attacked him yet, so he doubted they would. He couldn't figure out why they were still there, though. He knew it was only one dragon, much smaller than him, so not really a threat.
But today had been a really, really bad day for him and he just couldn't take it any more. So when the eyes appeared yet again, he bared his teeth and growled loudly.
"Show yourself or leave! I'm not in the mood right now."
The eyes blinked a few times.
"Oh", a voice said. "I'm sorry."
He was reasonably startled. "Uh... eh?"
"I didn't realize I bothered you."
"Oh, well..." Liath cleared his throat. "Would you... mind coming here so I can actually see you?
dragon?age=0&body=177&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=59&tertgene=16&winggene=20&wings=170&auth=54c8d99c7ab6d8813ddd82f1b96fa9c581c06208&dummyext=prev.png
Standing in front of him was a wildclaw girl who looked like she were made of glass.
"I'm Liath", he introduced himself. "Why were you following me, ...?"
"Iolanda." She looked at him with big eyes. "I don't know. I didn't mean to anger you, it just felt... nice to have some company of sorts."
He didn't really know why he offered it; maybe he pittied the smaller being, maybe he just didn't want to be alone any more.
"You can stay with me if you'd like to."
Day 81
Burnished Filigree Breastplate

Thana had caught him staring at her again.
One should think that if you lived near Carum, you'd know what an imperial looked like, but apparently, nope. That skydancer certainly didn't seem like it. And somehow, his gaze was creeping her out.
She hadn't talked to Coral or Asani on that matter even though she knew she should. But she'd noticed that she was the only one he kept staring at.
She tried to tell herself that he just didn't like to be surprised and kept an eye on her because her colors were so dark. Coral was easy to make out by her runes, and Asani by their cuffs. It was only natural that he tried to know where she was, too.
But somehow, she knew that it wasn't true.

(I think Pink's broken. He's been spamming me with materials for the greater part of the week and the one before... and then another familiar? Like, what?)
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 82[/font] [item=Corpsemaker Ivy] @LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine[/center] "You're creeping me out." "I'm... sorry, I guess?" "I'm serious. Stop staring at me." "Would you rather have me read your feelings behind your back?" "...no. Stop it, all of it." "No way." "I hate you." Number of battles: 19 Venue: Scorched Forest Iolanda: Lv. 1 -> Lv. 5 Thana: Lv. 8 -> Lv. 9 Petro: Lv. 5 -> Lv. 6 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 83[/font] [item=Snowfall Elk Pelt] @/LadyOptimism @/Stri @/Nargeorgicorn @/MitraSunshine[/center] "Oi, peeps, why so sulky?" Out of nowhere, Flavia appeared and pushed Stormwind away from the cave entrance. "Hush, silly!" The nocturne yelped. "What y'er-" "They're mourning. Don't disturb them." "Mourning?", Stormwind repeated. "Whom?" Flavia glanced at the older dragons and sighed. "The dragons who died." "And why are you here?" "I don't do that." She shrugged. "I just don't do mourning. Besides, I don't know most of the dragons they already lost. Fen insisted on having a moment to remember them every once in a while, and since it's so important to them, I couldn't say no." Stormwind frowned. "But-" "No buts. Leave them alone. What was it you wanted to talk about?" ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 84[/font] [item=Harlequin Stagwing] @/LadyOptimism @/Stri @/Nargeorgicorn @/MitraSunshine[/center] "Liath, look!" He raised an eyebrow. "What is it this time?" "A dragon!" "[i]A what[/i]?" [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=90&bodygene=18&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=13&winggene=15&wings=29&auth=2b9c5490e2e941a3023bbe4a3197a38c5371f5bd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Liath stared incredulously at the unconscious hatchling Iolanda was pointing at. He didn't know that breed, but the kid seemed awfully slim. He nudged it gently, but it didn't wake up. "Can we keep it?", Iolanda joked. He snorted. "Yeah, why not? Not like he could be a monster for all we know." She just laughed. ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 85[/font] [item=Lead Ore] @/LadyOptimism @/Stri @/Nargeorgicorn @/MitraSunshine[/center] "You look stressed.", Asani noted. Thana snorted. "Genious." "Yeah, well, if that's what you want..." "I'm sorry." They raised an eyebrow. "It's just..." She paused. "...ah, forget it. I'll be okay. I'm probably just imagining things." "What things?", Asani asked, wrapping a wing around their friend. "Tell me. [i]Please[/i]. Coral's behaving strangely, too, but she just won't talk to me! Is there something I fail to notice? Is it because you can see in the dark? Thana shook her head. "It's... not quite that. I feel like something's watching me. I don't know about Coral, though." "If you want to leave the city-" "[i]Don't you dare[/i] to finish that sentence. You didn't leave me, I'm not leaving you." They smiled sadly. "Thana, you're probably the best thing that happened to me since... ever." "Must be a depressing life you're living", she murmured so soft they couldn't catch it. "To think that a rancorous dragon like me..."
Day 82
Corpsemaker Ivy

"You're creeping me out."
"I'm... sorry, I guess?"
"I'm serious. Stop staring at me."
"Would you rather have me read your feelings behind your back?"
"...no. Stop it, all of it."
"No way."
"I hate you."

Number of battles: 19
Venue: Scorched Forest
Iolanda: Lv. 1 -> Lv. 5
Thana: Lv. 8 -> Lv. 9
Petro: Lv. 5 -> Lv. 6
Day 83
Snowfall Elk Pelt

"Oi, peeps, why so sulky?"
Out of nowhere, Flavia appeared and pushed Stormwind away from the cave entrance. "Hush, silly!"
The nocturne yelped. "What y'er-"
"They're mourning. Don't disturb them."
"Mourning?", Stormwind repeated. "Whom?"
Flavia glanced at the older dragons and sighed. "The dragons who died."
"And why are you here?"
"I don't do that." She shrugged. "I just don't do mourning. Besides, I don't know most of the dragons they already lost. Fen insisted on having a moment to remember them every once in a while, and since it's so important to them, I couldn't say no."
Stormwind frowned. "But-"
"No buts. Leave them alone. What was it you wanted to talk about?"
Day 84
Harlequin Stagwing

"Liath, look!"
He raised an eyebrow. "What is it this time?"
"A dragon!"
"A what?"
dragon?age=0&body=90&bodygene=18&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=13&winggene=15&wings=29&auth=2b9c5490e2e941a3023bbe4a3197a38c5371f5bd&dummyext=prev.png
Liath stared incredulously at the unconscious hatchling Iolanda was pointing at. He didn't know that breed, but the kid seemed awfully slim. He nudged it gently, but it didn't wake up.
"Can we keep it?", Iolanda joked.
He snorted. "Yeah, why not? Not like he could be a monster for all we know."
She just laughed.
Day 85
Lead Ore

"You look stressed.", Asani noted.
Thana snorted. "Genious."
"Yeah, well, if that's what you want..."
"I'm sorry."
They raised an eyebrow.
"It's just..." She paused. "...ah, forget it. I'll be okay. I'm probably just imagining things."
"What things?", Asani asked, wrapping a wing around their friend. "Tell me. Please. Coral's behaving strangely, too, but she just won't talk to me! Is there something I fail to notice? Is it because you can see in the dark?
Thana shook her head. "It's... not quite that. I feel like something's watching me. I don't know about Coral, though."
"If you want to leave the city-"
"Don't you dare to finish that sentence. You didn't leave me, I'm not leaving you."
They smiled sadly. "Thana, you're probably the best thing that happened to me since... ever."
"Must be a depressing life you're living", she murmured so soft they couldn't catch it. "To think that a rancorous dragon like me..."
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 86[/font] [item=Armored Catfish] @LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine[/center] Thana had been unusually depressed the last few days, Petro noted. Like, sad. Really, really sad. He still wasn't sure what to do about it. Was a sad prey easier to kill? But... she didn't seem to pay any less attention to her surroundings. She still was careful, maybe even more now than before. No. This particular prey wasn't easier to kill when depressed. He'd have to do something about it. Number of battles: 33 Venue: Sandswept Delta Thana: Lv. 9 -> Lv. 10 Petro: Lv. 6 -> Lv. 7 Flavia: Lv. 10 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 87[/font] [item=Heartred Croaker Leg][/center] "Why do you keep me around?" Liath shrugged. He didn't even bother to look up from the still-unconscious imperial's paws he was treating. "No, really now", Iolanda begged. "Answer me. Just this one time." He shrugged again. "I don't know. You maybe remind me of somebody." "Who? Your kids? Your mate? Your mom?" "Don't push it." As she saw him flinch and squeeze his eyes shut, Iolanda decided that she would listen to him this time. Causing him pain was the last thing she wanted. Number of battles: 43 Venue: Blooming Grove -> Forgotten Cave Liath: Lv. 11 -> Lv. 12 Specs: Lv. 12 -> Lv. 13, Field Manual added Flavia: Lv. 10 -> Lv. 12
Day 86
Armored Catfish

Thana had been unusually depressed the last few days, Petro noted. Like, sad. Really, really sad.
He still wasn't sure what to do about it. Was a sad prey easier to kill? But... she didn't seem to pay any less attention to her surroundings. She still was careful, maybe even more now than before.
No. This particular prey wasn't easier to kill when depressed.
He'd have to do something about it.

Number of battles: 33
Venue: Sandswept Delta
Thana: Lv. 9 -> Lv. 10
Petro: Lv. 6 -> Lv. 7
Flavia: Lv. 10
Day 87
Heartred Croaker Leg

"Why do you keep me around?"
Liath shrugged. He didn't even bother to look up from the still-unconscious imperial's paws he was treating.
"No, really now", Iolanda begged. "Answer me. Just this one time."
He shrugged again. "I don't know. You maybe remind me of somebody."
"Who? Your kids? Your mate? Your mom?"
"Don't push it."
As she saw him flinch and squeeze his eyes shut, Iolanda decided that she would listen to him this time. Causing him pain was the last thing she wanted.

Number of battles: 43
Venue: Blooming Grove -> Forgotten Cave
Liath: Lv. 11 -> Lv. 12
Specs: Lv. 12 -> Lv. 13, Field Manual added
Flavia: Lv. 10 -> Lv. 12
frcomm48.png
[quote]But don't worry, I'm not dead! [/quote] ...that's what she said. I'm sorry, everyone! I was warned that this semester would be the worst, but I didn't expect it to be [i]that[/i] bad. Heavens. Anyway. I've kept track of all the items I got, and I'll start catching up now! (This update is pretty terrible though, lore-wise. Another reason why I went on hiatus at this exact point.) [center][font=Castellar]Day 88[/font] [item=Pretty Green Arm Bow] @LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine[/center] "...the heck?!" Salty tears of confusion stung in Thana's eyes. This wasn't possible. It was [i]absolutely impossible[/i], for shade's sake! She couldn't be- It couldn't be hers- And yet, the two dragon eggs didn't disappear, despite her even nabbing her own tail to wake up from this nightmare. "Shade", she sobbed quietly. "It can't- [i]how[/i]?!" "Huh, y'alright?" Thana yelped and tried to cover the eggs with her body, but Coral, being a shadow dragon, had seen them already. She cocked her head, a milder confusion tainting her gaze. "Are that what I think they are?" "N-no..." Coral chuckled, dancing around the heavy imperial and nudging the two eggs gently. She smiled almost bright enough to repulse the darkness. "Who's the father? I thought you didn't like Petro." "I- I-", Thana stammered, blood rushing beneath her scales. "No- I mean- I hate him, it just isn't-" "Asani, then? Wouldn't have bet on that." "Eh?" She blinked dumbfoundedly while trying to process the suggestion. "Wait, but... I can't- she's-" "...a female dragon in a male body, I thought you knew that?" Coral grinned innocently. "You're joking!" "Heh, no. I've known her since we both were hatchlings. So, are you gonna tell her?" Thana pressed her lips together and gazed down at the eggs. A while passed before she gently shook her head. "Not... yet." [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/7/2healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] (I made the mistake of not thinking and breeding them in a wind nest instead of the intended shadow one =.= I'll implement the hatchling's green eyes into the lore, though.) ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 89[/font] [item=Serpae Tetras][/center] "Augh..." All Asani wanted to do was to crawl under a rock and die. Ever since they'd woken up this morning - if it'd been morning then, they couldn't tell - their head felt like snapper sat on it. And the snapper was kicking its legs. "Why, looks like someone's full of life here, eh?" Their head snapped around - too abrupt. Before they even knew it, their body collided with the floor, and everything... well, not like it hadn't already been dark. This was probably the reason why Asani couldn't remember fainting when they opened their eyes again. They wondered, though, why everything suddenly seemed so bright. Or - maybe it wasn't bright... maybe their eyes had finally adapted to the little light? Anyway, Asani was glad to see the unfamiliar sorrow in Thana's blackberry-colored eyes. They tried to grin, but their muscles didn't seem to obey just yet. "Stupid!", she scolded them. "You could at least have said something... not pointlessly make me worry!" [i]Cute.[/i] They tried their best to smile, to reassure her that everything was alright, but their body wasn't moving. It wasn't that bad though; out of all sudden, the headache had stopped. Her eyebrows furrowed and she cocked her head. "...are you alright?" Asani didn't notice right away, but their limbs were moving. Stiffly at first, but they sat up quickly and shook their head. Still, they couldn't say a word. [i]I- I should... probably just rest for a moment.[/i] Their confusion grew when they started moving again - no, when their body stood up [i]on its own accord![/i] - and hissed! Confusion grew into panic as they raised their voice, rasping out words they would never have said: "...I see it now." "What?", Thana said drily. "Stop trying to creep us out. And you probably shouldn't stand up just now-" She yelped in surprise as Asani's body bared its teeth and snapped at her neck. "To get away from here, [i]I'll just have to kill you all[/i]!!" Thana drew back, lowering her head to flash Asani her antlers. She had no intention to attack, though. Behind her back, she could hear Petro snicker. "What's up with you?", she demanded. "It's not funny. Just stop and-" Another swipe at her throat, which she barely dodged, cut her short. Serious. [i]Dead[/i] serious. But she realized it too late, giving Asani the chance to crash into her and pin her to the ground. Claws ripped her wings. She screeched, flailed, lashed her tail. A bone cracked. Pain. The scream grew into a whimper. Her sight blurred. Blood rushed in her ears. For a moment, time seemed to stand still. The deep huffs were deafening. Thana blinked, then stared into the eyes of the dragon that wanted to kill her. Bloodshot, horrified green eyes. [i]I'm sorry[/i], they seemed to breathe. [i]I don't want this. I can't stop it![/i] And the imperial closed her own eyes and stopped struggling. Ceall cried out in pain. He squeezed his eyes shut, as well as Asani's, so he wouldn't have to see his claws digging into the black grass that could as well be the black imperial's throat. He immediately released the mind control, suddenly not even caring if it would pring punishment. A sonorous laugh sounded behind him. He didn't turn around, knowing the dark blue dragon behind his back too well to ask. He would get an answer, regardless if he did. "That's how you do it, shadehead. If you'd done that from the beginning, I wouldn't have been bothered with coming here." Ceall already knew the answer, but he had to say it anyway: "Kyan's Nephew..." "Tch, ha!" Another bark of laughter followed. "Kyan, that bit of feces. His loss! Not my pidgeon." With that, the dark blue disappeared into the darkness. Number of battles: 31 Venue: Blooming Grove -> Forgotten Cave [s]Thana: Lv. 10[/s] Liath: Lv. 12 -> 13 Lou: Lv. 11 -> 12 Flavia: Lv. 12 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 90[/font] [item=Lilac Time Sempervivum][/center] Liath huffed heavily. His profession as healer and Iolanda's inexperience - both complicated protecting themselves, especially when they ran into larger groups of monsters. At least they didn't have to protect the imperial... speaking of, where was he? One would think that a twenty-meters-long dragon wouldn't be easy to overlook, but apparently, that rule didn't apply to flying blue imperials. Liath couldn't suppress a laugh as he spotted him. The imperial noticed immediately, and alighted - he had no other word for it. "Thank you", Liath offered, bowing his head slightly. "You were a great help." The imperial smiled at him and Iolanda, who had stumbled to his side. "No, I have to thank you. I can feel your magic on my skin, just were I was wounded. The least I could do was to help you out." "What's your name?", the wildclaw chimed in. He hestated for a split second. "I... used to be called Nestor." Number of battles: 14 Venue: Blooming Grove Boss encounters: 1 Asani: Lv. 10 Lou: Lv. 12 Petro: Lv. 7 -> Lv. 8 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 91[/font] [item=Scalescarab][/center] Abandoning Asani had been easier on Coral that she'd ever though. That was how much you could be fooled by someone you thought you knew, she concluded furiously. Seemingly, being in Carum had driven her completely insane. There was just one thing that Coral regretted: not killing her when she had the chance. But Petro had stopped her. "No", he'd said. "I can't allow you. I'm a medic. I'd be shaded if I just stood there while someone was killed." And she'd grumbled and hissed, but she'd given in. And left both of them. Stupid, stupid her. And losing Thana's second egg? Unforgiveable. She sighed, looking down at the remaining one that was buried in her fur. She didn't know what really happened to the other; just that after Asani'd gone wild, it had been gone. Nowhere to be found. Her best guess was that it'd been destroyed in the process. A smile spread on her face as she watched a crack appear in the eggshell. Then another. It took a while, but finally, it broke into a million pieces and a tiny - way too tiny guardian hatchling sat there, snuggled up in her fur. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=68&bodygene=10&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=148&tertgene=16&winggene=5&wings=160&auth=a69b38a14d18166a86ff4bcc312d1f440e438a2f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] It purred softly as it drifted off to sleep. "In honor of your mother", Coral whispered, "I shall name you Thanatos." Number of battles: 29 Venue: Forgotten Cave Asani: Lv. 10 -> 11 Liath: Lv. 13 Lou: Lv. 12 -> 13 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 92[/font] [item=Cardinalfish][/center] "Hey. Um." "Come in!" "...am I disturbing you?" [i]Clank.[/i] "Nah, it's fine. I'm working on the new armor. Flave sure mentioned it. The others just don't like being near the fire for long, well..." "...I don't mind." "I know. That's why you're my best friend." Pause. "Sorry I'm working so hard." "It's... fine. We're all busy. I just think we shouldn't... ya know... forget about having fun." "I didn't." "...hmm. Well. I made this for you." "Huh?! Ah, uh, thanks- oh." Stormwind barely had the time to appreciate her new flower lei before Specs left the workshop. If it wasn't for his scales, she'd be sure he'd been... blushing. Number of battles: 39 Venue: Forgotten Cave -> Bamboo Falls Liath: Lv. 13 -> 14 Stormwind: Lv. 1 -> 7 Flavia: Lv. 12 -> 13 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 93[/font] [item=Ambush][/center] "...there's a skydancer standing in front of me." Ceall barely lifted his head; the headache was still a heavy discomfort. "Indeed there is." "Let me rephrase it." The blue skydancer pinched her nose. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41191894&skin=28486&apparel=3701,12897,12918,432,12925,12932,3690&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] When she spoke again, her voice sounded like the distant growl of thunder. "[i]Why[/i] is there a skydancer in front of me and why is it claiming to work for you?" "Well that might be because he [i]is[/i]", Kyan replied, drawing the last syllable annoyingly long. "So what? Chill, Al." "I- I made it!", Petro exclaimed, though he seemed to falter under Al's gaze. "I killed one of the escapees. That colorful one. I killed her." "Everyone and his familiar could kill a shadeforsaken [i]colorful[/i] imperial. They're not exactly hard to miss." Al snorted and turned away. "Dispose of him." "But-" "[i]Now.[/i]" "W-wait! What's that supposed to mean?! I made it, I- agh!" Coin flip: heads - Death Streak Venue: Forgotten Cave Lou: Lv. 13 [s]Petro: Lv. 8[/s] Specs: Lv. 13 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 94[/font] [item=Berserker][/center] "Hit it! Hit it with all your might! No, I said all, didn't you hear?! It's not gonna break that easy, I promise. Come on! Try to bite it! No, you won't break your teeth, it's not all that sturdy, just... oh, darn, how will you [i]ever[/i] win over the empire with so little stamina?!" "...I'm just so glad it's not me she's yelling at right now." "Same." Coin flip: heads - Death Streak Venue: Forgotten Cave Fennec: Lv. 12 Specs: Lv. 13 Flavia: Lv. 13
Quote:
But don't worry, I'm not dead!
...that's what she said. I'm sorry, everyone! I was warned that this semester would be the worst, but I didn't expect it to be that bad. Heavens.
Anyway. I've kept track of all the items I got, and I'll start catching up now!
(This update is pretty terrible though, lore-wise. Another reason why I went on hiatus at this exact point.)

Day 88
Pretty Green Arm Bow

"...the heck?!"
Salty tears of confusion stung in Thana's eyes.
This wasn't possible. It was absolutely impossible, for shade's sake!
She couldn't be-
It couldn't be hers-
And yet, the two dragon eggs didn't disappear, despite her even nabbing her own tail to wake up from this nightmare. "Shade", she sobbed quietly. "It can't- how?!"
"Huh, y'alright?"
Thana yelped and tried to cover the eggs with her body, but Coral, being a shadow dragon, had seen them already. She cocked her head, a milder confusion tainting her gaze. "Are that what I think they are?"
"N-no..."
Coral chuckled, dancing around the heavy imperial and nudging the two eggs gently. She smiled almost bright enough to repulse the darkness. "Who's the father? I thought you didn't like Petro."
"I- I-", Thana stammered, blood rushing beneath her scales. "No- I mean- I hate him, it just isn't-"
"Asani, then? Wouldn't have bet on that."
"Eh?" She blinked dumbfoundedly while trying to process the suggestion. "Wait, but... I can't- she's-"
"...a female dragon in a male body, I thought you knew that?" Coral grinned innocently.
"You're joking!"
"Heh, no. I've known her since we both were hatchlings. So, are you gonna tell her?"
Thana pressed her lips together and gazed down at the eggs. A while passed before she gently shook her head. "Not... yet."
2healthy_0dead.png
(I made the mistake of not thinking and breeding them in a wind nest instead of the intended shadow one =.= I'll implement the hatchling's green eyes into the lore, though.)
Day 89
Serpae Tetras

"Augh..."
All Asani wanted to do was to crawl under a rock and die. Ever since they'd woken up this morning - if it'd been morning then, they couldn't tell - their head felt like snapper sat on it. And the snapper was kicking its legs.
"Why, looks like someone's full of life here, eh?"
Their head snapped around - too abrupt. Before they even knew it, their body collided with the floor, and everything... well, not like it hadn't already been dark.

This was probably the reason why Asani couldn't remember fainting when they opened their eyes again. They wondered, though, why everything suddenly seemed so bright. Or - maybe it wasn't bright... maybe their eyes had finally adapted to the little light?
Anyway, Asani was glad to see the unfamiliar sorrow in Thana's blackberry-colored eyes. They tried to grin, but their muscles didn't seem to obey just yet.
"Stupid!", she scolded them. "You could at least have said something... not pointlessly make me worry!"
Cute. They tried their best to smile, to reassure her that everything was alright, but their body wasn't moving. It wasn't that bad though; out of all sudden, the headache had stopped.
Her eyebrows furrowed and she cocked her head. "...are you alright?"
Asani didn't notice right away, but their limbs were moving. Stiffly at first, but they sat up quickly and shook their head. Still, they couldn't say a word. I- I should... probably just rest for a moment.
Their confusion grew when they started moving again - no, when their body stood up on its own accord! - and hissed! Confusion grew into panic as they raised their voice, rasping out words they would never have said: "...I see it now."
"What?", Thana said drily. "Stop trying to creep us out. And you probably shouldn't stand up just now-" She yelped in surprise as Asani's body bared its teeth and snapped at her neck.
"To get away from here, I'll just have to kill you all!!"

Thana drew back, lowering her head to flash Asani her antlers. She had no intention to attack, though. Behind her back, she could hear Petro snicker. "What's up with you?", she demanded. "It's not funny. Just stop and-" Another swipe at her throat, which she barely dodged, cut her short.
Serious. Dead serious.
But she realized it too late, giving Asani the chance to crash into her and pin her to the ground. Claws ripped her wings. She screeched, flailed, lashed her tail. A bone cracked.
Pain. The scream grew into a whimper. Her sight blurred. Blood rushed in her ears.
For a moment, time seemed to stand still. The deep huffs were deafening. Thana blinked, then stared into the eyes of the dragon that wanted to kill her. Bloodshot, horrified green eyes.
I'm sorry, they seemed to breathe. I don't want this. I can't stop it!
And the imperial closed her own eyes and stopped struggling.

Ceall cried out in pain. He squeezed his eyes shut, as well as Asani's, so he wouldn't have to see his claws digging into the black grass that could as well be the black imperial's throat. He immediately released the mind control, suddenly not even caring if it would pring punishment.
A sonorous laugh sounded behind him. He didn't turn around, knowing the dark blue dragon behind his back too well to ask. He would get an answer, regardless if he did.
"That's how you do it, shadehead. If you'd done that from the beginning, I wouldn't have been bothered with coming here."
Ceall already knew the answer, but he had to say it anyway: "Kyan's Nephew..."
"Tch, ha!" Another bark of laughter followed. "Kyan, that bit of feces. His loss! Not my pidgeon."
With that, the dark blue disappeared into the darkness.

Number of battles: 31
Venue: Blooming Grove -> Forgotten Cave
Thana: Lv. 10
Liath: Lv. 12 -> 13
Lou: Lv. 11 -> 12
Flavia: Lv. 12
Day 90
Lilac Time Sempervivum

Liath huffed heavily. His profession as healer and Iolanda's inexperience - both complicated protecting themselves, especially when they ran into larger groups of monsters. At least they didn't have to protect the imperial... speaking of, where was he?
One would think that a twenty-meters-long dragon wouldn't be easy to overlook, but apparently, that rule didn't apply to flying blue imperials. Liath couldn't suppress a laugh as he spotted him. The imperial noticed immediately, and alighted - he had no other word for it.
"Thank you", Liath offered, bowing his head slightly. "You were a great help."
The imperial smiled at him and Iolanda, who had stumbled to his side. "No, I have to thank you. I can feel your magic on my skin, just were I was wounded. The least I could do was to help you out."
"What's your name?", the wildclaw chimed in.
He hestated for a split second. "I... used to be called Nestor."

Number of battles: 14
Venue: Blooming Grove
Boss encounters: 1
Asani: Lv. 10
Lou: Lv. 12
Petro: Lv. 7 -> Lv. 8
Day 91
Scalescarab

Abandoning Asani had been easier on Coral that she'd ever though. That was how much you could be fooled by someone you thought you knew, she concluded furiously. Seemingly, being in Carum had driven her completely insane.
There was just one thing that Coral regretted: not killing her when she had the chance.
But Petro had stopped her. "No", he'd said. "I can't allow you. I'm a medic. I'd be shaded if I just stood there while someone was killed."
And she'd grumbled and hissed, but she'd given in. And left both of them.
Stupid, stupid her.
And losing Thana's second egg? Unforgiveable. She sighed, looking down at the remaining one that was buried in her fur. She didn't know what really happened to the other; just that after Asani'd gone wild, it had been gone. Nowhere to be found. Her best guess was that it'd been destroyed in the process.
A smile spread on her face as she watched a crack appear in the eggshell. Then another. It took a while, but finally, it broke into a million pieces and a tiny - way too tiny guardian hatchling sat there, snuggled up in her fur.
dragon?age=0&body=68&bodygene=10&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=148&tertgene=16&winggene=5&wings=160&auth=a69b38a14d18166a86ff4bcc312d1f440e438a2f&dummyext=prev.png
It purred softly as it drifted off to sleep.
"In honor of your mother", Coral whispered, "I shall name you Thanatos."

Number of battles: 29
Venue: Forgotten Cave
Asani: Lv. 10 -> 11
Liath: Lv. 13
Lou: Lv. 12 -> 13
Day 92
Cardinalfish

"Hey. Um."
"Come in!"
"...am I disturbing you?"
Clank. "Nah, it's fine. I'm working on the new armor. Flave sure mentioned it. The others just don't like being near the fire for long, well..."
"...I don't mind."
"I know. That's why you're my best friend."
Pause.
"Sorry I'm working so hard."
"It's... fine. We're all busy. I just think we shouldn't... ya know... forget about having fun."
"I didn't."
"...hmm. Well. I made this for you."
"Huh?! Ah, uh, thanks- oh."
Stormwind barely had the time to appreciate her new flower lei before Specs left the workshop. If it wasn't for his scales, she'd be sure he'd been... blushing.

Number of battles: 39
Venue: Forgotten Cave -> Bamboo Falls
Liath: Lv. 13 -> 14
Stormwind: Lv. 1 -> 7
Flavia: Lv. 12 -> 13
Day 93
Ambush

"...there's a skydancer standing in front of me."
Ceall barely lifted his head; the headache was still a heavy discomfort. "Indeed there is."
"Let me rephrase it." The blue skydancer pinched her nose.
dragon?did=41191894&skin=28486&apparel=3701,12897,12918,432,12925,12932,3690&xt=dressing.png
When she spoke again, her voice sounded like the distant growl of thunder. "Why is there a skydancer in front of me and why is it claiming to work for you?"
"Well that might be because he is", Kyan replied, drawing the last syllable annoyingly long. "So what? Chill, Al."
"I- I made it!", Petro exclaimed, though he seemed to falter under Al's gaze. "I killed one of the escapees. That colorful one. I killed her."
"Everyone and his familiar could kill a shadeforsaken colorful imperial. They're not exactly hard to miss." Al snorted and turned away. "Dispose of him."
"But-"
"Now."
"W-wait! What's that supposed to mean?! I made it, I- agh!"

Coin flip: heads - Death Streak
Lou: Lv. 13
Petro: Lv. 8
Specs: Lv. 13
Day 94
Berserker

"Hit it! Hit it with all your might! No, I said all, didn't you hear?! It's not gonna break that easy, I promise. Come on! Try to bite it! No, you won't break your teeth, it's not all that sturdy, just... oh, darn, how will you ever win over the empire with so little stamina?!"
"...I'm just so glad it's not me she's yelling at right now."
"Same."

Coin flip: heads - Death Streak
Fennec: Lv. 12
Specs: Lv. 13
Flavia: Lv. 13
frcomm48.png
Here we go again. Yeah, it's been another five months. I don't have anything to say in my defense; the update was actually ready a month ago, but then I forgot about it. I'll now cut back on the lore a tad so I can [i]finally [/i]catch up. I did a tiny edit on the rules because as the older dragons gain more levels, I'm more likely to lose new dragons. I considered making them immortal for their first fight or changing the venue level, but that feels like cheating. Rather than that, I added a different rule which I like to call [i]Lysithea's Rule[/i]: If a dragon whose level is at least five lower than the venue level faints during a battle following the "food" rules (meaning Death Streaks are unaffected), I enter a Life Streak. This means rather than quitting the battle streak and randomizing another dragon as replacement for the dead one, I stay in the venue and fight on until the whole party either faints or survives a battle. If the party faints, the Life streak is failed and the dragon in question dies. If they all survive, it's successful and the dragon in question survives, but with a grave injury for lore reasons. Other faints are ignored; the Life streak battles count towards the total. I know it seems a lot of unnecessary stuff, but I have a feeling that it's going to work for me. Also, I call it Lysithea's Rule because her death in particular would have been unnecessary with it. And the next post will finally be Day 100! Yay! [center][font=Castellar]Day 95[/font] [item=Bluetipped Shellbug] @LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine[/center] The mist was more and more feeling like a weight to bear. Liath had taken it as imagination, as his guilt and sorrows, but then Nestor spoke up about it. "Is the mist getting heavier?" Be it surprise or being out of breath from their long journey, again without any significant breaks, the healer found himself unable to answer. For a moment, his heart skipped a beat as he was unsure wether or not he could still move his tongue. Meanwhile, Nestor shrugged it off. "...well, or it may be Iola, that's not impossible." As if to agree, the wildclaw on his back snored loudly. "...no", Liath finally said in a hoarse voice. He cleared his throat. "I feel it too." "Ah." They fell silent, but once again, it was broken by Nestor. "...it feels like flying through a thunderstorm, if you know what I mean." "No, I don't." Liath frowned, looking oddly at him. "I never even experienced one. Forgive me, but how could you? You're even younger than me." "Secret." Number of battles: 23 Venue: Woodland Path Iolanda: Lv. 5 Nestor: Lv. 1 -> 4 Stormwind: Lv. 7 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 96[/font] [item=Olive Sea Snake][/center] ~no lore here because I couldn't think of any~ Number of battles: 45 Venue: Forgotten Cave -> Bamboo Falls Specs: Lv. 13 -> 14 Iolanda: Lv. 5 -> 8 Flavia: Lv. 13 -> 14 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 97[/font] [item=Leather Wing Wraps][/center] "[i]You see[/i]... no. I should start with [i]I need to talk to you[/i]. And then, uh... [i]I lo-[/i] ah, nope. No. Slow down, Stormy. How about... [i]I know it's a shock to you but hear me out...[/i]? Huh, I don't know, that doesn't sound right, I'm... oh, shade it, this is just [i]frustrating[/i]. Why me? All I wanted was to make some armor, and support the revolution, and now?! I'm stuck with all that love stuff and a nest of eggs!" "...wait, [i]what[/i]?!" "..." "..." "...oh. You heard that, didn't you." ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 98[/font] [item=Bicolor Petunia][/center] "What is it? Move, Ceall. You wanna rot here?" "[i]Mm... don't feel like it.[/i]" "Where ya staring off to?" "[i]Nothing important, just that...[/i]" [i]Just that body control is dangerous, and I sincerely hope I didn't break anything this time. Not like with Lethie, with the others[/i], was what he thought. "[i]...nothing[/i]", was what he said. Around the same time, Siana slowly opened her eyes. She couldn't see a thing, but she smelt blood, and she felt it sticking to her scales. "Ah", she croaked. "G-Golems-" Her eyes widened when she recalled the whole story. About their claws, and their stone-cold faces, and the feeling when they charged at her. [i]I should be dead[/i], she realized. [i]But here I am, and I'm pretty sure I'm still breathing.[/i] Her breath formed a cloud in the cold air, and she spent a while huffing clouds and watching them disappear again. She felt fragile, like every other movement would shatter her completely. So she just relaxed on the cold stone, watched the soft glimmer of her clouds, and listened to the slowly approaching rustling and hissing of the night. Number of battles: 19 Venue: Bamboo Falls Asani: Lv. 11 Lou: Lv. 13 Flavia: Lv. 14 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 99[/font] [item=Scholar][/center] Two dragons looked at each other, a massive purple snapper and an - in comparison - delicate nocturne. Both thought the same thing. "[i]Egg rot.[/i]" [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/3/2healthy_1dead.png[/img][/center] Coin flip: tails
Here we go again. Yeah, it's been another five months. I don't have anything to say in my defense; the update was actually ready a month ago, but then I forgot about it. I'll now cut back on the lore a tad so I can finally catch up.

I did a tiny edit on the rules because as the older dragons gain more levels, I'm more likely to lose new dragons. I considered making them immortal for their first fight or changing the venue level, but that feels like cheating. Rather than that, I added a different rule which I like to call Lysithea's Rule:
If a dragon whose level is at least five lower than the venue level faints during a battle following the "food" rules (meaning Death Streaks are unaffected), I enter a Life Streak. This means rather than quitting the battle streak and randomizing another dragon as replacement for the dead one, I stay in the venue and fight on until the whole party either faints or survives a battle. If the party faints, the Life streak is failed and the dragon in question dies. If they all survive, it's successful and the dragon in question survives, but with a grave injury for lore reasons. Other faints are ignored; the Life streak battles count towards the total.
I know it seems a lot of unnecessary stuff, but I have a feeling that it's going to work for me. Also, I call it Lysithea's Rule because her death in particular would have been unnecessary with it.
And the next post will finally be Day 100! Yay!
Day 95
Bluetipped Shellbug

The mist was more and more feeling like a weight to bear. Liath had taken it as imagination, as his guilt and sorrows, but then Nestor spoke up about it.
"Is the mist getting heavier?"
Be it surprise or being out of breath from their long journey, again without any significant breaks, the healer found himself unable to answer. For a moment, his heart skipped a beat as he was unsure wether or not he could still move his tongue.
Meanwhile, Nestor shrugged it off. "...well, or it may be Iola, that's not impossible."
As if to agree, the wildclaw on his back snored loudly.
"...no", Liath finally said in a hoarse voice. He cleared his throat. "I feel it too."
"Ah."
They fell silent, but once again, it was broken by Nestor. "...it feels like flying through a thunderstorm, if you know what I mean."
"No, I don't." Liath frowned, looking oddly at him. "I never even experienced one. Forgive me, but how could you? You're even younger than me."
"Secret."

Number of battles: 23
Venue: Woodland Path
Iolanda: Lv. 5
Nestor: Lv. 1 -> 4
Stormwind: Lv. 7
Day 96
Olive Sea Snake

~no lore here because I couldn't think of any~

Number of battles: 45
Specs: Lv. 13 -> 14
Iolanda: Lv. 5 -> 8
Flavia: Lv. 13 -> 14
Day 97
Leather Wing Wraps

"You see... no. I should start with I need to talk to you. And then, uh... I lo- ah, nope. No. Slow down, Stormy. How about... I know it's a shock to you but hear me out...? Huh, I don't know, that doesn't sound right, I'm... oh, shade it, this is just frustrating. Why me? All I wanted was to make some armor, and support the revolution, and now?! I'm stuck with all that love stuff and a nest of eggs!"
"...wait, what?!"
"..."
"..."
"...oh. You heard that, didn't you."

Day 98
Bicolor Petunia

"What is it? Move, Ceall. You wanna rot here?"
"Mm... don't feel like it."
"Where ya staring off to?"
"Nothing important, just that..." Just that body control is dangerous, and I sincerely hope I didn't break anything this time. Not like with Lethie, with the others, was what he thought.
"...nothing", was what he said.

Around the same time, Siana slowly opened her eyes.
She couldn't see a thing, but she smelt blood, and she felt it sticking to her scales.
"Ah", she croaked. "G-Golems-"
Her eyes widened when she recalled the whole story. About their claws, and their stone-cold faces, and the feeling when they charged at her.
I should be dead, she realized. But here I am, and I'm pretty sure I'm still breathing.
Her breath formed a cloud in the cold air, and she spent a while huffing clouds and watching them disappear again. She felt fragile, like every other movement would shatter her completely. So she just relaxed on the cold stone, watched the soft glimmer of her clouds, and listened to the slowly approaching rustling and hissing of the night.

Number of battles: 19
Venue: Bamboo Falls
Asani: Lv. 11
Flavia: Lv. 14
Day 99
Scholar

Two dragons looked at each other, a massive purple snapper and an - in comparison - delicate nocturne.
Both thought the same thing.
"Egg rot."
2healthy_1dead.png

Coin flip: tails
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 100[/font] [item=Lion's Shoulder Pads] @LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine[/center] Things were moved around, a bit of chaos ensued, and in all the confusion, somehow the eggs multiplied. Cue to a very embarassed Lou trying to explain the situation and a frantic Stormwind trying to tell the eggs apart. Somehow, though, everyone ended up with the right number of eggs and hopefully, the right ones, too. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/3/3healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 101[/font] [item=Giant Millipede][/center] It may have been the distraction or the overconfidence of soon-to-be parents, but when the hunting patrol returned, joy quickly turned into despair. Stormwind tried her best to hide the pain, but she would likely never again be able to walk properly. It was a harder blow for the smith that she wouldn't be able to stand upright for long. Not long enough for creating delicate or large pieces of armor without inevitably cracking them in the process. Still, she refused to give up yet. There was a solution for everything, and she wasnt the first dragon to lose half her foot, either. Number of battles: 21 Venue: Forgotten Cave -> Bamboo Falls [i]Stormwind[/i]: Lv. 7 -> 8 Lou: Lv. 13 Iolanda: Lv. 8 -> 9 [i](the italicized names are the dragons eligible for Lysithea's rule)[/i] ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 102[/font] [item=Omen Seeker][/center] Truth to be told, this nest was the least exciting one of them all. That was because in the evening, they went to sleep - and in the morning, two little snapper babies sat there, staring back at the gobsmacked adults. "Well [i]okay[/i]", Stormwind drawled. Specs grinned. "They're definitely your kids. Same innocent face when caught guilty." "Shut up." She shook her head and pointed at the younger snapper. "So, you know about this name pattern my family does. I'd like to name him Darkwing." [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=127&bodygene=13&breed=9&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=81&tertgene=9&winggene=12&wings=112&auth=64d6633a871ccd54b3095401479b171a333a8f24&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "Fine by me. And our little girl's name is... hmm... Roxanne." [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=13&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=33&tertgene=9&winggene=12&wings=16&auth=7339e3a24c77b4c373a88fd68dd5679456a7b2ae&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Number of battles: 48 Venue: Bamboo Falls Flavia: Lv. 14 Specs: Lv. 14 Lou: Lv. 13 -> 14 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 103[/font] [item=Yellow-Tinged Featherduster][/center] Number of battles: 30 Venue: Bamboo Falls Fennec: Lv. 12 Lou: Lv. 14 [i]Stormwind[/i]: Lv. 8 -> 9 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 104[/font] [item=Grassland Skira][/center] "I think we could try to, maybe, use magic to heal her leg. You know what I mean, right?" "I do, but it won't work. We don't have anyone skilled enough in healing and even if we did, that's just not possible. She'll be fine, you know she's already... do you see that?" "See what?" "That glowing ball over there?" "That... Flavia. I believe that's a dragon egg." "Don't be silly, it can't be. Why would a dragon leave their egg here of all places?" "I don't know. What I do know is that it's going to die if we leave it here. We need to take it with us." "[i]Great[/i]. Like we didn't already have enough problems."
Day 100
Lion's Shoulder Pads

Things were moved around, a bit of chaos ensued, and in all the confusion, somehow the eggs multiplied. Cue to a very embarassed Lou trying to explain the situation and a frantic Stormwind trying to tell the eggs apart.
Somehow, though, everyone ended up with the right number of eggs and hopefully, the right ones, too.
3healthy_0dead.png

Day 101
Giant Millipede

It may have been the distraction or the overconfidence of soon-to-be parents, but when the hunting patrol returned, joy quickly turned into despair. Stormwind tried her best to hide the pain, but she would likely never again be able to walk properly.
It was a harder blow for the smith that she wouldn't be able to stand upright for long. Not long enough for creating delicate or large pieces of armor without inevitably cracking them in the process.
Still, she refused to give up yet. There was a solution for everything, and she wasnt the first dragon to lose half her foot, either.

Number of battles: 21
Stormwind: Lv. 7 -> 8
Iolanda: Lv. 8 -> 9

(the italicized names are the dragons eligible for Lysithea's rule)
Day 102
Omen Seeker

Truth to be told, this nest was the least exciting one of them all. That was because in the evening, they went to sleep - and in the morning, two little snapper babies sat there, staring back at the gobsmacked adults.
"Well okay", Stormwind drawled.
Specs grinned. "They're definitely your kids. Same innocent face when caught guilty."
"Shut up." She shook her head and pointed at the younger snapper. "So, you know about this name pattern my family does. I'd like to name him Darkwing."
dragon?age=0&body=127&bodygene=13&breed=9&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=81&tertgene=9&winggene=12&wings=112&auth=64d6633a871ccd54b3095401479b171a333a8f24&dummyext=prev.png
"Fine by me. And our little girl's name is... hmm... Roxanne."
dragon?age=0&body=13&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=33&tertgene=9&winggene=12&wings=16&auth=7339e3a24c77b4c373a88fd68dd5679456a7b2ae&dummyext=prev.png

Number of battles: 48
Flavia: Lv. 14
Specs: Lv. 14
Lou: Lv. 13 -> 14

Day 103
Yellow-Tinged Featherduster

Number of battles: 30
Fennec: Lv. 12
Lou: Lv. 14
Stormwind: Lv. 8 -> 9
Day 104
Grassland Skira

"I think we could try to, maybe, use magic to heal her leg. You know what I mean, right?"
"I do, but it won't work. We don't have anyone skilled enough in healing and even if we did, that's just not possible. She'll be fine, you know she's already... do you see that?"
"See what?"
"That glowing ball over there?"
"That... Flavia. I believe that's a dragon egg."
"Don't be silly, it can't be. Why would a dragon leave their egg here of all places?"
"I don't know. What I do know is that it's going to die if we leave it here. We need to take it with us."
"Great. Like we didn't already have enough problems."
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 105[/font] [item=Picked-Over Bones] @LadyOptimism @Stri @Nargeorgicorn @MitraSunshine[/center] When the group discovered that contrary to their belief, the egg rot hadn't stopped, it was already too late. Two eggs of Lou's and Fennec's nest were infected. Probably had been for days without them noticing. Flavia took it the most relaxed of them all, and, with an unusual amount of empathy, explained that they were probably not strong enough to hatch in the first place if they couldn't fight off the rot. (Still, no one really felt better.) She was right, though. A little while later, the remaining egg began to crack, then [i]burst[/i], and sitting in the shells was a tiny guardian hatchling. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=151&bodygene=8&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=171&tertgene=16&winggene=11&wings=161&auth=f6060b86d7661f9d044bcf669bba9dfe68dd4932&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "I would like to name her", Fennec said immediately. "Ayse. It's been spooking around in my mind ever since I first saw her egg, and I believe it's the only name fitting for her." Flavia frowned and flicked her tail at the other egg from yesterday, which was conveniently crackling now as well. "And is there by chance another name 'spooking in your head' for this one?", she asked only half serious. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=11&bodygene=1&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=11&auth=493bc4d86c9b685a02ea5fa71c9709a5ca656724&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "Winterdance", Fennec whispered. Number of battles: 46 Venue: Scorched Forest -> Sandswept Delta [i]Thanatos[/i]: Lv. 1 -> 7 Stormwind: Lv. 9 -> 10 Iolanda: Lv. 9 -> 10 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 106[/font] [item=Hoarfrost Mauler][/center] Liath should have known it would get worse. Earlier this morning, it had started to snow, and by now, it was ankles-deep. Iolanda was sitting on his back again as her short legs made it completely impossible for her to walk along with them. And Nestor, every-so-often, would snort and shake the snow off his wings. Even if none of them voiced their reluctance, it was obvious that they didn't like it. On a brighter note, as the snow was replacing the mist, the sun was finally coming out again. Liath could barely remember when he'd ever seen it before, and he was incredibly thankful for every ray of sunlight he could catch. That was, until one of those rays began looking strange, taking up a shape, and finally grinning at him with a dragon's face. At first he thought that he was going crazy, that he maybe had a sunstroke, but when Nestor began growling under his breath, he knew this wasn't the case. It was, in fact, a dragon flying in the sky. Said dragon had now landed before them and smiled. It looked like it could blend in with the snow around them quite well, and had some stroking resemblance with an eartworm - at least shape-wise. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=89&bodygene=8&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=20&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=16&auth=01022876f60d4c8ca68605c8e53397e5a69718d4&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "G'day, I'm Iris", it smiled. "Ya don't see that often around 'ere, other dergs. Where ya goin'?" Liath felt his companion's gazes burning on his scales. "We're... exploring", he said, keeping it vague. "My friends are accompanying me on my Search. May I return the question?" "I [i]live[/i] here", Iris pointed out. The guardian took note of the fact that Nestor still hadn't relaxed. Again, he wondered what that dragon was hiding. The spiral dragon came too close for comfort, grinning widely. "I don't know what that searching thing is", she chirped, "but it sounds fun. I'm in. Right?" From up close, he could see that she had a darker gleam in her big eyes, one he just couldn't read. He shot a look at Nestor. "...whatever", the imperial growled. ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 107[/font] [item=Ambush][/center] It just wasn't [i]fair[/i]. Coral couldn't believe this was really happening. Poor kid. Lost both of his parents and now? She finally figured out why he was still tumbling into walls and doorframes. The reason was that Thanatos was blind. And she really couldn't figure out what he'd done to deserve this. coin flip: heads Venue: Thunderhead Savannah Liath: Lv. 14 Flavia: Lv. 14 -> 15 Specs: Lv. 14 -> 15 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 108[/font] [item=Spineback Slug][/center] When Nestor woke up the next day, Iolanda was gone. A flap of his wings was enough to create enough turbulences to make Iris fall from the sky. In a flash, he was above her and pinned her down. "You", he growled. "I didn't think you would show your true colors that fast." She flashed him a grin. "So you know who I am, then." "How could I forget the face of the [i]rat[/i] that sold my family to the empire", he spat. "Well, go ahead and kill me." Nestor raised a claw, large enough to cut her in half. Hesitated. "You can't. Because that guardian friend of yours would ask about her [i]and[/i] me. And you can't sell him a story if you're the only 'whitness'." Iris smirked. "You [i]need[/i] me. Soft-hearted fool." "I will kill you", he hissed, "just not now. Watch your back." "We'll see who kills whom here." Number of battles: 32 Venue: Thunderhead Savannah [s]Iolanda: Lv. 10[/s] Fennec: Lv. 12 -> 13 Flavia: Lv. 15 Liath: Lv. 14 Boss encounters: 4 ----- [center][font=Castellar]Day 109[/font] [item=Edamame][/center] Liath took it calmly, much to Nestor's surprise. But that might be because they told him a group of wildclaws crossed their path while they were sleeping, and Iolanda had decided to go with them. She hadn't wanted to wake him because he really needed the rest, and so, she'd just left her silk sash for him as a promise to meet again. If he knew the truth... Nestor feared what he'd become. Number of battles: Venue: Thunderhead Savannah Specs: Lv. 15 [i]Thanatos[/i]: Lv. 7 -> 8 Liath: Lv. 14
Day 105
Picked-Over Bones

When the group discovered that contrary to their belief, the egg rot hadn't stopped, it was already too late. Two eggs of Lou's and Fennec's nest were infected. Probably had been for days without them noticing.
Flavia took it the most relaxed of them all, and, with an unusual amount of empathy, explained that they were probably not strong enough to hatch in the first place if they couldn't fight off the rot. (Still, no one really felt better.)
She was right, though. A little while later, the remaining egg began to crack, then burst, and sitting in the shells was a tiny guardian hatchling.
dragon?age=0&body=151&bodygene=8&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=171&tertgene=16&winggene=11&wings=161&auth=f6060b86d7661f9d044bcf669bba9dfe68dd4932&dummyext=prev.png
"I would like to name her", Fennec said immediately. "Ayse. It's been spooking around in my mind ever since I first saw her egg, and I believe it's the only name fitting for her."
Flavia frowned and flicked her tail at the other egg from yesterday, which was conveniently crackling now as well. "And is there by chance another name 'spooking in your head' for this one?", she asked only half serious.
dragon?age=0&body=11&bodygene=1&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=11&auth=493bc4d86c9b685a02ea5fa71c9709a5ca656724&dummyext=prev.png
"Winterdance", Fennec whispered.

Number of battles: 46
Venue: Scorched Forest -> Sandswept Delta
Thanatos: Lv. 1 -> 7
Stormwind: Lv. 9 -> 10
Iolanda: Lv. 9 -> 10
Day 106
Hoarfrost Mauler

Liath should have known it would get worse.
Earlier this morning, it had started to snow, and by now, it was ankles-deep. Iolanda was sitting on his back again as her short legs made it completely impossible for her to walk along with them. And Nestor, every-so-often, would snort and shake the snow off his wings. Even if none of them voiced their reluctance, it was obvious that they didn't like it.
On a brighter note, as the snow was replacing the mist, the sun was finally coming out again. Liath could barely remember when he'd ever seen it before, and he was incredibly thankful for every ray of sunlight he could catch.
That was, until one of those rays began looking strange, taking up a shape, and finally grinning at him with a dragon's face.
At first he thought that he was going crazy, that he maybe had a sunstroke, but when Nestor began growling under his breath, he knew this wasn't the case. It was, in fact, a dragon flying in the sky.
Said dragon had now landed before them and smiled. It looked like it could blend in with the snow around them quite well, and had some stroking resemblance with an eartworm - at least shape-wise.
dragon?age=1&body=89&bodygene=8&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=20&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=16&auth=01022876f60d4c8ca68605c8e53397e5a69718d4&dummyext=prev.png
"G'day, I'm Iris", it smiled. "Ya don't see that often around 'ere, other dergs. Where ya goin'?"
Liath felt his companion's gazes burning on his scales. "We're... exploring", he said, keeping it vague. "My friends are accompanying me on my Search. May I return the question?"
"I live here", Iris pointed out.
The guardian took note of the fact that Nestor still hadn't relaxed. Again, he wondered what that dragon was hiding.
The spiral dragon came too close for comfort, grinning widely. "I don't know what that searching thing is", she chirped, "but it sounds fun. I'm in. Right?"
From up close, he could see that she had a darker gleam in her big eyes, one he just couldn't read. He shot a look at Nestor.
"...whatever", the imperial growled.
Day 107
Ambush

It just wasn't fair.
Coral couldn't believe this was really happening. Poor kid. Lost both of his parents and now? She finally figured out why he was still tumbling into walls and doorframes.
The reason was that Thanatos was blind.
And she really couldn't figure out what he'd done to deserve this.

coin flip: heads
Venue: Thunderhead Savannah
Liath: Lv. 14
Flavia: Lv. 14 -> 15
Specs: Lv. 14 -> 15
Day 108
Spineback Slug

When Nestor woke up the next day, Iolanda was gone.
A flap of his wings was enough to create enough turbulences to make Iris fall from the sky. In a flash, he was above her and pinned her down.
"You", he growled. "I didn't think you would show your true colors that fast."
She flashed him a grin. "So you know who I am, then."
"How could I forget the face of the rat that sold my family to the empire", he spat.
"Well, go ahead and kill me."
Nestor raised a claw, large enough to cut her in half. Hesitated.
"You can't. Because that guardian friend of yours would ask about her and me. And you can't sell him a story if you're the only 'whitness'." Iris smirked. "You need me. Soft-hearted fool."
"I will kill you", he hissed, "just not now. Watch your back."
"We'll see who kills whom here."

Number of battles: 32
Iolanda: Lv. 10
Fennec: Lv. 12 -> 13
Flavia: Lv. 15
Boss encounters: 4
Day 109
Edamame

Liath took it calmly, much to Nestor's surprise. But that might be because they told him a group of wildclaws crossed their path while they were sleeping, and Iolanda had decided to go with them. She hadn't wanted to wake him because he really needed the rest, and so, she'd just left her silk sash for him as a promise to meet again.
If he knew the truth... Nestor feared what he'd become.

Number of battles:
Specs: Lv. 15
Thanatos: Lv. 7 -> 8
frcomm48.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9