Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Trust me [Hiatus]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][font=Castellar]Day 16[/font] [item=Tiger Beetle][/center] Panting, Fennec watched the monsters flee. The dragons had found themselves surrounded as they woke up - or in Specs' case, [i]didn't[/i] woke up -, but fortunately, the trio knew how to defend themselves by now. "Well", she huffed. "We should get going, don't you think? I'd rather get somewhere safe." "Yes." Specs nodded. Then he shot Lou an odd look. "And what'cher doing with that fella?" The wildclaw held a tiny mouse in this front claws. "Uh", he stuttered. "Well, it's friendly, and I thought I could keep it? Maybe?" "Awww!" The guardian instantly started cooing over the mouse. "Isn't that a sweet little mouse? You should keep it. It's [i]so [/i]sweet!" Specs blinked in disbelief. Then he shot the manticore a look. "Whatever, huh." The beast strolled over to the other dragons, and stretched itself to look at the mouse. "No food", Lou growled. It snarled disappointedly and returned to the snapper's side. Fennec grinned. "Seems like I'm the last one who needs a pet."
Day 16
Tiger Beetle

Panting, Fennec watched the monsters flee. The dragons had found themselves surrounded as they woke up - or in Specs' case, didn't woke up -, but fortunately, the trio knew how to defend themselves by now. "Well", she huffed. "We should get going, don't you think? I'd rather get somewhere safe."
"Yes." Specs nodded. Then he shot Lou an odd look. "And what'cher doing with that fella?"
The wildclaw held a tiny mouse in this front claws. "Uh", he stuttered. "Well, it's friendly, and I thought I could keep it? Maybe?"
"Awww!" The guardian instantly started cooing over the mouse. "Isn't that a sweet little mouse? You should keep it. It's so sweet!"
Specs blinked in disbelief. Then he shot the manticore a look. "Whatever, huh."
The beast strolled over to the other dragons, and stretched itself to look at the mouse.
"No food", Lou growled.
It snarled disappointedly and returned to the snapper's side.
Fennec grinned. "Seems like I'm the last one who needs a pet."
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 17[/font] [item=Brilliant Healer's Mantle][/center] Specs led the way. He was some meters ahead of the other dragons, even though Fennec didn't limp any more. But he felt like his companions needed some time for themselves. Yeah, they could call him insensitive, but he knew fairly well what was going on. He just didn't act like it, mostly. And those two dragons, clearly, were something. "Fennec?", Lou asked, muffled. Specs tried to picture him, with that blue mouse sitting on on his shoulder, or maybe even his head. But he didn't do well. "Uh-huh?" The guardian sounded rather distracted. It wasn't like she was premature; it was Lou who was late-maturing. Specs was certain of it. Lou still was kind of a kid. Wildclaws were strange, by all means. But then again, what did he know? Every dragon that so much as [i]slept [/i]on a regular basis was strange to him. "I, um... I made something for you. I thought you might like to cover your leg where the monsters hit you so this doesn't happen again..." Good Eleven, that dragon was stammering. Fennec gasped in surprise. "Oh, wow, is that - you - you made this... by [i]yourself[/i]... for [i]me[/i]?" "Umm. Yes. Kind of." Lou sniffed. "Do you... do you like it?" "Are you joking? These are beautiful! Wait, let me put them on, okay?" Specs stopped and peeked over his shoulder. Okay, maybe he was a little curious. But what else should he do when he had his personal soap opera happening behind his back? The items in question were - great, by Specs' means, or small, by Fennec's means - ensembles of brown feathers, which she now tied around her ankles. "Thank you so much!" The guardian smiled. "Oh, uh, you're welcome." Specs got back to walking, and wondering when Lou would understand. It seemed like it would take a long time.
Day 17
Brilliant Healer's Mantle

Specs led the way. He was some meters ahead of the other dragons, even though Fennec didn't limp any more. But he felt like his companions needed some time for themselves. Yeah, they could call him insensitive, but he knew fairly well what was going on. He just didn't act like it, mostly. And those two dragons, clearly, were something.
"Fennec?", Lou asked, muffled.
Specs tried to picture him, with that blue mouse sitting on on his shoulder, or maybe even his head. But he didn't do well.
"Uh-huh?" The guardian sounded rather distracted.
It wasn't like she was premature; it was Lou who was late-maturing. Specs was certain of it. Lou still was kind of a kid. Wildclaws were strange, by all means. But then again, what did he know? Every dragon that so much as slept on a regular basis was strange to him.
"I, um... I made something for you. I thought you might like to cover your leg where the monsters hit you so this doesn't happen again..." Good Eleven, that dragon was stammering.
Fennec gasped in surprise. "Oh, wow, is that - you - you made this... by yourself... for me?"
"Umm. Yes. Kind of." Lou sniffed. "Do you... do you like it?"
"Are you joking? These are beautiful! Wait, let me put them on, okay?"
Specs stopped and peeked over his shoulder. Okay, maybe he was a little curious. But what else should he do when he had his personal soap opera happening behind his back?
The items in question were - great, by Specs' means, or small, by Fennec's means - ensembles of brown feathers, which she now tied around her ankles.
"Thank you so much!" The guardian smiled.
"Oh, uh, you're welcome."
Specs got back to walking, and wondering when Lou would understand.
It seemed like it would take a long time.
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 18[/font] [item=Blue Quartz] [size=1](Agh, it's hard to find something to write when all Pinkeron gives you is materials -.-)[/center] They were walking. Still walking. The lake seemed to extend endless. "We should have taken the other way", Fannec mumbled to herself. Lou sighed, barely keeping his pace. "Maybe..." "I could carry you, if you'd like", she offered. "Nah." The wildclaw kept walking, even though he was half asleep already. "Let's take a break." Specs stopped. "Ain't no use in exhausting ourselves. 'Sides, the sun's been down for almost two hours now." No objections.
Day 18
Blue Quartz
(Agh, it's hard to find something to write when all Pinkeron gives you is materials -.-)

They were walking. Still walking. The lake seemed to extend endless.
"We should have taken the other way", Fannec mumbled to herself.
Lou sighed, barely keeping his pace. "Maybe..."
"I could carry you, if you'd like", she offered.
"Nah." The wildclaw kept walking, even though he was half asleep already.
"Let's take a break." Specs stopped. "Ain't no use in exhausting ourselves. 'Sides, the sun's been down for almost two hours now."
No objections.
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 19[/font] [item=Silver Filigree Breastplate] [size=1](...and apparel. Gods, Pink, I won't breed Fennec and Specs, shut it already!)[/size][/center] "So, how about now? The offer still holds, Lou. I carry you if you get tired." Fennec turned a little to look at her companion. He shook his head. "No, really, I'm fine! Besides, I should be the one carrying [i]you[/i] if needed." She frowned. "Oh, and why is that?" "Be- because you're a female? And I'm a male." The frown turned into a snarl. "Fine!", the guardian snapped, picking up pace. "Whatever you want!" Specs and Lou watched startled as Fennec sped up so much they'd have to run to keep up with her. "Um", the wildclaw mumbled. "Guess I messed up?" "You sure did." Specs broke out laughing. "Well", he snickered after a while, "I'll have a word with her. You... you just try to keep it up." Lou nodded. "Oh, um, tell her I was just trying to go by the etiquette. Please." "Aye. Hey, Fen! It was etiquette!" Specs didn't really intended to be a matchmaker, but... well... [i]his [/i]soap opera. He couldn't let all his hopes for a happy ending die at this early stage, could he?
Day 19
Silver Filigree Breastplate
(...and apparel. Gods, Pink, I won't breed Fennec and Specs, shut it already!)

"So, how about now? The offer still holds, Lou. I carry you if you get tired." Fennec turned a little to look at her companion.
He shook his head. "No, really, I'm fine! Besides, I should be the one carrying you if needed."
She frowned. "Oh, and why is that?"
"Be- because you're a female? And I'm a male."
The frown turned into a snarl. "Fine!", the guardian snapped, picking up pace. "Whatever you want!"
Specs and Lou watched startled as Fennec sped up so much they'd have to run to keep up with her.
"Um", the wildclaw mumbled. "Guess I messed up?"
"You sure did." Specs broke out laughing.
"Well", he snickered after a while, "I'll have a word with her. You... you just try to keep it up."
Lou nodded. "Oh, um, tell her I was just trying to go by the etiquette. Please."
"Aye. Hey, Fen! It was etiquette!"
Specs didn't really intended to be a matchmaker, but... well... his soap opera. He couldn't let all his hopes for a happy ending die at this early stage, could he?
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 20[/font] [item=Cricket][/center] "Are you hurt?" "Nah, I'm fine, you?" "Some scratches, but nothing terrible." Specs looked over his shoulder. "Wait, where's Lou?" "He's-" Fennec grew pale. "Oh. Darn." She stretched herself, took a long look over the field, and boomed: "[i]LOU[/i]!!!" Then she heard it. A faint voice, carried by the wind, barely recognizeable. But she could hear one thing clearly: Her name. The guardian took a run-up and jumped into the lake. She ignored Specs' shocked outcry, and she ignored the fact she couldn't swim. Which, probably, wasn't a good idea. The cold of the water bit her skin; her scales weren't helping much. But even worse was the lack of oxygen. Fennec hadn't thought about taking a deep breath before jumping; why should she have? She'd never learned how to swim! The guardian struggled, but there was no ground underneath her, and- where was the surface? Was it above her head? Or was it the light spot in the water? Light spot, she decided. Light was were air was. That simple. But then again, how should she get there? She didn't knew- she couldn't- think... [i]darn it, Fennec, think![/i] Water was like air, wasn't it? Just kind of... thicker. But why shouldn't she try moving around using her wings? The guardian stretched her wings, and at an instant, she got pulled away from the light. She hit the ground with full force, her tail, her wing, then her head. Everything went dark. ... Was that...? [size=0](...no. She isn't dead. Not yet.)[/size]
Day 20
Cricket

"Are you hurt?"
"Nah, I'm fine, you?"
"Some scratches, but nothing terrible."
Specs looked over his shoulder. "Wait, where's Lou?"
"He's-" Fennec grew pale. "Oh. Darn." She stretched herself, took a long look over the field, and boomed: "LOU!!!"
Then she heard it. A faint voice, carried by the wind, barely recognizeable. But she could hear one thing clearly: Her name.
The guardian took a run-up and jumped into the lake. She ignored Specs' shocked outcry, and she ignored the fact she couldn't swim. Which, probably, wasn't a good idea.
The cold of the water bit her skin; her scales weren't helping much. But even worse was the lack of oxygen. Fennec hadn't thought about taking a deep breath before jumping; why should she have? She'd never learned how to swim!
The guardian struggled, but there was no ground underneath her, and- where was the surface? Was it above her head? Or was it the light spot in the water?
Light spot, she decided. Light was were air was. That simple. But then again, how should she get there? She didn't knew- she couldn't- think... darn it, Fennec, think!
Water was like air, wasn't it? Just kind of... thicker. But why shouldn't she try moving around using her wings?
The guardian stretched her wings, and at an instant, she got pulled away from the light. She hit the ground with full force, her tail, her wing, then her head. Everything went dark.

Was that...?

(...no. She isn't dead. Not yet.)
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 21[/font] [item=Spotted Grasshopper][/center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41102343&skin=0&apparel=5688,5691,5694,5692,5690,5693&xt=dressing.png[/img] There was a dragon. Fennec could barely blink - she felt [i]so [/i]dizzy. But she... was alive, most certainly. That dragon didn't look like a dragon serving its deity. In fact, he looked frightening. She coughed and spit out a mouth full of water. The dragon - it seemed to be a wildclaw, though it was tough to make out due to all the armor he was wearing - didn't notice her at all. He moved slowly, circling something. It took Fennec a while to realize it was Lou. The guardian found herself seething with rage. That stranger tried to attack her comrade, didn't he? Well, he looked strong, but in the end, he was smaller than her. She finally managed to get to her feet, even though her body ached with every move. But she [i]could [/i]stand; it couldn't be that bad. "Stop that", Fennec growled, her throat raw with both anger and pain. "You want to hurt Lou? You'll have to go through me." The wildclaw turned and looked at her, a snarl on his face, but impressed by her size nevertheless. There was no fear in his expression, but she caught a glimpse of respect as he growled: "Well... I'd like to see that." Lou flung himself at the other dragon, catching him by surprise. The two dragons clawed at each other, too fast for Fennec to trace their movements. After mere seconds, Lou stumbled over to her and leaned against her leg, while the other dragon just brushed dirt off himself. Both of them were bleeding, which lead the guardian to wonder how long the fight had been going on. She leaned down to Lou. "Don't worry. I got your back now." "I'm glad you're okay", he replied shakily. "But which part of [i]Don't follow me, I'll be fine[/i] did you not understand?" Fennec chuckled. "All of them, I guess." The other wildclaw, who had been eyeing them critically, hissed in annoyance. "Darn. I better get going." "Wait", Lou yelled, "Kyan-" But the dragon already took off and disappeared within a few seconds. "Who was that?", Fennec asked. "I'll..." Lou slipped to the ground. "...tell you later." The guardian picked him up and placed him on her back. [i]Time to find Specs[/i], she decided. She couldn't help but wonder, though, what this Kyan dragon had wanted.
Day 21
Spotted Grasshopper

dragon?did=41102343&skin=0&apparel=5688,5691,5694,5692,5690,5693&xt=dressing.png

There was a dragon.
Fennec could barely blink - she felt so dizzy. But she... was alive, most certainly. That dragon didn't look like a dragon serving its deity. In fact, he looked frightening.
She coughed and spit out a mouth full of water.
The dragon - it seemed to be a wildclaw, though it was tough to make out due to all the armor he was wearing - didn't notice her at all. He moved slowly, circling something. It took Fennec a while to realize it was Lou.
The guardian found herself seething with rage. That stranger tried to attack her comrade, didn't he? Well, he looked strong, but in the end, he was smaller than her.
She finally managed to get to her feet, even though her body ached with every move. But she could stand; it couldn't be that bad.
"Stop that", Fennec growled, her throat raw with both anger and pain. "You want to hurt Lou? You'll have to go through me."
The wildclaw turned and looked at her, a snarl on his face, but impressed by her size nevertheless. There was no fear in his expression, but she caught a glimpse of respect as he growled: "Well... I'd like to see that."
Lou flung himself at the other dragon, catching him by surprise. The two dragons clawed at each other, too fast for Fennec to trace their movements. After mere seconds, Lou stumbled over to her and leaned against her leg, while the other dragon just brushed dirt off himself.
Both of them were bleeding, which lead the guardian to wonder how long the fight had been going on. She leaned down to Lou. "Don't worry. I got your back now."
"I'm glad you're okay", he replied shakily. "But which part of Don't follow me, I'll be fine did you not understand?"
Fennec chuckled. "All of them, I guess."
The other wildclaw, who had been eyeing them critically, hissed in annoyance. "Darn. I better get going."
"Wait", Lou yelled, "Kyan-"
But the dragon already took off and disappeared within a few seconds.
"Who was that?", Fennec asked.
"I'll..." Lou slipped to the ground. "...tell you later."
The guardian picked him up and placed him on her back. Time to find Specs, she decided. She couldn't help but wonder, though, what this Kyan dragon had wanted.
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 22[/font] [item=Moth-eaten Mith Doll][/center] Specs shook his head. "Repeat that again." Fennec had run into him after no more that three hours yesterday. He'd been relieved, even euphoric given the fact that they'd lost little to no time. He knew the area from here on; it would only take them about another day to reach teir destination. Lou'd awoken half an hour ago - he still rested on Fennec's back - and told them about what happened, and who the dragon had been. Now, both Fennec and Specs were shocked. "He's my twin brother." The wildclaw sighed. "He attacked me during the fight and dragged me into the lake. I managed to push him into a current, but I couldn't get out of the water since I was too far from the shore and my feathers were soaked in water. That was when I called out to you not to follow me, which Fen cleary didn't understand." "I understood the second part", Specs stated. "But that twin brother thing? Explain yourself!" Lou was silent for a while. "I overheard my parents talking about him", he said finally. "And I could remember him a little. I saw him in my dreams. But I wasn't sure wether he survived or not. I just [i]knew [/i]it was him the second he attacked me." "What happened right after you got washed up at the shore." Fennec turned her head to look at him. He nodded. "I was conscious the whole time and tried to hide, but it's kind of difficult to do that if you have red wings, you know." She stiffled a laugh. "I almost forgot." "I don't know how we got to the place were you got washed up, but nevertheless, I'm glad we did; he wanted the book, and he would have killed me to get it if it hadn't been for you." Specs laughed loudly. "You have an evil twin! [i]Eleven[/i], what a cliché!" Fennec shot him a deadpan look. "Yeah. Funny, isn't it. That Lou had to fight his own brother. What would you say if your sister was brain-washed by the empire and wanted to kill you?" "Uh... I..." The snapper went silent. "See." The guardian snorted. "Funny." They walked in silence for a long while after that. [i]I need someone else to take my side[/i], Specs thought. [i]As much as I like these two... but sometimes, they're just unbearable.[/i]
Day 22
Moth-eaten Mith Doll

Specs shook his head. "Repeat that again."
Fennec had run into him after no more that three hours yesterday. He'd been relieved, even euphoric given the fact that they'd lost little to no time. He knew the area from here on; it would only take them about another day to reach teir destination.
Lou'd awoken half an hour ago - he still rested on Fennec's back - and told them about what happened, and who the dragon had been. Now, both Fennec and Specs were shocked.
"He's my twin brother." The wildclaw sighed. "He attacked me during the fight and dragged me into the lake. I managed to push him into a current, but I couldn't get out of the water since I was too far from the shore and my feathers were soaked in water. That was when I called out to you not to follow me, which Fen cleary didn't understand."
"I understood the second part", Specs stated. "But that twin brother thing? Explain yourself!"
Lou was silent for a while. "I overheard my parents talking about him", he said finally. "And I could remember him a little. I saw him in my dreams. But I wasn't sure wether he survived or not. I just knew it was him the second he attacked me."
"What happened right after you got washed up at the shore." Fennec turned her head to look at him.
He nodded. "I was conscious the whole time and tried to hide, but it's kind of difficult to do that if you have red wings, you know."
She stiffled a laugh. "I almost forgot."
"I don't know how we got to the place were you got washed up, but nevertheless, I'm glad we did; he wanted the book, and he would have killed me to get it if it hadn't been for you."
Specs laughed loudly. "You have an evil twin! Eleven, what a cliché!"
Fennec shot him a deadpan look. "Yeah. Funny, isn't it. That Lou had to fight his own brother. What would you say if your sister was brain-washed by the empire and wanted to kill you?"
"Uh... I..." The snapper went silent.
"See." The guardian snorted. "Funny."
They walked in silence for a long while after that.
I need someone else to take my side, Specs thought. As much as I like these two... but sometimes, they're just unbearable.
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 23[/font] [item=Dusk Rogue Wing Guard] [size=1](Oh, I [i]knew [/i]it. The day before Lou's off cooldown. Well, guess who won't give me any apparel for at least two weeks from now?)[/center] "This... is a mountain." Fennec stood before the giant rock, her jaws agape, and her eyes almost bulging out. Lou, next to her, stared at it with almost the same expression. Specs couldn't help but laugh. "Most certainly is", he replied. "And our cave is right here, just some feet higher in the air. Thought you guys might like that, being wind dragons and all." Both 'wind dragons' nodded in awe. "And it's huge", the snapper added. "Deeper inside, it's like a cave system. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole mountain was kinda hollow. It's just the right place to build up a revolutionary army." "[i]Vive la résistance[/i]", Fennec muttered. -- Later that day, after finding the cave, exploring a little and preparing themselves some nests, Fennec found herself wandering around the aisles and wondering where her companions might have gone. Specs was most certainly in the lower levels, clearing out dust and feathers, but where was Lou? She didn't remember hearing him say anything. The guardian looked through some of the greater hollows, and finally, she saw a light blue shimmer in one. She approached the wildclaw slowly. "Hey, are you allright?" "Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." He resumed gazing through a hole in the wall, barely big enough for a fae to fit through. "I was just... checking the caves for holes like this. I wouldn't want a surprise attack coming our way." "You won't have to worry about that one, though." Lou shook his head, smiling. "Probably not." They stood in silence for a while, Lou peeking hrough the hole, Fennec not understanding what he found so interesting about this. "Do you... think you'll be fine?", she finally asked. "After what happened?" "You mean, will I be fine with fighting my brother?" He sighed. "Yes. I never knew him, anyway. If I had to fight my parents who cared for me for at least the first days of my life, it would be different. But my brother could just be an ordinary dragon. I don't really care about him." "That's sad", Fennec said. "Oh, you think so?" She nodded. "I never heard of anything sadder than siblings who don't know each other." "I could think of sadder things.", the wildclaw muttered. "For example... oh, uh..." She lowered her head. "Sorry, what was that? I didn't understand you." "Nothing." Silence. "Fen? I need you to promise me something." She frowned. "Oh, okay? What would that be?" "As happy as I was about you helping me out when I was attacked-" Lou sighed. "I don't want you to do that again. I could tell Kyan was about to attack you. And he's stonger than us, probably a lot. I don't want you to get hurt." Fennec immediately shook her head. "Sorry, I can't do that. Look, I understand. But in the end, I'm a guardian dragon, and you're just asking me to abandon my instincts." "I know!", he cried. "But how could I live with myself if he hurt you because you tried to protect me?!" "How could I live with myself if he hurt you because I didn't?!", she shot back. "Why do you even [i]want [/i]to protect me?!" "Because it belongs to guardian nature to protect the dragon we love!" Fennec stopped. Lou stared at her in disbelief. For a long time, neither of them said a word. "Oh", he finally muttered. "Oh", she replied. "Okay." "Yeah." "Well then..." The wildclaw leaned towards her. "That's fine, I guess. But please, be careful. I wouldn't want the dragon [i]I [/i]love to be hurt." Fennec snickered softly. "Well, okay. Fine." She paused. "You know, I think this was the most awkward and cliché confession, like, ever." "Talk about clichés. I have an evil twin, after all."
Day 23
Dusk Rogue Wing Guard
(Oh, I knew it. The day before Lou's off cooldown. Well, guess who won't give me any apparel for at least two weeks from now?)

"This... is a mountain."
Fennec stood before the giant rock, her jaws agape, and her eyes almost bulging out. Lou, next to her, stared at it with almost the same expression.
Specs couldn't help but laugh. "Most certainly is", he replied. "And our cave is right here, just some feet higher in the air. Thought you guys might like that, being wind dragons and all."
Both 'wind dragons' nodded in awe.
"And it's huge", the snapper added. "Deeper inside, it's like a cave system. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole mountain was kinda hollow. It's just the right place to build up a revolutionary army."
"Vive la résistance", Fennec muttered.

--

Later that day, after finding the cave, exploring a little and preparing themselves some nests, Fennec found herself wandering around the aisles and wondering where her companions might have gone. Specs was most certainly in the lower levels, clearing out dust and feathers, but where was Lou? She didn't remember hearing him say anything.
The guardian looked through some of the greater hollows, and finally, she saw a light blue shimmer in one. She approached the wildclaw slowly. "Hey, are you allright?"
"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." He resumed gazing through a hole in the wall, barely big enough for a fae to fit through. "I was just... checking the caves for holes like this. I wouldn't want a surprise attack coming our way."
"You won't have to worry about that one, though."
Lou shook his head, smiling. "Probably not."
They stood in silence for a while, Lou peeking hrough the hole, Fennec not understanding what he found so interesting about this.
"Do you... think you'll be fine?", she finally asked. "After what happened?"
"You mean, will I be fine with fighting my brother?" He sighed. "Yes. I never knew him, anyway. If I had to fight my parents who cared for me for at least the first days of my life, it would be different. But my brother could just be an ordinary dragon. I don't really care about him."
"That's sad", Fennec said.
"Oh, you think so?"
She nodded. "I never heard of anything sadder than siblings who don't know each other."
"I could think of sadder things.", the wildclaw muttered. "For example... oh, uh..."
She lowered her head. "Sorry, what was that? I didn't understand you."
"Nothing."
Silence.
"Fen? I need you to promise me something."
She frowned. "Oh, okay? What would that be?"
"As happy as I was about you helping me out when I was attacked-" Lou sighed. "I don't want you to do that again. I could tell Kyan was about to attack you. And he's stonger than us, probably a lot. I don't want you to get hurt."
Fennec immediately shook her head. "Sorry, I can't do that. Look, I understand. But in the end, I'm a guardian dragon, and you're just asking me to abandon my instincts."
"I know!", he cried. "But how could I live with myself if he hurt you because you tried to protect me?!"
"How could I live with myself if he hurt you because I didn't?!", she shot back.
"Why do you even want to protect me?!"
"Because it belongs to guardian nature to protect the dragon we love!" Fennec stopped.
Lou stared at her in disbelief.
For a long time, neither of them said a word.
"Oh", he finally muttered.
"Oh", she replied.
"Okay."
"Yeah."
"Well then..." The wildclaw leaned towards her. "That's fine, I guess. But please, be careful. I wouldn't want the dragon I love to be hurt."
Fennec snickered softly. "Well, okay. Fine." She paused. "You know, I think this was the most awkward and cliché confession, like, ever."
"Talk about clichés. I have an evil twin, after all."
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 24[/font] [item=Raven Woodtreads] [size=1](Yeah, guess who was wrong...)[/size][/center] "So you two..." Lou blushed. "Uh-huh." "Yas! [i]Finally[/i]!", Specs boomed. "Hush!", the wildclaw hissed. "Come on! I [i]told [/i]you Fen said she needs some peace. You yelling is definitely not peace!" The snapper could barely contain his laughter. "Kh, fiiiine... I'll be gone exploring the cave system, then. See ya later." As he walked off, he literally shook with excitement. The manticore eyed him critically, not understanding what was going on. Lou snorted and shook his head before turning around and walking back to his... mate. Ugh, he would need time to get used to that. "Fen", he whispered, snuggling up to her. "Is everything okay? I can't remember any other day you didn't want to get up." Fennec blinked at him, joy filling her eyes. "No, I'm fine." She paused. "In fact, I'm even better than fine. There's something I need to show you." The guardian pointed to a place beween her font legs. Lou gasped. "That's- you- me-" "Yes." She chuckled. "We'll be having hatchlings." "Wow. Really. I mean- ...wow." "You're speachless, huh?" "I'm... yes. I never thought I'd be having kids... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like that." He took a deep breath. "I'm so happy... I just don't know how to phrase it." Fennec grinned. "Honestly, I didn't expect you to react in any other way. You're so innocent about this kind of things - it's so sweet." "Oh. Whew." [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/3/3healthy_0dead.png[/img] [size=1](I'm so glad it's not only one egg. I'd hate myself if their only child would die before it even hatched.)[/size]
Day 24
Raven Woodtreads
(Yeah, guess who was wrong...)

"So you two..."
Lou blushed. "Uh-huh."
"Yas! Finally!", Specs boomed.
"Hush!", the wildclaw hissed. "Come on! I told you Fen said she needs some peace. You yelling is definitely not peace!"
The snapper could barely contain his laughter. "Kh, fiiiine... I'll be gone exploring the cave system, then. See ya later." As he walked off, he literally shook with excitement. The manticore eyed him critically, not understanding what was going on.
Lou snorted and shook his head before turning around and walking back to his... mate. Ugh, he would need time to get used to that. "Fen", he whispered, snuggling up to her. "Is everything okay? I can't remember any other day you didn't want to get up."
Fennec blinked at him, joy filling her eyes. "No, I'm fine." She paused. "In fact, I'm even better than fine. There's something I need to show you." The guardian pointed to a place beween her font legs.
Lou gasped. "That's- you- me-"
"Yes." She chuckled. "We'll be having hatchlings."
"Wow. Really. I mean- ...wow."
"You're speachless, huh?"
"I'm... yes. I never thought I'd be having kids... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like that." He took a deep breath. "I'm so happy... I just don't know how to phrase it."
Fennec grinned. "Honestly, I didn't expect you to react in any other way. You're so innocent about this kind of things - it's so sweet."
"Oh. Whew."

3healthy_0dead.png
(I'm so glad it's not only one egg. I'd hate myself if their only child would die before it even hatched.)
frcomm48.png
[center][font=Castellar]Day 25[/font] [item=Winter's Delight][/center] Specs had spotted some monsters in the lower cave levels. Thankfully, no one got hurt - or cracked - while the dragons fought them off, and it weren't that many monsters. "Are we done?", Lou breathed. Specs hummed. "I think so. Thanks for helping me. But I don't think those were the only ones; I guess we'll have to fight again the next days." "We should get the exploration done soon", Fennec added, gaze fixed at her eggs. "I wouldn't want them to run into a mob of monsters." "Aye." Specs nodded quickly. "I'll be off. There ain't that many caves left, but we got no time to loose."
Day 25
Winter's Delight

Specs had spotted some monsters in the lower cave levels. Thankfully, no one got hurt - or cracked - while the dragons fought them off, and it weren't that many monsters.
"Are we done?", Lou breathed.
Specs hummed. "I think so. Thanks for helping me. But I don't think those were the only ones; I guess we'll have to fight again the next days."
"We should get the exploration done soon", Fennec added, gaze fixed at her eggs. "I wouldn't want them to run into a mob of monsters."
"Aye." Specs nodded quickly. "I'll be off. There ain't that many caves left, but we got no time to loose."
frcomm48.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9