Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | 100 Hatchling Challenge!
1 2
@megalizardon4736 @ApostasiaAin @Wianes

Roselyn is on her 3rd nest and it looks like we'll be going up by three again!

Roselyn is on her 3rd nest and it looks like we'll be going up by three again!
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif

Our third nest has hatched with 1 male (and 7th son on Roselyn's side while her father is also a 7th son)

and 2 females!

We have officially reached 9/100 hatchlings and we'll have many more patterns and colors in the future.

Our third nest has hatched with 1 male (and 7th son on Roselyn's side while her father is also a 7th son)

and 2 females!

We have officially reached 9/100 hatchlings and we'll have many more patterns and colors in the future.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
oh cool I got your 4th kid
oh cool I got your 4th kid
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31642597] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316426/31642597_350.png[/img] [/url] @megalizardon4736 @ApostasiaAin @Wianes Roselyn's on a nest with her new mate... and wegged me. Seems our 3 egg streak is over but this stud is giving us an even 10/ 100 hatchlings.

31642597_350.png

Roselyn's on a nest with her new mate... and wegged me. Seems our 3 egg streak is over but this stud is giving us an even 10/ 100 hatchlings.

The 4th nest is hatched and Destria is the official 10th hatchling in the challenge. Her lore is up with a link to her on the first page!

The 4th nest is hatched and Destria is the official 10th hatchling in the challenge. Her lore is up with a link to her on the first page!

We have some lore updates on the first page!

We have some lore updates on the first page!
@megalizardon4736 @ApostasiaAin @Wianes Roselyn's next mate has been chosen and the two are now on a nest of 3 eggs! Hatchling 13 will be here in a few days... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28130179] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/281302/28130179_350.png[/img] [/url] Orion's lore update for this is partially finished on the first page and will be finished upon the nest hatching. And of course like the other fathers of this challenge he will be leaving the lair soon after the nest is hatched

Roselyn's next mate has been chosen and the two are now on a nest of 3 eggs! Hatchling 13 will be here in a few days...

28130179_350.png

Orion's lore update for this is partially finished on the first page and will be finished upon the nest hatching.
And of course like the other fathers of this challenge he will be leaving the lair soon after the nest is hatched
The nest has hatched and we are now up to 13/100 hatchlings!
Orion's lore on the first post has been completed and so have the three hatchlings lore!

~Zenthra
Zenthra was the first born of her nest and had an interest in divination from the start thanks to her father, Orion's, constant divination of the stars. However, as she grew older and her sister Hela began having visions and learned how to translate signs in the stars and moon; she didn't. Zenthra practiced for hours upon hours every night in search of something to prove she was just as good as her sister... For nothing. She might've had an interest in reading the future but that didn't seem to be her future. Eventually she began to turn her sights to studying the stars scientifically instead. It wasn't what she wanted to do with her life but her mother had commented once after Zenthra had shown her how she'd been able to predict a meteor shower based on past happenings in the area. Perhaps once she learned more on the subject it would become fascinating for her.

~Hela
Hela's specialty was obvious from the very beginning of her life. Her skills at finding and reading signs in the moon and stars were almost on par with her father's despite her young age. Of course, being a prodigy in his eyes wasn't easy. Orion was constantly working with her to hone her skills each night until she could use her divination without his assistance nor second guessing her own interpretations. Hela's dreams even began showing her the future as she aged. Some where almost nightmarish and despite her growing arrogance at her abilities the darkening signs tormented her waking thoughts until her mind began to warp. Her father of course blamed her brother for his cursed birth being the cause and Hela watched mutely each time her father bared his teeth at the smaller male. She couldn't stop what his brother might do. Her young mind could barely keep a handle of the future he could bring... but if she left... or if another dragon could stop him. Perhaps the visions would get better.

~Ender
His life was left to isolation the moment his head poked out of the green egg. Ender had been the thirteenth hatchling and with his father being a dragon who based life around divination and signs; he was seen as something to be kept far away from other living beings. He didn't know the love of another dragon other than the faint warmth of his mother's body around him and his sisters' eggs before they hatched. The bitterness that sprung up every time he saw his siblings was nearly enough to choke him... not that he ever acted on it. Orion had already proven he wasn't welcome near them and Ender could only imagine he'd be injured if not killed if he ever harmed another dragon. Upon growing up he was still an outcast but no longer cared about fending for himself. He had proven he could survive what other dragons did to him and now it was time to see if they could survive the monster they had created.
The nest has hatched and we are now up to 13/100 hatchlings!
Orion's lore on the first post has been completed and so have the three hatchlings lore!

~Zenthra
Zenthra was the first born of her nest and had an interest in divination from the start thanks to her father, Orion's, constant divination of the stars. However, as she grew older and her sister Hela began having visions and learned how to translate signs in the stars and moon; she didn't. Zenthra practiced for hours upon hours every night in search of something to prove she was just as good as her sister... For nothing. She might've had an interest in reading the future but that didn't seem to be her future. Eventually she began to turn her sights to studying the stars scientifically instead. It wasn't what she wanted to do with her life but her mother had commented once after Zenthra had shown her how she'd been able to predict a meteor shower based on past happenings in the area. Perhaps once she learned more on the subject it would become fascinating for her.

~Hela
Hela's specialty was obvious from the very beginning of her life. Her skills at finding and reading signs in the moon and stars were almost on par with her father's despite her young age. Of course, being a prodigy in his eyes wasn't easy. Orion was constantly working with her to hone her skills each night until she could use her divination without his assistance nor second guessing her own interpretations. Hela's dreams even began showing her the future as she aged. Some where almost nightmarish and despite her growing arrogance at her abilities the darkening signs tormented her waking thoughts until her mind began to warp. Her father of course blamed her brother for his cursed birth being the cause and Hela watched mutely each time her father bared his teeth at the smaller male. She couldn't stop what his brother might do. Her young mind could barely keep a handle of the future he could bring... but if she left... or if another dragon could stop him. Perhaps the visions would get better.

~Ender
His life was left to isolation the moment his head poked out of the green egg. Ender had been the thirteenth hatchling and with his father being a dragon who based life around divination and signs; he was seen as something to be kept far away from other living beings. He didn't know the love of another dragon other than the faint warmth of his mother's body around him and his sisters' eggs before they hatched. The bitterness that sprung up every time he saw his siblings was nearly enough to choke him... not that he ever acted on it. Orion had already proven he wasn't welcome near them and Ender could only imagine he'd be injured if not killed if he ever harmed another dragon. Upon growing up he was still an outcast but no longer cared about fending for himself. He had proven he could survive what other dragons did to him and now it was time to see if they could survive the monster they had created.

Hey everyone, sorry, no news on the next mate or new hatchlings this time.

I've actually decided to quit the challenge due to the majority of these hatchlings getting exalted despite being above fodder price and outside of dom battles.

Yeah, sounds like a bad excuse. Dragons get exalted all the time and I'm fine with that (I mean I exalt! It's part of Flight Rising!) but the point of this challenge is to get to 100 with as many alive as possible while finding them new homes that will at least keep them for a while at the least.

At first I was going to put a rule that stated for every exalted hatchling I would replace it by hatching more but that was when there was still only 1 or 2. Now it seems at least half are exalted and while this only got to 13- far from half way there- I'm not sure it'll be worth it to keep going.

Due I will still be doing this for the goal of reaching 100 (and because I told my irl friends I would get to that amount) I am going to keep breeding her but not as an official 100 HC. This means I won't be updating this thread with any more lore after I give the finishing lore to those who died (as in how they met their fate).

I had honestly hoped this was a chance to help me expand my lore writing and make interesting dragons as I went but I'm not really feeling the point of continuing to write lore for the hatchlings when they end up exalted a few days after they leave the lair at the most. Sure, these were more blurbs that anyone could expand on but it was meant to get me back into writing while also having a long spanning challenge not create a giant bio (which would've actually made me feel worse upon seeing me put that work into them only for them to get exalted if I had).

Sorry if you were enjoying this. Maybe I'll try another one in the future or a nuzlocke with a few selected dragons in my lair (I could never exalt all of them r.i.p.) but for now I'll just be doing my own breeding challenge without the lore or worry over finding good homes for them or not.

Hey everyone, sorry, no news on the next mate or new hatchlings this time.

I've actually decided to quit the challenge due to the majority of these hatchlings getting exalted despite being above fodder price and outside of dom battles.

Yeah, sounds like a bad excuse. Dragons get exalted all the time and I'm fine with that (I mean I exalt! It's part of Flight Rising!) but the point of this challenge is to get to 100 with as many alive as possible while finding them new homes that will at least keep them for a while at the least.

At first I was going to put a rule that stated for every exalted hatchling I would replace it by hatching more but that was when there was still only 1 or 2. Now it seems at least half are exalted and while this only got to 13- far from half way there- I'm not sure it'll be worth it to keep going.

Due I will still be doing this for the goal of reaching 100 (and because I told my irl friends I would get to that amount) I am going to keep breeding her but not as an official 100 HC. This means I won't be updating this thread with any more lore after I give the finishing lore to those who died (as in how they met their fate).

I had honestly hoped this was a chance to help me expand my lore writing and make interesting dragons as I went but I'm not really feeling the point of continuing to write lore for the hatchlings when they end up exalted a few days after they leave the lair at the most. Sure, these were more blurbs that anyone could expand on but it was meant to get me back into writing while also having a long spanning challenge not create a giant bio (which would've actually made me feel worse upon seeing me put that work into them only for them to get exalted if I had).

Sorry if you were enjoying this. Maybe I'll try another one in the future or a nuzlocke with a few selected dragons in my lair (I could never exalt all of them r.i.p.) but for now I'll just be doing my own breeding challenge without the lore or worry over finding good homes for them or not.

1 2