Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Esselm: 100 hatchling challenge
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@GlitterDCMarvel I LOVE IT!!!!! It's prefect.
@GlitterDCMarvel I LOVE IT!!!!! It's prefect.
Wiki-wordmark.png7sf9yqJ.png
@jessjankens I kinda imagined him knowing what she was up to. Lol!
@jessjankens I kinda imagined him knowing what she was up to. Lol!
looking for someone to make me a rainbow themed sig!
@GlitterDCMarvel I think you nailed Jason. If you don't mind I would like to add what you have to my lore, well the bits concerning Jason that is :)
@GlitterDCMarvel I think you nailed Jason. If you don't mind I would like to add what you have to my lore, well the bits concerning Jason that is :)
@Jessjankens feel absolutely free!!
@Jessjankens feel absolutely free!!
If no one wants the middle child I'm going to send him off to Rue's Gimme Giveaway. They usually have really cool dragons by the way. :)
If no one wants the middle child I'm going to send him off to Rue's Gimme Giveaway. They usually have really cool dragons by the way. :)
@jessjankens I saw! There are always really purtty dregs there!
@jessjankens I saw! There are always really purtty dregs there!
@GlitterDCMarvel - out of curiosity when would you want me to take Esselm? Citrine is RTB and I'll nest him with his usual partner if he won't be up for more than two cycles.
@GlitterDCMarvel - out of curiosity when would you want me to take Esselm? Citrine is RTB and I'll nest him with his usual partner if he won't be up for more than two cycles.
L1iCjA8.gif6I84XUY.gif
Sales_button22222.png
@jaxstronomy @jessjankens Hey, Jessjankens, can you send Esselm over to Jaxstronomy?
@jaxstronomy @jessjankens Hey, Jessjankens, can you send Esselm over to Jaxstronomy?
@Jaxstronomy Sending Esselm your way.
@Jaxstronomy Sending Esselm your way.
With permission from @GlitterDCMarvel, I wrote a little lore for Esselm's visit to my clan! @Queenmedusozoa @saristar @xariablossom21 @raccoongirl @anacondamiracle @jessjankens @crazydoll86 @pufferheart @deathnotes ------------ Esselm awoke in a pristine room, full of tools and wiring. The air smelled of ozone and something metallic. Two female Skydancers, one of obsidian crystal with green circuit lines, the other metallic purple and grey streaked with silver, were speaking in hushed tones. “Mina. She’s awake," the black Skydancer said. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34920288] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/349203/34920288_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The purple Skydancer approached the platform she’d been sleeping on. “Welcome to the Coliseum Research Institute. I’m Mina, the director. One of our field teams found you and brought you back here. This is Heimdallr, one of our field researchers and midwife." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17799512] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/177996/17799512_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Heimdallr approached and looked over the fae’s tiny form. “Egg sickness. Too many eggs in too short of time, without appropriate supplementation, is going to leave you weak. You just hatched a nest?" “Um, yes-" “More than one nest?" “Three. Nine hatchlings." “All in succession? It’s a good thing Rourke and I found you, a Bumble could knock you over right now. You’re going to stay here and rest, and no nests for a while-" “But I have to!" After listening to Esselm’s explanation, the deep purple Skydancer raised a paw to her mouth in thought. “Let me get Ithosra. She’s our arcane expert, she might have a few ideas." Heimdallr gave her some herbs stirred into broth - “It’ll keep your strength up” - and sat down with Esselm. Some time later, Mina returned with another circuit-marked Skydancer, rosy colored to match her arcane eyes. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33358653] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/333587/33358653_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A plan was formulated - Esselm could nest here under their supervision. Heimdallr would provide care, and Ithosra would observe, trying to determine if there was something she could do to break the curse - or at least ease its burden. “Of course, there is the problem of a male," Heimdallr remarked. “Perhaps we could ask Rourke-" “Out of the question.” Mina snapped, the feathers on her neck rising in agitation. “Gypsum would oblige but we’d have to answer to Selenite and Spinel… and we’re certainly not mixing whatever’s going on with her with Wintermute." “One of the egg-found? They’ve all been male so far." “Alstroemeria, maybe. Or perhaps…" “If I may interrupt, Director.” A male Skydancer, dust-colored, his circuit markings bright yellow, stepped into the room. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33145616] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331457/33145616_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] He spoke with a clipped monotone, and his motions were stiff and mechanical. “I have been proven inert to magic. I may be an ideal control subject for the study of this curse." “And Vitrine wouldn’t mind?” Mina asked. “I will inquire as to her opinion,” he replied. “Citrine does have a point,” Ithosra mused, gesticulating with one paw. “And unlike Rourke or the egg-found, he’s laid nests before, and his daughter Newton hasn’t moved on to a new clan or to serve Stormcatcher. We could compare her to the new hatchlings." “It’s settled then. You’ll rest, regain your strength, and have your nest while Ithosra and Heimdallr observe.” Mina said. “From what you said, this sounds like a powerful curse. But we should at least be able to keep you healthy through the rest of your quest.” Within a few days, Heimdallr agreed that Esselm was strong enough to lay another nest. Esselm was disappointed to only lay two eggs - her smallest nest yet. At this rate, she'd never get her magic back. [center] [img]https://s19.postimg.org/nd0yme0kj/2healthy_0dead.png[/img] [/center] "Don't worry too much," Heimdallr said when she brought another serving of insects to the young fae. A trio of shy young Skydancer chicks, black like their mother with circuit marks in shades of purple, peered out from behind their mother at Esselm and her nest. "Even I haven't had a hundred hatchlings. Have patience and be strong."
With permission from @GlitterDCMarvel, I wrote a little lore for Esselm's visit to my clan! @Queenmedusozoa @saristar @xariablossom21 @raccoongirl @anacondamiracle @jessjankens @crazydoll86 @pufferheart @deathnotes

Esselm awoke in a pristine room, full of tools and wiring. The air smelled of ozone and something metallic. Two female Skydancers, one of obsidian crystal with green circuit lines, the other metallic purple and grey streaked with silver, were speaking in hushed tones.

“Mina. She’s awake," the black Skydancer said.

The purple Skydancer approached the platform she’d been sleeping on. “Welcome to the Coliseum Research Institute. I’m Mina, the director. One of our field teams found you and brought you back here. This is Heimdallr, one of our field researchers and midwife."

Heimdallr approached and looked over the fae’s tiny form. “Egg sickness. Too many eggs in too short of time, without appropriate supplementation, is going to leave you weak. You just hatched a nest?"

“Um, yes-"

“More than one nest?"

“Three. Nine hatchlings."

“All in succession? It’s a good thing Rourke and I found you, a Bumble could knock you over right now. You’re going to stay here and rest, and no nests for a while-"

“But I have to!"

After listening to Esselm’s explanation, the deep purple Skydancer raised a paw to her mouth in thought. “Let me get Ithosra. She’s our arcane expert, she might have a few ideas."

Heimdallr gave her some herbs stirred into broth - “It’ll keep your strength up” - and sat down with Esselm. Some time later, Mina returned with another circuit-marked Skydancer, rosy colored to match her arcane eyes.

A plan was formulated - Esselm could nest here under their supervision. Heimdallr would provide care, and Ithosra would observe, trying to determine if there was something she could do to break the curse - or at least ease its burden.

“Of course, there is the problem of a male," Heimdallr remarked. “Perhaps we could ask Rourke-"

“Out of the question.” Mina snapped, the feathers on her neck rising in agitation. “Gypsum would oblige but we’d have to answer to Selenite and Spinel… and we’re certainly not mixing whatever’s going on with her with Wintermute."

“One of the egg-found? They’ve all been male so far."

“Alstroemeria, maybe. Or perhaps…"

“If I may interrupt, Director.” A male Skydancer, dust-colored, his circuit markings bright yellow, stepped into the room.

He spoke with a clipped monotone, and his motions were stiff and mechanical. “I have been proven inert to magic. I may be an ideal control subject for the study of this curse."

“And Vitrine wouldn’t mind?” Mina asked.

“I will inquire as to her opinion,” he replied.

“Citrine does have a point,” Ithosra mused, gesticulating with one paw. “And unlike Rourke or the egg-found, he’s laid nests before, and his daughter Newton hasn’t moved on to a new clan or to serve Stormcatcher. We could compare her to the new hatchlings."

“It’s settled then. You’ll rest, regain your strength, and have your nest while Ithosra and Heimdallr observe.” Mina said. “From what you said, this sounds like a powerful curse. But we should at least be able to keep you healthy through the rest of your quest.”

Within a few days, Heimdallr agreed that Esselm was strong enough to lay another nest. Esselm was disappointed to only lay two eggs - her smallest nest yet. At this rate, she'd never get her magic back.
2healthy_0dead.png

"Don't worry too much," Heimdallr said when she brought another serving of insects to the young fae. A trio of shy young Skydancer chicks, black like their mother with circuit marks in shades of purple, peered out from behind their mother at Esselm and her nest. "Even I haven't had a hundred hatchlings. Have patience and be strong."
L1iCjA8.gif6I84XUY.gif
Sales_button22222.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12