Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TCC] Potluck Cooking Contest
1 2 3 4
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/rh06c9sgz/tumblr_ot6kz1_BSvm1w7li2do1_540.png[/img][/center] [FONT=Century Gothic][size=4]“Ok, we admit it. We mayyyyy have had some miscalculations when it comes to what exactly you need for a dessert beach party. We’ve got some good ingredients lying around, but our recipe experiments have been… less than satisfactory. I mean, look at this stuff.[/size][/font] [center][Item = Soylent Yellow] [Item = Soylent Red] [Item = Soylent Green][/center] [FONT=Century Gothic][size=4]“Meat tower? Leaf gelatin? What’s next? Trout ice cream?”[/size=4][/font] [center][Item = Soylent Blue][/center] [FONT=Century Gothic][size=4]“... as I was saying, we really need some help to make our beach party a success. That’s where you come in.”[/size][/font] ----- [FONT=Century Gothic][size=4]This contest is starting [b]July 16th[/b] and all entries [b]must be submitted by 23:59 server time on July 28th[/b]. Entries beyond those dates will not be considered for prizes. Winners will be announced on July 29th. All entries are judged in each applicable category (Desserts, Savory, and Drinks), as well as the effort put into making your entry, and how appropriate your entry is to the theme(s). There are four bonus prizes beyond the main categories - Judge’s Choice, People’s Choice, Best Presentation, and Best Use of a Secret Ingredient.[/size][/font] [center][size=6][color=63B7C8]Hosts and Judges[/color][/size][/center] [center][FONT=Century Gothic][color=#778899]Host - [/color][/font]@jaxstronomy[/center] [center][FONT=Century Gothic][color=#778899]Judges - [/color][/font]@jaxstronomy @schaadenfreude @Tyeth[/center]
tumblr_ot6kz1_BSvm1w7li2do1_540.png

“Ok, we admit it. We mayyyyy have had some miscalculations when it comes to what exactly you need for a dessert beach party. We’ve got some good ingredients lying around, but our recipe experiments have been… less than satisfactory. I mean, look at this stuff.

Soylent Yellow Soylent Red Soylent Green

“Meat tower? Leaf gelatin? What’s next? Trout ice cream?”

Soylent Blue

“... as I was saying, we really need some help to make our beach party a success. That’s where you come in.”

This contest is starting July 16th and all entries must be submitted by 23:59 server time on July 28th. Entries beyond those dates will not be considered for prizes. Winners will be announced on July 29th. All entries are judged in each applicable category (Desserts, Savory, and Drinks), as well as the effort put into making your entry, and how appropriate your entry is to the theme(s). There are four bonus prizes beyond the main categories - Judge’s Choice, People’s Choice, Best Presentation, and Best Use of a Secret Ingredient.

Hosts and Judges
Host - @jaxstronomy
L1iCjA8.gif6I84XUY.gif
Sales_button22222.png
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/vl154rof7/tumblr_ot6kz1_BSvm1w7li2do4_r1_400.png[/img][/center] [FONT=Century Gothic][size=4] [LIST] [*]Users from every corner of the site are welcome - the only ones prohibited from participating are hosts and judges. Hosts from other events are also welcome to participate - the more, the merrier! [*]Entries don’t need to be FR-themed but they should be themed for our beach party! [*]Be SFW, etc. No matter how fun it is to make cookies in interesting shapes, this is still a site where children go, so keep it PG-13. [*]Your entry must be made by you! Not every single thing must be made from scratch, but buying a frozen pizza from the store and baking it in your oven does not count. [*]With your entry submit a photograph of the final product; it should be of high enough quality and lit well enough to clearly see the entry. Also make sure to include in the photo a card or sign with something to the effect of “See you at the beach! From, [your username]” [*]If possible, both for verification that you’ve followed the rules and also for ease of reference for someone else following your recipe, you are encouraged to include in-progress photographs; only the final product photo is absolutely required, however. [*]An entry may be edited; fixing typos and such in the text is fine, just include a note at the bottom of the post to indicate that this is what you’ve done. An entry may also be completely changed; you must notify the event hosts that this has happened. You are permitted to do this only once, and it cannot be changed back to the original once the change is made. [*]One entry per person. One entry is considered to be a single dish; it may consist of main item and side item, but they must form a cohesive whole. Disparate items or dishes are not considered to be one entry. A good rule of thumb: if you could reasonably see this being listed as one entry on a restaurant’s menu, then it’s one entry here. If there is any uncertainty on this matter, feel free to ask the judges for clarification. [*]Entries may either be a food item - dessert or savory snack - or a beach-appropriate beverage. [*]Please ping the host (@jaxstronomy) when you place your entry so we know it’s posted! [*]Please don’t make reserve posts for your entry - they waste space on the thread. Make a new post with your entry when you are ready to submit! [/LIST][/size][/font] [FONT=Century Gothic][size=4] [b]Does it have to be a recipe you made up or can it be from a cook book or internet?[/b] Seeing as all recipes are derivative of something, you are more than welcome to start/adapt from a recipe online or in a book. However, the recipe submitted has to be your own writing and photography. [b]Do you want the recipe portioned for a crowd or can you just make a sample portion to photograph?[/b] The recipe should include how many it'll serve, but don't worry about cooking enough for a crowd if it's something that can be made in individual portions. [b]How realistic is the beach potluck part - do you care about things like stuff possibly melting?[/b] The Lightning Flight may have some difficulties with cooking, but we can provide proper refrigeration! [b]Can you use just 1 thing resembling a secret ingredient or do you have to try to use them all or can you use none of them?[/b] You can use any or all of them - using one of the secret ingredients will put you in the running for the bonus prize, but all recipes will be considered for the other prizes. [/font][/size]
tumblr_ot6kz1_BSvm1w7li2do4_r1_400.png

• Users from every corner of the site are welcome - the only ones prohibited from participating are hosts and judges. Hosts from other events are also welcome to participate - the more, the merrier!
  • Entries don’t need to be FR-themed but they should be themed for our beach party!
  • Be SFW, etc. No matter how fun it is to make cookies in interesting shapes, this is still a site where children go, so keep it PG-13.
  • Your entry must be made by you! Not every single thing must be made from scratch, but buying a frozen pizza from the store and baking it in your oven does not count.
  • With your entry submit a photograph of the final product; it should be of high enough quality and lit well enough to clearly see the entry. Also make sure to include in the photo a card or sign with something to the effect of “See you at the beach! From, [your username]”
  • If possible, both for verification that you’ve followed the rules and also for ease of reference for someone else following your recipe, you are encouraged to include in-progress photographs; only the final product photo is absolutely required, however.
  • An entry may be edited; fixing typos and such in the text is fine, just include a note at the bottom of the post to indicate that this is what you’ve done. An entry may also be completely changed; you must notify the event hosts that this has happened. You are permitted to do this only once, and it cannot be changed back to the original once the change is made.
  • One entry per person. One entry is considered to be a single dish; it may consist of main item and side item, but they must form a cohesive whole. Disparate items or dishes are not considered to be one entry. A good rule of thumb: if you could reasonably see this being listed as one entry on a restaurant’s menu, then it’s one entry here. If there is any uncertainty on this matter, feel free to ask the judges for clarification.
  • Entries may either be a food item - dessert or savory snack - or a beach-appropriate beverage.
  • Please ping the host (@jaxstronomy) when you place your entry so we know it’s posted!
  • Please don’t make reserve posts for your entry - they waste space on the thread. Make a new post with your entry when you are ready to submit!

Does it have to be a recipe you made up or can it be from a cook book or internet?

Seeing as all recipes are derivative of something, you are more than welcome to start/adapt from a recipe online or in a book. However, the recipe submitted has to be your own writing and photography.

Do you want the recipe portioned for a crowd or can you just make a sample portion to photograph?

The recipe should include how many it'll serve, but don't worry about cooking enough for a crowd if it's something that can be made in individual portions.

How realistic is the beach potluck part - do you care about things like stuff possibly melting?

The Lightning Flight may have some difficulties with cooking, but we can provide proper refrigeration!

Can you use just 1 thing resembling a secret ingredient or do you have to try to use them all or can you use none of them?

You can use any or all of them - using one of the secret ingredients will put you in the running for the bonus prize, but all recipes will be considered for the other prizes.

L1iCjA8.gif6I84XUY.gif
Sales_button22222.png
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lp0254in7/tumblr_ot6kz1_BSvm1w7li2do3_r1_400.png[/img][/center] [quote=Decadent Desserts] [center]The best dessert to make the Dessert Beach party shine! [item= 1st Anniversary Fish Cake] [item = 1st Anniversary Stolen Cake] [item=Blue Jelly]x99 [item=Green Jelly]x99 [item=Blue Honeycomb]x99 [item=Blue Honeycomb]x99 [item=Sweetheart Swan] [item=Enamored Swan] [item = The Lucky Sage] [item = Accent: Building Charge] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]50,000[/center][/quote] [quote=Savory Snacks] [center]Picnic food, grilled dishes, seafood - whatever would fit in at the beach! [item= 1st Anniversary Meat Cake] [item=Silverside Tetras]x99 [item=Pineapple Shiners]x99 [item=Moonbeam Sardines]x99 [item=Sparkling Crayfish]x99 [item = Gold Steampunk Goggles][item = Gold Steampunk Scarf][item = Gold Steampunk Gloves] [item = Gold Steampunk Spats][item = Gold Steampunk Wings][item = Gold Steampunk Tail Bauble] [item=Sandshore Snipper] [item = Skin: Gilded Glass] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]50,000[/center][/quote] [quote=Umbrella Drinks] [center]Refreshing concoctions - cocktail umbrella not necessary, but encouraged! [item= 1st Anniversary Leaf Cake] [item=Glass Beaker]x5 [item=Reinforced Glass Beaker]x5 [item=Powerful Serthis Poison]x20 [item=Unstable Serthis Concoction]x20 [item=Watermelon]x99 [item=Sugarmelon]x99 [item = Snowfall Robe] [item=Leftover Residue][item=Shiny Residue][item = Cheerful Residue][item = Sentient Alloy] [item = Skin: Colorful Ice] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]50,000[/center][/quote] [quote=Judges’ Choice] [center] The judges' favorite recipe. [item= Unhatched Nocturne Egg] [/center] [/quote] [quote=People’s Choice] [center] A favorite recipe chosen by a poll that will start when the contest closes! [item = Prismatic Token] [/center] [/quote] [quote = Best Presentation][center] The best photograph and/or arrangement. [item = Black Tulip Lei] [item = Disgruntled View] [item = Agol] [item = Skin: Thundervolt][/center] [/quote] [quote = Best Use of A Secret Ingredient][center] The best recipe incorporating something that resembles these Secret Ingredients! [item = Satin Violets]x99 [item = Blue Jelly]x99 [item = Watermelon]x99 [item = Sugarmelon]x99 [item = Ghostcrab]x99 [item = Seashore Digger]x99[/center] [/quote]
tumblr_ot6kz1_BSvm1w7li2do3_r1_400.png
Decadent Desserts wrote:
The best dessert to make the Dessert Beach party shine!
1st Anniversary Fish Cake 1st Anniversary Stolen Cake
Blue Jelly x99 Green Jelly x99 Blue Honeycomb x99 Blue Honeycomb x99
Sweetheart Swan Enamored Swan
The Lucky Sage
Accent: Building Charge
icon_treasure.png50,000

Savory Snacks wrote:
Picnic food, grilled dishes, seafood - whatever would fit in at the beach!
1st Anniversary Meat Cake
Silverside Tetras x99 Pineapple Shiners x99 Moonbeam Sardines x99 Sparkling Crayfish x99
Gold Steampunk Goggles Gold Steampunk Scarf Gold Steampunk Gloves
Gold Steampunk Spats Gold Steampunk Wings Gold Steampunk Tail Bauble
Sandshore Snipper
Skin: Gilded Glass
icon_treasure.png50,000
Umbrella Drinks wrote:
Refreshing concoctions - cocktail umbrella not necessary, but encouraged!
1st Anniversary Leaf Cake
Glass Beaker x5 Reinforced Glass Beaker x5
Powerful Serthis Poison x20 Unstable Serthis Concoction x20
Watermelon x99 Sugarmelon x99
Snowfall Robe
Leftover Residue Shiny Residue Cheerful Residue Sentient Alloy
Skin: Colorful Ice
icon_treasure.png50,000
Judges’ Choice wrote:
The judges' favorite recipe.
Unhatched Nocturne Egg
People’s Choice wrote:
A favorite recipe chosen by a poll that will start when the contest closes!
Prismatic Token
Best Presentation wrote:
The best photograph and/or arrangement.
Black Tulip Lei Disgruntled View
Agol
Skin: Thundervolt
Best Use of A Secret Ingredient wrote:
The best recipe incorporating something that resembles these Secret Ingredients!
Satin Violets x99 Blue Jelly x99
Watermelon x99 Sugarmelon x99
Ghostcrab x99 Seashore Digger x99
L1iCjA8.gif6I84XUY.gif
Sales_button22222.png
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/j8y8ra0kj/tumblr_ot6kz1_BSvm1w7li2do5_r1_400.png[/img][/center] [font=Century Gothic][size=4]All entries should be submitted directly to the contest thread. [b]Entries should include:[/b] "Username", a title of your dish, a photo of your entry (at least one photo of the final product is required; in-progress photos are encouraged! Final product photo must include a sign with “See you at the beach! From, [your username]” and a description of your entry including the recipe and general appearance/detail of the finished product. Entries [b]MUST[/b] include the recipe (unless it's like a secret family trade-mark recipe or something, in which case you probably shouldn't be submitting that anyway). The descriptions do not have to be ridiculously long. The more detailed, the better. So quality over quantity in this case. Entries [b]CAN[/b] be edited up until the deadline, so don't be afraid to go back a change or add detail. Make sure you ping the host if you do this. Again, [b]ONE[/b] entry per person. Here is a form you need to follow:[/size][/font] [code] [b]Username:[/b] [b]Entry Title:[/b] [b]Entry Category:[/b] (Dessert, Savory, or Drink) [b]Entry Photo:[/b] [b]Description with Recipe:[/b][/code]
tumblr_ot6kz1_BSvm1w7li2do5_r1_400.png

All entries should be submitted directly to the contest thread.
Entries should include: "Username", a title of your dish, a photo of your entry (at least one photo of the final product is required; in-progress photos are encouraged!

Final product photo must include a sign with “See you at the beach! From, [your username]” and a description of your entry including the recipe and general appearance/detail of the finished product.

Entries MUST include the recipe (unless it's like a secret family trade-mark recipe or something, in which case you probably shouldn't be submitting that anyway).

The descriptions do not have to be ridiculously long. The more detailed, the better. So quality over quantity in this case.

Entries CAN be edited up until the deadline, so don't be afraid to go back a change or add detail. Make sure you ping the host if you do this.

Again, ONE entry per person.

Here is a form you need to follow:

Code:
[b]Username:[/b] [b]Entry Title:[/b] [b]Entry Category:[/b] (Dessert, Savory, or Drink) [b]Entry Photo:[/b] [b]Description with Recipe:[/b]

L1iCjA8.gif6I84XUY.gif
Sales_button22222.png
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/95MdPK6s7PQdO/giphy.gif[/img] I'm excited to see what people come up with!
giphy.gif

I'm excited to see what people come up with!
1_by_cas_a_fras-db7n33h.gif2_by_cas_a_fras-db7n33d.gif
3_by_cas_a_fras-db7n337.gif4_by_cas_a_fras-db7n331.gif
Oooh I'm so in.
Oooh I'm so in.
I can't wait! Do y'all have a pinglist I can join?
I can't wait! Do y'all have a pinglist I can join?
Ooo! Pinglist me please! I got some good beach snacks!
Ooo! Pinglist me please! I got some good beach snacks!
r4hwcLV.png
@jaxstronomy (I hope it's okay to ping you with questions?) Oh my gosh, this is so cool! Haha *high five* fellow Iron Chef fan! (that trout ice cream was unreal xD) I just had a few questions from reading the rules...

Does it have to be a recipe you made up or can it be from a cook book or internet? Do you want the recipe portioned for a crowd or can you just make a sample portion to photograph? How realistic is the beach potluck part - do you care about things like stuff possibly melting? Can you use just 1 thing resembling a secret ingredient or do you have to try to use them all or can you use none of them? Thanks!
@jaxstronomy (I hope it's okay to ping you with questions?) Oh my gosh, this is so cool! Haha *high five* fellow Iron Chef fan! (that trout ice cream was unreal xD) I just had a few questions from reading the rules...

Does it have to be a recipe you made up or can it be from a cook book or internet? Do you want the recipe portioned for a crowd or can you just make a sample portion to photograph? How realistic is the beach potluck part - do you care about things like stuff possibly melting? Can you use just 1 thing resembling a secret ingredient or do you have to try to use them all or can you use none of them? Thanks!
'blue smedium banner
f you have a ping list please add me, I will keep checking and start baking something this week!! Yummy idea!!
f you have a ping list please add me, I will keep checking and start baking something this week!! Yummy idea!!
Dandydots.pngdandydotsicon_by_ciarwitch-d9vv8cq.png
sig_triv_treasure_by_thesleepyghosty-db2khby.png
1 2 3 4