Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals: Closed
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33 34
Catharsis snapped on those rubber gloves right away - he'd been electrocuted more than a few times by his clan's resident electro-maniac - and wasn't eager to relive that experience. The [item=high-voltage almonds] almonds were up first. He shelled them with expert flicks of his wrists (when you live in a desert, you get real used to eating nuts all day) slathered them in salt and wasabi, and then popped them in the stone oven to roast. He tossed some rice in a pop to cook over the fire, and then setting to de-boning and gutting the [item=eel fry] eel. He fried the eel up with some soy sauce and rice wine until it was a lovely brown. Next he set up a little reed mat, and set thin strips of cut [item=electric stingers] jellyfish on it, then a layer of rice, and the a layer of cooked eel. Rolling the mat carefully and evenly, he was left with a perfect sushi roll. He cut it into bite sized pieces, but some wasabi almonds on the side, and set this before the judge. "Eel and jellyfish sushi with a side dish of oven roasted wasabi almonds. Please enjoy!"
Catharsis snapped on those rubber gloves right away - he'd been electrocuted more than a few times by his clan's resident electro-maniac - and wasn't eager to relive that experience.

The High-Voltage Almonds almonds were up first. He shelled them with expert flicks of his wrists (when you live in a desert, you get real used to eating nuts all day) slathered them in salt and wasabi, and then popped them in the stone oven to roast.

He tossed some rice in a pop to cook over the fire, and then setting to de-boning and gutting the Eel Fry eel.

He fried the eel up with some soy sauce and rice wine until it was a lovely brown.

Next he set up a little reed mat, and set thin strips of cut Electric Stingers jellyfish on it, then a layer of rice, and the a layer of cooked eel.

Rolling the mat carefully and evenly, he was left with a perfect sushi roll.

He cut it into bite sized pieces, but some wasabi almonds on the side, and set this before the judge.

"Eel and jellyfish sushi with a side dish of oven roasted wasabi almonds. Please enjoy!"
Hey, you should follow my Instagram and buy my cool ART!
[b][u]Day 6: Vaijeri[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30781970] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307820/30781970_350.png[/img] [/url] Today's representative had a... maniacal glint in her eyes. “Heh, everything is shockingly charged today! I like this. I know I’m the token mechanic and not a cook, but at least I can handle some electricity!” The Spiral merely glanced at the rubber gloves and then ignored them entirely as she carried the ingredients to her workspace, seemingly unfazed by the electricity. Vaijeri cracked her knuckles and licked her lips. “This is going to be so awesome!” She started by cutting the [b]Eel Fry[/b]. Despite her boasting speech from before, she winced visibly when touching the knife to the eel. But while experiencing the stubborn fish’s capability to send out strong currents of electric energy even hours after its death, she already contemplated the possibility of powering some kind of machine with a few live individuals… It was probably worth an experiment. Vaijeri dropped the pieces of meat into a pot with a bit of water and added a pinch of [b]Salt[/b]. Next she cut off the [b]Electric Stingers[/b]’ tentacles and regretted not taking the offered rubber gloves: That task was incredibly difficult without touching the stingers. She somehow managed to avoid getting stung anyway and proudly added the jellyfish to the mix in the pot. Then she seasoned it with grinded [b]Treasure Plant[/b] leaves and let it boil. Now her ‘magical ingredient’ would come into play: [b]Blue Jelly[/b]. She dropped a fair amount into the pot and stirred until everything with the exception of the eel meat formed an even mixture. The Spiral poured the still boiling mix into a Bundt cake pan, then she put it in the refrigerator. While her creation cooled down, Vaijeri cut the [b]High-Voltage Almonds[/b] into slivers and carefully roasted them in a pan. The little bit of remaining electrical charge would give the dish a little ‘kick’! Finally, Vaijeri could remove the cake form from the fridge. She turned it around with one fast movement and emptied the quaking contents onto a plate. Fortunately, she had let them cool long enough and they kept their form. Now the Spiral adorned the dish with the roasted almonds and it was completed! Vaijeri went to present her “Eel Fry Jelly with roasted High-Voltage Almonds” to the judge, all while her thoughts already resolved around her planned eel experiment. [item=Electric Stingers][item=Eel Fry][item=High-Voltage Almonds][item=Salt][item=Treasure Plant][item=Blue Jelly]
Day 6: Vaijeri

30781970_350.png

Today's representative had a... maniacal glint in her eyes.
“Heh, everything is shockingly charged today! I like this. I know I’m the token mechanic and not a cook, but at least I can handle some electricity!”
The Spiral merely glanced at the rubber gloves and then ignored them entirely as she carried the ingredients to her workspace, seemingly unfazed by the electricity.

Vaijeri cracked her knuckles and licked her lips. “This is going to be so awesome!”

She started by cutting the Eel Fry. Despite her boasting speech from before, she winced visibly when touching the knife to the eel. But while experiencing the stubborn fish’s capability to send out strong currents of electric energy even hours after its death, she already contemplated the possibility of powering some kind of machine with a few live individuals… It was probably worth an experiment.

Vaijeri dropped the pieces of meat into a pot with a bit of water and added a pinch of Salt. Next she cut off the Electric Stingers’ tentacles and regretted not taking the offered rubber gloves: That task was incredibly difficult without touching the stingers. She somehow managed to avoid getting stung anyway and proudly added the jellyfish to the mix in the pot. Then she seasoned it with grinded Treasure Plant leaves and let it boil.

Now her ‘magical ingredient’ would come into play: Blue Jelly. She dropped a fair amount into the pot and stirred until everything with the exception of the eel meat formed an even mixture. The Spiral poured the still boiling mix into a Bundt cake pan, then she put it in the refrigerator.

While her creation cooled down, Vaijeri cut the High-Voltage Almonds into slivers and carefully roasted them in a pan. The little bit of remaining electrical charge would give the dish a little ‘kick’!

Finally, Vaijeri could remove the cake form from the fridge. She turned it around with one fast movement and emptied the quaking contents onto a plate. Fortunately, she had let them cool long enough and they kept their form. Now the Spiral adorned the dish with the roasted almonds and it was completed!

Vaijeri went to present her “Eel Fry Jelly with roasted High-Voltage Almonds” to the judge, all while her thoughts already resolved around her planned eel experiment.

Electric Stingers Eel Fry High-Voltage Almonds Salt Treasure Plant Blue Jelly
ZVpCPil.png
“Frinth!” bellowed Windrith, but before he could continue she interrupted. “You really don’t need to bellow, dear! I’m right here! Are you looking for someone to send to the cooking competition?” “Yes, but I don’t know who would be best! “ “Was Gwentoth unable to scry for you after her personal culinary venture?” “No, it’s not that, she told me it’s Lightning, but… “Try Rudath.” “Rudath?” “Yes, Rudath! You know, pretty Coatl, came over for a battle week and stayed on when Mycalvinth caught her eye? She’s off their last nest and looking for something to do before he starts thinking about the next one!” Frinth didn’t say if Rudath could cook, but the other lightning candidates were fighters, or too lazy to cook, or too young to have the experience… and Lightninth was possibly unstable. Windrith was convinced, and Rudath didn’t need convincing when he asked her. She set off without a backward glance. The hustle and bustle of the farigrounds reminded her of when she arrived at WindSky Weyr, not even six months past. That was definitely a turning point for her; no regrets for how things turned out! She smiled, thinking of her mate, and hoped she’d have some extra to take home after the judging to share with him. She was pleased to see that two of the ingredients were seafood, but the judge was a Wildclaw, so she felt she should add some meat as well, which the Imperial would likewise enjoy. Rudath helped herself to a great bowlful of the Eel Fry, and a smaller quantity of the Electric Stingers, which took more time to prep. Those stingers had to come out before she could cook them! She considered adding Eel Larvae, but decided that a few Static Charged Lemmings would add enough brownish color. Pity to take the feathers off the Cyan Cockatoo, but a mouthful of those did not seem appealing, no matter the lovely hue. That should do it for the meat, more seafood is what her dish really needed! She put a couple of Brilliant Bobtail Squid out of their misery, and diced some Blue Spot Weather Loaches. What else? Ah, Sparkling Crayfish! Their shells fairly flickered with lightning, to please the eye as well as the palate. Rudath began heating a large wok as she prepared a sauce based on pureed Charged Duneberries. She then heated oil and began tossing in her prepared ingredients, stirring and tossing them to cook evenly. She mixed in some High-Voltage Almonds at the very end and piled it into a big bowl, where it glimmered and steamed. As a final touch, she garnished it with some Stellaria Media, and her Eel Fry Stir Fry was complete. And despite all the work it had taken, she felt curiously energized! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25818201] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/258183/25818201_350.png[/img] [/url]
“Frinth!” bellowed Windrith, but before he could continue she interrupted.

“You really don’t need to bellow, dear! I’m right here! Are you looking for someone to send to the cooking competition?”

“Yes, but I don’t know who would be best! “

“Was Gwentoth unable to scry for you after her personal culinary venture?”

“No, it’s not that, she told me it’s Lightning, but…

“Try Rudath.”

“Rudath?”

“Yes, Rudath! You know, pretty Coatl, came over for a battle week and stayed on when Mycalvinth caught her eye? She’s off their last nest and looking for something to do before he starts thinking about the next one!”

Frinth didn’t say if Rudath could cook, but the other lightning candidates were fighters, or too lazy to cook, or too young to have the experience… and Lightninth was possibly unstable. Windrith was convinced, and Rudath didn’t need convincing when he asked her. She set off without a backward glance.

The hustle and bustle of the farigrounds reminded her of when she arrived at WindSky Weyr, not even six months past. That was definitely a turning point for her; no regrets for how things turned out! She smiled, thinking of her mate, and hoped she’d have some extra to take home after the judging to share with him. She was pleased to see that two of the ingredients were seafood, but the judge was a Wildclaw, so she felt she should add some meat as well, which the Imperial would likewise enjoy.

Rudath helped herself to a great bowlful of the Eel Fry, and a smaller quantity of the Electric Stingers, which took more time to prep. Those stingers had to come out before she could cook them! She considered adding Eel Larvae, but decided that a few Static Charged Lemmings would add enough brownish color. Pity to take the feathers off the Cyan Cockatoo, but a mouthful of those did not seem appealing, no matter the lovely hue. That should do it for the meat, more seafood is what her dish really needed! She put a couple of Brilliant Bobtail Squid out of their misery, and diced some Blue Spot Weather Loaches. What else? Ah, Sparkling Crayfish! Their shells fairly flickered with lightning, to please the eye as well as the palate.

Rudath began heating a large wok as she prepared a sauce based on pureed Charged Duneberries. She then heated oil and began tossing in her prepared ingredients, stirring and tossing them to cook evenly. She mixed in some High-Voltage Almonds at the very end and piled it into a big bowl, where it glimmered and steamed. As a final touch, she garnished it with some Stellaria Media, and her Eel Fry Stir Fry was complete. And despite all the work it had taken, she felt curiously energized!

25818201_350.png
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12782072] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127821/12782072_350.png[/img] [/url] [i][s]I hope Seafoam gets better soon so she can participate...[/s] [s]FEELINGS ARE FOR THE WEAK[/s] I am calm. Like the wind. Years of cutting [s]enemies[/s] various things apart have prepared me for this challenge. Cooking. You will [s]bow[/s] [s]tremor in your boots[/s] [s]cower[/s] [s]bleed[/s] be conquered by me.[/i] Sliding into the tent as silently as a shadow, I stealthily [s]steal[/s] take the ingredients that [s]the judges force us to use[/s] are required in the meal. [s]Gritting my teeth against the painful shocks[/s] Ignoring the slight tingle from the shocking ingredients, I bring them over to the back corner of the tent. Taking the [s]disgustingly slimy[/s] [b]electric stingers[/b] [s]which hurt like a bugger[/s], I pull out my favourite [s]weapon[/s] kitchen knife, the Night's Shadow [s]because they never see it coming[/s]. I cut off the tentacles and [s]pocket them, should I ever need to shock anyone[/s] dispose of them. Having only the jellyfish's cap left, I leave it on the side to try flat. Taking the [b]eel fry[/b], I [s]expertly[/s] [s]painfully shockingly[/s] cut it up into small strips. I then fry the strips. Putting the fried eel strips aside, I take the now dried [s]and no longer painful[/s] jellyfish caps. I lay them out and fill them with the eel strips, strips of cucumber, carrot and broken pieces of [b]high-voltage almonds[/b] that I [s]used gloves to break[/s] broke apart. Coating everything with a seafood sauce [s]that I acquired in a underground trade[/s], I wrap the jellyfish like a burrito with everything inside and place it on a plate. Adding some [s]flowers I found outside[/s] floral garnishing on top, I hand it to the judge's table.

12782072_350.png

I hope Seafoam gets better soon so she can participate... FEELINGS ARE FOR THE WEAK I am calm. Like the wind. Years of cutting enemies various things apart have prepared me for this challenge. Cooking. You will bow tremor in your boots cower bleed be conquered by me.
Sliding into the tent as silently as a shadow, I stealthily steal take the ingredients that the judges force us to use are required in the meal. Gritting my teeth against the painful shocks Ignoring the slight tingle from the shocking ingredients, I bring them over to the back corner of the tent. Taking the disgustingly slimy electric stingers which hurt like a bugger, I pull out my favourite weapon kitchen knife, the Night's Shadow because they never see it coming. I cut off the tentacles and pocket them, should I ever need to shock anyone dispose of them. Having only the jellyfish's cap left, I leave it on the side to try flat. Taking the eel fry, I expertly painfully shockingly cut it up into small strips. I then fry the strips. Putting the fried eel strips aside, I take the now dried and no longer painful jellyfish caps. I lay them out and fill them with the eel strips, strips of cucumber, carrot and broken pieces of high-voltage almonds that I used gloves to break broke apart. Coating everything with a seafood sauce that I acquired in a underground trade, I wrap the jellyfish like a burrito with everything inside and place it on a plate. Adding some flowers I found outside floral garnishing on top, I hand it to the judge's table.
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28809389] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/288094/28809389_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @tigressRising Israphel seemed to rather enjoy the prepared sushi, but he also seemed to have a bit too much fun wheeling the slices around on their sides around the counter, humming something he later referred to as the circle song. Probably better not to ask. He still ate most of it though. "Don't think I'm fond of raw meat," he told Snickerdoodle, "raw fish, absolutely, but I think I might avoid this particular type of dish in the future." @argylion ((I loved your doodle! That's the first time someone's drawn up their meal in this contest, so it was a fun little surprise! That said it made me extra sad when the RNG didn't seem to enjoy it as much :c On that note, @BettaFishy, my apologies if Israphel actually would enjoy beets (and for making up weird things to not like), but the bad score made it too easy to utilize my own dislike of them ">>)) "Blegh. Beets," Israphel didn't bother to even try hiding his dislike of the ingredient that was the main focus of Hemlock and Ebbtide's dish. "I don't think I can judge you. I think beets are behind only things I don't understand, cobwebs stuck in my feathers and getting gravel between my toes on my list of dislikes." "That's...terribly unprofessional of you," Gourmet whispered at him from the sidelines, her own pride as a host cringing at the coatl's behavior. @Phooka Having snubbed the prior dish, Israphel delightedly munched away at Briar's latest entry. "Nice and toasty warm! I wish I'd had this as the first meal after I was playing in the snow pile, but oh well. If you served it as a proper meal, I think it would go very well with a nice side salad." @XrayAngel Israphel laughed quite a bit at Morgana's name of "turf and turf." "I feel like as a coatl I should hate the idea of there being no surf in there, but these are good!" He complimented her as he at the kebobs tidbit by tibdit. @Valligator The pemmican? "I didn't think I'd like this but turns out I really actualy did!" The goblin bread? "This is delicious! Can I have the recipe? I want to see if Nami will make it for me back home!" However, Meathe unfortunately struck out with his last dish. "Well it looks good, but the bechamel sauce seems to have congeled quite a bit," the coatl said sadly. @justChimeric "Hmm..you're not used to cooking with bugs, are you?" Israphel asked Knightly as he pondered the mirror's dish. "Most bugs are supposed to be extra crunchy, but your centepede is extra SUPER crunchy. As if it were just all shell. Not really pleasant." Before he had a chance to judge the custard a purple Imperial snuck up behind them (as well as a large Imperial could sneak up on a much smaller coatl and mirror). "If you dare do anything to that custard this time I won't give you anything extra good to drink tonight," she warned, and Israphel scampered off, leaving Syrah to help herself to the dish instead. @Deladria "Hands down this is the best rabbit I've had today!" Israphel exclaimed, actualy eating the entire thing despite previous judgings revealing this to be his least favorite of the challenge ingredients.

@tigressRising

Israphel seemed to rather enjoy the prepared sushi, but he also seemed to have a bit too much fun wheeling the slices around on their sides around the counter, humming something he later referred to as the circle song. Probably better not to ask.

He still ate most of it though. "Don't think I'm fond of raw meat," he told Snickerdoodle, "raw fish, absolutely, but I think I might avoid this particular type of dish in the future."

@argylion

((I loved your doodle! That's the first time someone's drawn up their meal in this contest, so it was a fun little surprise! That said it made me extra sad when the RNG didn't seem to enjoy it as much :c On that note, @BettaFishy, my apologies if Israphel actually would enjoy beets (and for making up weird things to not like), but the bad score made it too easy to utilize my own dislike of them ">>))

"Blegh. Beets," Israphel didn't bother to even try hiding his dislike of the ingredient that was the main focus of Hemlock and Ebbtide's dish. "I don't think I can judge you. I think beets are behind only things I don't understand, cobwebs stuck in my feathers and getting gravel between my toes on my list of dislikes."

"That's...terribly unprofessional of you," Gourmet whispered at him from the sidelines, her own pride as a host cringing at the coatl's behavior.

@Phooka

Having snubbed the prior dish, Israphel delightedly munched away at Briar's latest entry. "Nice and toasty warm! I wish I'd had this as the first meal after I was playing in the snow pile, but oh well. If you served it as a proper meal, I think it would go very well with a nice side salad."

@XrayAngel

Israphel laughed quite a bit at Morgana's name of "turf and turf." "I feel like as a coatl I should hate the idea of there being no surf in there, but these are good!" He complimented her as he at the kebobs tidbit by tibdit.

@Valligator

The pemmican? "I didn't think I'd like this but turns out I really actualy did!"

The goblin bread? "This is delicious! Can I have the recipe? I want to see if Nami will make it for me back home!"

However, Meathe unfortunately struck out with his last dish. "Well it looks good, but the bechamel sauce seems to have congeled quite a bit," the coatl said sadly.

@justChimeric

"Hmm..you're not used to cooking with bugs, are you?" Israphel asked Knightly as he pondered the mirror's dish. "Most bugs are supposed to be extra crunchy, but your centepede is extra SUPER crunchy. As if it were just all shell. Not really pleasant."

Before he had a chance to judge the custard a purple Imperial snuck up behind them (as well as a large Imperial could sneak up on a much smaller coatl and mirror). "If you dare do anything to that custard this time I won't give you anything extra good to drink tonight," she warned, and Israphel scampered off, leaving Syrah to help herself to the dish instead.

@Deladria

"Hands down this is the best rabbit I've had today!" Israphel exclaimed, actualy eating the entire thing despite previous judgings revealing this to be his least favorite of the challenge ingredients.
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
Athena looked over the odd ingredients with a grin as she snapped on some rubber gloves.

Her first task was to clean the eel and rinse the jellyfish. The wildclaw made quick work of slicing both into thin strips and threw them into a wok with oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, and brown sugar. As the meat cooked to a light brown, Athena boiled a roll of rice noodles, and started chopping the Almonds into thin, luminescent slices.
Satisfied with the noodle's consistency, the wildclaw drained them and sprinkled them with sesame oil and soy sauce. These she placed on a bed of mountain lion leaves and spearmint, then laid the strips of eel and jellyfish in alternating stripes on top. Finally, she sprinkled the dish with sesame seeds, chives, crushed mint leaves, and the finishing touch, a topping of sliced almond.

The plate of meat-and-spice-topped noodles on their salad bed waited temptingly for the judges as Athena smiled confidently at their work...
Athena looked over the odd ingredients with a grin as she snapped on some rubber gloves.

Her first task was to clean the eel and rinse the jellyfish. The wildclaw made quick work of slicing both into thin strips and threw them into a wok with oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, and brown sugar. As the meat cooked to a light brown, Athena boiled a roll of rice noodles, and started chopping the Almonds into thin, luminescent slices.
Satisfied with the noodle's consistency, the wildclaw drained them and sprinkled them with sesame oil and soy sauce. These she placed on a bed of mountain lion leaves and spearmint, then laid the strips of eel and jellyfish in alternating stripes on top. Finally, she sprinkled the dish with sesame seeds, chives, crushed mint leaves, and the finishing touch, a topping of sliced almond.

The plate of meat-and-spice-topped noodles on their salad bed waited temptingly for the judges as Athena smiled confidently at their work...
[center][b]Day 6- Entry: ...??? [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31220302] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/312204/31220302_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Meirion grumbled and sniffled all the way to the cooking station. "I'm sick," she proclaimed loudly, "But knowing him, Jinhai would poison everyone. So I'll have to be the poor martyr who saves the day." Shuffling her cloak around herself, she peered at the ingredients. [item=Electric Stingers][item=Eel Fry][item=High-Voltage Almonds] "Ehh..." She pulled on some rubber gloves and gingerly picked up a floppy [b]Electric Stinger[/b]. Dumping it into a pot, she poured in some [i]water[/i] and [i]stock cubes[/i]. Boiling it would remove the sting...right? Well, she wasn't going to bother anyhow. Tiredly, she tossed in whatever ingredients she could see that didn't look too nasty. [item=Granny Smith Apple][item=Stonewatch Scrub][item=Hallowed Ivy][item=Green Jelly][item=Speckled Fire Lily] In went some diced [b]Granny Smith Apple[/b], a bunch of [b]Stonewatch Scrub[/b], [b]Hallowed Ivy[/b], [b]Green Jelly[/b], and a single [b]Speckled Fire Lily[/b]. Grumbling about nothing in particular, she took an [b]Eel Fry[/b] and lazily shredded it into bits. Pouring out the soup into a big bowl, she plonked the raw eel in. Finally, she pounded the [b]High-Voltage Almonds[/b] into a fine powder which she sprinkled on top. Isadora would not have approved. But hey, did Meirion care? Not really, no. She yawned and started to take a well-earned nap right on the benchtop. (I've actually come down with a cold, so this was surprisingly cathartic to write.)
Day 6-
Entry: ...???

31220302_350.png

Meirion grumbled and sniffled all the way to the cooking station. "I'm sick," she proclaimed loudly, "But knowing him, Jinhai would poison everyone. So I'll have to be the poor martyr who saves the day." Shuffling her cloak around herself, she peered at the ingredients.

Electric Stingers Eel Fry High-Voltage Almonds

"Ehh..." She pulled on some rubber gloves and gingerly picked up a floppy Electric Stinger. Dumping it into a pot, she poured in some water and stock cubes. Boiling it would remove the sting...right? Well, she wasn't going to bother anyhow. Tiredly, she tossed in whatever ingredients she could see that didn't look too nasty.

Granny Smith Apple Stonewatch Scrub Hallowed Ivy Green Jelly Speckled Fire Lily

In went some diced Granny Smith Apple, a bunch of Stonewatch Scrub, Hallowed Ivy, Green Jelly, and a single Speckled Fire Lily.

Grumbling about nothing in particular, she took an Eel Fry and lazily shredded it into bits. Pouring out the soup into a big bowl, she plonked the raw eel in. Finally, she pounded the High-Voltage Almonds into a fine powder which she sprinkled on top.

Isadora would not have approved.

But hey, did Meirion care? Not really, no. She yawned and started to take a well-earned nap right on the benchtop.

(I've actually come down with a cold, so this was surprisingly cathartic to write.)
JBEajtP.gif
@Eialyne - I guess this means the clan is eating centipede chips tonight ... or possibly getting a new set of doorstops. XD
@Eialyne - I guess this means the clan is eating centipede chips tonight ... or possibly getting a new set of doorstops. XD
p0MYJUx.gif
For today, we got the Clan's Photographer, Paragryn! ^^ (He's a bit vain, but bare with him~) [center][b]Day 6[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25118143] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/251182/25118143_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hm... As I am a herbivore and I do not like the idea of cooking once living creatures, I have been tasked with making the food today as the others are all looking over cookbooks," Paragryn said with distaste. He looked sternly at the ingredients and the food placed on the table. "I do not like explaining such trivial things, but if you are so interested on how I created [i]this[/i]," he said in almost disgust, "you can look through this." He then placed a single sheet of paper on the table and then left, readying his camera as he looked around at the many dragons and food. On the paper, it was a handwritten recipe. [center][b][i]Electrifying Sushi[/i][/b] (This recipe makes 10 sushi rolls)[/center] Ingredients: [LIST=1] [*] 1 jar of [item=Electric Stingers] [*] 3 entire [item=Eel Fry] [*] 2 bags of [item=High-Voltage Almonds] [*] 3 whole [item=Cindershroom] [*] 10 strands [item=Giant Kelp] [/LIST] [u]Step 1:[/u] Slice the Cindershroom, High-Voltage Almonds, and Eel Fry into chucks. The Electric Stinger's stingers are carefully cut in two, making sure to keep them separate. [u]Step 2: [/u]Boil them till they were all soft, all the while preparing the Giant Kelp. (Make sure that the kelp is mostly dry, but still viable) [u]Step 3:[/u] Taking the boiled food, distribute them equally between the strand of kelp. Roll the kelp into equal sized rolls, and put them in to steam till ready. Served best with a nut-based sauce.
For today, we got the Clan's Photographer, Paragryn! ^^ (He's a bit vain, but bare with him~)
Day 6
"Hm... As I am a herbivore and I do not like the idea of cooking once living creatures, I have been tasked with making the food today as the others are all looking over cookbooks," Paragryn said with distaste. He looked sternly at the ingredients and the food placed on the table.

"I do not like explaining such trivial things, but if you are so interested on how I created this," he said in almost disgust, "you can look through this." He then placed a single sheet of paper on the table and then left, readying his camera as he looked around at the many dragons and food. On the paper, it was a handwritten recipe.

Electrifying Sushi
(This recipe makes 10 sushi rolls)

Ingredients:
  1. 1 jar of Electric Stingers
  2. 3 entire Eel Fry
  3. 2 bags of High-Voltage Almonds
  4. 3 whole Cindershroom
  5. 10 strands Giant Kelp

Step 1: Slice the Cindershroom, High-Voltage Almonds, and Eel Fry into chucks. The Electric Stinger's stingers are carefully cut in two, making sure to keep them separate.

Step 2: Boil them till they were all soft, all the while preparing the Giant Kelp. (Make sure that the kelp is mostly dry, but still viable)

Step 3: Taking the boiled food, distribute them equally between the strand of kelp. Roll the kelp into equal sized rolls, and put them in to steam till ready.

Served best with a nut-based sauce.
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7173591] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/71736/7173591_350.png[/img] [/url] Despite the disaster of his last entry, Chess was back at it again - you never knew what could happen in these type of competitions. One day on top, the next on bottom. He was pretty used to it after last year. He listened carefully to the judge. Lightning Round, eh? Well, that was a good as theme as any. If the judge had to do cooking for his clan, then a quick and easy appetizer would be useful in his repetoire. Chess would keep it fast and simple today. [b]Entry: Eel Sashimi[/b] Required Ingredients: [item=Electric Stingers][item=Eel Fry][item=High-Voltage Almonds] Additional Ingredients: [item=Gradish][item=Salt] The Imperial cleaned the Electric Stingers, removing all the tentacles and leaving only the hollowed out body, which he turned upside down to resemble a cup. He shaved a little bit of Gradish in the bottom of the "cup" and placed carefully cut and cleaned raw Eel Fry on top of it. Fortunately, the seafood was very fresh and would shine in a raw preparation. To finish the dish, he sprinkled a tiny amount of salt and then carefully arranged one sliced High-Voltage Almond on top of each. Simple, yet hopefully a satisfying bite.

7173591_350.png

Despite the disaster of his last entry, Chess was back at it again - you never knew what could happen in these type of competitions. One day on top, the next on bottom. He was pretty used to it after last year.

He listened carefully to the judge. Lightning Round, eh? Well, that was a good as theme as any. If the judge had to do cooking for his clan, then a quick and easy appetizer would be useful in his repetoire. Chess would keep it fast and simple today.

Entry: Eel Sashimi

Required Ingredients:
Electric Stingers Eel Fry High-Voltage Almonds

Additional Ingredients:
Gradish Salt

The Imperial cleaned the Electric Stingers, removing all the tentacles and leaving only the hollowed out body, which he turned upside down to resemble a cup. He shaved a little bit of Gradish in the bottom of the "cup" and placed carefully cut and cleaned raw Eel Fry on top of it. Fortunately, the seafood was very fresh and would shine in a raw preparation. To finish the dish, he sprinkled a tiny amount of salt and then carefully arranged one sliced High-Voltage Almond on top of each. Simple, yet hopefully a satisfying bite.

OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33 34