Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals: Closed
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33 34
[center][b]Day 3 Fresh Brunch[/b][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31617162] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316172/31617162_350.png[/img] [/url] After having a slight cough for a day, he was not allowed to participate. But he was back, and he aimed to show the judges that he was no hatchling. Looking over the required ingredients, he rolled his eyes. Today must have an arcane theme then, yes? Retherin found a dozen of the [b]Satin Mice[/b] that hadn't been killed yet, and had them eat the [b]Fallout Whisperers[/b]. That takes care of the butterflies then. He watched as the tongues of each mouse began to glow. Wonderful. Now all I have to add is the fish. He cut the fins and the eyes off of the fish, then set those aside. Retherin cut strips of the fish, which he shaped into rolls and sprinkled with minced ruby-throated hummingbirds and feverfew. He then put the fish rolls in the shade so they would cool off. Returning to the mice, he made a paste of [b]speckled petunia[/b], [b]seaberries[/b], [b]honeycomb fragments[/b], and small bits of [b]valley quail[/b]. He stuffed the paste into the mice, so when the judges bit into the, they would get many more flavors than they expected. He laid out the fish rolls and the mice on a plate, and brought it up to the judges' table.
Day 3
Fresh Brunch

31617162_350.png

After having a slight cough for a day, he was not allowed to participate. But he was back, and he aimed to show the judges that he was no hatchling. Looking over the required ingredients, he rolled his eyes. Today must have an arcane theme then, yes? Retherin found a dozen of the Satin Mice that hadn't been killed yet, and had them eat the Fallout Whisperers. That takes care of the butterflies then. He watched as the tongues of each mouse began to glow. Wonderful. Now all I have to add is the fish. He cut the fins and the eyes off of the fish, then set those aside. Retherin cut strips of the fish, which he shaped into rolls and sprinkled with minced ruby-throated hummingbirds and feverfew. He then put the fish rolls in the shade so they would cool off. Returning to the mice, he made a paste of speckled petunia, seaberries, honeycomb fragments, and small bits of valley quail. He stuffed the paste into the mice, so when the judges bit into the, they would get many more flavors than they expected. He laid out the fish rolls and the mice on a plate, and brought it up to the judges' table.
tumblr_inline_nhxskl09Q41qcphlu.pngej6a82.pngmistral_meals_sig_by_thesleepyghosty-db1odd7.png91KIw21.pngg5ZVeaV.gif
[center][b]Day 3 Entry: Mad, Magical, Miraculous Mess.[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22171882] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/221719/22171882_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Samoon the Great and Powerful puffed up his fluffy chest in excitement. He'd really been looking forward to the Jamboree, and finally! Here was a chance to show off his greatness and powerfulness! He scanned the ingredients carefully. [item=Satin Mouse][item=Fallout Whisper][item=Balloon Belly Magi] Fish, meat, and insects all at once? Well, he could work with that. And two of them had pink in them! He loved pink! This had to be a sign of good luck. 'Enough thinking', he told himself, 'time to get working'. The first thing, of course, was to slice and dice the Satin Mouse into small, neat cubes with his awesome magical powers. Which, er. Didn't exactly happen according to plan, as the mice began dancing and a puff of green herbal dust exploded in his face. No matter! Using his claws to clumsily shred the mice, he sprinkled the mysterious herb stuff over it. Serendipity is a thing, right? Samoon plonked the mice onto a tray, drizzled it with [b]Fish Oil[/b] (Who [i]doesn't[/i] like fish?), and popped it into the oven. Next, he grabbed an alarmingly large bowl of [b]Fallout Whispers[/b], using several types of spoons, a knife, and for some reason, an entire live salmon to crush them into a paste. Sprinkling in an unhealthy dose of [b]Anchovies[/b], he mixed the now confusingly bright red mixture with all his energy. Red gloop splattered everywhere, but he didn't mind. A mess was always a good indicator you were doing something right. Or at least [i]something[/i]. Setting the sauce to the side, he rifled around the equipment, until he found what he was looking for. A blender! Perfect. He scooped up a [b]Balloon Belly Magi[/b], several [b]Thistles[/b], two cups of [i]Sugar[/i], and raw [b]Wild Onion[/b]s, stuffing them straight into the blender. After a few seconds of delightfully destructive electronic noises, he poured out a chunky greenish grey mess into a bowl. Mixing this with the red gloopy mixture, he poured it all into a large crockpot to cook. Suddenly, though- [i]BEEP BEEP BEEP[/i]! The oven! Hastily taking out the smoking, charred, mouse cubes, he tried his best to peel off the blackened bits. A few remained, but it'd be fine...right? Yeah, it'd add a nice bitter crunch. He grabbed a bottle of concentrated [b]Siltvine[/b] stem extract, and emptied the entire bottle into the crockpot. It began to bubble alarmingly, and quite a bit of it spilled over, puddling on the floor, where it continued to bubble. Well, he'd certainly made [i]something[/i]. It was going to be delicious! Probably. For that final touch, he tossed in some cubes of [b]Sugarmelon[/b], and sprinkled in yet [i]more[/i] [b]Anchovies[/b]. Done! Ta-da! He poured the sloshing, bubbling, soup into a large, bright pink bowl. Then, he snagged a clawful of anchovies to munch on while he waited. (If Samoon scores even an [i]okay[/i] score with RNG, it's gonna be hilarious watching Turi rationalize why this is even remotely edible. And even more hilarious if he rants about how Samoon shouldn't be allowed withing two metres of a cooking appliance...)
Day 3
Entry: Mad, Magical, Miraculous Mess.

Samoon the Great and Powerful puffed up his fluffy chest in excitement. He'd really been looking forward to the Jamboree, and finally! Here was a chance to show off his greatness and powerfulness!

He scanned the ingredients carefully.

Satin Mouse Fallout Whisper Balloon Belly Magi

Fish, meat, and insects all at once? Well, he could work with that. And two of them had pink in them! He loved pink! This had to be a sign of good luck.

'Enough thinking', he told himself, 'time to get working'.

The first thing, of course, was to slice and dice the Satin Mouse into small, neat cubes with his awesome magical powers. Which, er. Didn't exactly happen according to plan, as the mice began dancing and a puff of green herbal dust exploded in his face. No matter! Using his claws to clumsily shred the mice, he sprinkled the mysterious herb stuff over it. Serendipity is a thing, right?

Samoon plonked the mice onto a tray, drizzled it with Fish Oil (Who doesn't like fish?), and popped it into the oven. Next, he grabbed an alarmingly large bowl of Fallout Whispers, using several types of spoons, a knife, and for some reason, an entire live salmon to crush them into a paste. Sprinkling in an unhealthy dose of Anchovies, he mixed the now confusingly bright red mixture with all his energy. Red gloop splattered everywhere, but he didn't mind. A mess was always a good indicator you were doing something right. Or at least something.

Setting the sauce to the side, he rifled around the equipment, until he found what he was looking for. A blender! Perfect. He scooped up a Balloon Belly Magi, several Thistles, two cups of Sugar, and raw Wild Onions, stuffing them straight into the blender. After a few seconds of delightfully destructive electronic noises, he poured out a chunky greenish grey mess into a bowl.

Mixing this with the red gloopy mixture, he poured it all into a large crockpot to cook. Suddenly, though- BEEP BEEP BEEP! The oven! Hastily taking out the smoking, charred, mouse cubes, he tried his best to peel off the blackened bits. A few remained, but it'd be fine...right? Yeah, it'd add a nice bitter crunch. He grabbed a bottle of concentrated Siltvine stem extract, and emptied the entire bottle into the crockpot. It began to bubble alarmingly, and quite a bit of it spilled over, puddling on the floor, where it continued to bubble.

Well, he'd certainly made something. It was going to be delicious! Probably. For that final touch, he tossed in some cubes of Sugarmelon, and sprinkled in yet more Anchovies. Done! Ta-da!

He poured the sloshing, bubbling, soup into a large, bright pink bowl. Then, he snagged a clawful of anchovies to munch on while he waited.

(If Samoon scores even an okay score with RNG, it's gonna be hilarious watching Turi rationalize why this is even remotely edible. And even more hilarious if he rants about how Samoon shouldn't be allowed withing two metres of a cooking appliance...)
JBEajtP.gif
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25689018] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/256891/25689018_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/19712.png[/img][/columns] Despite her two clanmates previous failures with the cooking challenge, Melete was giddy with excitement to test her cooking skills! Since her grandhatchlings had begun to visit her every now and then, she had been doing a lot more cooking than metalworking. She had even begun to work her magic into her dishes, just as she did with the jewelry she created. Melete felt confident that she would blow away the judge with her cooking! Though she was an herbivore and none of the mystery ingredients were plants, she did not feel discouraged. Her familiar - an Enchanting Goblin - had taken to helping her cook, tasting anything that Melete could not personally eat. "Okay Goblin, are you ready to work some cooking magic? Help me carry these ingredients back to our work station." Melete said. Goblin simply nodded at her and began picking up the ingredients as Melete pointed them out. In addition to the mystery ingredients (Satin Mice, Fallout Whispers, and Balloon Belly Magis) they gathered some Fissure Crawdads, Steppes Pinchers, Sweet Potato Vines, milk, flour, butter, onions, celery, pepper, and corn. [center][item=satin mouse] [item=fallout whisper] [item=balloon belly magi] [item=fissure crawdad] [item=steppes pincher] [item=sweet potato vine][/center] Melete quickly got to work cleaning the ingredients, chopping them up, and turning it all into a chowder. As she worked, she chanted and carved runes into some of the ingredients. Occasionally she would have Goblin taste the ingredients after they were seasoned with a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic. When Goblin nodded to her to indicate the taste was good, she would move on to the next ingredient. She had just put the finishing touches on her dish when the judge came by. She set the bowl and a spoon in front of him. The chowder seemed to subtly be changing colors and the steam coming off of it was shaped like stars. "Hello there!" Melete said, greeting the judge with a smile, "Today I have for you a surf and turf chowder! I enchanted it to temporarily change your colors and to make you able to breathe out little puffs of stars. The effect should last about 5 minutes or so after eating it." "I will tell you how I used each ingredient while you taste the chowder. I began by making the base of my chowder with the milk, flour, butter, onions, celery, pepper, Sweet Potatoes and corn since they would all take the longest to cook. The Satin Mouse meat has been seasoned with roasted leaves of Sweet Potato Vines and toasted Fallout Whispers, which I ground together into a flaky seasoning. I then grilled the Satin Mouse meat before adding it to the chowder. I carefully extracted the meat from the Balloon Belly Magi, Fissure Crawdads, and Steppes Pinchers and added that to the chowder just before adding the garnishes. Finally, I topped the chowder with toasted Fallout Whisper wings for a bit of crunch and additional color.

25689018_350.png

19712.png

Despite her two clanmates previous failures with the cooking challenge, Melete was giddy with excitement to test her cooking skills! Since her grandhatchlings had begun to visit her every now and then, she had been doing a lot more cooking than metalworking. She had even begun to work her magic into her dishes, just as she did with the jewelry she created. Melete felt confident that she would blow away the judge with her cooking!

Though she was an herbivore and none of the mystery ingredients were plants, she did not feel discouraged. Her familiar - an Enchanting Goblin - had taken to helping her cook, tasting anything that Melete could not personally eat.

"Okay Goblin, are you ready to work some cooking magic? Help me carry these ingredients back to our work station." Melete said. Goblin simply nodded at her and began picking up the ingredients as Melete pointed them out. In addition to the mystery ingredients (Satin Mice, Fallout Whispers, and Balloon Belly Magis) they gathered some Fissure Crawdads, Steppes Pinchers, Sweet Potato Vines, milk, flour, butter, onions, celery, pepper, and corn.
Satin Mouse Fallout Whisper Balloon Belly Magi Fissure Crawdad Steppes Pincher Sweet Potato Vine

Melete quickly got to work cleaning the ingredients, chopping them up, and turning it all into a chowder. As she worked, she chanted and carved runes into some of the ingredients. Occasionally she would have Goblin taste the ingredients after they were seasoned with a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic. When Goblin nodded to her to indicate the taste was good, she would move on to the next ingredient.

She had just put the finishing touches on her dish when the judge came by. She set the bowl and a spoon in front of him. The chowder seemed to subtly be changing colors and the steam coming off of it was shaped like stars.

"Hello there!" Melete said, greeting the judge with a smile, "Today I have for you a surf and turf chowder! I enchanted it to temporarily change your colors and to make you able to breathe out little puffs of stars. The effect should last about 5 minutes or so after eating it."

"I will tell you how I used each ingredient while you taste the chowder. I began by making the base of my chowder with the milk, flour, butter, onions, celery, pepper, Sweet Potatoes and corn since they would all take the longest to cook. The Satin Mouse meat has been seasoned with roasted leaves of Sweet Potato Vines and toasted Fallout Whispers, which I ground together into a flaky seasoning. I then grilled the Satin Mouse meat before adding it to the chowder. I carefully extracted the meat from the Balloon Belly Magi, Fissure Crawdads, and Steppes Pinchers and added that to the chowder just before adding the garnishes. Finally, I topped the chowder with toasted Fallout Whisper wings for a bit of crunch and additional color.
CUTQvya.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23111612] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/231117/23111612_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=Satin Mouse][item=Fallout Whisper][item=Balloon Belly Magi][item=starfall blossom][item=vegetable oil] This time Snickerdoodle got straight to work. First she prepped the [b]Satin Mouse[/b] and [b]Balloon Belly Magi[/b] by dicing the flesh into tiny cubes. These she set to the side. Then Snickerdoodle pulled the wings off of the [b]Fallout Whispers[/b] and chopped those up as well along with the flowers of Starfall Blossoms. She heated up a frying pan and covered the bottom with vegetable oil, and then she threw in a bunch of egg noodles into the pan. While the noodles were cooking, Snickerdoodle added the mice, fish, insect wings, and chopped petals to the pan. She stirred them together until they were all done cooking. Snickerdoodle dumped the noodles onto a plate. "Arcane stir-fry! Get it while it's hot!"

23111612_350.png

Satin Mouse Fallout Whisper Balloon Belly Magi Starfall Blossom Vegetable Oil
This time Snickerdoodle got straight to work. First she prepped the Satin Mouse and Balloon Belly Magi by dicing the flesh into tiny cubes. These she set to the side. Then Snickerdoodle pulled the wings off of the Fallout Whispers and chopped those up as well along with the flowers of Starfall Blossoms. She heated up a frying pan and covered the bottom with vegetable oil, and then she threw in a bunch of egg noodles into the pan. While the noodles were cooking, Snickerdoodle added the mice, fish, insect wings, and chopped petals to the pan. She stirred them together until they were all done cooking. Snickerdoodle dumped the noodles onto a plate. "Arcane stir-fry! Get it while it's hot!"
Na5WGHa.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26088080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/260881/26088080_350.png[/img] [/url] Catalyst came on to the cooking scene huffing and puffing. His clan had participated in this event for the past three years and hadn't managed to remember to send someone yet. Luckily he'd heard someone else talking about the cooking contest and had dashed to be a contestant. He quickly washed his claws and surveyed his challenge ingredients and tools at hand. With a huff he set to work. The bogsneak quickly skinned the [b]satin mice[/b] and cubed the meat and then descaled the [b]balloon belly magi[/b] and cubed them as well and put them aside. He sprinted over to the ingredients cupboard and rooted around till he found what he was looking for. He pulled out [b]wild onions[/b] and [b]golden pepper[/b] and brought them back to his work station. After cleaning them, he diced them up and began to assemble his dish. Grabbing wooden skewers, Catalyst slid meat, fish, and veggies onto the sticks. After he had a handful, he laid them aside and turned to his final ingredient. Very carefully, Catalyst added a handful of [b]Fallout Whisper[/b] wings to a mortar and pestle and began to grind them up. Adding a dash of oil and herbs to the mix made a delectable and rather pink sauce. Drizzling it over the skewers, Catalyst knew they would only need a few minutes on the grill to work up a good char. His tongue flickered nervously as he watched them go on the grill, certain he would leave them on too long or not long enough. He tapped his claws and fidgeted until he could stand it no longer. He whisked the skewers off the grill and on to plates. He placed them out for the judges and waited.

26088080_350.png

Catalyst came on to the cooking scene huffing and puffing. His clan had participated in this event for the past three years and hadn't managed to remember to send someone yet. Luckily he'd heard someone else talking about the cooking contest and had dashed to be a contestant. He quickly washed his claws and surveyed his challenge ingredients and tools at hand. With a huff he set to work.

The bogsneak quickly skinned the satin mice and cubed the meat and then descaled the balloon belly magi and cubed them as well and put them aside. He sprinted over to the ingredients cupboard and rooted around till he found what he was looking for. He pulled out wild onions and golden pepper and brought them back to his work station. After cleaning them, he diced them up and began to assemble his dish. Grabbing wooden skewers, Catalyst slid meat, fish, and veggies onto the sticks. After he had a handful, he laid them aside and turned to his final ingredient.

Very carefully, Catalyst added a handful of Fallout Whisper wings to a mortar and pestle and began to grind them up. Adding a dash of oil and herbs to the mix made a delectable and rather pink sauce. Drizzling it over the skewers, Catalyst knew they would only need a few minutes on the grill to work up a good char. His tongue flickered nervously as he watched them go on the grill, certain he would leave them on too long or not long enough. He tapped his claws and fidgeted until he could stand it no longer. He whisked the skewers off the grill and on to plates. He placed them out for the judges and waited.
Ls06NZU.png
“Frinth!” bellowed Windrith, “Where’s Pestilenth?” Frinth was surprised. “You want her for another day of the cooking competition? I heard she poisoned the judge!” “That’s right! I knew it was a bad idea to send her! I want to be sure she stays away from our own kitchens!” “No worries there, dear, she’s out at the border again, where she usually is. Who will you ask to represent us today?” “I don’t know!!” “Perhaps you should consult Gwentoth, since you seem to think this contest is so important.” Windrith did just that. His co-leader was very well-informed,and scried out the region to be featured today. Arcane, hmm. Well, Arcanth was definitely out, he’d be sure to create an incident! Gemolath wouldn’t leave the Vault, Duke definitely couldn’t be bothered, Pousseth was way too busy training … but perhaps Marielleth could take a day off from teaching? Right, so, Frinth would tell him he should just go ask… Windrith sought Marielleth out where she was giving lessons, and once he assured her they could line up a substitute for the day, she was eager to get give it a try. It had never occurred to Marielleth to ask for a day off, she enjoyed her work so, but it did feel good to get away from the youngsters and their constant questions purely for a change of pace. She hadn’t freed her mind to consider cooking in ages! When she was presented with the challenge ingredients, she let out a gasp of delight at three of her very favorites foods! These little tidbits were practically perfect! And that gave her an idea …. She began her prep, singing happily to herself. “Super-magic-fragile-mystic-extra-malaprop-cuss…” First she separated the wings from the bodies of the Fallout Whispers, and made two piles. She diced the bodies and mixed them with Star Moss and Mana Weed, plus a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor from the insect bits, crushing it lightly to release some of the moisture in the plants. Then she sliced open the Satin Mice and Balloon Belly Magi and cleaned out the insides to make a cavity, which she stuffed with the moss mixture., creating a nice round shape. The bones remained for a little crunch. Next she seasoned some creamy goat cheese, one with herbs, the other with a touch of Sugarmelon and Cinnamon. She enveloped each morsel in a layer of the creamy cheese, using the savory version on the fish, and the sweeter version on the mice. Finally, she wrapped each piece carefully in the wings she’d set aside, to make colorful little balls you could pick up without getting sticky. “... keep your focus!” she finished her song. Now to plate it up. A platter lined with Prickly Sugarleaf served for the mice, and a separate platter lined with Crisp-Leaf Amaranth for the fish, and she was finished with her Sweet and Savory Arcane Snack Balls. Her mouth was watering just looking at them, and she hoped there would be no mishap at the judging that would prevent her from taking them home afterwards! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22004304] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/220044/22004304_350.png[/img] [/url]
“Frinth!” bellowed Windrith, “Where’s Pestilenth?”

Frinth was surprised. “You want her for another day of the cooking competition? I heard she poisoned the judge!”

“That’s right! I knew it was a bad idea to send her! I want to be sure she stays away from our own kitchens!”

“No worries there, dear, she’s out at the border again, where she usually is. Who will you ask to represent us today?”

“I don’t know!!”

“Perhaps you should consult Gwentoth, since you seem to think this contest is so important.”

Windrith did just that. His co-leader was very well-informed,and scried out the region to be featured today. Arcane, hmm. Well, Arcanth was definitely out, he’d be sure to create an incident! Gemolath wouldn’t leave the Vault, Duke definitely couldn’t be bothered, Pousseth was way too busy training … but perhaps Marielleth could take a day off from teaching? Right, so, Frinth would tell him he should just go ask… Windrith sought Marielleth out where she was giving lessons, and once he assured her they could line up a substitute for the day, she was eager to get give it a try.

It had never occurred to Marielleth to ask for a day off, she enjoyed her work so, but it did feel good to get away from the youngsters and their constant questions purely for a change of pace. She hadn’t freed her mind to consider cooking in ages! When she was presented with the challenge ingredients, she let out a gasp of delight at three of her very favorites foods! These little tidbits were practically perfect! And that gave her an idea …. She began her prep, singing happily to herself. “Super-magic-fragile-mystic-extra-malaprop-cuss…”

First she separated the wings from the bodies of the Fallout Whispers, and made two piles. She diced the bodies and mixed them with Star Moss and Mana Weed, plus a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor from the insect bits, crushing it lightly to release some of the moisture in the plants. Then she sliced open the Satin Mice and Balloon Belly Magi and cleaned out the insides to make a cavity, which she stuffed with the moss mixture., creating a nice round shape. The bones remained for a little crunch. Next she seasoned some creamy goat cheese, one with herbs, the other with a touch of Sugarmelon and Cinnamon. She enveloped each morsel in a layer of the creamy cheese, using the savory version on the fish, and the sweeter version on the mice. Finally, she wrapped each piece carefully in the wings she’d set aside, to make colorful little balls you could pick up without getting sticky. “... keep your focus!” she finished her song.

Now to plate it up. A platter lined with Prickly Sugarleaf served for the mice, and a separate platter lined with Crisp-Leaf Amaranth for the fish, and she was finished with her Sweet and Savory Arcane Snack Balls. Her mouth was watering just looking at them, and she hoped there would be no mishap at the judging that would prevent her from taking them home afterwards!

22004304_350.png
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30785850] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307859/30785850_350.png[/img] [/url] Nami nervously laughed at yesterday's events. Maybe in it's own way it was a blessing that the irate coatl had not tasted her dish and was also luckily not in serious harm from some poisonous mushrooms...but she had hoped that they were delicious. With a shrug she started working on today's dish. [item=Satin Mouse][item=Fallout Whisper][item=Balloon Belly Magi][item=Luminous Almonds][item=Dayglo Thresh] Smiling at all the fun magic she was seeing from her fellow contestants she decided to focus on the [b]Fallout Whisper.[/b] Nami loved the glowing lights she could see in the Ghostlight Ruins and thought might as well make a fun dish that would both glow and dye your tongue with pretty glowing lights as well! She quickly stripped the [b]Satin Mouse[/b] and took the small cuts of meat that she could and tossed then with the [b]Fallout Whisper[/b] wings and Luminous Almonds and lightly cooked them in a pan. She then took the filling and stuffed it in the [b]Balloon Belly Magi's[/b] belly. Adding a little bit of ginger and scallions, she simply steamed the fish. Once she lifted the lid, she had to bite back a light laugh as the Magi belly was glowing from the various luminous ingredients, making the belly of the fish look like an arrangement of pink and yellow lights. She carefully plated the stuffed Balloon Belly Magi, and arranged Dayglo Thresh around it. Luckily, although she herself was not skilled at magic, a few of her fellow contestants were using enough magic to allow the Dayglo Thresh to shine. A nice and bright [b]Magically Glowing Magi Belly[/b] that would hopefully help give her mage friends a little happiness!

30785850_350.png

Nami nervously laughed at yesterday's events. Maybe in it's own way it was a blessing that the irate coatl had not tasted her dish and was also luckily not in serious harm from some poisonous mushrooms...but she had hoped that they were delicious. With a shrug she started working on today's dish.

Satin Mouse Fallout Whisper Balloon Belly Magi Luminous Almonds Dayglo Thresh

Smiling at all the fun magic she was seeing from her fellow contestants she decided to focus on the Fallout Whisper. Nami loved the glowing lights she could see in the Ghostlight Ruins and thought might as well make a fun dish that would both glow and dye your tongue with pretty glowing lights as well!

She quickly stripped the Satin Mouse and took the small cuts of meat that she could and tossed then with the Fallout Whisper wings and Luminous Almonds and lightly cooked them in a pan. She then took the filling and stuffed it in the Balloon Belly Magi's belly. Adding a little bit of ginger and scallions, she simply steamed the fish. Once she lifted the lid, she had to bite back a light laugh as the Magi belly was glowing from the various luminous ingredients, making the belly of the fish look like an arrangement of pink and yellow lights.

She carefully plated the stuffed Balloon Belly Magi, and arranged Dayglo Thresh around it. Luckily, although she herself was not skilled at magic, a few of her fellow contestants were using enough magic to allow the Dayglo Thresh to shine. A nice and bright Magically Glowing Magi Belly that would hopefully help give her mage friends a little happiness!
BQ25g6I.gifOfhhK4D.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19961003] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/199611/19961003_350.png[/img] [/url] Briar was excited to get down to cooking today, it was quickly becoming one of her favorite event tents to visit. She pondered the ingredients, snacking on a few of the moths as she thought. With a spark of inspiration, she threw a handful of [b]fallout whisperers[/b] into a mortar and pestle, grinding the dusty wings into a bright pink powder. Setting it aside, she went to work breaking down the [b]Satin mouse[/b] and [b]balloon belly magi[/b]. She had to use quite a few of them to get enough meat for what she was making, but eventually she had a good pile of slightly pink meats. She started grinding them up, combining the fish and mouse into a mash. She gradually worked in the moth powder, as well as some finely chopped wild onion and oats. She put it into the oven, and when she took it out it was time for the finishing touch. Focusing her powers, she caused tiny arcane crystals to form all throughout the meatloaf. Gradually some small crystal spires emerged from the too, creating quite the striking looking dish. “Here we go! Arcane Meatloaf! I hope everyone enjoys!”

19961003_350.png

Briar was excited to get down to cooking today, it was quickly becoming one of her favorite event tents to visit. She pondered the ingredients, snacking on a few of the moths as she thought. With a spark of inspiration, she threw a handful of fallout whisperers into a mortar and pestle, grinding the dusty wings into a bright pink powder. Setting it aside, she went to work breaking down the Satin mouse and balloon belly magi. She had to use quite a few of them to get enough meat for what she was making, but eventually she had a good pile of slightly pink meats.

She started grinding them up, combining the fish and mouse into a mash. She gradually worked in the moth powder, as well as some finely chopped wild onion and oats.

She put it into the oven, and when she took it out it was time for the finishing touch. Focusing her powers, she caused tiny arcane crystals to form all throughout the meatloaf. Gradually some small crystal spires emerged from the too, creating quite the striking looking dish.

“Here we go! Arcane Meatloaf! I hope everyone enjoys!”
5VAXjaj.pngFFpBIKI.pngjKoaviz.png
[center][b]Day 3[/b][/center] [center][item=Satin Mouse][item=Fallout Whisper][item=Balloon Belly Magi][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30708022] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307081/30708022_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Well, yesterday hadn't been the disaster of the first day, but Meathe hadn't wowed the judge nearly as much as he had hoped to. Barbeque he'd decided was going to be his strategy today even before he'd heard the challenge ingredients. Satin Mouse, perfect he thought. The others would be a bit trickier, but after yesterday's minefield of ingredients this was bound to be easier. First thing was first, Meathe gutted and skinned the mice and set them in a quick brine. Then filleted the fish, leaving the skin on, but removing the scales. Next he began to set up his traveling smoker. Halfway in and he realized he should have practiced. Kalishna had assured him that it would be no trouble and that she had been able to set it up in under five minutes. He'd read her diagram, but despite being a quarter of the size of his smoker back at the lair, it seemed to be ten times as complicated. After much futzing about the contraption seemed to be working, the chamber was filling with smoke anyway. He just hoped it would stay in one piece until the mice were ready. The mice were removed from the brine, thoroughly covered with dry rub [item=Salt] dried [item=Golden Pepper][item=Cinnamon], and put into the smoker. Next the fish. It was too delicate for a hot smoker, so Meathe decided a nice marinade [item=Vegetable Oil] [item=Wild Onion] [item=Honeycomb Fragment], and sear over hot coals. While the mice smoked and the fish marinated he worked on his Super Secret Sticky BBQ Sauce and contemplated what to do with the moths. He plucked one from the basket and popped it in his mouth. Hmmmm, a bit spicy, with a dusty finish, really not much flavor. Then he noticed something odd, his glass of water was glowing pink. Aha! a bit of moth wing had fallen into it.....interested.....time for an experiment. Meathe pulled a wine bottle from his satchel and poured his homebrewed mead into a saucepan, added mulling spices along with a handful of pulverized moths, and set it to simmer. Once it was nicely infused he strained out the bits and poured the softly glowing liquid into a champagne flute. Soon everything came together, Smoked Satin Mouse Smothered in Super Secret Sticky BBQ Sauce, Marinated Magi Filet with Crispy Skin, and a Sweet Spiced Whisper Mead. Gourmet barbeque at its finest.
Day 3
Satin Mouse Fallout Whisper Balloon Belly Magi

Well, yesterday hadn't been the disaster of the first day, but Meathe hadn't wowed the judge nearly as much as he had hoped to. Barbeque he'd decided was going to be his strategy today even before he'd heard the challenge ingredients. Satin Mouse, perfect he thought. The others would be a bit trickier, but after yesterday's minefield of ingredients this was bound to be easier.

First thing was first, Meathe gutted and skinned the mice and set them in a quick brine. Then filleted the fish, leaving the skin on, but removing the scales.

Next he began to set up his traveling smoker. Halfway in and he realized he should have practiced. Kalishna had assured him that it would be no trouble and that she had been able to set it up in under five minutes. He'd read her diagram, but despite being a quarter of the size of his smoker back at the lair, it seemed to be ten times as complicated.

After much futzing about the contraption seemed to be working, the chamber was filling with smoke anyway. He just hoped it would stay in one piece until the mice were ready. The mice were removed from the brine, thoroughly covered with dry rub Salt dried Golden Pepper Cinnamon , and put into the smoker.

Next the fish. It was too delicate for a hot smoker, so Meathe decided a nice marinade Vegetable Oil Wild Onion Honeycomb Fragment , and sear over hot coals. While the mice smoked and the fish marinated he worked on his Super Secret Sticky BBQ Sauce and contemplated what to do with the moths.

He plucked one from the basket and popped it in his mouth. Hmmmm, a bit spicy, with a dusty finish, really not much flavor. Then he noticed something odd, his glass of water was glowing pink. Aha! a bit of moth wing had fallen into it.....interested.....time for an experiment.

Meathe pulled a wine bottle from his satchel and poured his homebrewed mead into a saucepan, added mulling spices along with a handful of pulverized moths, and set it to simmer. Once it was nicely infused he strained out the bits and poured the softly glowing liquid into a champagne flute.

Soon everything came together, Smoked Satin Mouse Smothered in Super Secret Sticky BBQ Sauce, Marinated Magi Filet with Crispy Skin, and a Sweet Spiced Whisper Mead. Gourmet barbeque at its finest.
0mgcUEp.jpg
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24633319] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/246334/24633319_350.png[/img] [/url] [u]Ingredients Used[/u] [item=Satin Mouse][item=Balloon Belly Magi][item=Fallout Whisper][item=Diseased Fungus][item=Salt][item=Game Fowl][item=Ashfall Prickler][item=Raspberry][item=Carnaval Tulip][item=Stellaria Media] Vaitai looked at the sign curiously. "A cooking contest? Well, I'll be a little late to the game, but I could join." At the secret ingredient table, he gave a relieved sigh. This wasn't so bad. Vaitai inspected the rows of [b]Balloon Belly Magi[/b] and sniffed. He picked out the one he thought was the freshest. The Pearlcatcher carefully washed the fish under a sink. He chopped off the scales, leaving behind the tender flesh. After a moment, he decided to garnish a bit with [b]Diseased Fungus[/b]. He put the fish in the oven and set the timer for about fifteen minutes. While the fish was baking, Vaitai brought a few of the plumpest looking [b]Satin Mice[/b] back to his kitchen. He sliced off the fur and cut the remaining meat into strips, just long enough to wrap around the fish, seasoning it with [b]Salt[/b]. The timer ringed. Vaitai flew to the oven, inhaling the steam. He brought out the fish and wrapped the mice slices around it, covering just about half of it. He went to the wood fire and placed the mice-covered fish right above it, smoking it for flavor. While the main course was smoking, Vaitai found some [b]Game Fowl[/b]. He removed the plumage, making a mental note to use that in decoration, and cut off some legs and wings. When he was done, he took a few [b]Fallout Whispers[/b] from the pile and carefully severed the wings. Vaitai dipped the bodies and the game fowl in a premade batter made with milk and bread crumbs. Once that was done, Vaitai fried the game fowl and and the moths. While waiting, he created a sweet sauce for the fried game and moths with [b]Raspberries, Ashfall Prickler,[/b] and [b]Carnaval Tulips[/b]. After stirring the sauce and arranging it in a small bowl on the plate, he returned to the fried moths and game. He took them out and arranged them on the side of the plate. "Game wings and drumsticks, done. Fried moths, done," he murmured to himself. He saw that the fish had just finished smoking to perfection - at least in his eyes, as he couldn't eat seafood. He carefully arranged it in the center of the plate. Remembering that he had saved the feathers, he arranged it in the open areas on the outside of the plate. To top it all off, he laid a few [b]Stellaria Media[/b] on top. Looking proud of himself, he stepped away from the plate, praying that the supposedly harsh judge would give him mercy.

24633319_350.png

Ingredients Used

Satin Mouse Balloon Belly Magi Fallout Whisper Diseased Fungus Salt Game Fowl Ashfall Prickler Raspberry Carnaval Tulip Stellaria Media

Vaitai looked at the sign curiously. "A cooking contest? Well, I'll be a little late to the game, but I could join."

At the secret ingredient table, he gave a relieved sigh. This wasn't so bad.

Vaitai inspected the rows of Balloon Belly Magi and sniffed. He picked out the one he thought was the freshest.

The Pearlcatcher carefully washed the fish under a sink. He chopped off the scales, leaving behind the tender flesh. After a moment, he decided to garnish a bit with Diseased Fungus.

He put the fish in the oven and set the timer for about fifteen minutes. While the fish was baking, Vaitai brought a few of the plumpest looking Satin Mice back to his kitchen. He sliced off the fur and cut the remaining meat into strips, just long enough to wrap around the fish, seasoning it with Salt.

The timer ringed. Vaitai flew to the oven, inhaling the steam. He brought out the fish and wrapped the mice slices around it, covering just about half of it. He went to the wood fire and placed the mice-covered fish right above it, smoking it for flavor.

While the main course was smoking, Vaitai found some Game Fowl. He removed the plumage, making a mental note to use that in decoration, and cut off some legs and wings.

When he was done, he took a few Fallout Whispers from the pile and carefully severed the wings. Vaitai dipped the bodies and the game fowl in a premade batter made with milk and bread crumbs.

Once that was done, Vaitai fried the game fowl and and the moths. While waiting, he created a sweet sauce for the fried game and moths with Raspberries, Ashfall Prickler, and Carnaval Tulips.

After stirring the sauce and arranging it in a small bowl on the plate, he returned to the fried moths and game. He took them out and arranged them on the side of the plate. "Game wings and drumsticks, done. Fried moths, done," he murmured to himself.

He saw that the fish had just finished smoking to perfection - at least in his eyes, as he couldn't eat seafood. He carefully arranged it in the center of the plate.

Remembering that he had saved the feathers, he arranged it in the open areas on the outside of the plate. To top it all off, he laid a few Stellaria Media on top.

Looking proud of himself, he stepped away from the plate, praying that the supposedly harsh judge would give him mercy.
pm6sAxv.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33 34