Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Project 51: Rosalind's Gene Journey
1 2 3 4 5 6
{{Sold an accent I no longer needed, so time for Rosalind's first scatter! Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani }} Rosalind holds the Scatterscroll in her claws, her frills perking up in excitement. Tilting her head, examining it from every angle, she finally uses it, and with a poof- new colors! [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d2346b989e1397e0a1616f2e6c240b06/tumblr_ns8l639nZq1u6zmwpo1_400.png[/img] Shadow/Steel/Blue... certainly not bad, she thinks. She blends in with the shadows of her swamp clan. She scribbles down her immediate notes about the effects- how it felt, how the scroll changed her, a few mathematical equations as she lays down the foundations for determining the secrets of the scrolls. Still, she hopes to experience some more gene changes before she makes her first official report.
{{Sold an accent I no longer needed, so time for Rosalind's first scatter! Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani }}

Rosalind holds the Scatterscroll in her claws, her frills perking up in excitement. Tilting her head, examining it from every angle, she finally uses it, and with a poof- new colors!

tumblr_ns8l639nZq1u6zmwpo1_400.png

Shadow/Steel/Blue... certainly not bad, she thinks. She blends in with the shadows of her swamp clan. She scribbles down her immediate notes about the effects- how it felt, how the scroll changed her, a few mathematical equations as she lays down the foundations for determining the secrets of the scrolls.

Still, she hopes to experience some more gene changes before she makes her first official report.
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
{{tempted to sell some extra sprockets to put towards Ros, would anyone be interested in that? i have 100 or so right now and i'm still grinding}}
{{tempted to sell some extra sprockets to put towards Ros, would anyone be interested in that? i have 100 or so right now and i'm still grinding}}
@Noivurn

May I be added to the pinglist?
@Noivurn

May I be added to the pinglist?
YTZOoX4.png
@Fletchinder Sure thing, thanks for your interest! c:
@Fletchinder Sure thing, thanks for your interest! c:
Added 55,000 treasure to Rosalind's project funds, going to save up for a tertiary gene, next.
Added 55,000 treasure to Rosalind's project funds, going to save up for a tertiary gene, next.
Added another 100,000 treasure to the project funds! Should be adding another 100k soon, and I'll hopefully buy a tert gene for her tomorrow!
Added another 100,000 treasure to the project funds! Should be adding another 100k soon, and I'll hopefully buy a tert gene for her tomorrow!
@Noivurn
This is super cool could you add me to the pinglist pretty please c:
@Noivurn
This is super cool could you add me to the pinglist pretty please c:
tumblr_inline_nq0r6s19iA1syr94a_500.png
@LittlestDragon Thank you, and will do c:
@LittlestDragon Thank you, and will do c:
{{Tertiary time! Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon }} Rosalind fishes the scroll out from her bag, holding it in her small hands and practically buzzing with excitement. She was quick to grab a tertiary gene, as she hopes to be able to show all her colors throughout the rest of the project. This gene will probably not be permanent, but it's definitely a good start! [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/2ae326ed6ed608f47e891e49f72e1d29/tumblr_nsmct4fCzZ1u6zmwpo1_400.png[/img] With a definitive *POOF*, Rosalind finds herself covered in wispy, smokelike markings. Shes not sure if she likes it or not, but she's glad that all of her colors show now!
{{Tertiary time! Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon }}

Rosalind fishes the scroll out from her bag, holding it in her small hands and practically buzzing with excitement. She was quick to grab a tertiary gene, as she hopes to be able to show all her colors throughout the rest of the project. This gene will probably not be permanent, but it's definitely a good start!

tumblr_nsmct4fCzZ1u6zmwpo1_400.png

With a definitive *POOF*, Rosalind finds herself covered in wispy, smokelike markings. Shes not sure if she likes it or not, but she's glad that all of her colors show now!

Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon }} Excitedly, Rosalind flits about, trying to observe her own appearance. Her next gene change will be the biggest so far- and she will be a Fae no longer. Carefully removing a scale and storing it as securely as she can, for further study, she finally takes the gene scroll into her hands. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/bd333575ea36a8655b91cee72d0d5154/tumblr_nsmdvove8n1u6zmwpo1_400.png[/img] And, with a POOF, the dragon is suddenly enormous- she's glad she did this outside. Being a Guardian is a huge adjustment, especially since she so used to being able to flit around her lab and the lair. Now, she can hardly fit into them. (She's bumped her head and knocked things over with her tail more times than she'd like to admit.) However, more importantly, she's discovered that her initial hypothesis was correct. Though the gene change scrolls themselves are clearly a product of magic, the changes that result are not inherently magical. Genes that are produced as a result of the scrolls are no different than those from an unchanged, hatched dragon. Such a discovery is monumental! Rosalind is pleased to make her report. Still, she's not yet satisfied with her research. Onward to the next goal! @Noivurn
Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon }}

Excitedly, Rosalind flits about, trying to observe her own appearance. Her next gene change will be the biggest so far- and she will be a Fae no longer. Carefully removing a scale and storing it as securely as she can, for further study, she finally takes the gene scroll into her hands.

tumblr_nsmdvove8n1u6zmwpo1_400.png

And, with a POOF, the dragon is suddenly enormous- she's glad she did this outside.

Being a Guardian is a huge adjustment, especially since she so used to being able to flit around her lab and the lair. Now, she can hardly fit into them. (She's bumped her head and knocked things over with her tail more times than she'd like to admit.)

However, more importantly, she's discovered that her initial hypothesis was correct. Though the gene change scrolls themselves are clearly a product of magic, the changes that result are not inherently magical. Genes that are produced as a result of the scrolls are no different than those from an unchanged, hatched dragon.

Such a discovery is monumental! Rosalind is pleased to make her report. Still, she's not yet satisfied with her research. Onward to the next goal!

@Noivurn
1 2 3 4 5 6