Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Swipp trade or sell?
This is kind of a dumb question but just curious what everyone's opinion is. Is it better (more profitable) to sell the items Swipp wants, or to trade him and sell the items he gives you?
This is kind of a dumb question but just curious what everyone's opinion is. Is it better (more profitable) to sell the items Swipp wants, or to trade him and sell the items he gives you?
@yoshifarmer

Usually, people don't buy all the items they need- just what's left over after their own gathering. Therefore they are willing to pay more per item than the actual trade is worth. For example, if a hypothetical trade swapped ten items for an item worth 1000t, people would be willing to pay more than 100t for each item, because nobody buys 10 of the item. They gather five or six and then buy the rest. Therefore, by selling all the items, you should get more than you would for the swapped item itself.

Selling the ingredients is more profitable; the downside is they're slower to sell, need to be sold within a certain window (they're only valuable for two hours at a time, remember), and are just generally more hassle. I recommend selling them in convenient batches (5, 10, 15, 20, half what's needed, one-third what's needed, etc.) rather than individually, and undercutting the lowest unit price by .1 treasure or so. Basically, find the lowest unit price and multiply by the number you're selling, then subtract 1 and round down. This puts you at the top of all unit-price sorts (which most buyers will use).

Good luck!

Edit: Also, your profile pic matches your vista so well it looks like the vines continue on his fins.
@yoshifarmer

Usually, people don't buy all the items they need- just what's left over after their own gathering. Therefore they are willing to pay more per item than the actual trade is worth. For example, if a hypothetical trade swapped ten items for an item worth 1000t, people would be willing to pay more than 100t for each item, because nobody buys 10 of the item. They gather five or six and then buy the rest. Therefore, by selling all the items, you should get more than you would for the swapped item itself.

Selling the ingredients is more profitable; the downside is they're slower to sell, need to be sold within a certain window (they're only valuable for two hours at a time, remember), and are just generally more hassle. I recommend selling them in convenient batches (5, 10, 15, 20, half what's needed, one-third what's needed, etc.) rather than individually, and undercutting the lowest unit price by .1 treasure or so. Basically, find the lowest unit price and multiply by the number you're selling, then subtract 1 and round down. This puts you at the top of all unit-price sorts (which most buyers will use).

Good luck!

Edit: Also, your profile pic matches your vista so well it looks like the vines continue on his fins.
windh4.png
@WyvernVenom

Thanks for the advice. I never noticed that about my vista and pic match so well. now i cant unsee it lol.
@WyvernVenom

Thanks for the advice. I never noticed that about my vista and pic match so well. now i cant unsee it lol.