Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Higher or Lower Problem - need help!
I wanted to put this here first because I believe the issue I am having is browser related not a bug.

I know in Higher or Lower it does not always show the second card after a guess, which makes it go a lot faster and I am used to that. However last night mine started showing the second card on every single turn which slows it down and frankly is kinda annoying :)

I use Firefox on my desktop computer, and my daughter uses it on her laptop when she is not using my computer to play Flight Rising so she tested it on her laptop and for her it is still functioning correctly. I then upgraded my Firefox, which did not fix the problem so I also upgraded Flash and Shockwave, still not fixed.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox ~ and it is still turning over the second card on every choice. I even went into game settings and switched the Faire Game Socket to Alternate, and yep you guessed it - still not fixed so I have it back at normal. I also cleared my cache and I am now at the extent of my computer skills so does anyone else have this problem or has anyone else had it and know how to fix it?
I wanted to put this here first because I believe the issue I am having is browser related not a bug.

I know in Higher or Lower it does not always show the second card after a guess, which makes it go a lot faster and I am used to that. However last night mine started showing the second card on every single turn which slows it down and frankly is kinda annoying :)

I use Firefox on my desktop computer, and my daughter uses it on her laptop when she is not using my computer to play Flight Rising so she tested it on her laptop and for her it is still functioning correctly. I then upgraded my Firefox, which did not fix the problem so I also upgraded Flash and Shockwave, still not fixed.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox ~ and it is still turning over the second card on every choice. I even went into game settings and switched the Faire Game Socket to Alternate, and yep you guessed it - still not fixed so I have it back at normal. I also cleared my cache and I am now at the extent of my computer skills so does anyone else have this problem or has anyone else had it and know how to fix it?
Hatchery: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2299443
~ Banner Design by Mibella ~
BSM6jVo.png
@Shelandra

Umm... I think it's supposed to show the second card on every turn.
I may be wrong, but the same thing happened to me as well, and I assumed that it was because the "bug" (second card not showing up) was fixed.
@Shelandra

Umm... I think it's supposed to show the second card on every turn.
I may be wrong, but the same thing happened to me as well, and I assumed that it was because the "bug" (second card not showing up) was fixed.
@HuskyLove Ohh see I thought it NOT showing all the time was the way it was supposed to work to save having to click the extra button and move on. Hmmm ok if that is true how the heck do I break it again? LOL
@HuskyLove Ohh see I thought it NOT showing all the time was the way it was supposed to work to save having to click the extra button and move on. Hmmm ok if that is true how the heck do I break it again? LOL
BSM6jVo.png
@Shelandra

Haha, yeah, I did like it that way too.
I guess we'll have to deal with things the way they're supposed to be.... :')
@Shelandra

Haha, yeah, I did like it that way too.
I guess we'll have to deal with things the way they're supposed to be.... :')
@Shelandra @HuskyLove

What I do is use my browser's back function. I have a mouse with a button for that, but using the backspace key also works (in my version of Firefox, at least). It doesn't avoid the page load, but it's much faster than moving the mouse to the play again button, then back to the arrow buttons. And I can go back as soon as my choice registers, without waiting for the results page to fully load. :)
@Shelandra @HuskyLove

What I do is use my browser's back function. I have a mouse with a button for that, but using the backspace key also works (in my version of Firefox, at least). It doesn't avoid the page load, but it's much faster than moving the mouse to the play again button, then back to the arrow buttons. And I can go back as soon as my choice registers, without waiting for the results page to fully load. :)
OOh I will have to try that! Thanks so much @smileytechie :)
OOh I will have to try that! Thanks so much @smileytechie :)
BSM6jVo.png
@smileytechie

Ooh, thanks for the tips!
@smileytechie

Ooh, thanks for the tips!