Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Coliseum issues
1 2
So I've been playing on and off since last year, though I didn't start playing the games such as the coliseum since sometime earlier this year. Anyways, I've had persistent problems with it connecting to the game and it ceasing to work after several turns and me having to refresh the page and start again. It's become such a hindrance during events because grinding is even more of a chore than usual. I've never experienced the coliseum without interruption and I've tried all of the common solutions and nothing has fixed it. Is there any other possible fixes or am I stuck being frustrated with it crashing every few turns?
So I've been playing on and off since last year, though I didn't start playing the games such as the coliseum since sometime earlier this year. Anyways, I've had persistent problems with it connecting to the game and it ceasing to work after several turns and me having to refresh the page and start again. It's become such a hindrance during events because grinding is even more of a chore than usual. I've never experienced the coliseum without interruption and I've tried all of the common solutions and nothing has fixed it. Is there any other possible fixes or am I stuck being frustrated with it crashing every few turns?
featherscript.regular.png featherscript.regular.png
@CaptainNadine

Try the safemode link:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum&safemode=1

If you have Trend Micro antivirus, see this thread: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/1680729
@CaptainNadine

Try the safemode link:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum&safemode=1

If you have Trend Micro antivirus, see this thread: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/1680729
I've used the safe mode before and it still does not work. Neither do any of the solutions listed on that thread, which includes adding the coliseum to the exceptions list and installing the toolbar. I've even switched browsers and it's still having problems.
I've used the safe mode before and it still does not work. Neither do any of the solutions listed on that thread, which includes adding the coliseum to the exceptions list and installing the toolbar. I've even switched browsers and it's still having problems.
@CaptainNadine

To get a better idea of what's causing your problem, could you please tell us what browsers you've tried, what your operating system is and what, if any, other virus software you may have running? Thanks!
@CaptainNadine

To get a better idea of what's causing your problem, could you please tell us what browsers you've tried, what your operating system is and what, if any, other virus software you may have running? Thanks!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

I've tried Chrome, which is my main browser and Internet Explorer. I can sometimes have like 3 minutes in the coliseum before it stops loading correctly and eventually gives me the error message. I'm on Windows 10 and only have Trend Micro running.
@Nightwind

I've tried Chrome, which is my main browser and Internet Explorer. I can sometimes have like 3 minutes in the coliseum before it stops loading correctly and eventually gives me the error message. I'm on Windows 10 and only have Trend Micro running.
@CaptainNadine

There's been a whole new crop of problems with Windows 10 and the coli lately. So far the only suggestions that have not been verified to work/fail have been to turn off Windows Defender and reinstall Chrome's TrendMicro toolbar before clearing your cache and reloading the coli. I don't run Windows 10 otherwise I would have given this a try.

If you could try this and report back it would definitely help our knowledge base.
@CaptainNadine

There's been a whole new crop of problems with Windows 10 and the coli lately. So far the only suggestions that have not been verified to work/fail have been to turn off Windows Defender and reinstall Chrome's TrendMicro toolbar before clearing your cache and reloading the coli. I don't run Windows 10 otherwise I would have given this a try.

If you could try this and report back it would definitely help our knowledge base.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@CaptainNadine

I have Trend Micro, after the new update/renewal, I couldn't do more than 3 battles before the coli stopped. I tried adding FR to the exception list, but what I've found to work is go to settings, in Trend, then Internet and Email controls, and untick the 'Block potentially dangerous websites' box. It defaults to turning back on in half an hour but there's an option to keep it off until the computer restarts.

I haven't had the issue since, unless I start the computer and forget to turn it off again each day. If you're doing general internet stuff maybe turn it back on, but I've mostly been on here for the last week anyway so haven't bothered.

Also @Arzosah in case it helps you.
@CaptainNadine

I have Trend Micro, after the new update/renewal, I couldn't do more than 3 battles before the coli stopped. I tried adding FR to the exception list, but what I've found to work is go to settings, in Trend, then Internet and Email controls, and untick the 'Block potentially dangerous websites' box. It defaults to turning back on in half an hour but there's an option to keep it off until the computer restarts.

I haven't had the issue since, unless I start the computer and forget to turn it off again each day. If you're doing general internet stuff maybe turn it back on, but I've mostly been on here for the last week anyway so haven't bothered.

Also @Arzosah in case it helps you.
@leiari

I've had issues since before the new update this year. I'm unable to play more than 3 or so battles before it stops, but I'll definitely give your suggestion a try and see if that works.

Edit: Ahh, thank you so much, that seemed to fix the problem, I've been able to grind so much longer than I've ever been able to play in the coliseum. Now I can enjoy the coliseum without interruption ever second!
@leiari

I've had issues since before the new update this year. I'm unable to play more than 3 or so battles before it stops, but I'll definitely give your suggestion a try and see if that works.

Edit: Ahh, thank you so much, that seemed to fix the problem, I've been able to grind so much longer than I've ever been able to play in the coliseum. Now I can enjoy the coliseum without interruption ever second!
@Leiari Yaaaaaaaay thank you, I've been playing for a solid 10-15 minutes now, it's so nice!
@Leiari Yaaaaaaaay thank you, I've been playing for a solid 10-15 minutes now, it's so nice!
Eta Kooram Nah Smech!
button_gold_glow.png
@Arzosah

Glad it worked! Not being able to coli this week is just sad :D

In theory adding FR to the exceptions list should do it, but apparently there's just something about the coli it doesn't like - I never have a problem with any other part of the site with Trend running as normal. I'm still trying to find a permanent fix, but it'll do for now.
@Arzosah

Glad it worked! Not being able to coli this week is just sad :D

In theory adding FR to the exceptions list should do it, but apparently there's just something about the coli it doesn't like - I never have a problem with any other part of the site with Trend running as normal. I'm still trying to find a permanent fix, but it'll do for now.
1 2