Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Coliseum won't work
Can someone please help? The coliseum won't work for me for more than about 2 minutes at a time - and then only if I do not under any circumstances change window.

I have a computer that can handle ARK Survival Evolved and an internet connection that can handle GTA Online to my PS3, but I can't use coli?

I've tried safemode, I've tried with both disabled and enabled adblock, I don't have no-script, how can I get it to work.

It hasn't worked for a while, BTW, this is not just a NotN thing. But now that NotN is going to require a TON of coli grinding, I really can't stand not using it anymore. Please someone help???
Can someone please help? The coliseum won't work for me for more than about 2 minutes at a time - and then only if I do not under any circumstances change window.

I have a computer that can handle ARK Survival Evolved and an internet connection that can handle GTA Online to my PS3, but I can't use coli?

I've tried safemode, I've tried with both disabled and enabled adblock, I don't have no-script, how can I get it to work.

It hasn't worked for a while, BTW, this is not just a NotN thing. But now that NotN is going to require a TON of coli grinding, I really can't stand not using it anymore. Please someone help???
Eta Kooram Nah Smech!
button_gold_glow.png
@Arzosah

If it's exactly every two minutes it's likely you have TrendMicro. You'll need to whitelist the coli and add the particular plug-in for the browser you're using (likely Chrome or Firefox as these are the two worst offenders).

Otherwise, manually clear your cache and FR cookies. You can also try a different browser as well--you didn't mention which one you were using. Win10 is also having some issues and so far as I know there's no work around for that one.

About how long hasn't the coli worked for you?
@Arzosah

If it's exactly every two minutes it's likely you have TrendMicro. You'll need to whitelist the coli and add the particular plug-in for the browser you're using (likely Chrome or Firefox as these are the two worst offenders).

Otherwise, manually clear your cache and FR cookies. You can also try a different browser as well--you didn't mention which one you were using. Win10 is also having some issues and so far as I know there's no work around for that one.

I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Nightwind" date=2015-12-20 04:34:48] @Arzosah If it's exactly every two minutes it's likely you have TrendMicro. You'll need to whitelist the coli and [b]add the particular plug-in for the browser you're using[/b] (likely Chrome or Firefox as these are the two worst offenders). Otherwise, manually clear your cache and FR cookies. You can also try a different browser as well--you didn't mention which one you were using. Win10 is also having some issues and so far as I know there's no work around for that one. About how long hasn't the coli worked for you? [/quote] I do have trend micro! I have whitelisted FR in general, will that be sufficient? How do I add the plug-in for my browser (I use Chrome). I can switch to Firefox if necessary, and I'll give it a go - after I clear cache and cookies. I do use Windows 10 I assume that's what you mean? I don't remember how long it's been since it worked - I never really used Coli all that much because I make money selling fodder and apparel, and I have never needed to grind to get enough festival currency, I get plenty from gathering or buying it. Thank you so much for your help! (Ooops. gotta ping @Nightwind )
Nightwind wrote on 2015-12-20:
@Arzosah

I do have trend micro! I have whitelisted FR in general, will that be sufficient? How do I add the plug-in for my browser (I use Chrome).

I can switch to Firefox if necessary, and I'll give it a go - after I clear cache and cookies.
I do use Windows 10 I assume that's what you mean?

I don't remember how long it's been since it worked - I never really used Coli all that much because I make money selling fodder and apparel, and I have never needed to grind to get enough festival currency, I get plenty from gathering or buying it.

Thank you so much for your help!

(Ooops. gotta ping @Nightwind )
Eta Kooram Nah Smech!
button_gold_glow.png
@Arzosah

Yeah, I ran into this and whitelisting isn't enough. This is what I did for my computer:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1104223.aspx

It's probably not Windows 10 but I can't verify since I don't use it. After following the instructions on that page I linked above you'll need to restart but then you should be good to go.
@Arzosah

Yeah, I ran into this and whitelisting isn't enough. This is what I did for my computer:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1104223.aspx

It's probably not Windows 10 but I can't verify since I don't use it. After following the instructions on that page I linked above you'll need to restart but then you should be good to go.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind thank you! I'll try it tomorrow night when I'm back on my computer!
@Nightwind thank you! I'll try it tomorrow night when I'm back on my computer!
Eta Kooram Nah Smech!
button_gold_glow.png
@Nightwind I actually just realised I'm using firefox (used to use chrome on my old computer)
I tried switching to chrome and it is horrifically slow, I can't use it at all.

I tried installing the toolbar on Firefox and it hasn't really made any difference, I'm not sure what to do from there?
@Nightwind I actually just realised I'm using firefox (used to use chrome on my old computer)
I tried switching to chrome and it is horrifically slow, I can't use it at all.

I tried installing the toolbar on Firefox and it hasn't really made any difference, I'm not sure what to do from there?
Eta Kooram Nah Smech!
button_gold_glow.png
@Arzosah

A plate of cookies to bribe a tech person and I got this:

Windows 10 has a bad habit of disabling/uninstalling adblocking software and virus software because it "interferes" with the new Windows Update/Start Bar advertisements. In other words, Microsoft wants you to view their ads even if they contain viruses or things that look like viruses. His suggestion is to reinstall all of your adblocking and virus software programs every time Windows Update runs. You will need to check Windows Defender to see if it's blocking the coli.

I have no idea how to check that last bit but you can also disable Windows Defender (after reinstalling TrendMicro to see if that is the problem.
@Arzosah

A plate of cookies to bribe a tech person and I got this:

Windows 10 has a bad habit of disabling/uninstalling adblocking software and virus software because it "interferes" with the new Windows Update/Start Bar advertisements. In other words, Microsoft wants you to view their ads even if they contain viruses or things that look like viruses. His suggestion is to reinstall all of your adblocking and virus software programs every time Windows Update runs. You will need to check Windows Defender to see if it's blocking the coli.

I have no idea how to check that last bit but you can also disable Windows Defender (after reinstalling TrendMicro to see if that is the problem.

This might be a longshot, but have you tried Internet Explorer (not Edge)? On my old 4-5-ish years old computer it's the only browser than can handle the Coliseum without crashing, for some strange reason.

@Arzosah

edit: whoops, added ping. I'll get the hang of these yet!
This might be a longshot, but have you tried Internet Explorer (not Edge)? On my old 4-5-ish years old computer it's the only browser than can handle the Coliseum without crashing, for some strange reason.

@Arzosah

edit: whoops, added ping. I'll get the hang of these yet!
Thank you both for your help, unfortunately it's still not working.

@Nightwind I tried reinstalling Trend Micro, no go unfortunately. Still drops every 2 minutes.
Windows Defender was apparently disabled this whole time so that's not doing it.

@Skanti I gave that a go, unfortunately it still freezes after a couple of minutes.
Thank you both for your help, unfortunately it's still not working.

@Nightwind I tried reinstalling Trend Micro, no go unfortunately. Still drops every 2 minutes.
Windows Defender was apparently disabled this whole time so that's not doing it.

@Skanti I gave that a go, unfortunately it still freezes after a couple of minutes.
Eta Kooram Nah Smech!
button_gold_glow.png