Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | PRICING dragons or what to look for
1 2 3
I did a search on the subject, but may have not worded it correctly and therefore, didnt get my answers. Iyho.. what traits do you look for to buy, swap or sell dragons. I am trying to understand how the auction house attracts buyers as well as the forums to better use those avenues. I dont want to just buy or trade willy nilly but best use my lair to create beautiful dragons for all to enjoy
I did a search on the subject, but may have not worded it correctly and therefore, didnt get my answers. Iyho.. what traits do you look for to buy, swap or sell dragons. I am trying to understand how the auction house attracts buyers as well as the forums to better use those avenues. I dont want to just buy or trade willy nilly but best use my lair to create beautiful dragons for all to enjoy
LOVE... flight rising, minecraft and world of warcraft... FOR THE HORDE
That's a very broad question, but I'll do my best to answer.

Dragons with genes are generally worth more than dragons without genes. Some genes are worth more than others and this is usually controlled by how expensive it is to purchase that gene. Example: Circuit Gene is worth more than the Tiger gene because it's more expensive and not as common.

Colors play a large role in the worth of a dragon as well. Even a well genes dragon won't sell if it has an awful color scheme. Conversely, a well colored dragon can be sold for more treasure. Double or Triple color dragons (xxx, xxy, xyx or yxx) are very popular at the moment, but if you should look for such a dragon be careful because some colors are more sought after than others.

*Random Tip: Some colors are only popular with certain genes. Most people don't favor a color like maize unless it is used with shimmer, iridescent or a tertiary gene.

Everyone uses the AH to sell their dragons while not everyone uses the forums. Both have their advantages and draw backs, but in general if you have a sales thread for your dragons you should still put your dragons on the AH to reach a wider audience.

AH +s
You can instantly buy dragons here and don't have to worry about negotiations with other users over price. Dragons are instantly put into your lair after purchase. You can find a huge variety of colors and genes here and can search for dragons based on species, gender and gene.

AH -s
There are a lot of poorly colored dragons on the AH. You have no control over who buys your dragons when or for what purpose, so you may sell a nice dragon only to have it exalted by the other user. Since everyone sells dragons here you have a LOT of dragons to look through. The AH also created an average price for the hatchlings and adults of a species. This price can change quickly, so you may not sell your dragons if they do not match the average price. Dragons with the most exposure are the cheapest and the most expensive.

Got to go. I'll finish responding when I come back.
That's a very broad question, but I'll do my best to answer.

Dragons with genes are generally worth more than dragons without genes. Some genes are worth more than others and this is usually controlled by how expensive it is to purchase that gene. Example: Circuit Gene is worth more than the Tiger gene because it's more expensive and not as common.

Colors play a large role in the worth of a dragon as well. Even a well genes dragon won't sell if it has an awful color scheme. Conversely, a well colored dragon can be sold for more treasure. Double or Triple color dragons (xxx, xxy, xyx or yxx) are very popular at the moment, but if you should look for such a dragon be careful because some colors are more sought after than others.

*Random Tip: Some colors are only popular with certain genes. Most people don't favor a color like maize unless it is used with shimmer, iridescent or a tertiary gene.

Everyone uses the AH to sell their dragons while not everyone uses the forums. Both have their advantages and draw backs, but in general if you have a sales thread for your dragons you should still put your dragons on the AH to reach a wider audience.

AH +s
You can instantly buy dragons here and don't have to worry about negotiations with other users over price. Dragons are instantly put into your lair after purchase. You can find a huge variety of colors and genes here and can search for dragons based on species, gender and gene.

AH -s
There are a lot of poorly colored dragons on the AH. You have no control over who buys your dragons when or for what purpose, so you may sell a nice dragon only to have it exalted by the other user. Since everyone sells dragons here you have a LOT of dragons to look through. The AH also created an average price for the hatchlings and adults of a species. This price can change quickly, so you may not sell your dragons if they do not match the average price. Dragons with the most exposure are the cheapest and the most expensive.

Got to go. I'll finish responding when I come back.
EA0-D26-BB-DDF0-4-B52-BE49-28-F6-B4250-A5-E.png
thanks so much you helped me more than you realize.. anyone else with what they know to help this ol noob.. add to this column... hugzz to all ps.. you way of explaining really helped me see without too much tech chat
thanks so much you helped me more than you realize.. anyone else with what they know to help this ol noob.. add to this column... hugzz to all ps.. you way of explaining really helped me see without too much tech chat
@Polgarae

Haha. No problem! We were all noobs once. Trust me it gets easier from here on out.

*Random Tip: Even if a dragon is well colored with good genes and is a sought after breed, you still may have a lot of work to do to sell it. Everyone has their own personal tastes in dragons.

Forums +s
When you advertise on the forms you can sell your dragons for more treasure because you aren't subject to all the trends in the AH. People on the forms usually are looking for specific characteristics rather then just browsing, but you still get a lot of window shoppers who will buy for the right dragon.
You can also directly affect the worth of your dragons with proper advertising.
Example: Some dragons have awful neon color schemes that hurt your eyes to look at, but when properly advertised as "Eye Burners" you can still get good money out of them. I've also seen dull color schemes advertised as Zombies which is a real cool idea. Remember you aren't just selling the dragon, but the idea of the dragon. People pay more for good ideas.

Forums -s
Selling through a thread requires a lot of set up and continuous work. Buyers are looking for clear concise information all in one place, so for each dragons you should include it's important selling points. Depending on how many dragons you want to sell this can take a while. People normally don't look past the first page of threads, so you will need to bump up your post often for it to be seen. Your thread will also be competing with all the other hatcheries on FR. They sell hatchlings from specific breeding pairs and they are gorgeous and expensive.
Because of all of this dragons usually take longer to sell.

That warps it up. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
XD
@Polgarae

Haha. No problem! We were all noobs once. Trust me it gets easier from here on out.

*Random Tip: Even if a dragon is well colored with good genes and is a sought after breed, you still may have a lot of work to do to sell it. Everyone has their own personal tastes in dragons.

Forums +s
When you advertise on the forms you can sell your dragons for more treasure because you aren't subject to all the trends in the AH. People on the forms usually are looking for specific characteristics rather then just browsing, but you still get a lot of window shoppers who will buy for the right dragon.
You can also directly affect the worth of your dragons with proper advertising.
Example: Some dragons have awful neon color schemes that hurt your eyes to look at, but when properly advertised as "Eye Burners" you can still get good money out of them. I've also seen dull color schemes advertised as Zombies which is a real cool idea. Remember you aren't just selling the dragon, but the idea of the dragon. People pay more for good ideas.

Forums -s
Selling through a thread requires a lot of set up and continuous work. Buyers are looking for clear concise information all in one place, so for each dragons you should include it's important selling points. Depending on how many dragons you want to sell this can take a while. People normally don't look past the first page of threads, so you will need to bump up your post often for it to be seen. Your thread will also be competing with all the other hatcheries on FR. They sell hatchlings from specific breeding pairs and they are gorgeous and expensive.
Because of all of this dragons usually take longer to sell.

That warps it up. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
XD
EA0-D26-BB-DDF0-4-B52-BE49-28-F6-B4250-A5-E.png
thank you for your generous time and answers.. I learned a great deal. I hope others benefit from my questions and your answers
thank you for your generous time and answers.. I learned a great deal. I hope others benefit from my questions and your answers
Oh, and some people are looking for "Gen 1" dragons which means hatched from an egg (tho excludes progen/starter dragons from what I've seen so far).
These usually go for a higher price, especially if nicely colored or double/triples because the coloration is random. Usually they're a special thread in the dragons for sale part of the forums, but other sections (trading and collecting) are also found elsewhere and will direct straight to the right topic.
Hope this helps!
Oh, and some people are looking for "Gen 1" dragons which means hatched from an egg (tho excludes progen/starter dragons from what I've seen so far).
These usually go for a higher price, especially if nicely colored or double/triples because the coloration is random. Usually they're a special thread in the dragons for sale part of the forums, but other sections (trading and collecting) are also found elsewhere and will direct straight to the right topic.
Hope this helps!
Less active than I used to be but still here
@pageoflight @Polgarae
The reason that progenitors (the two dragons you get on joining) are excluded is because they cannot be sold or traded.
So you both know 'starter dragons' nearly always refers to the starter breeds rather than to progenitors. The four starter breeds are the only ones which hatch out of eggs, so saying that starters aren't included risks terminology issues!

FYI, if you get pretty much any triple colour Gen 1 dragon, you're in for big money.
@pageoflight @Polgarae
The reason that progenitors (the two dragons you get on joining) are excluded is because they cannot be sold or traded.
So you both know 'starter dragons' nearly always refers to the starter breeds rather than to progenitors. The four starter breeds are the only ones which hatch out of eggs, so saying that starters aren't included risks terminology issues!

FYI, if you get pretty much any triple colour Gen 1 dragon, you're in for big money.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
dont have a triple color.. got this out of the egg maybe comments on this one can help others understand about gen 1's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3538389] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/35384/3538389_350.png[/img] [/url]
dont have a triple color.. got this out of the egg maybe comments on this one can help others understand about gen 1's

3538389_350.png
bump good info on this page.. hope it helps someone
bump good info on this page.. hope it helps someone
@Polgarae I'm sending this link to another newbie! Some really great info is on this page! Do you still need a hand understanding gen 1's, or are you all right?
@Polgarae I'm sending this link to another newbie! Some really great info is on this page! Do you still need a hand understanding gen 1's, or are you all right?
f2VHCTu.gif
1 2 3