Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pokemon's 24hr Galar stream
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[emoji=bogsneak sleepy size=2][emoji=bogsneak sleepy size=2][emoji=bogsneak sleepy size=2]
WYLy2Ui.gif
[quote name="DemonKid" date="2019-10-04 18:30:41" ] .....please go back to Alola..... [/quote] :( but i wanna see the new pokemon too!
DemonKid wrote on 2019-10-04 18:30:41:
.....please go back to Alola.....
:( but i wanna see the new pokemon too!
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
[quote name="Shiinotic" date="2019-10-04 18:43:51" ] [quote name="DemonKid" date="2019-10-04 18:30:41" ] .....please go back to Alola..... [/quote] :( but i wanna see the new pokemon too! [/quote] okay but only if you help lure out a pony owo
Shiinotic wrote on 2019-10-04 18:43:51:
DemonKid wrote on 2019-10-04 18:30:41:
.....please go back to Alola.....
:( but i wanna see the new pokemon too!
okay but only if you help lure out a pony owo
TBD
So this entire stream is meant to tease a My Little Pony reject...

Don't get me wrong, it's cute I just hope they show at least one more.
So this entire stream is meant to tease a My Little Pony reject...

Don't get me wrong, it's cute I just hope they show at least one more.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

If that wasn't a Galarian Ponyta, I will eat my shoe.

A pity, really. I like Ponyta, but I was really hoping we would get a whole new horse Pokemon, not just a regional variant that, in all honesty, is not impressing me right now. If it's a ghost type, I will be more interested, but I am kinda expecting it to be a grass type....I

I will also be very VERY unimpressed if that's the only new Pokemon they show.
If that wasn't a Galarian Ponyta, I will eat my shoe.

A pity, really. I like Ponyta, but I was really hoping we would get a whole new horse Pokemon, not just a regional variant that, in all honesty, is not impressing me right now. If it's a ghost type, I will be more interested, but I am kinda expecting it to be a grass type....I

I will also be very VERY unimpressed if that's the only new Pokemon they show.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
Not quite sure why spoil but

Game Freak: "Come to this livestream thing where we set the camera down in Galar, you never know what will happen!"
Also Game Freak: 24h of not much happening at all except for a few random sights, and a galaran ponyta passing by the camera.

This would've been a really cool idea had there been a lot more happening. I feel really sorry for people covering this, especially Serebii who was giving minutes, because they had to sit through what amounts to a day long tease for one Pokemon's new form. It's kinda trollish when you think about it that way.
Not quite sure why spoil but

Game Freak: "Come to this livestream thing where we set the camera down in Galar, you never know what will happen!"
Also Game Freak: 24h of not much happening at all except for a few random sights, and a galaran ponyta passing by the camera.

This would've been a really cool idea had there been a lot more happening. I feel really sorry for people covering this, especially Serebii who was giving minutes, because they had to sit through what amounts to a day long tease for one Pokemon's new form. It's kinda trollish when you think about it that way.
My writing project.
[spoiler]I get that the livestream is pretty authentic, but for the marketing purposes, I we got to see more general pokemon especially more galarian pokemon. Only having two (technically three) of them pop up feels unnatural in a Galar forest. We got to see Impidimp and Galarian Ponyta, plus in the very end got to hear a Rapidash's cry as a little tease. [emoji=tundra deadpan size=2][/spoiler]
I get that the livestream is pretty authentic, but for the marketing purposes, I we got to see more general pokemon especially more galarian pokemon. Only having two (technically three) of them pop up feels unnatural in a Galar forest. We got to see Impidimp and Galarian Ponyta, plus in the very end got to hear a Rapidash's cry as a little tease.
My username is MariLiLL | She/Her | FR +10
DLrWmez.png
honestly that was just
absolutely freakin' ridiculous
it's almost as bad as how we're about a MONTH from the game's release and have had no info on the starters. in one way, that's the most important part of the game, and we don't even know the primary evolutions yet.
(i'm salty, yes, but the last thing i want is to be two weeks into a sobble hunt before finding out that actually its final evolution is disgustingly ugly or completely useless, and actually scorbunny would have been my pick had i known the final forms)
honestly that was just
absolutely freakin' ridiculous
it's almost as bad as how we're about a MONTH from the game's release and have had no info on the starters. in one way, that's the most important part of the game, and we don't even know the primary evolutions yet.
(i'm salty, yes, but the last thing i want is to be two weeks into a sobble hunt before finding out that actually its final evolution is disgustingly ugly or completely useless, and actually scorbunny would have been my pick had i known the final forms)
[quote name="Chronosplit" date="2019-10-05 05:52:15" ] [Spoiler]This would've been a really cool idea had there been a lot more happening. I feel really sorry for people covering this, especially Serebii who was giving minutes, because they had to sit through what amounts to a day long tease for one Pokemon's new form. It's kinda trollish when you think about it that way.[/spoiler] [/quote] [Spoiler]Honestly, Nintendo have been very lacking in information for these games. When Sun and Moon got this close to release, we got the second stages for the starters. What do Sword and Shield get? A regional variant. I can understand why: the first main series games on the Switch, a pretty big deal. But still...a 24 hour stream for one Pokemon, and not even an entirely new one, feels pretty much like the awful clickbait you see.[/spoiler]
Chronosplit wrote on 2019-10-05 05:52:15:

Honestly, Nintendo have been very lacking in information for these games. When Sun and Moon got this close to release, we got the second stages for the starters. What do Sword and Shield get? A regional variant.

I can understand why: the first main series games on the Switch, a pretty big deal. But still...a 24 hour stream for one Pokemon, and not even an entirely new one, feels pretty much like the awful clickbait you see.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
[quote name="Marilill" date="2019-10-05 06:36:07" ] [spoiler]I get that the livestream is pretty authentic, but for the marketing purposes, I we got to see more general pokemon especially more galarian pokemon. Only having two (technically three) of them pop up feels unnatural in a Galar forest. We got to see Impidimp and Galarian Ponyta, plus in the very end got to hear a Rapidash's cry as a little tease. [emoji=tundra deadpan size=2][/spoiler] [/quote][spoiler]Yeah, it is pretty weird in that regard. Remember though, the starter evos haven't even been used. By far this is the least we've known about a new Pokemon game at this point when it comes to the Pokemon. This is also the game that [i]needs[/i] it most due to the National Dex debacle, because they could've done a comeback with "yes but look at all that you're gaining!" It seriously makes you wonder whether they have much actual new Pokemon to show or not.[/spoiler]
Marilill wrote on 2019-10-05 06:36:07:
I get that the livestream is pretty authentic, but for the marketing purposes, I we got to see more general pokemon especially more galarian pokemon. Only having two (technically three) of them pop up feels unnatural in a Galar forest. We got to see Impidimp and Galarian Ponyta, plus in the very end got to hear a Rapidash's cry as a little tease.
Yeah, it is pretty weird in that regard. Remember though, the starter evos haven't even been used. By far this is the least we've known about a new Pokemon game at this point when it comes to the Pokemon. This is also the game that needs it most due to the National Dex debacle, because they could've done a comeback with "yes but look at all that you're gaining!"

It seriously makes you wonder whether they have much actual new Pokemon to show or not.
My writing project.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7