Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Let's Talk about Forgotten Websites
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24
[quote name="Otokyo" date="2019-09-09 21:16:46" ] [b]Bella Sara[/b] The only site on this list that's still online. how?? is it still online what the heck. [img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/nichesites-files/virtualworldsland_com/images/games/502/gallery/1101.jpg[/img] [/quote] Oh.. [b]OH[/b]. *flashbacks to childhood* I completely forgot that website existed [s]my childhood, no what.....[/s]
Otokyo wrote on 2019-09-09 21:16:46:

Bella Sara
The only site on this list that's still online. how?? is it still online what the heck.

1101.jpg

Oh.. OH.
*flashbacks to childhood*
I completely forgot that website existed

my childhood, no what.....
I have too many fandoms... and too many ships. I love Broadway musicals

She/Her pronouns LBGTQ+ Ally

?whfsX=platform.png
Didn't there used to be a Kung Fu Panda RPG Thing? Legends..something? That doesn't exist anymore?

Didn't there used to be a Kung Fu Panda RPG Thing? Legends..something? That doesn't exist anymore?

I have too many fandoms... and too many ships. I love Broadway musicals

She/Her pronouns LBGTQ+ Ally

?whfsX=platform.png
[quote name="babie" date="2019-09-10 07:32:45" ] im,, shakign i LOVE bella sara.. oh my godsfh fdsgf [/quote] OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT SO MUCH LIKE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I have 250 cards or so, still collecting. [quote name="cabinetman" date="2019-09-09 21:47:59" ] gosh i dont think i could get screenshots of it cause it was so old but i used to SUPER LOVE this one barbie MMO.... i used to beg my parents to get a premium membership on it, but they never obliged LOL edit: found some :') [img]http://alphavilleherald.com/images/2008/08/18/1_barbie_girl_home.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9vxz-7d7E30/hqdefault.jpg[/img] [/quote] Also this. My sis used to have one of those. I was so young I couldn't even read xD Also Club penguin. And this panda game. I was always on girlsgogames as a kid. And agame.
babie wrote on 2019-09-10 07:32:45:
im,, shakign i LOVE bella sara.. oh my godsfh fdsgf
OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT SO MUCH LIKE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I have 250 cards or so, still collecting.
cabinetman wrote on 2019-09-09 21:47:59:
gosh i dont think i could get screenshots of it cause it was so old but i used to SUPER LOVE this one barbie MMO.... i used to beg my parents to get a premium membership on it, but they never obliged LOL
edit: found some :')
1_barbie_girl_home.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
Also this. My sis used to have one of those. I was so young I couldn't even read xD
Also Club penguin. And this panda game.

I was always on girlsgogames as a kid. And agame.
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
i've been trying to remember the name of my e pets for months now thank you so much
i've been trying to remember the name of my e pets for months now thank you so much
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
Goddamn this thread is giving me nostalgia something fierce!
Goddamn this thread is giving me nostalgia something fierce!
I miss Bella Sara so much.
I miss Bella Sara so much.
mkpoaHZ.png
Might be a weird one, but does anyone remember the name of this site that was based/hosted by a brand of cereal? Like Post, or Kellog's, or one of those. I want to say it started with "Pop", but that always sent me to Poptropica instead. I think I saw it on a cereal box years ago, and I wanted to get an account, but wasn't allowed.

It had games featuring an armadillo-like creature named 'Bro-' something; a fighting game with monsters, where you battled using a deck of cards; and this game where you could raise a pet mouth. Literally. You took care of it by giving it mouthwash and other stuff, and you could earn saliva to buy it accessories and backdrops and stuff. I think there were also some games with the Flinstones.

I had it bookmarked long ago, then I either changed computers without transferring the bookmark, or the site changed. I haven't been able to find a trace of it since.

It drives me nuts once in a while.

I never had accounts on anything, but I miss a lot of old versions of websites.
The old American Girl games, like the -I think- Samantha one where you could make tea and bake muffins, or the Kit one where you had to sell eggs to make money to buy something special, or the embroidery one I liked to mess around with.

The old Warrior Cats site had some little games, and a bigger quest game where you had to find a new home for your clan by searching the map for fod/shelter/etc., that was kind of vaguely like (what I'd consider) a D&D type of gameplay.

@Stagrose I loved the fish tank! Never visited the original site, but I played that Bratz game a ton on a different site. I think you can still find it if you do a search.

I remember EcoWorld/House. Those were fun, but I always got frustrated that I couldn't get anything really cool because I didn't have an account, so it didn't save.
Might be a weird one, but does anyone remember the name of this site that was based/hosted by a brand of cereal? Like Post, or Kellog's, or one of those. I want to say it started with "Pop", but that always sent me to Poptropica instead. I think I saw it on a cereal box years ago, and I wanted to get an account, but wasn't allowed.

It had games featuring an armadillo-like creature named 'Bro-' something; a fighting game with monsters, where you battled using a deck of cards; and this game where you could raise a pet mouth. Literally. You took care of it by giving it mouthwash and other stuff, and you could earn saliva to buy it accessories and backdrops and stuff. I think there were also some games with the Flinstones.

I had it bookmarked long ago, then I either changed computers without transferring the bookmark, or the site changed. I haven't been able to find a trace of it since.

It drives me nuts once in a while.

I never had accounts on anything, but I miss a lot of old versions of websites.
The old American Girl games, like the -I think- Samantha one where you could make tea and bake muffins, or the Kit one where you had to sell eggs to make money to buy something special, or the embroidery one I liked to mess around with.

The old Warrior Cats site had some little games, and a bigger quest game where you had to find a new home for your clan by searching the map for fod/shelter/etc., that was kind of vaguely like (what I'd consider) a D&D type of gameplay.

@Stagrose I loved the fish tank! Never visited the original site, but I played that Bratz game a ton on a different site. I think you can still find it if you do a search.

I remember EcoWorld/House. Those were fun, but I always got frustrated that I couldn't get anything really cool because I didn't have an account, so it didn't save.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
[quote name="Maplestarthecat" date="2019-10-05 08:17:22" ] Didn't there used to be a Kung Fu Panda RPG Thing? Legends..something? That doesn't exist anymore? [/quote] Yep, I used to play the Kung Fu Panda virtual world game all the time! Bearville and Pixie Hollow World were much more dear to me, though, the latter especially. I was lucky, and I managed to convince my parents to get me a membership, multiple times even! I always tried to get invited to parties on Pixie Hollow, and I remember waiting with tons of people on Groundhog Day in Bearville to see if anything would happen. (It didn't.) I never cared for this one very much, but does anyone know the name of that virtual world game that tied in with IRL little squishy guys? I remember an undersea world and lots of minigames, but I feel like.. if you didn't care for your pets often enough, you had to log on and pay a bunch of in-game coins to save them or else they would die????? It was really, really weird. I loved Eekoworld, the old Warrior Cats quest game (I remember that I really sucked at it and it sometimes named me N/Apaw) and the old American Girl games. I think I played McWorld too, but not as much. Also.. did anyone else play that MLP game where there were a bunch of minigames that gave you points in different traits and stuff, then when you filled up all the bars you got your cutie mark? I never watched past the first season of the show, but I really loved that game. I found it on an unofficial website, but it broke as soon as you filled up the bars. More stuff... the Winx Club games on the Nickelodeon website! I never watched the show at all, but I really loved the games, especially the one where you take care of the pets (I have way too many pictures on my computer from this game) and the story one where each fairy corresponded to a minigame (I sucked at the music one because it was so laggy). It was put on an unofficial site too. Also.. the old Shaun the Sheep website! They made most of their games into apps, some of which cost money now, which is a real bummer. I loved the salon game, Home Sheep Home, and the Olympics! I think the Olympics game was deleted entirely, but for a while it was on the BBC website, and I couldn't play since I don't live in Britain. I found it on another site, but a big chunk at the bottom of the screen was cut off, so most of the minigames were impossible. And I know it's definitely not forgotten, but I used to love Webkinz too! I was really bummed when they got rid of the hamsters.. mainly because I bought one, so my house just had a bedroom for someone who got wiped from existence??? I also played their other game, AmazingWorld or whatever it was called, but not very much. Oh--and another thing this thread has reminded me of: Times Attack! I really loved the lava world, but I was good enough at my times tables that it just kept bringing me back to the final area and wouldn't let me go back. Still not forgotten, but Moshi Monsters! Another game I convinced my parents to give me memberships for. (The fools.) I've tried to make new accounts but it won't let me for some reason? Will have to try again, I really loved it! The website's probably still around for this one, but I'm not sure. You know those little kid fairy books, where each arc/series had a bunch of fairies around one theme (a color series.. um, I don't remember any others)? There was a website that let you make your own, and I did that ALL THE TIME. I printed a ton out and taped them to my wall! And another--the old Martha Speaks games! I loved the newspaper creator, the pizza game, and the one with minigames for each dog. Most of these games aren't available on the game screen, but they're still there--there's just no way to access them unless you search and type in the URL. The minigames one is gone, though, which is a bummer; it was my favorite. They're probably still there, but I also loved the Ruff Ruffman games! I really sucked at the germ one and the one where you were in a tank (or something??) but I played them anyway, and the roller coaster one! Always had a lot of fun with those. Not a website, but I played the 2nd and 3rd grade JumpStart games. Not the online world one (well, I did, but not as much) but singleplayer ones with a (weird) plot. And the art-themed one! They used to be a lot of fun. Okay, that's really all I can think of for now. I really love these nostalgic games posts, they help me remember a lot of things I used to enjoy! Sorry for the block of text. I loved all of these games, but Pixie Hollow World was always my favorite. I can't remember my main fairy's name (I joined when they let you have 3 fairies instead of just one) but I know she was water, and I think her name had 'mist' or 'thistle' in it..? I used to have screenshots, but I deleted them ages ago.
Maplestarthecat wrote on 2019-10-05 08:17:22:
Yep, I used to play the Kung Fu Panda virtual world game all the time! Bearville and Pixie Hollow World were much more dear to me, though, the latter especially. I was lucky, and I managed to convince my parents to get me a membership, multiple times even! I always tried to get invited to parties on Pixie Hollow, and I remember waiting with tons of people on Groundhog Day in Bearville to see if anything would happen. (It didn't.)

I never cared for this one very much, but does anyone know the name of that virtual world game that tied in with IRL little squishy guys? I remember an undersea world and lots of minigames, but I feel like.. if you didn't care for your pets often enough, you had to log on and pay a bunch of in-game coins to save them or else they would die????? It was really, really weird.

I loved Eekoworld, the old Warrior Cats quest game (I remember that I really sucked at it and it sometimes named me N/Apaw) and the old American Girl games. I think I played McWorld too, but not as much.

Also.. did anyone else play that MLP game where there were a bunch of minigames that gave you points in different traits and stuff, then when you filled up all the bars you got your cutie mark? I never watched past the first season of the show, but I really loved that game. I found it on an unofficial website, but it broke as soon as you filled up the bars.

More stuff... the Winx Club games on the Nickelodeon website! I never watched the show at all, but I really loved the games, especially the one where you take care of the pets (I have way too many pictures on my computer from this game) and the story one where each fairy corresponded to a minigame (I sucked at the music one because it was so laggy). It was put on an unofficial site too.

Also.. the old Shaun the Sheep website! They made most of their games into apps, some of which cost money now, which is a real bummer. I loved the salon game, Home Sheep Home, and the Olympics! I think the Olympics game was deleted entirely, but for a while it was on the BBC website, and I couldn't play since I don't live in Britain. I found it on another site, but a big chunk at the bottom of the screen was cut off, so most of the minigames were impossible.

And I know it's definitely not forgotten, but I used to love Webkinz too! I was really bummed when they got rid of the hamsters.. mainly because I bought one, so my house just had a bedroom for someone who got wiped from existence??? I also played their other game, AmazingWorld or whatever it was called, but not very much.

Oh--and another thing this thread has reminded me of: Times Attack! I really loved the lava world, but I was good enough at my times tables that it just kept bringing me back to the final area and wouldn't let me go back.

Still not forgotten, but Moshi Monsters! Another game I convinced my parents to give me memberships for. (The fools.) I've tried to make new accounts but it won't let me for some reason? Will have to try again, I really loved it!

The website's probably still around for this one, but I'm not sure. You know those little kid fairy books, where each arc/series had a bunch of fairies around one theme (a color series.. um, I don't remember any others)? There was a website that let you make your own, and I did that ALL THE TIME. I printed a ton out and taped them to my wall!

And another--the old Martha Speaks games! I loved the newspaper creator, the pizza game, and the one with minigames for each dog. Most of these games aren't available on the game screen, but they're still there--there's just no way to access them unless you search and type in the URL. The minigames one is gone, though, which is a bummer; it was my favorite.

They're probably still there, but I also loved the Ruff Ruffman games! I really sucked at the germ one and the one where you were in a tank (or something??) but I played them anyway, and the roller coaster one! Always had a lot of fun with those.

Not a website, but I played the 2nd and 3rd grade JumpStart games. Not the online world one (well, I did, but not as much) but singleplayer ones with a (weird) plot. And the art-themed one! They used to be a lot of fun.

Okay, that's really all I can think of for now. I really love these nostalgic games posts, they help me remember a lot of things I used to enjoy! Sorry for the block of text. I loved all of these games, but Pixie Hollow World was always my favorite. I can't remember my main fairy's name (I joined when they let you have 3 fairies instead of just one) but I know she was water, and I think her name had 'mist' or 'thistle' in it..? I used to have screenshots, but I deleted them ages ago.
[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/toys/detail-page/B000VEOTWA-2-lg.jpg[/img] This game. I believe it was created because of the Webkinz hype. The reason I say this is because in order to have the characters in it you had to buy these plushies. Maybe there was like this character what you got if you didn't have them? I don't remember. Anyways, there were activities such as minigames, decorating your own house, etc. The only part what was confusing to me - realizing nowadays - is that it was single-player. No other players were seen. [img]https://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/69/10/5fLYXp.jpg[/img] [center](Finding pictures of this site is hard, and that's quite sad) [/center] ------- On the topic of LPS, I believe the reason why LPSO suddenly got shut down is that nobody was buying the Premium-pass. You see, LPSO had this code system where you could insert codes to unlock things such as clothing. One of them literally gave you one month of Premium, for free. And smartypants children - like me - basically made accounts to use that code, and when the Premium ran out, we discarded those accounts and made new ones. The second thing I remember about LPSO, when it did shut down I was really salty. I e-mailed them, and to my surprise, I got e-mailed back. All they said was "sorry, but it's closed now forever". Sadly I don't have that e-mail anymore, it vanished into the air, but still, it's something interesting.
B000VEOTWA-2-lg.jpg

This game. I believe it was created because of the Webkinz hype. The reason I say this is because in order to have the characters in it you had to buy these plushies. Maybe there was like this character what you got if you didn't have them? I don't remember. Anyways, there were activities such as minigames, decorating your own house, etc. The only part what was confusing to me - realizing nowadays - is that it was single-player. No other players were seen.

5fLYXp.jpg
(Finding pictures of this site is hard, and that's quite sad)

On the topic of LPS, I believe the reason why LPSO suddenly got shut down is that nobody was buying the Premium-pass. You see, LPSO had this code system where you could insert codes to unlock things such as clothing. One of them literally gave you one month of Premium, for free. And smartypants children - like me - basically made accounts to use that code, and when the Premium ran out, we discarded those accounts and made new ones.

The second thing I remember about LPSO, when it did shut down I was really salty. I e-mailed them, and to my surprise, I got e-mailed back. All they said was "sorry, but it's closed now forever". Sadly I don't have that e-mail anymore, it vanished into the air, but still, it's something interesting.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
@mysticSpaghetti I played the Warriors hunting game over and over again just to enter the names of my boring OCs on the leaderboards hgshjd
@mysticSpaghetti I played the Warriors hunting game over and over again just to enter the names of my boring OCs on the leaderboards hgshjd
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24