Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Lyrics you didn't get at first?
So, I've been jamming to Greensky Bluegrass for a while, and I knew they'd made a cover of some Pink Floyd song. I didn't quite catch the lyrics for a while, till I tried to start singing along, and that's when I realized that the lyrics are actually pretty sad :/

Anyone else have this experience, with what songs?
So, I've been jamming to Greensky Bluegrass for a while, and I knew they'd made a cover of some Pink Floyd song. I didn't quite catch the lyrics for a while, till I tried to start singing along, and that's when I realized that the lyrics are actually pretty sad :/

Anyone else have this experience, with what songs?
bHeX9bv.png
Someone played “Pumped Up Kicks” at a youth group get-together some years ago (Dude was known for being kind of an edgelord). I was in one of those moods that evening, so I just sat there growing wistful at the cheery little tune. When it ended, he asked what I thought of it; I tearfully replied that it sounded like the soundtrack to a life I could never have. It was months later that I’d realize I told my church I wanted to be a school shooter.
Someone played “Pumped Up Kicks” at a youth group get-together some years ago (Dude was known for being kind of an edgelord). I was in one of those moods that evening, so I just sat there growing wistful at the cheery little tune. When it ended, he asked what I thought of it; I tearfully replied that it sounded like the soundtrack to a life I could never have. It was months later that I’d realize I told my church I wanted to be a school shooter.
Helium-banner.png
how about all lyrics. in the sense of. i might as well hear gibberish until i read along the actual lyrics and go "huh thats what its supposed to be"
how about all lyrics. in the sense of. i might as well hear gibberish until i read along the actual lyrics and go "huh thats what its supposed to be"
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2019-06-19 01:53:09" ] how about all lyrics. in the sense of. i might as well hear gibberish until i read along the actual lyrics and go "huh thats what its supposed to be" [/quote] this lmao
PixelSpiral wrote on 2019-06-19 01:53:09:
this lmao
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
honestly, a loooot of ariana grande songs are like "nyeh? what's she saying?" before I look at lyrics and go "Oh okay I guess I can see how that is meant to be those words."

A lot of singers these days have very bad enunciation.
honestly, a loooot of ariana grande songs are like "nyeh? what's she saying?" before I look at lyrics and go "Oh okay I guess I can see how that is meant to be those words."

A lot of singers these days have very bad enunciation.
[quote name="schmaltz" date="2019-06-19 01:21:40" ] Someone played “Pumped Up Kicks” at a youth group get-together some years ago (Dude was known for being kind of an edgelord). I was in one of those moods that evening, so I just sat there growing wistful at the cheery little tune. When it ended, he asked what I thought of it; I tearfully replied that it sounded like the soundtrack to a life I could never have. It was months later that I’d realize I told my church I wanted to be a school shooter. [/quote] this is literally the funniest thing i've ever read not an experience i had, but one that i (kind of) caused: i have a friend who lives out of state, and i sometimes recommend him music. i recommended a kikuo song which, if you aren't aware, typically have gruesome lyrics with an incredibly happy and upbeat tune. a couple of days later, he told me that he showed the song to one of his friends, who said "hey this is cute! i bet the lyrics are adorable" and then she looked them up and it was about a kid talking about his own death lol
schmaltz wrote on 2019-06-19 01:21:40:

this is literally the funniest thing i've ever read

not an experience i had, but one that i (kind of) caused:
i have a friend who lives out of state, and i sometimes recommend him music. i recommended a kikuo song which, if you aren't aware, typically have gruesome lyrics with an incredibly happy and upbeat tune. a couple of days later, he told me that he showed the song to one of his friends, who said "hey this is cute! i bet the lyrics are adorable" and then she looked them up and it was about a kid talking about his own death lol
komaeda-kun-komaeda.png
please ping me if you quote me
i still hear the america song as "coming to meme to save the (heck)ing day yeah" and honestly i don't want to unhear it. i know it isn't right but it's definitely better than the actual lyrics
i still hear the america song as "coming to meme to save the (heck)ing day yeah" and honestly i don't want to unhear it. i know it isn't right but it's definitely better than the actual lyrics
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
The first time I actually seriously listened to Careless Whisper and paid attention to the lyrics, I got super sad. And then super annoyed that that beautiful, sad song had turned into a meme because of saxophones. (Seether's rock cover of it will always be better than the original, though!)
The first time I actually seriously listened to Careless Whisper and paid attention to the lyrics, I got super sad. And then super annoyed that that beautiful, sad song had turned into a meme because of saxophones. (Seether's rock cover of it will always be better than the original, though!)
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png