Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Opinions:Pokemon edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Whoo boy, here we go:
-The ranger games are underrated
-Charizard, Lucario, Gardevoir, and Greninja are all overhyped/overrated
-I don't like Zygarde's other forms (the 50% one is really the only one I actually like and they should've left it at that; it's the best-looking form)
-Gen1 is overrated and is really only brought up to pander to/make money off of the old fans
-trubbish, klink, and any other object-based pokemon are fine; people need to stop acting like they're awful because they're really not.
-Z moves are unappealing to me and I pretty much ignored them in my sun playthrough
I probably have more but this is all I can think of at the moment
Whoo boy, here we go:
-The ranger games are underrated
-Charizard, Lucario, Gardevoir, and Greninja are all overhyped/overrated
-I don't like Zygarde's other forms (the 50% one is really the only one I actually like and they should've left it at that; it's the best-looking form)
-Gen1 is overrated and is really only brought up to pander to/make money off of the old fans
-trubbish, klink, and any other object-based pokemon are fine; people need to stop acting like they're awful because they're really not.
-Z moves are unappealing to me and I pretty much ignored them in my sun playthrough
I probably have more but this is all I can think of at the moment
tumblr_oqb77mzwgv1tes27xo1_250.png47553_5c5b3bfa8a096bc3_I.gif57937_7b3d40124ad4a22d_I.gifdcaxhzs-1b02a1d8-7970-40c7-a7e7-d2c9aad1e938.gif67860_571e6c6360da3087_I.gif46504_ed14e8aee05bf109_I.gifFRSS_Banner_2018_FINALE_smol.pngMWJhT4K.png
  • Greninja is overrated. It's a solid design, but the tongue scarf is a bit weird. And the whole Ash-Greninja thing came out of nowhere, is basically Mega Evolution with the same prerequisite as Beast Boost, and wound up being anticlimactic.
  • The Sun and Moon anime art style is great given how laid-back Alola is. Hoping they switch back to the XY style for SWSH.
  • Vanillite line is okay. At they very least, it shows more ingenuity design-wise than certain gen 1 families.
  • Rattata is the cutest early-route mon that isn't a flying-type.
  • Unova anime had some great ideas and supporting characters, but got bogged down by the scriptwriters thinking the last region Ash was in was Kanto and the release of B2W2 partway through muddling things up.
  • Let's Go Eevee has too many things in the postgame that link back to grinding money. EXP grinding? Grind money to afford lures and dozens of Ultra Balls to catch Chansey. Shiny hunting? Grind money to afford lures and dozens of Pokeballs for catch combos.
  • Some starters have 'jumps of logic' in their families that don't quite make sense designwise, especially when going to final stage. Dewott to Samurott and Dartrix to Decidueye in particular- there's really not enough common design elements between the two stages to justify going from an otter to a sea lion and an owl with bangs to a archer owl. They're good designs, just a bit abrupt.
  • Greninja is overrated. It's a solid design, but the tongue scarf is a bit weird. And the whole Ash-Greninja thing came out of nowhere, is basically Mega Evolution with the same prerequisite as Beast Boost, and wound up being anticlimactic.
  • The Sun and Moon anime art style is great given how laid-back Alola is. Hoping they switch back to the XY style for SWSH.
  • Vanillite line is okay. At they very least, it shows more ingenuity design-wise than certain gen 1 families.
  • Rattata is the cutest early-route mon that isn't a flying-type.
  • Unova anime had some great ideas and supporting characters, but got bogged down by the scriptwriters thinking the last region Ash was in was Kanto and the release of B2W2 partway through muddling things up.
  • Let's Go Eevee has too many things in the postgame that link back to grinding money. EXP grinding? Grind money to afford lures and dozens of Ultra Balls to catch Chansey. Shiny hunting? Grind money to afford lures and dozens of Pokeballs for catch combos.
  • Some starters have 'jumps of logic' in their families that don't quite make sense designwise, especially when going to final stage. Dewott to Samurott and Dartrix to Decidueye in particular- there's really not enough common design elements between the two stages to justify going from an otter to a sea lion and an owl with bangs to a archer owl. They're good designs, just a bit abrupt.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
rse wasnt that good
usum are good games, youre just impatient
kanto is arguably the worst gen

i have many more
rse wasnt that good
usum are good games, youre just impatient
kanto is arguably the worst gen

i have many more
gen 5 is good ok trubbish is cute
gen 5 is good ok trubbish is cute
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
the mareep line is criminally underrated

mewtwo's cool, but i think it gets overhyped
the mareep line is criminally underrated

mewtwo's cool, but i think it gets overhyped
komaeda-kun-komaeda.png
please ping me if you quote me
Drowzee/Hypno are adorable Pokemon though I do admit they are difficult to use in battle.
Drowzee/Hypno are adorable Pokemon though I do admit they are difficult to use in battle.
im not sure how popular that is but competitive pokemon scares me and actually the whole pokemon fandom scares me eevee's design is just Boring tbh. this includes most eeveelutions this is why vaporeon is the bset one [quote name="MoonEclispe" date="2019-06-02 08:51:28" ] Trubbish is a cute pokemon. [/quote] yes........ wonderful children and garbodor is also very good. i will protect both with my life generally i dont think loving gen 5 is unpopular lmao
im not sure how popular that is but competitive pokemon scares me and actually the whole pokemon fandom scares me
eevee's design is just Boring tbh. this includes most eeveelutions this is why vaporeon is the bset one
MoonEclispe wrote on 2019-06-02 08:51:28:
Trubbish is a cute pokemon.
yes........ wonderful children and garbodor is also very good. i will protect both with my life

generally i dont think loving gen 5 is unpopular lmao
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
barbaracle and binacle aren't that bad. i like em

gen 3 isn't all that great

pokemon ranger guardian signs had a rad soundtrack

most importantly though: Pokemon Conquest 2 When!?! I need it
barbaracle and binacle aren't that bad. i like em

gen 3 isn't all that great

pokemon ranger guardian signs had a rad soundtrack

most importantly though: Pokemon Conquest 2 When!?! I need it
qVj5yOB.png ... skymin | fr+3
Serena is not a good character.
Serena is not a good character.
2387888.png2387695.png2434632.png
-Things started going downhill after Platinum. Arguably they started at Gen 4, but the improvements make up for it.
-The nerfing of the 95 Power elemental moves to 90 was pretty dumb.
-I still wonder why they put R/B/Y in the Virtual Console when FireRed/LeafGreen existed forever.
-Competitive Pokemon has degraded over time into unfun territory, due to weird opinions that strand some setups into tiers where they can't be used. Blame the power creep?
-It makes me sad that few people try unique things like putting Overheat on a Primeape.
-The dissassembly of Pokemon Crystal really needs to be looked at by more people. Seeing the innards and how game freak did stuff alone is great, modifying it is even more fun.
-Things started going downhill after Platinum. Arguably they started at Gen 4, but the improvements make up for it.
-The nerfing of the 95 Power elemental moves to 90 was pretty dumb.
-I still wonder why they put R/B/Y in the Virtual Console when FireRed/LeafGreen existed forever.
-Competitive Pokemon has degraded over time into unfun territory, due to weird opinions that strand some setups into tiers where they can't be used. Blame the power creep?
-It makes me sad that few people try unique things like putting Overheat on a Primeape.
-The dissassembly of Pokemon Crystal really needs to be looked at by more people. Seeing the innards and how game freak did stuff alone is great, modifying it is even more fun.
My writing project.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22