Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anyone know a way to stop nail biting??
1 2 3
@yeehawbuckaroo
Used to absolutely destroy them with the nail clipper when I was little. I just stopped one day idk why but I just did? I don't really get how you can get addicted to biting your nails since the feeling feels like biting on soft metal to me and it's cbjvhbfvhjrbv.

Anyways I suggest the nail polish, but take it to the next level like p u r e chemical nail polish (glow in the dark) lmao. Or mix it with hot sauce or something idk.

Maybe you should get like a jar filled with your favorite candy, you're not allowed to get it only if you stop biting your nails for one whole day, do that everyday until the jar needs to be refilled or you just stop.

Or you know just get your nails removed by getting a door slammed on them

@yeehawbuckaroo
Used to absolutely destroy them with the nail clipper when I was little. I just stopped one day idk why but I just did? I don't really get how you can get addicted to biting your nails since the feeling feels like biting on soft metal to me and it's cbjvhbfvhjrbv.

Anyways I suggest the nail polish, but take it to the next level like p u r e chemical nail polish (glow in the dark) lmao. Or mix it with hot sauce or something idk.

Maybe you should get like a jar filled with your favorite candy, you're not allowed to get it only if you stop biting your nails for one whole day, do that everyday until the jar needs to be refilled or you just stop.

Or you know just get your nails removed by getting a door slammed on them

akueye3.png
Replace biting with nail filing. just keep a nail file on you, and when you get the urge, use that instead! Worked for me :)
Replace biting with nail filing. just keep a nail file on you, and when you get the urge, use that instead! Worked for me :)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Nail polish helps but for me having braces is what got me to quit.
Nail polish helps but for me having braces is what got me to quit.
kEygMJz.png
Keep your nails trim, and don't do any of those "strengthener" polishes. Your nails could be weak from all the nail-biting, and the polishes just make them brittle too.

If they are so short, and look nice, you won't have room for nibbling. I'd even recommend a gel polish that is harder to chip.
Keep your nails trim, and don't do any of those "strengthener" polishes. Your nails could be weak from all the nail-biting, and the polishes just make them brittle too.

If they are so short, and look nice, you won't have room for nibbling. I'd even recommend a gel polish that is harder to chip.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
Avoid one specific finger (like the left pinkie) for a whole week. Then add a finger each week after that. Otherwise, figure out what triggers the nail-biting and see if you can replace the action with something else
Avoid one specific finger (like the left pinkie) for a whole week. Then add a finger each week after that. Otherwise, figure out what triggers the nail-biting and see if you can replace the action with something else
Non-Fodder Available For Fodder Prices
A friend of mine with the same problem just wears gloves when their biting gets really bad, and that helps them to at least do it less often. I'm sure it's worth a shot, especially if you mix it with some of these other techniques, good luck!
A friend of mine with the same problem just wears gloves when their biting gets really bad, and that helps them to at least do it less often. I'm sure it's worth a shot, especially if you mix it with some of these other techniques, good luck!
@impossibleJedi4 That's how I stopped! Now, I always have a nail filler on me. It comes in handy, especially if your nail gets nicked - instead of wanting to bite off the imperfection, you just file it it off. I never get the urge to bite them anymore, and this had been a problem my whole life up until I switched to the filler a couple years ago.
@impossibleJedi4 That's how I stopped! Now, I always have a nail filler on me. It comes in handy, especially if your nail gets nicked - instead of wanting to bite off the imperfection, you just file it it off. I never get the urge to bite them anymore, and this had been a problem my whole life up until I switched to the filler a couple years ago.
Dez - No pronouns - 23 - FR+0
i somehow got myself to stop in grade 4 or 5. no idea how. my mom tried everything to get me to stop, lemon juice, tape over my fingernails, nothing really helped. and weirdly i like the taste of nail polish so i didnt mind biting them. however, i preferred peeling the nail polish off and would do that instead of biting them.

i was a very anxious kid though, so i think the mental effort of taking notice every time i was biting my nails and being self conscious of what i looked like when i was doing it forced me to stop. i dont recommend that method though ;w;
good luck!!
i somehow got myself to stop in grade 4 or 5. no idea how. my mom tried everything to get me to stop, lemon juice, tape over my fingernails, nothing really helped. and weirdly i like the taste of nail polish so i didnt mind biting them. however, i preferred peeling the nail polish off and would do that instead of biting them.

i was a very anxious kid though, so i think the mental effort of taking notice every time i was biting my nails and being self conscious of what i looked like when i was doing it forced me to stop. i dont recommend that method though ;w;
good luck!!
sig115_by_dingobreath-dcn58p6.png
It was definitely nail polish that got me to stop. I painted a unique design on my nails every Sunday and put a lot of work into it, and the work discouraged me from biting :3
It was definitely nail polish that got me to stop. I painted a unique design on my nails every Sunday and put a lot of work into it, and the work discouraged me from biting :3
fire_panbling_by_cicide76536-dciqc5h.gif
They/Them
+2 FR
fire_nonbinbling_by_cicide76536-dciue5f.gif
Make sure you file your nails, it's harder to tear them when they're smooth.
Make sure you file your nails, it's harder to tear them when they're smooth.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
1 2 3