Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Silly Pokemon Shiny Stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
my first wild encounter shiny was a shiny combee in either soulsilver or platinum? i didnt know what a shiny was and thought it was cool, so i went to catch it but i had no pokeballs so i ko'd it instead. ive now got some pretty great shinys though! a shiny decidueye named katniss, a shiny bruxish, and a shiny toucannon named fuit punch! ive got a whole bunch more through trades and as gifts from friends, but these are the pokes i got on my own [emoji=ridgeback happy]
my first wild encounter shiny was a shiny combee in either soulsilver or platinum? i didnt know what a shiny was and thought it was cool, so i went to catch it but i had no pokeballs so i ko'd it instead.

ive now got some pretty great shinys though! a shiny decidueye named katniss, a shiny bruxish, and a shiny toucannon named fuit punch!
ive got a whole bunch more through trades and as gifts from friends, but these are the pokes i got on my own
Grotesque-2-L.png Sourz/Everette
they/them | dae/daer
+3 hrs fr time
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
I was playing a color-based Nuzlocke in X. Only red pokemon counted as wild encounters and could be caught. My first encounter for the route by the castle? BEHOLD [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/77/Spr_7s_679_s.png[/img]
I was playing a color-based Nuzlocke in X. Only red pokemon counted as wild encounters and could be caught.

My first encounter for the route by the castle? BEHOLD

Spr_7s_679_s.png
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/375057[/img]
I was going to try and get one so I could breed for a shiny starter or something in my game. Except I somehow blacked out to the first one I tried to catch
I fainted to a ditto lads
BUt when I opened the game back up again the next one I encountered was shiny and I was p hyped. so basically my first shiny was a ditto that I never would've gotten if I wasn't bad at the game lol
I was going to try and get one so I could breed for a shiny starter or something in my game. Except I somehow blacked out to the first one I tried to catch
I fainted to a ditto lads
BUt when I opened the game back up again the next one I encountered was shiny and I was p hyped. so basically my first shiny was a ditto that I never would've gotten if I wasn't bad at the game lol
I'm not a serious shiny hunter atm, I've only found two by accident.
The first shiny I ever found was a heckin Geodude in Diamond.
The second I ever found was a Ralts in ORAS; I was hunting higher leveled mons to train my team up and he just showed up
I'm not a serious shiny hunter atm, I've only found two by accident.
The first shiny I ever found was a heckin Geodude in Diamond.
The second I ever found was a Ralts in ORAS; I was hunting higher leveled mons to train my team up and he just showed up
I was playing Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and I was in the Rock Tunnel heading towards Lavender Town when I ran into a random cubone. I wasn’t paying attention so I just threw the pokeball at it then left. I realized it was a shiny a couple minutes after I caught it and started freaking out
I was playing Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and I was in the Rock Tunnel heading towards Lavender Town when I ran into a random cubone. I wasn’t paying attention so I just threw the pokeball at it then left. I realized it was a shiny a couple minutes after I caught it and started freaking out
lightweaver1_by_croatiahetalia-dcb2va5.png

- Fr +0
- Female
- Wishlist
My very first shiny was Ursaring, full odds, in SoulSilver

Now let me tell you something: I don't like bears. And as such, I don't like Ursaring

Now, picture me, with a green bear in front of me, while also not really knowing what shiny pokemon are at the time, but having this idea that "oh..that's really rare and special huh?"

I caught him, but man did I despise him lol. I think I accidetnally created a new save file over him too, so I guess I don't have to really look at him ever again :'D

Don't get mad at me for disliking bears, they're just not my jam |D
My very first shiny was Ursaring, full odds, in SoulSilver

Now let me tell you something: I don't like bears. And as such, I don't like Ursaring

Now, picture me, with a green bear in front of me, while also not really knowing what shiny pokemon are at the time, but having this idea that "oh..that's really rare and special huh?"

I caught him, but man did I despise him lol. I think I accidetnally created a new save file over him too, so I guess I don't have to really look at him ever again :'D

Don't get mad at me for disliking bears, they're just not my jam |D
FR_SIGGY.png
i have a few interesting ones but idk if they count as silly :o (also @masotan i also have a shiny toucannon named fruit punch!!) my first hunted shiny was also my first (and currently only) failed shiny,, i decided i really, really wanted a shiny smeargle so i set up the sos chain and eventually found it!! i was so excited, i went to show my family aaaand [b]the game closed due to an "error"[/b] this happened a second time!!! 2 shinies found and lost due to an """error""" despite having no problems [i]before[/i] the shiny showed up i got him on my 3rd one and his name is prince! i really wanted a girl but by the time i actually caught one i couldnt remember why or what i was gonna name her some shorter ones: [list] [*]first ever shiny was kakuna in black, no memory of catching or if i even knew it was shiny at the time, now i have a bunch of shinies from active hunting [*]first minun ever in pokemon go is shiny [*]pichu chain, tell my friend i dont want happiny bc ill break the chain, shiny happiny appears [*]evolving pokemon for shiny charm so i can hunt, shiny cottonee appears [*]playing through x for the second time, random horde wingull, play with hordes for a while not long after and shiny hoppip, right in front [*]just started a zigzagoon/poochyena hunt, set the 3ds down after sweet scenting and turn it away from me for suspense or something ,obviously i dont think im gonna get it, i hear the sparkles and ive never picked up my ds so fast [*]first time doing masuda all the way through, unexpected blue miltank and im just pleasantly surprised like "huh, cool" if i remember correctly, i think i got a drifloon that same night [*]found a shiny ditto on gts and actually managed to get it [/LIST] i was actually gonna make a shiny vent thread and i scrolled down first to see this one so im adding to this before i go complain
i have a few interesting ones but idk if they count as silly :o
(also @masotan i also have a shiny toucannon named fruit punch!!)

my first hunted shiny was also my first (and currently only) failed shiny,, i decided i really, really wanted a shiny smeargle so i set up the sos chain and eventually found it!! i was so excited, i went to show my family aaaand
the game closed due to an "error"
this happened a second time!!! 2 shinies found and lost due to an """error""" despite having no problems before the shiny showed up
i got him on my 3rd one and his name is prince! i really wanted a girl but by the time i actually caught one i couldnt remember why or what i was gonna name her

some shorter ones:
  • first ever shiny was kakuna in black, no memory of catching or if i even knew it was shiny at the time, now i have a bunch of shinies from active hunting
  • first minun ever in pokemon go is shiny
  • pichu chain, tell my friend i dont want happiny bc ill break the chain, shiny happiny appears
  • evolving pokemon for shiny charm so i can hunt, shiny cottonee appears
  • playing through x for the second time, random horde wingull, play with hordes for a while not long after and shiny hoppip, right in front
  • just started a zigzagoon/poochyena hunt, set the 3ds down after sweet scenting and turn it away from me for suspense or something ,obviously i dont think im gonna get it, i hear the sparkles and ive never picked up my ds so fast
  • first time doing masuda all the way through, unexpected blue miltank and im just pleasantly surprised like "huh, cool"
    if i remember correctly, i think i got a drifloon that same night
  • found a shiny ditto on gts and actually managed to get it
i was actually gonna make a shiny vent thread and i scrolled down first to see this one so im adding to this before i go complain
they/worm/she | 19 | frt +3 | pings ok!
art shop | wishlist | tumblr | usd commissions
zorua.gif
I was grinding for Chansey to level up my team in Let's Go Eevee and a shiny Rhyhorn popped up. My chain wasn't long enough to start affecting the odds yet and I don't have the Shiny Charm yet curse you inability to connect to Pokemon Go, so I only had a Lure affecting the odds.

According to Bulbapedia, the probability that a wild Pokemon will be shiny with a catch combo smaller than eleven and an active lure is 1 in 2048.

What.
I was grinding for Chansey to level up my team in Let's Go Eevee and a shiny Rhyhorn popped up. My chain wasn't long enough to start affecting the odds yet and I don't have the Shiny Charm yet curse you inability to connect to Pokemon Go, so I only had a Lure affecting the odds.

According to Bulbapedia, the probability that a wild Pokemon will be shiny with a catch combo smaller than eleven and an active lure is 1 in 2048.

What.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
I was on the school bus, playing Pokémon Ultra Sun. I was in one of the grass patches in Poni Gauntlet, trying to level up my Reshiram. After I leveled her up, I went to get out of the grass patch I was in. But suddenly, a SHINY INKAY APPEARED. I was thinking, "Oh my Arceus, it's a shiny!!! I have to catch it!!!", and I caught the shiny. I actually evolved him into a Malamar, and I refuse to trade him away, due to him being the first shiny I ever found in the wild

Here are some shorter ones:
- My first shiny ever was a shiny Reshiram in Pokémon X that I got from a trade
- Level 100 Shiny Mimikyu with Pokérus I got in a wonder trade in Ultra Moon
- First shiny in Pokémon Go was a shiny Dratini that I caught on the Dratini Community Day
- I accidentally ran away from a shiny Roselia in Pokémon Go after getting a picture of it, and I was like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when that happened
I was on the school bus, playing Pokémon Ultra Sun. I was in one of the grass patches in Poni Gauntlet, trying to level up my Reshiram. After I leveled her up, I went to get out of the grass patch I was in. But suddenly, a SHINY INKAY APPEARED. I was thinking, "Oh my Arceus, it's a shiny!!! I have to catch it!!!", and I caught the shiny. I actually evolved him into a Malamar, and I refuse to trade him away, due to him being the first shiny I ever found in the wild

Here are some shorter ones:
- My first shiny ever was a shiny Reshiram in Pokémon X that I got from a trade
- Level 100 Shiny Mimikyu with Pokérus I got in a wonder trade in Ultra Moon
- First shiny in Pokémon Go was a shiny Dratini that I caught on the Dratini Community Day
- I accidentally ran away from a shiny Roselia in Pokémon Go after getting a picture of it, and I was like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when that happened
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
Was hunting for a good IV ditto and I found a shiny one but it ended up struggling itself to death im so sad
Was hunting for a good IV ditto and I found a shiny one but it ended up struggling itself to death im so sad
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9